Chicks up for a Challenge - The 6 Week Challenge!!

View Full Version : The 6 Week Challenge!!

Abbyew
06-15-2010, 02:47 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just received my slim in 6 in the mail today and have gotten great feedback (besides it starting to become repetitive). So I challenge all of you to take any 6 week program you can do, even if it is made up, with me. I have taken before measurements and pics and will post my progress weekly. I really encourage any of you who would like to take this challenge with me to do the same.

So I have recently taken the first step and changed my eating habits and I am already feeling like I have more energy. I hope you will join me and good luck!

Abby

P.S. sorry its a Tuesday I hope that doesn't throw anyone off!

eryn s
06-15-2010, 05:17 PM
Wow, you've got perfect timing- I was going to go down to the gym tomorrow to sign up for their 6 week program. I'm definitely up for the challenge!

fivestone
06-15-2010, 06:14 PM
I'm in, also. I have certain dates and events to use as motivation over time, but none for the end of July, so this is perfect.

Abbyew
06-15-2010, 08:39 PM
I am really glad you ladies have decided to join me! I did the first workout today and I am really feeling it right now. Makes me feel good and I cant wait to post progress. Good luck!!

nurse2be
06-15-2010, 08:50 PM
I'd love to join but I have a broken leg. Good luck and I'll be watching this thread for some motivation as I've been interested in this DVD.

pinkprincess
06-16-2010, 09:00 AM
I will join you. 6 weeks would be the end of July. That will be great. Today's wi is 274.6. I will record tomorrow's on here since my official wi on stickk is Thursdays. I will coincide them. (Would be awesome to leave the 270's.)

pinkprincess
06-17-2010, 11:04 AM
SW 274.2 (Today)

WI's
6/24
7/1 274
7/8
7/15
7/22
7/29

Goal: 268 or less

ma26
06-17-2010, 11:16 AM
I'd love to join! I don't weigh until saturday. At which time I'll weigh daily. But I'd lke to copy cat pinkprincess and record weigh ins once a week for this challenge. My goal is 12 pounds in 6 weeks. So I'm hoping to average two pounds a week. My plan is "eat to live" and using Becks diet solution tools.

Starting Weight June 19th:
6/26:
7/3:
7/10:
7/17:
7/24:
7/31:

Goal weight:

Peaches5577
06-17-2010, 03:08 PM
Me too! I want to join in!

I weigh myself on Mondays, so will start as of this week. I want to be down to 170 as of 7/26/10. My exercise goal is to jog/walk at least 5x a week, weightlift 4x. I am doing a low carb/low sugar, high protien diet.

6/14/10 = 181.2
6/21/10
6/28/10
7/05/10
7/12/10
7/19/10
7/26/10

dcapulet
06-17-2010, 11:40 PM
I would like to join! I haven't been to 3FC in a while, but I have been lurking for the last week. I don't have a scale or a tape measure right now, but I can think of a certain pair of pants I would love to fit into! So between now and July 29th (6 weeks) I want to drop a dress size.

Abbyew
06-18-2010, 01:30 AM
Day 3 for me and so far so good! I have stayed on track exercising everyday (working out 6 days a week with the video) and take dogs on a walk daily too. Its tough but I already feel like I have a lot more energy!

I am glad you ladies are joining me it is great motivation. I hope everyone reaches their goals and if you are having a bad day or need motivation I usually go to the GOALS section. Seeing how awesome everyone has done/ is doing makes me want to keep going!

Remember don't give up, no goal is unreachable!

sarcruze
06-18-2010, 08:06 AM
:DHi Everyone!!! I would like to join. I calorie count and Exercise 5-6 days a week. I measure myself at the beginning of each month and take pictures. It helps me see results when the scale doesn't seem to want to budge. I am also contemplating about buying a few sessions with a personal trainer. I need to start toning up cos I don't want to be all flabby.lol. I would like to lose 15-20lbs in 6 weeks. I'm crossing my fingers. :D

SW:235
GW:215-220

fivestone
06-18-2010, 08:47 AM
The scale keeps heading in the right direction -- down! I'm going to continue drinking PLENTY of water. I'm sick of all the bathroom breaks but if it helps the scale move, then so be it!

I've been exercising most days, with maybe one off day a week. I'm not sure if I'm taking the day off or not. I have some things to do around the house, but if there is time before my husband comes home I may do Dance Dance Revolution on the Wii for a bit. That game really gets me sweating!

dcapulet
06-18-2010, 06:41 PM
So I've eaten well so far today, and got in 40 min of yoga. It's going to be a bit of a lazy day, so I really need to be on point with my calories.

On the upside, it's another beautiful day in southern california!

Abbyew
06-19-2010, 02:48 AM
Yay great job you guys! I decided to take my break day today I had to work all day and was very tired after only getting two hours of sleep last night. Ready to get up and workout in the morning though! Just keep telling yourself "NO" to the bad stuff and "YES" to the good :)

Great job keep up the good work!!

P.S. Dcapulet I am very jealous of you!! I just moved back to the midwest from southern california. Miss it lots!

dcapulet
06-19-2010, 10:30 PM
Abbey - I am out here only for the summer - I scored an internship. I love it, but will be returning to NY in August. How long were you in CA?

10 mintues of weight training (upper body) and a 30 min bike ride. I had some nachos for dinner, so i am a little fuller than I have been. It's been my first really off plan meal since I've been here (about a month) so I don't feel too bad about it. However, it's off to the beach tomorrow for a 14 mile bike ride, then to the farmer's market for all the yummy fruits and veggies!

Abbyew
06-19-2010, 10:56 PM
Great job keep up the great work!

Dcapulet - I was out there for almost three years. I went to school out there then moved back. My bf moved back out here with me though so I am sure we will be back there soon to visit his family.

Beach bike rides are so fun! The scenery is so beautiful those 14 miles will go by fast.

dcapulet
06-20-2010, 06:03 PM
Hi all - :wave:

Well, in spite of the great weather and views, my ride didn't go so fast - my tire popped! Thankfully, I was three miles away from my car, not more. But I can get it fixed locally, and it WAS a beautiful day out...

Then I got some great deals at a local farmer's market for some awesome produce. So that was nice.

So for today, 8 miles biked, 3 walked, and 150 min of exercise.

Abbyew
06-21-2010, 05:09 AM
Very awesome (minus the tire)! I went on a bike ride today as well it was very hot and humid though! I also did my slim in 6 video... this heat is really killing me though.

Farmers markets are great! I always used go to go Huntington Beach on Tuesday nights when they had theirs! Yummy fruits and veggies!

girlinterupted
06-21-2010, 06:05 AM
Hello:) could I still join the challenge? I think I'm a week late, but I'm very motivated:)
I'm a on a South Beach diet and I'm starting slow with my work outs, for now just 20 minutes a day ( I have this 10 minute work out tapes) and a 45 minute walk outside. I've never seriously worked out and what bothers me is that I really get tired REALLY fast - did this go away for you guys after some time? I think you've all had more experience with this then I do. For me for the last 2 it's been almost like I'm nauseated:dizzy: - I look like this:)

Abbyew
06-21-2010, 04:21 PM
Hi girlinterupted! You are more than welcome to join! For me its always the first two weeks that are tough when I am getting back into working out but after that initial period it gets a lot easier for me. You do not want it to get too easy though, or that means your body is really used to the work out. When your body gets used to something you will eventually stop seeing results that is why I like to change it up every couple of weeks (and strength train different areas of my body daily) so that I can see those results!

Until you reach your goal change it up and challenge your body. When you do reach your goal weight just keep a steady workout to keep the weight off and keep your body healthy. It is only in the "weight loss" or "tone up" stages where you really want to keep your body on its toes with tough workouts. After that just find some exercises that you love and stick with those to maintain. Hope this helps!

girlinterupted
06-21-2010, 05:22 PM
Thanks:) So just to be clear, I will feel sore the next day each time I'm working out and that is a good thing? I'm just hoping it will get a little easier over time, cause today taking the stairs was a challenge:)

dcapulet
06-21-2010, 11:32 PM
Hi all -

Girl - nice to have you here! :wave:

Today, I ate well during the day. I brought super healthy snacks and lunch today, and ate every one of them. Surprisingly enough, I was STARVING when I got home -something that has never happened to me before. So then I had yogurt and berries, steak, onions, and little rice for dinner. I then had a single serving molten cake, which is my first dessert in weeks. I still came within my limits, but I am really surprised at how hungry I was! Maybe because of the exercise I've been doing lately...

girlinterupted
06-22-2010, 11:09 AM
Hello all:)

Today I've worked out for 20 minutes + 15 minute stretch ( I actually got the slim in 6 tapes from my friend:) ) . I wish I was in a better shape, right now I'm very upset with myself after each work-out...

I'm eating within the South Beach Diet so an egg omelet with veggies for breakfast, some vegetable juice, a low fat yogurt as snack and still a lot of food to come:) I actually used to eat a lot less before this diet but all the wrong things. My weight is already dropping after 3 days but I know that this is probably the loss of water, so I'm going to take only the Monday weigh in results seriously. And speaking about water I really am having trouble with drinking 2l a day, and today I've read somewhere that it even should be 3 for my height and weight. I'm thinking about adding some herbal tea to that because that much of cold,plain water makes me feel rather sick then hydrated.

Abbyew
06-22-2010, 03:03 PM
dcapulet - I have noticed the same thing when working out that I just feel really hungary! It is good that you are staying within your limits though... it can be very tempting just to eat eat eat!

girlinterupted - Yes you should feel somewhat sore after each workout. You will find though it will not be as extreme though so dont let that frighten you away! Being sore is like your body telling you its muscles are working. Great job with the workout and dont worry I am still having trouble with them and I have finished up my first week! The slim in 6 is something that really is just a jumpstart you will see great results, but if you are like me and need to lose more than 15lbs you will more than likely repeat this program or move on to another one afterwords. I have actually decided to take the slim in 6 program and double it so for start it up I am doing that for 2 weeks, ramp it up for 3, and burn it up for 6. So, it turns into a 12 week program.

You ladies are doing great! Keep up the good work :) Even when you get down dont let that stop you!

girlinterupted
06-22-2010, 07:36 PM
Thanks:) I was just about to ask you about the videos and how long should I be doing each one, cause I know that I'll be at the Start it up phase for a while before I master it:)

Abbyew
06-22-2010, 09:36 PM
Yeah, if you are looking for fast results then you want to stick to the six week plan (that is only usually if you do not have a ton of weight to lose) if not like i said you may want to do another program afterwords or do this one for an extended period of time. Just do what you are comfortable in doing. The whole point is to get your body moving!

sarcruze
06-22-2010, 09:54 PM
Hey Everyone!! I have been going up and down 2lbs on my weight the last two weeks. Its frustrating me.:mad: I upped my calories to 1500 thinking that maybe I wasn't eating enough. I intensified my workouts so I am hoping for a loss soon so I can finally hit that 60lb mark. I'm only two pounds away. GRRR! Today all I wanted to do was just snack. But at least it was all healthy snacks. Most of my calories today went to snacking. I think I'm gonna start my Jillian Michaels 30 day shred video again. I only worked out to the video twice since i got it cos it kicked my a$$ and I couldn't move for almost 4 days afterwards.lol. But I'm gonna give it another try. Wish me luck. I hope all u ladies r doing awesome on your plans. Keep up the hard work! :D

pandaandie
06-22-2010, 11:00 PM
Where in So Cal are you guys from? I am in West Hills in the valley.

girlinterupted
06-23-2010, 05:00 PM
I'm from Poland:) I live in the capital - Warsaw, I study American culture at the Warsaw uni. The Jillian Michaels 30 day shred was a nightmare for me:) I was all inspired by the Biggest Looser and bought the video ( suprised we even had it in Poland) but I'm a long way from shredding with her, I still think she is awesome though:)
Today I didn't work out because my job suddenly took the whole day and I just got home at 10 in the evening - I think I'll make Wednesdays my day off since this is how it worked out, but I'm eager to get up tomorrow and exercise. And I did stretch in the morning, I think I'm gonna start each day with this cause I just feel so much better after I do that:) I ate all the right south beach stuff and even made myself a little low-fat desert - some low fat cottage cheese with a spoon of unsweetened coca and half a spoon of espresso coffee, plus a little of sweet'n low - mix it all up and you have a very tasty coffee cream:) I highly recommend it:)

Hope you guys are all doing great!:)

Abbyew
06-24-2010, 12:18 AM
I am doing great! Did my workout today... This is my last week of this video then next week I move on. I feel like I am able to to it with more ease, though it is still pretty tough. I have not had a chance to measure myself though because my studies have been taking up most of my time :P Sounds like you ladies are doing great though... keep up the good work!

I am actually from the mid-west but I went to school in southern Cali and lived in Newport Beach. I had to commute to LA though for a job :( It was a great experience but now I am back in Illinois.

dcapulet
06-24-2010, 09:29 PM
boy - the LA commute is CRAZY! but at least it's not Washington DC. I have never in my life been in traffic like there is in DC.

So this week has been NUTS with work. I have been mostly on plan, so it will be easy to transition into the weekend of fitness and eating well!

girlinterupted
06-25-2010, 07:06 AM
Hi all:)

I'm glad that I'm getting into exercising - I know it's weird but before I managed to keep up for like 3 days and make excuses to not do it and eventually stop.

I do have killer cravings, I'm trying not to be hungry by eating all the south beach stuff but I do miss bread a LOT, and once you start noticing there is sugar added to everything you like:) But I hope this time I will succeed. It's fun to read you guys talking about everyday stuff like traffic in LA or something. I'm studying American culture but I've never been to the States, so my whole knowledge comes from books, films and TV shows:) I'm planning to take a big trip after graduation, so my whole degree won't be based on academic texts:)

fivestone
06-25-2010, 05:22 PM
I've managed to exercise every day this week but one. I think tomorrow I'm going to kick it up a notch, and instead of chilling out on Sunday like normal I'll exercise, even if it's something not-so-hardcore.

I like my weight-loss to be quick -- I won't be satisfied unless I lose 10-15 pounds in a month. Maybe it's a quicker rate than most people would advocate, but I'm determined to lose it all and keep it off.

girlinterupted, where in the US would you like to visit? I live in Europe but I also lived in America and there are some cool places to visit. I hope you are enjoying your university classes. I hope this doesn't sound weird to say, but you have really good English. :)

dcapulet
06-25-2010, 05:24 PM
Girl - good for you with exercise. I know it doesn't come naturally to me, and it felt great when I finally accepted it and got into a routine. Where are you taking your trip?

dcapulet
06-26-2010, 01:41 PM
so i worked out with my resistance bands this morning - 10 minutes. That's a good start, but I don't feel like it's long enough. I'm going to research some routines so I can be more on target.

Also, I think I'm going to start Gillian's 30 day shred. I need to boost my commitment to exercise - I think this is a good way to start.

Today's goal: be on plan!

sarcruze
06-26-2010, 02:09 PM
dcapulet: I would definitely work out with the resistance bands a lil longer. They definitely do work your muscles out and u can really feel the burn.

dcapulet
06-26-2010, 02:22 PM
sarcruze - i feel the same way. i've being doing the 10 minutes for about a week, because I didn't want to do nothing. I'm looking up some routines that are about 25-30 min. If you know any, I'd love some suggestions :)

dcapulet
06-27-2010, 06:04 PM
hi ladies!

So i made it today - 17 miles on my bike. It was a good ride, and good day overall. Plus, I got some farmer's market goodies, so i got veggies for this week :)

girlinterupted
07-03-2010, 01:34 PM
Hi all:)

I had a challenging week, my Internet connection went down and they took their time to fix it. But it made me realize that I spend way to much time in front of the computer:) so I worked-out more are took walks, went out with my friends and even had a drink, but just the one;) on Monday my scale showed 5 pounds less:)

pinkprincess
07-05-2010, 09:27 AM
SW 274.2

WI's
6/24
7/1 274
7/8
7/15
7/22
7/29

I forgot all about this. Glad I found It. I need to get busy.

sarcruze
07-05-2010, 11:49 AM
So Far, I really haven't been exercising that much this past week. I've been going through some emotional stuff and its been taking its toll on me. I just need to get my arse to the gym cos it helps relieve my stress and pain. Besides not going to the gym, I've still been eating healthy. YAY!! for that.

SW: 235

6-18: 235
6-25: 232
7-2: 229
7-9:
7-16:
7-23:
7-30:

pinkprincess
07-09-2010, 12:50 PM
SW 274.2

WI's
6/24
7/1 274
7/8 274
7/15
7/22
7/29

Going to have to do a whole lot better if I'm going to reach my goal.

sarcruze
07-11-2010, 01:06 PM
6-18: 235
6-25: 232
7-2: 229
7-9: 226
7-16:
7-23:
7-30: