General Diet Plans and Questions - its morning and my first thought is FOOD!

herbodyvsmybody
06-16-2010, 11:59 AM
ahhhh...why do I wake up every morning and think about food! I've been cautious about what i eat and exercising daily, but I cant stop obsessing. Im on my first week and would like to stay positive about what I'm doing. I have family coming in from out of the country and they are staying for 3 weeks, which means lots of food all the time! i hope i survive it.

mandalinn82
06-16-2010, 12:16 PM
What are you eating? Sometimes, if I ate too little, or too many refined carbs, the day before, I wake up RAVENOUS and food is the only thing I can think about. Other times, I just randomly wake up starving and need to eat breakfast pretty quickly. I wake up MOST days pretty hungry, and generally think about food until I get some breakfast...only on days when I've been off plan the day before do I wake up not wanting to eat.

I don't worry so much about thinking about food first thing in the morning...after all, you haven't eaten in 8-10 hours, it's normal to be hungry!

As for thinking about food in general, all the time, a lot of people here have experienced that. Usually it does die down a bit after you've been on plan a while, but I don't find anything *wrong* with doing a lot of thinking about food, honestly, unless it starts interfering with other areas of your life. I love food. I love grocery shopping. I think about all the yummy, healthy foods I can make with all the wonderful produce that is in season. Food is a huge part of my life, still, just different foods in different ways.

beerab
06-16-2010, 12:37 PM
Food is my second thought after "I have to go pee" now that I eat breakfast in the mornings if I don't breakfast within an hour of waking up my body gets MAD lol.

bargoo
06-16-2010, 12:46 PM
It is normal to be hungry in the morning, that means you should eat breakfast.

grrrkgrrrl
06-16-2010, 12:56 PM
i concur. i wake up hungry and it tells me my body is AWAKE.

before, i wouldn't eat anything until lunch, thought i was doing myself a favour, but all it did was make me feel sluggish. couldn't understand the different until i actually started eating breakfast..

herbodyvsmybody
06-16-2010, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the reply everyone!
-I cant use the scale just yet..im to afriad to know my real weight...Yikes!
Since I lost all the weight before and now have regainedit and probably a few extra pounds, Im scared it will discourage how well I'm doint right now...