Tejas
06-21-2010, 10:13 AM
:cofdate:

NEW PAGES!!

:grouphug:

Tejas
06-21-2010, 10:15 AM
Good Morning:

It officially hit 100F here yesterday. What a way to end spring as today is the Summer Solstice.

I'm going to a spinning class :ebike: in an hour to start the summer off right.

Sloan left us a note at 4:30AM and Maryann is off until Wednesday.

BBL,
Rhonda

beach bum
06-21-2010, 10:53 AM
MOVING MY POST TO THE NEW THREAD

Good Morning Ladies

Up early as my sister is coming up early this morning. We're still on a water alert,and this Wed is going to be a week.They told us today that because of the tourist and more people in are area is going to be hard to bring the levels down to normal again. WHY OH WHY didn't they take precautions before the crowds arrived. Where are they brains!!!!!

Oh by the way at my W-I this morning I lost 1.5 being me down to 167.5

Leo would have been so happy that a man from his area won the US OPEN. It was a great game,but those greens were horrible,that why he won being a EVEN.

Have a nice week ahead will be back on Wednesday

Vickie
06-21-2010, 11:03 AM
I'm off to talk to Jenny.

ontarget
06-21-2010, 12:46 PM
Good morning. We're going to the doctor this morning. Curtis is having knee and shoulder problems. My bionic man may need new parts. We'll soon find out.

Rhonda's right. It's H-O-T here. No telling what our waterbill will be.

Rhonda, have a good time at spinning. Remember to chug that water.

Vickie, thank you for posting the photo of you and your dad. It brought back lots of memovies to all of us.

I called my son yesterday to tell him how proud I am of him for the wonderful, loving father he is. Made both of us feel good.

Got to go. It's time to leave.

I'm OP.

Vickie
06-21-2010, 01:00 PM
Sandra, good luck to you and Curtis. Jim is always in pain too. It takes some of the enjoyment out of life for him.

nancy237
06-21-2010, 01:07 PM
I am off to visit my son that lives in Boone, NC.
Hope it is cooler there...

I was down to 144 this am ( -2 and counting )
being sick has killed my appetite..

Tejas
06-21-2010, 01:26 PM
I loved being back at spinning class, and the teacher was just a hoot. Rockin' man! These classes are the only place I listen to hard rock and I transform into a creature you wouldn't recognize :devil:

Challenge: I weighed in at 178.2. I'm ready to go down past the posted 176. Rock on, Chickies.

Sandra, good luck to Curtis. Ouch.

BBL,
Rhonda

Tejas
06-21-2010, 06:00 PM
Five pound challenge: so far today: 515 calories. I've had protein shake; lf diabetic yogurt; salad with tuna, 1/2 egg and some chick peas; 2 baby bel cheeses; AND, lots of water. So far, I'm not hungry, but I feel it coming on.

sloanie
06-21-2010, 07:05 PM
Hey chicks, I worked at my mom's house all day today. We sent two pick up trucks to the dump and one to good will. My dad would not let us throw anything away when they moved, so now the sorting begins. We have made a lot of progress, but we still have a long way to go. We will work again tomorrow. I was at 136.8 this morning which is a gain. I think I had too much sodium yesterday. So far today, I've had about 800 calories. I've got to get some stuff done around here then I'll check back later.

ontarget
06-21-2010, 11:19 PM
The doctor upped Curtis' dosage of his anti-inflammatory. Other than that, all is on hold until after the big archery tournament later this month.

I helped at VBS tonight. It was a blast!!

I'm op.

ontarget
06-22-2010, 12:20 PM
"Who'da thunk it?" Here I am last/first. This hasn't happened in ages. I hope all of you are having a good day. We trained a few ends of arrows this morning before it got too hot. But it got too hot fast! Now we're inside cooling off. I have a hair appt this afternoon and VBS tonight.

Ya'll have a great OP day! I'll do the same.

Tejas
06-22-2010, 01:20 PM
I had 1300 calories yesterday. Not all Core, but close, and certainly low carb.

I had aquafit this morning, then off to do some volunteer work, then to Killer Todd.

I'm having some non-family, non-neighborhood guests over for dinner tomorrow night. I'm thinking of serving pot roast with yams. But, it seems so winter. I want to serve beef but am out of ideas, even after trolling cookbooks...and, I don't want to grill steaks.

BBL

nancy237
06-22-2010, 06:41 PM
I'm in Boone having a blast with my 2 sons. It is 80 here today I think
and nice and cool at night to sleep with the windows open. His cabin doesn't even have or need air condition..

I went on a very tough hike this morning. It seemed straight down for
45 minutes to the river and uphill coming back . My chest is congested with this cold so that made it even harder. My eating has been fair but not great, I hope the activity will make up for it.

Tonight we are eating at the Danial Boone Inn and the last time I was there was with the boys when they were 5 and 7...

I'm sad about my youngest going to college but today I realized we will have great times still.

I'll have to weigh in when I get home Thursday..

ontarget
06-22-2010, 06:59 PM
Rhonda, whatever you serve will be delicious and enjoyed by all. Have fun.

Nancy, 80*? Amazing. It was 80* at 4 am here. Enjoy your time with your boys. Your hiking should burn the calories.

I'm leaving for VBS in a few minutes. Should be fun. Ya'll have a great evening.

Tejas
06-22-2010, 07:29 PM
It was 80 F here at 6AM, with 80% humidity!!!

Thanks, Sandra. I'm thinking of a pot roast with a New Mexican flair in the spicing.

Todd just about killed me. I did 10 pushups before we started, just to warm up. At the END of an upper body workout, he made me do 45 pushups....followed by another exercise using the same muscles. I won't be able to lift my arms to cook!!!

He says my forearms are "unbelievable" and called me a "genetic freak"! I love that.

sloanie
06-22-2010, 08:03 PM
Hey Chicks! I worked at my mom's all day again today. I'm tired. We will be at it for a while, I'm afraid. My mom has been really sad today. I know that's to be expected, but I feel so bad for her.

Rhonda, the pot roast with mexican spices sounds good. How about serving the yams baked with a sweetened/cinnamon flavored butter? I wish you'd post some pics of those awesome arms of yours!

Sandra, it is very hot and humid here, too. Hopefully you'll be inside for your VBS activities.

Nancy, your visit sounds amazing! Have a great time.

Hey to the rest of you chickies!

Tejas
06-23-2010, 12:52 AM
Sloan, I'll try to take a picture of my arms and post it. And, the yams are cooked with the roast. But, the gravy has a Mexican pepper in it. I'll post the recipe if it's any good.

I'm going to lighten up the meal by serving gazpacho to start and finishing with a watermelon sorbet and fresh berries. I'll also serve sangria or margaritas. We'll see.

'night all

Tejas
06-23-2010, 09:40 AM
Five pound challenge: I've lost one pound since Monday morning. I've had 1200-1300 calories each day.

The cardinal pair, and a pair of house finches are at the feeder about 8 feet away from me. Beautiful. Yesterday, three crows showed up and sat on the fence. The jays chased them off. Those jays don't want to share!

beach bum
06-23-2010, 02:31 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Sorry to be MIA for the day but yesterday was my birthday made the big 70 my sister went home this morning and now it time for the next bunch to come.

Had a wonderful time with my sister. Monday Night she took me to the Flying Bridge Restaurant and be both had fisherman's platter with veggies piled high on a separate plate. Than on my Birthday my sister invited 5 friends of mine to the BBC restaurant for the birthday party..She had the waiter bring out drinks appetizers and than for the main course, followed by a sheet cake. She also brought a few pictures of me & her when we were 2 -3 years old.My friend all loved her and said they wished they had a sister like that. I'm, so blessed to have her. After the party we went home and than around 7 PM we went to the 99 Restaurant and had a strawberry salad,it was some thing new on the menu:==strawberries mandarin orange sections, tomatoes,sugar coated pecan nuts, grilled chicken strips on a bed of lettuce with balsamic dressing. WOW!!! what a refreshing salad, I already bought the ingredients to make that salad when my DD DS and DGK come up.

Would you believe I gained 5 lbs YIKES!!!! I'm back in to 170's again, hope it water retention and I will lose it by Next Mondays W-I.Along with that our town was in water alert and we had to drink bottled water .

We post tomorrow as I have to get some chores done

nancy237
06-23-2010, 02:50 PM
I went shopping this am , going tubing this afternoon.
Then a nap & late dinner.
It is so wonderful to wake up to the birds chirping because the windows
are open. Our screens are not on at home , so even in nice weather the house is all closed up.

ontarget
06-23-2010, 04:22 PM
Rhonda, please post the recipe--and photos of your arms. You can include the rest of your bod, too.

Nancy, sounds like you're having a great time. Enjoy yourself.

We had a roadrunner in the yard this morning while we were out there mowing and raking grass. It was amazing. I don't think he was very frightened by us. He took his time leaving. It was a treat watching him.

Sloan, your mom is lucky to have you nearby.

Maryann, that salad sounds awesome. I think I'll make one similar after I get the ingredients. I'll probably make mine on a bed of spinach. I used to make that type salad when we were in Montana.

We are inside cooling off after shooting then working in the yard all morning. Both of us got a little sun. I have VBS later this evening. Thank goodness it's inside.

I'm op.

Tejas
06-23-2010, 07:03 PM
Yes, that salad does sound good. Count those calories in those pecans!

Nancy, sounds blissful...

I leg pressed 420 pounds 8 times today. That is 60 pounds more than my most recent feat.

I hope I can stand long enough to finish cooking dinner ;)

sloanie
06-23-2010, 09:42 PM
Hey chicks! I was 135.6 this morning. I'm not strictly counting calories, but I am watching them. I guess I'm doing something right. It is really hard to count right now with all of the craziness with my mom and her house. We will work there again tomorrow and Friday. Hopefully we will have lots of help.

Nancy, it sounds like you are having such a great time. I wish our temps were nice enough to open windows.

Sandra, I like your story about the roadrunner. Do you see them a lot?

Rhonda, you are incredible. My DS says you are "crazy". I'm pretty sure that means he is impressed :dizzy:

Maryann, Happy Birthday! Sorry I can't add one of those cute smilies; something is wrong with my computer. It sounds like your sister loves you a lot. I'm glad she got to come.

Have a great night chicks.

ontarget
06-23-2010, 11:25 PM
Maryann, :bday2you::bday2you:

Sloan, we've only seen roadrunners here a few times, but it's always a treat when we do.

I'm op.

Tejas
06-24-2010, 01:27 AM
Sloan, good luck to you. I remember it all too well: helping my mother when Daddy died; helping my sister when her DH died; helping my niece and nephew when my sister died, and so it goes. That's why we're here, as hard as it is sometimes.

:hb: Maryann!!!

My dinner party was a success. I'll post recipes later.

Yes, Sloan, your DS is right. I'm crazy! But, I love it. Todd said I'm his strongest client, and he works with people in their 20's! :woohoo:

Night all!

sloanie
06-24-2010, 10:29 AM
Rhonda, it IS hard, but you're right, that's why we're here. My siblings and I have really pulled together through this, and that is heart warming. We were close anyway, but this has been special. I have really learned a lot through this process and have come to realize that I probably could have been a better friend/support to people in my life that have lost loved ones. I know that I won't let an opportunity go by to help someone who is going through this in the future.

Also, I wanted to make sure to clarify that "crazy" to a twenty year old means: crazy strong, crazy amazing, crazy awesome, etc. not crazy as in insane. I, on the other hand, am crazy insane :rofl:

Hey to the rest of you chickies!!

Tejas
06-24-2010, 01:06 PM
Sloan, when my husband died in 1986 (at age 35, from cancer) I was stunned at who did and who did NOT help me in any way. For some people it seemed to become a time to want even more from me.

I ate way too much last night. Or, rather, I drank too much of my really good sangria. If you want to feel bleech, mix wine, vodka and peach schnapps. Didn't I learn this in college? :tantrum: And, I have to lift weights again this afternoon. I need to atone :rofl:

I'll stay OP all day and drink lots and lots of water. We're going out again with another one of DH's children tonight for DH's birthday. This has got to stop!

beach bum
06-24-2010, 03:17 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Thanks for the birthday greeting.Now it back to normal for one day and tomorrow my DD DS & DGK will being coming up to celebrate over the weekend.

Couldn't believe the scale after being on it yesterday,I lost the 5 lbs again.
Have to be care this weekend when going out to restaurants that I don't over indulge for it to go up again. Its extremely too hard to lose.

SANDRA-The salad that I had at 99 restaurant was something new on there menu. I used the spinach leaves also,its such a pretty colorful salad with the orange,red white and green arrangement.

SLOANE-Congrats:carrot: on getting down to the 130's,you're doing great with all that's hanging around you.After fighting & disagreements & growing up my sister and I now have a wonderful re pore.She promised my mom that she would always be there for me,and even now so since Leo's passing she calls me every night.

RHONDA-WOW!!! You are a terrific lady helping all those you needed you. What goes around will come around that my motto.I try to help anyone in need,but some times its impossible to do with others.Drinks will,do that I had a strawberry daiquiri and I went up and now that I flushed it out with water my # are down again.

NANCY-Hope you had a wonderful time with your sons,even if the younger is on this way to college.

Have to go,just stopped by to wish you a nice evening I have to get the guest room refreshed for my second group of guests.

ontarget
06-24-2010, 11:15 PM
Maryann, I bought strawberries, fresh spinach, and raspberry dressing for my salad. We have walnuts here already. What I forgot to get is gorgonzola or feta cheese. We may have the sandwich without cheese and I'll put boiled egg on it. Yours sounds better with the sugared pecans.

Tomorrow night is the last night for VBS. I'm tired but know I'll miss it when it's over.

I'm op.

nancy237
06-25-2010, 12:24 AM
Home from my visit. We watched the outside temp rise from 80 to 99 while we traveled home.. I had such a great time with the boys and got a lot of rest also.

I will weigh-in in the morning. I hope I at least held steady on the trip.

My son gets his 4 wisdom teeth taken out in the morning..

We went to see Toy Story 3 with my grandson tonight.

beach bum
06-25-2010, 09:33 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Expecting my DD and family some time this afternoon. The kids have to go to school for 1hr to receive there report cards and than my DD will be on her way.

Planning to take my dgk to the beach and other attractions that we have here on the Cape.

SANDRA-The sugared pecans are the nuts the restaurant several I used the pecans I took out of the mixed nuts container,that I have at home. My sister is going to try making that salad also.

NANCY-WoW you got a full day ahead of you. Good luck with your W-I and extra hug for your poor son getting his 4 wisdom teeth extracted. That's not going to be fun.Had two removed when I was younger. My sister told me to see toy story 3 as her DH loved the movie.

Hey won't be back on line until Tuesday after my DD leaves Have a great weekend.

Tejas
06-25-2010, 09:40 AM
In weight lifting yesterday I found previously unworked muscles in my upper back. I never would have thought it!

Last night DH's eldest took us out and I had grilled trout, salad with no dressing and a vegetable skewer. NO dessert, even though there was blackberry cobbler on the menu. I have atoned.

Wisdom teeth: OUCH.

Have a good OP day everyone.

sloanie
06-25-2010, 10:09 AM
Mornin' chicks, more work at my mom's today. We are actually seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. It's really hard not to be sad that my summer vacation from school is slipping away, and I have not really stopped working. I know that, in the grand scheme of things, my dad's death could not have come at a more convenient time since my sis and I are off from school and can help mom, but I had so many plans for finishing our remodeling project. Sorry for whining, but I know I can whine to y'all and you won't judge me. Oh well, that's enough, the end, I'm done I think :dizzy:

Nancy, your time with the boys sounds so relaxing. I'm so glad you got to do that. Hope all goes well with the tooth extractions today. Also, I'm not giving up on those five pounds, but I'm also not expecting to be the winner of the challenge. I'm really having trouble with this crazy work schedule I've been on at my mom's house. Don't give up on me, though.

Maryann, enjoy your family!

Sandra, can you give me the directions for the salad? I think I've missed it since y'all have been discussing it.

Rhonda, sounds like you have atoned. I know it's very difficult to go out and stay op. Good job. Tonight my siblings have planned a Margarita Night! I'm not even gonna try to stay op. I need to blow off some steam!!

Hey Vickie and Angela! Where are you two?

Got to get going. Have a great day, chicks!!!

ontarget
06-25-2010, 12:20 PM
Sloan, you're not whining at all. IMHO you are a brave woman who is dealing exceptionally well with losing a loved one and all that entails. Maryann was telling us about a great sounding salad she had at a restaurant and is making at home. Mine is slightly different. I am going to have baby spinach leaves, Feta cheese (or Gorgonzola), sliced strawberries, Mandarin orange pieces, and walnuts. I will use Raspberry Dressing (not Raspberry Vinegarette). I had thought of adding boiled egg, but don't think I will afterall. It's basically a spinach salad with a few different ingredients. You could add or delete whatever you like and it should still be good.

Rhonda, congratulations on making healthy choices. I hope you're not too sore from lifting weights.

Vickie, Paula, and Angela, what are you up to lately? I miss you girls.

Curtis has gone for a massage. I'm watering the lawn even though it's sprinkling outside. Tonight is the last night of VBS.

I'm going to make chicken fajitas for lunch. Tonight we'll go to a fish fry before I had to church.

I'm op. Life is good.

nancy237
06-25-2010, 01:10 PM
I weighed this am at 145..
That is 1 lb back up ..(-1 total)
I can't be bummed because it was such a wonderful trip and
I did the best I could.. I really think the 1 lb might be water anyway..
I am back to my plan today..

Wisdom teeth went great , but he is a high maintenance patient.. Tries to come down the stairs while too drugged up ..chewing the gauze pads.. He was so numb he insisted that he see a mirror to know where his lip was.
"I just weealy need to see where my wip is wight now..."

Vickie
06-25-2010, 02:27 PM
I'm here chicks. Just a bit distracted and very busy. I promise to stop in when I have a few moments. I'm thinking of you all and wishing you well.

ontarget
06-25-2010, 04:25 PM
Nancy, it's probably water and you'll get it off soon. Take care of DS. 4 teeth out is a lot. I would be wimpy, for sure.

We had the salad today. I still don't have the kind of cheese I wanted, so we had no cheese. It was delish.

I'm op.

Tejas
06-25-2010, 09:14 PM
Sloan, I'm with Sandra on the "whining" bit. But, if you think it's a whine, go ahead: you're safe here! :hug:

Nancy, I enjoyed the DS story. I hope he found his "wip."

I've hardly eaten today, just not hungry, so I'll take advantage of that. But, there's a meatloaf in the oven. It's a bit late, but I had a long nap!

I just read a cute story on the goal section by a woman who's lost 109 pounds.

Vickie
06-26-2010, 11:41 AM
Good Morning Chicks!

Sloan, you're awesome. Hang in there. Your family will always remember how you were all able to count on each other. I lost my Dad at 22 and everyone disappeared on us because they didn't want to feel the pain of knowing my Dad wasn't there when they came over. Well....hello....we had to live with it every minute of every day. You are SO not whining.

Sometimes I don't post because all I have to say is whining!

Rhonda, you must be a stunning specimen. I'm trying to get stronger but just staying off the couch is a big accomplishment for me.

Nancy, I'm so glad you're having fun. I smile when I read your posts. Thanks for the LOL post about your Son high on the dentist drugs. I need that!

Sandra, you are doing SOOO good. I'm proud of you.

Mary Ann, you are doing a great job of making a new life for yourself. Keep up the great work.

Pool for me today before the rain moves in AGAIN!!!!!!

nancy237
06-26-2010, 11:51 AM
Guess what !!!!!
I am down 3 pounds now !!!!

This am I was 143 !!!

My scales are flaky but I got the same number over & over !!

Does anyone know how to marinate or brine a whole chicken ..???
I am going to start roasting one every week to put in salads & soups etc.

Tejas
06-26-2010, 03:03 PM
To brine a chicken just get a big pot and fill it with salt and water. I use kosher salt, but surely any kind will do. Put the bird in chest first. Keep it in the 'fridge of course. I can't remember the proportions, but I'm sure a 1/4 cup of salt in a BIG pot is more than enough. Don't salt the chicken when you cook it and be sure to wash the salt off of the bird.

We've got grandkids and great nieces and nephews and their friends coming over for a kids' movie and hot dog night. Are we nuts?

nancy237
06-26-2010, 04:09 PM
Thanks Rhonda...

I think the kids night sounds fun, kids can be better company than a lot of adults I know :)

Vickie
06-26-2010, 06:55 PM
Nancy, GREAT job! Enjoy your chicken.

Rhonda, I bet you're the cool one they all want to be around.

I was in the pool by myself for almost 3 hours today. No radio, no noise. Just solitude. It was nice to be alone with myself. Got some sun and exercise. Sandra would say, Life is Good.

ontarget
06-26-2010, 07:21 PM
Hi there. We shot a 3D tournament this AM. We took a young high school guy with us. This was his first tournament. It was fun to watch him. We all had a great time.

Rhonda, a kids' movie night sounds great. And right up Doyle's alley. Enjoy yourselves.

Vickie, 3 hours alone in a pool sounds heavenly. I don't notice you whining, but I do notice when you're not posting. I miss you.

Nancy, :woohoo: on losing 3 pounds. Great job!

I'm op. This is my 18th day in a row. Amazing, eh?

Vickie
06-26-2010, 09:48 PM
Sandra, you are one of my best cyber friends. I miss you too when you aren't around. 18 days already? WOW....I can't wait to hear the results. Do you feel good?

ontarget
06-26-2010, 10:39 PM
Vickie, I'm feeling good. I still haven't weighed. That'll happen in 12 more days. I am doubting I'll have a big loss, but any loss is a loss.

How is Jim's heel?

Tejas
06-26-2010, 11:34 PM
Absolutely NOT OP! whine, whine, whine. Or was that wine, wine, wine?

OK, I love kids. It's their parents I can't stand. More later, but all is well.

Rhonda

ontarget
06-26-2010, 11:38 PM
:lol: Rhonda. You are so cute. I love your sense of humor.

nancy237
06-27-2010, 12:22 AM
Rhonda..
We always say " want some cheese :cheese: with that whine ? "
:hug:

Tejas
06-27-2010, 10:07 AM
Yes, I had cheese TOO!

The grandkids spent the night. At least they were exhausted. Their Nana was exhausted and aggravated and let everyone know it.

Honestly, the parents of 3 of the 7 kids wanted to know when the kids were eating, what they were eating and what movie I had chosen. Man, if they were so worried, why did they let them come over in the first place? It does turn out that their mother has some serious "control issues." No joke! Poor kids. I sent those parents out to a movie while their kids were here, saying "go have a date" and your kids will be just fine. (They didn't know me, but they know my niece very well and she was here with us, having invited them in the first place.)

OK, I promise, no more about this. Except I did notice how very quickly I wanted to just eat everything in sight. Talk about "control issues"!!!! I've obviously got my own to deal with.

Have a great day. BBL

ontarget
06-27-2010, 11:38 AM
Rhonda, I do the same. My brain sends the message, "Retreat to the kitchen. Regroup!" It's amazing what stress can trigger, isn't it?

We're up and ready for church. We're visiting our grands this afternoon, then this evening a gf is coming over for us to train together. Tomorrow I go to the pain management specialist for the first time. I'm guessing we'll set a date for an injection.

I'm OP.

Vickie
06-27-2010, 11:47 AM
Rhonda, since I've been on JC, I've really noticed how stress and lack of control sends me running to the comfort food. I still do it but at least I realize that I am and trying to at least control the volume. I want to hear more of the story!

No pool today. It's going to storm for the next couple of hours and then Jim and I will watch the Sox game. They are playing the hated Cubs!

ontarget
06-27-2010, 04:57 PM
I want to hear more, too.

Tejas
06-27-2010, 09:37 PM
Well, it's simple I think. I'm realizing that when I have lots of people in my house, as I have had recently, and I don't know what's happening everywhere, I am not as relaxed as I'd like to be. It's as if I need to check constantly that everything is fine everywhere. It's neurotic, actually. I'll have to get over it. And, I definitely have to get over reaching for food to calm myself. I should just drink water: think how healthy that would be!

It might be influenced by the fact that I am used to small quarters where you actually can see almost everything that is happening. Here, you would have to be on constant alert and securing the perimeter!!

ontarget
06-28-2010, 04:28 PM
That makes sense. You're probably right. Just think of the exercise you get going from room to room.

Epidural ahead for me. I hope it won't be too painful. I'm optimistic. I'm also OP.