Simply Filling/Core - Salad dressing

View Full Version : Salad dressing

Gottadoit1
06-20-2010, 09:02 AM
Hi,

I'm trying the Simply Filling technique. Does anyone have a homemade salad dressing that I could make other than Olive oil and Balsimaic Vinegar?
TIA
Bonnie

CanadianCutie
06-20-2010, 12:03 PM
I'm just a calorie counter, not following any WW program, but I have a salad dressing or topping I guess that ups the veggie intake, and tastes great. 1/2 cup of canned diced tomatoes (salt free if you can get it) don't drain them make sure to get some of the liquid. Add some spices. I usually add either a little garlic, oregano,basil, pepper and some finely diced onion, or instead of all that some lemon pepper seasoning. It's a nice change of pace from your oil/vinegar and it tastes great. If you don't like the chunky texture pulse it in a blender or with a mixer.

nancy237
06-21-2010, 01:33 PM
Bonnie...
I am looking for the same thing.. When things slow down I am going to try some of the South Beach Salad dressing recipes.. I'll let you know if I find good ones.

Aclai4067
06-21-2010, 04:04 PM
I really wanted to find a low fat red wine vinegarette and couldn't. So now I buy the Italian Dressing mix at the store and mix it with red wine vinegar and waaaaay less olive oil than the instructions call for.

Vickie
06-21-2010, 10:32 PM
Check out my Mom's homemade Thousand Island that is posted here on our board. I thought the Core version was awesome.

TexasLoser
06-23-2010, 09:16 PM
I make a Honey Dijon that's pretty good.

Problem is, I don't really measure ingredients, but I'll try to describe ...

I use FF mayo, mix in a little yellow mustard (or your favorite spicy mustard), 1 packet Splenda, about 1/2 a tsp vinegar, and black pepper to taste.

I like creamy dressings.