Simply Filling/Core - Weekly Chat: June 14-June 20

View Full Version : Weekly Chat: June 14-June 20

Tejas
06-14-2010, 09:31 AM
:grouphug:

NEW PAGES!

Tejas
06-14-2010, 09:32 AM
Good morning everyone! A new week, another opportunity to do the right thing. :cheer:

Vickie
06-14-2010, 11:16 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm hanging in there. Going to see JC today. I'm hoping for a miniscule loss and not a gain.

I hope to be back later.

Nancy, you made me cry. I hope I would do the same. I'm proud to know you.

beach bum
06-14-2010, 01:01 PM
MOVED MY POST TO THE NEW ONE

Good Morning Ladies

Another Monday and my W-I this morning was a maintain.Realized that my calorie count is below 1000c a couple of days might bring my weight loss to a halt. Going to work on this before next W-I.

NANCY-The Atkins Rev Rolls are very easy to make they are made with eggs, cheese, & seasonings. Hope I can put the recipe on this thread,as its not a WW recipe.
[[3 eggs,separated,1 pkg splenda,dash of salt, pinch of cream of tartar[optional],3 tb cottage cheese OR ricotta cheese]
Preheat oven 300 degrees.separate the eggs,add sweetener,salt,& cheese to the egg yolks. If desired ad cream of tartar to the egg whites. Beat the egg whites until stiff[white don't don't slide when bowl is tilted] Using a spatula gradually add the yolk mixture to the meringue.use some parchment paper on a cookie sheet for easy clean up. Spoon the mixture on cookie sheet to make 6 rolls Bake 300 for 50m. The come out crispy,I put mine in the freezer and use as needed by leaving them out at room temp.]]

They are very tasty more like a sponge cake.

Nancy what a beautiful story God bless you for doing that.

RHONDA-Thanks for starting us up I don't know how,as I a follower not a leader.

VICKIE-Good Luck at JC.I'm sure you lost.

Vickie
06-14-2010, 01:30 PM
I lost .2. Not bad with my one day of indulgence.

ontarget
06-14-2010, 05:18 PM
Vickie, congrats on the loss. Iam happy for you. JC is working for you. That's great.

Rhonda, thank you for the new pages and upbeat start to the new week.

Maryann, congratulations on maintaining. That's a lot better than gaining.

I'm op. Life is good.

sloanie
06-14-2010, 08:50 PM
Hey chickies, I spent the day with my mom, sis, and neice. We did some bank business for my mom, ate lunch, then cleaned out one room at her house. We are trying to set a goal of one room a day with a few off here and there. DH took off this week to work around the house, so tomorrow I'm going to stay home with him. I have not been too bad with eating today, so that's good. I'm not going to beat myself up about food, I'm just going to try and steer clear of junk.

Vickie, I hope your worries are resolved soon. Obviously your indulgence did not hurt too much; congrats on the loss. You asked where my mom is going. That's a good question. There is a small house for rent just two houses down the street from me, so we are looking into that. Meanwhile, she has stayed with my sis some, and my DS has stayed with her a few times. Hopefully the house near us will be a good fit for her.

Angela, how awesome for your brother, and congrats to you on the weight loss! You go girl!!

Nancy, you are so sweet! I, too, am glad to know you!

Sandra, congrats on being OP.

Rhonda, I would have loved to see you hop into the pool! Isn't it great to act like a kid every now and then?

Maryann, I'm so happy that you will be spending time with your family. Sounds like you are an awesome grandmother to be planning those fun times for your kiddos.

I'm planning on vegging on the couch tonight. Hope you all have something relaxing planned, too. TTFN

beach bum
06-15-2010, 09:45 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Went out with my friend to a religious lecture,last night and I didn't get home until 10:30PM and than decided mot to hit the bed an hour later. Hope I will be able to function with all the things I have planned today to do.

Other wise nothing new,Going to walk along the beach,pick up my meds and than bake my rev rolls and than house work all the way thought the day. My sister is coming up the beginning of next week[3-4 days] and is planning to take me to a restaurant for my big 70 birthday,my friends while be there also. Than my family[DD DS DGC] is coming up at the end of that week and will spend 4-5 days with me,so the house has to be company clean. So its going to be a very busy for me,but I can hardly wait,to see them all,haven't seen them since Easter.

VICKIE-Congrats :carrot:your weight loss,any lose is better than a gain.

SANDRA-Thanks,I hope the whoosh fairy will come my way,have to check my food journal and see what I'm doing wrong.

SLOANE-I know the feeling for cleaning out the rooms.Its hard work and so many memories. Happy to see my family again,and I do have plans for the gang to enjoy. One or them a ride on the fairy to Martha's Vineyard.Another a day trip out to the tip of the Cape,and the other two days what ever they want to do.

Have to go and get my walking done.

ontarget
06-15-2010, 11:59 AM
I'm keeping busy watering. Other than that I'm just keeping cool and staying OP.

Sloan, I hope your mom gets the perfect home for her whether it's the one 2 doors from you or one somewhere else. (I'm really pulling for the one close to you, though. Do I get a vote?)

Maryann, I think we need company coming to get our homes really clean. I know I do.

I'm OP.

Vickie
06-15-2010, 12:19 PM
Good Morning Chicks! It's warm and humid here and no sun to speak of. Not good for warming up my pool. I'd love to be able to swim soon. Pretty soon I'm going to be forced to admit that the pool costs us more than it pays us back in fun.

I slept a bit later today which was much needed. Now I'm starving so I'll toddle off to eat some luscious oatmeal and fresh blueberries. I SO love this time of year. I also have some juicy cantaloupe to enjoy later.

Sandra, I'm proud of you for being on program.

Sloan, fingers crossed for your Mom. It would give great piece of mind for you to be able to check on her so easily.

It doesn't feel like a Tuesday. It feels like Monday.

ontarget
06-15-2010, 12:32 PM
Vickie, my days have been messed up lately, too. I'm not sure what today feels like. I'm just sitting here all dressed waiting on a call to go to the title company to sign some papers on land we're buying. I hope you get to enjoy your pool. They are expensive. I had one when I was in my first marriage. We got a lot of good use from it, but it was costly. Curtis and I had a hot tub in Montana but opted not to have one now. Sometimes we miss it but not much.

Tejas
06-15-2010, 02:05 PM
Hi All:

Nothing much new to report here really. We're still slogging away with the NS approach, trying to be more cheerful about it.

Sloan, my best wishes go out to you and your family. That's a good question Sandra asked, do we get a vote?! If so, then we all vote for peace for your mom.

On the pool front, we don't have one, but I love the hot tub, even in the summer. DH has had three of them and said he didn't want to be bothered with them again. But, I really enjoyed my neighbor's pool!

I'm doing some volunteer work today and tonight going to a meeting that my niece is organizing to have the by law changed so that people can have chickens in the back yards. No, we won't be having chickens, but she wants them, and I want to support her. What's wrong with a few chickens, I ask?

Rhonda

Vickie
06-15-2010, 02:08 PM
Rhonda, my friend has chickens and a donkey. She LOVES them and they are actually quite nice.

ontarget
06-15-2010, 07:27 PM
Rhonda, we love hearing roosters. Our neighbor across the road has one that greets the day. I'm glad you're supporting your niece. Let us know how it goes.

I'm op.

sloanie
06-16-2010, 12:18 AM
Hey chicks! I got some work done at school today. My principal was awesome about my missing inservice hours, and I got some other paper work done. My desk still looks like I left it on the last day that I was there. I could not face it today, though.

I also had a nice surprise today. Before my dad died, I had planned to go with some friends to an art studio called "Sips and Strokes". It is a studio where each participant completes a painting under the direction of an artist (the "sips" part of the name indicates that you are allowed to bring whatever you might like to drink during your session). Since the activity was the day after my dad's funeral, I was not able to go. My friend knew how excited I was to go because the painting was going to be perfect for my new dining room. While they were there, my friend spoke to the artist about me, and she gave me the painting that she created during the instruction. She even had each one of my friends add their strokes to the painting! I was so surprised and touched. I can't wait to hang the painting in my new room!

We went to look at the little house that is close to mine, and what a dump! It looks so cute from the outside, but the inside is very, very run down. It looks like my mom will just live with my sister until she can make solid plans. Meanwhile, I'm still so tired and feel like I am in a fog. DH told me (his dad died a few years ago) that it might be a while before I feel less "foggy". I've got to get off here, but I plan to speak to y'all individually tomorrow. Please forgive my rambling! :dizzy:

Tejas
06-16-2010, 12:21 AM
well, there were people at the meeting who knew what they were doing, so I'm optimistic about the possible change. We won't ask for roosters, but we do think that a few chickens here and there would be a good idea.

I've been a bit lazy the last few weeks on the exercise front, particularly cardio. I need a bit more motivation and will start looking for it tomorrow.

Tejas
06-16-2010, 12:25 AM
Sloan, we were posting at the same time. I'm sorry about the house, but what a wonderful story about the painting....fantastic.

You can be sure you'll be in a fog for a while. I think that we Westerners should have better rituals about death. The grievers should wear black arm bands for a month at least to tell the world "be gentle with me." But, be gentle with yourself.

beach bum
06-16-2010, 09:37 AM

Last night I got a call from the emergency sheriff office saying that our water supple has e-coli in it. They say to boil the water and buy bottle water for drinking brushing teeth etc until future notice. Its scary as I'm having company coming up here next Monday. Hope every thing will go back to normal soon.

SANDRA-I'm going to take it easy with the cleaning now that we have this thing hanging over us. Its getting hot and muggy,and I will do just a much as I can.

RHONDA-I don't have a pool either but I'm only five mins from the beach so,I really don't need one. Its cost a lot to maintain,don't need that at my age.

SLOAN-Ramble all you want we are here for you not only in weight loss but in every day life also. Sorry about the little house that turned out to be what you didn't expect it to be. I 'm sure you'll find something that will suitable for you and your mom.

Have to go the cable man is here trying to fix my up stair cable TV and I have to go out and get some bottled water.

Tejas
06-16-2010, 01:43 PM
Maryann, good luck with the water! At least you got a phone call.

So, this afternoon I'm back at it at the gym. I've been going to aquafit and to work out with Todd, but have not been doing much else and not much cardio at all, as I said above . So, this afternoon, I'm back on track. I'm taking DH out for a light lunch then transforming back into the jockette I am.

I am sitting on my screened-in porch watching the birds. Right now, there's a big Blue Jay on the feeder. Life is just grand.

ontarget
06-16-2010, 02:23 PM
Sloan, what a wonderful gesture! You will cherish the painting for sure. I'm sorry the house didn't work out and hope the perfect one pops up soon.

Maryann, that's scarey about the water.

Rhonda, I knew you'd be back in "jockette" form. I am so proud of you. Now enjoy your birdies. I did so this morning while I was outside watering.

Now I'm off for an afternoon at Beaumont Ranch for some pampering at Beau Monde. Life is good.

I'm OP.

sloanie
06-16-2010, 11:41 PM
Sandra, what is the Beaumont Ranch?

ontarget
06-17-2010, 12:37 AM
Sloan, it's a resort ranch that includes a day spa. They have a lot of activities there including reunions, proms, Friday night fish fries, and lots of other fun stuff. It's a neat place.

Tejas
06-17-2010, 01:02 AM
Yeah, it's really neat. You can look it up on the internet. I'm envious. DH and I have stayed there twice, and should go back just for more fun.

Today, I did aquafit in the morning and the evening and did weights with Todd. I pulled 100 pounds on a machine that you sit on and pull handles toward your chest. Not bad.

nancy237
06-17-2010, 01:32 AM
Had a Dr appt today and was told I need to lose weight...
It was a reality check because I think of it as
just 10 pounds but it is more than that..
Also found out my OB/GYN is retiring...
He has just always been there in my 20's,
through uterine surgeries , delivering my boys,
through menopause...

I was so bummed that I forgot to tell him how much
I have appreciated having such a great doctor..
I am going to write a long thank you and take a good bye gift to him..

I really need to get out of this inactivity/over eating / insomnia rut.
I drink coffee to wake up and use sleeping pills to get to sleep..
When Robin was in the hospital I sorta got out of that cycle and I
felt better with more energy..

I am going to try
Breakfast - egg white omelette
Lunch - protein shake
Dinner stir fry, salad ,seafood or kashi entrée .

Snacks - 100 calories of nuts or yogurt & fruit

beach bum
06-17-2010, 10:05 AM

We still have to boil our water,but not allowed to shower or bath.Going to be some smelly town.Surprised Seriously My friend told me that our water supply is in a park across from me,and the Canadian geese are the problem,is all full of feces,and they the Water Department know this so why didn't they clean the area so it wouldn't be washed in to our water supply when the heavy rains came. Did I hear this on the radio NO!!! Heard some people in our town taken to hospitals for having low amune systems.TG I'm still OK.

RHONDA-One of friends didn't get a phone call,can't understand why they missed her. Have fun at the gym.WOW!! you lifted a 100 lb weights ,that's fantastic,I'm lucky to get 5 lbs dummies to work for me.Gee! I haven't seen a blue jay in ages,I guess they not in our area of the Cape.

SANDRA-Its scary,but I will take precautions.Thinking about investing in a whole home water filter system so when this happens again I will be prepared.

NANCY-did the doctor tell you what weight loss plan he suggested for you to loss. Sorry you're going to lose you GYN doctor. That's what happening up ere doctors are retiring more than come here for there practice.

Have to go get ready for today's chores.

sloanie
06-17-2010, 11:16 AM
Nancy, how about another challenge? I, like you, am in a rut. I put on 7 pounds before Christmas, and have not been serious enough to lose it. I really think I've put on a couple more pounds with the ordeal we have just gone through with my dad. If you're interested, we could both weigh in tomorrow morning then see who can lose five pounds first. Maybe the competition will get us going in the right direction.

Sandra, a day spa sounds awesome. Did you enjoy it?

Rhonda, congrats on getting your groove back.

Maryann, sorry about your water. Sounds like you may not ever want to drink water from the faucet again. I'm glad you have stayed well!!

Today, DH and I will be working on the house. We still have to finish the tile backsplash in the kitchen. There are other small projects left to do as well. Not sure what we are doing today, but we have fun being together whatever we are doing. Have a great day, y'all!!!

nancy237
06-17-2010, 03:32 PM
Sloan..good idea.. I was 148 this am but I will weigh in the morning...

Mary Ann...he didn't suggest anything..just that we need less calories as
we age.. so I paid him to tell me I am OLD & FAT lol...
He did say studies show small changes like taking steps verses elevators,
parking farther when shopping have a good lasting effect..
I could walk to get my mail (down a 1/4 mile sloped drive) daily instead of getting it when I drive in... I'll have to think of others. I already go up and down
my stairs 20 times a day...

Tejas
06-17-2010, 04:25 PM
I'm willing to bet that if each of could stick to 1200 calories a day, with slight adjustments depending upon size and activity level, each of us would lose weight consistently.

Activity is great from my perspective. I feel better, can move better, have better balance, etc. BUT it's really about calorie control and eating the right calories...as we all know.

Nancy, I read recently that the body gets used to caffeine and coffee drinkers don't even get the kick they think they do. Have you tried 1/2 caf as an approach. I love the coffee and newspaper approach to the morning but almost always drink 1/2 caf. Increased activity does help sleep, that I know for sure.

Maryann, it might be a little misleading to think that I lifted a 100 pound weight. I pulled 100 pounds toward me while seated. That's easier. But, I could lift 100 pounds and did so recently when I picked up two of my great nieces together. My right arm has given me so much trouble though that I have had to go down to 5 pound dumbells for lateral lifts. I just can't lift to the side. But, my arm has vastly improved with therapeutic massage.

I noticed that the Mayo clinic has a new book out about aging. It should be good but I haven't bought it.

I'd be up for a challenge. So far today I've stuck to Nutrisystem but had a protein bar mid morning. I've eaten 830 calories so far today.

sloanie
06-17-2010, 08:47 PM
Nancy, I have not weighed for several days, but I will weigh in the morning and let you know the sad news :( I think the hardest things for me will be night time eating and "adult beverages". The summer is party time around here, so I will definitely have to be careful with the drinks.

Rhonda, I think I will do the 1200 calories. I love to use the SP site to track my calorie count, so I will probably do that. I also plan to do one of the Leslie Sansone walking programs tomorrow as well. I can't stand the thought of going back to school with this extra weight.

DH and I finished putting up the tile today, so grouting is next. Baseboards will be on the adgenda for DH. Hopefully he will get that done before he goes back to work next week. We are about to get on the couch and watch a movie. Hope you all have a great evening!

ontarget
06-17-2010, 09:33 PM
Sloan and Nancy, I'll be here cheering you two on. I'm still OP but am not weighing till 30 days are over. I'm hoping for a loss of some kind even though I'm not very active except for doing yardwork and archery.

Maryann, get that water filter. It will give you peace of mind.

I had jury duty today. The trial is now over. And no, we didn't hang anyone. :lol:

I'm op.

aghiowa
06-17-2010, 11:27 PM
Wow, I think I would starve on 1200 calories. :) As it is, I get 36 points a day. I'm not sure how many calories that works out to, but I'm willing to bet it's way over 1200. :D I know it makes my mom crazy that she only gets 20 points to my 36. I am younger, about 4 inches taller, and am exclusively breastfeeding my little guy though, so that's the difference.

We are getting into a summer routine here. The girls are a little frustrated at being stuck near home during little guy's naptimes, but they're being pretty good sports about it.

And, Miles finally had his 2 month well baby check (at 10 weeks) and he's 13 lbs, 12 oz, 24" long, and very healthy. :cheer:

I'm off to rest before bed. Nighty night!
Angela

Tejas
06-18-2010, 12:54 AM
Yes, 1200 feels like starving at times!

You shouldn't do it anyway, Angela, as you know. Great stats on the baby!

Vickie
06-18-2010, 08:42 AM
Hey Chicks! Glad you are all doing well despite life's trials and tribulations. I'm up early to go have blood work and a ct scan. I see the Nephrologist next week so it's stuff for her. Prayers that my kidney have improved or at least stayed the same.

It's hot and humid here. We hope to swim today or tomorrow. Wee Brodie will not like being left inside but there is no alternative.

Talk to you all later.

nancy237
06-18-2010, 11:25 AM
I was 146 this am.. When I eat salty I gain a few pounds so that explains the 148 yesterday. So 141 is my 5 pound mark..

Vickie.. Prayers today for all good results..

Angela..When I breast fed I got up in the middle of the night every night for an extra meal..

I have a cold my son gave me ..

beach bum
06-18-2010, 12:40 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Just go home from walking with my friend. We wanted to go for coffee but our water alert is still on. The e-coli is gone but they now say the bacteria is still in the water.Going to be muggy and hot, have my 3 a/c's going ,to cool the downstairs,and having a go, to get the humidity out.

Yesterday another friend of mine and I went to see Sherk,it was cute,and after that we went for pizza.Had to take bottle soda as the fountains were forbidden also.

We were suppose to play canasta this afternoon but my friend took ill with tummy aches so, we cancelled the cards until further notice.

Have to get my clothes washed some time today,and tackle my kitchen and bath floors also before I start watching the 2nd day of the Pebble Beach Golf Tournament at Torrie Pines.

SLOANE-Its horrible that the people of this town are going though this,when they had lots of chances to clean up[Geese feces] the area around our water supply.Why do they always wait until sometime happens instead of taking prevented courses.

SANDRA-I'm going to purchase one for I believe that its going to happen again. Looks like the officials are getting scared that tourism is going to be at a low this year.

NANCY-Sodium is my problem also,have to read label's contently.Hope you make your 5 lbs mark,getting hot and humid here and I'll be lucky if I can get the sodium flushed out without my water.Right now I have two bottles of water I have to boil some more.

Have a great day as I going to watch the golf tournament at Torrie Pines.

nancy237
06-18-2010, 02:11 PM
I got up and got a few things done but I am going back to bed with this cold today.. Just took an Alka Seltzer Cold (sp?)

Sloan ... Only up side to being sick is less appetite !!

blessedwithsarah
06-18-2010, 04:23 PM
Hi everyone, just thought I'd swing by and post. I've been stopping by now and again to read and keep up with everyone.

Sloan, so sorry to hear about your Dad's passing. Its been almost 2 years since we lost my dad, its a tough time of year. HUGS to you.

It interesting to read the recent posts about counting calories. I've been doing just that since April 25th, and in that time I've lost 16 pds!!!!!! WOO HOO for me. I'm almost where I was 2 years ago -- and it feels great. The "my fitness pal" site is what I've been using. It does add the calories for my workouts. So, where 1200 calories is my base, I get extra if I work out. So if I take a long walk I might add 200 calories. The base calories was determined by the site based on my "routine", age and current weight. It has an option to determine what you want to loose per week - I set it at 1 1/2 pounds. The one big difference is counting actual calories compared to WW points is that there isn't any free foods. If I have something that is high fiber but 80 calories, WW would say its 0. But its still 80 calories.

As far as sticking to 1200 -- once I got used to it its not bad. I eat tons of veggies and healthy protein. More fish now than before.

Good luck to you all if you switch!!

ontarget
06-18-2010, 04:55 PM
Paula, :woohoo: on losing 16 pounds! That's a lot since late April. You get kudos, my friend.

Nancy, take care of that cold. Congrats to you, too, for being down 2 pounds today.

Maryann, I hope your water probs are completely over before your family arrives.

Vickie, I hope you get a good report on your kidneys. Keep us posted, please.

I am sunburned. We worked in the yard today, trained, and set out a trotline in our pond. We caught 4 large catfish by the time we were finished getting it set. Those are the fish we're donating to the church fishfry. I think we'll be all right with eating them.

I'm op.

Tejas
06-18-2010, 05:05 PM
Hi All:

Good to hear from you Paula, and congratulations on 16 pounds since April. That's inspiring.

DH said today that NS is teaching him that he was eating too much. That's a milestone. He's lost 6 pounds, even with the cheating. I'm not going to weigh for another week.

I went to aquafit to learn that the teacher has been told she has to quit because she is allergic to the bromine in the air of the enclosed pool. She could continue if we were outside, but, we're not. She will teach spin cycle, which might mean that I will actually get back to that. I like her a lot. She is really sad because she loves the water fitness. But, it's quit or damage her lungs.

We're going out for dinner, and I'll exercise great control!

sloanie
06-18-2010, 05:57 PM
Hey chicks, I've been busy running around with my mom and sis, so I've not gotten one thing done at my house. DH has been doing trim all day. I have to brag on him and say that eventhough he took the week of for us to work around the house, he has told me that I should concentrate on my mom and not worry about things around here. He's my hero!

Nancy, I was 137.2 this morning. I went out to lunch with my mom and sis, but I was careful. I will post my food on s.... people later to see where I stand. I'll keep ya posted. Sorry about your cold, but I think I'd rather be hungry than sick ;)

Paula, congrats on the wt loss! That's awesome :D Thanks for your kind words about my dad. I remember when your dad was sick and then passed. It's tough, isn't it?

Vickie, glad to hear that you are getting to swim. It seems like you did not too much pool time last summer, so maybe this is a good sign. Prayers for your kidneys :hug:

Maryann, is your friend's stomach problem related to the water? I hope not. Try to keep cool!!!

Sandra, are you having to clean those fish? Yuk!!!

Rhonda, sorry to hear about your "water" friend. Maybe you'll enjoy the spin class just as well.

Angela, when I count points, I get 19:( , so staying at 1200 calories is not too bad. Breast feed as long as you can. It really helps with wt. loss.

I've got some things to do, so I've got to get off here. I'll be back to give Nancy a report on my calories. TTFN

ontarget
06-18-2010, 06:06 PM
Rhonda, you and Doyle have a good time tonight.

Tejas
06-18-2010, 10:28 PM
Oh boy, if I had eaten everything on my plate I would have had 1200 calories for dinner alone. But, I didn't. DH bought chocolate-covered potato chips! Can you imagine that?! He like chips, I like chocolate. There go the 6 pounds he lost!! ;)

I'm stuffed. Thank goodness I exercised today and feel a little virtuous. The restaurant was 4 star, 5 minutes from here, and on 4 secluded, wooded acres. It's very European and very NOT Texas. Loved it.

I put up new birdfeeders finally. Sandra, the one you gave us is holding whole peanuts for the Jays. It took the birds about 5 seconds to find the new feeders, but they're still mostly hanging around the original one, not far away.

sloanie
06-19-2010, 12:34 AM
Tonight we are watching "The Book of Eli". I'll post my review tomorrow. Has anyone seen it?

Nancy, I've had 1200 calories today. I'm kinda hungry but am resolute.

Night everyone!

beach bum
06-19-2010, 09:53 AM
HI LADIES:)

THIS WEEKEND IS GOING TO A A HOT & MUGGY ONE AS I GUESS THE A/C'S WILL BE OPERATING AGAIN. GOING TO TRY TO GET OUT TO DO MY WALKING EARLY ENOUGH.

THE WATER SUPPLY BACTERIA MIGHT BE LIFTED BY TONIGHT.DIDN'T PLAY CANASTA YESTERDAY,ONE OF THE GIRLS IS INFECTED WITH THE TUMMY/INTESTINAL VIRUS.

HAVE LAST MINUTE THINGS TO DO BEFORE MY SISTER COMES UP,AND THAN HAVE A 2 DAY BREATHER UNTIL MY DD ARRIVES WITH HER FAMILY.

NANCY-SORRY YOU'RE NOT FEELING WELL HOPE YOU COLD DOESN'T SPREAD TO ANOTHER INFECTION.

PAULA-THAT FANTASTIC LOSING 16 LB SINCE APRIL.YOU'RE OUR WEIGHT LOSS :queen: QUEEN.THANKS FOR THE INFO. I DO THAT ALSO SUBTRACTING THE CALORIES BURNED FROM THE CALORIES EATEN.BUT I HAVEN'T LOST LIKE YOU HAVE.:carrot:BIG CONGRATS:carrot: I'M TRYING TO EAT FISH ONCE A WEEK.

SANDRA-I'M HOPING FOR THAT ALSO,MY SISTER TOLD ME NOT TO TELL HER WHAT GOING ON UP HERE.SHE BRINGS HER OWN FOOD FOR THE KIDS AND HAS PLENTY OF BOTTLED WATER.THAT ALL THEY DRINK.

SLOAN-SHE BELIEVES THAT THE TUMMY/INTESTINAL TRACT INFECTION IS DUE TO THE WATER,AND HOPE TO BE A MY BIRTHDAY PARTY THIS TUES. BOTTLE WATER IS JUMPING OFF THE SHELVES,BUT IT GET EXPENSIVE TO USE IT FOR LAUNDRY AND BATHING. JUST USING IT FOR DRINKING.LIKE I SAID OVER THE BAND SHOULD BE LEFT BY TONIGHT:crossed::crossed:

GETTING HUNGRY GOING TO HAVE MY BREAKFAST,WILL BE BACK LATER

HUGS..MARYANN

sloanie
06-19-2010, 11:15 AM
Mornin' chicks, the movie was good but very violent. It was set in a post-apocolyptic time with Denzel Washington in possession of the only Bible in the world. Very thought provoking.

Nancy, I'm at 136.6 this morning. Probably a little water loss. Do you want to weigh daily and post or should we post our weights weelky? Hope you're feeling better!

Maryann, sounds like you are going to be busy. I know you are going to enjoy your company!

Got to get my busy day started, TTFN

Vickie
06-19-2010, 11:43 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Vicious storms went through here yesterday afternoon and evening. Thankfully, we kept our power. My BGF just left. Her power has been out for over 13 hours and she doesn't know when it will be back on. She just purchased hundreds of dollars of steaks that she brought over and put in our upright freezer. I tried to get her to stay but she went home. She may be back later. It's supposed to be in the 90's and humid here today.

I'm hanging in there. We went for my tests yesterday and ended up at urgent care for Jim. I'm glad that we kept our power and that all is well. I hope to get into the pool today. No swimming for Jim for 10 days. He cut his heel open yesterday and we were at urgent care for a tetanus shot, derma-bond, and antibiotics. He's a diabetic so we have to be careful. He cut it on a nasty, rusty door stop. He'd never had a tetanus shot the whole time we have been married and he says long before. So it had been 20-30 years. It was time.

So he'll help me get the solar cover off and then he and Brodie will lounge inside and play with toys. We are so blessed and lucky.

Hope you are all well. I hope to be back later. In the meantime, the BGF called hear at 6:00 a.m. and now I need a nap.

nancy237
06-19-2010, 01:17 PM
Sloan..I weigh daily but what is better for you????

I was 145.5 this am. / Doing just 5 pounds is great for me .. Seems more motivating...

My daughter wants to take us to a favorite steakhouse tonight for dinner for Fathers Day.. I may get the grilled shrimp & salad...
My family wanted to stop at a great burger place yesterday , but I ate 1/2
of a burger....

Other than that I am doing veggie omelettes, protein shakes and core dinners.
Snacks are lowfat cheese,yogart,nuts & fruit.

ontarget
06-19-2010, 01:52 PM
Rhonda, was dinner an early birthday celebration for Doyle? Sounds like ya'll had a great time. I hope he didn't regain his 6 pounds, but it does sound possible. Congratulations to you for making healthy choices and doing exercise. I'm glad you are enjoying your birds. We're doing the same. I was driving to Alvarado this morning and a WILD mama turkey and her brood crossed the road ahead of me. Amazing! I just stopped the car and watched. So did the car coming toward me. I was wishing Curtis had been there with me. All this happened about 1/2 mile from home so maybe they'll head our way some day.

Sloan, that sounds like my kind of movie. Congrats on the weightloss. You and Nancy are good for each other. Watching you two compete is inspiring.

Maryann, enjoy your company. Keep those A/C's running. We're doing the same.

I spent the morning with a good friend. This afternoon we're helping decorate our church for VBS. Later this evening we're going to a birthday party/Juneteenth celebration at a friend's. It's going to be a fun day.

I'm OP.

sloanie
06-19-2010, 04:41 PM
Nancy, weighing every day is good for me, too. We can post our morning weights then cheer or cry for eachother; what ever tha case may be. Right now DH has gone to get us a bottle of wine for while we are relaxing in the pool. I will count the calories.

Sandra, the movie was good, and as I said, thought provoking. I love the story about the turkeys. We have them here in our woods, too.

This morning I went to an artisan fair with my sis and neice. We saw so many beautiful things! It was sooooo hot and humid, though. I'm in my swim suit waiting to the wine to arrive then it's in the pool for me! See ya later :)

ontarget
06-19-2010, 05:06 PM
Vickie and Nancy, I didn't notice your posts earlier.

Vickie, poor Jim!! I hope he doesn't get an infection. I'm glad he got his tetanus shot. He and Brodie will have a some male bonding time while ya'll are in the pool.

Nancy, you and Sloan are doing great. I am loving keeping up with you two.

Sloan, have a glass for me. And have fun!!

Tejas
06-19-2010, 07:43 PM
Good heavens, so much going on!

I hope that Jim is better; the the water ban gets lifted; that those who can(and should) can stick to 1200 calories. I'm trying but not today.

DH's older daughter and her DH took us out for lunch. I had soup and salad. The younger daughter and her family are taking us out tonight. I'll do the salad and meat thing.

Sandra, our dinner out was to celebrate my first 6 months in Denton. Great story about the turkeys!

Wine and swimming pool sound great! I'm there!

ontarget
06-19-2010, 09:20 PM
Rhonda, sounds like ya'll are having a fun-family filled weekend. Enjoy every minute. I hadn't thought of peanuts for the bluejays. That's a good idea. The squirrels would get excited over them, too.

Have a great evening, everyone.

I'm op.

sloanie
06-19-2010, 09:49 PM
After the wine and pool floating, a nap was in order. DH is still asleep! I am surfing the net looking at craft sites. What a lazy day :)

Vickie, I'm sorry I didn't ask about Jim. Is he okay? I hope his foot heals quickly. Can he wear his shoe on that foot?

Rhonda, sounds like you are having fun.

Sandra, my sis was just telling me today about all of the birds she has in her yard. You and she are making me want to get a little bird sanctuary going myself.

Hope you all have a wonderful night.

ontarget
06-19-2010, 10:06 PM
Sloan, by all means get your place set up for birdwatching. I can't tell you how relaxing it is. Your day sounds like just what you need. I'm glad you were able to get some relaxation.

nancy237
06-19-2010, 10:42 PM
Vickie..How is Jim"s heel doing ??That will be a sore spot to stay off of...

Sandra..I have a bird question. I got a new hummingbird feeder and noticed a
hummingbird the first day trying to feed from it. The whole thing is bright red and it tried to find food around the top of he bottle instead of the spout..
I thought he would be back to try again but he never came back .
Should I paint it another color so they don't confuse the bottle with the
spout???

We went out to eat tonight and I did fair.. Salad/shrimp but did have a
Baked pot. I think I am okay on calories today thought because I haven't
eaten very much else today...

Sloan..sounds like just the type day you needed.

Tejas
06-20-2010, 12:29 AM
Oh yes, get bird feeders. Sandra is right, it is totally relaxing. It is also amusing. Today I watched two female house finches give one male house finch one devil of a time for a full five minutes. He took it on the chin, again and again. No doubt he deserved it!

Sandra, I put up a baffle to keep the squirrels out of the peanuts. I throw them a handful every now and again. The jays were simply pitching the seeds out of the feeder, and the bird people told me they were looking for nuts. The idea is to keep them busy with the nuts, as well as fed.

I told DH that I simply didn't enjoy NS and was doing just as well by counting calories and making my own food. I asked if he thought it would be unsupportive if I went off NS. He said no, that he would eat my NS food, and that I didn't support him by doing something I didn't like. SMART man!

So, I'm going back to calorie counting and eating the foods I prepare. I think it is simply the fact that NS is so processed that I don't enjoy eating it. I don't eat RAW, but I eat very close to it and I prefer as little processing as possible to make the food edible. When I see a mile long list of ingredients, I run. And, all of the NS cereals are heavily sweetened, which I simply do not like. SO, I'm going to drink lots of water, eat as close to 1200 calories as possible and join the "challenge." I'm sure I've actually gained over the last few days.

Well, I'm on a roll here. Let me tell you this story. The stained glass teacher posted pictures of her students holding their pieces of finished work. Most of the students are women...no surprise. Today, I looked at the pictures. My forearms are unbelievable, compared to the other women! They are bulging with muscles! AND, I love it! :barbell:

'night all!

Rhonda

sloanie
06-20-2010, 10:49 AM
Okay, I'm going to get some feeders. I also remembered that my dad bought a really cool bird house in Maryland when he and my mom were visiting relatives, and I've had it since my parents moved. I need to hang it, too.

Rhonda, congrats on the forearms. I know you are proud of all of your hard work, and by all means, join in the five pound challenge!

Nancy, I'm 135.6 this morning. I'm not sure what type of eating this day will bring as we will be celebrating Father's Day with my sister's family. Wish me luck! How are you doing?

Sandra, I'll let you know how the bird sanctuary developes. What type of feeders do you have?

Whether your dad is with you or has passed on, I hope you all have a joyful Father's Day.

beach bum
06-20-2010, 03:17 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Haven't heard any new reports on our water band so I guess it still into effect. My sister is leaving around 5 AM and will be here around 9 or 10 AM Monday morning. Had a bad night I just couldn't get to sleep after watching the UA open last night on TV, it ended around 11 PM I took a sleeping pill and that made it worse. Went down stairs and couldn't get comfortable on the lounge chair so I went back up stairs and woke up around 7:15 Now I must leave and get ready for church.Right after I'm heading down to the cemetery for fathers day. The place was getting crowded of of people were our section left a pot of flowers and than left. Excepting thunderstorms some time this after noon.Hopefully we get some relief, with some cooler weather.

SANDRA-put on the A/C yesterday afternoon and than all evening long,but the wind from the upcoming storm is cooling it off a bit. Have the front and screen door open for cross venation.

VICKIE-Sorry to hear about your DH cutting open his heel like that. When reading your post I get a pain in my heal OUCH!!! your poor DH TG he had a tetanus shot.

My back is hurting me again,hope it the humidity that doing it,and not what I had 2 months ago. Have a great afternoon I going to rest

See you guys later

nancy237
06-20-2010, 04:32 PM
Can't shake this cold.. Resting this afternoon...

I was planning to visit my son in Boone, NC Monday & Tuesday but I don't want to take my cold up there if I think I am still contagious. This is the first time since Christmas that I feel like I can leave Robin alone and he will be fine ..woohooo!!

Robin and I went to eat after church and I had 1/2 of an veggie omelet.
I feel so picky when I order an omelet out because I always have to ask them to sauté the veggies because around her if you don't ask they put raw veggies in it.

I was 145 this am. My scales drive me crazy.. At first I was 147, then 144, then
145. Our floor tiles are dimpled in our bath so I need to try the scales somewhere else..

ps..good job Sloan on the weight!!!!

ontarget
06-20-2010, 04:43 PM
Nancy, I don't really know what to tell you about hummingbirds except to tell you what we do. I make sugar water without any coloring. We tried the bought red liquid once and the hummers didn't like it; however, I'm sure others have had it work for them because so much is sold. I keep a liquid container solely for the hummers in the fridge. I mix 4 to 1 water/sugar. I have used a permanent marker and drawn a line for the sugar so I just pour directly into the container.

Rhonda,:cb: on your great nsv with the photo. I saw your arms. They are amazing. I am very very impressed with Doyle. He's a wise man. Makes me smile.

ontarget
06-20-2010, 04:56 PM
Sorry about this being a two parter.

Sloan, I mainly have flat bottomed feeders that hang by chains. I got them at Walmart for about $10 each. They have no roof so multi birds can eat at the same time. They come with a mesh bottom for feed but also with a shallow container that you can leave in them in case you want to make them bird baths. We do not use the containers. Our birdbaths are typical pedestal ones in flowerbeds. Our backyard feeders are hung in a dead tree. We read that birds like a dead tree in their environment--and we've found that to be true. We call our dead tree our "bird tree."

We keep a large metal garbage can (with lid) in the barn with blackoil sunflower seeds. I put out about a gallon of seeds a day most days.

We have our hummingbird feeders on the edges of flowerbeds. They are hung from shepherd's hooks.

Nancy, I forgot to tell you I keep my hummingbird container with sugar water in the fridge. I change the feeders out at least once a week.

Maryann, we can't open our house but would love to to get some fresh air inside; however, we are sitting on the front deck late evenings. Curtis is going to put his hammock on the back deck. When he does that, we'll probably use the back deck more than we do now.

Nancy, Sloan, and Rhonda, I'm enjoying reading about your successes with your challenge. Is there a prize involved? Just wondering.

We went to church then out to lunch with friends today. Now we're settled inside keeping warm with me running outside moving water every hour or so. Our water bill will most likely be horrendous, but our roses have made a fantastic comeback. Whew! Also, we have gladiolas inbloom and have a bouquet in the kitchen.

Other than that--I'm OP!

sloanie
06-20-2010, 07:47 PM
Hey chicks: we, DH and kiddos, went out for breakfast this morning for Father's Day. I had one egg, two pieces of bacon and one biscuit without butter. Around lunch time I indulged in some awesome crab dip that my BIL made, but I only ate a little. Tonight we are having hawaiian grilled chicken. As you can imagine, it has been an unusual Father's Day for me; the first one without my own dad to wish Happy Father's Day. We usually gather as a family, but my brother had to work today, and my mom wanted to be at home. We decided it was best to let her go home, but she will not be alone tonight. My son is staying with her.

Enough gloom! I hope you all are having a great day and are not eating too much.

Get well, Nancy!

ontarget
06-20-2010, 09:28 PM
Sloan, this had to be hard on all of you today. You're going to find that even little things will trigger emotions. I went a long long time before I could eat English pea salad as it was my father's favorite. Now when I eat it, I always think of him with a smile. It's turned into a good memory trigger.

I'm op.

Vickie
06-20-2010, 09:55 PM
Remembering the first most important man in my life. Me at 7 months old in December of 1956 with my Daddy. He died in 1978 when he was only 58 years old.

sloanie
06-21-2010, 12:13 AM
Vickie, I love the picture. Seeing it made me think of a few photos of my dad as a young man that my mom has. That makes me smile :) Thanks for sharing it with us.

nancy237
06-21-2010, 12:21 AM
Vickie..loved the photo..I need to find some of my dad.
He died on Valentines Day 1998. He was perfect as far as I was
concerned..

Tejas
06-21-2010, 12:28 AM
Yeah, Dad's day. Mine was far from perfect but he was honest, fair, smart, non-violent and loved me without reservation. That's really all that matters.

sloanie
06-21-2010, 07:18 AM
I woke up at 4 am!!! My mind was too busy, so I got up and put on a movie. I have a lot to do today, so I'm not very happy about being awake at this hour. Oh well, maybe a nap later :dizzy:

beach bum
06-21-2010, 08:34 AM

Up early as my sister is coming up early this morning. We're still on a water alert,and this Wed is going to be a week.They told us today that because of the tourist and more people in are area is going to be hard to bring the levels down to normal again. WHY OH WHY didn't they take precautions before the crowds arrived. Where are they brains!!!!!

Oh by the way at my W-I this morning I lost 1.5 being me down to 167.5

Leo would have been so happy that a man from his area won the US OPEN. It was a great game,but those greens were horrible,that why he won being a EVEN.

Have a nice week ahead will be back on Wednesday