Old 06-21-2010, 04:21 AM   #1  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default Week of 21 June General Chat

Hi Fab 40's females

Wow, monday again. Scary.

I've been feeling kind of hungry today - or more accurately greedy - or possibly just looking for excuses not to work hard. Don't know why. Luckily i've not given into temptation, and i went to the gym this eve which, by the time i'd finished had taken away the hunger pangs. Funny how that happens.

Not much happened over the weekend other than we had interstate-friends to stay which was great for catching up, although the meals out and alcohol consumed weren't good for the diet.

Anyway, hope everyone had good weekends with more to report than me!
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:15 AM   #2  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

Ange - I think an uneventful weekend can be a good thing. Sounds like you have fun with your friends.

I have lapsed into a depression. I haven't been depressed in a long time, so I am surprised by my change in mood. I see my therapist today, so hopefully we can talk about it and set up a plan of action.

The weekend started out well. Friday, I hung out with a friend and was POP. On Saturday, I was really depressed but visited a friend and did my best to stay busy. But on Saturday night, I isolated. On Sunday, I became self-destructive. I watched online tv for 12 hours, binged, had a couple beers (???) and smoked a half of pack of cigarettes.

My behavior on Sunday was disturbing. The only psychological reason I could find for it was Father's Day. My dad passed away 20 years ago.

I have given myself a "challenge" over the next week. To be OP every day and to do one productive thing each day (eg., paying bills, cleaning).

I am fortunate that my depressions are usually not long lasting or severe. But I need to nip this destructive behavior in the bud.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 12:07 PM   #3  
Next mini-goal 184

S/C/G: 204/189/155

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning.

Ange - glad you enjoyed visiting with your friends.

Caroline - sorry you had such a rough day yesterday. I don't have problems with depression but Mother's Day & Father's day are very rough on me because I miss them so much. Hope your week goes better for you & that you feel better after your appointment today.

My official weigh in days are Friday & Monday, weekends seem to be the easiest for me because we are so busy on the weekends & there really isn't any time to raid the kitchen for snacks. I saw 191 on the scale today, so I am pleased, I guess lowering my calories a bit has really helped.
Im On A Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 12:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hey gang!!!

I ended up going out to fiance's and visiting and cooking. Our neighbor who is dying had family come in from out-of-town and we had a cookout yesterday. Spent the entire day prepping, etc. We cooked about 5 p.m. as I had to get home in the evening. It was SO hot!! I actually got a bit sick to my stomach. But I tried to stay hydrated and got home and did the things I needed to do before bedtime. I had a few beers and steak Saturday and a hamburger (w/ all the extras...) on Sunday, but otherwise I did okay. I hope I am able to maintain my loss this week. Plan on taking my sons to a movie tomorrow night, but we will have supper before we go and that should keep me from having too many treats at the theater.

Ange-Glad you had fun with your friends over the weekend. It's wintertime there, right? How is your weather? It's always mind boggling to me that you all have the opposite of us.

Chickie-I like your plan to challenge yourself this week. Keep at it....don't let a little bump in the road bring you down. I missed my Dad yesterday, too. He died back in 2007.

Hope you all have a lovely day!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 12:13 PM   #5  

Hi Dee!!! Looks like we cross-posted. Congrats on the 191!!!!!
Old 06-21-2010, 12:25 PM   #6  
Next mini-goal 184

Hi Annie & thanks
Old 06-21-2010, 10:46 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Good evening. My scale was acting weird this morning--first it said 140 (groan), then 138.5 (Whee!), then it settled on 139.5. So I'm still in the 130's! Even if it is just a toehold.

I hope to see it go down a bit more this week. I exercised vigorously this morning, and I ate to plan. Keep that up, and I should see some more movement on that old scale.

Ange--congrats on being strong and not giving in to hunger. Exercise is great for dispelling hunger pains--for a while, at least.

Chickie--sorry to hear you're down. I occasionally have bouts of depression (brief, thankfully), and it's a horrible feeling. I hope you find yourself coming out of it soon.

Off to bed, and then off to the gym tomorrow morning. There's a bbq at work, but I'm not going. Nope, gonna be strong.
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:06 AM   #8  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Good morning chicks! So, as the saying says, "the best laid plans of mice and men..." As soon as I decide I need to ramp up the exercise, I manage to mess up my back without making it anywhere near the gym or the pool! Either playing with my friend's 19 month old in the playground on Saturday or cleaning and moving boxes around on Sunday caused the upper back issues from the car accident to flare up. I was actually considering walking down to plunk myself into the hot tub at 5am!

So my week didn't get off to a good start, but I expect it to get better : ) I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

Chickie: I've dealt with depression myself, long and short-term. Hang in there!
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:41 AM   #9  
Next mini-goal 184

Good morning everyone.

KittehMomma - I know you are loving seeing the 130's. Yay!

Kathi - I hope your back gets to feeling better soon.

Swamped at work today, so just stopping by to say hi.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:52 PM   #10  
Caroline

Kathi - I hope your back is ok. I think all of us on the board can empathize with you. And thanks for your support about my depression.

I've decided to challenge myself to get my eating clean and exercise back on track. I'm going to stay off the scale until July 1st. I'm pretending this is day 1 of my weight loss program. But then again, isn't every day just one day?

I have a date tonight, which came out of the blue. I didn't think he was interested because it took him 9 days to contact me for a date. But there it is, a date. I think you all would like him. Very handsome, rugged looking, and youthful. He's a professor and a working artist. He seems very serious though. I hope I can make him laugh tonight.

I asked my friends for advice with flirting and they mostly said, "cleavage." The problem is, I don't have any cleavage. I lost it all when I lost weight.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:06 PM   #11  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

caroline - good stuff with the date! And well done to you for not asking him out in the last 9 days, considering you liked him!! That's a good start already. Regarding flirting i'd just say you can't do better than the old cliche "be yourself".
Sorry to hear about your depression too - and all those others who suffer it. It must be really awful. My mum and my grandma both had it from time to time, so i'm anticipating it might hit me too sometime.
And regarding why we're all here lol - you're so right, i like your quote - "isn't every day just day one"

I did "the Mountain run" at work yesterday lunchtime with a few others, which is about 3 miles but lots of steep hills, hence the name. And i went to a tough spin class last night, but today i'm a bit headachy and lacking in energy. Possibly dehydration although i drank heaps. Probably TOM instead.

Getting foils and a haircut tonight, sigh. I really don't like sitting there, and the length of time it takes (not to mention how much money it costs). Similarly i've no interest in other pampering that other people seem to enjoy like massage, pedicures, manicures, whatever else people do to themselves...
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:51 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Hello, all. I missed exercise this morning--I was called in to work early. But I did work out at home on my rebounder for nearly an hour this evening. And I ate to plan--skipped the bbq and the leftovers left out near the ladies room.

Things are going well, but trouble looms on the horizon. A friend's birthday is coming up, and she wants to go on a road trip for the day. That's going to take some careful planning to keep from eating poorly. I know she'll want to eat out, so that will be at least two meals out.

Kathi--sorry to hear about your back. I hope you are feeling better soon.
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:23 PM   #13  

Hello everyone! Boy I did it up right (read: wrong) last night! Me and my sons went to see Toy Story 3 together. We went out for Mexican food first, then to the movie. I had a candy bar AND some gummy bears during the movie! Feel bad about it, but am moving onward.! The movie was great, BTW. I cried twice! Yep, I cried during an animated film.....twice. If you like that sort of thing or have kids, it is definitely worth it to go. We didn't do the 3D IMAX......it was $15 per person for that! But the regular version was good.

I overslept a bit this morning and was only able to do 30 min. of Walk Away The Pounds this morning. I usually do 45 min. on Weds. At least I did do something.

WLW-Hope your back is better.

Chickie-DO be yourself! My fiance says the one of the sexiest things about me is my attitude. Cleavage doesn't hurt , but being yourself is your best bet. Have fun!! That's an order.

Ange-I agree on not liking the cost of haircut, etc. I have a problem putting out money for anything but a cut and eyebrow wax.....and it still bothers me to do only that. Enjoy and I bet you will be bee-yoot-i-ful!!

Kitteh-I say plan for your day trip with your friend and allow yourself to fully enjoy at least one of the meals you eat out that day. Cut back on the other. I know, at least for me, if I deny myself I will only stew about it and it makes it harder to follow my plan.

Ya'll have a good day!

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 06-23-2010 at 12:24 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:50 PM   #14  
Caroline

Annie - I cry during commercials, so I'd probably be sobbing at Toy Story.

Ange - I hear you about the pampering stuff. I hate being stuck in a chair while a stranger fiddles with my hair or my nails. That is why I have put off dying my hair. As long as my hair looks mostly brown, I'm keeping it natural.

Alright, I'm going to be a teenage girl for a moment...

My date went really well, better than any date I've had in a long time. We didn't do anything special. We talked and drank beer and then talked and kissed in his kitchen. He wanted me to sleep over, but I told him that I wanted to wait.

We really clicked on a physical, emotional, and intellectual level. This guy looks amazing- really fit & a great head of hair for a 48 year old. What a great kisser! Also, he was emotionally perceptive. He noticed things about me that no one has ever noticed before. And even though he's a professor, he talks like a regular guy.

When I got home at 1 am, I had dinner. I don't mind eating at weird hours, but I was so wound up from the date, I couldn't sleep. My best friend was awake and we talked until 3 am.

I am trying not to let my imagination run away with me. It was only 1 date. He may never call. We might have a bad 2nd date. Who knows? But I admit, I like this guy and want to get to know him better. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:39 PM   #15  

Ms. Chickie......that is awesome that you enjoyed your date and are interested in getting to know him better!! I love love and I hope things continue to progress. How exciting!! You go girl!