Vegetarian, Vegan & Raw/Living food recipes - Silken tofu vs. Tofuttin Cream Cheese for Cheesecake? (vegan)

MeganTheMushroom
06-19-2010, 08:50 AM
My dad says he wants a cheesecake for fathers day, so thats what hes getting:)
Of course he won't know it's vegan until after he's eaten it, and I need to make it delicous and much like a real cheesecake to prove to him vegan baking is awesome
so which is better? Cream cheese or silken tofu?
I've seen recipes for both, and Im not sure at all what would taste more like a real cheesecake, thanks for any help! :D

nelie
06-19-2010, 09:33 AM
I've never had Toffuti cream cheese but if you are going to do a cheesecake, I'd do toffuti.

Also if you want to later try things out, look for the millet cheesecake, its soy free and very yummy but yeah I'd stick with Toffuti if you are trying to fool someone who isn't vegan.

MeganTheMushroom
06-22-2010, 10:58 AM
I wound up using both, but next time I think I am goind to use more cream cheese, I wound up not having enough filling so it was almost more crust than filling!
But my dad liked it :)

bacilli
06-22-2010, 08:58 PM
Toffuti is a little pricey, Robin Robertson's new cookbook has a recipe that I hear tastes just like Toffuti. I'll try and dig out the cookbook from my massive pile-o-inspiration tomorrow.

KylieH
09-23-2010, 11:03 PM
I love Tofutti cream cheese and sour cream. It's the best!

PostWeddingsmallsize
08-13-2013, 02:29 AM
Millet cheesecake? I'll have to check that out as my husband has an intolerance to cream cheese.