Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-15-2010, 01:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

Default 3 days away from semi-annual weigh in- help?

Okay, so I technically don't weigh in officially and record it for... 9ish days, but I do weigh every day just because I'm a spazz like that. I just like to do it. I recently got down to 178, then never saw it again (scale bounced up to 180 again) I figured it was water weight or something, and not to worry. As long as I'm there, or lower, in 9 days, I'll be fine.

I think it's muscle. That, or I'm not eating enough. I've been doing a lot of ab exercises lately, along with regular exercise.

Every day (besides yesterday, I'm giving myself 1 day off) I bike for 30 minutes. I also do either a Jillian Michaels or Billy Blanks tape (I do both his cardio and ab bootcamp). Sometimes two, an hour or so later. Depends on how much energy I have to burn off. If the weather isn't in the 80s, I try to walk to this store down the way, there and back is a mile.

I haven't switched over to "super healthy" yet because my dads laid off this week and we don't have any money coming in, so I have to make due with what's here. Here's my meal plan for today, for example:

Breakfast:
2 slices of toast + butter
1 glass of milk (the reason it's so little is because I woke up REALLY late today and knew I'd be eating again in a couple hours)

Lunch:
1/2 cup broccoli
1 carrot, sliced
1 celery, sliced (veggie garlic medley)
1 slice of bread with 1tbs cream cheese (just to try something different.)

Dinner:
1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
20oz noodles
1 cup meat

That totals me at about 1175.02 calories for the day, and gives me 300 (more like 301.something) to play with if I get hungry later on or want a snack. (I aim for 1477 calories a day)

I had chicken 2 nights ago and we're having it again tomorrow, so I'm getting enough protein. There's carbs in there, veggies, meat, and some not so great stuff.

So am I eating too much? Too little? Too bad of choices? Could it be muscle, or gained back weight from 2 days of losing track of calories and possibly under/over eating? Too much bread? (1 slice is only 80 calories)

Any ideas would be appreciated. Like I said, I still have 9 days to tip the scale, but if I'm doing something wrong I'd like to find out now and fix it.

Last edited by yhahmd; 06-15-2010 at 01:26 PM.
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:08 PM   #2  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

I mean, its so hard to say because we're all so individual.
Personally though, for myself I know I would at minimum stall out on 3 slices bread and that amount of noodles. Unfortunately my body is just too sensitive to sugar and flour products.

Some people lose weight exactly like a math equation- calories in-calories out for example. For others it may take a bit more tweaking. You could always try lowering your starches and replacing them with veggies, lean protein or low fat dairy and watch the scale.

Last edited by Natalia; 06-15-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

Maybe it is too much bread. It better be. The scale hasn't moved in over six days and I'm starting to get antsy. I still have a week left before my official weigh in but the scale definitely should've moved by now. I'm trying not to worry about it, but it's disappointing, of course. 2 more days until the end of week 1... we'll see what the scale says friday. If it hasn't budged, I'll cut back on the bread.
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 12:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

20 oz of noodles? Meaning 2.5 cups cooked pasta?

I'm not sure exactly how you are measuring things but I'm getting 955 calories just for your dinner.

I would definitely try to add in more protein (you should have some with each meal) and have fewer refined grains.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 12:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/125

Height: 5'

Your scale shouldn't move every day, not necessarily every 6 would mean anything. Weight fluctuates by 2-3 pounds on average because of daily body changes. You know this, cause you said so! So just keep in mind that you have to look at a long time trend. Much longer than a 6 day period.

Your stats show you've lost 7 pounds already. If you've found something that is working for you, be very careful in how, and why, you tweak it. Oh, and for reference: I'm similar in height and weight to you, and I'm losing at 1400 calories a day. Often a tad lower, but not by much. So I don't think you need to lower your calories.

Last edited by Gold32; 06-16-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Gold32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 12:26 PM   #6  
Jeri

S/C/G: 286/142.6/150/new goal 140

Height: 5-4

I agree that I can't really tell how you're measuring things - for example, what do you mean by 1 cup of meat? What kind of meat is it? More importantly, how much does it weigh? Is 20 oz of pasta right? that's a lot of pasta - is that the weight, 20 oz? Also, I don't see how you're getting nearly enough protein if that's an average day. There's a bit in the milk and then the meat, and that's all.
eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote