Old 06-22-2010, 01:49 AM   #1  

Default gotta keep on! how do you re-motivate?

hi ladies! it's been too long. in the past couple months i've inched up from 153 to 157 -- a leveling off that i expect when i back off my plan some. but in the past 2 weeks i've seen the scale climb up around 161-162.

SO i am just putting this out there -- hello universe -- it's time to get back on track. i remember how exhilarating it was to work for it and to see results, but i just haven't been able to turn my head back on.

i really was intending to just throw this out there for my own sake and not solicit anything...but hey! anyone got any mm tips and/or mind-tricks they play to get back on track when you KNOW you should but just can't seem to pull it together??
partypantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:00 AM   #2  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

For me what has always helped to motivate me was pictures!!! Its like seeing pictures really is a reality check because when most people gain weight we dont like taking pics or even looking at them. Coming to this site has helped me a lot as well. I got down to 220 from 255 and Ive restarted my plan because I gained weight. I havent given up though and im losing again so thats great.

Hang in there stay in the game! You can do it...
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I like Matilda's suggestion of the pictures. Pics don't lie! What a motivator.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 262/262/160

Height: 5' 6"

You gals are right! No matter if you are having a "fat" day or a "skinny" day, the picture will show you the truth. It is really a bummer sometimes. When I am having one of those "I could just quit and eat...(your favorite "bad" food here)....days" I look at pictures from when I weighed the least in my whole life. I look at those pictures and think how did I let myself get back here? They motivate me to get back to that "me". When I really felt like myself and not me covered in fat.

Last edited by WitsEnd; 06-22-2010 at 10:43 AM.
WitsEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:45 AM   #5  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I'm really bad with motivation - I'm one of those people that believes you need more than motivation to get you through this.

Just make a schedule, and stick to it - give yourself no choice in the matter. Make exercise and cooking healthy meals part of your daily routine (or cook on the weekends for the week).

I think if you incorporate it into your life, you get used to it, and its how habits form.

And maybe some days you'll be more "motivated" to work out longer than others
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:16 PM   #6  

**logging into facebook*** to review the last five years of my life in photos

thanks ladies, you're so right. stella, you're so right too. i pulled myself together last night and did a major grocery shopping trip so excuses aren't so readily available to chow down on giant and unhealthy meals.
partypantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:16 PM   #7  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I know exactly how you feel. I used to be on this forum EVERY day. I tracked my food daily, NEVER ate out, weighed myself daily...and was consistently losing weight. I kind of fell off around january, and have been off pretty much ever since. I try not to eat anything TOO bad for me, but I have been eating a lot of fast food and not working out at all.

I think I need to re-group and kind of re-focus my efforts. I want to be that healthy person that feels good about herself and fits into a pair of jeans that are a single digit size. I cannot think of a happier moment then when I finally reach that glorious size 8. Maybe I need to buy myself a pair of goal jeans and see how far away I am. I don't know, I just know that I need to get BACK ON TRACK. lol

I need to start making grocery lists, planning meals, and calculating my weight watchers points again. Oh, and I need to go to the gym more then once a month, seeing as I'm paying $35 a month. That's a lot of money for just once in a while. lol
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote