Weight Loss Support - Things U Can't Live With out

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Things U Can't Live With out

rochemist
09-30-2002, 08:41 AM
I think we got to be practical and one thing is for sure these are the top 5 foods I can not give up but promise to eat only as a treat in moderation. I encourage others to make this pact and then all other foods become negotiable.:cool:

1. 72% Dark Cocoa Godiva :devil:
2. Crispy Duck with Plum Sauce
3. Nachos no meat
4. Sinful Sundaes :devil: oh how I love cocunut and chocolate!
5. BBQ Ribs

:p

There it is my small indugences and rich food taste, but now I promise these things will not interfere with my diet.

Ms. Chris :queen:

morningglory
09-30-2002, 11:05 AM
Five things I can't live without, that's hard because quite honestly there are many things I love, but here goes.

1.Meatballs
2.Fudge
3.Crab Rangoon
4.Chili Cheese & Chicken Enchilada's
5.Rum Cake

Amarantha2
10-01-2002, 02:49 AM
Hmmm. Can't make any pacts because they never work out, but I can sure list five foods I can't live without (or don't want to):

Dulce de leche

Vanilla slimfast in can

Milk

Salmon cream cheese

Roast chicken

rochemist
10-01-2002, 05:27 AM
Whatever inspires the heart! I have never been able to get past the grit of slimfast!

Ciao!
Ms. Chris:queen:

deleted2
10-01-2002, 09:22 PM
This is fun! Here's my list:

1. coffee
2. chocolate
3. bagels and cream cheese
4. cheese
5. pancakes w/ syrup

In moderation but enjoyed guilt-free!!!:)

Amarantha2
10-01-2002, 09:42 PM
No grit in the canned SF, Rochemist! :)

This thread makes me hungry!!! :cb:

rochemist
10-02-2002, 02:48 PM
I left Thai Food off my list! Bad me :devil:

But they now make it in the frozen section. Carefully proportioned with chicken at 290 calories pad thai, yummy!

Now here is a list of food I use to eat, that never made me happy, I just put them in my mouth:

1. French fries (greasy, and what do they taste like :?: )
2. Snowballs or almost anything made by Hostess, there are reasons a twinkie will last forever:yikes:
3. Cold food out of the fridge (I like most things at least room temp)
4. Cheap Chocolate
5. Cake (it's never as good as it sounds, unless it's cheesecake
:devil: )

Have a great day!
Ms. Chris :twirly:

rochemist
10-03-2002, 04:50 PM
Eating habits I will not give in to (If anyone else has some others I would love to hear them or post the foods You love, come on in lurkers:wave: )

I WILL NOT:
1. Eat out of the carton or box when it is not a single serving.
2. Eat something because it is free.
3. Eat something because I am bored.
4. Eat something while I am doing something else.
5. Eat something because I am having a crappy day.
6. Eat something cause my husband, boss, child etc. are being an a:censored: .
7. Eat something cause it is there.

That's all I got! Wish I had more!!!!!!!!

Ms. Chris :strong:

Earthy
10-04-2002, 12:04 AM
Donuts
Chocolates :m:
Buttered Popcorn
ice cream
:shrug:
I have a sweet tooth! :chockiss:
:^:
Pizza is another winner for me...not

rochemist
10-04-2002, 02:09 AM
Hi Everyone, Greetings Lurkers!:wave:

Good list Earthy!

I too have a weakness for sweets.

The manager at Godiva waves me in to the shop everytime I walk in the mall, I like to think he thinks I am cute :lol:

I usually buy something and he will throw in a few free pieces. I am good about my little Godiva habit. I can eat a piece and save the rest for later. And because I love thier 72% Cocoa Dark Chocolate Demitasse and NOTHING in the world taste like it I have become a chocolate snob :snooty: Therefore I no longer chomp down a full bag of Hershey or Dove Chocolates like I use too. I rather have good chocolate or none at all. This has been a diet saver.:cool:

Hope this makes sense!

PeekabooICU
10-04-2002, 06:20 PM
1. Dove dark chocolate bars are pretttttty darn good to. Luckily I don't have a store close enough for Godiva. Dark chocolate is my biggest weakness. I also avoid the freezer section at the store where the have the Godiva ice cream.

2. Butches white pizza, yummmmmmmm

3. Milkyway Midnight candy bars

4. Grape soda (non sugar free)

5. Chocolate cake

I'm a chocoholic if you've not already figured that out!!!!

rochemist
10-05-2002, 01:09 AM
Hello :wave:

Chocolate is that soothing lover that embraces you even though your hormones amy be making you crazy :dizzy:

So I was thinking about foods that make me remember. You know that special day, a favorite relative, an old friend. Here are a couple of mine and I would love to hear others.

1. Coffee- reminds me of my Grandpa, he passed away Feb. 15th this year. i miss him very much.

2. Fresh bread- my grandma's kitchen.

3. Rocky Road Icecream- My mom kept us home from school one day just to be with her, it was one of the most fun days of my childhood. She bought us rocky road in the afternoon.

4. BBQ Ribs- my husband and I first road trip together. We had been vegetarians for over a year, and then well his mom had those ribs in the fridge and they just called to us. :lol:

5. Jello Cheesecake-my husband and I first fight, his mother makes Jello/whipcream cheesecake conglomeration and I refuse to eat it because it's not baked. I have since gotten over my snobbery but I still rather have it baked. It's still a sore spot with the in-laws. Oh well.

Over and out.
Ms. Chris :cool:

rochemist
10-06-2002, 08:36 AM
Hi Readers and Contributors!:wave:

Remember when your mom had that deep fat fryer right in the kitchen. Unfortunately I do!:lol:

Tonight I have been thinking about what foods taste like. According to my sensory panel experts we really only have 4 taste buds, sweet, salty, sour, bitter(?). So then why do we all have food that we love? You would think it would just become so much blandness tasting the same thing over and over. So there must be a texture element to it, the minds memory, and a hormonal reaction.

What does anyone else think?:?:

Ms. Chris:flow1:

morningglory
10-06-2002, 09:13 AM
I think you must be right about foods being associated with memories. Sometimes when you eat a food, then get sick (for what ever reason) you can't eat that food again. I think the opposit must be true. Food is sometimes the foundation upon which we build our traditions and get together around. Think of holidays like Thanksgiving, which is all about eating, and Christmas. Then think about July 4 and Labor Day, both big picnic days. Birthdays require cake and ice cream. Even when you have a tupperware party people expect munchies and beverage to be served. When you go to the ball park you have to buy hotdogs and soda, even though they cost 20 times more than they are worth. Our society revolves around food. Well, enough of that:dizzy: .
I am still thinking of memory foods. There are so many.
ttfn,
morningglory:grouphug:

rochemist
10-07-2002, 06:00 AM
America is the only culture in the world that can't sit through a 2 hour movie without eating. And oh have a pigged :ink: out before.

And have you ever noticed how if there is an activity involved (movie, baseball game, zoo, whatever) not only do you pay more for the food but the worse it tastes.:mad:

I like this thread, talking about how food moves through our lives interests me. Let's keep this up!

Ms. Chris:cool:

morningglory
10-07-2002, 08:53 AM
I think our emphasis on food may be a result of the great depression, at least on one level. I read somewhere that the children of the depression used chocolate and other food to "show" how well they were doing as adults and how they could provide luxeries for their children. I think we use our food consumption as a measure of wealth and well being. As a parent I find it hard not to offer food to a hurt or unhappy child. I know it's wrong and I catch myself most of the time, but it's almost like I am fighting to swim upstream.

ttfn, morningglory

rochemist
10-07-2002, 11:07 AM
Good morning Morning Glory:wave:

Your comment is probably very right and reminds me of something my grandmother told me.

After out family left Russia and went back to Germany, the girls considered the most beautiful and wealthy were chunky. So my grandmother struggled to fatten herself up by eating pototoes everyday. When she thinks back she laughs and laugh because she is sure someone has come out with the "Potato Diet".

Speaking of cultural reactions to food and beauty. I was recently reading about Ms. World. She is from Nigeria, Africa the Calebari tribe. The thing is though she is beautiful by Western standards (stick thin) in her tribe she is believed to be quite ugly. The Calebari apparently send thier women to fattening farms before marriage, because hips, breasts, and a large rump are valued in the tribe. HMMMMMM Something to think about.

So Morning since I enjoy speaking to you should we post a topic of the day? Do see a direction the thread is going?

Ms. Chris:dance:

SvelteChicky
10-07-2002, 12:53 PM
Things I can't live without.... Dark chocolate, Peanut Butter, Crab Cakes, Bagels and Cream Cheese, and Chi Tea:lol:

rochemist
10-08-2002, 02:49 AM
My lowcal treat i love!

Light vanilla Ice Cream (Bryer's is best, Eddy's will do) 1/2 cup 110 cal

Toasted cocunut 1 tbsp. 35 cal
(Cocunut in the oven on broil, got to watch it carefully takes less than 3 minutes)

Chocolate Syrup 1 tbsp. 50 cal

Completely sinful for 195 cal. Less than 200 calories is easy to work into my day and I love it!
:D

Ms. Chris:chef:

rochemist
10-08-2002, 08:41 PM
These are things that make me feel good that aren't food. Possible replacements for that look in the fridge. I encourage you to post your own.:D

1. Writing in my journal online and off
2. Getting my house cleaned
3. Getting a massage
4. Listening to a book on tape
5. Reading
6. Surfing the net
7. Dancing
8. Going to the gym
9. Hunting for bargains online/newspaper/hauling my butt to garage sales.
10. Watching a movie
11. Seducing my husband
12. Trying something new
13. Writing a list of goals
14. Figuring out to do things for myself, so far I have figured out (kinda) how to wax my eyebrows, change my oil, replace a water pump, touch up my roots, this week I think I will try press on nails vs. acrylics
15. Working on my little Chris Best Recipe Book

List away folks!

morningglory
10-09-2002, 09:15 AM
This is my list of things I like that aren't food. By the way, I really like this thread and your list Rochemist. And I really liked number 11 on your list.:o

1.Hmmm, this is related to food (but then, isn't everything?)I love watching the chefs on the food channel. I don't cook like that but they seem to do it so effortlessly. :chef:

2.I really like to read good books that I can lose myself in. Being a mother of 4 I sometimes need a really good escape route.:flow2:

3. I love to talk. Not all the time, but really good conversations with people I love and care about can be very gratifying. I need my quiet time, maybe more than other people, but I also love being with people.

4. I love my day off, when my children are in school, and Don's at work and I have the day to myself.

5.I love #11 on Rochemist's list, only with my hubby.:devil:

6.I love watching a really funny or sad movie.

7. I love gardening and flowers

8. I love my children

These aren't in order of importance.:D

ttfn, morningglory

morningglory
10-09-2002, 09:18 AM
Rochemist,
I enjoy reading your posts too. I am more than willing to participate in a topic of the day, but some days I am just not too creative, so be patient with me, lol.

morningglory

rochemist
10-09-2002, 09:54 AM
Creativity is an excersise of the mind. If you don't use it you lose it. But I don't think anyone is creative all the time. I think John Cleese said it best, "You work on the law of averages, out of 5 days you will get 3 days worth of good work". By the way I loved your list MG, I think #11 is one of my favorites too. :D

So here is my next little topic thought:
Where do we learn to be beautiful from? And what does that mean exactly?
I think back to my childhood and I thought beautiful was my overdone aunts. You know them bleached hair, finger nails like claws, full make-up, big hair, down south they are called Dallas Dollies. I thought Dolly Parton was the most beautiful woman alive.:lol: Then when I hit about 11 being a suoermodel is what beauty meant, I wasn't fat but I THOUGHT I WAS HUGE! It made me depressed, I missed out on alot of things, and I dabbled in self-destruction. Now I am 30, I think beauty is in a smile, generosity of heart and soul, self pride and confidence, in being healthy. And based on that something about me still thinks Dolly Parton is beautiful :D

Ms. Chris:flow1:

TallTracy88
10-09-2002, 10:57 AM
Good morning Ro and Morning Glory!!

Thank you so much for givin me the link!!! I hope you do not mind if i come in and post!

I think dolly is pretty too..but her beauty comes from her smile to me. It just looks like she seems to LOVE her life.

That is what i want.. a smile that says..i love me..and my life.

I love your thoughts...Ro...

this is an awesome thread!!!

Tracy

morningglory
10-09-2002, 09:53 PM
Ahhh Rochemist, you ask such difficult questions. I was probably quite pretty in high school. However, I had no confidence and so believed myself to be fat and not very attractive. My ex-husband hardly helped matters. I started college late in life (I was 27), I lost much weight, wore cute little mini skirts and silky shirts and I was sexy. But I weighed the same as I did in high school. The big difference was that I thought I was sexy, and I exuded a confidence that I think both men and boys found attractive.
My Don thinks I am the sexiest woman around. That really helps when I am feeling down. He follows me around and gives me compliments and is a real doll at times.
I love long, painted nails. I think those are very sexy. Especially if they are bright red and have little jewels on them.
I loved Joan Jett when I was younger. All that black leather and that black hair and so very confident in a man's world. I wanted to be her( I am a bit older than you Ro.).
I really want to be thinner so I can wear something sleek and black and look hot in it. Maybe something leather;) .
Well, I guess thats it for now.

morningglory

TallTracy88
10-10-2002, 07:17 AM
Morning ..Morningglory and Ro

Morningglory..i think you hit the nail..with that post. Sexiness is abou how we feel..Not what we THINK the mirror says. So I think you have a super husband who odviously loves and appreciates you..and thinks YOU are lovely!!

Hey RO!! Howare you??

Ps..i love these kind

Tracys of posts...

morningglory
10-10-2002, 08:40 AM
What are some of your favorite ways to relieve stress? How do you shake off the build-up of worries and regenerate?

I don't have tons of money or free time, but one of my favorite ways to relax and try to return to my normal sunny self:) is to go out for a leisurely dinner with my hubby. I love to go to Red Lobster and have crab legs, have someone else do the cooking, and to be waited on hand and foot.

Another thing that I love to do is to send the children away for the night so that Don and I can just relax, maybe go to Walmart alone, watch whatever we want on tv. We can kiss without anyone making gagging noises. We rub each others feet or backs or whatever. Just have a nice grown up evening.

I like to take my kids shopping to buy something they really, really want. It doesn't have to be anything big, just the togetherness can be very fulfilling.

I have already mentioned this in another post, but I love my day off with the kids gone, and Don gone and the housework done. It is how I truely rejuvinate and am able to face the week ahead. My children have very busy scheduals and I need to be there for them.
Ok, that's all for now.

ttfn, morningglory

TallTracy88
10-10-2002, 08:55 AM
Morningflory..you sound so wonderful in your ways to relaax.

How long have you been married??My hubby and I have been married for 7 years in Nov..and he..well the things that you mention he will never do.

How did you two get so close that you do all those special things together??

Kempyd
10-10-2002, 05:44 PM
O.K. I'll try this one too....

Pizza....Pizza....Pizza I could eat it every day!
Tootsie rolls, an obssesion ever since I was a kid
Anything from Semolina's ( a local international pasta rest.)
Choch. of course
feta cheese YUMMY!!!

PeekabooICU
10-10-2002, 07:53 PM
Gosh!!! I've never seen so many dark chocolate lovers at one time. I don't personally know anyone except me that loves it. Dark chocolate lovers UNITE!!!!!

SvelteChicky
10-10-2002, 08:23 PM
I also have to say that I love California Roll , dipped in Soy Sauce... with chopsticks. Love it Love It Love It

morningglory
10-10-2002, 11:38 PM
Tracy,
We have been together for a little over 10 years. He is wonderful. I am so glad and lucky to have found him. I think that we have compromised on the things we like to do. He is not much for going out. We almost never go to the movies, which I really love to do.

And the staying at home rubbing body parts benefits us both, lol.
What do you do to relax? With 4 very busy children it is hard for us to find time alone together, so when we are we really really enjoy ourselfs.

ttfn, morningglory

rochemist
10-10-2002, 11:49 PM
Dark Chocolate Lovers Unite! I like that maybe we could start our own political party. Our platform would have to include plenty of heavy:lol: lobbying from chocolate corporate sponsors:devil:

Been pondering MG's ways to alleviate stress. I do what I do and mostly I thrive on stress. Get me under the gun in a problem solving situation and you'll get me at my best. My boss describes it as creating my own level of anxiety :strong:. My biggest stressors are the days right before and during my Auntie Flo's visit. I can't think and I go nuts and I yell and sometime cry alot. My creativity is at an all time low and my self esteem sucks:yikes: :hypno: :mad: :?: :^: and I am so just ARGH! But this is what I do:

1. Long hot showers
2. Lots of cuddling
3. Wax my eyebrows (this is my self destruction)
4. Wear my fat old lady panties and other "comfort" clothes
5. Read mindless dribble

Somehow it makes me feel better so it relieves my stress. Any other thoughts?

Ms. Chris

:cool: (Aunt Flo is here so the quality of this post may be at an all time low;) )

sshomemom
10-11-2002, 12:01 AM
Had to post a reply since I was being a lurker- hope you don't mind.

Thanks Ms. Chris for your list of things you never do or whatever it was called- I was going to eat a snack of chocolate muffins for several of the reaons on your list- hubby not doing what I want- evening not going right etc- but I stopped.

You ladies are a hoot! My husband wishes I would seduce him- did a lot when we were 1st married- maybe has something to do with having a baby and the stage in my life.

Anyway, thanks ladies for your inspiration!

By the way I love dark chocolate and so do both my sister in laws!

rochemist
10-11-2002, 12:52 AM
I was reading through all our posts and I think we have some great stuff in here. Well of course we are all thoughtful awesome women!:D

I wanted to say something about being sexy and seducing hubby. Sexy is as sexy does. If my old man thinks I am hot and I start to do the little things he likes. The corset, the hair down, the smiling, wearing high heels, all the sudden it doesn't matter that I am 200 lbs. +. Other people notice too. Then it becomes that circle your looking sexy, then your feeling sexy, and then your climbing all over each other like a crazy jungle gym;)

That's my story and I am sticking to it!:devil:

Ms. Chris:flame:

TallTracy88
10-11-2002, 03:48 PM
I love hot baths..music and reading..and a good....lol

Girl if you have 4 kids and still do that cuddling thing..honey..DR> PHil should be giving YOU his talk sho!! YOU are the HERO of this post!! SO..tell us more.for i am taking notes

Hiya sshomemom..how are ya?? I have seen you on another thread, and am glad you are here.

Ro...you truly have an amazing mind..I love it..keep it coming!!

Howdy Starkeeper and Svelte..any choc. is GOOD choc.lol.

Now the things toat would turn on my hubby..

mowing the lawn (me..ha)

Fixing the gutters (I am afriad of heights)

and watching married wiht children(which..reminds me of my LIFE..lol HA!!)

SO i hate to say this..

:lol:

Hubby..no way...:lol: :D

morningglory
10-11-2002, 09:01 PM
Tracy,
I don't blame you. I won't even allow him to watch Married with children in my house, and mowing the lawn is his JOB!!!

We are lucky to still lust after each other.:smoking:
He thinks I am so sexy and I think he is lucky to have me.:D

Ro, you are right. Sexy is as sexy does. I can be in my ugly ole sweat pants, paint stained shirt, hair mussed and give him a huge wink and boom!! he's dragging me by my hair, errrrrrr, never mind, lol!!:devil:

Right before my time of month I tend to get a tad bit unreasonable. I just can't seem to keep my stress down no matter what. Usually, if I can get some quiet time, then I can (hopefully) destress.

ttfn, morningglory

sshomemom
10-12-2002, 12:47 AM
I guess I'll work on feeling sexy! Still thinkingabout the 5 musts- 1 is definately Dunkin' Donuts (fortunately or not , the closest one is 1 1/2 hours away and fudge and truffles

TallTracy88
10-12-2002, 07:16 AM
Morning ..lol..thank you..lol..I feel like Peg Bundy is my life!!!

SS..hmmm ours is dowtown..and I had no idea they had that stuff!! Good thing I am poor right now is all I can say!!:lol:

I used to feel pretty...but to me... my next hubby if i have one will be short, fat and bald (ooposite of my hubby) I think that man would love me..for me..and probably have developed his sense of humor..WHICH to me..is the SEXIEST thing..about anyone!!

I love this thread..thanks for letting me join!!!

hefty1
10-12-2002, 11:27 AM
:wave:
i hope you ladies are taking it easy on the must have and going :cb:s
tracey: there is an article in this months readers digest for you to read. it suggest have your favorite foods in moderation.
my musts are chips and beer. ttfn
:) glen (hefty)

TallTracy88
10-12-2002, 11:30 AM
Ok Glenn..i love ya like a nun

but did you have to mention CHIPSSSSSSSSSS??

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I love ya...:lol: You make me laugh

Heading for the reader's digest now!!

Ps what KIND of beer..wait..do NOT tell me..i have to go to the grocery store!!!:lol:

The Goodbye Chips Girl

rochemist
10-12-2002, 03:30 PM
I am happy to see so many new posts and new faces :wave:

Chips and beer. I can see that as a must have. More chips than beer for me. :D

How about this for a topic:
What is the worst diet you have been on?

I went on one of those liquid diet once. I was so light headed that after bicycling I came home lost my balance and conked my head.I felt like a huge idiot!

I think I have found a new truism. Consistency. I was reading Grillers journal and it occurred to me though I am often good about my mini-meals if my mood is off or I get upset I might skip a meal setting me up to cheat later. So I think that will be a mini-goal for next week, eat and excersise consistently despite mood or "outside" barriers for the week.

TallTracy88
10-12-2002, 05:13 PM
For me

when i was dating my hubby..i was so upset..i ate three muffins a day (mini)

and then my tummy hurt so bad from dieting..i had to eat babyfood until i saw i doctor.

hmmmm

sshomemom
10-12-2002, 06:14 PM
Hey all! :cb:

Dunkin' Donuts doesn't have fudge, not a great typist, didn't get it separated

Top 5
Chocolate-fudge, truffles etc
Dunkin' Donuts
Cheesecake with chocolate crust
strawberry pie
ice cream

Worst diet-proably the a fruit veggie fiasco- one day was only bananas, one day only melons, one day was bananas and milk It was hard to keep up with and yucky!

i have heard that consistency is the key that's why I want something I can live with for life not just for a short time Anybody got any suggestions or things that work for them?

Tracy- sense of humor is a must!!! Before I was married that was a top five must have-couldn't live without I'll have to remember that next time he's being funny and it drives me nuts!

TTFN

morningglory
10-12-2002, 10:34 PM
I have never really been on a fad diet. I usually just cut calories and pray for strength. The thought of eating only one kind of food has never appealed to me. Maybe if there was a donut diet a toast with lots of butter diet I might reconsider. :D
I have, unfortunately done unhealthy and dangerous stuff to lose weight. It worked, but I felt really stupid and tired all the time. Had to take caffenine pills to get through the day.
:yikes: Luckily I came to my senses before I did too much damage to my body.
I love:love: the way this thread is going. I am really happy that I found this place.
I can't write anymore. I am so tired yet have so far yet to travel, lol. One more day of work, then I can rest. Have a lovely weekend all!!!!!

ttfn, morningglory

TallTracy88
10-13-2002, 11:06 AM
Hiya!!

Morning glory..i have to say I am so thankful I found this one!! I love to be challenged mentally and love to laugh!!

SS..ok..i love tuffles..anykind..lol and i love those MILLIONS of kinds of donuts..but espeicially Krispy Kreme..so now i am headed for teh pickels and praying that God for just 5 minutes will amke them taste like the stuff you posted!!!:lol:

Ps..i think a sense of humor or a quirky personality si THE best thing ever...get your hubby over here so he can rub off on mine!!

rochemist
10-13-2002, 11:43 AM
Bon Jour! Hola! Guten Tage!:wave:

OH GEE SS DO YOU HAVE THE SWEETEST TOOTH!:lol: Your list was making me think about all sorts of bad things.

Plus that diet sounds totally gross, the one food per day diet. It gets you to quit eating by limiting your options to nothing.

MG, I agree I have sometimes done some dangerous things to lose weight. They never worked and because the associated starvation factor I always ended up binge eating.

Okay so we started this thread listing our yummiest foods we couldn't live without. I also have a list of "diet" foods I can't live without either.

1. Green beans-low calorie, go with anything, commonly served
2. Salad in a bag-does it get any easier?
3. Low-cal vanilla ice cream (at 100-110 cal per 1/2 cup who can beat it)
4. Tuna fish- you can eat a whole can for 120 cal
5. Eggs-a whole egg has 70 cal
6. Pre-packaged Frozen dinners
7. Yogurt- Yoplait has made the Whips that taste like desert for 140 cal and Fit-n-Trim(Dannon) gives you a full 8 oz. cup for 120 cal

Now this list is making me hungry.
Ciao Bellas!
Ms. Chris:p

hefty1
10-13-2002, 07:59 PM
happy Sunday all. today is canadian thanksgiving. i'm having leftover turkey breast with potatoes and beans. ttfn
:) glen

morningglory
10-13-2002, 09:38 PM
Seems like an oxy-moron, doesn't it.
1.popsicles-40 cals. no fat
2.pretzels dipped in mustard
3.yougart-very tasty and satisfying
4.donuts:nono: (oops, wrong list)
4.(the real #4)whole wheat bread(not really a diet food, but since I have started eating healthier I have discarded white bread) Much tastier and actually good for me(except for the butter and jam that magically appear on it):o
5.grilled chicken

That's enough for now. Tomorrow is my day off, woohoo!!!

ttfn, morningglory

rochemist
10-14-2002, 04:23 PM
Hello Everybody!:wave:

Well I read about every diet in the world thinking I am just going to find this amazing plan that will make me a size 9 in 2 weeks. :lol: Aint happening chickies!

So you read all this stuff and they have calorie counters. So how do they figure it all out. For example watching TV burns 1 calorie per minute, reading and sitting burns 2 calories per minute. So since I am a multitasker and say liek to be on the computer while I am doing all this (2 calories per minute) do I get to add them all up = 5 calories/minute Just a thought:devil:

This other guy wants you to drink a gallon of water a day. Well thats cool I only drink water and coffee. But he wants it to be cold water, so you jump start your metabolism by heating it up. Okay isn't room temp 70-75 F and human body temp 98 F so even if you drink it at room temp your body has to heat it up!:?:
Whatever!

So how is everyone? Anything new?

Rusty*Rusty
10-15-2002, 03:21 PM
My turn - this thread is a hoot and an inspiration!

Can't live without:

1. McDs Double Cheeseburgers

2. Pepperoni Pizza

3. Fried Rice

4. Butterball Chicken Fingers with Ranch Dressing

5. Fried Mozzarella Sticks with Salsa

So - which on these things is not like the rest? None! I do seem to have a taste for fried, salty, breaded, starchy foods, huh? Never really thought about it that way before.

Chocolate? Not a factor in my 40+ lbs padding.

Now my husband:

1. Chocolate everything

2. Little Debbie cakes

3. Oreos

4. Cheez-Its

5. Hills Bros Coffee

Good thing I love fruit and vegetables so the key to my eating right is:

1. Getting to the grocery store every week, instead of once a month, to keep the fridge full of fresh healthy choices.

2. Not relying on frozen convenience foods for snacks and dinner, unless they are one safe portion.

3. Eating out once a week, not every other day.

4. Skipping the spontaneous cruise-by/drive-thru/*I deserve a break today* attacks.

~Rusty

sshomemom
10-16-2002, 12:19 AM
Hey all!:wave:

Still can't think of 5 diet foods I can't leave without- Except the yoplait whips- love those things:goodvibes

Blew it the past two nights eating after dinner-and not just one snack either- Last night I made frosting- I know big surprise with a sweet tooth like mine. If i could loose the sweet craving I could easily lose at least 15 pounds- half the battle

MG- hope you had a good day off

Ms. Chris- i heard the thing about cold water before also- I never thought of it that way but your right!

Rusty- Welcome

Glen- Hope you had a good thanksgiving

Tracy- why were you so upset when you were dating your husband that you couldn't eat? You're supossed to be too in love to eat? What happens to that after you get married? Why is when we get married that we tend to put on weight?

See ya!
Steph

Rusty*Rusty
10-16-2002, 08:55 AM
Isn't it weird that on your way UP^ a certain weight feels fat horrible, bloaty and depressing but on your way back \/ down that weight makes you feel sexy and energetic and proud? My *old* fat pants are a joy to slide into today. I hid myself when I wore them four months ago before my surgery and subsequent (lazy) weight gain.

Still have a long way to go - but I'm glad to see my old friend on the scale. Now the hard part begins... 35 lbs more to go!

morningglory
10-16-2002, 09:25 AM
Hi All!!
In a hurry today. I had a great day off. The house was mostly clean, none of the kids forgot anything, so I didn't have to run out to the school. Both of my sisters were at work, so they didn't bother me. My oldest didn't show up until 2, and all he wanted was food. So, yes, it was lovely.
Started Christmas shopping yesterday!! I always wait til the last minute, literally. Christmas Eve, frantically trying to buy for 35+ people, then trying to wrap it all. And I always swear that next year will be different. So, I did it. I started early. I am very proud of myself.
Rusty, your list is pretty good. I love fried salty foods. Heck, I love all foods.
Men I Love(that aren't my husband):
1.Toby Keith-Oh, that voice. And, yummy, he is so very tall. Yea, I love him
2.Alton Brown(food network, Good Eats.)-Smart, funny and good in the kitchen, what more could you want from a man?
3.Heath Ledger(A Knight's Tale)-Absolutely delicious eye-candy. Of course too younge for me, but this is fantasy land.
4.Troy Gentry(of Montgomery-Gentry)-He dresses in black, seems deep, and just makes me drool.
Ok, that's it for now. Share your fantasy men. It's fun and might make for a good giggle.

ttfn, morningglory

morningglory
10-16-2002, 09:27 AM
One more thing, reading over my list of dream men. On the Alton Brown entry I said what more could you want from a man? Well.....there are other important things. But I am sure each man on my list is more than capable.

morningglory

Rusty*Rusty
10-16-2002, 10:54 AM
Like they say - all women dream of having two men. One for dishes and one for cooking. (Or is it three? One for laundry!) :)

Dream men?

Homely nice guys. They're so grateful!

Okay, I admit, I had a serious crush on Michael Flatley. Even got to meet him in Boston a couple years ago. Took a ride in his limo, had champagne, he gave me a back rub. (In my dreams!) He did kiss me on the cheek and gave me a hug. He really treated his fans well while he was still on his way up^. He smelled good, too.

Disregarding any character faults:

Jeff Goldblum

Sean Connery

Mandy Patinkin

Kevin Kline (so smart! so talented!)

rochemist
10-16-2002, 12:04 PM
Hello Everyone, Welcome Rusty:wave:

Well you gals have just been having a blast! SO ENJOYED READING EVERYONES POST FROM THE LAST DAY:D I remember when it was me and MG:lol: and a bunch of lurkers!

Okay dream men(and I have to say minus any character flaws)
Do I get 10 or 5 :lol: Some of these guys there wouldn't be much done after I got finished!

1. Ben Affleck-he has grown on me over the years like an ex-boyfriend you were never quite over
2. Christian Slater (Talk dirty to me baby!)
3. Matthew McCounehey(sp?)-he also could talk to me in that southern drawl
4. Billy Zane-THOSE EYES!
5. Jake Gyllenhaal (Donnie Darko, Cider House Rules)all the vulnerability with a secret strength behind those eyes
6. Brad Pitt-my husband young and with teeth:lol:
7. Jason Statham (Snatch, Lock Stock 2 Smoking Barrels, Transporter)-actually he is a taller better looking version of my friend Glen who is in prision and we all miss
8. Sean Connery-he was 007 who wouldn't?
9. Hugh Jackman-this one is hard it's so hard watching him play Wolverine in X-men. I am a huge Wolverine fan, but thinking about being attracted to Wolverine is just confusing.
10. Antonio Bandareas-I could act way more screwed up than Melonie :lol:

I could go on I wouldn't object to Will Smith, Denzel Washington, Noah Wyle, or Patrick Stewarts advances.:D

Well this was a blast! Have a great day ladies and Glen (who can of couse list his dream women and Halle Berry better make the list!)

Ms. Chris:devil:

Rusty*Rusty
10-16-2002, 12:21 PM
Oh Ro! - how could I forget Matthew and Antonio? They are definitely 0 calorie snacks I could nibble on when I'm bored.

Guess we better make it a Baker's Dozen! :)

Had to jump in - you and MG were having WAY too much fun by yourselves.

hefty1
10-16-2002, 09:26 PM
here is a man's list
1 pamela anderson
2 michele wright
3 trisha yearwood
of coarse this is after i loose 100 lbs

:p :) glen

morningglory
10-16-2002, 11:06 PM
Ok,
Am not going to commet much on Pamela (UU) Anderson. But way to go on Trisha!! Have to fight Garth for her, though.
Ben Affleck would be good for a one night stand. Love Kevin Kline, he was soooo sexy in French Kiss. But Matthew, ummm, how could I have ever forgot him? That accent just melts me. I don't know if he is a good actor, but I would let him play in my theater. Ro, those add-ons were also lovely. You have very good taste in men.
That was a really fun list. See you all tomorrow.
morningglory

rochemist
10-17-2002, 02:19 AM
Hi Everybody!:wave:

Oh Glen! I am so diappointed in your list. Pamela was hot, 100 plastic surgeons ago :lol: But here is my fabulous womens list!

1. Halle Berry- that skin,those lips, pure sexy
2. Angelina Jolie- nice lips, very athletic
3. Debra Messing- for having uncontrollable thick hair
4. Nicole Kidman- complexion, height, and fabulous shoulders
5.Oprah Winfrey- what a fabulous smile:)

OH AND THAT :censored: J-Lo for having a fabulous feminine body!
Great shoulders, legs, and booty!

Ms. Chris
Working on being on this fabulous list :p

Rusty*Rusty
10-17-2002, 08:25 AM
Hmm - Jean Claude Van Damme ain't too *damme* bad! Nice arms.

George Clooney - bedroom (anywhere) eyes.

Brad Pitt - too pretty!

Women?

Angelina - almost like a real woman :)

Nicole - go Red go!

Elizabeth Hurley - what a bod! Looks real, too.

I was lying in bed last night thinking that this is a fun thread because of the fun people in here. Then I remembered that with 36 pounds to go I was going to get to know you all pretty well over the next ~18 weeks or so - and I SMILED in the dark.

Thanks for the warm welcomes! I'm off to work!

morningglory
10-17-2002, 08:58 AM
Morning All!!,
George Clooney, yep, I would do that one for a dime. Heck, I might even do it for free, if he asked real nice. LOL:s:
I was thinking of beautiful women last night:
1.Nicole Kidman-Beautiful, confident
2.Julia Roberts-she has a great smile
3.Meg Ryan-She is just too darn cute
4.Brittany Spears-pure sex kitten

Thats all for now. See you all later.

morningglory

boatingmommy
10-17-2002, 10:19 AM
Hey gals and guys! Been lurking...thought I'd chime in. What if you could take parts of people and make the perfect man. That idea sounds more appealing, since I am sure that although Brad Pitt is picture perfect, could he fill all of my other needs?....well, maybe THAT need....but here's some ideas.

I want to take either Patrick Stewart or Sean Connery's voice - accents DO it for me.
John Travolta's dimpled chin
Harry Connick Jrs' boyish grin and great hair
Richard Gere's sense of presence
George Clooney's smoldering eyes
Tom Hanks' ability to be funny or serious, as circumstances warrant
Wesley Snipes' Body (what a firm butt!!!)
Matt Lauer, Today show host...smart, articulate, without being arrogant
Bob Villa's ability to Fix things/build things
And last but not least....Mike Myers' sick, deranged sense of humor!
(note: I did not put anyone in there who can cook....it only leads to poundage on the buttocks!!!)

And I must mention my one true love. I have been in love with Harrison Ford since I was nine, and he was Han Solo!

Boatingmommy:devil:

PeekabooICU
10-17-2002, 06:56 PM
Well, this thread has really taken a different turn. Interesting. On page 2, someone was talking about feeling sexy, I don't think I've ever felt sexy, even before I gained all this weight. I have always been way to self concious.

As to men, well, Mel Gibson still is at the top of my list. Sure, he is getting older but then who isn't. I know I'm not getting younger. Now if I was younger, and I mean in my twenties, there is this ice skater who won the gold in the Olympics that I think is sooo hot. Can't think of his name but man, he has a body that if he walked past me, I'd turn and gaze happily at his butt. I'm too old to be thinking about someone that young. I'm probably 25 years older than he is. But I'm not dead!!!

Now for women, mind you, I don't go for women but this is just my opinion, Shania Twain and Faith Hill put me in mind of beautiful women.

I have to tell you, I've been nibbling on chocolate all day today. I've been so bad. Since its close to Halloween, everyone is bringing candy in and I can't seem to stay out of it. This is such a bad time of year for people trying to lose weight. First there is halloween, then Thanksgiving and Xmas. I've just been going thru a time where I just don't really care what I eat and I don't want the low cal, low fat stuff.

Well, just wanted to pop in and say hi to ya'll. This is an interesting thread.

Rusty*Rusty
10-17-2002, 08:28 PM
I thought of my *perfect* female role model. Bonnie Raitt! Man, she can rock and she's a redhead and she lets the grey grow in and it looks great and she's got a good tight body!

I wanna be like her when I grow up.

Oops, too late!

And yes, Meg Ryan - she was so cute with Kevin Kline in French Kiss. Sweet movie! One of my favorites. "Bub Dylan" Bub? A oui!

rochemist
10-17-2002, 10:08 PM
Hello BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE:wave:

We have discussed the food we can't live without, what sexy is, food stressors, and beautiful people. I am beginning to think this thread should be called the BEST LIST THREAD!:lol:

Here is my new list. Things I am going to do (fat or thin) before I die (inspired by lodyangel's journal) barring any freak accidents!:dizzy:

1. Visit Marvel Island of Adventure in Florida
2. Back pack in Europe for 1 year
3. Back pack in Canada for 6 months
4. Take an all inclusive vacation in the Carribean
5. Have my voice recorded
6. Try out for a play
7. Have professional photos taken
8. Write a novel
9. Spend a vacation volunteering
10. Not look at a clock for a week
11. Paint a beautiful picture
12. Buy a house

If I think of some more I will let ya'll know:cool:

I think I have some things to work on. I definetly want to travel! I think that is obvious!
Ms. Chris:wizard:

morningglory
10-17-2002, 11:33 PM
Wouldn't it be cool if we could invent the perfect man! Or would it? I know I left out one really important man. Don is so strong and wonderful.
Bonnie Raitt is sexy. I have gray in my hair and the kids keep asking me to dye it. But, it's my grey, my God!! and I don't want it gone.

Things I would like to do before I die:
1.See my grandchildren(haven't got any yet, don't want them either, right now)
2.Go to Germany
3.Go to the Vatican(I am not Catholic, but would love to see that, so much history)
4.See more of the good, ole USA
5.See the mountains
6.Go back to the ocean
7.Take a vacation without the kids
8.Go to a really nice hotel, and get pampered
9.Be thin, again
10.Live on a farm and raise organic veggies
11.Own a Harley, and all the cool leather to go with it
12.Forgive myself for all the mistakes I have made

Have a lovely evening all! Feel sexy Star, it's a hoot:rolleyes:

ttfn, morningglory

sshomemom
10-18-2002, 01:11 AM
Hey All!:wave:

I've been away for two days and I can't believe you're already on your third list. I 'll do the first one and then have to think about the other two. Does it always seem like I'm a list behind?:dizzy:

Top Men
1. Dean Cain - Did you ever see Lois and Clark? That man has a body that won't quit!!!:o
2. Matthew McConaghey- I thought I was the only one who loved his Southern accent- Makes me want to melt- He can call me anytime day or night!
3. Cary Grant- Yes, I know he's dead but in his prime he was great-he was so charming!
4. Matthew Perry- his character Chandler Bing on Friends funny but quirky and cute
5. Hugh Grant- that smile and those eyes

Can you tell that I like dark haired men?

I'm sure I'll have more tomorrow. It's getting late and I can't think. I'll have to catch up later!

Tracy- haven't seen you post lately. Hope things are good!

sshomemom
10-18-2002, 04:18 PM
Hey All!
Top Women

1. Reese Witherspoon- she's too cute
2. Meg Ryan
3. Julia Roberts- great hair and smile
4. Sydney Hanson on Providence (named my daughter after her)
5. Andie McDowell- she can be cute or pretty

I asked my husband to help me on this list last night but he wouldn't said it was my list. He has the hots for Dharma from Dharma and Greg

morningglory
10-20-2002, 09:46 AM
Here are some ways to lose weight without eating less!:lol: Hope you enjoy my list:idea:

1. Donate an organ. I am sure a kidney must weight at least 3 lbs.
2. Cut your hair (my hair is down to my butt, so I am sure I could lose at least 3 more pounds:smug: )
3. Clip my finger and toenails. Also, remove the polish from them
4. Shave my legs and armpits (another 3lbs:p )

Let me know your ideas!
morningglory

Rusty*Rusty
10-20-2002, 10:40 AM
MG - you're a silly person. :) I like that in a person.

http://pages.map.com/rclark/chin_fly.gif

Lose weight without dieting:

Eat everything with chopsticks, including soup!

To limber up without exercise:

Eat all of your meals from a bowl on the floor - look how sleek dogs are!

wykyd
10-20-2002, 07:43 PM
Been lurking, thought I'd finally jump in and say hi, and add all my lists in one hit!

Top 5 Foods I can't live without.
Vanilla Coke
Mint Chocolate (yes, dark)
Scallops
Bacon sandwiches
Salt and Vinegar potato chips

Top Five Non-Food things I can't live without:
Great books, like Marquez, Steinbeck, John Irving
Great Music, like Stevie Ray Vaughan, Clapton, Joe Cocker,
Great sex with the man I love
My flower garden
My dog, Riley

Top Five men (I'll watch any movie they're in)
Kevin Spacey
Robert De Niro
John Travolta
Kevin Bacon
Viggo Mortensen

Top Five Women (same criteria)
Cate Blanchett
Nicole Kidman
Toni Collette
Jodie Foster
Michelle Pfeiffer

Top Five things I want to do before I die:
write a novel (and maybe even get it published!)
learn to play the guitar
buy and run my own farm
fly in a hot air balloon
go back to the home of my ancestors (Ireland)

:devil:

hefty1
10-20-2002, 09:41 PM
i go :cb: over
1 salads
2 peanut butter
3 hot dogs

ttfn :) glen

morningglory
10-20-2002, 09:44 PM
Hmmmmm, I would bet Don would love to see me down on the floor, on all fours, eating like a dog. Bet I would never get to finish my meal. Good idea Rusty, lol.
I also love John Travolta wykyd. Can't believe I left him off my list.
Have a great evening everyone!!!
morningglory

Rusty*Rusty
10-20-2002, 10:11 PM
Wykyd - so organized! :) Virgo? We have the same taste in music. LOL

I also forgot Kevin Spacey - loved him in K-Pax and Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, and he was fab in The Usual Suspects.

John Travolta looks cute in wings and five o'clock shadow. Rrrrr!

Okay buddies, what's your mantra. What gives you a boot in the butt and gets you moving again?

I say - No Regrets! Move on, yesterday is a picture book, you can look but you can't change it. Tomorrow is an empty page - write it the way you want it!

morningglory
10-21-2002, 08:52 AM
Maybe that's where I am going wrong. I need a mantra. I need something to help me stay focused and help me get going. So.... hmmm, I will have to think about it.
Today is my day to get back on track. I want this so I am going to work hard. I am going to ask for help when it gets too tough. I am going to do good today. Tomorrow will take care of itself.

List of people I would love:love: to see in concert!!
1.Toby Keith. I love this man! His songs are so funny, and upbeat and they make me feel better when I am mad.

2.John Mellecamp. A piece of my childhood, I love him too. He sings the songs I used as my anthems. He is an icon.

3.Paul McCartney. A beatle, need I say more?

4.Billy Joel

5.Alan Jackson

6.Martina McBride
I know there are more. My brain just emptied out. When I think of them, you all will be the first to know!!

ttfn, morningglory:balloons:

Rusty*Rusty
10-21-2002, 09:08 AM
Good morning, Morning Glory! Are you a morning person?

http://pages.map.com/rclark/mememe.gif

Nike's "Just Do It" hit a nerve with me, too. I sometimes get stuck in the don'wanna exercise rut and then I say - Just Do It. I can't do much yet - no stamina and I can't see any results after just a couple weeks of step and hand weights - but I figure that when the flab on my arms and belly goes away - it'll be a nice surprise to find out I have a little muscle tone hiding underneath!

"Just Do It"

morningglory
10-21-2002, 09:52 AM
Yep,
I am a morning person. I get up at 6, but I don't really get started until after about 3-4 cups of coffee. I sort of just sit here and veg out. Plus today is my day off!!!!:high:
I think part of my mantra will be that I will learn to ask for help when I need it. It doesn't make me a weak person to need help, just human and overwhelmed. I try to do it all myself. Even at work. But, I will learn to ask for help.
Keep it up Rusty. I walk, because it's something I can do, something both my girls can do (my oldest daughter has a leg amputated so she is limited in the physical activities she can do.). I am going to take a belly dancing class:dancer: . I am really looking forward to it. Plus, Don will just love it. I may even get the whole sexy little outfit to go with it.
Have a great day,

morningglory

rochemist
10-21-2002, 12:15 PM
Hello Everybody:wave:

Things that get me movin? Well at work it is crisis or catastrophe!:dizzy:

I use a couple of things to get me going:

1. Talk myself into it, after 15 minutes of saying I should or could I usually realize my workout would be a 3rd done if I just got up.
2. Put on my excersise clothes AND SHOES. There is something about shoes that say you got to go.
3. If its really bad I compromise: The belly dancing tape is only 30 min, I have a glider in 33 min I will burn 300 calories. 30 minutes in no big commitment. I mean I watch at least 30 minutes of TV news and crap a day.
4. Okay this is going to sound awful!:devil: If I see someone fatter than me, or even pull out a pic of me at 265 its pretty motivating.
5. Stretch! Do some Yoga poses. If I do it for just 15 minutes my muscles feel alot warmer and flexible.

Too cheesy :lol: Probably!

List of people I would like to see in concert:
1. System of a Down
2. Linkin Park
3. Paul Mc Cartney
4. Henry Rollins (I heard his monologues and poetry readings are awesome!)
5. Ozzy

My favourite authors:
1. Kurt Vonegutt
2. Isacc Asimov
3. Douglas Adams
4. Stephen King
5. JK Rowling
6. Tolkien
7. John Grisham
Honorable mention Robert Heinlein and Ray Bradbury. Heinlein has this tendency to go off on some weird tangents so he can't make my list!:lol:

Have a Lovely Day Ladies!

Rusty*Rusty
10-21-2002, 01:55 PM
Ms. Chris! (I'm a epic fantasy addict!)

Everyone on your list +

1. Tad Williams - everything he ever wrote plus anything he will write in the future! Otherland

2. Stephen Donaldson - depressing and wonderful - Thomas Covenant

3. Terry Brooks - all the Shannara books

4. Raymond Feist - Riftwar

5. Terry Goodkind - Sword of Truth

6. Anne Rice - when she's good she's very good but when she's bad... :LOL:

Plus - anything by Stephen Jay Gould, may he rest in peace

I'm sure there are many more favorites but the long series popped to mind right now.

Lost three pounds this week and we ate out at the Chinese AYCE Buffet one night! But I *knew* what to do - had wonton broth to start - drank lots of water and ate off the grill - so I could pick what went onto my plate - shrimp and a little chicken breast - tons of veggies and some garlic and oyster sauce - over steamed rice. Went up twice to the grill! Had a couple bites of pineapple to finish. I was stuffed and VERY amazed at my self-control. Never did that before.

morningglory
10-21-2002, 02:53 PM
Chris!!! Great to see you back:dance:
Favorite Authors:
1.Stephen King
2.Mauve Binchy
3.John Grisham
4.Not an author, but I am addicted-Gardening catalogs
5.Jude Deveraux
6.I just love to read. So, I will read almost anything

My daughter is who motivates me. She is so strong, and strong-willed. She keeps me going. I would be so lost without her. Btw, all my kids have got their report cards. Amanda and Erin both got straight A's (sophmore and 8th grader, respectively), Brandon got all A's, except for a B in instumental. And my oldest son, God bless his troubled little soul, has chosen to drop out of high school. I surely don't know what to do about him. He has promised me he will get his GED, but we will have to wait and see.
stay strong, morningglory

rochemist
10-21-2002, 03:18 PM
Hello Ladies:wave:

When it rains it pours! The new car I bought has a blown head gasket. Just reading you gals post made me feel less like crying.:(

Take heart MG! I only went to my Freshman year of HS. Got my GED, then my AS in Pre-Physician Assist., and then my BS in Chemistry. Right now I am working on my electrical, mechanical, and pump certification. Along with my Class 2 WWT license. And then there is the story of Dave Thomas who didn't go to school and could wipe his butt with what I make in a year:lol:

The sun will come out tommorow, bet your bottom dollar that tommorow there will be sun! When I am stuck with a day that's gray and lonely I just stick out my chin and grin and say...........

It's going to be okay.

New List Favorite Movies (I could go on all day!)
1. Fight Club
2. Lord of the Rings
3. True Romance
4. Matrix
5. Donnie Darko
6. The Holy Grail
7. Army of Darkness
8. The Ref (OMG WHY DO I LOVE DENNIS LEARY?)
9. Heathers
10. Snatch

I could go on with this you know! I LOVE MOVIES! (I got to mention the black comedies Serial Mom and Drop Dead Gorgeous)

TTYL,
Ms. Chris:shrug:

wykyd
10-21-2002, 05:22 PM
Did someone say favourite movies? Oh no! Where to start? I'm sure I will leave one out.....(and remember it just as I press 'submit' )

Top Five:

The Usual Suspects (one of those 'how did I not see that coming' endings)
Face Off - (a cool concept, plus John Travolta/Nick Cage combination)
Enemy of the State- (scary movie, because its possibly true)
Duel (put me off truck drivers for life)
Moulin Rouge (yeah, I know 98% of the Western world hated it, but I've always wanted to be a can-can girl)

and I have to add special mention for 'Lord of the RIngs' as it was made where I live. Yay! Roll on part two- coming Dec 18th!

Rusty*Rusty
10-21-2002, 05:27 PM
Hmm - okay, y'all are youngsters (LOL) compared to me. You know some movies and music that I haven't picked up on at my advanced age. Plus I've got no kids so unless I absorb culture from the web or from the trashy tabloids I read instead of watching TV - I get left behind! (No, not the books!)

Movies:

Princess Bride - love both Wesley AND Inigo Montoya "As you wish!" How romantic! (We even named our youngest boxer Princess Buttercup.)

Terry Gilliam and Monty Python flix - Twelve Monkeys

Casablanca - ah, Bogey

Dark Crystal/Legend/Labyrinth/Willow/LOTR/Harry Potter/Merlin - anything in the genre of fantasy/dungeons&dragons

Tim Burton flix

...and a million more - we watch a lot of movies between books. :)

Every seen Eating Raoul? We're still looking for it on VHS. Crazy movie.

morningglory
10-21-2002, 05:27 PM
Favorite Movies:
1.Bridget Jones' Diary
2. About a Boy
3.The Princess Bride
4.When A Man Loves A Woman (I love anything with Meg Ryan, she is so very cute. I even liked her when she left Denis for that freak)
5.Lord of the Rings (It was so beautiful. I just felt like I had dropped into the middle of a fairy tale.)
6.A Walk in the Clouds

Chris, I would love to get me a pair of boots, but that, like so many things, will have to wait until I am in a better financial postion. One day all things will be possible. Or, I may just get over myself. One or the other, lol!!

Rusty*Rusty
10-21-2002, 05:31 PM
Wykyd - I have another NZ buddy online. Funny that you're already into your Tuesday when we're getting started on Monday. You're also heading into spring/summer and we are starting to get our first freezes in New England. I believe Janeece is near Dunedin.

rochemist
10-21-2002, 06:19 PM
Hi Ladies:wave:

HOW COULD I FORGET PRINCESS BRIDE! :dizzy:

I like everything on your list Rusty! Favourites I own them all!

And Wykyd, I too own Moulin Rouge. I also love the Romeo + Juliet. Beautifully shot and directed.:cool:

Whats next ladies?

TOP 10 things growing in my fridge

What does everyone do? Marriage? Kids?

Me I ama shift manager at a mill. Yes, it is just as gross and macho as it sounds.
Married 12 years, I have had 8 really great years of marriage :lol:
I have one child,11. And my husband was broken so now he is fixed so it won't happen again!

Rusty*Rusty
10-21-2002, 06:42 PM
Which of my many careers do I start with? LOL Spent almost ten years as a disc jockey on the radio in ME, MA and FLA. Then four years working in a cross-stitch shop. Then went back to college for a second Bachelor's - first time English - Second time Biology. Ran a public aquarium at the local science museum for a number of years - until my migraines became daily. Been working flex-hours in a print shop doing layout/graphics work on macs and pcs ever since.

My migraines were successfully treated at the UMASS Headache Clinic in January 2001. First time I've been pain-free since 1975 or so.

Now that I have the energy - I'm getting healthy. LOL

I, too, loved Moulin Rouge. Beautiful movie! And Ladyhawke was lovely, too!

morningglory
10-21-2002, 09:11 PM
Hi, my name is Lora, and I am an overeater. OOPs, wrong thing. I am 36 years old, have 4 children, 17, 15, 13, and 11. I am on my second marriage, sort of. Actually, I am living in sin:devil: . I will eventually marry him, but for now no. We have been together for 10 years. I am a baker. I run the kitchen in my sister's bakery. It is a very tough job, both physically and mentally. We are at the point where we really need a bigger place but don't quite qualify for the loan. I have to bake 2600 sugar cookies on Sunday, woohoo!
How was your husband broken?
My daughter was broken, but is much better now. She is 3 years cancer-free.
I am really enjoying our thread and these messages. I hope all are doing well. Thinking good thoughts of you all.
morningglory

Rusty*Rusty
10-22-2002, 08:45 AM
I think Ms. Chris meant she had him spayed. LOL

When I had my hysterectomy in June I told everyone I was going in for a spaying! Hysterectomy sounded so *female* and I didn't like seeing everyone cringe when I said it. :) Had lap surgery and came out with four little bandaids. Stayed 23 hours in the hospital and could have walked home if I'd had to. Amazing how simple recovery is when you do it that way. I remember my Momz being five days in the hospital when I was little and have a long scar ever after.

http://pages.map.com/rclark/scrabble.gif

My husband Boxerbob (programmer) and I have his and hers computers and we're on them (in shifts) from sunup to midnight just about every day. Exercise? Maybe running up and down the stairs for more water qualifies? (I spend my time online at a couple cam sites. Love watching the critters. He spends his playing Scrabble.)

What are your favorite games - online or off?

1. Scrabble

2. Creatures

3. Pinball

4. Nintendo - Dr. Mario

5. Cribbage

morningglory
10-22-2002, 09:17 AM
Favorite Games
1.007-I think it was playstation
2.boggle-like it both on-line and off-line
3.Solataire
4.I really like computerized word games

wykyd
10-22-2002, 06:27 PM
I love describing a hysterectomy as being spayed! Does that mean when my partner had his vasectomy that I had him neutered?

Top Five Games:

Pictionary, (which I'm not allowed to play any more because I get frustrated when my partner can't see that the 'squiggle' I drew is so obviously a monkey.)

Monopoly (which I'm not allowed to play any more because I sulk when I end up in jail and go bankrupt.)

Scrabble (which I'm not allowed to play any more because I make up words and say they are Latin)

Battleships (which I'm not allowed to play any more because I cheat and send my partner to the kitchen for more beer while I sneak a look at his side of the board)

Go Fish (which I am allowed to play, but my six year old niece always beats me, so I'd rather play Pictionary)

morningglory
10-22-2002, 10:40 PM
Ummmmm,
Wykyd, maybe you should rethink your game playing stratagy. I mean, the point of playing is to have fun. How can you have fun if you aren't allowed to play?:lol:
I love pictionary too. I couldn't remember the name this morning. Team me up with one of my sisters and we kick:censored: . We only usually play on Christmas. I never play battle ship, cuz I just can't win.
Everyone have lovely nite!!!
morningglory

Rusty*Rusty
10-23-2002, 08:52 AM
Wykyd - read your list out loud to BoxerBob and he was ROFL. He plays the same way. :) Makes up words and calls them Arabian coins and Venezualean shrubs! LOL

We used to play Canasta when we were first married and one time I went out with a concealed hand. He was so POed he threw his hand of cards and one stuck in the crack in the door! Last time we played that. LOL

At least the online Scrabble keeps you honest - it has a built in dictionary you can turn on. Won't let you play fake-o words.

He plays Pinochle on Yahoo Games every Wednesday night with his sibs - two in Maine and one in Atlanta. Keeps them close -they chat and play. Been doing this for years. Plays Scrabble with his MOmz in Florida, too. What a World Wide Wonder the Internet is.

Off to have lunch with my Dad today - we shop at a big produce market after lunch and I get my healthy foods for the week. Keeps me on my *diet*. I always blow it when I run out of good lo-cal hi-carb stuff! Dad started before me and lost twenty pounds and is still adding new lo-cal foods to his diet every time we shop.

Have a great Hump Day!

gigglez
10-23-2002, 09:28 AM
hey there all you sexy divas!!!!!!!! just was reading through all of your list and just wanted to add my 2 cents for what its worth.
foods
1 anything chocolate
2 chinese food
3 mexican food
4 jelly belly jellybeans
5 asian pears

games
1 scrabble(although i am not too good at it)
2 word finds
3 bejewled
4 superbpunce out

rusty you have given me hope i am looking at having a hysterectomy soon and really dread it but now i can be thankful that i just might even be able to walk around after being replumbed. thanks every so much
sandy

wykyd
10-23-2002, 04:30 PM
Arabian coins and Venezualean shrubs hmmmmm?
I like the sound of that! :s:
I can symapathise with your DH.
We obviously just have a more 'creative' playing style.
(Some may call it cheating , but they would be wrong....) ;)

morningglory
10-23-2002, 09:54 PM
Here's a list of bad eating habits that I have.
1.Eating because I am bored. Why do I do this? Why not just clean the refridgerator or mop the bathroom? Hmmmm....I wonder.:cbg:

2.Eating when sad, mad, happy, or any other time I am emotional.
:doh:

3.Eating because it is there. Whether it's finishing whats on my plate, even if I am full or finishing one of the kids left-over meals, it is wrong, wrong, wrong. It is probably left over from when my parents insisted that finishing my meal was important. I never tell my children to eat, just to clear their plate. (that way there is more left over for me.)

4.Robotic Eating. Putting food in my mouth, without even tasting it.

5.Having a dead refridgerator. Tends to make you go out for fast food.

Everyone have a lovely evening.
morningglory

gigglez
10-23-2002, 10:06 PM
moringglory like you i too eat out of bordem and emotional. one of these days i will ovettake those demons

good evening everyone
sandy

morningglory
10-23-2002, 11:23 PM
OMG,
You mean I can blame it on being possessed by the devil? :devil: Do you suppose I could get exorcised?(As opposed to exercise, to which I am opposed:s: ) Hmmmm, I will have to check into that. Thanks for the diagnosis gigglez!!:dizzy:
morningglory

Rusty*Rusty
10-24-2002, 08:44 AM
Hi MG, Hi Wykyd, Hi Ms. Chris!

Okay - I admit it - tho hardly anyone ever says this - I eat because FOOD TASTES GOOD. :) It makes me happy. The serotonin starts floating around in my bread and I get happy dance feet.

There. The censors may get me - but it's my TRUE STORY and I'm sticking to it. LOL

That's why I'm working so hard at finding good substitutes for the things I love. I got a couple good ff dressings and sugar free Smuckers preserves and a lo-fat salad dressing and yesterday I threw (horrors, I had to close my eyes to do it) a bottles of raspberry preserves, ranch dressing and mayo into the trash can.

"Sorry, BoxerBob I guess we ran out, honey. You'll have to try the new stuff in the fridge." <evil grin>

If it doesn't taste good tho - out it goes and I try to find something else. New thing yesterday - Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray. I have an all natural aerosol butter spray but the overspray is terrible - spray anything and I have to wash my glasses. LOL New thing last week - Eggbeaters - awesome. I don't like yolks anyway. Made a great omelette Sunday morning.

Hi Gigglez! You sound like you *found the right place*!

Off to work in a few, phhhht. Wanna play.

Rusty*Rusty
10-24-2002, 08:48 AM
"The serotonin starts floating around in my bread and I get happy dance feet."

HAHAHA! Typo! Meant Brain/Head! :) Bread? Well, I was eating toast at the time.

Going to be a weird day at work, I typeset for a living. I once typed FREE FRUIT in place of FREE FROM in a bank contract and even the lawyers didn't catch it til 6 months later. I knew nobody reads the fine print. It's still hanging at work where everyone can laugh at me. LOL

morningglory
10-24-2002, 09:07 AM
:lol: I love typos Rusty. Yesterday at work we were talking bout using white chocolate. I told my friend that I couldn't do it because you had to put it in a gift bag. I just went about my business, then noticed she was staring at me. I mentally rewound what i had meant to say and started laughing. I should have said frosting bag. Oh, well. I blame it on age.

I like to eat to. I love the taste of melted butter on toast. Or a warm chocolate chip cookie. I love to cook delicious dinners and have everyone ohhh and ahhh. Food tastes good. And it seems the better it tastes the worse it is for you.

I like your idea about trying a product and if you don't like it just trying again. It reminds me of something I like to tell my kids: If at first you don't succeed, try try again.

Have a lovely day all!!!!
morningglory

Rusty*Rusty
10-24-2002, 09:18 AM
MG, I figure I'm not spending as much money on junk/fast food - so I can spend a little to find the right salad dressing, whole grain bread, cereal, dairy products, butter replacements (an important part of food flavor - I did cook with tons of margarine/oil) and goodies. I'm not in this just for the next six months. I want to keep on using this stuff as part of my life so we need to LIKE it, not just tolerate it.

I'm so glad that we've come a long way in *lo-cal* products - there are quite a few choices at a good sized supermarket and most restaurants, and fruit and veggies have always been healthy!

You have a great day, too. Time to plan a lunch - Thursday is usually fried rice and teriyaki take-out day and that's a big FAT no-no. :) Thank goodness my buddies at work are all supportive - and don't wheedle and cajole to get me to eat my favorite *before* foods. It wouldn't take much if I were hungry and unprepared. Whew!

gigglez
10-24-2002, 12:07 PM
good god rusty i wish that it was bread that gave me happy feet but my one true weakness is chocolate. now that is the one thing that gives my feet boggie fever. what brand of ff dressing did you find that was good i was just wanting to know cuz i am ready to find one i would love to find one that taste better than cardboard. everyone have a great day and keep on loosing

wykyd
10-24-2002, 03:03 PM
Did someone mention warm chocolate chip cookies?
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Rusty*Rusty
10-24-2002, 06:34 PM
I tried the Ken's Steak House FF Italian and found that it was tangy, not too sweet, like most of the vinaigrettes. Another brand I found was a local Olde Cape Cod brand. May not be available anywhere but New England. Dunno.

The other thing I was doing was adding Gardenieri (pickled veggies) to my salad and using the juice on my salad. Tart, but nice, too and low in calories.

Oh, and Aphil suggested the Kraft Just 2 Good - 2g of fat.

http://pages.map.com/rclark/dieter.gif

morningglory
10-24-2002, 08:47 PM
Rusty,
What kind of butter substitute do you use? I love butter. Real butter. I tried the "light" butter. But, I don't really like it. I can live with it, but I wish it tasted like butter with no fat, lol.
morningglory

Rusty*Rusty
10-24-2002, 11:21 PM
So far, I've just tried the Promise ?Ultra and it's okay - but I've only put it onto a couple baked potatoes with some ff sour cream and chives - and on one piece of raisin toast and I didn't notice it being particularly weird or anything. I'll try it tomorrow morning and see how it is on plain toast. I'll check the calories and total fat, too, for you.

The I Can't Believe It's Not Butter pump on naked popcorn tasted fine - BUT the pump doesn't really spritz - it's more of a stream. Tended to all wind up on one kernel. Fine for baked potatoes or cooking, though. The all natural 0cal aerosol gives you nice fine spray for the popcorn. BoxerBob's been using it on HIS popcorn all week, and he's real picky about what he'll use.

Watched the movie Ghost World tonight. We like Steve Buscemi. He played a great "clueless dork" in this flick.

Catch you all tomorrow!

gigglez
10-24-2002, 11:51 PM
Thanks Rusty I'll keep those in mind. Moriningglory have your tried brumble and brown yougurt spead. they have lots of differents flavors(butter, strawberry, blueberry, and apple/cimm)although I am not too sure of the fat content. Thanks for the advice on the dressings there Rusty. Everyone have a great and blessed day.

morningglory
10-25-2002, 08:48 AM
u

morningglory
10-25-2002, 08:52 AM
UHhhhh, forget the u. lol. Hit the wrong button.
Rusty, Thanks for the advice. We use a cheddar cheese salt on our popcorn. Even my kids like it. They prefer it to microwave popcorn and to butter. It has 0 calories, and 0 fat.

Here are some movies that I forgot to add to my list:

Rocky Horror- Such a fun and uninhibited movie. Love playing along with it.

Major League- Ok, I know this is not a great movie. But it got me through a dark time in my life and helped me laugh.

Apollo 13- I loved that movie. Everytime I watch it I am on the edge of my seat wondering if they will make it.

Grease-Enough said

Rusty*Rusty
10-25-2002, 09:04 AM
I adore Tim Curry. He was wonderful in Legend also. We even got Hunt for Red October for Tim Curry - but Sean Connery was a close second. It's a shame that Tim looks better in a corset and fishnets than I do! :) He was also great in The Addams Family movie. What an enormous talent!

Let's do the Time Warp agaaaaaaaiiiiiiin!

MG - I had a piece of toast this morning with the Promise Ultra with 35cal and 4g of fat vs butter at 100cal and 11g of fat. The taste and *mouthfeel* were good - buttery texture - and it didn't make the bread soggy like some light spreads (some have too much water!)

I'll have to check out the sprinkle for the popcorn - do you find it in the spice section at the supermarket?

http://pages.map.com/rclark/checkout.gif

wykyd
10-25-2002, 09:25 PM
OMG....Steve Buscemi! I saw him in a great movie last week, 'Twenty Bucks'. It was one of those late night movies on t.v. that are buried in the wee small hours, and I was having one of those 'I'm- craving- chocolate- so- much- I- can't- sleep' nights. It was a really great scenario that followed a twenty dollar note from person to person. Buscemi was a small time crook, he was brilliant!

morningglory
10-25-2002, 11:26 PM
Rusty,
Some stores have it in the spice section, with the salt substitutes, and some have it in the popcorn section. Just depends. I will have to try the Ultra. I also want to try that yougart spread. Just cuz it sounds yummy. I love yougart. I also like lo-fat sour cream. I don't care for ff sour cream. Does anyone know if you can cook with lo-fat sour cream? What about lo-fat cream cheese? Can you cook with that?
morningglory

rochemist
10-26-2002, 05:03 AM

Tim Curry is awesome. Love RH! They put a good production on stage here in Omaha at the Millenium Theatre. Its really sexy. Last year we saw it on our anniversary, and went back to the hotel, WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO :o :lol:

I am not a huge butter fan myself on anything. I love cream cheese, sour cream, stuff like that in its place. My only exception to that and this is going to sound bizarre. My grandfather was a brick layer and my grandma use to make him butter and ham sandwiches, like 3 a day for work. Now my grandfather had something that I never will, HE NEVER DID ANYTHING IN EXCESS. He smoked exactly 19 cigarettes a day, ate till he was full, maintained the same body weight his hole life, never drank more than 1 beer. He was awesome. Anyway those butter and ham sandwiches after they sat in the sun all day(I am sure they had a nice biological reaction) were so good. They didn't taste the same fresh. Pretty gross huh:D

Favorite Painters:
1. Monet
2. Rene Magritte (sp?)
3. Patrick Nagel
4. Alex Ross
5. Salvador Dali

Favorite Comedians:
1. George Carlin
2. Lewis Black
3. Bill Cosby his old stuff is the best
4. Dennis Leary
5. Robin Williams (when he did comedy and not over acting!)

Well Have a great day Ladies!:D
Ms. Chris

morningglory
10-26-2002, 08:41 AM
I love ham sandwiches with butter on them. My dad used to make them on buns, with the ham he sliced himself. He would butter the bottom bun. Yummmmmy!! I didn't really like mayonaise, so I would put butter on anything that normally had mayo. The smell of it would make me gag. Then, one day, I realized that I like tuna salad (which has mayo) and BLT's (mayo, again) and got over my hatred of the stuff. I still can't stand the smell of it.

I don't really have any favorite painters, although I love Monet, and whoever did that awesome paint with the dogs playing poker (wahahahahahaha) and also anything done on velvet.

I love old SNL comedians. I don't really watch any now. Most of them are so vulgar it is embarrassing (showing my age, I know). I would have to say my favorite comedian is myself.

I want to add some items to my do before I die list:

1.Learn to quilt. Really want to learn how to do that.

2.Go to Mardi Gras.

Thats all for now.
morningglory

rochemist
10-26-2002, 09:21 AM
Hello:wave:

Richard Harris has passed away. It may sound silly but it was hard to tell my son. Quite attached to Dumbledore as the closest thing to a father that Harry Potter had. :cry: This guy had a huge body of work that span 5 decades. I am sure he will be well missed by his family and loved ones.

I know I show you gals what a true geek I am from my love of movies, books, painters, etc. Its okay I must feel pretty safe here:D So here is my list of favorite games.

1. Scrabble- Me and my husband have some of the best games, intellectually matched.
2. Trivial Pursuit-Everything but Sports :lol:
3. Yahtzee- we have made up rules for at least 4 different ways to play, 5 if you count strip
4. Axis & Allies- I never win, but when my beaches got stormed at Normandy the first time I played I fell in love and of course beat my head up against the wall for a half hour. Those darn Americans they just have too many resources;)
5. Poker-a night with the guys and a smokey room who couldn't love it. My faves follow the B*tch, anything after the queen and the queen is wild will change with each new queen laid and Federation day, the Federation (Star Trek) was founded in 2161 so 2's, aces, and 6's are wild.

Alone I like to play Spades and Spider Solitaire against the computer.
Have a good one!

hefty1
10-26-2002, 03:26 PM
My favorite bizzar foods:
1) peanut butter and hot dogs
2) peanutbutter and cheese sandwhichs

ms. chris how do you make ham and butter sandwhiches?
tracey are still around?
:) glen

rochemist
10-27-2002, 08:16 AM
Greetings!:wave:

Glen I don't know where Tracy is. It makes me a little worried about her as I we all know what a rough go she was having at it.

Your bizarre food combos are definetley bizarre.I have always enjoyed the salty/sweet combo. Like plain chips and chocolate cake. I like alot of pickled things too I think for the same reason. Pickled carrots in jalepano juice is the bomb.

Worst Movies
1. Showgirls
2. Navy Seals
3. Anything with Steven Segal (maybe Under Siege the 1st one was okay)
4. The Quest with Van Damme
5. The Craft
6. Friday the 13th all of them
7. Cyborg ( Another Van Damme I saw in the theatre, wanted to pierce my own brain)
8. Monkey Bone
9. Battlefield Earth
10. Star Trek V: the search for God or whatever it was awful which is really hard to say about Star Trek.

Well that should start some debate!
Ms. Chris:D

Rusty*Rusty
10-27-2002, 08:34 AM
You're getting ahead of me here LOL! I'm still coming up with my comics/comedians/humorists. Definitely the old SNL crew!

I miss the old days with The Blues Brothers, Steve Martin, Chevy Chase, Martin Short and Gilda Radner.

1. Old Bill Cosby - not the self-important one

2. Cheech and Chong "Dave? Dave's not here!"

3. Geroge Carlin

4. Tim Allen

5. Dave Barry

Artists?

1. Nick Bantock

2. John Waterhouse

3. Henri Rousseau

4. Egyptian Tomb Painters

5. J.J. Audubon

Ms. Chris - ROFL - I loved Monkeybone! After we watched it the first time - I watched it again the next night. So weirdly cool! Bendan is such a huggable, too!

I'll have to ponder our worst movies. We like a lot of strange stuff - so it's hard to choose.

I just hate sappy, three hanky tearjerkers strictly on principle. I watch movies to relax and get away from it all for a couple hours. Bumming myself out does not qualify. And I try never to get a movie with a long, lingering, depressing "Ya gotta shoot the dog, boy" kinda scenes. Waaah! I needed Prozac after I read Old Yeller as a kid. I even have to leave the room when I watch Bambi and the hunters head into the woods. Boo-hoo! I'm a wimp! LOL

TallTracy88
10-27-2002, 09:03 AM
Howdy !!

I had puter rpoblesm but ti missed this thread alot!!

i love what you guys post. It makes me think, laugh and wonder!!!

Ok America's Most Wanted Offenders of No NO Foods

Little Debbie..a woman who makes snack cakes that are one great and too cheap. Death Penalty..or put in a prison with people like me:lol:

Col Sanders- a man who made freind chciken so good that it is SERIOUSLY bad for you. Life at a chicken farm with the chickens as guards.

Wendy. For making fast food that has one choice that is good for you. A plain baked potatoe wiht chili. But who's serious offense is the her frosty. Life w/o milk

Mrs. Fields-expensive home baked choc. chip cookies. Nuff said

Ben and Jerry-ice cream in small pints that can be consumed by one but are made for 4. HUH???May the cows revlt!!

Criminals..now go out and find them.

morningglory
10-27-2002, 09:12 AM
Hi all!!
I thought buttered popcorn was something I could never live without. But, it makes my stomach hurt. Just too much grease, I guess. Oh well, I guess I am better off without it.

Ms. Chris, I can't believe you left out Unbreakable and UFH or whatever that movie was with Weird Al Yankovich(?). Oh, yeah, and Telephone with Whoppe Goldberg. Those are some really awful movies. So bad that I would never even encourage anyone to watch them just to see how awful they are. What a waste of time.

I can't think of anything weird that I eat. I am sure there is something. Everyone has something. One thing I used to eat that I don't know if I can anymore: Toasted bagel, heavy on the butter. Over-hard egg, fried in butter. 1/2 a piece of Amercan cheese. 3 pieces of crispy bacon. Put these all together and you have a portable heart attach. Sometimes I would eat two:ink:
Don would even put cream cheese on the bagel.

BTW, I was just kidding :D about the velvet painting and the dogs playing poker. Just my weird sense of humor.

Thanks to all who read my somewhat desperate journal entry and commeted. I was totally freaking out. I think I am better now.
morningglory

Rusty*Rusty
10-27-2002, 09:26 AM
http://pages.map.com/rclark/catscale.gif This is weird. I'm up two pounds - but I've stayed under 1200 for weeks now and worked out a little the last few days. The thing is - it *could* be TOM or the 2 weeks after thing going on - but I don't know! I was spayed in June BUT they left an ovary so I wouldn't need hormones for another few years. So I guess I still cycle - good excuse anyway.

Tracy - I'm with you - make them all wear *fat suits* like Gwyneth Paltrow in Shallow Hal. :)

TallTracy88
10-27-2002, 02:01 PM
Dear Rusty

I love the cat!! I want to just hug it!! I bet it is the dreaded TOM!! SO hug that kitty..those pounds will be gone in a few days!!

Tracy

Rusty*Rusty
10-27-2002, 02:29 PM
LOL - the TOMcat! Darn kitty - go away - shoo! And take these stupid two pounds with you. I didn't earn them.

Okay, I'm hanging in there, Tracy. Just had some grapes with my *diet buddy*. My pup, Princess Buttercup is the funniest thing. She sits beside me all day long and eats what I eat. I section an orange or a plum or apple and bada-bing - she gulps down her share - three for me - one for her. Salad - loves it - even pepperoncinis and marinated cauliflower.

http://www.care2.com/prettypets/view/482265195

wykyd
10-27-2002, 05:59 PM
Salt and vinegar potato chips and vanilla icecream. Yum!
Must try them with chocolate cake! ( in a few pounds or so though...)
Love that fat cat!

rochemist
10-27-2002, 10:20 PM
OH MY MG! Not Unbreakable. I like that movie. Maybe its because I am such a comic fan the idea just speaks to me. UHF was pretty awful, but so is Pee Wee's Big Adventure and somehow I can watch it without wanting to pierce my own spinal column. I hear Rusty on the boo hoo movies. I mean I don't "regret" watching My Life or What Dreams May Come, BUT I won't watch them again, and I kinda wish I had those tears back.

Rusty I LOVE your Dog's name. Princess Buttercup it's awesome. I live with Kermit the Frog, Joe the Toad, Snape the Goldfish, and Hamtaro the Hamster. I call Hamtaro Mouse cause it drives my son crazy lol.:p

You know what movie I did leave out! AI OMG any review that ends...........the little robot boy sat under the ocean for 1000 years and then the aliens came. What the HECK was Spielberg thinking?????????
:?:

Good List Tracey! Most wanted offenders of NO NO FOODS! You left off Sara Lee what an innocent sounding name and yet she endorses the pound cake, which makes you gain a pound by looking at it!:mad:

You GALS ARE AWESOME!
Ms. Chris:angel:

morningglory
10-27-2002, 11:30 PM
I like crying movies. I just don't want to watch them and cry in front of anyone. I like to cry alone.

I think I am a felon, according to Tracy. My job is to bake delicious and tempting treats to fatten up America:o !! And I feel no guilt! My cookies and cakes are fabulous, and I am very proud of the fact.

Still trying to come up with some weird food combination that I love. Does pretzels dipped in regular mustard count? That is really good. I don't like honey-mustard, so I don't like the pre-flavored pretzels. I bet they would be good with a really spicy mustard, too.:chef:

Have a nice weekend (what's left of it)
morningglory

morningglory
10-27-2002, 11:32 PM
PS,
I really love this thread. It makes me very happy. Thanks for being there girls!!

morningglory

rochemist
10-28-2002, 04:35 AM
OH BAD MG FATTENING UP AMERICA!:lol: I think we can forgive you as long as it tastes really really good, and you can send samples care of..............................................JK

Hello Beautiful Ladies:wave:

These are my favorite features(my own ego boost for the week as it were)
1. My legs-they are really long and thin no cankles for me :lol:
2. My breasts-round and fabulous
3. My Hair- naturally wavy I can wear it a million ways
4. My mind you can't see it but it shows;)
5. My eyes I think they are pretty

Things I am working on
1. My waist- I HATE BEING THICK WAISTED
2. Firming my chest up
3. Darn I wish I had a butt
4. My skin it goes back and forth from clear to broken out. I need to stay serious about my skin care regimen.
5. Overall fat loss sick of looking like a cabbage patch doll

So there are my 2 cents for the day! I got to wave at all the lurkers WE ARE OVER A 1000 hits! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO. Make us a cake MG! :lol:

Ms. Chris:hat: :dance:

rochemist
10-28-2002, 04:53 AM
This is me:wave: at 222 lbs and on my way down!

morningglory
10-28-2002, 08:55 AM
So you aren't a little monkey Ms. Chris? Funny how you get things stuck in your mind even when they are absurd.

Favorite Features:
1.My sense of humor. For the most part I can just laugh at life. This week has been the exception, but usually there is something to laugh at.

2.My hair. It is very long, down to my bottom, red and I love it

3.My butt. It seems to be the best proportioned part of me.

4.My work sense. I feel that it is very strong.

5.My eyes.

6.My mouth, have a very kissable mouth.

Things I hate:
1.My belly. I hate the roll of fat there. Enough said.

2.My thighs. They have always been thick. Hate them

3.My hands. Can't keep them soft enough

4.My temper. I tend to get mad when I should just breath.

Ms. Chris, you look good girl.
What is your favorite kind of cake. We bake carrot cakes(with cream cheese frosting), apple cake(with brown butter frosting), rum cakes(my personal favorite), champaign cakes, black forest cakes, chocolate pound cake with chocolate frosting. Ok, enough of that.

Have a lovely day girls.
morningglory

Rusty*Rusty
10-28-2002, 09:18 AM
Unbreakable? Sorry, your answer is incorrect. Next caller, please! LOL

I liked it, too, but not as the best or worst thing I've ever seen. I allow a bunch of movies brownie points even if they just have an interesting plot or good actors. Anything a little strange - is a good movie for BB and me. There just aren't enough good fantasy/sci-fi/out there movies available at Walmart for us to be too picky. I just hate schlock and pablum!

Battlefield Earth. Sorry, next caller, please!

:) I like John Travolta (that WAS him under the electonic dreadlocks, wasn't it?) And I like Forrest Whittaker from Good Mooooorning, Vietnam. (That was another half-good movie. Bob and I were both DJs when we met. First half good, second half way too sappy. Sorry, Mork! Next caller, please!)

Yes - Chris - I was going to post best features today, too.

BTW, Chrishttp://pages.map.com/rclark/gmta2.gif

What COLOR is your hair and what COLOR are your eyes? I'd kill for your cheekbones!

1. My red hair - thank goodness for something that looks pretty good no matter how chubby the rest of me gets!

2. Blue eyes - hidden behind tinted glasses but I'm too lazy for contacts these days! Best with oodles of black mascara - my one necessity. I was about three minutes into my hospital bed after my spaying and I was putting on my mascara. My husband and the nurse were cracking up! They said - Yep, she's fine!

3. Did I mention my hair? LOL Okay - legs that don't really get chubby - which means I look like a Teletubbie. (Dipsy!)

4. My brain. Bob's brain fell in love with my brain. The bodies followed soon after! :)

5. My four little one-stitch scars from my surgery. Small enough to ignore - pink enough to remember I made it thru one of the scariest things in my life so far!

6. My voice - whiskey-tenor and odd, perfect for radio - I never sounded like anyone else. My voice is deep like my Dad's and Momz. Cool.

Hateful things.

1. Thick waist. I will always have a thick waist. At ten years old and 75 pounds I had a thick waist. Sux. We had a cop living next door to us when I was thirteen and impressionable. He was a body builder and now trains the state police. I must have weighed a hundred pounds and he says to my mother, "She'll never have a good body. She's thick-waisted." Well, phhhht. Darn guy was right, tho.

2. 44 years old and my face still breaks out. Let's not even mention those little hard hairs on my chinny-chin-chin.

3. Cellulite City. I have ripples on my ripples.

4. Double chin - "More chins than a Chinese phone book!"

5. My tendency to ramble on. LOL Sorry!

Sooooo - What age and what weight wouldja be - IF you could just snap your little fingers and be there NOW?

morningglory
10-28-2002, 12:03 PM
One thing I forgot to say bout worst movies. Although I consider going to the dentist a better way to spend time as opposed to watching UHF, it did have an excellent line in it. "Badgers? We don't need no stinking badgers!!" Normally a line like that would make a movie worth watching, but this was just too awful.

ttfn, morningglory

wykyd
10-28-2002, 05:16 PM
Best features::)

Hair- thick, dark chocolate brown and wavy.
Eyes- dark chocolate brown and long long long black lashes.
Hands- small and dainty (kind of out of place on this big body).
Lips- have a really nice natural 'bow' shape.
Skin- naturally olive (thanks Dad!), so I can avoid the sun without looking pasty.

Worst features::(

Triple chin syndrome.
A huge butt- immediately spoils the look of anything I put on.
Height- 5'4' -just nowhere for that extra weight to hide.
Nails- stopped chewing 'em but still can't grow 'em.
Breasts- big, busty and impressively cleaved, and would you please talk to my face??????? Hey , I'm up here.......

morningglory
10-28-2002, 07:20 PM
Lol Wykyd!! I say I am glad I never had anyone talking to my breasts, but honestly, I would love to have great big whopping ones. Not forever. Just to see the reactions.
morningglory

Rusty*Rusty
10-28-2002, 07:58 PM
Before you wish for something like that - you should jog a mile in someone else's sport bra! LOL

This thread is so funny, youse guys!

Okay, I'd like to be 24 and 130 again - and this time thru I wouldn't let my weight creep up on me from *behind*. :)

rochemist
10-28-2002, 11:03 PM
Things I like to do when men stare at my chest.

1. Intimidate them with my intellect, so ,"What did you think about the new deuterium infused Bucky balls?"
2. Ask them for money
3. Stare at thier crotch,"Why isn't there anything to see?"
4. Ask them what colour my eyes are.
5. Tell em to take a picture it lasts longer.

:lol: And if none of that works I stick a foot in thier :censored: and they forget all about staring at the grand tetons.:lol:

Have a good one! By the way I have gray eyes and blond hair. Also you neve have to worry about which cake I like, somehow I can just eat them all:smug:

Ms. Chris :dizzy:

morningglory
10-29-2002, 08:56 AM
I have thought of a great way to lose weight. Only buy foods that you hate!!! :dizzy:

Here is a list of foods that I hate:no:

1.Liver, or any other internal organ. Yuck!!

2.Beans. Except for green beans I hate all beans. I love to smell bean soup, but no tasting.

3.Mushrooms. It's fungus for goodness sake.

4.Bugs. That includes escargo, chocolate covered crickets, tequilla suckers with the worm in it and any fly that might die on my dinner.

5.Raw Meat. Oysters, sushi, anything raw that should be cooked.
If my pantry and fridge were stocked with these items I would never eat. However, I would probably go out for burgers, so this might not be such a great idea.

morningglory

Rusty*Rusty
10-29-2002, 10:02 AM
MG, I do shop that way for BoxerBob's snax :

I don't like caramel anything - so that's safe when I prowl for munchies. Tootsie Rolls and Malted Milk Balls are okay, too. Yuk.

(I don't allow Reese's Peanut Butter Cups in the house. No way. No control! Like Martin Short says: I'm POSSESSED!)

Little Debbie is safe - I prefer Funny Bones and Hostess Fruit Pies.

Cheez-Its are safe - I like Cheese Nips.

Lays Potato Chips are safe - I like Sea Salt n Vinegar chips and Doritos.

Oreos are safe, too - cookies really aren't my thing. If I do eat cookies it's (hi-cal!) Fig Newtons. Mmm. Two per serving - hahahahaha! Who thinks these serving sizes up?

http://pages.map.com/rclark/froglaff.gif

When I make dinner and want to have a salad - I make him Tuna Noodle Casserole or Mac and Cheese. Ugh. Even the smell of tuna gags me. No temptation there!

I'm not big on fish (except shrimp, swordfish and fish sticks).

Mooshy squashes don't do it for me, either, but I love summer squash and zooks. Sweet potato/turnip - same as mooshy squashes. :)

I guess beyond those few things - I think I can eat most anything. My palate is much more broadminded than when I was a kid. (So is my waistline!)

wykyd
10-29-2002, 05:41 PM
Rochemist , love the chest-stare responses!(Will try the Bucky ball one on the office jerk a.s.a.p.)

Foods that could sit safely in my cupboard if I hadn't eaten all week:

:fr:

Liquorice- bleeeeeeeeccch!
Sardines- smell and taste like catfood.
Lima Beans- at least my mother can't make me eat them anymore.
Artificial cream- that spray in a can stuff. It's as close to real cream as Anna Nicole Smith is to a grieving widow.
Oysters- Erotic? Nope, more like swallowing a ball of phlegm.

Rusty*Rusty
10-29-2002, 05:54 PM
I can't imagine swallowing an oyster. At a seafood restaurant recently with my Dad, we walked by a table just as a woman was trying her first slurpy raw oyster in a shell. I paused and couldn't help but curl my lip into an Elvis snarl and do a little gag reflex thing.

She just sat there holding this disgusting booger thing in her mouth and looking back. My Dad grabbed my arm and dragged me away just in time to save me from muttering, "YECH" like a three-year-old.

I couldn't help myself. I was spellbound by the looks of the platter full of bait in front of her and her boyfriend.

Pearls? Da! Oysters? No!

morningglory
10-30-2002, 08:33 AM
I am so with you guys on the oyster thing. Yuck, yuck and double yuck.
I also don't like liqourice, either.
morningglory

Rusty*Rusty
10-30-2002, 09:09 AM
So? Any oyster lovers out there? LOL Come to defend the honor of our whipping boy?

Black licorice - Yuk! Red is edible but way down the list.

You guys look at the tabloids? I admit - I got hooked on these trashy things back in 1982 and one day a week I sit down and totally veg out with all the dirt! I love those pix with celebs without makeup and cellulite! Yes - it ain't just for civilians anymore!

Anyway - the THINNIES all seem to walk around with a bottle of water and Twizzlers. Do they know something we don't know?

Off to hang out with my Dad today! We'll try the Indian place. Verrrry interesting trying to work our way around this exotic buffet. Luckily there are lots of veggies and low-fat choices.

http://pages.map.com/rclark/halldogs.jpg

Happy Halloween!

Rusty*Rusty
10-30-2002, 09:15 AM
BTW - what's the ratio of lurkers to posters in here - 300:1? :)

gigglez
10-30-2002, 12:06 PM
Hello there everyone. How is everybody doing today? Rusty where in the world od you find those great images on your post, I love each and every one of them. :lol: Some of them gives me a happy boost for the day. Just was wondering how is everyone coping with Halloween and all those goodies that our pourch monkeys are goin to be bringing into the house. I have seriously thought about hiding some of them from my son(and of course my self is what I should I said) and keeping them to give out next year. But knowing how the cravings go i would probally hunt out those stale goodies and gourge myself on them. Hey that's a great idea everyone was talking about only eating the stuff we hate to loose weight, so if we end up eating stale God awful chocolate maybe we will not want it any longer. Anyway here's to a great and blessed day to everyone. Maybe I wont be as sick this week and will be able to keep up better.

hugs:grouphug:
sandy

wykyd
10-30-2002, 05:46 PM
Love the Halloween dogs, Rusty! I have a golden retriever, and a white sheet....hmmmmmm.

Rusty*Rusty
10-30-2002, 06:03 PM
I got the dogs and the frogs from forwarded emails. After all these years on the web I get lots of stuff coming my way!

http://pages.map.com/rclark/heavymouse.gif

I also *haunt* (good Halloween word LOL) animated gif sites looking for goodies. It's an obsession. Low-cal, too! :)

Rusty*Rusty
10-30-2002, 06:07 PM
MG - do people ask you all the time, "Where did you get your red hair?"

Um, my mother was a pink flamingo!

Where do you want to go today? (http://wind-band.org/another_404.html)

Rusty*Rusty
10-30-2002, 06:16 PM
Ya know - I'm still picturing our resident chemist as a Capuchin Monkey with Harry Potter glasses. LOL

http://pages.map.com/rclark/lilrus.jpg

...And I wanna see Morning Glory's red hair!

rochemist
10-30-2002, 10:14 PM
Hello Beautiful Ladies:wave:

I want to thank you'll for being so awesome and making me laugh my butt off (OMG IT"S ALREADY GONE!:lol: )

Rusty I love your hair! How many times have I dyed my hair red? I love it, about 10! So lets see MG's hair!

Okay MG I like to eat everything on your hate list except BUGS! Which is pretty weird for a monkey!;) Give me your sushi and your oysters, which are awesome by the way with lots o hot sauce, I will save you all. I of couse have a mild reaction to shell fish so I often get a bit buzzed from eating it:dizzy:

Okay I like trash tabloids and Women's Mags. This is my big confession, but I mean Chemical and Engineering News can be so dull sometimes. And most people would rather dish on Angelina Jolie than some chemical reaction. So let me tell you'll about my secret pleasure!

1. The Star- It tends to be pretty accurate except for Oprah who I think hires a fat body double to walk around Chicago to screw them up.
2. The Enquirer-I hate to love them. They are totally awful and inappropriate, they bother stars at way too personal moments. And I loathe myself everytime I buy one!
3. Glamour-how stupid do they really believe women are. ANY WOMEN WHO TAKE THIS AS REAL ADVICE, these people are morons, and Men Should worry about pleasing us! When I read this I can feel my IQ dropping:lol:
4. Cosmo-SEE GLAMOUR!
5. And the list goes on!

So there are my 2 cents!

morningglory
10-30-2002, 11:15 PM
I can't put up a picture right now. My hair is not as bright as Rusty's. Do you also eat internal organs Ms. Chris?:?: My hair is down to my butt. I really don't know why I let it grow so long. Ok, well, see you all in the morning.
morningglory

Rusty*Rusty
10-31-2002, 11:18 AM
Happy Halloween! Seems like my hair really set fire in that picture, MG. It's funny - does yours photograph differently from day to day? Sometimes mine is a dark auburn. Hard to believe from that picture, tho!

http://pages.map.com/rclark/lilrus2.jpg

This was taken at the beach - 9/11/01 - our 19th anniversary. We didn't hear about the terrorism until the next morning when we got the paper.

Hi Lil Minkey Chemist. Funny, I have a biology degree and when I mention my tabloid trash addiction, people gasp. It's my dirty little secret! :)

I get the Globe, too. At least the three we've mentioned don't have Batboy and Nostrodamus on the cover every other week. Or Bill Clinton shaking hands with an alien. The WWN is just too stoopid, even for me!

http://pages.map.com/rclark/mummydog.gif

PS Long hair is sexy - ask any man. They don't care if it takes three hours to wash and dry - it's a fantasy thing. I lopped almost all of mine off three years ago so I could get rid of a bunch of uneven layers and feathered bangs and I just finally got it where I want it for a while. Last hurrah before my fifties when maybe I'll get practical and keep it short.

morningglory
10-31-2002, 10:11 PM
You know, I have always had long hair, of varying lengths. My youngest son really has a hair fetish. One day I got tired of it, all I ever did was tie it back so I got it hacked off to about half-way down my neck. A very drastic change. I went in to work and nobody reconized me. The manager even asked if he could help me. Don recognized me, but even he had to do a double take. I went home to show my kids and Brandon (my youngest) burst into tears. He begged me to have it put back on. He was probably about 4 at the time. He really was traumatized by it. When my daughter got sick with cancer we knew she would lose her hair. We warned him. Unfortunately, it mostly all fell out at the hospital, and what didn't we buzzed. When we came home I took Brandon aside and told him he musn't act upset when he saw her. And God love him, he tried. He walked into the room, took a look at his beautiful, bald sister and burst into tears. He ran from the room. I looked at Mandy to see if she was upset, but she said to go after him. I held him and comforted him the best I could. He eventually got used to it, but he was very happy to see hair finally grow back. So was I. I haven't cut my hair since.
morningglory

rochemist
10-31-2002, 10:59 PM

My hair is naturally blond, but I am pretty daring. I have had it at all lengths and colours. Right now it is shoulder length, ash blond. But I have to confess to the worst I ever did was dye it pink. The pink stuff was in to the cuticle and I had to get a virgin bleach (BURNED MY SCALP) and most of it hacked. In a way I prefer it shorter, it looks really pretty down, but down most the time isn't practical. But men have this hair fantasy!

Ms. Chris

morningglory
11-01-2002, 08:49 AM
I have never really dyed my hair another color. Occasionally I have had highlights put in. But, one time for Halloween I was the bride of Frankenstien. I put my hair up and used that spray on color to do it black with the white streak. It took like 3 or 4 cans. It was awesome looking. However, I had to wash my 4 times before it stopped running black. Even then I kept coming up with black patches.
BTW, I have lost 5lbs. since I last weighed myself(about 2 weeks ago)
morningglory

Rusty*Rusty
11-01-2002, 09:18 AM
MG - bet you were happy to see that on the scale!

I'm still up here on my lonesome plateau *weighting* for a down elevator. LOL

http://pages.map.com/rclark/holeground.gif

"Beautiful young chemist seeks cuddly teddy bear for good times. Let's eat fruits and berries, and hibernate all winter."

rochemist
11-02-2002, 01:49 AM
:wave: I love to wave at ya'll

Rusty, you know fruits and berries aren't on my diet:lol:

I think we need a standing ovation for MG and her weightloss :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: : :bravo:

My Favorite TV Shows of All Time
1. Deep Space 9
2. Star Trek Next Generation
3. Xena Warrior Princess
4. Outer Limits
5. Twilight Zone
6. X-Files
7. Star Trek
8. Fawlty Towers
9. Good Neighbors
10. Monty Python

Honorable mention Seinfeld and Are you Being Served?

Waiting to see/or too soon cancelled
1. Dark Angel
2. Birds of Prey
3. Something Chance that was on Fox for awhile. I really liked it. It was a guy that had luck all the time.
4. Smallville
5. Enterprise- good acting, slow pace!

Miss Chris

hefty1
11-02-2002, 10:48 AM
happy saturday everyone. fruit isn't in my either but should be.
mg. way to go loser. i think i found them :lol:
it's time i got on the :strong: circit. :)
glen

TallTracy88
11-02-2002, 12:04 PM
LADIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HAppy i am glad it is not HAlloween anymore!! More puter problems!!

Ro YOU ae beautiful!! Not only on the outside but your brain is amazing!! Thank you for sharing your picture!!

Morning!! I love ya girl!!lol..besided your baked good are not on my buy one get one free aisle..lol..so I love ya too g/f!!!lol

Ro my hubby's fav brit shows are on your list..lol engineers unite..lol..i wish you were my neighbor!!

Rusty!! I love that picture..lol and i love your saying at the borrom of your post..lol..Another wonderful mind!!lol You too have a great picture and a fabulous mind!!And i love all shades of hair..lol..

Helftyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy my buddyyyyyyyyyyyyy.who luvs ya??

Only pic of me that i have is this Hallowens kabuki looking witch..Seriously white skin..lol as my kids said..woah Momma you sure look scary. Nuff said my children..lol

Love ya all!!

Tracy

hefty1
11-02-2002, 12:26 PM
:wave: tracy glad to see you're alive and well. hope everyone is going :cb: on the right food and :strong:
ttfn :)

morningglory
11-02-2002, 10:30 PM
Good to see you back Tracy.
Don't mind me too much if I don't post as regularly. I have been trying to get sick and my body is worn out fighting it. I feel like sleeping for a year (yet another great way to lose weight). So, I may be a lurker til I get to feeling well. Be strong all. Love ya!!
morningglory

wykyd
11-03-2002, 02:26 AM
Happy Saturday all!

A list of your favourite tv shows and a discussion about hair colour. What more could a girl want?I love this thread! I have dyed my hair a variety of colours over the years, some definitely better than others. I even double bleached and went blonde, a huge misake for a deep brown-eyed, olive skinned person (think Versace's sister).
Rochemist, I have the honour of living with a Trekkie, although I'm not one myself. He told me once that he fell in love with me because I can do the seperated finger 'live long and prosper' thing. Sad man.

Okay- favourite tv shows of all time.

Fawlty Towers
Monty Python
EastEnders
Frasier
Six Feet Under

Worst tv shows

Coronation Street
Temptation Island
The Waltons

gigglez
11-03-2002, 03:03 AM
Hello all Divas..:wave: Mg :bravo: on the weight loss, and sorry to hear that you are feelin under the weather. Can't resist the tv show thing so heres my 2 cents

1. Days(ok others problems are much better than mine)
2. Friday the 13th the series
3. Sliders
4. Er
5. Any day now(wish that it was still on. dang those producers)
6. In livin color:lol: :lol: :lol: :joker:
7. Married with children(got to admire al bundy)

You know the hair thing that someone said about all men loving it and thinking it was sexy was oh so true. The idiot repairman(hubby) has been beggin me to let mine grow. Don't men realize how hard it is to take care of. Everyone have a wonderfully blessed day.

sandy

Rusty*Rusty
11-03-2002, 09:26 AM
Hmm - I don't watch TV - too stuck on books and webcams - which I often do simultaneously.

Trek fans - you MUST have seen Galaxy Quest! Man, we watch that and Mystery Men about every three months. Have them both about memorized! Two great ensemble casts!

I LOVE Alan Rickman! He is sooooo sharp:

"Cancel Christmas!"

Morning Glory - rest and drink aromatic tea and come on back to us when you feel better. {{Hugs}}

hefty1
11-03-2002, 10:24 AM
hope you feel better soon morning glory
tv shows
grand old opry,reba, 8 rules for dating and fraser ttfn :)

glen

Rusty*Rusty
11-03-2002, 11:27 AM
Do you silly people have any other favorite threads where you hang out?

Happy Sunday morning! Just made an awesome breakfast - so low cal that I can hardly believe it. LOL

I've become this devoted fan of Eggbeaters. They aren't some weird fake thing - they're just eggwhites in an easy pour little milk carton. They make great egg sandwiches, scrambled eggs and omelettes.

I just threw some scallions, a small red papper and a half a can of mushrooms into the frying pan with a squirt of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray. Browned them up a little bit, rock n rolled the Eggbeaters til they were all shook up and dumped them in - 4 eggs worth - and turned them a few times. One more spritz of the spray and served it (to ME!) with two slices of wheat bread and some medium hot salsa.

Mmmmm. the 4 Eggbeaters = 120 calories, toast = 160/2 slices, the salsa and veggies - negligible calorie content. Maybe ?50.

Made BoxerBob a couple sandwiches on small Kaiser rolls, browned, one Eggbeater each, one slice of lean ham each (30 calories ea) and a half of a slice of American cheese (70/slice) each.

I used to make them dripping in margarine and cheese and whole eggs and they were 1800+ calories just for his breakfast. So, he can still have his eggs and eat them, too!

He lost six pounds this week - his first week eating what I eat mostly. Lucky dog!

wykyd
11-03-2002, 04:54 PM
I knew I forgot one- one of my favourite comedy shows of all time, 'Family Guy'. How could they cancel it???? Loved that evil baby!

morningglory
11-03-2002, 08:48 PM
Hi all!! I sure rested today. I rested while I cleaned and cooked. At least I don't feel as crappy as I did yesterday. I actually sat down for a few moments yesterday, just to rest before I started supper, and fell asleep. I was worn out. Thank you all for your words of support and sympathy.
I go to a few other threads Rusty, but none capture my attention as much as this one.

Favorite TV shows.
1.Good Eats
2.Iron Chef
I don't really have any other. I love the food network.

Top 4 Reasons Why Men Suck:
1.They are lazy pigs
2.They smell funny
3.All they think about is you know what
4.They are lazy pigs (yes, I know I already said it, but it's worth saying again)
morningglory

morningglory
11-03-2002, 08:50 PM
PS.
Rusty congratulate BoxerBob for me!! Awesome job, even if he is a man.
MG

Rusty*Rusty
11-04-2002, 09:11 AM
You can tell that I haven't watched TV for a while - the shows on my favorite list are:

The Addams Family - Gomez and Morticia were so sexy!

The Muppets

David Attenborough programs

James Burke programs

Ken Burns programs - most

BoxerBob is surprising the heck out of me - he is sticking like glue to the foods I recommend and serve. Last night I made a half-pound of angel hair and a very chunky vegetable spaghetti sauce with a 1/3 lb of ground sirloin. We always had a pound of burger and a pound of angel hair - but he didn't make a peep - just savored every bite and didn't GROAN when he finished, about being stuffed and uncomfortable!

**I always put in six hot sausages (that I get on sale and then give them to the dogs before I serve.) LOL We don't like sausage but we love the flavor it gives the sauce. Adds a little oil to the sauce, too, so I can skip added fats.**

Still have half the sauce left for another night! I think I'm learning to practice portion control!

I'm down 2 lbs from Saturday! Hope it stays - I seem to see-saw.

I've been making a snack jar up for Bob, too - he always munched junk food during movies. It's a handful of frosted mini-wheats, broken graham crackers, raisins and Kashi Cinna-Raisin Crunch. It's great!

morningglory
11-04-2002, 09:21 AM
Way to go Rusty!!!:bravo: I think you are right. Ultimately, it is about portion control. I truely believe that if we can get that down, the rest is... well, not easy, but less difficult.:?:
Your dinner sounds yummy!!:chef: Tonight I am making Don's birthday :hat: dinner. It's not his birthday today, but I hate trying to cook a complicated meal after work. I always feel like I am running behind. I am making him chili, chicken, and cheese enchiladas. He loves those. But I will only eat one, because I am strong, and of course, I am an angel. LOL!!!!
Have a great morning!!!!
morningglory

TallTracy88
11-04-2002, 09:30 AM
Morning!!

I think this thread should be a tv show!! Your minds are blowing me away!! WHoheeeeeeeeeeee!!

My hubby loves Married with children. It is the bane of my existence. How can such an educated calssic loving man love that show.

But..i have turned into the Peg of that show,

I swear on Holidays and my birthdays AL..consents to his duty,

Now what was that about life imitating art??hmmm:o

Ps morning I hope you are feeling better!! And Glenn I have resisted the candy!

dollar
11-04-2002, 09:51 AM
Good Mornign folks,
Im new to this thread but thought i would give it a try, I have spent sometime reading your entries and I liked what I read.
I too have red hair but mine is very short. I use to have it long because when I met my hubby he wanted me to grow it so silly me I did. Well mine is so thick I got headaches and a sore neck from the weight of it so off in came and I have never looked back. I love to be able to wash it and have it be dry in 1/2 instead of 6 hours like it use to take. I have only coloured it a couple of times and that was just to try covering the bits of grey that are coming in but I never liked what i got.
Well I will post here more often if that is ok with the rest of you.

morningglory
11-04-2002, 10:46 AM
Tracy, I am feeling much better thank you. Sorry to hear bout your hubby, lol. Mine would ravish me two or three times a day, if the kids weren't around. Ah, poor me.
Dollar, you are of course more than welcome here. The more the merrier, I always say. Of course, you can't apply that philosophy to everything, but in this case it's ok.
morningglory

rochemist
11-04-2002, 01:02 PM
Hello Ladies and Glen!:wave:

Okay I think you ladies know I am a little list obsessive. It gives me a point of reference, something to check off, and a way to organize my thoughts. Well I was going to put this all in my journal but I thought you gals would understand my list thing more. So anyway..............Last night when I left for work not only was I miserable Tod(my SO) and I were screaming. It went on when I got to work:mad: So we are on the phone and he says,"I CAN'T DO ANYTHING TO MAKE YOU HAPPY". So I hung up and I started writing. My first list was............

WHY MY HUSBAND IS A MORON

:D I won't burden you'll with that list.

My secon list was.............

HOW MY HUSBAND CAN MAKE ME HAPPY
1. Talk to me! Tell me everything that is going on with you and don't hold back. I worry about you, and need to know you are okay.
2.QUIT MOLESTING ME! Grope boy has to end, I am ready to be made love to;)
3.Help me and yourself keep our budget in check
4.FOLLOW THROUGH!If you tell me you are going to do something, DO IT.
5. Kiss me when I come home.

(WE always have at least 1 fight when I am on nights, nights for 4 months does that mean I get 4:?: )

MY LISTS WORKED. It organized my thoughts, he listend!!!!!!!!!!!I came home this morning and my house was immaculate, there was fresh coffee in the pot, and a note that said I love you:love:

So here is another list from Chris!

5 Things I want to Learn to Do in My Life
1. Tear down and rebuild an engine
2. Paint
3. Interior decorate
4. Sky Dive
5. Bake bread

YOU ALL ARE AWESOME QUEENS!:queen:
Miss Chris:cool:

morningglory
11-04-2002, 04:18 PM
I hadn't noticed that you are list-freak, Ms. Chris;)
I think the men have lost their ever-loving minds. They need some serious therapy. Maybe I should try to make a list of things Don could do to make me happy. That would have to be private, of course;)
Ok, here's what I would do if I won the lottery. What I would do for myself, because, of course I would share with my family and do stuff for the kids, not Don though. Well, maybe I would do something for Don, but he would have to be very very good.

1. I would buy, or rent, or whatever you do, a maid. Tall, handsome, tan muscular with a tight lil' rear end. I would have him bend over a lot and give me a lot of body rubs. I would also get a couple of old, ugly female maids to do the housework

2.Travel. Everywhere. See the US, and the world.

3.Duh, quit work.

4.Learn to do the things I really want to know how to do.

5.Go to the ocean anytime I want.

6.Get this body in shape, hire someone to kick Toby Keith's wifes butt and marry him. Just kidding, I think.

7. Go to cooking school.

8. Go shopping for just anything I want. Just buy, buy, buy.

Hehehehehe back to reality
morningglory

wykyd
11-04-2002, 04:47 PM
Top 5 things my SO does to p*ss me off....

:mad: Listens to the first three words I say and then thinks he knows what I'm talking about.

:( Procrastinates. (Yeah, I promise I'll book those show tickets/fix that blender/water those plants today. tomorrow, next Monday, hey whadda you know...they sold out/warranty expired/died!)

:?:Comes home and asks me what I did to 'fill in the day' (I largely work from home) like I ate bonbons and watched Oprah for 9 hours.

:s:Tries to take over if I do any 'handyperson' stuff. Though I've found the best way to get him to do things around the house is to pick up a sledgehammer and start swinging.

:o Lets just say no woman should ever have to share a bathroom with a man. It should be in the U.N human rights bill. Now.

Having said all that, he is an aboslute honey most of the time, he just needs a bit more training.

morningglory
11-04-2002, 04:56 PM
Men, you can't shoot em', God love em. Huh? Doesn't is suck sometimes wykyd?

dollar
11-04-2002, 08:38 PM
I guess im going to be the odd man (woman) out here. My hubby is great he works a 12am-8pm shift if he isn't doing overtime he cleans the house and washes the dishes for me when Im at work and since I work everyother weekend he makes sure that by the time I get home the house is tidy and that my daughters have been doing some laundry. Sure there are a couple of little things that get under my skin sometimes but I couldn't ask for a better husband. He always takes care of me when Im not feeling well or perhaps just a little overwhelmed by life. We are a family of six ranging in the ages of a 21/2 year old grandson, his 19 soon to be 20 mother who attends college everyday about an hour away, a 16 yr old daughter who goes to high school 45 min away and an 11 yr old son. This past weekend my girls had their boyfriends staying for the weekend so that made 8 of us and 1 bathroom. I guess my hubby noticed by the tone of my voice Fri afternoon that things were starting to get to me so he took me out for dinner on Sat and we had a great evening. No matter where he is or I am he calls me everyday even though I will see him that night when he gets home and he has been doing that for nearly 22 years now. Sorry I guess Im rambling a little but he really is great and I guess I sometimes forget that.

If I won a million dollars
1. I would design a new house one that has bathrooms in every bedroom and a few extra ones

2. Take a trip around the world

3. Hire a maid to clean my new house and a cook that would cook the meals I should be eating so i wouldn't have to plan so hard to stay on track with my new lifestyle of eating

4. Hire a gardener to take care of the outside of my house

5. Quit my job that is a hard one because I really like my job, yeah i know Im strange

6. I would buy or build a cottage at the beach I love going to the beach

7. Shopping, shopping and much more shopping

wykyd
11-04-2002, 09:05 PM
You're quite right, Dollar, I wouldn't be without my fella either, and I too sometimes take the good bits for granted. So, in the spirit of glass half full-ness:

Top five things my SO does that make me love him all over again.

Tells me I look pretty, just when I'm thinking this is the worst bad hair day I've ever had.

Pulls out seats and opens car doors for me, even after five years together. I don't care what the feminists say. I like that.

Brings me flowers for no reason at all or unexpected reasons, like when I ironed all his white business shirts.

Clucks like a chicken at the dog, sings badly in Italian while he cooks pasta, gets excited at Christmas and birthdays, Halloween and Valentines day.

Has the most wonderful hugs when I feel like the rest of the world is caving in on me.

I love that man.

morningglory
11-04-2002, 10:17 PM
Fine, Fine ladies, ruin the fine spirit of crankiness that we have going on.
:p

Top 5 things I love about my man:
1. He thinks I am the sexiest woman on the planet. :love: I don't really understand that, but that's how he feels.

2.He lets me run things, for the most part. He obviously recongnizes my superior intellect and bows to my better judgement.:smug:

3. Ummm, he is pretty good at his husbandly duties;) , if you know what I mean.

4.His hugs are pretty awesome.

5. He still makes me feel tingly all over.

Love you all. Be strong!!
morningglory

rochemist
11-04-2002, 11:37 PM

Mu husband is wonderful for baiscally the same reasons as MG. And my husband and son do help around the house they just aren't as good at it or as sanitary as I am. It just starts to grate on me sometimes. Okay if I won the lottery (sometimes I don't like this game cause I start figuring the taxes in my head). I probably would not quit my job intitally because I would just miss the corn plant too darn much.

1. I would pay off all my debt
2. Buy a 2400-3000 sq. ft house with a big bathroom
3. Buy 2 new cars. For myseld a Toyota Celica 6-speed. For hubby A Toyota Camry LE V6 Automatic.
4. Buy new furniture.
5. Give my folks $10,000. Give my in-laws $50,000. For helping us in our lives.
6. Get liposuction. LOL Not sure about this one but it sounds good.
7. Buy a nice integrated entertaiment system and new top of the line computer.
8. Donate money to breast cancer research, BSA, and the ACS.
9. Travel. I would definitely go to Japan and visit my BF from college. Then I would go to Egypt, China, Thailand, and end up in Germany for an extended stay.
10. Spend $600 at a day spa just to see what it is like.

And I am sure more things. I would have to keep my job cause I could see myself getting bored in about 3-4 years.

Miss Chris

gigglez
11-05-2002, 12:47 AM
Hello there ladies. First of all mg you got it right about not being able to shot the men just love them. Let me say this on this thread miss a day and miss alot(sounds like an ad for a soap opera doesn't it) Rusty tell boxer bob way to go. You know if I was to try to feed mr fixit like I eat he would break down and die. Somedays all I eat for dinner is a salad(love them could almost live on them if it wasnt for those :devil: foods out there) and if i threw that at mr fixit he would look up and say what no meat? But my son could cope with it as long as there was peppercorn ranch dressing. You know ladies I envy you all as I read the post I was in awe of each and everyone of you. Now question how do you get your men to do so much. MIne is like what or how does this directly affect my life here and now? Is it goin to make my life better? Sometimes I think that I found him under a rock. One of the good things that he has goin for him is that he loves my son. Now if i could only get him to do things around the house and maybe even in the bedroom(wishful thinking).

here's a blessed day to everyone
sandy
p.s. if I won the lottery I would quit work and then proceed to make a lot of people happy

TallTracy88
11-05-2002, 01:24 PM
Hello Hello Hello!!

The only thing i would like from my hubby is more lust for my form!!!

And if i won the lottery I would give my sister a bunch as her hubby lost his job in June and still has no work..and they are facing losing their home.

Then I would pay off mine and start a daycare/school for parents who are in need of a good place to put their kids, but still can afford it. One with art, culture and lots of exercise so that everyone could have the same schooling benefits as the rich do.

Tracy

wykyd
11-05-2002, 05:04 PM
I've always thought if I won a mega-lottery, apart from buying my dream farm and paying off my sisters mortgage, I'd like to be able to do something that would really make a practical difference in the world.You know the sort of stories you read in the paper about people who've been cheated out of all their money or had a terrible accident or loss, or can't get the medical treatment they need and you always think to yourself 'Someone should do something to help them.' Wouldn't it be cool to be able to just send them an anonymous cheque and know that you were able to leave the world a bit better than you found it.

TallTracy88
11-05-2002, 06:58 PM
well said wykyd...well said

rochemist
11-05-2002, 11:52 PM
Hello Ladies :wave:

I think alot of us just by our presence in the world make it a better place. You have to when you love a child, respect an old person, care about causes or just like today when we all go vote,:D

Here are my list of top causes:

1. Breast Cancer Awareness (Susan G. Komen Foundation)
2. Boy Scouts of America ( I think they do alot of good for boys despite some of thier moronic views on gays and athiests)
3. Planned Parenthood-this is the pulse of reproductive rights around the world
4. The Elderly- I pay attention to the news and when they start to shaft old people on the medicaid end or with anything else I am e-mailing my congressman/senator

On a lighter side. My favorite comic book heroes:
1. Superman- he encompasses all the good that should be
2. Batman- he is dark with problems, the man every woman wants to change and keep the same all at once.
3. Witchblade-powerful, and yet vulnerable. Still understanding what it means to be woman.
4. Rogue- Strong and lacking the ability to be touched by anyone she finds further power in her solitude
5. Wonderwoman- she makes alot of sacrifices for mortals
6. Wolverine- another bad boy with a bad attitude how can I resist?
7. Angel- he has wings and has faced alot of mistakes he has made
8. Lara Croft- she is everything I wish I was, and she has alot of fun toys and big guns
9. Batgirl- she should get upgraded to woman, but still kicks some booty
10. Xena- she was so great on TV and just as invincible in print

Miss Chris:queen:

rochemist
11-06-2002, 05:58 AM
DARK CHOCOLATE LOVERS UNITE!!!!!!!!!

Check it out!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=283088#post283088

morningglory
11-06-2002, 09:06 AM
Helping others would have to be a top priority.
1.Democratic Party
2.Children's Cancer
3.Breast Cancer
4.The Ball Club my children played for
5.Boys and Girls club
6.Those agencies that help the poor with their utilities and food bills
7.Of course, my family

I don't really read comics, so I can't make an informed list on them. I would like to have wings. Lovely, Red Feathery wings. That would be so cool. They would have to be large wings. No skimpy little wings for me.

I am very depressed with how the elections went last nite. I hope I don't offend any Republicans out there. I have decided the time has come to get off my butt and donate my time to help the party I support, because Republican control of everything scares me.
morningglory

Rusty*Rusty
11-06-2002, 09:20 AM
I want fins - and a tail.

"I'd like to be, under the sea."

"Darling, it's better, down where it's wetter, take it from me!"

Splish-Splash!

And if I had a couple billion dollars I'd buy Neverland from Michael Jackson and I'd sponsor about fifty kids thru the Christian Childrens Fund. We sponsored a little girl on Sumatra until she was old enough to leave home. Very gratifying, a few dollars made a huge difference there.

morningglory
11-06-2002, 07:56 PM
I would also donate to the Children's Make a Wish Fund. That is a really good charity. It deserves to be supported cuz they make dreams come true.
morningglory

wykyd
11-06-2002, 10:49 PM
I already am a super hero! (well, okay, kind of...) I share an office (I use it some days and a colleague uses it the rest) and the person I share with calls me Super Tidy Woman, because the first thing I do when I arrive is straighten everything up and put things away. He even drew a cute cartoon of me in a red cape with a duster in one hand and a cloth in the other. I'm not that bad. Really. Wait... is that a pile of messy papers over there?....

My fave superheros/comic book characters:

Vampirella: my older sister used to buy these and I would look at the pictures wishing I looked like her. I 'm not so sure about that now, but she's still cool.

Xena- she's strong and she's a New Zealander too!(Lucy Lawless - don't you love that name?)

The Phantom - the movie sucked but the comics were great.

The Thunderbirds- Virgil was the first boy I had a crush on. (aged four) I was devestated when I found out he was just plywood and string.

Roger Ramjet- I still know the theme song!
"Roger Ramjet, he's our man , hero of the nation, for his adventures just be sure to stay tuned to this station...."

gigglez
11-07-2002, 09:00 AM
thanks for the link miss chris. enjoyed it very much

gigglez
11-07-2002, 09:08 AM
Things that I hate about Thanksgiving.

1. Food Food everywhere.
2. There is always some family member that will look at you and tell you that you would look so much better if you would just loose some weight. :doh: you are thinking there is food everywhere.
3. Football. Did anyone want the remote?
4. It starts the Christmas shopping season. Around here you don't dare go to Wally World on the weekends. Early mornings are ok and during the late night hours forget it they have too many pallets in the middle of the floors and you cant even walk around.
5. Cooking. As I said in #1 Food Food evrywhere

was just wondering what everyone else thinks.

Heres to a blessed day to you all,
sandy:grouphug:

TallTracy88
11-07-2002, 10:14 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I had to jump on THIS one!!

COOKING AND

CCCCLLLLLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNING up!!

Uhg..all day. I cook..Then I eat then I clean up..then I eat then I clean up again.

And trust me if I lived near a relative that wanted to have it at their house..honey i would be so GRATEFUL I would probalby die from the sheer joy of not having to put away all that stuff.

And I ahve got my routine down pretty good.

Pizza..Pizza for the big turkey day...but I LOVE TURKEY

ah the dilemema (shoot i tried 5 times to spell it..ya all know)

I am simply the bah hum bug of thanksgiving day

and to make matters worse..hubby flies in fomr a two week trip the wenesday night before..no going out for him

SIGH!!!

gigglez
11-07-2002, 12:54 PM
Tracy I hate the cleaning as well but this year I am goin to dothings a little differently. I am goin to use the fine china, sliver,crystal, and of course fine linen. Paper plates and cups, plastic silverware, and of course plenty of paper napkins. Now if only we had cockware of the same calibar. I think that if we could get our men to cook and clean things would be a little different.

dollar
11-07-2002, 01:42 PM
Since I already had Thanksgiving up here i don't haver the problem again until Christmas. Thanksgiving was a breeze this year, it was held at my brothers house. This was the first Thanksgiving I have ever had with him and this will also be our first Christmas. Just before Christmas laast year I found out I had 5 siblings I knew nothing about. We were all put up for adoption as we were born. I have been reunited with three brothers, the youngest sibling died at age 3 and the oldest girl we have not found yet. What a shock it was to me to have them find me I never went looking for anyone. It was not possible for us to be together last Christmas because of the process that had to be followed but it will be different this year.
As far as the cooking and the clean up I love to do the cooking and as far as the clean up goes in my husband's family it is the men that clean up after Christmas dinner.

DNW
11-07-2002, 04:39 PM
I am so glad you are reunited with your siblings...but to be frank I guess I am at a loss for words that someone would have not one but six children...and give them up for adoption....just when you think you've heard it all...well God Bless you and your new family anyway.

dollar
11-07-2002, 05:31 PM
Deadnursewife - I too had a hard time with the fact someone could do this. She was not young she was 32 when the 1st one was born and 41 when the 6th one came along and he died because of that he had very severe downs. Our fathers knew nothing of us, I think she was very selfish. It doesn't really matter now though I have brothers and am very close to one we even think the samething at the same time or finish each others sentencces. I have spoken with my birth mother twice but have decide against seeing her. You know what is ironic she did eventually get married about a year after the last baby and guess what she adopted a daughter. Sorry rambling a little just thought I would fill you in.

rochemist
11-07-2002, 09:44 PM
I have a general dislike for most holidays except Christmas (I love the decorating and shopping, hate dealing with my family) and Halloween. I get past most rough spots by just going to work. Once again this year I will be working on Thanksgiving.

Things I don't care for on Thanksgiving
1. Visiting extended family. Most of them don't like you or know you so why bother.
2. Does there have to be enough food for a 3rd world country for a month.
3. Football (I was afraid I was going to be alone on that one)

Things I like on Thanksgiving
1. Nobody is at the movies its a great time to go
2. At work we bring in shrimp and all kinds of stuff. It makes it nice and homey without the extended family homey. (how does it go, You can choose your friends but your family is thrust upon you).

Well you ladies havea good one!

morningglory
11-08-2002, 08:20 AM
First off, dollar, what a strange situation with your biological mom giving you and your siblings up for adoption. I am very glad your brothers found you. It sounds like you have found peace with the situation. I wish you luck and strength.:)
Thanksgiving: What a stressful holiday. I like Thanksgiving. One day of eating won't kill me. I don't even worry about that. I usually have the meal at my house, because other holiday's are at other sibling's houses. Precleaning is where I stress out. We all bring something (I have 2 brothers and 2 sisters), mom cooks, and it usually goes pretty good. My contribution consists of homemade mashed potatoes and rolls. Sometimes I bring the olives. No biggy, no stress. Cleaning up afterwards can be a hassle.

Things I hate about Thanksgiving:
1. Leftovers. We never eat them, so they end up turning green and crawling around in my fridge before I finally call in the Green Beret and CDC to get rid of them.

2.Fighting. My mom and dad love to pick at each other. It never stops. Sometimes I feel like leaving. Of course, since it's at my house that really isn't possible. Oh, well.

3.Cleaning both before and after. I hate that the men pretend like they don't know the women are cleaning. It just jams my printer. When we go to Don's house for Christmas I refuse to help his mother unless he does. I just think it's fair that if I am working he should be working.

Things I like about Thanksgiving:
1.Pie:pecan, pumpkin, chocolate, mincemeat, apple, I love pie!!!

2.Rolls, I love rolls. I love bread. I can take or leave the turkey, but I love bread. I guess stuffing fits in this catagory.

3.I like the sense of community, of family when we all get together. It's really nice until my mom bops dad with the frying pan and my bro starts to strangle my other bro.

Enough of the morningglory family of disfunction and controversy (it's so empty without me).
morningglory

Rusty*Rusty
11-08-2002, 09:33 AM
This Thanksgiving will be a sad one. Last year my Dad and my beloved stepmom, Jo, had the whole family together for the annual traditional, *beginning of the holidays* turkey dinner. This was the twentieth or so with a dozen of us getting together to eat and visit. I'm glad Bob and I took pictures and were the last to leave so we could visit a little longer.

A couple days later (on my Dad's birthday) Jo died suddenly of a heart attack as they were driving home from a little lunch celebration with friends.

Jo was the glue to held us all together and maintained the family traditions. Luckily, her family is warm and loving and have stepped in to support my Dad. There are a half dozen sisters and it's helped to keep my Dad going, knowing they are all sharing this time with him.

Hey, thanks for listening.

rochemist
11-08-2002, 11:19 AM
Rusty you always feel free to share your heart with us!:grouphug:

November is hard one for us too. Heidi and Kirk got married on the 13th, so much potential. She has an aneurysm 3 months later, thier marriage can never recover the loss of the "old" Heidi.:(

My friend Glen went to prison that same November. Its been 4 years, he has 8 more left to go. He is missed very much. He use to call every Thanksgiving, but its too hard. He sends Christmas cards. We were hoping he would get moved to Kansas so he would be a bit closer. Not that the drive to Minnesota is awful, but I hate the gaurds there. You lose all rights when you go to prison, and apparently this applies to the people who visit you.:?:

Wow I have nothing now to follow this up. So I guess I'll see ya'll later.

Rusty*Rusty
11-08-2002, 11:42 AM
Hope we don't all binge when we're depressed! :) There won't be enough food on the planet.

Looking on the bright side - when we miss our friends and family we learn to be grateful for the happy moments in our lives!

http://pages.map.com/rclark/lovebunny.gif

When I count my blessings, I count you all TWICE!

gigglez
11-08-2002, 01:29 PM
I don't know if it is the Holliday season that makes us binge or the cold weather that comes with it. Dollar Bless your heart I could only imagine what finding, goin through and dealing with you situation would be like. But it the end I think that you have received many blessing. Rusty so sorry to hear about your loss, I will keep you and each and everyone of you in my prayers. I honestly belive that during the hollidays we allow ourselves to be a little more open, we care more about what it is going on around us and it is them that we begin to think on things a little more than we did during the rest of the year. Anyway that is the way it is with me. During the year I am so busy with work, then my son activities, and helping out my mother that sometimes(more often than not) I can only focus on the task at hand. Ok I will stop rambling on here. The hollidays have begun and I have already begun to feel the pressure of it all. Help some smack my hand

morningglory
11-09-2002, 10:40 PM
Rusty, I am sorry to hear bout the loss of your step-mom. I hope you are able to have a good holiday, and remember the good times. Miss Chris, sorry to hear bout Heidi and Glen. I like the holiday's for the most part. What I really hate about them is the pressure to make Christmas all about how much you spend. That is not what the season is about. I wish everyone well.
morningglory

TallTracy88
11-10-2002, 06:18 AM
Dear Dollar and Rusty and all you super wonderful talented people.

Dollar i am so sorry about what your Mom did. But am also happy that you finally know about your siblings. I love my sisters and wish i had more. I know it is painful and I hope you post about what will be happening in the future. I will be reading every word you post.

Rusty I am so sorry about your step mother. It is so hard to deal with a death of someone you love. But as my sister became a stepmother two years agao i am so happy to know how much you loved your stepmother...this will give her hope.

Two years agao we lost two members of our family in between Thanksgiving and Christmas. My husband's sister and mother died within 4 days of each other. I do not think my husband has ever recovered. So as we head inot the holiday season...my hubby will grieve again. This will be the first year we will not travwel to my parents in Florida. It is simply too much for him, so I told him we would stay home and go later after Christmas.

Gigglez..you will do great!! You soound like you wear off all that you may eat!!

Morning i hear ya on the pressure. Sometime I wish christmas was in the middle of the year. I sure would be better prepared for it.

Ro..i am sorry about Heidi..that is just so sad..so sad. I am lso sory about Glen, though it is good to know he stays in touch wiht you. It must be hard for him too.

Deadnurse..i hope you are doing good and that all is good wiht the deadnurse hubby!!

all for now!!

you all are simply the best!!

Rusty*Rusty
11-10-2002, 08:32 AM
http://pages.map.com/rclark/mewave.gif Guess what time it is!

HORMONE HOSTAGE Every "Hormone Hostage" knows that there are days in the month when all a man has to do is open his mouth, and he takes his life in his hands. This is a handy guide that should be as common as a driver's license in the wallet of every husband, boyfriend, or male child.

DANGEROUS: What's for dinner?
SAFER: Can I help you with dinner?
SAFEST: Where would you like to go for dinner?

DANGEROUS: Why are you so worked up?
SAFER: Could we be overreacting?
SAFEST: Here's fifty dollars.

DANGEROUS: Are you wearing THAT?
SAFER: Gee, you look good in brown.
SAFEST: Wow! Look at you!

DANGEROUS: Should you be eating that?
SAFER: You know, there are a lot of apples left.
SAFEST: Can I get you a glass of wine with that?

DANGEROUS: What did you do all day?
SAFER: I hope you didn't overdo it today.
SAFEST: I've always loved you in that robe.

Top 9 Things PMS Stands For:
1 Pass My Shotgun
2 Pack My Stuff
3 Perpetual Munching Spree
4 Puffy Mid Section
5 People Make Me Sick
6 Provide Me with Sweets
7 Pardon My Sobbing
8 Pimples May Surface
9 Please; More Salt

dollar
11-10-2002, 09:10 AM
Yesterday was such a nice day 2 of my birth brothers came and spent the day with us we had a really good time, I really love to spend time with them. My younger brother brought me an Air Walker machine too use as long as I want. They came for my hubby's birthday.
It is so hard around the holidyas when family members are gone. we lost my fathr in law 3 yrs ago Sept 25 and my mother the next sept 23. My youngest daughters birthday is Sept 26 so she doesn't much like having birthdays anymore but this year we threw here a surprise 16th birthday party, it was so nice to see her happy on her birthday again. She still has a hard time with the month of Sept. I feel for all of you who have lost family. I have found it gets a little easier every year aroung the holidays. We have to remember our loved ones would not want us to continue to be sad they would want us all to go on living and remember them with smiles and not tears.
The weather today is just awful gloomy we were suppose to go to my mother in laws today but my 2 yr old grandson has had a fever since Fri through the night and about 4 this morning it was 103.5 so we will not be going today. My 19 year old daughter is visiting her boyfriend this weekend and I don't want her to know how high it got because she will come home and between travelling back and forth to college everyday and being a single parent she needs this time for herself. So unless he gets sicker I will just keep the fact it got that high to myself. Well i will just do things around here today I don't mind because itis a 2 hr drive to get to my MIL so I will get laundry done instead. Have a great day everyone.

morningglory
11-10-2002, 10:09 AM
I have been so sick this weekend. As sick as I thought I was going to get last weekend, I got twice as sick this. The house is a mess, cuz Lord above, the only one capable of cleaning is me. I haven't started on it. It breaks my heart just to look at it. I may have to go to work today, because a cookie maker's work is never done. I just want to sleep, and cry, and yell at everyone. I am very tired of coughing.
Rusty, that was very funny. Very true, too.
dollar, it seems you have weather some storms, some very severe emotional ones. Good luck to you.
morningglory

TallTracy88
11-10-2002, 12:40 PM
Rusty those things are applying to me now..thanks!!

Rusty*Rusty
11-10-2002, 02:17 PM
Tracy - me, too. I don't get the whole TOM thang but with just one ovary - I get the side effects. I get a *little* cranky, I feel tender here and there. And my weight went UP instead of down the last three days.

Here's the sort of cool thing (I do tend to get excited about the weirdest things.) I've been logging my daily weight first thing every day on a graph that I printed out from the Medical University of South Carolina. (Couldn't find one that did it for me online.)

I have about 35 days logged now with zigs and zags showing my downward progress - I'm loving that - and I just looked back exactly 28 days (for the menstrual cycle) and I went up two pounds over two days and then dropped back down two and held for five days, and then continued down a couple pounds a week.

Is this reassuring or what? Instead of guessing - I see that this is normal for me. Full speed ahead! :)

wykyd
11-10-2002, 05:53 PM
Loved it Rusty! Will tape a copy of this to the fridge door, and when SO complains about premenstrual women, he can't say he wasn't warned!

Don't feel ready to post a pic of myself yet, so here's one of my baby. He dug that hole himself.

rochemist
11-11-2002, 12:21 AM
Hello Ladies :wave:

Well you figured out your cycle how about figuring mine out? When I am fat I would gues around 21 days, when the weight is gone about 32. Hence the power of estrogen. The really awful part is if I hang out with any woman for longer than 3 days I will start to cycle with her. So I will pass on any woman power weekend retreats.

Okay speaking of woman power, something most of us can't live without cause nothing would get done. I have some woman power quotes to share.

A strong woman is a woman who loves strongly and weeps strongly and is strongly terrified and has strong needs- Marge Piercy

I have been absolutely terrified every moment of my life and I've never let it keep me from doing a single thing I wanted to-Georgia O'Keffe

Time and trouble will tame an advanced young woman, but an advanced old woman is uncontrollable by any earthly force- Dorothy L. Sayers

And my favorite:

If ambition doesn't hurt you, you haven't got it- Kathleen Norris

There should be another quote that steel toed boot wearing, intelligent, degreed women should not be afraid of mice. But I am terrified. We had a mouse and Tod killed it. Now I just saw that one of the traps have been moved. What's unfortunate for me is that we are on the same time table! Tod's going to be gone for 4 days, AHHHHHHHH:p :dizzy: I think I am going to hide under my covers!

Miss Chris:o

morningglory
11-11-2002, 10:41 AM
There are certain item I used to buy that were staples in our household. I no longer buy them, but I thought I would list them here and maybe others could list their top NO-NO items.

1.Totino's Pizza-Huge amounts of calories and fat. Used to buy them as an after-school treat for the kids. God, why would I do that?

2.Ramon noodles-Has like 30g. fat for 1/2 a package. My son would eat 2 per sitting. I NEVER:nono: buy these anymore.

3.Ranch dressing-17g. fat per 2 T. The kids don't even seem to mind.

4. Microwave popcorn- so easy to make, and so easy to eat way too much of.

These are items that I have cut way back on:

1.Cookies-was always bringing home a dozen or a dozen and a half of cookies. And they were gone within minutes. Very seldom bring them home. And when I do I bring 1-2 per person.

2.Soft drinks-This could almost go in my never buy list. But occasionally I will buy them. The kids like to have them for sleep overs.

3.Sweets-I used to think there had to be something sweet in the house at all times. I would feel panicky if there wasn't. Now, they are there sometimes, but I watch what I buy, and try to buy lower calorie, lower fat treats.

4.White bread- a big staple in our house. I only buy it now for sandwiches, which we have very rarely. We would go thru a loaf and a half sometimes. Now we have whole grain breads.

5.Sausage and bacon-no explanation needed

6.Bagels-Cream cheese and butter are not very conductive to weight loss

Of course there are lots of things I have cut back on. I grill or saute rather than frying. I bake chickens. I almost never have pork, or even beef for that matter. And once a week I make a "normal" ie: fattening meal. Just so the kids don't feel so deprived. Me either, for that matter. Love :love: ya all
morningglory

rochemist
11-11-2002, 11:10 AM
Hello Everyone:wave:

My only Never Buy: Pop

Things we have cut way back on:
1. Breads of any type
2. Chips

If we can get a lighter version that still tastes good we usually go for it. This especially applies to ice cream and sour cream.

Kids! I just scrubbed my sons bathroom. YUK!

wykyd
11-11-2002, 04:14 PM
Top No-Buys:

White Bread
Full Fat Dairy products, especially cheese, which I used to have lots of with almost everything.
Baking ingredients, like chocolate chips, cherries, nuts. I don't bake at all at the moment and all the jars in my pantry are empty. I don't have the self control yet.
Chicken with skin
Crackers (even some of the 'healthy' ones have as much fat as cookies)
Vanilla Coke- giving it up was not only better for the waistline, but for the dental work as well!

dollar
11-11-2002, 04:47 PM
The things we have cut down on or out of our diet.
Red meat
high fat foods everything we buy we buy the low fat version or fat free.
Chips we just buy about a bag a week to help my son stay sane

We eat lots of chicken and fish and fat free ham it is very good.
No butter
Ultra low fat salad dressings

The foods have changed so much that the low fat and fat free taste pretty good, i have more trouble with the regular food now I don't care for the taste.

TallTracy88
11-11-2002, 05:21 PM
ladies..

ok I freakin LOVE tortinos pizza..love it..it tastes like my school's pizza and i love it. I am a weird person who actually enjoys cafeteria food..lol

morning i am so sorry you are still so sick. I am thinking of you!!

hmm i do not have nay no buys..lol i think i need ot do that!!lol

gigglez
11-12-2002, 02:20 AM
Rusty, you are so right about PMS. Tracy thanks I hope that I can make it. Miss Chris I do the same I too will pick up on other womens cycles. I think that many years ago that I read something about that and that actually that is mornal. Rusty you know what is even worse that PMS suffering throught it after you have had 2 injections of lupron and have been told that after your second shot you should go into the big M. I found out the hard way that didn't work. Dollar so sorry to hear about your loss. I think that we all are in need of a big hug.:grouphug:
NO buys here.
1 pop
2 cookies
3 candies
4 items that I could possibally make cookies/candies with(hey I just don't trust myself) however I will on occasion buy them for my son.

I hope that everyone has been working hard. I finally got a reward for all my hard work. I actually got into(buttoned and zipped without the zipper riping) a pair of 14s. So ofcourse I bought them. I didn't care if they were tight. They will now be my notivation

heres to a blessed day to all
sandy

TallTracy88
11-12-2002, 07:21 AM
ANYTHING that is not an elasric waist (like all of my stuff)

is a MAJOR victory!!

Way to go Sandy!!

morningglory
11-12-2002, 08:47 AM
Wow gigglez!!!!:bravo: on the size 14!!! Stay strong.
I never bought lots of chips. And in truth, they usually went stale if they weren't completely eaten with whatever meal they went with. The kids and I aren't big chip fans. Now butter...ahhhh glorious butter. That is something I will never give up. Not even if the diet police:drill: came banging on my door. I will die with a stick of butter in my hand. Ahhhh, yea, sorry. I uh, lost control. I am still very sick. Yea. Still filled with snot, so, uh, just forget the previous outburst.
morningglory

Rusty*Rusty
11-12-2002, 10:39 AM
Okay wimmins, we have to tie morningglory down and grab that evil stick of fat from her greasy fingers. Sorry, honey! It's for your own good. LOL

Wykyd: Is that a sheep? LOL What a cutie-pie your baby is. Name?

In order to keep myself under control I have stopped buying:

Little one serving pepperoni pizzas (cheap and I always ate two with extra cheese and pepperoni added for lunch/snacks)

Butterball Chicken Breast Tenders with Ranch Dressing (Ten at a time for lunch!)

Fried Mozzarella Sticks from T.G.I. Fridays - the BIG box (A dozen at a time for lunch!)

I've replaced the easy salty tasty fattening frozen lunch stuff with WW and Lean Cuisine 300 calories/5 g fat meals and have salad or soup or both most days now.

No more eggs - eggbeaters YES! (Plus I found a Shoprite store brand for $1.39 per 16 oz)
No more vegetable oil - using olive oyl
No more margarine sticks or tubs - using Promise Ultra and sprays
No more white bread - going to whole wheat and multi-grain
No more whole milk - down to 2% and trying to get to 1% next
Using Nutrasweet in place of sugar/honey everywhere I can
No more Good Seasons Italian Dressing - going to fat free Ken's Steakhouse

I figure that sugar and fat are the big problems (not to mention my portion sizes) so I'm replacing everything I can that is laden with fat with a substitute where I can.

I tried ff cheddar and american slices from Kraft this week. Disgusting. Even with an open mind - BoxerBob and I couldn't stand them. Dogs get extra calcium this week! LOL

However - I tried a brick of Cabot 50% cheddar and it was great. Made cheese/chicken quesadillas last night with it and melted good and tasted fine. It's got 4.5 g of fat/oz - instead of 9 g of fat in our usual brand.

If it ain't here - I can't eat it! ~Rusty

Rusty*Rusty
11-12-2002, 01:17 PM
This is just what I was looking for - a list of convenience foods to print and take with me. I printed a copy out for my Dad, too. He's finally starting to cook a little, something besides his favorite bean soup. LOL Tomorrow we make low-fat chicken and cheese quesadillas together for lunch so he can get the hang of it.

Link:

100 Foods That Fight Fat (http://www.prevention.com/cda/feature/0,1204,1133,00.html)

TallTracy88
11-12-2002, 04:31 PM
great job ladies!!

I have always used olive oil...i love the taste of it and lean cuinines french bread pizza's are still my all time fav!!!

butter..yeah buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

wykyd
11-12-2002, 05:25 PM
SO asked me what I would like on the menu for Xmas dinner this year as its his turn to cook. My reply: just give me a pound of real butter and a spoon. As for low fat, no fat substitutes? 'I can't believe its not butter?' Sorry, -I can!

Rusty- my baby's name is Riley, a gorgeous golden retriever of the pale creamy gold variety.( or 'the little prince' as my SO calls him) He was about twelve weeks old in that pic, he is now ten months old and off to be neutered tomorrow, poor baby.

dollar
11-13-2002, 08:25 AM
Hi folks,
well I was down .6 last night not great for 2 weeks but still down considering I changed points range and doc discontinued one of my meds that usually has an effect so not a big deal. Time to start gearing up for all the holiday outings that are coming up they start Nov 30 for me and will probably continue until x-mas. Got to run breakfast and lunches to get done.

morningglory
11-13-2002, 08:26 AM
Butter Lover's Unite:love: I know butter is the debil, but I just like it. So, in the spirit of all that is good and holy in the world I refuse to give it up. Besides, both Emeril and my beloved Alton Brown swear by it. It can't be that bad, can it? Can it?
Rusty, I am sorry to say that I would have to take you down girl if you try to take it from my somewhat greasy hand. LOL!!

Things I would rather do than be sick:
1.Go to the denist.

2.Clean up dog mess.

3.Eat icecream (oops, wrong list:lol: )

3.Have minor surgery

4.Wash a week's worth of dishes

5.Change a flat tire

Have a great morning all. I am back to work today. Yuck!! I wish I could have enjoyed my extra day off.
morningglory

morningglory
11-13-2002, 08:37 AM
Forgot to say this. Went to a site yesterday someone recommended in their journal, About calorie counting and on-line record keeping. Anyway, typed in my stats 5'7", 218 large frame and it said I was in the normal range for my size. Normal range??? Then why do I have rolls of fat around my waist? Why are my thighs the size of Texas? Why do I have 2 (not 1, but 2) chins? Me thinks something freaky was going on at that site.
morningglory

Rusty*Rusty
11-13-2002, 09:07 AM
It's a shame that with all the science going on out there - the best they can come up with for cheese and milk and butter is the real thing. :)

Nutrasweet made a huge difference in the taste of sweet foods - Diet Coke was such a miracle after the disgusting saccharin taste of Tab!

The best I've found for the butter/margarine is Promise and the sprays - not great but a huge calorie savings. Tracy is right - olive is good. I tossed out a half gallon of vegetable oil and replaced it with a tall can of *virgin* (how can you tell? LOL) olive oil.

Cheese - gak - the dogs got both of the fatfree Kraft slices - American and Cheddar but the Cabot 50% Light is pretty darn good. Going to grab some more today. Anyone tried the soy cheese substitutes?

Milk - everyone says you can get used to skim. Gak - I'm working my way down slowly. I don't drink it straight, though. I figure over cereal I might not notice the *blue milk* taste.

Well, I'm back where I was a week ago - this keeps happening - I get a one day glimpse of a weight - this time 160 and then I head back up three pounds for a week and then slowly come back down a pound every day or so. I think I'm BOUNCING! :)

http://pages.map.com/rclark/checkout.gif

Shopping day today! Another exciting adventure in the life of Rusty*Rusty. I'll take the list of foods I printed out yesterday from Prevention and see if I can find any more treats to make this go along. If I'm changing the way BoxerBob and I eat I need to find new favorites for the weekly dinner menu. Luckily cheese and chicken quesadillas were a hit. Whew. The Campbell's Soup something or other fettucine was a bomb.

The search continues!

TallTracy88
11-13-2002, 04:51 PM
Howdy!!

I joined a golden retriever rescue mission a few months ago. I want one really badly but my hubby is like no way. On any animals and he loves dogs. So i signed up to dogsit the foster dogs for the families to give them a break. I am so glad to hear there are more lovers of these amazing dogs out there!!

Tracy

rochemist
11-13-2002, 08:30 PM
Totally disgusted by www.weddingmoney.com listed on a different forum thread. Accused of being a nasty person, oh well. I am practical with an opinion.:dizzy:

MG and Rusty. MG those weight things are in ranges, and you just got to figure out where you fit. I am suprised that they went up to 218. Cause I know for a medium frame at 5'7" its 118-165 lbs. And I hear you Rusty. I have been bouncing between 201-203 for 2-3 weeks now. It said 200 for 1 day, in fact it said 198 while I was ill. I think its a scale conspiracy:lol:

Top 5 Things I am Really Bad AT
1. Poetry
2. Singing (I use to do this, I even sung in front of audiences, now I am so out of tune only I can enjoy me)
3. Returning Library Books
4. Dealing with intense emotion in an appropriate manner
5. Saying NO to my husband :lol:

morningglory
11-14-2002, 08:24 AM
Which thread was that on Miss Chris? I went to the link. It was unbelievable. Who has the audacity to beg for money so they can have a fancy wedding? How utterly absurd. I don't know what you said about it, but I was flipping thru that site with my mouth hanging open at the nerve of those people. I wonder if they will get the money?

I love olive oil. Never cook with any other oil anymore. And cheese, I still haven't gotten up the nerve to try the low/no fat stuff. I like reduced fat sour cream, but I don't cook with it. The kids don't like it at all. I love no fat yogurt. I liked it before I started watching my calories. I also like no fat italian, but the kids won't touch it, so I don't make salads, cuz I refuse to buy ranch. I use 2% milk. I am not even going to attempt skim milk. Nope, not going to do it.
Congrats on the weight loss dollar. Wykyd, what did you choose for Christmas dinner?

Things I am bad at:
1.Getting things done in a timely fashion. Tend to be a procrastinator. Oh, well, can't be perfect can we?

2.Saying no to kids or Don. They tend to walk all over me. I just don't want to let them down.

3.Car or home repair. Never really wanted to do it, but now I guess I have to learn, or my house is going to fall down around me.

4.Drawing. Never been able to draw a straight line, let alone a beautiful picture.

5.Managing my time

Have a wonderful day all!!!
morningglory

Rusty*Rusty
11-14-2002, 08:51 AM
Our Ms. Chris? Mean? You're just a straight-shootin' son of a gun! We like that!

MG - I bought some Ken's Peppercorn Ranch - fat free yesterday. I'll let you know if it's sludge or not. Kraft ff Ranch was raunchy.

I've been eating Axelrod 4/$1 ff yogurt for breakfast lately and I like it. I put grapenuts into a shaker bottle and I shake a bunch into my yogurt as I'm eating and it adds some texture and fiber to it. The dogs love the yogurt, too - they argue over who gets the cup when I'm finished.

I'm a fan of the 50% Light Cabot cheddar. I bought a couple bricks of it again yesterday. Half the fat and it melts and it browns a bit in a frying pan and made great quesadillas yesterday at Dad's. It's creamy and tasty like mozzarella - I like mild cheese. As soon as the *real* cheddar is gone - we're on this one for the house cheese. LOL

Things I am bad at:

1. Getting things done in a timely fashion. Tend to be a procrastinator. Oh, well, can't be perfect can we?

2. Saying no to dogs or BoxerBob. They tend to walk all over me. I just don't want to let them down.

3. Car or home repair. Never really wanted to do it, but now I guess I have to learn, or my house is going to fall down around me.

4. Drawing. Never been able to draw a straight line, let alone a beautiful picture.

5. Plagiarism. LOL

MG - you got a kindred spirit here...

Rusty*Rusty
11-14-2002, 01:24 PM
MG - here you go. Grab some Ken's Steakhouse Fat Free Peppercorn Ranch dressing next time you shop and give it a try. I have to give it two thumbs up. For FF it's good. It's better than some hi-cal Ranch Dressings. I'm pleased - I'm a Ranch fan and I can use this on chicken sandwiches to replace mayo!

gigglez
11-14-2002, 01:55 PM
Good day everyone. I've been out, down, and depressed. I lost my uncle Tues. am.. I am finally thankful that his suffering is over and he can go on to his reward. The hardest part has been watching over my mother and his wife. The depression wasn't good for me I think that I nibbled too much:devil: Rusty I am glad that you discover the ff peppercorn ranch that is the inly flavor of kens that I like and believe it or not even my lil proch monkey loves it as well. Wykyd if someone was goin to do the cooking for me I WOULD GO WHOLE HOG. Miss Chris I haven't been to that site but I am goin to check it out just for laughs it must be pretty lame to get your goat. Maybe it will be a good laugh. Everyone keep up with the good work. Time to try to do some work.

Here's to a blessed day to all,
sandy

wykyd
11-14-2002, 03:58 PM
Tracy- ditch the husband and get the Golden you deserve! (just kidding.. well , mostly!)
A retriever is way better than any man when it comes to complete and unconditional love! My SO (as great a guy as he is) knows full well, if he and my dog were drowning, he'd better save himself. ;) . Good for you doing rescue work. I volunteer with the SPCA , so I appreciate how rewarding, heartbreaking, wonderful
and frustrating it can be. I have had a few people criticising me this week for having my boy de-sexed. My partners ex told him I was 'mean'. A guy at work told me I was stupid because ' if you put him up for stud, you can make a lot of money selling those purebred puppies. Morons.
Wykyd, (in a grump because she's been living on veggies all week and hasn't lost a thing yet!)

wykyd
11-14-2002, 04:15 PM
gigglez- So sorry to hear about your uncle. I lost an uncle to leukemia last year, and while it's a relief to have their suffering come to an end, it's still a very hard time for those they leave behind. Sending you good vibes and thoughts to help you through this difficult time.:grouphug: :goodvibes
On a happier note, its funny you should mention the 'whole hog' as my darling SO has decided to make his wonderful porkroast dinner for Xmas- and after being good all week I could just about eat a whole hog!

I agree with you Rochemist about the wedding thing. Had a look , (and if the whole thing isn't some sort of scam) it appalled me. Where do people get the idea you can't have a good wedding unless you spensd a lot of money.
The best wedding I have ever been to was being invited to a 'BBQ' at a park one Saturday by a close friend. When we all arrived, she was there with her partner of 15 years and a marriage celebrant! No one knew they were planning to get married. We had all been asked to bring some food and a bottle of wine, and a couple of musicican friends supplied the music.
Her dress was simple but elegant and off the rack, her mother made the cake and the flowers came out of her dad's garden. People still talk about that day as the most fun wedding they've ever attended. Total cost was under a thousand dollars.

gigglez
11-14-2002, 05:22 PM
Thanks wykyd. I hope that you enjoy the pork roast dinner that you are goin to be getting. You know my second wedding was totally on the cheap. The tool man and I got married on a rainny night in the middle of triangle park in Lexington, Ky. I think that all we were out was the cost of the lic. and the the fee that the man who preformed the wedding. Total cost was under 60 dollars. I guess that I do will be having hog so to speak for my xmas dinner we always do ham. This year it is goin to be my goal not to eat all of those yummy chocolate treats. Someone may have to come and hold me back. CHOCOLATE a girl's best friend. I think that it stays with us longer.

rochemist
11-14-2002, 07:59 PM
Hi Everyone:wave:

Sorry about your loss gigglez:grouphug:

Thanks for all the supportive comments and even more telling me about you wedding. I thought we did good at $75, but $60 that is awesome. Tod and I had a party the night before it was BYOB(or whatever pleases you). The next morning we grabbed 2 hungover guys off the floor to be witnesses, paid the judge $40 to marry us (It was actually very sweet and cozy wedding in his chambers). Then we all went back passed around a $10 bottle of champagne, and went to Taco Bell. I think that was about $25. Tod's little brother Kirk picked up most the tab that day. We went back to the house, took a nap, and then went over to his mom's that evening and had cake. Watched STNG and passed out. What a great day!:lol:

So its good to know we are all bad at stuff I was afraid to be alone;)

Things I refuse to Live Without!
1. Instead- before these I was in ****
2. Rust remover- no rust stains in my sinks!
3. Luxiva Face Cream- otherwise I would be dry and broken out
4. My DVD player for Obvious reason
5. My computer, so I can talk to you all!

You know this is a longer list, but my brain is blank and wants to lay on the couch;)

Miss Chris:D

morningglory
11-15-2002, 08:37 AM
Gigglez, sorry to hear about your uncle. Get thru this time. Try not to feel bad about eating.

Things I can not live without:
1.Coffee: gotta have it to be human. I refuse to give it up.

2.My notebook. I use it to organize, and motivate.

3.My children, God love em.

4.Chocolate: Gotta be real. I don't eat tons of it, but if it were never there you may as well just call the game.

5.Hand Lotion: I use tons of this, mostly cuz my hands are always getting gooped up at work, so I wash them a lot. They would be flakey, cracked demon things without it.

6.My computer: My escape pod from the madness at the house.

7.Work: How does any live without work to occupy their time. Of course, this is just another escape pod.

Honorable Mentions (Things I could probably live without, but why would I want to?)
1.Don

2.Butter

3.Cake

4.Crab(yummy!!!)

5.TV
ok, enough for now. Have a great day!!!
morningglory

morningglory
11-15-2002, 08:42 AM
Ps. Chris, What is instead?
MG

Rusty*Rusty
11-15-2002, 09:02 AM
Our wedding ran about $75 too! We ran off to a azalea garden by the water in Winter Park, Florida and had a Justice of the Peace meet us there. My momz came and a friend of mine took pix and that was that. We paid for the flowers and the JP and my momz gave us my ring. Right after we drove to Daytona Beach and spent the day on the beach and had our dinner for two at IHOP! We were the only ones there mid-afternoon and we had breakfast, lunch and dessert all at once. Our suite on the beach was a gift from the radio station I worked for.

After a seventeen day courtship LOL - we hit twenty years this year (on September 11th.)

rochemist
11-15-2002, 09:03 AM
Well here it goes. My skin is rather sensitive, and cotton pads and tampons during my TOM would drive that skin crazy. I had about given up and decided to just ruin my underwear when they came out with Instead. It is a plastic cup that you can wear inside for up to 12 hours. You can't feel it, and you can even do the deed when its in. Cuts way down on smell and all that other gross stuff. So probably more that you wanted to know, but there it is:p

Miss Chris:o

rochemist
11-15-2002, 09:05 AM
That is a cool wedding story! What made you decide to marry after 17 days, YOU WILD WOMAN?

Miss Chris:)

Rusty*Rusty
11-15-2002, 09:22 AM
Ro Ro Ro - I've gotten notified of this message about five times. LOL So I might as well say HELLO! and T.G.I.F! Even when I don't work during the week Friday is still Friday!

We usually have pizza and a movie. Poor Bob - tonight it's Snow White from Hallmark. He's so patient. Going to try making pizzas on soy and whole wheat pita breads. Anyone try FF mozzarella? Does it melt? Does it stretch? Can you throw it over your shoulder like a Continental soldier? I went with part-skim just in case.

Rusty*Rusty
11-15-2002, 09:23 AM
Nevermind! Every time I came back in - it was Ro's message. Guess I just wan't feeling *refreshed* this morning. Go back to sleep.

Rusty*Rusty
11-15-2002, 09:34 AM
Hmmm - I knew BoxerBob five years previously when we both worked at a college radio station and for three years never spoke much beyond Hi Bye Have a good show! Then just as we started to hit it off I moved away to Maine for a job, then to Florida.

When I was back in this area five years later to visit my Dad for a week, on a whim I called Bob and invited him over to Dad's for supper and to talk about the old days. We wuz struck by lightning. When I went back to Florida he followed me and after a couple days and nights together I jokingly said, "So when are we getting married?" He made all the plans while I was at work that day and we done the deed shortly thereafter.

Of course all my friends thought we were nutz and that it wouldn't last, we should wait - all the advice that I'd have given, too! But it was fun - it was insane - and it was right. :)