Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 06-14-2010, 01:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/169/140

Height: 5'9

Default Monkini vs. Bikini

Hey all!

Im in official swim wear shopping mode. Lol. I want to get a white swim suit. I am debating between a monokini style and a bikini.

I am 5'9 and weigh 178. I just lost 52 pounds. I have some loose skin that I am currently toning up with weight training. Need a little toning in my arms and tummy. I have pretty long slim legs that are slim. A little tummy. But hopefully by the time I get ready to wear it (4th of July) the tummy will be gone! Lol. I have somewhat of a big chest. I wear a 34C/d bra. I DO have a little back fat that I hate. I guess I have somewhat of an hour glass figure...

I was wondering if there is a specific body type that is best for the monokini. If so, do I soyund like I do better with the monokini or the bikini. I was looking at some monokinis online. If I were to get one, iwould not get one that is very revealing. One that is sexy yet modest. Lol.

Hmmmm....

Thanks so much!
SummerSlimmy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 147/121/118

Height: 5'4

I just looked up monkini on Wikipedia and it said it was a topless swimsuit! I don't think that's what you mean though, but there were swimsuits with cut away parts on there too. Personally I wouldn't be comfortable in something like that as I would imagine your body needs to be very toned or the fabric will cut into the flesh. Funnily enough I found bikinis to be more flattering to my body than swimsuits, because the swimsuits make your waist look thicker, whereas a bikini allows your natural curves to show.

You can't really tell what anything's going to look like until you try it on. Can you go shopping in person for this? I would definitely recommend it! I went last week, by myself, and it took me about five hours and tens and tens of outfits before I found some things that flattered me. It was a lot of work but it was really worth it!
Belease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 129/108/108

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

I'm not one for buying things online, either. I always spend all day shopping in brick-and-mortar stores just to come home with a small bag of things I think look really good on me. If I bought online, I'd be sending things back all the time.

I'm also one who doesn't buy clothes in anticipation of being a certain weight—because, again, even when you are finally at that weight, some things will look good on you and other things won't.

There will still be suits available in July—tons of them. If I were you, I would wait until you are looking like you want to and then I would go to the actual stores and try on different suits until you find the one you like.
Petite Powerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/169/140

Height: 5'9

You both are 100% right! I am goign to start looking probably the week of July 4th. thansk for your input. But I am thikingthat I will probably end up with a bikini of a mono. Just because it will prob fit better. Thanks!!!
SummerSlimmy25 is offline   Reply With Quote