Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - Came up with a low points mock banana split!

tiniree
06-12-2010, 07:40 PM
Yesterday I was absolutely CRAVING a banana split. And it didn't help that here in AZ, where it is now in the triple digits, every other commercial if for Dairy Queen or Sonic, etc. advertising their ice cream concoctions! AHHHH :dizzy:

By 2oclock I was seriously ready to drive over to DQ and just say "To H$*& with the diet" and order the biggest, chocolaty thing they had.

But I am very proud to say I came up with a solution! I peeled a banana and cut it in half. I then took out a WW 1 points fudge bar and cut it off the stick onto the banana. Then I grabbed the fat free, 5 calorie Cool Whip and put a dollop on top :encore: . I was in heaven!!!!! I figured the points for the whole thing were 3 points. It satisfied my craving and I didn't feel a bit guilty!

Marie

llmw1951
06-12-2010, 07:46 PM
That sounds Yummy! May have to try one!

I tried the Hungry Girl Onion Rings today! They were Really Good!

Lavonn

Cglasscock1
06-12-2010, 09:15 PM
What a great idea! Gotta try that! Congratulations on coming up with such a creative solution!

MeganTheMushroom
06-18-2010, 08:42 PM
Sounds good, but not so sure about the WW fudge bars- mayeb I can just use dark chocolate and soy cream, Mmm...But i guess that defeats the purpose?

Raichu
06-21-2010, 01:54 PM
I did this not even a week ago for the first time with a Fudgesicle! It really does the trick for me! Another good trick to try - blended frozen banana with a spoonful of cottage cheese (I use Lactaid) and a couple blueberries... SOO good!

Also, Hood has a new frozen yogurt -- Mixed Berry and Vanilla - that I swear tastes just like black raspberry ice cream at only 1g of fat and 110 cals per half cup! So rich and so good!

cocomama
06-21-2010, 07:44 PM
definetly going to try your receipe sounds delish!