Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 06-16-2010, 06:06 PM   #1  

Default Capsiplex

I'm not yet allowed to post a link due to my post count, but look it up.

Has anyone else tried this ? ( no idea if this is available in the US by the way )

It's clinically proven and used by hospitals/NHS - I presume to help weightloss for those who wish to have WLS ,and are still too heavy for the operating tables ( and also may have surgery complications with breathing ect ) and need to lose weight before being allowed to proceed.

Either way it must work or they wouldn't prescribe it. It seems to be mostly chilli extract. I was thinking of ordering some. I already go to the gym 2-3 times a week and walk the 5 miles home from work in heavy workboots ( so it's not unlike wearing ankleweights ) plus do a twice weekly wobbleboard/shockwave vibration board class. I'm thinking this pill may help boost my calorific burn during all this exercise it were, and help me lose this last 35 lbs...

Has anyone taken a similar product perhaps? Did it work and how quickly? Did the weight pile back on after or have you kept it off?
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 06:09 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I think there has been some research that eating spicy things can give your body a very minor metabolism boost and I really mean minor. If you want the benefit of chiles in your diet, I'd suggest some hot sauce over an expensive pill. Otherwise you can find inexpensive capsaicin pills in the drug store if you don't like spicy foods but really the overall metabolism boost is very minor
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 06:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3

There's a weight loss pill similar to this out called Chili Burn. It's suppose to be a more 'natural' route. I tried it a year ago. It made my head spin.

Keep up the exercise & up the water, fruits, veg and fiber!
Stella4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 04:28 PM   #4  

Just an update on this, a woman I work with who is not overweight by very much at all ,bought some of this and has been taking it for nearly a month. She hasn't done very much to alter her usual eating plan ( she is not on a diet and eats whatever ) and the only real exercise she does is walking about at work and walking the dog. That's it no gym or anything like that, no running ect.

Her trousers are already looser by a couple of inches. They were a little tight and dug in slightly before, now she can pull them away by a couple of inches without them digging into her skin the other side.

Having seen it's effect on someone who does little to no exercise that would raise the heartrate ( I do loads ) and who has not altered thir diet significanly ( I eat 12-1400 calories a day ), I think I'll get some. If it works like that on her it should theoretically work even better on me.

These tablets don't simply contain chilli extract, they contain a weight loss drug and were given to obese people by the NHS before being made available to the public online and in pharmacies. They are medically proven.

Last edited by honeythorn; 07-17-2010 at 04:28 PM.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 07:56 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

If they are medically proven, where are the research articles? What is the efficacy rate?

Because the efficacy rate of a placebo is 75% IF it has good marketing to back it up. Basically if you believe a pill might work, then you might change your diet/exercise enough to make it work.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote