LA Weight Loss - LAWL Friends & Losers June 16th-30th

Kimphin
06-21-2010, 10:37 AM
Hey all - I'll take the responsibility for starting the next thread. The last one was pretty active, so lets keep the ball rolling!

Day One (again...) - So far, so good. Not starting with TO yet, maybe later in the week. With my current school/life schedule, Wednesday/Thursday is better for me to be on TO. I always feel better when I start with at least 1/2 protein for breakfast, rather than just a yogurt, so I had cottage cheese & fresh raspberries for brekkie. Yum.

I had contemplated starting South Beach, bought the book, read it... and did nothing. It's funny, and sad to say, that at this moment in my life, I can't concentrate on a new plan enough to get rolling with it. So, rather than do nothing, (which hasn't been working at all!) I am going back to what I know. I am also going to walk in the mornings before work, it is supposed to be beautiful out this week.

JLem311
06-21-2010, 11:17 AM
morning! good to hear that you're doing something instead of just being complacent. :) keep it up!

mj2007
06-21-2010, 11:53 AM
Hey ladies

Kim - congratulate yourself for making the healthy choices while so many don't.I guess it is impractical to think that I'll be the same weight rest of my life.It would be a great accomplishment if we reach our "goal range" instead of goal weight...as long as the clothes fit :)

I went to a wedding this Saturday and even though I passed on the dessert( wedding cake with saskatoon berries :p) to my husband after a couple of spoons, I think I had about 4 starches that evening.Now I'm trying to compensate by drinking lots of water and slow-digest starches such as steel cut oats. Also I have found out that "nuts" help you maintain your weight even though they don't make you lose lbs.So I add some nuts and raisins to my morning oatmeal as well. May be I'll brave a WI this afternoon ;)

Hoochie
06-21-2010, 12:13 PM
Although I am feeling better, my scale isnt really moving but I am hanging in there. My bootcamp is almost over. I am taking the month of July off from class because we are going to our house in Huatulco but I joined bootcamp class again for August. I will be going to class twice a week and I think it will be good for me. I have decided that its time for yet another small change before I go on vacation. I am only going to drink water and tea during the day. I still may sneak in a glass of wine once or twice a week. I will count it as my fruit!!! I was at Walmart yesterday and bought a few bikini tops and shorts for holidays. I am hoping that by the time I go that I will have lost a bit around the midsection to wear them!
Kim- I think I am also going to start take off on Wednesday just to give me a little boost again. I need to go buy some Knudsen juice so I can join ya! Is the South Beach diet similar to Atkins?
Well I should go, its Monday and there is work to be done!

Kimphin
06-22-2010, 09:31 AM
MJ - I was going to comment on yesterday's picture, and here you go changing it again! You look great in both of them.

Joan - Rock those bikini tops! We are on for TO tomorrow, it will be good to have a buddy. I'm not sure about SB vs Atkins, since I have never done Atkins (wow, at least there's one diet I haven't tried!) I think that SB might be a little less extreme than Atkins. It looked like something that I could live with, after the pain of a 2-week Phase I (no fruits or carbs). But, as I said, I couldn't concentrate enough to plan out my meals.

We walked 15 holes of golf last night (officially played 9, but it's the longest day of the year- had to take advantage of it!) and man, do my legs feel it. It was such a gorgeous night, we finished up at 9PM! Came home to a grilled chicken salad dinner.

Hoochie
06-22-2010, 01:03 PM
Okay Kim, its TO time starting tomorrow. I need it!

tnanock
06-22-2010, 03:24 PM
Hey guys!

My name is Kim and I am new to LAWL. I started take-off yesterday and received my program materials today with a 1 1/2 lb weight loss from the first day with TO.

My sister actually started this last week, then I decided to join her. I have lots more to lose than she does though. I was doing Medifast since 2008 and lost and kept off (generally) 40 lbs. I just cannot seem to get past the 200 lb mark for very long and keep going down. I'm just stuck. So I am ready to start something new and hopefully that will push me toward my goal of 170-175. I used weight watchers nearly 15 years ago to get me to goal for the first and only time in my adult life. LAWL reminds me of the WW selection plan which is what I was on at the time. Points never worked for me in the long run.

Anyway...just wanted to drop in and say hi. Hope I can join your group as I head toward onederland and beyond! ;)

crimsons
06-22-2010, 03:35 PM
Kim -- what are saskatoon berries?

crimsons
06-22-2010, 03:42 PM
I mean MJ, what are saskatoon berries?

shshshhh
06-23-2010, 02:29 AM
well I must be the only person who GAINED on Weight Watchers. (SIGH). I tried three other diets and now I am back. Just finished second day of take off. This time I am determined to make this work. Here I go . . . .

Roberta

Hoochie
06-23-2010, 11:49 AM
Kim- Okay so I am starting TO tomorrow instead because I was rushed after work last night and didnt make it to the grocery store for all my greens I am going to be eating!!! I will be a day behind you!!!
Last night I went to boot camp and I did more sit ups then I have done in ages. I didnt even think I could still do them....but I can!!!! A few more rolls moving around but at least I can do them. I am quite sore today as we did a fitness challenge last night. I can only do a wall sit for about a minute. They just burn my legs like you wouldnt believe.
I am feeling pretty good about my exercise routine in the last few months. I think if I could fix a few of my food habits, I could get down to where I want to be. Since I started boot camp, I am seeing changes in my arms and my butt!!! yippeee
Okay well have a great day!
Welcome to the site Kim!

Joan

mj2007
06-23-2010, 03:46 PM
Hey all

Kim(NY)- thanks a lot and hope your TO showed great results!

Kim(AR)- Welcome! Thatz awesome!What plan are you on?

Crimsons-Saskatoon berries are a type of berries. Our town is named after those berries.I don't think you can find them in the regular grocery store...may be Farmer's market. But the sask berry jam you'll find at the grocery stores.

shshshhh- May be you introduced yourself to the forum and I missed it somehow. Anyways...welcome!I think you can GAIN on WW because it is a points thing without food restrictions and you might have chosen wrong food for your body type.

Joan- WTG girl! I attended the yoga class yesterday and did lotsa crazy stuff that I didnt know i could do few months back!Amazing how rewarding healthy living can be!You listen to your body and your body will listen to you!

later...

shshshhh
06-23-2010, 03:55 PM
Has anyone used the new Luna Protein bars to replace the Lites? The nutritional information is: calories: 190 fat: 9 grams, carbohydrates 19 grams, fiber 3 grams, sugars 13g, protein 12 grams.

They are really delicious and chewy. My favorite is the Chocolate/Peanut Butter (big surprise, LOL). They are a little higher in protein than the regular Lunas and really keep me from gettin hungry until it time for the next meal.

Thoughts anyone?

Roberta

Hoochie
06-23-2010, 05:15 PM
Roberta- Luna bars are the best replacement bars for LA lites and they taste way better too! I need to go get some...speaking of

Joan

shshshhh
06-23-2010, 05:17 PM
Roberta- Luna bars are the best replacement bars for LA lites and they taste way better too! I need to go get some...speaking of

Joan

So Joan, the Luna Protein ones are ok too?
Roberta

juliemarie
06-23-2010, 05:58 PM
Roberta-looks like similar cals to the reg Lunas . . .so yeah-i"m sure they're fine . ..

shshshhh
06-23-2010, 06:05 PM
Hey all

shshshhh- May be you introduced yourself to the forum and I missed it somehow. Anyways...welcome!I think you can GAIN on WW because it is a points thing without food restrictions and you might have chosen wrong food for your body type.

later...

I did not really introduce myself, was on this board when I successfully did LAWL a couple of years ago and it is great to see some familiar names here. I was doing so well until they closed. Went to weight in and 'poof' they were shut down, guess I gave myself the excuse ... well .....

So, I am back. You are totally right about why WW did not work for me. Love the structure of counting exchanges, keeps me honest.

:?::?::?:Got a question for all you experienced folks. Do you know the counts for sushi? It is a favorite of mine and I want to 'indlulge' once a week but need to know how to figure out the exchanges cause of the rice. I am on the Blue Plan with Lite substitutes (luna protein and a protein shake with little or no sugar) :?::?::?:

Thanks
Roberta

Kimphin
06-23-2010, 11:00 PM
Roberta - I think I remember that sushi was not "on Plan" for LAWL. I would think that you could break it down by parts, but the starch portion depends on whether or not the rice has something added into it. I like that the places that have sushi near me now do it with brown rice - at least it is a little healthier.

shshshhh
06-24-2010, 12:01 AM
Roberta - I think I remember that sushi was not "on Plan" for LAWL. I would think that you could break it down by parts, but the starch portion depends on whether or not the rice has something added into it. I like that the places that have sushi near me now do it with brown rice - at least it is a little healthier.

Yeah Kim, Whole Foods and New seasons both use brown rice and they don't add sugar like the regular sushi rice. Last time I was on LAWL I had the sushi exchanges from my counselor but can't find it for the life of me. Still looking, I will post it if I find it.

Thanks
Roberta

mj2007
06-24-2010, 12:39 AM
Hi Roberta

Nice to meet you.

It is great that you are honest with yourself regarding what works for you and what doesnt.
Now to your question....sushi(small rolls) are counted as 6 pieces = 2S, 1V
If it is shrimp or tuna roll then you count as 2S,1V, 1/2P

Btw...it is better if you can do the plan without bars and just use them during TO. I have said this many times and here I repeat it again...any protein bar contains artificial chemicals and sugar in the form of corn syrup etc.which are bad for you. We use artificial sweetener for coffee or tea, then eat those bars...kinda defeats the purpose for me.
Well...that is entirely my opinion.

Good luck!

shshshhh
06-24-2010, 02:08 AM
Hi Roberta

Nice to meet you.

Btw...it is better if you can do the plan without bars and just use them during TO. I have said this many times and here I repeat it again...any protein bar contains artificial chemicals and sugar in the form of corn syrup etc.which are bad for you. We use artificial sweetener for coffee or tea, then eat those bars...kinda defeats the purpose for me.
Well...that is entirely my opinion.

Good luck!

MJ - thanks for the sushi count and the advice. I am 65 years young and have 80 pounds to lose. Someone else told me to start on the Blue with lites, what should I be on if I don't want to do the bars. BTW - I think using real foods is better too. :D

Roberta

juliemarie
06-24-2010, 03:06 AM
Roberta-I love sushi also but the rice really makes you put on the water weight-maybe save it for once a month and weekly you could enjoy just sashimi (no rice) and maybe some edamame? Just a thought . . . Most of the rolls have mayo, lots of salt in the soy sauce, etc. If you have it weekly-it might slow down the weight loss.

shshshhh
06-24-2010, 03:53 AM
Roberta-I love sushi also but the rice really makes you put on the water weight-maybe save it for once a month and weekly you could enjoy just sashimi (no rice) and maybe some edamame? Just a thought . . . Most of the rolls have mayo, lots of salt in the soy sauce, etc. If you have it weekly-it might slow down the weight loss.

I think you are right to save it for once a month. Allergic to soy except fermented soy (soy sauce is ok) so no edamame but I usually stick to the nigiri (fish over a rice ball) without the krab/mayo stuffing that is in most rolls. The place I go to also makes hand rolls for me without rice so all that is in the seaweed is fish, sprouts, cucumber an da little avocado.

BTW, Juliemarie, we are neighbors. I live in H'boro. Small world.
Roberta

Mama Nicole
06-24-2010, 11:02 AM
Hi friends :)

Welcome back, Roberta. I remember you from a while back :) I have to tell you, I think using bars is perfectly acceptable. I do not use bars at this point (I am calorie counting), but I do allow for, and enjoy 100 calorie pack chocolate cupcakes, which have sugar and fat, and yes, chemicals. Unfortunately, those chemicals are in most foods, and unless you grow your own food, out in the middle of nowhere, with no neighbors and/or businesses near you, you are going to ingest unwanted chemicals. My rule.....everything in moderation. At least the bars have soy protein in them, which studies prove have health benefits. Now, do I think it would be healthier to not eat bars........sure.........but I am a realist. Bars can be a very good tool for someone who is super busy and has a hard time making time for healthy snacks............and are WONDERFUL for those of us who have a wicked sweet tooth. When I did use bars, I looked forward to my honey nougat every a.m. Unfortunately, soy and I don't get along in that quantity......but that is beside the point. You need to do what works for you :) I would say that when this forum was rocking, and there were a lot of consitent losers, the majority of them used bars.

Ok, enough of my unsolicted opinion on the great bar debate :)

I have been losing slowly and steadily since June 4th, and I am pretty darn excited. I am going to update my ticker in a few. I have been watching my intake on fitday.com, and what a wonderful tool that website it. I have decided to stick around 1500-1800 calories, and I am really quite satisfied. I ordered some really ugly sketchers shape ups to help with my plantar fasciitis...........so I plan on beginnig working out no later than August 1.

So, did anyone notice that Jillian is in the 170's? Talk about determination. WTG, girlie :) And how great you must feel making working out a habit for over a Year!!! Awesome.

Ok, have to run......but ladies.....stick with it. Keep working hard. I am almost to that magical 21 day habit thingie, and I can sooo feel it. And I have not really sacrificed all that much......well, except for that awful guilt, I'm a stupid piece of $hit feeling, and overall doom that over eating gives me. I have had a few treats along the way......but they have been tiny, and delicious I might add. Find just one thing to do that is good for your health today. It really is that simple :).
XOXO

JLem311
06-24-2010, 11:41 AM
thanks for the recognition, Nicole! :)

just thought i'd stop by, say hi and see how everyone was doing. things are going well with me. life is crazy, busy, stressful with a bit of laughs and fun thrown in even with my DH deployed and so far away. i'm managing quite well.

btw, i'm also an advocate for the bars because they help me with my sweet tooth and have tons of great soy protein and fiber in them. (i use the special k protein meal bars and they RULE!!)

mj2007
06-24-2010, 11:55 AM
Hey all

Roberta- I looked up in the Maintenance booklet...sashami count as 1 P. Avocado roll counts for 1S, IV, IF.
If you decide not to do the bars...go up a plan...the one with a little more food :)

The great bar debate:D:D

This really a personal preference but I think it is always good to make an informed choice than blindly going with the flow.
Why bars are not good :

1) If you compare the nutrition info on a box of cereal to a bar...ofcourse we don't grow cereal in our backyard...but the no. of artificial ingredients is wayyyy less compared to bars.
I encourage you to read the bar label...go ahead and count how many "real" ingredients you find. By the way...." soy lecthin" doesnot count as REAL ingredient.

2)Soy...is the main ingredient in 90% of bars...the soy is artificially modified form such as " soy lecthin"...which can wreak havoc in your body...if you have a thyroid problem or metabolic syndrome.
If you want read up on "METABOLIC SYNDROME"...most people who are overweight has it.You can beat it of course...by eating healthy and exercising.
Personally I have experienced that artificial soy-based food( not tofu or miso soup)...slows down my WL.

3)Bars have the cheapest and worst form of sugar...high fructose corn syrup(HFCS).

4)Bars break the bank...for many of us.

I don't want to sound judgemental...but "bar-dependency" is actually a state of mind. I am sure you can live without it if you try. the LAWL centers encourage bars because they can profit. So when you finish the program and start eating regular food, do you eat bars for rest of your life? I don't know...personally that is "unrealistic" for me and I wouldn't do that.

Moderation is the key...no doubt...but eating 2 bars everyday for years don't sound like moderation to me!!!!!!!

While you are on WL plan...you can ocassionally have a 100 cal sweet treat ...just count that as 1S. Or 1/2 cup of frozen yogurt and count as 1D.If you have the LAWL cookbook...you can enjoy sweet treats such as cheesecake, cookies or pies.But these you make from scratch and don't put anything artificial.

When I started this plan...last August I was 186.6 lbs...but I wasn't working and couldn't afford the bars after paying the LAWL center for the program.Don't get me wrong....I totally have a sweet tooth and used to live on cakes,donuts and pies.
I did some trial and error and found which foods work for me...and now I am 61 lbs lighter.I am not trying to preach here...just my advice...give it a go without bars. If you feel that doesn't work for you...you can always restart with bars.

Good luck!

Hoochie
06-24-2010, 12:20 PM
Well I sure am glad I dont like sushi! I buy bars and keep them in the pantry for my sweet tooth times. They are not part of my daily meal plan but they are back up for when the craving for chocolate comes. Sometimes tea works but other days I choose a bar. Anyways I am drinking a different juice as part of my TO today because the store ran out of the Knudsens that I usually drink. This one is okay I guess. I started TO today and now I have a dinner date tonight that I cant cancel. I am not sure how I am going to handle that yet.....
Okay well I should run.

Joan

mj2007
06-24-2010, 03:43 PM
Joan i love your idea of using the bars as occasional sweet treat!I use 72% Belgian Dark chocolate to stop my cravings. I get them at walmart for $3-ish and they last me 2 weeks atleast.
3 squares = 1 oz ( 12 gms of fat,8 gms sugar)

I eat 2 squares with my evening decaf coffee or tea and count them as 1-1/2 Fat.

juliemarie
06-24-2010, 03:48 PM
I think you are right to save it for once a month. Allergic to soy except fermented soy (soy sauce is ok) so no edamame but I usually stick to the nigiri (fish over a rice ball) without the krab/mayo stuffing that is in most rolls. The place I go to also makes hand rolls for me without rice so all that is in the seaweed is fish, sprouts, cucumber an da little avocado.

BTW, Juliemarie, we are neighbors. I live in H'boro. Small world.
Roberta

Close neighbors! If I cross the street I'm in H-town also!

tnanock
06-24-2010, 06:12 PM
Hey guys. Well, I went back and weighed in today and have lost a total of 4 lbs....since Monday. YAY!! So far I am really happy with the program and excited to be in the 190s again...can't wait to see the 180s which I haven't seen in YEARS!! ;)

shshshhh
06-24-2010, 08:41 PM
Mama Nicole - I rememer you too. :D
Jillian - I just looked at your stats, wow - impressive.
Everyone - I appreciate all the bar debate that went on, soy does tricky stuff to my metabolism since I have metabolic syndrome and virutally no thyroid function. Maybe I will keep the bars for an occasional treat. Too easy for me to get hooked on them and thanks to the advice I will bump up one plan to make up the missing calories.

Being "allergic" to soy was great when I was going to the LAWL CODs because they wrote that in my chart an never tried to sell me any of their products so at least when they closed their doors I was out money for the program weeks but not for product like so many of the sad stories I read here.

This board is awesome. Really great advice and information.

Roberta

Kimphin
06-25-2010, 10:15 AM
Just my personal experience here, maybe not even worth $.02, but when I was successfully following the plan, I was using the bars, because at I felt less deprived. As I had progressed through, I used them less, mainly because I got tired of the flavors I liked.

I have always said that this WL process is mostly mental. If eating two bars a day help you to stay on plan and lose weight because it feels comfortable, I am all for it. I would say that eventually, as your weight goes down, you will want to incorporate more whole foods into your plan, and will swap out the bars.

I have been doing really well, but sucking big-time in the sleep department. I have been running 100 mph for a few weeks, getting to bed around 2:30 AM!!! Bad, Bad, Bad. I need to work on that next week.

Joan - I did not do TO, sorry you are handling it alone. I am not having any major cravings, so I put it off until they haunt me.

Mama Nicole
06-25-2010, 11:03 AM
Kim.....TO's suck anyway...ha ha ha.....

Joan......I admire anyone who can get through one.......how did you fare?

My plantar faciitis is hurting so bad, I have caught myself holding my breath every now and then. It really sucks. And I bought some of those lovely (NOT) Sketchers shape ups, cuz I heard they would help, and I about went through the roof after wearing them for 10 mins......dying in pain. :( I am going to do my stretches and exercises today, and hope I can get this heel healed. I love words :)

I am still plugging along at eating healthy, and it feels pretty good. Yesterday I felt very snacky, but managed to stay within my limits, so that was good. Tomorrow is my official WI day.....

Hoochie
06-25-2010, 11:54 AM
Well Nicole and Kim. I did not fare very well in the TO sad to say. I went for a Brazilian dinner last night and the whole meal is meat brought to your table. I ate only salad and meat but I ate so much that I am still full this morning. I will start TO on Monday and do it right!!! This morning I brought blueberries and Strawberries to snack on for the morning because I certainly cant eat breakfast today. I think Veggie burgers are on the menu for supper. They have great ones at Costco.
I am so glad it Friday today. I am doing my Happy dance that its the weekend! Maybe I can get some sun this weekend.
Have a great day everyone!

mj2007
06-25-2010, 12:01 PM
hey all...hope everyone doing good and staying OP.

One thing I love the most about life is that we have choices. But it saddens me when people do not utilize it properly.I wanna share something with you that breaks my heart every time i think about it. Insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome runs in our family.I have this sister who became diabetic during her pregnancy.Now her daughter is 9...and clearly pre-diabetic.

She has to shop for dresses from adults section.Other kids tease her as "baby elephant". She is so depressed, she calls herself that these days.I have tried talking to my sister many times...but she denies that her daughter has a problem.The kid tries her best staying away from fried stuff...etc...but her weakness is sweets.Worse...to her parents, showing love is stocking up the fridge with the chocolates and icecream she loves.

I feel so frustrated...how do you deal with that?I keep telling myself...it is not my fault but I love the kid and I wanna save her.

juliemarie
06-25-2010, 02:02 PM
MJ-the only thing you can do is to love her unconditionally, be a positive role model, and encourage healthy habits and exercise. And maybe try to get your sis to talk to the pediatrician about your niece. It's good that she has you in her life!

Nicole-I bought some ugly Shape ups too-for the same reason. They hurt a lot at first-but it has gotten better and I think they do help some now.

shshshhh
06-25-2010, 09:18 PM
[QUOTE=Mama Nicole;

My plantar faciitis is hurting so bad, I have caught myself holding my breath every now and then. It really sucks. And I bought some of those lovely (NOT) Sketchers shape ups, cuz I heard they would help, and I about went through the roof after wearing them for 10 mins......dying in pain. :( I am going to do my stretches and exercises today, and hope I can get this heel healed. I love words :).[/QUOTE]

I really feel for you Nicole, had it so bad two summers ago I was in agony. My wonderful chirpractor told me to get a pair of crocs, not the cheap imitations and I did. Anytime I was out of bed those things were on my feet. I could be in agony, put them on and the pain was gone. The biggest thing was also not to ever walk barefoot. I did these stretching things where I sat on the bed and had my feet hanging off and then pointing my toes I "drew" the alphabet. That stretches out the muscles that cramp and cause the pain. Another one was to put mt feet on the wall and push, stretching out the arch (if that makes any sense).

I hope you get better soon.
Roberta

Mama Nicole
06-26-2010, 12:24 PM
Thank you all for your tips on my stupid old heel :) I WI this a.m., and I am happy to report a nice round 3 lb loss! Yay! I am especially happy, as this is week three for me, and I am still steadily losing :). I know, three weeks, whipty do....but I am taking this as it comes, and my outlook is good :) I am planning a nice disciplined weekend, with some healthy, tasty choices. Have a good weekend ladies :)
XOXO

Mama Nicole
06-28-2010, 10:09 AM
Happy Monday, everyone :) (gag, gag, gag)

I am happy to report a successful disciplined eating weekend, yay! I am looking forward to being another pound or two down by Saturday too. I want it to go faster, I really do.........but I am learning ways to make it not so about the end result. I am actually somewhat enjoying eating this way. I am also LOVING the summer veggie and fruit selections. Last night, we had cucumbers, onion, and tomatos from the garden, along with corn on the cob from a local farm, and some meatballs for dinner. Dessert.......was to be watermelon, but we were all too full.

Speaking of fruit for breakfast......you know, when I was in Germany......fruit was served for dessert at almost every meal I ate there. What's also interesting, is there were very few overweight people there.

This is our first real day of summer vacation, cuz my 5 yo. son finished his summer school program....getting ready for kindergarten. I can hardly believe he is going off to kindergarten in August. In any case, I think we may just go visit my dear friend Julia today, since we have very few to no time restrictions :)

Have a great day everyone :)

Mama Nicole
06-28-2010, 10:26 AM
OH, and these are some recent pics of my people ;)

http://inlinethumb27.webshots.com/46874/2678329020099958805S425x425Q85.jpg (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2678329020099958805oAHlwc)

http://inlinethumb03.webshots.com/36610/2111138640099958805S425x425Q85.jpg (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2111138640099958805NukXHd)

http://inlinethumb38.webshots.com/22885/2226160240099958805S425x425Q85.jpg (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2226160240099958805dRcfxf)

http://inlinethumb31.webshots.com/44702/2641826220099958805S425x425Q85.jpg (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2641826220099958805aLFRin)

Kimphin
06-28-2010, 11:18 AM
Mia and Fluffy look like best friends! And you look like one of the sisters, not the mom!

Weekend was OK, got lots of exercise, since we went to the LPGA championship and walked tons for the 2 days. Eating was so-so, I shall see what transpires on the sclae later this week.

equinetcan
06-28-2010, 08:22 PM
hey people...I'd say I'm back but I have been lurking for awhile. I have been losing some but have re-committed as of tomorrow again and I am going to try the LA program on my own again. I have tried a few others in the last few months and this one still seems to be the easiest for me to follow and work into my day.

I can't guarantee I'll be here everyday but I will get here several times a week at least.

I stocked up today on fresh healthy stuff, went through my cupboard and dumped some "bad" stuff and already have my menu figured out for tomorrow. Even got my scale out again.

Looking forward to keeping up with you guys! Now to update the ticker....

Alannah

MicLindy
06-29-2010, 12:02 PM
Howdy! I'm new to this board. Just found it last week. I'm so excited to have found some great tips! I was successful on LAWL a few years ago and like everyone else, had their center close without notice. I had just reached my goal weight and about to start the next step when they closed! I managed to stay on track for a good while but over the last year and half, I managed to gain back 25lbs of the 40 I lost.

So here I am, ready to start again. I tried TO last Friday and Sat. Did good until Sat evening. Picked my dad up from the airport (he was coming back from Haiti) and he wanted to stop at Cracker Barrell. I did have the egg whites and turkey sausage but the biscuits were sooo good. Oh well. Back on track this week.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and make this journey successful!

Michelle

Hoochie
06-29-2010, 05:39 PM
Well tonight is my last night of boot camp until August when I joined again for twice a week. As much as she tortures us during class, I really am going to miss it for the month of July.
I leave July 9th for our house in Huatulco. I am not sure how the food thing will go when I am there. Last time I didnt really overeat but the beer is so good when its so hot outside. I am not sure if I will give that up..we'll see! I am getting excited for holidays. I havent lost much weight but I am definately toning my body. My arms are losing their flabbiness, its so exciting. Anyways, I gotta run but I thought I would catch up.
Talk to everyone soon!

Joan

Kimphin
06-30-2010, 10:56 AM
Welcome Michelle!

Joan - have a good time in Mexico - do you eat out while you are there or do you cook in? I bet there is a lot of good seafood to be found. Have a great time!

Doing well, sticking to plan, but I'm still up waaay too late. I've only gotten 4 hours of sleep on 2 nights this week already. The classes are going to kill me, but luckily last night one of them ended. Now just one more month to go on the other one.... then I'm free for a whole month. I have officially hit the wall with this process. I'm done! Unfortunately I have 1 year to go to get finished with the degrees. Ugh.

We had to move our offices due to construction and now I am pretty far away from the ladies room- so, not only am I getting my water in, I am getting extra exercise to boot!

shshshhh
07-01-2010, 05:55 PM
OK - started purple this morning after two days TO. Thanks to some excellent advice I am rotating Purple/Blue/Gold. Plan is to confuse my body with different amounts of calories during the week. I did a lot of research on calorie switching and it really is a great idea especially since I yo-yo dieted so many times and have really messed up my metabolism. The plan is Purple on the weekends, Blue on Mon, Wed and Fri and Gold on Tuesday and Thursdays. See how that goes. I am a "senior" female (even though I dont' feel like one) and have aobut 85 - 90 pounds to lose. Here goes ......

Hope everyone has a wonderful and safe holiday weekend.
Roberta