Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-13-2010, 10:12 PM   #1  
lucysam77

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5"4"

Default ***I hate when someone ask me if im pregnant just because im fat!!!

Why all the people wants to know if you're pregnant and you are just fat!!! I hate this people.... I know i have so much belly but i never ask any woman if they're pregnant just because they have a big belly.... Some people are so stup***
I lost 15 pounds and I was so happy (I know im still overweight) but today when a guy in the supermarket ask me if i was pregnant i feel so bad... i wanna to dissapear.... Now im feeling a little bit upset and unmotivated.... please girls i need some support.
Thanx

lucysam77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:16 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I hear ya. When I was close to 300 pounds, I was working in a nursing home in laundry/house keeping...not easy work. One day I had been working extra hard and I was finally going around passing out the resident's laundry to them near the end of my shift and this little old lady came up to me and said "You're expecting, aren't you?" Of course I knew what she meant but I responded "Yes ma'am, I am expecting to pass out at any moment from all this work" And I went about my way . I am sorry this has you upset, try not to let it get to you too much even though I know it ain't easy
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 271/202/??

Height: 4'10"

awwwww
Don't give up. People are rude and stupid, put them on ignore. You are doing great!
kendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 235/212/180

Height: 5'2

oh **** no! people are so ignorant! don't they know unless they actually see the baby coming out they should never ask! lol don't worry keep your head up, if they ask just put them in an awkward position and say, "no im not. do i really look pregnant? oh no!" make em feel bad lol
shortstuff17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:04 PM   #5  
Graceful Loser

My mom has the exact same problem you do. She is just slightly overweight herself, but her apple shape, the way she stands, and the shirts she tends to wear have led many people to the conclusion she is pregnant. She has been asked this several times, from rude kids in church to random ladies in clothing stores. It really upsets her. Her temper is fiery so she usually retorts with a snarky comment of some sort, but there's no denying she gets her feelings hurt every time it happens!

I honestly think asking someone if they're pregnant is a dangerous thing, unless they are obviously about to pop! Even then it can tricky. I'm an open person and I don't mind chatting to a stranger, but when it comes to things like that it's best to keep your nose out of it!

I'm sorry people were rude to you. Don't let that distract you from how amazing you are and will continue to be.
Hamoco350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:42 AM   #6  
lucysam77

Thank you girls... I feel much better now....
Good luck!!! :-)
Old 06-14-2010, 01:38 AM   #7  
:)

S/C/G: 305/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8-1/2

Glad to see you feel better. First...theres just too many people whose mouths move before they think...its a commonality...dismiss it. When I see that people want to give up when they receive comments like this...I just do not understand. If I were to receive a comment like this...it would motivate me even more & quitting would not even cross my mind. For what...so I could gain back what I lost plus some...so the next time someone might ask me not if Im pregnant...but yet if Im carrying twins? No thanks.

Stay tough...you're doing good.
MissKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:47 PM   #8  
lucysam77

thanx
Old 06-14-2010, 10:18 PM   #9  
almost halfway to goal!

S/C/G: 150/139/120

Height: 5'4"

It's the silliest thing ever. My personal thing is not to mention a pregnancy until the woman in question mentions it.
I had a customer in the store a few weeks ago who asked me when I was due. I was wearing a cute summer dress and I thought it made my waist look small. It took all I had not to burst into tears, and instead I looked at him and said very firmly "No. I'm just TUBBY." He promptly left the store, and to be honest I was happy that he was embarressed.

I think people nowadays are just so insensitive and don't know when to keep their mouths shut. Just rude.
vesperpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:54 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 212/216/150

Height: 5'3

Oooh!! I HATE that!! I get it all the time. Years of yo yo diets have taken their toll on my belly. I usually just snap, "No I'm not pregnant. I'm fat.!" What makes it worse is that I want a baby but can't have one. Thanks for rubbing salt in my wounds there...lol
CrystalZ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:12 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 189/188/165.....165/165/155

Height: 5'5.5"

Oh yea, I hate that too....sometimes while I'm on the subway, I'll admit to not knowing to offer my seat to a lady, because she could be just like me (an apple shape), or be expecting.....so I look for other factors, like a protruding belly button, and if that doesn't work, then...I don't offer a seat.....but I would NEVER say to anyone randomly "how far along are you????".....ick, it's happened to me, and feels awful. I've always loved the ladies who can come out with a snarky response, and let it roll off their backs....still...you're working on getting healthier everyday...that's a good thing. So in essence, you're giving birth to a healthier you....
MissChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:08 AM   #12  
lucysam77

I know... isn't this awful!... I'm trying to not feel bad when someone ask me but it's really embarrasing...
Thanx for the advices. :-)