South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 05:47 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Talk Alot Thursday

Good Morning

I just put two loaves of Pumpkin Pinon Bread in the oven, and now I'm going to grab Bing and that first cup of coffee and head outside in my jammies to check the day. Be back!
Old 06-17-2010, 06:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Debbie! Thanks for getting that pumpkin bread going, it will be great with my coffee. I hope your day-breaking is as pretty as mine is. It rained overnight and where the sun is breaking through the fog, the raindrops are glittering like a field of diamonds.

I put a load of laundry in the washer already, but other than a quick dust and vacuum, I have nothing else on my agenda except for kicking back and painting my toes. The girls have their last gymnastics this evening, so I won't be home again until around 8.

Shall I pour?
Old 06-17-2010, 06:06 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Good morning ladies! Coffee never tasted so good as it does this morning and Debbie, if I were not on Phase 1 I'd be sampling that pumpkin bread too. For some reason I've been especially tired the last couple of days, wonder if it's the SBD flu - maybe it is, but whatever. It's been hard to motivate in the am.

I've been reading the Beck book, and I think I might begin her 6 week program. It occurs to me that I can apply those exercises to other areas of my life too, but that's another story. Tomorrow at work we have a "retreat" where we are supposed to strategize for another year - and after lunch, we have a tour of the Jacques Torres chocolate factory. Yikes!!

This week has been a great week for me being on plan...hope everyone else is experiencing success too.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:11 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Thanks for pouring Linda. Your morning sounds spectacular! It's pretty dark here, yet, but warm and wonderful! We had a massive wind storm last night and my tallest tomato broke off. Oh well. Have you picked summer colors for your toes?

Mmc, I'm feeling a bit tired this AM, too. Maybe it will pass...I find the Beck book helpful in other areas of my life and am about to start the 6 week read again. I find it really helpful when I don't rush through. Enjoy your day and resist temptation at your factory tour.

I'm headed into a busy weekend. Starting this afternoon, I'm helping a dear friend pack up. Sadly, she's leaving a marriage of 25 years. Good for her to know she needs to make a change...things weren't changing at home. That will be a 3 day job, then I'm serving refreshments at church, then Monday starts vacation Bible school for which I'm co-chairing the food. I'm looking forward to a week from Friday.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Debbie, I'm debating between pale lavender or dark red. I think I may pay a visit to Ulta tomorrow to check out the new summer colors, though, especially since I have a good coupon. That's sad about your friend, but at least she's doing the right thing. Life is short and there's no sense in staying in an unhappy marriage.

Matilda, I hope you get your energy back soon. If it's the SBD flu, you should be feeling better in a day or so. Here's something to help you this afternoon with that chocolate factory tour -
Old 06-17-2010, 06:24 AM   #6  
I've lost over 15 pounds!

S/C/G: 242/225.5/170

Height: 5' 6"

I need to pick up that Beck book again!! I got to about the 2nd or 3rd day and life just got too busy.

My new exciting discovery right now is a Wii walking game!! I'm going to try it out right after breakfast. I played with it just a little bit last night, and it looks like it will be super fun. You earn credits to build the town by walking. If facebook did something like that with cafeworld, I'd probably be a size two!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Frances
Old 06-17-2010, 06:30 AM   #7  

Height: 5'8"

Frances - that Wii game - is it for the Wii fit, or just the regular Wii?
Old 06-17-2010, 06:38 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

"Talk Alot" is a good title for today. I was in earlier when there was just Debbie's post and look at us now!

We had torrential rain last night and it's still raining although more gently. Today will be a quiet day at home with maybe a quick trip to the bank worked in. I pinned together a baby quilt last night and my goal today is to machine quilt it and maybe get the binding put on. It's for my friend Terri to take to a baby shower and time is getting short. I just love doing baby quilts because they come together so quickly.

I hope everyone has a serene and productive day.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:39 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. Last full day at the spa. Having fun, exercising lots, eating too much and not the right foods but lets ignore that for now. Catch you all this weekend,
Old 06-17-2010, 07:33 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's my morning coffee and dial-up internet time. We are going to Quack's for breakfast (been going there since I was a kid). I had a nice veggie omelet last time we went. Then off to do some walking. We are counting on the breeze to dry things out while we are at breakfast. Dad seems a little more upbeat but we'll see how the morning goes.

I'm a Beck restarter and am restarting for the fourth time. Each time I get a little further along the plan. I stick to a day until I get a handle on it so I guess it's not bad to stop on an item I really need to work on

No personals today, just wishes for a good day to all.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:40 AM   #11  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all..........same old, same old here with no plans for today. MIL is coming to N.O. for the weekend, so some fun family times are in order.
OOOOHHH, Cottage, Ulta. There is one opening up soon in a our new mall and it looks like it could be dangerous on the wallet.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:10 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 151/145/115

Height: 5"0'

Good morning Ladies
I am feeling the tired too in fact i am fighting the urge to go back to bed but feel guilty doing that since i got up at 5 and did my work out and ate breakfast. oh well maybe some coffee will help. Today I have some house work to do and my boyfriend will be coming over to see me for a while but thats about it. I hope everyone has a good day
p.s. my summer nail color is teal
Old 06-17-2010, 09:20 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Frances, Ruth, Karen, Cyndi, Cat, SCAgirl

Hi to everyone else!

I got Rudi out for a walk, and have been working in the office. All of a sudden it's time to head out the door!

The pool will be extra nice today-wish ya'll could join me!
Old 06-17-2010, 10:53 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 212/195/155

Height: 5' 8.5"

I think I'm going to have a great day today! Going to make a trip to the library to get myself some good reading material, and be sure I get a good turn on the wii fit. I have a pool at my disposal, but I never want to stay there very long because I'm a bit afraid to have the 8 month old out in the sun very long. Also it is hard to watch him AND keep the two year old safe at the same time. But maybe this weekend while the hubby is off work I'll be able to get the kiddos there. The exercise would be good for all of us.

Gonna make some zucchini bread over the weekend. Family won't eat veggies, but I know they'll suck that down at an incredible rate. Whatever works - right?
Old 06-17-2010, 11:08 AM   #15  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Jarlie, could you try getting your fam to eat veggies in a smoothie?
I just made a killer one with spinach, carrots,green whey powder, green powder, banana, blueberries, strawberries, greek yogurt, agave necter and ice. zing...and loaded with green stuff. The taste is fruity and sweet so they would never know they were getting tons of veggies unless you told them.
I have a son that won't touch veggies on a bet, but I make him smoothies all the time that are loaded with them. I don't know where this kid came from..my other 2 adore them.
Closed Thread