WW Clubs and Groups - #232 Bale of Turtles Keeping on Track!!!!!

Itryharder
06-12-2010, 11:00 AM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder
06-12-2010, 11:01 AM
Hi Turtles,
I started a new thread because #231 had gotten very long. Go back and check the end of that thread because there is plenty of good news there!
Judy
234.6/191.8/189 and closer to goal :cool:

Princess1122
06-12-2010, 07:58 PM
Hi All!

Well today is a rainy saturday, did not get any walking in today but I got my grocery shopping done, the laundry is just about finished and the house is clean for the most part. I made an extra large supper today and took most of it over to a friends house who's mom is in the hospital and not doing well at all, this has been going on for a couple of weeks now and my friend is showing the signs of stress and stain that come with a loved one being very ill. It was nothing special but I took over a pan of Poppy Seed Chicken, a hot vegetable, some fresh bread that I found at the farmers market this morning and a small pan of brownies... at least her and her family will have a warm supper tonight. None of it was plan friendly so I modified what I had here at the house for DH and I, there is just no way to make Poppy Seed Chicken low points so I did not have a ton of that... LOL.

I will get on the treadmill in the morning to get that done and out of the way then we are off to my oldest DS house for a Sunday supper with him and his wife... My contribution is a fresh fruit plate.

Kim: Good job on not having any soda pop! I will look for the frozen version of the fries... anything to save time on a work evening and still stay on plan! Thanks for the tip!

Judy: Thanks for starting the new thread! Have a great weekend! I was thinking about you the other day, I was out working in the garden, I did pole beans this year by mistake, I normally do bush beans but grabbed the wrong seeds this spring... well I was out there putting in some trellis type things and had to dig pretty deep to get the darned this to stay straight up. But I looked around the garden and with all of our rain out here and the hot weather mine is going nuts right now and I know you said yours was not doing so well. I had to chuckle a bit because I have radishes ready to be picked all ready. Funny how that works, one year mine does good and yours not so good, next year it will be the other way around :D

Cherry: How have you been doing??? It has been ages since I have talked to you, I hope that life is treating you well.

Bandit: I hope you are enjoying your weekend. Thanks again for the tip about TOPS, two of the ladies called me today to check in with me and one sent me an email. I think they are excited about having a new person join... I know I am excited about joining their group so it is working out well.

Have a great weekend all! I got killer strawberries at the farmers market today, they are calling my name!

KimL1214
06-12-2010, 11:33 PM
Itryharder~ Thank you for starting the new thread! I use Alexia All Natural Sweet Potato fries as they are the crispiest ones I have found so far.

Princess1122~ Strawberries! YUM! I live on a blueberry and raspberry farm, so I love the opportunity to have other berries as I have more then my share of blueberries and raspberries every day once the season starts. Sorry to hear about your neighbor :( That was really nice of you to make them dinner.

Today was another successful no soda day, making it Day 8! I also managed to avoid fried food and had a western sandwich (wheat toast, cheddar cheese, and egg with peppers and onions) with succotash. I got some new mary jane crocs the other day that I wore to work tonight and they were AMAZING! My feet don't hurt at all! I have a couple blisters forming on my heels, so I'll wear my sneakers tomorrow night, but I am super happy with how good my feet felt at the end of the night as I didn't even notice the blister until I took the shoes off.
Rambling!
Have a good Sunday everyone!

Princess1122
06-13-2010, 08:03 PM
Hi all! Happy Sunday to everyone!

Had a good weekend here, food was not so good, I don't think that I really ate over points but I don't think I made the healthiest choices if that makes sense but over all I did ok.

Got really exciting news today!!!! Went to my sons house today and him and my wonderful daughter in law told me that they are expecting a baby!!! Thats right, I am going to be a Grammy for the very first time... I am so happy for them and we are all thrilled.

Well that is all for now but I had to share my very wonderful news.

KimL1214
06-13-2010, 11:54 PM
Princess1122~ Congratulations!

Today was pretty good until later tonight as I had to make some salads for a BBQ we're having tomorrow. I wasn't even thinking about how many points I was using up by taking little samples. ARGH!
Hoping to avoid doing the same tomorrow!

Day 9 no soda complete!

Itryharder
06-14-2010, 10:00 AM
Hi Turtles,
Princess, what wonderful news!!! Being a "grammy" is unbelievable. It's a new type of love that you can't even imagine until it happens. I am so happy for you!!!! Enjoy every minute of preparation and when you see that newborn, you will be so enthralled. I'm so glad you let us know!

KimL, yeah, it's easy to sample when making salads, etc. You'll do fine the day of the BBQ. Was that Sunday? And remember, you're 9 days into the "no soda zone"!!! Weigh to go.

Well, my weekend was challenging to say the least. My weight is up, but processed foods with all the salt do that to me. I was tempted to start my day early with oatmeal and blueberries----and I stopped myself. Why? Because I wasn't hungry. There's no reason for me to eat if I'm satisfied. So, I'll tuck an apple into my bag when my dh and I run errands this morning and I'll plan on having eggwhites on one point bread when we return. That'll work. I'm sipping tea right now and so far, so good.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was fun, busy, and food challenged, but I did the best I could.

Hey Princess, wasn't your reception at TOPS outstanding? What a nice group of gals. That's how I feel about my WW group. They really are lovely people.

Okay, gotta run. Take it easy and keep on keepin' on to reach our goals!
Judy

bandit2
06-14-2010, 10:37 AM
Morning turtles:

Princess - Congratulations on being a new "grammy" - that must be so exciting. I am looking forward to that sometime in the future. Glad you joined Tops & hope that works for you. Sometimes we just need something new to kickstart us again. Good luck!

Cherry - nice to hear from you and hope you can get back on track.

Kim - nice job on the "no soda" - awesome, keep it going!

Judy - always the busy lady, have a good week.

As for myself, busy weekend up here. Spent Fri afternoon at trailer with dd & her boyfriend then went to Ribfest in the evening & ate way too many ribs, but they were delicious & then Sat night went to singles dance, so busy weekend. Rainy up here & heavy at times but I managed to get my yard mowed in between storms.

Really have to buckle down this week. My ladies group in walking tomorrow night at the beach, so get in some exercise there. I haven't been doing my regular walking at the centre & it really is making a difference in the way I feel. So, have to get back at having regular exercise.

Have a good Monday!

CherryAutumn
06-14-2010, 11:49 AM
Princess- congratulations on being a grammy.

Kim-Never gave you a proper welcome. You are doing a great job on the "no soda"

Judy- Its great that you did the best you could this weekend. Sometimes that is all we can do.

Bandit- That is great about you getting your walking in. Keep it up.

I am hoping for good news on my weigh in tomorrow. I have been so frazzled lately which makes me want to eat everything in the house. I am stuck in the house with three kids under 5 that are running fevers and one getting sick all over the place. Hoping in the next few days that it will get better.

Itryharder
06-14-2010, 01:09 PM
Hi Turtles,
Cherry, here's :grouphug: to get you through these next few days with your kiddies sick. Hey, your weight tracker is looking very good. I'm so happy for you and I'm wishing you a :goodscale: tomorrow at your WI.

Bandit, good to hear from you. Your ladies group sounds good. Glad you had a fun-filled weekend. Hey, I hear you about walking and then not walking. I've been so busy that I only walked once this week and I know that affects me in all ways. Today I'll walk come ....... or high water!
Judy

Princess1122
06-14-2010, 03:26 PM
Hi all and happy Monday to everyone!

Thanks to everyone for the congratulations! We are super excited about the baby, I have been hoping and praying for a grandbaby to be sent our way some day when God thought it right, so the time must be right!

I have to run but will check back later on.
Princess

Princess1122
06-15-2010, 11:01 AM
Good morning everyone!

Nothing much going on here it is just another rainy day... ugh. We have had sooo much rain here in the midwest that my garden is going to rot soon if does not stop raining and dry up. Food is going well this week and DS and I got a walk in last night.

Have a great day everyone!

CherryAutumn
06-15-2010, 11:34 AM
Official weigh in this morning. Last week after a 5 day vacation i actually weighed in at 246.2 and this morning i am down to 241.4 so i am down
4.8 Pounds
Now i am pretty much down to my lowest weight from the past 10 weeks. Hoping to keep moving downward.

Clever Tessa
06-15-2010, 12:31 PM
Good morning! May I submit my application for Turtledom?

I've lurked and posted at a couple other forums and there's just not been enough activity. I was on 3FC yeeeeears ago and a couple years ago life got nutty and I didn't fall, but leaped off the wagon. I have returned because I really do miss the support, friendship, feedback and accountability.

Weight-wise - I'm an ex-WW leader, just returned back to WW (after finding a great leader finally) and because of other factors I'm feeling hopeful for the first time in a long time that this juuuust might be the last time I'm going to have to do this. Maintenance would be a lovely thing to learn!

I say I'm hopeful because this is the first time that weight loss is just the bonus side effect of everything else I'm changing in my life (hence my relating to turtledom). I turned 40 in January and it was like a lightbulb went off - I craved clarity, simplicity and calmness in my life. That has required a LOT of inner searching for what's actually broken (I know how to lose weight - let's learn why it keeps coming back on), dealing with past hurts that I've ignored and discoveries about myself and who I am. It's been hard - sometimes very hard - but let me tell you it's also been very freeing to feel something - instead of eating instead and the epiphanies far outweigh the difficulty. I feel like this year so far has been an advanced lesson in Tes 101. Ha, I'm getting a PhD in ME! LOL!

I've also been reading Women Food and God by Geneen Roth - which came into my life at a freakishly good time.

So, if you add in slightly goofy, happily divorced, living in the middle of nowhere on 5 weedy acres, mom to three "fur babies", Auntie (and recently great-Auntie), part owner of the family business (mechanic wrangler and office dictator), spiritual but not religious, reader, scrapbooker, movie fiend and friend to my treadmill and eliptical - that would be me!

I look forward to getting to know you guys!

(p.s. Princess, congrats! My brother became a grandpa in Nov. and I'm not sure who's more thrilled - my neice or him!)

Happy Tuesday,
Tessa :carrot:

bandit2
06-15-2010, 01:47 PM
Hi turtles:

Princess - we have also had rain off/on for the last week, but not so much that it is a problem. We certainly needed it. Hope your garden survives.

Cherry - awesome weight loss this week! Keep it up - you are doing great!

Tessa - WELCOME to our group. I am sure you will fit right in - nice mix of ladies here with really good tips & inspiring wisdom & we always like new ideas, so feel free to jump right in! Good luck on your journey.

Judy/Lauren - hope you are having a great week.

Tonight, off walking at the beach with my ladies group then catch up with everyone during coffee afterwards, so should be fun evening.

Princess1122
06-16-2010, 08:14 AM
Good Morning all and Happy Wednesday to everyone!

Tessa: Welcome to our group, you sound like you will fit in here just fine!

Bandit: How did you walk go last night? A walk on the beach sounds heavenly!

Cherry: Great job on the weigh in! congrats that is fabulous!

Judy: How are you doing this week so far? Did you go to Tuesday W/I?

Kim: Great job on the not drinking soda! That is wonderful!

Not much is new here really... just chugging along. I looks like I will be able to mow the yard tomorrow after work but before my W/I so I will get in some exercise and hope that it helps like it did last week... LOL. The hot muggy weather here makes me sweat while mowing so maybe that will help too :)

Going to grill some chicken for supper tonight with a salad and a side of rice so at least I have that planned out.

Have a great day all!
Princess

KimL1214
06-16-2010, 10:37 AM
Itryharder~ The BBQ was on Monday for our students. A lot of them donít have much at home, so we try to feed them as often as possible.

bandit2~ How did your walk go on the beach? I wish there were a beach around hereÖ

CherryAutumn~ Thank you for the welcome! A 4.8 pound loss! That is amazing! Congratulations!

Clever Tessa~ Welcome!!!

Princess1122~ How is your garden now? Has the rain stopped long enough for it to dry out?

Sorry I havenít been on for a couple of days. I had a fight with my momís computer on Monday and lost, and then had to work at school until 4:30 yesterday and then at the restaurant until 10. I ordered a burger for dinner last night and asked for them to put it on wheat toast, but they didnít. And due to getting three tables right after I ordered my food, my burger was cold anyways. I should have been a pain and sent it back in for the wheat toast, but I was a wuss and didnít. Instead I ate it as is and ordered 3, yes 3, sides of grilled squash and zucchini (which was AMAZING!). I am now on day 12 of no soda, and am starting to find it a lot easier to resist temptation! Happy Wednesday!

Clever Tessa
06-16-2010, 12:44 PM
Good morning all!

Thank you for the welcomes! I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone. :)

Last night was the end of my first week back to WW for the, um, I think 5th time? I was down 5.4 pounds - the first week is always pretty sweet. Had a couple non-scale victories (nsv!) - the biggest was that I had a huge blowout with one of my employees after he pulled a truly bone-headed move and didn't run for the fridge after - and didn't even realize I didn't run for the fridge until the day *after* the blowup. That's huge for me... typically stress is a trigger (like it is for 99.99% of emotional eaters). Instead of eating I ranted, sure, but ranting doesn't make your butt big. :p

Lookin' forward to another week - my ultimate goal is to be below 200 by my trip to CA in August. So, 15 pounds in 8 weeks? I think that just might be doable!

Bandit - I'm jealous... I moved to central Oregon from the SF bay area and miss the ocean horribly. I've gone to the Oregon coast a few times, but there's a HUGE range of mountains (aka the Cascades, LOL!) that kinda blocks my view!

Kim - Bravo on the soda! Both my best friends are soda fiends and struggle with what you've gone through.

Have a great week all, I should go get some work done!

Tes

bandit2
06-16-2010, 12:56 PM
Hi turtles:

Princess - nice job planning ahead for your dinner, its those changes that make all the difference at the scales.

Kim - you are doing great with your soda control. Good for you!

Tes - WOW, that is a big weight loss, nice job!

My walk was really nice - it was a beautiful sunny evening perfect for walking near water. Lots of people with their dogs so that was nice to see how excited they all get running around. Afterwards we had coffee & nice chat with the ladies to catch up on everyones busy lives. Super group.

So, hope everyone has a great week. Made a big greek salad for my lunch to change that up & will also have 1/2 toasted english muffin with that.
Anyone make anthing really yummy lately?

Have a great day!

CherryAutumn
06-16-2010, 01:34 PM
Wow there has been a lot of posts since I last checked. Kiddies still not feeling well and are laying around looking miserable. The baby who is almost 1 does not want to be put down whats so ever.:dizzy: Going batty here on the home front.

Tess- Welcome. Didnt even know we had a new turtle.:D Hope to get to know you better.

Bandit/ Princess/ Judy/ and kim- Just going to say a group Hi. I will try to get back soon to read more posts and hopefully get to post myself.

Clever Tessa
06-16-2010, 04:51 PM
Cherry, Sorry to hear about the sick kiddos! Hopefully all is well soon - sounds like you deserve a nice, long bubble bath! (ya know, soak the sore hip the baby's been sitting on, LOL!). Thanks for the welcome too! :)

I did actually make something yummy recently, but it was so stinkin' simple it seems crazy to post.... It was just a taco salad - I have one of those thingies you can put a tortilla in and bake it to create a crisp shell (bowl). Spooned in some heated Taco Bell fat free refried beans (mixed with salsa and diced onion), a few heaping handfuls of romaine lettuce, grape tomatos, a few ounces of grilled chicken and a dollop of fat free sour cream and salsa o' plenty. Didn't even miss the cheese (Hello my name is Tessa and I'm addicted to cheese - oh, and peanut butter, oh, and Jr. Mints - total crack).

So, no big whoop of a recipe, but I'd forgotten about this tasty dinner and now I'll put it back into the meal rotation.

Ok, back to work!

Tes

Itryharder
06-16-2010, 09:40 PM
:welcome3: to Tessa, you're a lively addition to this group! Yay! Hey, and :goodscale: to you for such a great weight loss! Weigh to go.

Gals, I don't have a minute to write, but :goodvibes: and :grouphug: to all of us. I managed to read everyone's posts and we're doing great.

Today was my grandson's graduation from kindgergarten and we made a full day of it. I weighed in at my mtg. this morning but couldn't stay because we decorated his house while he and his parents were at the ceremony. I was up .2# this week which was a great accomplishment considering how many special activities we had and how I was only able to squeeze in :tread: on two days. crazy!
Gotta run but will chime in again soon.
Judy
234.6/192/189-----I will get there LOL

Princess1122
06-17-2010, 08:49 AM
Morning all!

Did the grilled chicken last night, it was wonderful. Not really sure about tonight since it is W/I for me, most likely grab something easy when I get home from my meeting.

Judy: Congrats on your W/I, that is wonderful and the .2 was most likely fluid so great job!

Kim: Yep, it finally has stopped raining but supposed to start again this weekend... the garden is super wet and now with all the rain it is full of weeds, ugh! Oh well, it will give me something to do and keep me busy and out of the kitchen as I weed the garden :D

Tessa: I love cheese and PB too! I love most foods, LOL, guess that is why I am a WW and most likely will be for life ;) Your taco salad sounds awesome and just the right thing for a hot summer night!

Bandit: No new recipes here really, I need to get on the ball and try some more from TBL book or some of my WW books. Walk on the beach and coffee with friends... what a wonderful evening that must have been!

Cherry: Hope your kids feel better soon, I know how draining that can be on a mother. Take care of yourself!

Have to run but have a super day all!

Clever Tessa
06-17-2010, 12:29 PM
Happy Friday eve! :carrot:

Thanks for the enthusiastic welcome Judy! LOL! Lively.... yeah, my Mom would just call it nutty - my Dad used to follow my Mom through the grocery store hunched over and limping like Quasimodo saying "yessss master" when she was pregnant with me - and she claims I inherited his sense of humor. BAH! So, occasionally y'all may need to forgive The Far Side in me.

And that .2? Heck, I'd call that maintenance to be honest with you. With a bunch of special things going on that's awesome. The grandson's party sounds so cute too!

Princess - The salad was good for warm weather, of which we have had 6 days of so far this year! Yes, we have a freeze warning this morning and I was greeted by frost when I walked out the door. Apparently central Oregon doesn't deserve Spring. Brrrrrrr..... Well, I guess it'll make for good snowshoeing in the winter. I can't believe it's mid-June and I'm still looking up soup recipes!

If anyone knows how to shoo rabbits please let me know. The little @#%$&@ pests have dug under my house AGAIN. They did it in November and caused my pipes to freeze (they removed all the dirt from around the water pipe coming in from my well and exposed it to -10 temps). I tried chicken wire with huge rocks on it - but now they've dug more holes and the rocks are just falling down in the holes. I'm going to try coyote spray.... If that fails, I'm making a nice bed for our 100 pound Chocolate Lab "puppy" (he's 2) under the deck by Rabbitville. I'm sure he'd like to play with the bun-buns.

If I start talking about recipes for rabbit stew, you'll now know why.

Have a great day everyone!

Tes

Princess1122
06-18-2010, 08:29 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Friday to you all! Love Fridays!

W/I went really well last night... I was down 2.2, I will take it! This week I hope to do even better and get more exercise in so we will see how it goes. Sunday we will most like cook out for Fathers Day but have not decided what is actually on the menu yet.

Tessa: It is super hot here in the midwest for this time of year... we will be in the 90's again this weekend... ugh! Good luck with the bunny issue! Your reference to Quasimodo made me laugh... I love to refer back to stuff that was said and done in the "Young Frankinstien" movie... LOL! One of my all time favorites for a good laugh!

Have to run but take care and have a great weekend everyone!

Itryharder
06-18-2010, 09:42 AM
Hi Turtles,
I have no cure for shooing rabbits away. The little furries are eating all my plants. Ugh. We didn't plant much this year---just a couple of tomato plants which are giving up the ghost. We finally had some rain which the weathermen have been threatening for the last three weeks and it did the plants a lot of good. Impatiens and petunias are looking up and my new miniature daylillies are gorgeous! Also my Stella Dora lillies are beautiful. They are supposed to bloom again later in the summer, so I've got my fingers crossed.

Princess :goodscale: You're right back in the groove of good weight losses. Weigh to go! Yay and :cheer:
I like your idea of BBQ for this weekend.

My ds and his family are coming in to stay with us for the weekend. It's going to be take out food, but I've decided to make a simple jambalaya in my crockpot for me and anyone else who wants to stick to their eating plan. I can't afford to throw this weekend away with poor food choices.

Tes, wow, I am glad to know someone from Oregon. Sounds like your weather is wild! keep up the good work with your eating. You're doing great.

Bandit and Lin and Lauren and Cherry and LinK :goodvibes: and :grouphug:
I've gotta run and shop for food for this weekend, but everybody have a good one!
Judy
234.6/192/189 by hook or by crook! :cool:

bandit2
06-18-2010, 11:00 AM
Hi turtles:

Sounds like everyone is coping with weight loss and doing great at the scales.

Princess - nice loss! Keep it up

Judy - they shouldn't even mention .2# - that just makes me mad when that happens - it is nothing!

Tess - my mom had bunnies problem and she bought one of those plastic frogs that croaks when someone walks past & the bunnies have disappeared.
It scared them and they were running all over the place. Worked for her!

Hot day up here so I am cutting my grass early and then heading up to the lake, will be nice to be up near the water. I made chicken caccitore last night and served over spaghetti squash - turned out really good & so easy.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Clever Tessa
06-18-2010, 04:25 PM
Happy Friday!!!!

Well, my Mom bought some Liquid Fence for rabbits for me (well, for the rabbits, I'm sure it won't keep me out of MY home). Let's see how that goes... My Dad keeps making Elmer Fudd jokes - it's getting kinda old. (where's the smiley for laughing my butt off, but with sarcasm?) :\

Bandit, that is fantastic idea!!! Made me laugh out loud, but you know, it just might work! Wonder what my cats will do when they hear ribbiting outside? HA!

Princess, big ol' congrats on the loss this week! :D Another freeze warning here this morning - I'm in the high desert (yes, the seemingly mythological desert in rainy Oregon), but even for us this is crazy weather. Oh, and I guess you could call me "Abby Normal" then? LOL!!!!

Judy, yup, almost dead center of the state, east of the Cascades. Moved here from the SF area. Went from a town of 180,000 to one of 4,000 (if the Snowbirds are home). "Culture shock" is an understatement! Enjoy your time with your son this weekend!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Tes

KimL1214
06-19-2010, 01:53 PM
Clever Tessa~ 15 lbs. is totally doable!!! 5.4 lbs. in one week is great! That taco salad sounds super yummy, I might just have to steal that! Cats will chase rabbits away as well, as they are a natural predator. Are your cats outdoor cats? My dadís not here right now, but Iíll ask him what he did to keep the rabbits from the berry farm when he gets back.

bandit2~ Iíve been making a super yummy buffalo chicken wrap recently for lunch, toasted and super yummy! How was your day at the beach?

CherryAutumn~ How are the kids feeling today?

Itryharder~ Congratulations on your grandsonís graduation! Great job planning ahead for the weekend to stay OP!!!

Princess1122~ What do you have in your garden? I have corn, green peppers, banana peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, beans, potatoes and red peppers. My green peppers are already pretty big! Congrats on 2.2lbs!!!

My parents vacation to Maine is over today, so I should be seeing them shortly. I still have some quick cleaning up to do, but I was pretty good about keeping things neat, so Iím not overly worried if they get here before I can spruce everything up. Iím getting ready to make some buffalo chicken wraps, then relaxing a little bit before I have to go to work! Happy Saturday everyone!

bandit2
06-20-2010, 10:50 PM
Hi turtles:

Weekend was busy, but good. Went up to lake and my dd and her bf came up & we went down to the outdoor bar area and they had live entertainment for a few hours, so that was fun.

Tess - good luck with your rabbits, always something to deal with.

Kim - your chicken wrap sounds great, will have to try that very soon.

It was hot up here today but we still enjoyed ourselves. My dd was here and my ex came over for Fathers Day & I visited with my mom & stepdad early in the day. So lots of activity here.

This week is our last official Tops meeting for the summer. We still have weigh in only and I found that was really tough for such a long time not to have meetings, I might suggest maybe going for coffee after our weigh ins, just to chat with the ladies and try and keep our motivation up. Will see how that goes.

Princess/Judy - hope you also had a great weekend.

Lets all have a successful week at the scale!

KimL1214
06-20-2010, 11:34 PM
bandit2~ Sounds like a CRAZY :dizzy: weekend! Good luck with your weigh in this week!

My weekend has just started as I have Monday and Tuesday off this week. Which means, lots of lawn work, moving, and all kinds of other fun things that will completely fill my days. I am really looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow though, especially since my brother helped put my AC in today, so I won't spend the whole night sweating!
Have a great week everyone!

Princess1122
06-21-2010, 08:37 AM
Good morning everyone! The weekend was fairly nice here but hot and muggy. Fathers day went well yesterday but over all the weekend was not good on my eating, I will have to try harder on the weekends to make better food prep, etc.

I will have to stop back later to do replies to everyone since I got a late start this morning and have to get my butt moving.

Have a great day!

Itryharder
06-21-2010, 10:37 AM
Hi All,
Yeah Princess, me too. Even though I planned and prepared, Sunday was a bigger challenge than I needed. I ate throughout the day and it was tough. To make matters worse, my dh has been called back to the doctor's office for an appt. today to discuss his lab results. Not fun and I'm already eating over it. Okay, now I stop! I promise. I'll count in the points I've used and turn this day around. I cancelled going to my book club so I can keep him company and we'll both feel better. (Not to worry----it's just stuff that he needs to deal with a little better. I don't want you Turtles thinking it's drastic or anything and I don't want to get too personal on the internet)

The weekend was great. The kids and grandkids all were happy to see each other and get together. I loved having them all here. My dh was happy that they were all here for Father's Day and it made for a really good weekend.

WI is Wednesday and I'll step on the scale then and not today. You all keep on keepin' on. What I have to realize is that I will have slips now and then. It's okay because my bottom line is moving downward, and I can do this. I will break through 190# and you'll all be there to cheer me on. :cheer:

By the way, I made a shrimp Jambalaya that was mostly rice (I'd cut back on that in the recipe and try it again---more veggies, less rice) that was in the crockpot. I chopped the veggies two days before, put them in a zip-loc container in the fridge, made the spice mixture and put that in with the veggies, and only had to add broth and canned tomatoes to the crockpot---extremely easy for company----last 45 minutes added rice and then 1# cooked froz. shrimp and it was ready. 6 points per cup but with less rice it would be less----okay---I'll print the whole recipe if anyone wants it)

Hey, buffalo chicken sounds good. How do you make it?

Gotta run. See you all at the :goodscale:

Bandit, your idea to stretch out TOPS support is a great one. I hope some of your buddies take you up on the coffee idea.

Princess, isn't it weird how these weekends can weaken our resolve? We'll get it yet. In the meantime you're doing great!
Judy
234.6/192/189 and closer to goal :cool:

CherryAutumn
06-21-2010, 12:35 PM
Judy- I would like to hear your recipe for the shrimp jambalaya. I love shrimp and i do like to use the crockpot especially in this heat.

Tessa, Kim, Bandit, Princess, and LinS- Hope i didnt forget anyone. The kids are a little better. There heads seem to be clearing up. No more fevers. Still some coughing going on though. Definately could use a hot bubble bath and a good book.

Itryharder
06-21-2010, 01:19 PM
Hi Turtles,
Here's the Shrimp Jambalaya Recipe.
I'll give you the original, but I think the rice could be cut in half. I'm also taking out the turkey sausage since I don't care for it and it just adds points.
So, with all that in place, here's the recipe. LOL :chef:

Serves 6: 3 points each
SHRIMP JAMBALAYA (crockpot style)

2 medium onions, chopped
2 celery stalks, sliced
1 large bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
6 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes w/ basil, oregano, and garlic
2 t. Creole seasoning *****see below
1cup converted white rice
1# medium shrimp, peeled and deveined

Makes 6 servings, (4 points each)
1. Place onions, celery, bell pepper, garlic, broth, tomatoes, and Creole seasoning in 5-6quart slow cooker.
Cover and cook until vegetables are tender, 4-5hours on high or 8-10 hours on low.
2. About 50 min. before cooking time is up stir rice into slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH until rice in tender (about 45 min)
3. About 15 min. before rice is done, stir in shrimp. (I used 1# small shrimp already cooked and peeled and it worked out fine)

CREOLE SEASONING
Combine 1/2t. paprica, 1/2t. salt, 1/4 t. pepper, 1/4t. garlic powder, 1/4t. onion powder, 1/4t. cayenne.

This sounds complicated, but it's really not. And it keeps for a looooong time on low in the slow cooker making it great for a buffet where people might be eating at different times. (Mine got a little dry looking, so I added another can of tomatoes and stirred that in and it worked out fine.)

Gotta run.
Judy
234.6/192/189 and determined to beat 190!!!! :cool:

Clever Tessa
06-21-2010, 02:00 PM
Mornin' Turtles!

I may be a little scarce this week - my Mom (also my co-worker, ya know, the whole family business thing) is gone for the week on her annual wagon train trip (yes, with actual covered wagons) and I'm holding down the fort solo - including feeding dogs, horses and wrangling our business. I did a ton last week though, so this week shouldn't be toooooo awfully horrific. :dizzy:

Kim, nope, my furry kids are indoor only. We've got HUGE owls and coyotes here so they will never see outside unless they're in a carrier. Of course, said owls and coyotes don't seem to be bothering the #$%&@ rabbits.... :mad: Ooooh, and you can steal my taco salad because your buffalo chicken wrap sounds divine! I'll pick up some buffalo sauce tomorrow when I go shoppin'. Great idea - with a low fat tortilla, lettuce and a little low fat Ranch dressing???? :carrot: Yum!

Judy, of course we'll be here to cheer you on! :high: Good that the dh's Dr. appointment isn't something horrible, but yeah, still stressful. Take care of yourself too (remember that saying about how we can't take care of anyone if we're neglecting ourselves?). We're with ya in spirit!

Hi Princess and Bandit! yeah, no Tops meetings for awhile?? That would be hard...

Cherry, so glad to hear the kiddos are feeling better!

Ok, better get to work.... unfortunately it won't do itself! Have a great week everyone!

Tes

KimL1214
06-22-2010, 12:22 AM
Princess1122~ Weekends are super tough! I have been trying to prep throughout Monday-Friday to get ready for the weekend.

Itryharder~ Were you able to turn your day around? Don't let 190 stand in your way!!!

CherryAutumn~ Did you get in your bubble bath tonight?

Clever Tessa~ I had the wrap again today, I love it because it doesn't taste low fat! Have a great (BUSY) week also!!!

I'm waiting on my sister right now, using the time to prep for the rest of the week. The biggest challenge in front of me is heading up to NY this coming weekend. Luckily the friend I'm going to see is on WW, so hopefully we can lean on each other and avoid evil foods!

Princess1122
06-22-2010, 09:29 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all!

Oh my but we have had horrible storms here over the past two days... they were so bad last night the woke me up out of a dead sleep and driving to work today was very scary, downed power lines and trees along with super flooded roads... but I got to work safe and sound... head from DH though that the house is surrounded by water so it must have been really bad at our house after I left for work. At least he is there to handle it so that makes me feel better.

Kim: My garden - this year we planted tomatoes, romas and beef steaks, zuc's, green beans, cuc's, peppers - about 4 kinds I think, carrots, and radishes. That is about it, we kept it kind of small this year and with all of the storms and rain we have had I am really glad that we did.

Judy: Thanks for the recipe! It looks awesome! I know you and I have very similar struggles but you are doing so good, you have every reason to be proud!

Bandit: Our TOPS goes all summer long I think... I think that is the time of year that they do fund raising for the chapter and things like that.

Tessa: Wow, those are some big owls! I am with you, my dogs are so dear to me that I would not let them out there either with the wild life! I have inside dogs anyway, I really don't understand having a dog and then chaining it up in the yard.

Cherry: What book are you reading? Hope you got your bath in!

Oh yeah, I got good news yesterday, my contract got extended! I am not sure of the details yet but I am so happy that I will continue to work, at least for a little while longer!

Princess1122
06-22-2010, 12:17 PM
I just wanted to pass along the title of two books that I have read lately that I thought were very good. These would make wonderful summer reads for anyone that loves to read as much as I do.

1) Carry Me Home, a novel - by Sandra Kring

2) Whistling In The Dark - by Lesley Kagen

Enjoy!

CherryAutumn
06-22-2010, 06:46 PM
weigh in: went from 241.4 to 238.8 for a weight loss of 2.6 this week. Seeing as i have felt off quite a bit this week that is a good loss. That would be a good loss for any week i know.

I read all the time. well as much time as can be found with 3 little ones. Isnt really any one book. I like mysteries and ones that take place in the "old days".

Princess1122
06-23-2010, 08:30 AM
Morning all and happy Wednesday to everyone!

Nothing much happening here, just more cruddy weather which is getting old really quickly. I am ready for some dry summer weather. I know some places are not getting enough rain but we have had soooo much and the storms are so bad and causing so much flooding here that it is just depressing after a while. But enough of that for now. I am really trying to get my food right but seem to slip up most every day in one way or another. I don't expect anything except a gain this week at W/I since my TOM showed up and eating/exercise have not been where they should be. Will just have to get my butt in gear and get back on track!

Cherry: I love to read too! Just thought I would throw those titles out there, I am always looking for a good book or author to try.

Have to run but everyone have a great day!

Itryharder
06-23-2010, 09:25 AM
Here's to all Turtles getting our butts in gear! :bravo: :cheer: :dance: :carrot: :dancer: :balloons:
We can do this. We are doing this!

Cherry, that is an awesome weight loss. Weigh to go! :bravo: Keep up the good work. For whatever reason, whatever you did resulted in a great loss and a good moment at the :goodscale:

Princess, thanks for the book tips. I'll check them out and see if me library has them. I love to read. Right now I'm reading Julie and Julia. Just finished reading The Incredible Henry House and thought it was :balloons:.
Congrats on having your contract extended. That is fabulous news. :bravo:

Going to WI this morning. I'll post back when I get back home.
Judy
234.6/192/189 and closer to goal :cool:

Itryharder
06-23-2010, 12:53 PM
Hi Turtles,
:goodscale: for me. I weighed in at 190#. My best WW WI so far this time around.I have 1# to lose to hit my 45# loss. Yay!
Judy
234.6/190/189 and closer to goal

Princess1122
06-23-2010, 01:56 PM
Judy: Way to go! Great job!

bandit2
06-23-2010, 02:15 PM
Hi turtles:

CHerry/Princess - nice job at the scale! Keep up the good work.

Princess - hang in there, it will get better. Just keep trying to stay on track & results will follow.

We have also had crazy weather up here - yesterday it poured and was abit scarey at times & they are calling for severe storms tonight, hoping it will miss us & very hot and still. Going outside is very unpleasant for any length of time. At least if it storms, it should clear that feeling away.

Off to Tops tonight & hoping for a loss at the scales. I have been very good this week.

Have a great Wednesday, everyone!

bandit2
06-23-2010, 02:16 PM
Sorry, I meant to say Cherry/Judy

Oops

Itryharder
06-23-2010, 07:23 PM
Bandit, good luck at the :goodscale: tonight at TOPS!!!!

Hey, we're doing great.

You know what? Eating less and moving more works.
Judy
234.6/190/189 and finally breaking 190# on the scale. :cool:

Clever Tessa
06-23-2010, 07:27 PM
Happy Wednesday!!!! :cp:

Thanks for the book ideas! I love reading - "Santa" brought a Kindle for me this last Christmas and I couldn't believe that I would be reading even more, but I am. Love to get lost in a book. A little safe, healthy escapism.

WW last night was kind once again - down 3.6, for a 2 week total of 9 pounds. Pretty dang happy, yes indeed. I know eventually it'll slow down, but the first few weeks are pretty sweet - and very motivating.

Judy, you are SO going to make your goal of making it into the 180's next week. You will OWN that one pound dang it! (hehehe, you said "turtle butts" - made me kinda giggle).

Cherry, major kudos with the loss while being a nurse and taking care of everyone else! :carrot:

Princess, the flooding is scary! I used to live in Napa, CA - and a river goes right through the center of town. Can't tell you how many times we sat in our garage and watched people row by on our street. Fingers crossed it doesn't get worse and some sunshine dries it all up (uh, the humidity that'll cause though!). :faint:

Kim, guess what's for dinner toniiiiiiiight!!!!!!! LOL! Can't wait to indulge in a buffalo chicken wrap. It's so warm out today - it's the perfect dinner idea! Thanks again for sharing the idea.

:wave: Hi Bandit! Good luck tonight!

Ok, 4 minutes left in the work day. Must sign off and run screaming, uh, I mean, go home.

Tes

Itryharder
06-23-2010, 08:58 PM
Tessa, you rock!!!!!! :goodscale: :bravo: :balloons: :cheers: :cheer:
Weigh to go. another fabulous week. Let us know a specific or two as to why you're so successful.
Judy
234.6/190/189 and closer to goal :cool:

KimL1214
06-23-2010, 11:44 PM
Princess1122~ CONGRATS on your contract extension!!! How is the flooding today? Has it gone down?

CherryAutumn~ Congrats on your loss of 2.6!!! Great Job!!!

Itryharder~ WOW!!! Youíre so close to 45lbs.!!! Awesome Job!!!

bandit2~ Did you feel the earthquake today? Is the weather getting any better?

Clever Tessa~ How were your chicken wraps?

So it was a rough night at work. They had a chicken, shrimp, penne, marinara pesto dish, that I just could not resist. I tried, and tried, then found out that I was going to have to stay at least an extra hour and a half, and completely caved. BUT, Iím proud of the restraint I had with the pasta dish, disappointed with the garlic bread though. I ate less then half of the pasta, but had 4, yes, 4, pieces of garlic bread. I brought the left overs home, but I plan on breaking them down into a couple different lunches over the next couple days. I did see a new number on the scale this morning which I hopefully did not scare away with my badness with garlic breadÖ
Day 19 NO soda!!!

Princess1122
06-24-2010, 10:11 AM
Good morning all!

We are supposed to have a couple of dry days here so that is a wonderful thing! Have my TOPS meeting tonight but I expect to have a large gain as I always do during that TOM so at least I know what is coming. They are all going to W/I and then go out to supper but I am going to skip that part since I am more comfortable eating at home and feel I can control my food better that way.

Kim: it is hard to resist temptation... LOL. Do you work in a resturant? That would be so hard for me... ugh!

Judy: Great job on the loss! I am sure you will get to the 180's next W/I!

Bandit: How did W/I go for you? You are doing so good I hope that it pays off with a much lower number for you!

Tessa: Yep, flooding is scary and actually we have sat on our patio and watched people go by in canoe's too! LOL, it is funny now but it was not so funny at that time :D

Cherry: Great job on your last W/I!

Have to run but hope I did not miss anyone!

Itryharder
06-24-2010, 10:32 AM
Hi Turtles,
KimL, :bravo: on the no soda run! You're doing great. Also congrats on the new number on your scale. Life's full of challenges, and I :love: to see that you've got plans for the food you brought home.

Hey Turtles,
I'm going to open another thread. We've gotten long. I :love: the weight losses we're seeing here. It's all inspiring. weigh to go! See you all at #233 Bale of Turtles Tackling Summer!
Judy
234.6/190(that feels so good to type)/189 and lower :cool: