General Diet Plans and Questions - Bodybugg/Go Fit users, lets keep on track together 4!

L144S
06-11-2010, 04:56 PM
Hit 500 again! here is the new thread!

egent0032
06-12-2010, 08:01 AM
wow these threads grow very quickly. but they are so supportive.

Rebound
06-12-2010, 10:55 AM
I wish we had a forum. It would be nice to be able to start threads about specific issues in particular. You know, like Uploading Issues, Off-Label Use i.e. wearing in your bra, Challenges...

It's tough to find stuff in huge long threads sometimes.

L144S
06-12-2010, 08:02 PM
rebound, you can always go to the BB and GWF sites to find more specific answeres but just ask here, no one minds at all,

OrganizedChaos
06-14-2010, 03:32 PM
Wow, I couldn't figure out why my thread seemed to go inactive, DUH! I need to pay closer attention I guess.

Well, a update on my GWF that I put through the washing machine. It has never fully recovered from it. It does turn on and off correctly but the readings just can't be trusted. I broke down and ordered a new one, it arrived today and tonight I will get it set up. I can't wait to get it back on and see where my calorie burn is. Based on the lack of decent weight loss I have had since I washed it, I think my calorie burn has been decreasing. I had noticed prior to this that although my workouts were very similar to the previous months, my calorie burn had decreased by 300 - 400 calories a day. I think I am starting to see that it is harder to keep up those burn numbers as I get smaller. Doesn't seem right that I have to work harder to get my burn AFTER losing so much weight. Oh well, can't wait to get recording again.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

WSN
06-14-2010, 09:09 PM
I have to say this GWF has been pretty awesome for me so far. I got it 11 days ago and since then have lost 8 pounds which I'm very psyched about. To give a little background, I started working out (again) in mid-April and had been doing pretty well albeit it probably took me a few weeks to really get into higher drive. I know I lost weight from the fit of my clothes and things like that but I had no idea how much because I didn't want to weigh myself, I know I was over 300 (I'm a guy by the way). Then on June 2nd I got my GWF and started using it the next day. I had to weigh myself then to input onto the site and I weighed 302 (I surely started higher than that in April). This morning I weighed in around 293/294. Because of my weight my calorie burn is relatively high already regardless of activity but being able to see it along with my # of steps throughout the day has changed my activity level a lot. I highly recommend anyone who gets this to get the display as well and keep it with you all day, I wear mine as a wristwatch. I've been pushing myself harder at the gym, but there are also big changes are in other places. I now walk to my gym instead of driving there, it's only about a mile each way but roundtrip that gets me close to another 350-400 calories and the walk turns out to be very pleasant and de-stressing. I also now walk to my office. That is a little less than a mile in each direction and the walk is also very nice since its in a city and never dull, though I only go there a couple of days per week. I've also just started walking/light jogging when I have time and I feel like seeing my calorie burn and # of steps increase. I've been burning an average of a little over 4000 calories per day since I got this thing, I'm sure I was burning less before that. My daily # of steps has been more volatile but they've averaged close to 12,000. I don't keep a calorie log of what I eat but just try to keep meals within a range and taper down throughout the day, if I do the math of what I burned minus what I lost since getting the GWF it works out that I theoretically ate around 1600 calories per day which is somewhat less than I've been targeting. If that number is true I am happy because I feel I've been eating pretty well and have been satisfied which I didn't think was likely at 1600 calories for me.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to share my early experience with this device and how it has so far worked great for me. Information is powerful, and knowing what you burn helps in more ways than you might imagine. For me seeing the data in real-time turns out to be a great motivator to be more active. I'm not going to expect the weight loss will continue at this pace, I know better than that. But I do think my current activity level will continue and probably increase. The "extra" activity I've added to my days turns out to be more rewarding than just giving me more calorie burn, I actually enjoy it and find it relaxes me mentally.

L144S
06-15-2010, 08:41 AM
WSN,
welcome to the boards!
Not a problem on the long post (ever). good for you for finding the small ways to make changes and being able to see the big differences they can make. the extra 2/4 miles a day (work and or gym) is excellent!

when you get that part under control and feeling good about it, it would be good to log calories and see how you are doing. not just for over all calories but for nutrition as well.

If you have an iphone/touch, the lose it app is good for on the road, I have a droid so I have the fat secret app. both have good food databases. you can then create a food in GWF ( I call mine JAB for JUST A BITE) it is 25 calories. at the end of the day I will use that to enter in total calories for the day so that my graphs are good and showing what I want.

Anyway, welcome, keep posting the good and the bad and questions you might have.

Rebound
06-15-2010, 09:42 AM
Hey, I've been playing around with wearing my GWF on my left side under the band of my bra. It's been going really well so far, actually. I've been surprised.

I've compared activities that I do every week -- compared the arm band wearing to the bra wearing. Mowing the lawn and running 4 miles were very similar. Running 4 miles was within 9 calories between the two methods. I haven't analyzed how the step counter may be influenced since I don't focus on step count too terrible much.

I'm still looking at some other activities but so far it's looking good. My sedentary level (sitting on the couch watching TV) seems to be pretty much the same, too.

egent0032
06-15-2010, 10:22 AM
Wow, I couldn't figure out why my thread seemed to go inactive, DUH! I need to pay closer attention I guess.

Well, a update on my GWF that I put through the washing machine. It has never fully recovered from it. It does turn on and off correctly but the readings just can't be trusted. I broke down and ordered a new one, it arrived today and tonight I will get it set up. I can't wait to get it back on and see where my calorie burn is. Based on the lack of decent weight loss I have had since I washed it, I think my calorie burn has been decreasing. I had noticed prior to this that although my workouts were very similar to the previous months, my calorie burn had decreased by 300 - 400 calories a day. I think I am starting to see that it is harder to keep up those burn numbers as I get smaller. Doesn't seem right that I have to work harder to get my burn AFTER losing so much weight. Oh well, can't wait to get recording again.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Unfortunately that is how our bodies work. The more you workout and more in shape you get the more efficiently your body works...which if you are trying to continue losing means you have to push yourself even harder to to burn more calories. I noticed that I don't eat as much during the weekends as I do during the week because I am running errands and such. i was surprised to see that just running errands and light vacuuming Sat made me hit my calorie burn goal with no additional exercise. I've had my GWF for a week officially as of today and am already down 3 pounds. Woohoo :carrot:. Everyone keep up the good work. ;)

Sheena41
06-15-2010, 03:12 PM
I really need to start wearing mine again. I got it last August and wore it all the time until back problems prevented me from exercising and I just have not been able to get back into the habit. I just keep forgetting to put it on. I will try to remember tomorrow.

KayakGal
06-16-2010, 08:42 AM
Hi! I am new to 3FC but not to the bodybugg. I have had it for about 18 months. I just got serious about using it this past March. I am looking forward to reading all of the old bodybugg threads and getting to know everyone.
Sue

OrganizedChaos
06-16-2010, 10:16 AM
Well, one full day is now recorded on the new armband. I am happy to report that I did not lose my data when I uploaded using the new armband, however it did reset all my goals, so it says I have lost no weight currently and it used to say I had lost 48 pounds since Jan. 29, 2010. It does still have all my weight measurements and the dates recorded,so I guess I am OK with that, but I liked seeing that number when I logged in. It is depressing to see it stare back at me with a 0 weight loss so far. Once I reset my goal weight, it also reset my daily targets. It has me down to eating 1600 calories a day and burning 2600. I usually eat around 1500 - 1700 a day but my burn was around 3,000 so that shouldn't be a huge issue, but my old Targets were to eat 2200 and burn 3200, so I am feeling deprived now.

I was right that my calorie burn has gone down a little, about 300 less a day, even though my work out is the same it was a month ago, perhaps even more intense. I knew that was coming, I just wanted to live in denial a little longer. So I have to kick up the intensity.

One interesting thing is I have been so down that since 5/23 I have only lost around 3.5 pounds. Ironically during this time I have not had my armband so I am really seeing how it has hurt me to not know my daily burn. I was staying on plan with eating so I know the issue is I am not getting enough burn in.

vegandelite
06-19-2010, 05:02 AM
I have been out of the game for a while and I just wanted to say that you have all inspired me greatly in the last few days while I have been psyching myself up to get the ball going again :)

Great job OrganizedChaos on meeting your goal for the summer challenge!

OrganizedChaos
06-20-2010, 09:50 AM
Great job OrganizedChaos on meeting your goal for the summer challenge!

Thank You!

vegandelite
06-21-2010, 08:15 AM
Fifth day today and have met my target burn - hooray! Also within my eating limit. So far so good. Just gotta keep going! Anyone got any tips for when you get invited to a friends'/family members' house?

dewdrop1970
06-21-2010, 11:05 AM
Kristi - Mini-Goal is to have lost 100 lb's by July 1st! ***Met June 19th!***

CONGRATS, KRISTI :carrot::hug:

FloridaGirl1970
06-22-2010, 11:20 AM
Just thought I would share my updates and a few frustrations as well. Last week was my first weekly weigh in after using the GWF. I lost 1.4 lbs (GWF calculations said it should be about 1.04, so thats pretty close). I think I sometimes over estimate my food, but better to over estimate than to under estimate. It was also my birthday week, so to still lose weight during that week was wonderful. I didnt diet, but I did start exercising (walking on my treadmill). Overall, I was very happy, and the GWF definitely made me realize that I did not move much. (I work from home so really, I dont get much movement unless I purposefully do it, which I guess I had become very efficient in not moving!!) :) Anyway, this week has gone well, except for the scale. I have exercised every day and monitored all my food intake. My total calorie deficit for the last 5 days has been about 3700 which is a little over 1 lb, BUT, for the last 3 days I have weighed myself first thing in the morning and I am up 3 lbs. It is so frustrating!!! I am trying to tell myself to calm down.... I am trying to tell myself to analyze with my head and not my emotions. I know I have not even eaten enough cals to equate to 3 lbs. My daily average is about 1700. I also think that 1700 a day is sufficient not to make my body think I am starving it, my only exercise is walking, not running a marathon! :) ANYWAY ... I am hoping this might be a TOM thing, or in my case TOY!! lol, I have very irregular cycles (alot of related to my weight), so I really only have it 2-3 a year. It has been over six months, and I am thinking that the exercise may have kicked it into gear. At least that is what I am hoping is happening. I really cant think of any other reason for the scale to show a weight gain, when the GWF numbers say there should be a loss. I know this is a rather personal question, but if anyone does not mind sharing, do you tend to gain weight leading up to your TOM and if so, about how much do you gain? Also, once your past that week or two, do you see a big drop on the scale, or are those weeks just kind of blown??

Sorry for the long post, but I am just a little frustrated in only my 2nd week. I thought I would have at least a month or so of weight loss before it stalled. I am trying to remain positive, but it is difficult sometimes. Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated!! THANKS!

vegandelite
06-22-2010, 08:08 PM
Oh dear, I'm not sure what to say FloridaGirl except keep going. I haven't been using my GWF long enough to know if my TOM will affect it's accuracy, but I think I've read a number of other people indicating it does tend to cause them to maintain or gain a pound or two which they lose the following week.

I've had my first 6 proper days and so far my GWF calculations say I should have lost 1.17 pounds and I have lost 0.9 pounds. Not bad but maybe it's first week gitters or something but I get worried that maybe it's a fluke incident, I suppose because 0.9 lb is not much in the whole scheme of things. Even still, I will take it (it was roughly my goal afterall!) and keep going with the challenge to lose 17 lb in 17 weeks. Wish me luck!

Jamie68123
06-22-2010, 09:51 PM
Hi everyone! I have a question for you. What is the GWF? I know what a bodybugg is, and have thought it would be cool to see what I'm burning. Is the GWF something similar? If so, which one is better?

vegandelite
06-22-2010, 10:36 PM
GWF is the GoWear Fit which (I believe) is produced by Bodymedia - the same company that produces BodyBugg. I think they are very similar products but use quite different user interfaces - though to be honest, I'm not sure.. I just gather this from what I've read on this forum.

vegandelite
06-22-2010, 10:38 PM
PS: I am loving my GWF so far and would highly recommend it. When I wear it I feel so much more enthused about moving and getting in incidental exercise and less stressed about spending hours at the gym (I now only go 2 to 3 times a week max cf. before when I thought I should go daily and for 2 hours). I chose this over the BodyBugg simply because it was easier to get to Australia

Jamie68123
06-22-2010, 10:39 PM
Thanks for your reply, vegandelite. I'm thinking that one of these devices could be very motivating for me. I'm going to research them further. Thanks again!

Jamie68123
06-23-2010, 01:12 AM
I just ordered a BodyBugg and I'm excited to get it and begin using it! I decided on it because it said that it was compatible with my mac computer. I wasn't 100% if the others were compatible.

egent0032
06-23-2010, 09:57 AM
I'm starting on my third week of the GWF and while I had an encouraging first week ( a 3 pound loss) the second week was a bit disappointing. I did notice that as i lose I have to keep readjusting my calorie count as to what I burn if I don't exercise.I don't focus so much on the calorie goals set but my deficit. I will keep chugging along.

sarcruze
06-23-2010, 09:22 PM
I love my GWF. Its probably one of the best things I've ever bought.lol. I have lost 22lbs since recieving it on May 7th. It keeps me motivated and moving. I just like looking down at my wrist and instantly seeing my stats. That is a big motivator. The last couple of weeks were a challenge cos I kept fluctuating between 2lbs. I think it was because I was working out with more intensity and resistance and not eating enough. So I upped my calories from 1300 to 1500 to see if that made a difference and it did. So now I have lost a total of 60lbs and I believe that my GWF has definitely helped me and will continue to be a big motivator for me. I only take it off when I have too which is when I'm in the shower.lol. Good luck to everyone who has one and keep moving. Don't give up even when the number doesn't want to budge, keep pushing.

MamaP
07-01-2010, 04:05 PM
GWF - Has anyone else had problems with the display being off. All of a sudden it is off by more than just a few calories - it's off by a couple hundred calories every day (it shows I've burned more than I actually have). That's very frustrating because I use it to guage where I'm at during the day.

FloridaGirl1970
07-09-2010, 05:10 PM
I havent made an update in a few weeks, so I thought I would share my good news. After gaining in week 2, I was a little disappointed as my GWF numbers should have resulted in a loss. I guess my body was just confused and in shock cause I started to lose again in week 3 and really lost in week 4. I maintain an Excel spreadsheet with my daily GWF numbers so I can easily determine how much weight I should have lost based on the numbers. In week three, I was only 1/2 pound over what my GWF numbers said I should have been, so I was pretty excited. In week 4 however ..... my GWF numbers said I should have lost an additional 2.2 lbs, and I actually lost 5 lbs. WOO HOO!! Talk about excited!! :) I was over the moon!! Jumping for joy, (LOL, and hopefully burning some more cals with the jumps , haha). Anyway, I am a little scared to update my new data since my last weigh-in. I guess I am still a little unsure how the GWF works in calculating the numbers. I'm scared that since I lost 5 lbs and based on the GWF numbers it should have been 2.2 lbs, I am not sure if that means it is going to adjust itself. Does it do that?? I thought people said that as it "got to know you" it would continue to calibrate itsself to learn each person's true burn. LOL, did I dream that, or am I confused on how it works?? I would much rather the numbers add up to 2.2 lbs and I actually lost 5, then the other way around. Does that make sense? Can anybody clarify this better for me ... I hope I am just confused.

Also - does anyone else experience frustrations with their scale?? It is a relatively new scale ... but I weigh myself 3 times. If I get the same number each time, then I'm done and thats the number. But more often than not, I get two or more different numbers and then I continue to weigh myself 5-7 times until I can get the same number at least 3 times. It drives me crazy!! It is a health-o-meter scale (I think that is the name) but it is driving me crazy!! :) I hope everyone has had a great week, and I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Irishchic
07-12-2010, 12:22 AM
Hi ladies-just wanted to jump in here and say how excited I am to finally own a GWF:carrot:! Pretty amazing and motivational stuff. I have only had it almost a week so not sure how much I will lose-I have heard about the device adjusting to your body in the first week or two. At any rate I am very happy to be a part of this group!

OrganizedChaos
07-12-2010, 01:57 PM
I havent made an update in a few weeks, so I thought I would share my good news. After gaining in week 2, I was a little disappointed as my GWF numbers should have resulted in a loss. I guess my body was just confused and in shock cause I started to lose again in week 3 and really lost in week 4. I maintain an Excel spreadsheet with my daily GWF numbers so I can easily determine how much weight I should have lost based on the numbers. In week three, I was only 1/2 pound over what my GWF numbers said I should have been, so I was pretty excited. In week 4 however ..... my GWF numbers said I should have lost an additional 2.2 lbs, and I actually lost 5 lbs. WOO HOO!! Talk about excited!! :) I was over the moon!! Jumping for joy, (LOL, and hopefully burning some more cals with the jumps , haha). Anyway, I am a little scared to update my new data since my last weigh-in. I guess I am still a little unsure how the GWF works in calculating the numbers. I'm scared that since I lost 5 lbs and based on the GWF numbers it should have been 2.2 lbs, I am not sure if that means it is going to adjust itself. Does it do that?? I thought people said that as it "got to know you" it would continue to calibrate itsself to learn each person's true burn. LOL, did I dream that, or am I confused on how it works?? I would much rather the numbers add up to 2.2 lbs and I actually lost 5, then the other way around. Does that make sense? Can anybody clarify this better for me ... I hope I am just confused.

I have never experienced it adjusting my burn down unless I truly was burning less. It shouldn't adjust just becuase you input you lost more than it calculates. As we lose weight, unfortunatey, we do burn less. I recently found this out the hard way when I realized the same amount of work I was doing a few months ago was not getting me the same burn, but I had lost 20 pounds so our bodies do adjust.

Also - does anyone else experience frustrations with their scale?? It is a relatively new scale ... but I weigh myself 3 times. If I get the same number each time, then I'm done and thats the number. But more often than not, I get two or more different numbers and then I continue to weigh myself 5-7 times until I can get the same number at least 3 times. It drives me crazy!! It is a health-o-meter scale (I think that is the name) but it is driving me crazy!! :) I hope everyone has had a great week, and I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

I used to do the same thing, I broke down and bought a Tanita scale. It is awesome. It weighs in .2 increments and it is very consistent so I no longer have to weigh 3 times.

OrganizedChaos
07-12-2010, 02:00 PM
Hi ladies-just wanted to jump in here and say how excited I am to finally own a GWF:carrot:! Pretty amazing and motivational stuff. I have only had it almost a week so not sure how much I will lose-I have heard about the device adjusting to your body in the first week or two. At any rate I am very happy to be a part of this group!

Welcome to the obsession! I have found that as long as I am very truthful with what I am putting in my mouth, the data doesn't lie. It really helps me see when I need to change the intensity or type of workout I am doing.

Rebound
07-14-2010, 12:10 PM
I'm scared that since I lost 5 lbs and based on the GWF numbers it should have been 2.2 lbs, I am not sure if that means it is going to adjust itself. Does it do that?? I thought people said that as it "got to know you" it would continue to calibrate itsself to learn each person's true burn. LOL, did I dream that, or am I confused on how it works?? I would much rather the numbers add up to 2.2 lbs and I actually lost 5, then the other way around. Does that make sense? Can anybody clarify this better for me ... I hope I am just confused.

Short term numbers, especially in the beginning, will be off due to water retention. The more overall time you use the device, the more accurate the numbers will be over the whole time you've used the device.

The difference between 2.2 and 5 pound is easily explained by water retention and the "whoosh" phenomenon, where some people see their weight come off in chunks rather than more consistently. This is speculated to be because as you lose weight your body holds on to water to keep your body in equilibrium. If you don't fill those fat cells up with fat in the next week or so, your body finally gives up and releases that water and you see the "whoosh."

There are three things that make your GWF seem "inaccurate." The weight of the partially digested food in your body, the amount of water your body is hanging onto on that particular day, and the fact that calorie counting has some amount of uncertainty in it. This is not unique to the GWF -- this is something that all dieters have to deal with.

FloridaGirl1970
07-14-2010, 03:30 PM
Thanks to the posters who tried to clarify some of my questions. My "official" weigh-in for the week is not until tomorrow, but as of this morning I have lost 2.2 lbs this week, and that is exactly in line with my GWF numbers. This is just so amazing!! EVERYONE should own one of these, although I dont know if everyone would/could be as diligent about keeping accurate account of their calories consumed. I am a fanatic about it. I weigh everything when possible, and if I am eating out, I will split the food in half and bring home 1/2 so I can weigh it. (the eyeballing the size just doesnt work for me!) My biggest problem is I am tending to rely on frozen dinners alot. I know they contain alot of sodium, but they provide me with variety, convienence, portion control, and calorie count (price also when I get them on sale!!) I try to drink extra water when I eat them to help with the sodium. Does anyone else eat frozen dinners and if so, have you noticed it adversely affecting your weight loss??

oodlesofnoodles
07-18-2010, 09:20 PM
Hey guys, how much does the website thing cost a month? And do you HAVE to get it?

L144S
07-20-2010, 06:04 PM
cost depends on which device and how long you sign up for. the longer you sign up the less it is a month and YES you have to subscribe. otherwise you can't offload the data to clear the arm band.

misstraveller
07-21-2010, 06:38 PM
I got my GWF today in the mail!!! YAY!!! I'm so excited.. it is charging now, will post later...

misstraveller
07-22-2010, 09:45 AM
I wore my gowear fit or bodymedia FIT or whatever it's called now, to bed last night. It wasn't actually uncomfortable and didn't bother me. I hope I'm wearing it in the right place, they aren't really specific, just says to wear it on the back of your left arm.
Setting it up was pretty easy, i just had to go to the website and register, which did require signing a contract for service with a credit card. No biggie. They won't charge me the first three months, but it will start charging monthly after that since I chose the 6 month option. (I'm hoping to be way way down and not have to wear it, or at least regularly wear it after that). Will post later tonight, I think I'm going to link it after I workout while I'm in the shower to transfer data and power up. They say the charge can go four days or so, but I want to know my numbers now!! :)

firefliesandpixies
07-23-2010, 08:28 AM
My GWF has been awesome but now it's really coming in handy...I've recently dropped about 5 lbs and all things being equal with diet and exercise I can readily see I'm not burning as many calories in the day as I was a couple of weeks ago. Having this information at the drop of a hat (or a sync :)) is going to help me make adjustments here and there. Knowledge is power!!!!

FloridaGirl1970
07-23-2010, 06:16 PM
OMG!! Today I was reminded why I got my GWF and just how important it is!! I diligently track every bite of food that I eat, and also keep a separate spreadsheet of all my numbers for tracking everything. The last few days I have gotten rather lax with exercise and even food choices. I have still kept track of all of my food, but I had not logged it into the software. Yesterday I had a commitment to go with a friend to look at the place she is having her wedding and reception. I made a poor choice and let myself think that all that walking around could be my substitute for exercise that day. Boy was I wrong!! Afterwards we decided to eat dinner. We went to Chili's (not my choice) and I tried to make the best decision I could in the given situation. I had the 1/2 turkey sandwich and a salad, water to drink. While I realized it was more calories than I normally ate for dinner, I thought it was a fair choice. WHEW!, was I wrong!! I didnt get around to logging my food until today. I went online to their site and found their calorie info. Just that meal was over 1200 calories, and all the steps and calories I thought I would burn walking around looking at my friend's wedding hall, only amounted to around 1500 steps and just a few hundred calories, not at all what I was expecting!! Needless to say, yesterday was the first day since I have begun my GWF journey that my calories consumed were greater than my calories burned!! I am so disappointed!! Needless to say, this was a big wakeup call that I cant get laxed, I must stay on top of this all the time!! I am so thankful for the GWF because I would have very easily over-estimated my burn without it. It also forces me to track my food intake and calories (in order to get the most out of it anyway), and therefore I was again reminded just how many calories can be in a restaurant meal even when you think you are making ok choices!! Needless to say, this was my wakeup call to again be just as diligent on my cals in/cals out , as I was the first 5 weeks!! My week of back sliding is over!! I feel better already!! Thanks for letting me have such a long post/rant/confession. Continued good luck to all the other GWF/BodyBugg users!!

SueSays
07-26-2010, 03:52 AM
I have a question I'm hoping someone can help me out with! I've been wearing my GWF for 2 weeks now, but haven't lost any weight though I'm supposedly logging an average deficit of 916 cals. per day. I'm beyond frustrated, and wondering if the issue is that it's setting my food calorie allowance too high - perhaps way overestimating my burn? My burn target is 2890, and food 1980....this is AFTER I've adjusted it slightly downward, as if I let the Activity Manager calculate how much I should be eating, it gives me figures between 2000 - 2300 based on whether I set my activity level as sedentary or light. I can't quite believe that I need to be eating that much more to lose weight - if I was on a plateau, I could see it. But I'm just 2 weeks in, so I should have lost something by now regardless of whether I technically should be eating more cals or not.

I'm currently 275, and nearing my wits' end!!! I'm eating healthier than ever, drinking lots of water, and walking at least 4-5 times per week for a minimum of 30 mins. I just can't believe that I haven't lost a single pound!! Something's screwy. Do you all let the software calculate what you should be eating, or do you set your own calorie level? I'm thinking of setting my calorie target to 1800 - I'm afraid to go lower as it seems possibly too low given my starting weight. Gah - I thought this would make things easier but now I'm more confused than ever and not sure if I can trust the numbers the GWF is giving me!! :( Any ideas?

KayakGal
07-26-2010, 10:29 AM
Suesays
Your numbers sound great to me. I have found that if I wear my BB while cutting grass on a riding mower it will overestimate my calorie burn. Some have said just driving overestimates the burn. Have you been driving on rough roads?
I also measure everything. And sometimes I probably overestimate my calorie intake. Not by much but if I am unsure how many calories are in something I tend to guess high.
A daily deficit over 900 is great. I am not so consistent. Keep you the good work and the pounds will come off.:goodluck:

FloridaGirl1970
07-27-2010, 11:59 AM
SueSays:
My first week wearing my GWF I lost 1 lb. The next week I actually gained 3lbs on the scale, even though based on my GWF numbers I should have lost. In the 3rd week I lost another lb or two, and by week 4 I was steadily losing. I have come to the conclusion that a couple of things might have happened. 1. Maybe I was just retaining alot of water the first few weeks because I had increased my intake. Maybe my body was just shocked by the increase and had to adjust. 2. Maybe since I decreased my food intake my body was just watching to make sure that I wasnt go to starve it. There could be a lot of reasons. I have found that the most important thing is to accurately track your food intake. If you are using the food database with the GWF software, not everything is listed, so sometimes you have to try and make the closest choice possible. Sometimes if an item is not found or if I question the numbers in the database, I will then google the item on the internet to see what other calorie info I can find, and then I will adjust the numbers to agree with the info I found. ex. if the data base says 1 item is 100 calories, but i find on the net it really should be 120, then i will adjust the amount in the software to something like 1.3 items so that the calories = 120. I also dont go by the recommended calories given by the software as to how many I should eat. I believe it tells me around 1900 -2000. I never eat that high unless it is a special occasion type situation. I dont considered a day's cal count too low in calories unless it is under 1200 (for me at this weight right now anyway). I also think it is important to spread your calories throughout the day. I try not to go more than 4 hours without eating something. I also try to not "eyeball amounts", whenever I can, I weigh things. If I get something in a restaurant, I will divide it in half and bring home 1/2 of the meal. I then weight the items so I can have an accurate account of how much I actually ate. It is amazing how inaccurate your eye can be. I have guestimated things too high, and too low, but I am hardly ever right on the money with my guess in comparision to the actual size. That can be very important in your calorie count, especially since you are already eating such a high number. You might also want to try eating a low day, then a high day (ex. 1300-1400 one day, then 1800-1900 the next) that seems to help me also.
I know I havent solved your issue, but hopefully some of the tips that I follow might be helpful. Good Luck as let us know if you have any changes in the next few weeks.

SueSays
07-27-2010, 07:26 PM
Thanks very much for the help! I'm glad to know that it took a couple of weeks for everything to kind of come together - I think that may be the case with me as well. As of this morning, I'm seeing downward movement on the scale...yay! I have adjusted my calorie target down to 1800, which I think is perfectly reasonable - I eat mostly whole foods, so I get a lot of food for 1800 calories and really can't manage more without adding junk (or eating beyond full). I'm just going to keep plugging away....the alternative isn't an option! It's tough, though, to put so much effort into this without seeing any result at all. The boost I felt this morning, seeing the numbers go down, did wonders to solidify my resolve so I'm determined to have another great week.

hhichick
07-27-2010, 08:23 PM
Your GWF will adjust your burn down if/when it sees that your numbers aren't matching up.

GreyDawg
07-27-2010, 10:45 PM
Hi --

First time poster here! :)

I've had my BodyBugg for a week, and it's really quite interesting--and certainly an eyeopener to see that sitting at my computer burns the same calories per minute as sleeping!

How do y'all clean the armband? Mine gets drenched with sweat each day when I run, and despite handwashing it with a some liquid laundry detergent and warm water it is, uhm, funky. It's really holding on to the stench of sweat!

Thanks!

Irishchic
07-27-2010, 11:35 PM
Hi everyone! Well I am starting week 4 tomorrow and I weigh then. I hope I see some weight loss. It's been an adjustment with some overeating and the addition of exercise but I love my GWF! The information is so amazing to see.

I have lost 3 lbs since the start of wearing my GWF on July 6th so I will take that. I am so proud of myself. I have survived quite a few birthday cakes so far this month. I usually burn 2700 and eat 1700 and I am pretty diligent about my calorie counting. I have found that the GWF database is OFF and I don't use it unless it is a brand name or restaurant name food. I use the nutritional info from the actual restaurant and calorie king usually.

Can you guys believe The Biggest Loser doesn't start back until September 21st this season :(. It feels like forever.

WSN
08-02-2010, 10:45 PM
It's been a while since I updated, over a month I think. July wasn't the easiest month for me because I spent a day in the hospital for an injury and then over a week recovering, plus I was on vacation for a week. While I didn't work as hard as I did in June when I started with the GWF I still did alright. I am down 34 pounds total since June 4th, now at 268 and started at 302. I'd like to get below 250 by Labor Day, I know 18 pounds is a lot to lose in a month so I'm not going to be upset if I don't get there but I'll try for it. My target burn per day is 4000 calories which I have been hitting on average about 4 days per week.

L144S
08-03-2010, 10:13 AM
WSN you are doing so well!
One of the things I love about the GWF and BB is it allows you to adjust for all of lifes misshaps and keep on plan. so good for you, I hope you are recouping and feeling good about your WL!

AS for me, I took my BB off for the summer and I will put it back on when my shirts have sleves. The good news is that I have been able to maintain my weight up 2 down 2 (I think it is the salt) so very plesed. I will go for the last 10 starting in the fall...

How is everyone else doing?

hhichick
08-03-2010, 10:17 AM
I still wear my GWF daily. I read a tip on hear about putting it in my bra strap so that's what I do when I am wearing sleeveless or short sleeve shirts (other than workout wear). I don't think it's quite as accurate - but more accurate than not wearing it at all.

Rick
08-04-2010, 11:38 AM
I've spent about a week reading this blog from the begining. I definitely believe that these tools would be invaluable in providing data. Been trying to decide which route to go with, BB or GWF. When I finally decided to go with GWF or BMF now, they come out with DotFit. Does anyone have an opinion on the DotFit? The armband is the same, the difference seems to be the web interface.

L144S
08-04-2010, 12:15 PM
Not much experiance (read none) but my choice of BB or GFW if you don't have a sleep issue would be whichever is the best price. IF you have a sleep issue the GWF is the way to go. Price for the
dot fit is about $320 for the watch and the unit with a M armband.
BB looks like it is selling for $279
GWF looks like it is selling for $259
It apears to be difficult to see how much subscription time there is but it usually varies between 3-6 months.

So as I said above since they all work smilarly (GWF dot fit do sleep monotoring) I would chose the best deal at the time you are ready to buy.

GonnaTurnHeads
08-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Can I join in?? I am on my 3rd day with my bodybugg and I am absolutely in love with this! I am so amazed and encouraged - I can see exactly where I am and what I need to do to meet my goals! No more guess work and having it strapped to my arm is a great reminder throughout the day of what I'm working towards! Its much harder to mindlessly eat when you have a big black band on your arm!

So - yesterday, I was fairly sedentary aside from cleaning the house, running a few errands and 1 hour at the gym. I had a 3248 Calorie Burn with 1325 Calories eaten for a total deficit of 1923!!! :)

sfmelissa
08-11-2010, 04:08 PM
I have a question that I hope you all will be able to answer...please forgive me if this has been answered previously...I've been trying to read through this thread but there is a lot here! :)

I'm thinking of buying a Bodybugg but most of my activity is on a stationary bike, and my understanding is that the BB does not accurately measure calories burned on a bike because of the lack of motion in the arms. I've been trying to get a straight answer on if the BB is accurate when worn on the leg...Apex says no, but others say yes. What is your experience? I believe this is an invaluable tool, but I don't want to spend the money for one if it's not going to be accurate for me.

Thanks so much!!

L144S
08-11-2010, 05:54 PM
SFmelissa, WELCOME to 3FC!!!!

the long and the short of it is that it is not as acurate as wearing the BB on the arm with the exception of things like biking and the eliptical. If you wear it there for the activity and then move it back to the arm you will get a "good enough" reading for WL puposes. Hope this helps. and again Welcome!

GonnaTurnHeads
08-11-2010, 08:13 PM
SFmelissa, WELCOME to 3FC!!!!

the long and the short of it is that it is not as acurate as wearing the BB on the arm with the exception of things like biking and the eliptical. If you wear it there for the activity and then move it back to the arm you will get a "good enough" reading for WL puposes. Hope this helps. and again Welcome!

Oh wow! I'm glad she thought to ask that question! I did my work out yesterday, starting on the stair machine and then moving to the bike - and i was so disappointed because when I looked my calories burned, it looked like I burned about as many calories on the bike as I do when I fold laundry and I was working *hard* on the bike! Good to know!

tigger175
08-12-2010, 07:01 PM
Hey everyone,

I lurked on this thread for awhile 2 years ago, but decided not to get a GWF. However, I have finally decided to buy one now that they are smaller and cheaper and just order a GWF. I can't wait to join you all!

Dee

GreyDawg
08-14-2010, 09:47 AM
Hi all:

My bodybugg armband, which gets drenched is sweat, STINKS! I've washed it with normal laundry detergent (by hand, I'm concerned that the plastic would break if I put it in the washer with my gym clothe). And it still stinks of sweat.

How do you clean the armbands?

Thanks!

L144S
08-14-2010, 01:44 PM
try the dishwasher, but it may hurt the velcro

GonnaTurnHeads
08-14-2010, 03:02 PM
Hi all:

My bodybugg armband, which gets drenched is sweat, STINKS! I've washed it with normal laundry detergent (by hand, I'm concerned that the plastic would break if I put it in the washer with my gym clothe). And it still stinks of sweat.

How do you clean the armbands?

Thanks!

i soaked it in oxyclean, then patted it dry with a towel - then hung it in front of a fan to dry all the way. worked great!

GreyDawg
08-14-2010, 04:03 PM
Thank you! I'll go get some oxyclean!

tigger175
08-14-2010, 07:08 PM
I just got my GWF yesterday and am having a problem. After working out I plugged in my armband to my computer and it said 1,700 calories burned for the day (so far) but a few minutes later I synced my watch and it said 1,100 calories burned. Why is there such a big difference? I'm sure the number on the computer is more correct, but whats wrong with my display? Has anyone else had this problem? How can I fix it?

L144S
08-25-2010, 01:26 PM
Hi All, Just wanted to check in and share what I have been seeing on the web!

So costco has a BB that is from bodymedia (not Apex 24 hour fitness) it is gray and has a compleatly different website for data etc, I am not sure if it has a the sleep finction like GWF but again, there is another option...

Also through the partners link there is a KI that looks like it is for our UK friends! It looks again similar to the BB so I hope that is a motivator to the UK chicks wanting to get onboard.

But the best part is they have skins (http://www.bodymedia.com/Shop/Accessories/BodyMedia-Skins)! you know the litlte stickers you can put ontop to make it funky :-) and because all of the devices are on the outside the same the skins will fit all of them....

Hope everyone is doing well!

celestialwolf
08-25-2010, 02:52 PM
That's the new BodyMediaFit. They renamed the GWF as well as changed the color of the armband and display. I heard they were selling that version at Costco. Those users will use the same activity manager that GWF users use today. But yeah, those skins are cool!

L144S
08-25-2010, 03:49 PM
they are selling this at costco (http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11515364&search=bodybugg&topnav=&Mo=0&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&N=5000043&whse=BC&Dx=mode%20matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=bodybugg&Ntt=bodybugg&No=0&Nty=1&Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial), not digital dispay but 12 month membership for 219. Bodymedia (http://www.bodymedia.com/Shop/Armband-Packages/Armband-Activity-Manager-Display) site is selling with the dispay and 3 month for 259.
Apex (http://my.apexfitness.com/vip/auto_ship_bb2u.php) has the BB for 278 with the display and 6 months membership.

Happy Shopping!

PurdueGirl98
08-28-2010, 12:58 PM
Hi all, I just received my BodyBugg yesterday from QVC.com ($289 total with digital display, and 12 month membership) and Im so excited, of course I wore it all night! I knew I had to come to see if I could find a thread for it and here I am!!

dangerousfish
08-28-2010, 08:14 PM
wow, those are some super good deals! I loaned my GWF to my aunt (who lost about 30 pounds on medifast but isn't finding the time in her busy life to workout) and it was fun to see how different someone's numbers can be. I will have to point her in those directions, in case she has the extra cash on hand.

As for me, I've been yoyoing the same 6 pounds since my last mini-goal but I just restarted a couple weeks ago and am back on track, using my armband and calorie counting.

Howdy to all my bodymedia peeps!

GonnaTurnHeads
08-28-2010, 08:18 PM
my scale died yesterday so I'm going to be going strictly off of calorie deficit, a measuring tape and trying on old clothes of various sizes and when I get a new scale (i'm going to try to wait about a month) i'm going to compare the anticipated bodybugg results to what the scale is going to say. should be interesting! Even though my bodybugg says I should be losing weight, the scale itself wasn't changing - although my measurements were certainly changing. should be interesting!

mkat321
09-02-2010, 02:14 PM
Hello all. :) I"m looking forward to getting a bodybugg at the end of this month :) Or ordering it anyways. I do have a few questions-

How long does it take if you order it from 24hour fitness to actually receive it?

Do the bodymedia skins fit the bugg?

What are the useage-based differences {ie-not appearance of the unit related} between the bugg and the bodymedia?

Does Zumba register on the bugg? What about weight training? {hubby is getting us a total gym}

L144S
09-06-2010, 11:52 AM
Hi everyone, I want to welcome you all back from Summer, welcome anyone new that wants to join in, and see where everyone is on their way to goal.

I am recommitting to 15 lbs to go, slow and steady again for me and this I think will be my final goal!

So I am back to my BB for support and accountability.

SO...lets hit the road running and keep the motivation going for everyone :-)

WSN
09-08-2010, 03:16 AM
Down 54 pounds since June 4th when I began using the GFW. Now at 248 which I'm glad about because I was trying to get below 250 by Labor Day. I think the GFW has been an extremely valuable tool for me. I'm a guy who is pretty data-driven so to have the constant data on my activity level, calorie burn, etc. has been hugely important feedback.

L144S
09-13-2010, 02:36 PM
UGG,
I need to vent!
So my BB is on the fritz, after 18 months if just is not working and i am ready to get back to it. It owes me nothing so I am not upset about that. What agravates me is that to get a BB to work on my current subscription I can only get a NEW BB (nothing used) ok no problem right? well I just renewed my subscription (june of 11) and any new BB comes with subscription extending to Jan 12! (75$ value?)

So for long term customers, there is no option to just replace the bugg, no DD, no subscription, no arm bands, just a bugg....I just want a new bugg for $100 is that too much to ask?

If it is going to cost me "full price" it may be time to look into a new product.
UGG, I just want to get back to seeing all my data! a

L144S
09-15-2010, 10:22 AM
Where is everyone?
I have a BMF (GWF) question
I have the program up and running and am finding it easy but my unit will be here tomorrow.
Is there a way to manually put in activity? or does this only work as off body time if you have a unit registered?

celestialwolf
09-15-2010, 12:30 PM
Sorry to hear that your BB died :( I'm pretty sure your GWF armband has to be registered. If you've already setup your profile in the Activity Manager, click the Calories Burned drop down on the Summary page. If there's an option for Edit off-body, then you can enter your data. If not, then you have to have it registered. I know you can't add off-body activity during times you normally sleep or if the armband wasn't off for more 30 min. I hope you'll like your new BMF!

Oceansidemommy
09-15-2010, 06:13 PM
Well I just (today about an hour ago) ordered the Bodymedia unit from Costco. I can hardly wait to get it. :-) I've been "thinking about" this for months and I couldn't stand it any longer so bit the bullet and did it. :)

celestialwolf
09-15-2010, 07:37 PM
Congrads Oceansidemommy :) I bet you'll like it. I can't live without mine!

mkat321
09-17-2010, 11:34 PM
Hubby ordered my bugg this a.m. He even got me the pink frame/band combo and a 'backup' black frame/band since the FB page suggests it for when you need to wash a band. He chose 2nd day air so I'm hoping I get it Tuesday/Wednesday. The order was submitted at 6:30 a.m. PST and it says they process all orders received before 10 a.m. PST on that day, but he hasn't gotten a tracking e-mail yet, just the confirmation so I'm thinking it may well be Wednesday/Thursday.

celestialwolf
09-17-2010, 11:52 PM
Sweet :)

mkat321
09-18-2010, 08:39 AM
Sweet :)

Yeah he is, and so is getting my bugg :) lol. I got the tracking e-mail a couple hours ago while I was sleeping. It was origin scanned at 10:30 last night. Hopefully the Monday a.m. update is good news :)

So the raging debate on the bb FB page is wear it to sleep or not wear it to sleep. I toss and turn alot and once threw my ipod in my sleep for some unknown reason so I don't think I'm going to wear my bb to bed. Anybody here have an opinion?

celestialwolf
09-18-2010, 11:03 AM
I can't speak to the BB because I have a GWF. I know mine can do sleep efficiency so sometimes I wear mine at night but mostly I don't. When it's off your body it estimates your calorie expenditure based on your base expenditure through the day. So even if you don't wear it at night, it will display what it thinks you burned during the time you had it off. The only advantage to wearing at night for you is for curiosity's sake and the more you wear it at night the more accurate future guesstimates will be. I find the guesstimates are about 200ish calories off of my actual burn. For me, that 200 doesn't matter since I don't count those calories against my calories in.

cuteazz1
09-18-2010, 03:04 PM
I have the gowearfit and I wear it at night.It helps me to sleep better by telling me my sleep efficiancy the next day..If I get cravings I remember that I only had 3 hours of sleep the day before and I'll try to get a little water,then rest to see if that helps.....Sometimes I wear it on my right arm because it can get annoying as I sleep on my left side...but for the most part it does not bother me after I fall asleep...I only take mines off while bathing and that's when I charge it and change the strap.

L144S
09-20-2010, 11:59 AM
Last day of summer!
How is everyone doing?

I have switched to the BMF (GWF) since my BB crapped out.
Works the same but I like the website better.

I have not lost a darn thing, up 2 actually. I am wondering if it my new meds.
Anyway still going to plugg away at these last 15....

cammieb
09-20-2010, 11:26 PM
OMG, yaaay. A BB thread. So glad to have noticed this. So, hopefully you guys don't mind, but I have a question for past/current BB users. Did you find you bugg to be accurate in terms of calories burned? Mine has been showing high numbers (4200 cals burned) and I'm really hoping it's right, but it just sounds so high.

L144S
09-21-2010, 02:34 PM
cammie, welcome to the BB thread! glad to have you join us

How long have you been using it. have you worn it for a few days (24/7 for a few days?

Can you post a few stats?
calories in
avtivity time
steps
burn
It might give a better picture.

I found I had to do some readjusting of my program in the first few weeks, but I NEVER burned anything close to 4200 calories in a day. I think my all time best was about 3700. I am about 20lbs less than you and I have to bust my butt for 2500!

mkat321
09-21-2010, 02:42 PM
My Bugg came today! It's charging now. i looked in the book but can't find how long the initial charging takes, anybody know off hand?

L144S
09-21-2010, 02:44 PM
so exciting!
it takes a few hours. wait until the lights stop flashing and turn green.
when you put it on it will have a calorie burn,. it will be based on your stats and based on doing nothing since midnight.
I personall recomend wearing it 24/7 ( I move mine to my righ arm at night) te get a true profile of what you really burn.

Good luck and keep asking!

cammieb
09-21-2010, 07:32 PM
cammie, welcome to the BB thread! glad to have you join us

How long have you been using it. have you worn it for a few days (24/7 for a few days?

Can you post a few stats?
calories in
avtivity time
steps
burn
It might give a better picture.

I found I had to do some readjusting of my program in the first few weeks, but I NEVER burned anything close to 4200 calories in a day. I think my all time best was about 3700. I am about 20lbs less than you and I have to bust my butt for 2500!

Thanks for the quick reply. I've had it for a little over a week and wear it all the time, minus shower time, so 23ish hours a day.

Here are yesterday's stats:
Cals in - 715 (sick so no app)
Activity Time - 2:02
Steps - 5942
Burn - 2934

The high day
Cals in - 1210
Activity time - 6:12 (wth?)
Steps - 20,746
Burn - 4262

I generally average 3000 - 3500 if I'm active, and 2500 - 2750 if I do pretty much nothing all day.

L144S
09-21-2010, 08:02 PM
cammie,
I don't know what you have your bugg set to but your intake and burn is really off.

you should be looking for about 1000 calorie deficit daily, If you are not eating enough you are going to burn out on the program. 3000 calorie deficite is just too much.

Personally, I would try resetting your program.

other than that I don't have any answers, maybe someone else can chime in.

cammieb
09-21-2010, 11:57 PM
cammie,
I don't know what you have your bugg set to but your intake and burn is really off.

you should be looking for about 1000 calorie deficit daily, If you are not eating enough you are going to burn out on the program. 3000 calorie deficite is just too much.

Personally, I would try resetting your program.

other than that I don't have any answers, maybe someone else can chime in.

Yeah, that's what I figured. I didn't know you could reset it. How would I go about doing that? Do you think maybe I should call my personal trainer? (He's from 24 hour fitness and has already tweaked it to up the cals as it wanted me to eat only 1000 cals a day)

Thanks for your help. Weirdness aside, I really love this thing.

mkat321
09-22-2010, 08:44 AM
Okay I have a medium and a large band. I initially put it on the large band but the velcro wasn't lining up and was scratching during strength training so I swapped it out for the medium band. I've had it on all morning and have this weird cold/sore sensation where the bugg sits on my tricep. Should I swap the bands back out or will this eventually go away on it's own?

L144S
09-22-2010, 10:11 AM
cammie,
not going to tell your trainer his job but the best part of the BB is that you can see what you are burning and adjust the cals. So I hope for you that the 1000 cals a day is just a short trem jump to get you going. I would love to know your progress as you move along!

You seem to have a really good metabolizm to be able to burn what you burn. I think you shoul take advantage of that and learn what it takes for you to lose/maintain, never be hungry or deprived.

Mkat, if the M band is too tight go back to the L, sometimes moving the bugg around the arm can prevent sore spots. I move mine several times a day and sleep with it on the right arm.

WSN
09-22-2010, 05:37 PM
A big determinant in how many calories you burn on the GWF/BB is obviously your step count. I've lost a lot of weight at a much quicker pace since I started using this device and at the same time am putting on muscle through regular weight training and eating well. I don't feel like I'm dieting at all, sometimes I practically force myself to eat if I don't feel I've gotten enough protein in for the day given my weight lifting. One of the big things the GWF has done is made me aware of how little walking I was doing before, now I walk all the time in my normal daily routines and try to get 12000 steps in per day. Around half of that I get just at the gym. I'm pretty sure the GWF underestimates calories burned from weight lifting because while I am lifting pretty intensely and working up a huge sweat my calorie burn is pretty low, it only shoots up when I do my cardio afterward. Even when I'm just walking casually it shows around 8 or 9 calories per minute being burned, and that is at just my normal slow leisurely pace a little over 3mph. But when I'm lifting weights and exerting a lot of energy it is giving me probably only around 4 or 5 cals per minute.

Oceansidemommy
09-24-2010, 09:45 PM
Well I got my GWF from Costco 3 days ago...I'm loving it. :-) Yesterday was the first full day, so I'm going to be really intrested to see what the thing has to say (I didn't get the display) this weekend.

So that goes to my next question...should I now get the display? What are your thoughts?

L144S
09-24-2010, 10:23 PM
OSM, :welcome: to 3fc!!!

I like having the display. I will put it on the treadmill and I like to see it durring the day to see where I am. you should know that it is not 100% accurate but close enough.
You might find better prices as you check the internet but it must be bodymedia or gowear fit. BB display will not work.

PinkHoodie
09-26-2010, 12:54 AM
Hi all! I am currently waiting for my BodyBugg. I'm not sure when I will get it exactly since they don't process orders on the weekend, but I'm thinking Wednesday or Thursday. I can't wait to get it. I think it will help me to gage my calories burned better. Anyhow, just wanted to say hello! :)

mkat321
09-26-2010, 12:03 PM
Chiming in to say I love my display. It pushes me to walk more. Hubby and I went to the casino last night for a concert and would normally take the shuttle from our car to the entrance. I wanted to see how many steps it was so we walked it. :) {200 steps each way fwiw}

I've been slightly over on calories a couple of times but still showing deficits so that's good. I am working on being more active to make up the difference though. I have to eat red meat at least every other day for iron & protein and that of course causes calorie #'s to go up. So my only choice is to be more active in order to see the deficits I want to see at the end of the day. Or so I'm telling myself anyways.

augeremt
09-28-2010, 01:09 AM
Here's an update about wearing the GWF on other parts of your body. I conducted a little experiment with biking to work and wearing it all day.

In my bra, left side under the armpit:
Biking to work: 260 calories
Resting rate: 1.4 cal/min

On the back of my left calf (heard it's more accurate for biking than on the back of the arm):
Biking to work: 320 calories total
Resting rate: 1.7 cal/min

And tomorrow I'm going to try the more traditional method of wearing it on my left arm. I've been avoiding that because everyone asks about it and I get embarrassed. I shouldn't, but I still do. I've even started cringing every time someone gets close to my left arm. So hence all these experiments. But it looks like nothing has been close to the results I get from wearing it on my arm. Boo :(

PinkHoodie
09-28-2010, 01:22 PM
My BodyBugg is coming today! Wohoo! Can't wait! I am interested to get it all set up and going. :)

LaBonita
09-29-2010, 01:31 PM
Hey all! I'd like to join in on this thread...I just got my GWF last night. I'm so excited to use it! I put it on last night so that I could see this morning my sleep efficiency....it was at 87%. Not sure if that's good or bad?

Also, I'm going to see tonight whether my inclination is right on whether I'm eating enough calories or not. If it is, I'm going to need a little advice. I may end up having to eat more calories, and if that's the case, I'm really scared to do it. I've been stuck at this weight for the longest time, even though I've been decreasing my calories (which is why I got the GWF, to see if I'm eating the correct #). Should I slowly increase calories or just go for it? Will there be an initial weight gain? If there is, I may stay off the scale for a couple weeks, because I know it will discourage me. Any advice is appreciated.

Then again, I could be all wrong and could be just mis-calculating of mis-measuring my food intake. I'll be back later on tonight to fill everyone in!!

Oceansidemommy
09-29-2010, 02:56 PM
thanks for the replies on the display. It's driving me nuts that I don't know what I'm actually doing so I think I'm going to have to see where I can get one....I think I saw Target.com has it for about $79 so that's less then Bodymedia....:-)

Heather, I've only had mine for about a week and 87% is the best I've gotten on sleeping but I have a 4 and 2 year olds, so sleep is not exactly something I get around here. :-) I'm not sure about increasing your calories, how many calories do you think you're eating now? Are you weighing/measuring everything? You could be eating more then you think. Good luck Heather!!!

L144S
09-29-2010, 04:35 PM
welcome heather!
Here is the thing I found out with the BB/BMF. you may be eating plenty and not moving enough OR you may find that you have a huge burn and not eating enough!

For the forst few weeks I did not change much, I wanted to see what I was doing wrong. for me I found out I was not moving enough. I like to eat so I needed to increse my burn to be able to keep the right ballance. give it a few days of wearing the armband, it is just getting to know you!

As for the sleep, see how you are doing over a few days.

Also I move mine to the right arm at night to give it a break and move it to different spots on my left arm durring the day.

LaBonita
09-30-2010, 12:40 PM
Well you were right....I was definitely not burning enough!! By the end of the day, though (after my workout class and a little cleaning), I was able to up my burn and ended up with a 1,000 calorie deficit. But was only able to eat about 1300 calories. Which is fine, I wasn't hungry or anything. But I definitely want to try to up my burn. I'm guessing my problem before was that I wasn't very consistent and not logging a deficit every day, and it probably evened out to maintenance level by the end of the week. What a great tool! I'm so excited about this! Before I was able to "estimate" my deficit, but now I know FOR SURE that it's working! And if I gain a little water weight I know I won't get discouraged because I'll be able to see the numbers and see that it is working, and just give it a couple more weeks to let it all even out. So excited! Definitely worth the $$$$!!!

Oceansidemommy
09-30-2010, 04:42 PM
Heather
So glad you figured it out. :-) I love mine, the other day I had a bounce up (not much but a little bounce up) and sure enough, ate more then usual and didn't exercise as much. It was a very long weekend and begining of the week, everyone but me sick and a slab leak, but I'm back on track and am slowly inching my way down pound by pound.

I do have a question, is anyone else having problems with it not logging results at night? I've had 2 nights now where it has a few hours of "nothing". I'm guessing it's not laying right on my arm at night and turning itself off.

Prism21
10-02-2010, 12:15 PM
Hi everyone!!! I'm new here. I found your site by googling forums for the Bodybugg because the one on the APEX site is horrible, although I am a part of a Team on there, too.

I just started wearing my Bodybugg this week so it's really my first week. I'm looking for support and to offer it as well. Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
Prism

Prism21
10-02-2010, 12:19 PM
I highly recommend the display. It really helps me to see how I'm doing throughout the day because I cannot always upload my info into the computer. The 24hour fitness online store has free shipping and their price is $74 right now. I just ordered a pink strap so that I can alternate while washing one. I'm thinking about ordering the wireless communicator because years ago I had the white Bugg and I used that alot but it came included and wasn't at an extra cost.

thanks for the replies on the display. It's driving me nuts that I don't know what I'm actually doing so I think I'm going to have to see where I can get one....I think I saw Target.com has it for about $79 so that's less then Bodymedia....:-)

Heather, I've only had mine for about a week and 87% is the best I've gotten on sleeping but I have a 4 and 2 year olds, so sleep is not exactly something I get around here. :-) I'm not sure about increasing your calories, how many calories do you think you're eating now? Are you weighing/measuring everything? You could be eating more then you think. Good luck Heather!!!

L144S
10-02-2010, 01:48 PM
:Welcome: Prism 21 to 3FC and to the BB/BMF/GWF/ Exerspy/ dot fit/Kifit support.
Check out the site, there is tons of help and information all over the place great people and lots of info.
I agree about the apex forum, it is impossible to search and it is annoying that BB never answers questions.

There is a BB page on FB and bodymedia fit too. BMF has a guy named Nik whe will answer questions and since BB is made by BMF it may be a good place to post too.

Anyway be well, welcome again and happy Buggin'

Prism21
10-02-2010, 11:59 PM
^^ Thanks for the info, L144S! I had no idea about the Bodymedia site and now I'm shopping for skins. They look like they'll fit the Bugg.

L144S
10-03-2010, 06:54 AM
They do as do the arm bands. All of above mentioned are exactly the same hardware they just run on different software.

Oceansidemommy
10-04-2010, 04:10 PM
Hey thanks for the info on the FB page don't know why I didn't think about looking there. Anways BMF has a contest daily I can't post the exact web page but go to bodymedia /site/ice_cream.html# maybe you can win one.

pamelasusan39
10-11-2010, 08:12 PM
I have the GWF (LOVE IT) and have been using it for about 2 weeks now.
Wondering if it's worth the extra investment to get the display. I love watching the calorie spike after working out but wonder if seeing it on the spot would be that much more motivating.

L144S
10-11-2010, 08:17 PM
I was just going to post over here. I have been checking out the FB page for BB and BMF.

As for the display, I have one and I like it, I like it when I walk so I can see how much more I have to go or how well I have done. I like to watch the step count and the mod/vig activity too.

If you have the cash, I think it is worth it.

tip. the watch band is way ugly, I use the clip, wear it in my bra but I also used a craft sticky dot inside befor twisting it shut.

Prism21
10-12-2010, 11:41 PM
The display is a must-have for me. It is my mini cheerleader I can carry in my pocket or purse. I love when the alarm goes off that I have met my Moderate Activity and Step goals. I sometimes wear it clipped onto my armband.

pamelasusan39
10-13-2010, 08:02 AM
I might ask for one as a "I love you" present from my BF. He's the one who bought me the GFW and really is supportive of all of my hard work.

Now how to drop the hint ??? ;)

Happy2Smile
10-13-2010, 09:06 AM
Hi everyone, I am new to 3FC, although I have had my Bodybugg for awhile now. I am sure it is on here, although I just don't have the time to go through and read all of the threads.

What is your average calories burned in a typical day?

I started using mine again Monday and so far I average 2800, I would like to get up to 4000 a day, although not sure if that is really realistic???

Thanks

Prism21
10-13-2010, 11:36 AM
I might ask for one as a "I love you" present from my BF. He's the one who bought me the GFW and really is supportive of all of my hard work.

Now how to drop the hint ??? ;)

I'm a master at hints being married for so long but usually I'm too impatient to wait and see if he's going to come through so I just order whatever I want and sweeten him up later.

Prism21
10-13-2010, 11:41 AM
Mine varies. If it's a gym day, I usually burn 2200-2400 cal that day.
4000 calories burned a day seems very high to me.

Hi everyone, I am new to 3FC, although I have had my Bodybugg for awhile now. I am sure it is on here, although I just don't have the time to go through and read all of the threads.

I started using mine again Monday and so far I average 2800, I would like to get up to 4000 a day, although not sure if that is really realistic???

Thanks

pamelasusan39
10-13-2010, 11:47 AM

Thanks

On a workout day I average about the same as you.......I work out pretty hard too. I think that 4000 would be really, really hard. You would have to work out for hours probably. :?:

Happy2Smile
10-13-2010, 12:18 PM
Thanks ladies, I felt that I was aiming too high, I just started working out again so I didn't know if what I am burning was "normal" or if I should expect it to go up.

L144S
10-13-2010, 07:50 PM
Hello all,
I don't know if you all have been watching but bodymedia and Bodybugg are both coming out with bluetooth arm bands!

The will connect to your smartphone via bluetooth for up to the min. stats. I think it will be available Nov. 5. No DD required

In case you have the current models, there will be a new app that will allow you to see a snapshot from the last time you uploased via computer and I believe you can do the food logging too.

Not sure about which phones will be compatable, guessing the driod and Iphone for sure maybe the blackberry, but apps for the blackberry are tough to make.

I just got my BMF about 4 weeks ago so I am not jumping on board for the new band but I am excited about the new technology!

In case you just got one

Prism21
10-13-2010, 09:05 PM
^^^ Wow, a bluetooth armband sounds exciting! I may jump on this depending on price.

L144S
10-13-2010, 09:08 PM
Opps, should have posted the price. I *think* it will be 229 not sure about membership (3-6-12 months) and it will not come with a Digital display. so same price as the unit with the DD right now.

Prism21
10-13-2010, 10:17 PM
I couldn't help myself, I researched the price. It's on the 24hr site for $249 with a 6 month membership. I have an iphone but really like the DD so I'm not sold yet, especially when I have a new one here. I'll have to wait for the price to drop before I take the plunge. I'll be wanting the $249 to buy new CLOTHES!

bodybuggSP personal calorie management system: GREY
Your Price - $249.00

Prism21
10-14-2010, 06:42 PM
Well, I showed my sis how the Bodybugg works and logged onto my account at her house and she was sold in 15 minutes! She asked me which I'd buy right now if I needed another and I looked around online to price them out and I said the GFW since it seems like they have a better website. Do you think it's more updated, L144S? Would you still go for the GFW again?

She's already placed the order and the thought occurred to me that the price on these might drop with the new version coming out. Any thoughts?

edited: Or do you have Bodymedia, L144S? She wanted the best price...I totally forgot to see what the cost on the Bodymedia was.

L144S
10-14-2010, 10:45 PM
I would get the gwf bmf for sure. Price is really close and I like the vigorous activity as well as moderate. Sleep function is interesting and helpful if you look at lack of sleep and over eating and I like the user interface better. As far as waiting for the new versions, it would have to be a personal preference. Bluetooth is not a seller for me but it might be fir others . The digital display is fine with me for now.

augeremt
10-14-2010, 11:06 PM
Anyone having trouble with the armband breaking? As in, the glue coming off the back of the velcro (where the velcro attaches to the rubber part to adjust the size of the band)?

I've had two armbands now and they've both broken in the same way. I'm going to try to sew the velcro back onto the rubber part to see if that'll stay (I've tried various glues but none of them have worked) because I don't want to buy something that'll break.

Has anyone else had this problem? Or am I just doing something wrong?

Prism21
10-14-2010, 11:23 PM
^^^ I've been reading some complaints about this on the Apex website recently. Some posters are saying that they glue it back on while some have worn theirs for years many months with no issues because they just stretch and slip the armband off and on.

I did read that if you call and complain, they'll send you a free one.

augeremt
10-15-2010, 03:58 AM
Prism21 - Thanks! I'll give them a call in the morning. I figure if two of them have broken, I should have a compelling case. Maybe. We'll see. :)

Chrissykin
10-15-2010, 10:26 AM
I bought a pack of little black velcro dots @ Walmart and just put a new one on the band when the old one pulls off.

rdw1
10-15-2010, 11:00 AM
Have you tried the E6000 Industrial strength glue? its pretty amazing stuff! But, takes at least 24 hours to cure... Can be found in the craft section of stores. I use it for attaching stuff to clothing and it washes fine.

Remisgod
10-15-2010, 03:20 PM
Jumping in here, have had a BB since Feb and like most LOVE it. My Velcro also came off. It happened while rolling over in my sleep. Tried superglue and it broke again. Had a safety pin in it for a long time. Then recently purchased some 3M/ Scotch "Clear Mounting Squares" at Target. Actually bought them to attach my display to the clip (which didn't work bc you have to turn it) but ended up putting one between the Velcro circle and where it is supposed to sit. So if you still have the Velcro that will work. Has held up really well through sleeping, workouts and all. Still don't know what to do about the display though. I don't want to try superglue bc then I might not be able to change the battery. And that's awesome about the Bluetooth band! Wish I could afford to upgrade, I hate having to plug into PC at home to upload... I use my phone for everything

CelticHarpie
10-15-2010, 05:11 PM
Well, I'm back on the bodybugg wagon after some big changes (moved to a new state, new house, new job, etc.). I now have time to cook, so it should make things easier.

The other bit of good news is that there is a walking/biking path in my neighborhood, and I'm finally living in a state that does not have 100 degree fall weather!

I'm also glad to find you can update your calories consumed via iPhone now.

Anyway, it's good to be doing something again :) I'm off for a walk now!

mkat321
10-16-2010, 09:19 AM
Good Saturday morning fellow Bugg users. :) For some reason this thread fell off my user CP. Right around the same time the whole house got sick with a shorter version of our September plague. Lots of comfort foods and fast food were consumed over the last couple weeks by all. But I'm back now and ready to get back to living my plan and working it.

My bugg band hasn't stopped sticking yet but it's got loose threads so I'm sure it won't be long. I have a couple of extra bands but one of them is a size medium and I'm trying to save it until my upper arm measurements are smaller. I'm keeping an eye on the methods everyone is posting to keep it working as long as possible.

Does anyone have the wireless communicator? I'm thinking of asking for it for Christmas, since it will cut down alot of the whole strap breakdown thing. And if I'm honest, because I think I'd be more on top of entering my foods and what not as well with the extra incentive of being able to see my burn without unstrapping, un-snapping the bugg from the armband, and putting in the usb cord and all that.

hhichick
10-16-2010, 09:53 AM
I am coming up on my one year anniversary with my GWF and I still love it!

I still have the same arm band. I've had to super glue the little circle back on when it's come off . . . a few times now. But I'm treating myself to a new one for my anniversary!

CelticHarpie
10-20-2010, 01:06 PM
I went to log into my bodybugg account today and they are advertising their next generation bugg. This time it syncs directly onto your iPhone, iPod Touch or Android phone.

I already have version 3 with the digital display. This would simply remove the need for the digital display and allow you to see instantaneous results without having to download.

I have to admit, I'm kind of tempted. My mom is interested in getting a bugg. I could buy this and give my mom my current bugg.

Has anyone seen these yet? I'd be interested to see how the interface actually works.

L144S
10-20-2010, 01:37 PM
Hi CH, :welcome: to 3fc!

The new units, both BB and the Body media fit are due out in a few weeks. both have an app coming iphone and droid2? that will show a snap shot of what you have uploaded from your usb cable for the current v3, gwf,bmf users. I also believe you will be able to input food.

My take so far is that the bluetooth although cool may not be worth the upcharge to switch. I personally like the DD, I wear it tucked in my bra, no strap no clip and I don't find it a problem at all. Not sure I want to be checking my phone when I am on the tradmill. I also worry that it may interfrear with the bluetooth built into my car, and I worry abpout battery drain if the bluetooth is on on my phone, which it is all the time, but it only cnnects in my car, but both my BMF and my phone are on me most of the time, but these are just my concerns.

Also if you are looking to get a new unit, go with the BMF, it does more including moderate AND vigorous activity along with the sleep function, the website is easier to use and log food and the graphs are better too. I had a BB for about 18 months before it crapped out and CS at BB would not help me to get a new unit. I will also add that on the BMF FB page they ALWAYS answer questions. In my 2 years with BB no one ever answered anyone's questions.

Anyway, again WELCOME! hope you will hang around and keep us posted if you chose to get a new blutooth unit!

Prism21
10-20-2010, 01:37 PM
^^
Celtic Harpie,
I was tempted to upgrade when I saw the $50 off promo, too. But then I thought how much easier it is to whip out my DD while at the gym or on a walk. And I don't have to worry about dropping and breaking my DD as I would my iphone. I really like my DD and don't want to give it up at this point. I think I'd rather invest in the wireless communicator to upload my info daily without having to take off my band. I had that with my old Bugg and it was great. As outdated as the Apex site is, I'm not sure how great the new Bugg will be. I wish they could updated the program over there instead.

Oh and btw, I agree with L144S, if my Bugg were to die today, I'd go with the GFW or the Bodymedia. My sister just purchased the GFW and the site is a great improvement over the apex site.

mkat321
10-20-2010, 02:11 PM
I saw the promo too. I don't have a droid or anything, just an itouch so it's not something that would work for me.

I met and exceeded my calorie burn, steps and moderate activity goals yesterday for the first time since the second day I had the bugg. I got sick on the third day and was pretty much bed and brief car ride bound for the last couple of weeks. It felt really good to get back to it.

Prism21
10-20-2010, 03:20 PM
Glad you are on the mend. I know how frustrating it is. I just had major dental surgery that had me in bed for 3 days and unable to leave the house for a week. I cleaned my daughter's room yesterday which was a mess and exceeded my calorie burn goal by 500.

I saw the promo too. I don't have a droid or anything, just an itouch so it's not something that would work for me.

I met and exceeded my calorie burn, steps and moderate activity goals yesterday for the first time since the second day I had the bugg. I got sick on the third day and was pretty much bed and brief car ride bound for the last couple of weeks. It felt really good to get back to it.

TobyToby
10-20-2010, 07:02 PM
Hi there,

My BMF came today and I'm charging it as I write!:carrot: I'm hoping this will be the thing that gets me off my behind and back to working out.

Question: has anyone worn the armband on their leg instead of arm? If so, was it just as reliable? We're still experiencing warm weather here, and I'm not up for answering "what's that?" all day long.

Thanks and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!

TobyToby

L144S
10-20-2010, 07:57 PM
Toby Toby, :welcome: to 3FC!
Congrats on your new purchase. I have worn it on my leg, the readings can be "off" but you won't know by how much until you have worn it on your arm for a few days.

Remisgod
10-20-2010, 08:18 PM
I second that. Best to wear on your arm for several days so you know your normal amount for the day. Maybe you have some short sleeved shirts that are long enough to cover it? I manage to wear mine at work through most of the summer mostly because I have shirts with long enough sleeves. On days I wear shorter sleeved I do put it on my calf and it's close but if you're a fidgeter like me and shake your leg the calorie count will be way too high. Outside of work I don't worry about it showing. Most people, unless they know you, don't ask. Friends and family, though, definitely ask. And they'll either think it's really cool or that you're crazy and obsessive. Or maybe that's just done of my friends... Because I am crazy and obsessive :dizzy:

Kriket84
10-20-2010, 08:52 PM
After much deliberation and research, my GWF came today :) It's charging as we speak!

I have been doing so well with my eating, and doing a little eh with my exercise. Hopefully this will be a little motivation!

I am amped about being able to see my sleep patterns too. I know I don't get enough sleep (I have a baby who nurses)

Subbing and looking forward to being in on this discussion!

Prism21
10-20-2010, 10:47 PM
I haven't had a stranger ask about the Bugg yet. I plan on just saying that it's a pedometer and then if they're interested (and I have time) I'll give more info.

WSN
10-20-2010, 10:47 PM
Down to 225 now for a total of 77 pounds since beginning of June. Goal is to get just under 200 and then will focus more on muscle building for a while (I'm a guy) with slower fat loss. It's definitely been getting harder, used to average at least 4 pounds per week and now its down to around 3. Used to average calorie burns around 4000 and now get around 3500 per day. The GWF along with the display has been a HUGE factor in helping me out, I can't overstate it enough.

Prism21
10-20-2010, 10:53 PM
Great job, WSN!

mkat321
10-21-2010, 09:30 AM
That's awesome WSN! Do you get any weird looks or anything as a guy wearing a bb? Hubby has expressed interest in getting one and I'm wondering if it will really be that big of an issue socially since he's a guy and what not.

WSN
10-21-2010, 11:53 AM
That's awesome WSN! Do you get any weird looks or anything as a guy wearing a bb? Hubby has expressed interest in getting one and I'm wondering if it will really be that big of an issue socially since he's a guy and what not.

I'm not sure why it matters being a guy, I never thought of the device as a female thing. Its just an activity monitor. Its always covered by my sleeves whether long or short but most people I know do know that I wear it. I talk about it whenever people ask me about my weight loss. When I wear t-shirts it can peek out at times and if someone asks what it is I tell them. Nothing embarrasing about it. In fact it looks a lot like an mp3 player people wear on their arms. At my gym it seems like almost everyone has an armband with their mp3 player/iphone. This looks the same. He shouldn't worry at all.

mkat321
10-23-2010, 09:54 AM
I'm not sure why it matters being a guy, I never thought of the device as a female thing. Its just an activity monitor. Its always covered by my sleeves whether long or short but most people I know do know that I wear it. I talk about it whenever people ask me about my weight loss. When I wear t-shirts it can peek out at times and if someone asks what it is I tell them. Nothing embarrasing about it. In fact it looks a lot like an mp3 player people wear on their arms. At my gym it seems like almost everyone has an armband with their mp3 player/iphone. This looks the same. He shouldn't worry at all.

Ah okay. I have gotten a couple of comments along the lines of "stupid things women do to act like they're trying to get in shape." regarding my bugg so that kind of made me question getting one for him. He's self conscious enough about his weight and suffers from PTSD and a borderline traumatic brain injury besides so I try not to do anything that would add to his stress load.

azaleagirl
10-28-2010, 06:39 AM
Hi, I just found yall and so glad...I have had my bb for a couple weeks and really love it. Wish I had really done more research because I probably would have gone with the gwf...sounds better. I bought my bb from QVC only because it was a great price and they let me pay in 3 installments, which was easier for me.

Anyway, glad to be part of the group and look forward to much success. I have lost about 6 lbs so far...it really is great to really know what is going on with my efforts.:^:

L144S
10-28-2010, 01:44 PM
Aalea Girl! :welcome: to 3FC and welcom to our thread! you are going to love your BB/BMF. best tool out there for understanding how YOU lose weight.

I wanted to let everyone know that the BodyBugg app and the BodyMedia apps for iphone/iPod touch is out and availabl to download for free from the itunes app store!
I am seeing that the droid app for the BMF/GWF is coming soon so hang in there! not sure about BB release for the droid there seems to be little out there from Apex. BMF fit is saying that there will most likely NOT be a Blackberry app as they are very hard to develop. The new Bluetooth armbands are due out soon. Kind of exciting!

Hope this info helps

augeremt
10-29-2010, 09:02 PM
My bugg band hasn't stopped sticking yet but it's got loose threads so I'm sure it won't be long. I have a couple of extra bands but one of them is a size medium and I'm trying to save it until my upper arm measurements are smaller. I'm keeping an eye on the methods everyone is posting to keep it working as long as possible.

mkat321 - Sorry for the late response but here's an update about the unsticking band.

I tried the Scotch clear mounting squares, but they didn't work very well. They stuck to the rubber fine, but wouldn't hold onto the velcro piece at all.

So I found a really large needle and hand-sewed the velcro to the rubber piece. It doesn't look too pretty and will probably need to be redone in the near future since I did it super fast late last night (couldn't deal with taping it any longer), but it looks to be the most effective method in getting it all to stay together.

CelticHarpie
11-01-2010, 12:30 AM
How did everyone survive Halloween? I managed to get by with just eating one Reese's miniature and one Almond Joy snack size. Unfortunately, we ended up with a ton of extra candy... which will be donated to other offices at my work this week!

It's times like this that I constantly check my digital display to make sure that I'm hitting my activity and burn goals. Which I did!

Beginning of my third week back on the wagon and I'm down 6lbs so far. Woo hoo!

Hope that you all had more treats than tricks!

hhichick
11-01-2010, 09:56 AM
OMG, I love the Droid interface!

I switched over to logging my food at Bodymedia again - it's taking a bit of getting used to but it'll be so nice to have it all in one place again. (I've been using fatsecret and the calorie counter droid app to track calories and then logging daily estimates.)

But, is there any way to log your weight using your phone? I can't find it.

I really really want the bluetooth armband now, though. Maybe my Christmas gift to myself. :)

It's been one year since I started using the GWF and calorie counting - happy birthday to me! I'm down 49 pounds during this year - just under a pound a week. I don't lose what the GWF thinks I should - I'm sure it thinks I'm lying about what I eat :) - but it's very consistent so it works for me!! :)

L144S
11-01-2010, 12:13 PM
Survived Halloween by buying full size bars. NEVER do I have a full size bar. the Mini's are easy on the other hand! My son did come home with a pillow case of candy and I did have 2 butterfinger bars this AM, alas had it been a big bar I would have never touched it. I was also over my calorie burn by almost 600 calories yesterday with a great dog walk in the woods and then truning over the summer and winter cloths :)

HH AWSOME! a LB a week is great. I have not lost anything in months, but I am on the mends from my Crohn's flair up since last spring and adjusting to the meds fairly well. SO I am happy with that and really happy for you!

Here is an update on the Bluetooth as I know it.
The BB version is having a few issues and true to form BB is not mass helping the users by posting on the BB message board or on FB. consumers seemed to be peeved about the firmware problems. I am not sure BMF will have the same problems as BB since the software is different but maybe a few. Many are upset over at BB because they have not offered a fair upgrade for people who bought a V3 recently, nor have they offered a trade in. BMF has mentioned a trade in program on the FB page but who knows if anything will really come of it.

I personally am not ready to give up my DD, I did get my BMF the end of September so so far I am sticking with what I got :)

Have a great day everyone!

The BMF BT is avaialbe for pre order. http://www.amazon.com/Bodymedia-Mobile-Weight-Management-System/dp/B0049POHK6/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1288627480&sr=8-5

I too love the apps and have not found a place to enter weight, I wonder if they forgot or it is only visable via bt?

Oh well, I personally think there are for sure some kinks to work out, BMF is open to suggestions and ask that you email them for updates you would like to see in the app!

L144S
11-01-2010, 04:42 PM
copied this off the facebook page: Good and bad news for the current GWF and BMF users :)

BodyMedia FIT (http://www.facebook.com/BodyMediaFIT) Are we going to offer a trade in deal for current users? – YES. When will we offer it? – It depends. The problem is we have NO idea how many Amazon pre-orders will be placed. Since we announced the mobile launch in October, we’ve had over 400 million media impressions. If demand is so high that we deplete our inventory down to nothing – we’ll have to delay the trade in program till we replenish stock. Decide for yourself whether you can wait to get Armband BW or not. Only you know what’s right for you.

Prism21
11-04-2010, 12:20 PM
How's everybody doing? I got through Halloween by eating just a few fun size bars. Those things really get me in trouble so I made a point to go log it in immediately after eating it.

Is anyone interested in doing weekly weigh ins? Or where in this forum do people do that? I like the accountability of it and that's why I did so well at WW but I hated paying the fee just for that.

mkat321
11-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Doing alright. Had a weight spike at the end of october due to an injury but it's back down now to where it was pre-spike.

I have to admit I am a bit irritated that when I logged my weight last week, I got the dreaded red #'s and the 'your log says your intake was X but your weight says you're lying" 'lecture' Um no, I'm a woman, said so in my set-up info. Once or twice a month no matter if I have my whole body vacuumed out, I'll weigh more than I would otherwise weigh due to that fact.

I know it's petty but you would think they could add that factor into the program, kwim?

CelticHarpie
11-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Is anyone interested in doing weekly weigh ins? Or where in this forum do people do that? I like the accountability of it and that's why I did so well at WW but I hated paying the fee just for that.

I would definitely be interested in doing weekly weigh ins. It works well for me when I have to be accountable other people! If we do, I would request Friday mornings as the weigh in. Gives you a chance to correct any weekend mistakes ;)

pamelasusan39
11-07-2010, 09:54 AM
I would definitely be interested in doing weekly weigh ins. It works well for me when I have to be accountable other people! If we do, I would request Friday mornings as the weigh in. Gives you a chance to correct any weekend mistakes ;)

I would be on board for doing weekly weigh ins.

Prism21
11-07-2010, 12:30 PM
That's 3 of us that are interested in weekly weigh ins. Anyone else? Friday mornings are best for me, too, for the same reason that CelticHarpie mentioned. It gives you a whole week to recover from the weekend.

mkat321
11-07-2010, 09:27 PM
I'm up for weekly weigh-ins as well

L144S
11-15-2010, 06:46 PM
Hi everyone!
So here is the latest as I know it. Note the dates that the upgrades are available!

BodyBugg is offering an "upgrade" to current users to the SP version for $200 follow the link on the APEX and Bodybugg page. You must be a current acount holder
Here is what the page says wen you log into your account

Special upgrade pricing on the new bodybuggSP - back by popular demand!Buy now for $199 (http://my.apexfitness.com/products/product_details.php?item=6012-UP)

<LI class=MsoNormal>Same benefits plus – Real-time results through your iPhone, iPod or Android
Tracks Calories, steps and activityOffer expires 11/30/10
Note: The bodybugg Calorie Management System must be purchased separately from other bodybugg accessories and nutritional products. Not compatible with the Digital Display. Must own an existing bodybugg (version 3)

BodyMedia is also offering an upgrade for current users (GWF too) for $175
with 3 months added to your current account.

Here is what they have to say
BodyMedia FIT

Officially announcing the release of BodyMedia FIT Armband BW! AND the trade up offer for current users that decide Armband BW is for them – Buy yours online at BodyMedia.com between 11/15 and 11/21 and receive a $75 mail-in rebate! If we run out of stock with this limited time sale, your order will be backordered. Don’t worry though - the rebate plus free shipping will be applied and ship to you early next year.

mkat321
11-17-2010, 06:28 PM
I'm loving my bugg and not ready to upgrade it yet but thanks for the info.

Today was measurement day for my bodybugg. The results aren't perfect, considering it's been 8 weeks since my initial measurements. but considering I was down 3 weeks with the flu from **** and 1 from the knee injury, I'm happy. Here's where I'm at

1 inch off R upper arm,
2 inches off waist,
1 inch off R thigh,
Fat mass has gone down 19.2 pounds
Lean mass has gone up 20.3 pounds

mulder1921
11-17-2010, 08:27 PM
Hi everybody!
Back to wearing my GWF. I fell off the wagon over the summer with a combo of travel, foot injury, and depression getting in the way.

Glad to see how great everybody is doing!

L144S
11-17-2010, 09:24 PM
welcome back Mkat!
Hope your time off wasn't too bad and you are healing well.
I too am not ready to upgrade, going to have to pass on the above deals. I will send in my broken bugg to BMF as they do recycle them for medical use.

My friend is getting the BMFBW, I hope she will have it by friday so I can get a look but if not she is joining our family for TG so I will for sure get a looksee then....

Keep on buggin everyone and hope everyone is doing ok!

Prism21
11-17-2010, 11:40 PM
Hi everyone! I'm still buggin' along. We took our kids to Disneyland to celebrate birthdays and I'm having a hard time getting back on track. We had a few too many McDonald's meals while there and I'm holding my breath hoping all those extra calories aren't currently taking up residence in my fat cells. lol

Great job, Mkat!!!! I'll post my stats on Friday so we can try and get a weekly weigh in going for those that are interested.

Prism21
11-17-2010, 11:43 PM
welcome back Mkat!
Hope your time off wasn't too bad and you are healing well.
I too am not ready to upgrade, going to have to pass on the above deals. I will send in my broken bugg to BMF as they do recycle them for medical use.

My friend is getting the BMFBW, I hope she will have it by friday so I can get a look but if not she is joining our family for TG so I will for sure get a looksee then....

Keep on buggin everyone and hope everyone is doing ok!

Interesting that they recycle them. I'll keep that in mind.
Please do share your thoughts on the BMFBW.

mkat321
11-18-2010, 09:15 AM
Hi everyone! I'm still buggin' along. We took our kids to Disneyland to celebrate birthdays and I'm having a hard time getting back on track. We had a few too many McDonald's meals while there and I'm holding my breath hoping all those extra calories aren't currently taking up residence in my fat cells. lol

Great job, Mkat!!!! I'll post my stats on Friday so we can try and get a weekly weigh in going for those that are interested.

TY :) I am still weighing in but am more interested right now in tracking my inches since I seem to be losing those faster than #'s. My size 26P jeans that were snuggish when I bought them a month and a half ago are now loose enough that I have to pull them up occasionally. :carrot: So if it's okay with everyone else I'll be posting my weight & base measurements?

Prism21
11-19-2010, 08:47 PM
Well, despite 4 days in Disneyland this past week, my weigh in was still ok and I'm down 1.5 lbs.

This week: 152.5
Last week: 154

Prism21
11-23-2010, 06:45 PM
Does the Bodymedia display work on the GWF armband?

My sis can't find the GWF branded display anywhere. I wonder if it went clearance? Anyone see them on clearance at Target or anywhere?

L144S
11-24-2010, 03:46 PM
yes. the GWF is now BMF, the DD that won't work is the Body Bugg.

The new silver display looks good.
Having issues with my GWF DD hoping they will swap it out.

graycyn
12-02-2010, 04:22 PM
Very new Gowear FIT user here! Just wanted to pop in and say hi! I figure it'll help me find the thread again!

So far I like the device, but it hasn't yet improved my weight loss efforts. It is giving me a better idea of my actual burn though I think, and I clearly need to work on moving more. I picked mine up used on eBay for $82 shipped as a unit that had only been used a few weeks. I ordered a display during the Thanksgiving sale on BodyMedia.com and that should arrive next week.

L144S
12-02-2010, 08:47 PM
welcome graycyn! keep us posted on your progress.

graycyn
12-02-2010, 09:02 PM
Thank you! I made it to the gym today and walked, got over my 5000 step goal for the day, so I'm happy! Now to keep the calories in bounds... but so far, so good!

iamkaren
12-03-2010, 12:52 PM
Hi Everyone,

A few days ago I ordered the older version of GWF from a seller on amazon. It's new (actually I guess 'unused' would be more accurate). The Seller had it for a year but never used it. Got it for $159 and thought that was a decent price. I just hope everything works properly. Eventually, I'll get the display.

I'm hoping this will be the thing that will help me succeed. I've been losing/gaining the same 40 pounds for years. I have night-eating syndrome so I wake in the middle of the night and eat. I'm certain that the sleep monitor will show that my sleeping is highly disturbed since I never stay in bed for more than 2 hours at a time.

Looking forward to joining this group.

graycyn
12-03-2010, 11:36 PM
Chances are it'll work fine... I mean, I've bought two slightly used ones that seem to be functioning just as they should. But if not, return policies at Amazon.com are usually pretty good, even for the marketplace sellers, I think they have to take returns.

I don't know that it's a magic tool for success, one still has to eat a deficit, but it's definitely a good learning tool! That said, I ate maintenance calories today and hadn't meant to do that, oops! OTOH, I got in my activity and steps. It has definitely motivated me to move more.

I picked one up for hubby on eBay as well, along with the display for $115 for both shipped. As he puts it "It is telling me things I don't want to hear." LOL! He knows he needs to move way more than he does. Otherwise, I think he really likes seeing the data so neatly laid out. He is finding the display useful. My display comes next week, I think having that will motivate me to move even more.

Hubby uses a CPAP machine for sleep apnea, so he was happy to see that his sleep efficiency is decent, though he also found out that he needs to get a bit more sleep than he does. I sleep like the proverbial log, except for having to get up to pee. So I learned I need to curtail my water drinking in the evenings and get more in during the day.

Prism21
12-05-2010, 04:46 PM
Hey all! If anyone is in the market for one, Costco has a sale this month (through Dec 19 while supplies last) on the Bodymedia for $169.99 after $40 off and it comes with a 1 year membership! Such a deal!!! I almost want to buy one for myself instead of my Bodybugg.

graycyn
12-05-2010, 10:30 PM
Two more days to wait before my display watch should come! I could have used it yesterday. Missed my step goal by a mere 45 steps, sigh.

L144S
12-06-2010, 06:31 AM
45 steps is no big deal so don't sweat it. Today is a new day!

graycyn
12-06-2010, 01:32 PM
I guess the steps wasn't a huge factor... I weighed in this AM and had a pound loss! Which is the best I've done in several weeks. I really wasn't expecting any loss at all, because I ate too much this week.

Daily burn average: 2245 (Target 2200)
Calories in average: 1999 (Target 1700)
Calorie balance: 246 deficit per day average
Physical activity average: 35 minutes (Target 30 minutes)
Step average: 4746 (Target 5000)
Sleep average: 7 hours 30 minutes (Target 8 hours)
My sleep efficiency is pretty good though for a 50+ gal... usually anywhere from mid to high 80s up to 94%. I blame the Tempurpedic.

L144S
12-06-2010, 03:20 PM
graycyn, good job on the lb down

iamkaren
12-06-2010, 11:20 PM
My GWF arrived and I'm disappointed. It's missing the USB cord and it looks used - not new as was advertised. The associated paperwork even has a dried glob of food on it! yuck! And I paid about $165 with shipping.

I'm going to return it and order one from Costco. Thank you so much for that information about the sale. I had searched at Costco under 'gowear fit' and didn't find a match. I didn't realize the name had changed - so thank you so much!

L144S
12-07-2010, 10:14 AM
I would return it too. costco is a good deal because they have the 1yr membership.

I had a great day yesterday.
19113 steps
2795 burned
2000 consumed (chanukah party)
2 hrs of walking activity :-)
yeah me :-)

graycyn
12-07-2010, 01:15 PM
My GWF arrived and I'm disappointed. It's missing the USB cord and it looks used - not new as was advertised. The associated paperwork even has a dried glob of food on it! yuck! And I paid about $165 with shipping.

I'm going to return it and order one from Costco. Thank you so much for that information about the sale. I had searched at Costco under 'gowear fit' and didn't find a match. I didn't realize the name had changed - so thank you so much!

Return it. And leave the seller appropriate feedback once you have your money back. If you wanted used, you can get it for much less on eBay. And probably in better condition too!

Sorry you have to wait longer to get yours!

graycyn
12-07-2010, 01:26 PM
19113 steps
2795 burned

WOW! That is a great day! I have trouble getting to my 5000 step goal most days. I can not even imagine 19,000+ steps! Maybe as I get the weight off my ankles, feet and bad knee.

I did good yesterday for me, managed 2 miles non-stop. I was having a relatively good ankle/foot day. My left ankle was not painful like it can be, just kind of numbish the second mile.

L144S
12-07-2010, 03:03 PM
good shoes are a big key for me.
also as the weight comes off you will find you HAVE to do more to get the weight off and reach your calorie goals. just a reality. it will get easier as you move along and don't forget to push yourself.

Prism21
12-07-2010, 07:50 PM
You're welcome! It's a great deal. I'm still considering ordering the Bodymedia for myself and giving my Bugg to my DH to use for the activity monitoring. He would never track his food.

That is terrible that your GWF arrived in that condition. That's so gross and disappointing!

Prism21
12-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Wow, what a great day! I struggle to get in 2000 steps on my non-gym days. I guess I need to do more REAL shopping and less online shopping. lol

I would return it too. costco is a good deal because they have the 1yr membership.

19113 steps
2795 burned

L144S
12-07-2010, 09:47 PM
Thanks, Prism,
it is an effort to move some days. I walk outside usually 5 days a week with the dog (walking friends help as do audiobooks when friends can't walk) and I also try to walk for an hour on the treadmill at home for an hour of tv time.

It has been a big key in helping keep the weight off, as does the BMF because the numbers help me see where I am.

I highly recomend adding steps to your day, it certaily helps meet the calorie burn :-)

doing well today so far, 300 calories over my burn and 17171 in steps so far :-) 2:45 of activity

tytbody
12-07-2010, 10:45 PM
This is my first post to this site. Hello all. I don't know where to do intros but since i'm here, HI. ((((((waving)))) I came to this site via looking at this bodybugg, Gowearfit, mediafit. And it came up in the search engine. So, glad to see that it's being used and that you all love it. I guess from what I've read the one at Costco is the best so far. I'm not a costco member so that's going to end up costing me as much as the newer one.

I see I won't need a digital as they say that's a waste of money. The important thing is the band and the computer right?

Most of my exercise will be in the house anyhow so I really don't care if I see it on my iphone or not. I don't go to the gym.

Well, I'm lurking and learning as I've also just joined WW since Oct 26 or so.

I don't have a goal weight but I want to be healthy and what ever weight my body gets to is fine with me.

L144S
12-08-2010, 06:34 AM
Tytbody, welcome!
You can get a good deal at bodymedia too without the Costco fee so check there. I personally love the display and although have been using the bb and now bmf for 2 years and can go without, I don't and use it everyday.
Bmf is much easier to use than bb just because of the user interface.

Also I too did not have a goal number and have settled at 160 as I recoup from some medical issues. The last 15 will be later I suppose. Also for me the bmf has allowed me to maintain as I have never been able to do before.

Good luck and keep posting!!

graycyn
12-08-2010, 01:39 PM
good shoes are a big key for me.
also as the weight comes off you will find you HAVE to do more to get the weight off and reach your calorie goals. just a reality. it will get easier as you move along and don't forget to push yourself.

Yeah, I need to get new shoes, these have had several months of walking on them. My feet are fussy about shoes too, I need lots of cushioning. High arches.

The odd thing though is that I am learning that pushing myself is NOT the thing to do, at least not all the time. My nature is to push, push, push, always try for more weight, more time, more distance and in the end, I always end up hurt or injured.

The hard lesson for me has been to learn to STOP pushing so darned much, and just keep my calorie deficit and get moderate exercise and let the weight come off. That's why I picked the light activity goal.

Now, as the weight comes off, I think I'll be able to do a bit more on exercise, but my body does better when it is not too stressed, by either excessive calorie deficits or excess exercise. I even found out that water aerobics was stressing me, because I would push hard in that class and it was too much, especially at the warm temps my health club keeps their pool.

These days, I don't do that class, I just walk in the pool or swim slowly. I could do more if they kept the pool cool, but they don't, and trying to work hard in water near 90F is very stressful to my body. I used to push through it, but now, I just accept what is and work in a way my body is comfortable with.

graycyn
12-08-2010, 01:48 PM
I see I won't need a digital as they say that's a waste of money. The important thing is the band and the computer right?

That's kind of what I had thought, but I found I soon wanted the display watch. Bought it during the recent BodyMedia 20% off sale and it arrived yesterday. I definitely like it! However, I do think the purchase of that is a luxury. But for me it may mean meeting my step goals better.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll like having an armband! Good luck on your journey!

tytbody
12-08-2010, 02:07 PM
I don't want to join Costco though just for the media fit . I called them today to see if they had any passes like BJ's. But no. :(

L144S
12-08-2010, 02:59 PM
just keep looking around for a good price. Keep an eye on the facbook page as they announce sales there.

mkat321
12-09-2010, 09:04 AM
I had a deficit yesterday. 756 calorie deficit even! :) Desipite 3 meals and 2 snacks! This is despite being out of commission since Saturday with a compressed spine and occasional spasms related to a fall on the ice/snow. So i'm happy. I am also anxious to get back to working out every day and doing something other than walk, kwim?

tytbody
12-09-2010, 01:50 PM
Do you want to have the deficit. Is that good for you? What did you not eat?lol

tytbody
12-09-2010, 01:55 PM
just keep looking around for a good price. Keep an eye on the facbook page as they announce sales there.

I don't facebook, but maybe I should.. Every darn thing is there

Then it would be something else to take me away from what I should be concentrating on, eating write, and finding an exercise that makes me feel good instead of beat down. Lol:dizzy:

graycyn
12-10-2010, 07:10 PM
Group Active class today, plus a mile walk after. I hit my activity and step levels by 1:18 this afternoon. I like that!

tytbody
12-10-2010, 07:12 PM
hey guys, I know you all have your's already but the bodymedia one is on sale for $169.99 on the web site. For those of us that don't have a costco subscription. May not get the 1 year but at least the cost is down.

HSMyTwins
12-10-2010, 10:15 PM
I just logged on to costco.com to order one & guess what?!?! The price dropped to $149!! Another $20 off. Obviously, I ordered one. Now I wish I could have it right this very minute to get started. Hopefully shipping doesn't take the full 7-10 days. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised.

graycyn
12-10-2010, 11:22 PM
I just logged on to costco.com to order one & guess what?!?! The price dropped to $149!! Another $20 off. Obviously, I ordered one. Now I wish I could have it right this very minute to get started. Hopefully shipping doesn't take the full 7-10 days. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised.

You'll love it! I hope it comes soon for you!

tytbody
12-10-2010, 11:25 PM
Enabeler graycyn. Lol

iamkaren
12-13-2010, 01:09 PM

I ordered the bodymedia fit from Costco prior to the price drop - Unbelievably, Costco sent me an email today and they're giving me a credit of $20!!! I'm shocked! That's great customer service!

tytbody
12-13-2010, 01:46 PM
Who what to be my friend?? Lol.

HSMyTwins
12-15-2010, 11:05 PM
iamkaren - great news!

Question: Mine arrived today & I'm trying to get it figured out. I haven't worn it long, but I'm eager to see how the software works, so I tried plugging it in to the computer. I logged in & then clicked on the green activity manager button, but then nothing happens. What in the heck am I doing wrong?

HSMyTwins
12-15-2010, 11:07 PM
Another question:

Can I log in to my account without plugging the device into the computer - like to enter food.

It's weird that there aren't any instructions with this thing!

tytbody
12-15-2010, 11:23 PM
no instructions? just a bug and that's It"

try moving taking some steps and see if it will see that there is some activity. I don't have one but just a thought.

Does it have to charge? no paperwork what so ever?

HSMyTwins
12-15-2010, 11:36 PM
The instructions are basically about how to care for the thing physically: how to clean it, how to charge it, etc. There are no instructions on using the software. Use may be obvious if I could log on.....but nothing happens when I try to log in.

HSMyTwins
12-16-2010, 12:10 AM
Ok - I tried it again and this time it let me "in". I hope it doesn't take that much effort every time!

graycyn
12-16-2010, 01:23 AM
The instructions are basically about how to care for the thing physically: how to clean it, how to charge it, etc. There are no instructions on using the software. Use may be obvious if I could log on.....but nothing happens when I try to log in.

Go to the Bodymedia website and click Support>Help>BodyMedia FIT Activity Manager Help and that will bring up some info about the online software for you. Or use this direct link (http://www.bodymedia.com/Support-Help/Help/Online-Help)

I don't know why you are having trouble logging in, did you check to make sure you are using one of the correct browsers? (You can find that info under Support>Help>FAQ>Technical Requirements) If you continue having trouble, it might be worth calling customer support and seeing if they can help you out.

I'm on slow dial-up, but I have no trouble using the site.

You can log in and enter food without attaching the armband to the computer. I do it all the time.

HSMyTwins
12-16-2010, 01:47 AM
Thanks Gracyn. I did finally let me in. Hopefully tomorrow will go well too.

Off to bed...

L144S
12-16-2010, 07:04 AM
It is different for the bb than the bmf. Which do you have?

iamkaren
12-16-2010, 04:40 PM
Hi Everyone,

My GWF is charging and I've set-up my account. I do have a couple of questions:

-Does it matter when you start wearing it (ex. midnight verses 6:00 am)
-Do you charge it each day or do you let it run out and charge it at one time? If so, do you have a particular time when you charge it? What do you do while it's charging?

I know this will all make sense eventually, but if you have time to help, I'd be grateful.

TIA,
Karen

HSMyTwins
12-16-2010, 04:58 PM
I got an e-mail from customer service saying they had a glitch last night. But now I can't get on again today! This is frustrating!!

L144S
12-16-2010, 06:01 PM
Hi Everyone,

-Do you charge it each day or do you let it run out and charge it at one time? If so, do you have a particular time when you charge it? What do you do while it's charging?

I know this will all make sense eventually, but if you have time to help, I'd be grateful.

TIA,
Karen

You can wear it at any time. It will extended calories for the off body time so it does not matter when you put it on. Best results will be most accurate after you have worn it fir a few days so I highly recommend wearing it at night too.

Some charge it a little everyday while they are in the shower for example. I tend to charge mine once a week overnight with a wall plug. That is what works for me. I also wear it on my right arm at night.

tytbody
12-16-2010, 06:32 PM
:?:I thought you weren't suppose to wear these things in the shower. They are no water proof?

or is there one that is?

augeremt
12-16-2010, 07:45 PM
Hi Everyone,

TIA,
Karen

I charge mine a little bit every time I upload all the data since I do it with a USB anyway. And since I upload almost every day or at the most every other day (I don't have a display so I like to know how I'm doing with calorie burn) that's enough to get the battery full all the time. And since I tend to upload when I'm sitting on the couch watching TV or at the desk at work, I'm not losing too much data that way.

And no, it doesn't matter when you start wearing it. The device uses its algorithms to assume what you'd be burning if you were wearing it and adds that to your daily total.

L144S
12-16-2010, 08:44 PM
Not waterproof. Charge it while in the shower, not wear it in the shower.

tytbody
12-16-2010, 08:57 PM
oh oh oh. lol :jig: gotcha

HSMyTwins
12-16-2010, 11:40 PM
My first full day completed! I'm surprised to find that I'm below on my calories eaten & above on my calorie burn. Especially since I don't feel like I did all that much today.

Tomorrow is Christmas party for my dh's company, so I'm going to have to hit the exercise hard in the morning to balance off the extra calories.

HSMyTwins
12-16-2010, 11:43 PM
And since I upload almost every day or at the most every other day

You don't have to upload daily? I quick plugged in at 11:45pm to make sure I didn't miss a day's information.

What would happen if I didn't plug in until tomorrow? Would it know, or would I be starting from zero?

augeremt
12-17-2010, 05:56 AM
You don't have to upload daily? I quick plugged in at 11:45pm to make sure I didn't miss a day's information.

What would happen if I didn't plug in until tomorrow? Would it know, or would I be starting from zero?

Nope, you don't have to upload daily. I think the manual said it stores up to 14 days of data, or something close to that. The battery is supposed to last about a week as well so you don't need to plug it in every day to charge. I try to because I'm curious about what I'm burning since I don't have a display.

The data is not lost if you don't upload daily. It's stored for whatever period of time the manual says (pretty sure it's 2 weeks since that's been the case for me) and when you do upload, it'll load the calorie burn for every day since you last uploaded. And all the graphs will still give you minute-by-minute calorie burn information as if you'd uploaded it the day of.

So you don't have to worry about plugging it in before midnight every day. It'll all still be there when you do get around to it.

Oh, and the thing beeps when it's getting within a day of dying battery-wise and memory-wise. It's not the regular I've-connected-to-your-skin beep but rather a more fire alarm sounding thing.

Also, if you push on the green/gray button of the device while you're wearing it (I'm not sure about the color of the newest model), the battery and memory lights will show either green, orange, or red, indicating the status of battery life and memory. Orange means you have less than 24 hours of battery life remaining and less than 24 hours of memory remaining, depending on which thing it lights up under. The red light means it cannot collect any data and that you must upload the current data to the Activity Manager before continuing to use it. At least that's the case for the GoWear Fit, which is the earlier model name for the BodyMedia FIT.

Here are the all the user guides for the BodyMedia FIT:
http://www.bodymedia.com/Support-Help/User-Guides

Hope this helps!

augeremt
12-17-2010, 05:58 AM
My first full day completed! I'm surprised to find that I'm below on my calories eaten & above on my calorie burn. Especially since I don't feel like I did all that much today.

Tomorrow is Christmas party for my dh's company, so I'm going to have to hit the exercise hard in the morning to balance off the extra calories.

Congrats on getting your calorie burn and staying below your daily calories eaten!!! Most people have the opposite problem so you're definitely on the right track. Keep it up!

tytbody
12-17-2010, 08:30 AM
Aug you are very good with this thing. Cool. Are you a man, looking at your picture, just want o address you correctly

Transporter
12-17-2010, 10:30 AM
I'm new to this section and fairly new to the site..
I just ordered my body media fit last night and thrilled, i can't wait to get it!!!!
It needs to get here ASAP :D
I also ordered a new scale

Transporter
12-17-2010, 10:36 AM
Congrats on getting your calorie burn and staying below your daily calories eaten!!! Most people have the opposite problem so you're definitely on the right track. Keep it up!

I was browsing your blog.. we have very similar goals, and were at nearly the same weight, i'm at 200 lbs, somewhere. :o It would be cool to be buddies especially now im getting that device we can compare patterns to help each other out with our weightloss goals. Btw, i love the way you named your goals.. college minimum.. :lol:

HSMyTwins
12-18-2010, 01:26 AM
Aug - Thanks for the detailed information! Very helpful!

graycyn
12-18-2010, 10:57 PM
Gads, I love this gadget!

One thing I found out yesterday is that interval training really DOES raise your burn for the rest of the day! I mean, I'd read that, but it's sure different SEEING IT in action on your graph!

I did fifteen minutes of stationary bike yesterday, in addition to my regular Group Active class, plus a mile walk. And during that 15 minutes, I did four intervals of higher intensity pedaling.

Well, later that afternoon, after I was home and sitting in front of the computer for a while, I synched up and found that instead of the usual 1.2 cals/min I burn while sitting, it was reading at 1.6 cals/min! Better still, when I woke up this morning, I checked my graph and most of the night I was burning 1.5 to 1.6 calories a minute, where normally I burn 1.2. That's good info!

I guess I'll incorporate an extra interval session in my week from now on.

tytbody
12-18-2010, 11:35 PM
Wow a real person measureably seeing it happen. That is a great post. Never seen that before. Pluses for the equipment.

Transporter
12-21-2010, 12:37 PM
I just got my body media fit.. and i put it on for one sec and synced it to computer, said i burned 1275 calories today, and that i have data from a few days ago when i didnt even own it?

L144S
12-21-2010, 12:53 PM
Your unit is estimating from midnight to current time based on what you input. No worriers.

Transporter
12-21-2010, 02:14 PM
Your unit is estimating from midnight to current time based on what you input. No worriers.

oh :o

tytbody
12-21-2010, 03:36 PM
smart little bugger:)

Tiff2point0
12-26-2010, 02:39 AM
Just got a bodybuggsp for christmas and very excited! Have been working out for a few months and seen some success, but after an injury had a hard time getting back into exercising. Since 24 hr is closed until the 27th (the classes, anyway) I plan to start *really* keeping up starting that day. Glad to see there is a thread for me here. :)

L144S
12-26-2010, 10:27 AM
:Welcome: to 3FC!
Congrats on the SP. The key is to keep moving even if the gym isn't open, log food and be honest and you will lose the the weight! Good luck and keep posting.

augeremt
12-28-2010, 02:33 AM
tytbody - I'm a gadget junkie and I've also had it for a while so I know how the thing works. And nope, I'm not a man but a girl. Woman, I guess since I'm 26. Name's Kasia.

Transporter - It would be great to be your buddy and I could definitely use that! My graphs right now are pretty stagnant and sad. I haven't worn my GWF for a couple weeks...it's less disheartening to see a flat line from not wearing it than from sitting on my butt and not exercising, which has been the case for me. I tried sending you a PM with my email so we don't clog up this thread, but for some reason there's no icon for that on your profile. So send one to me and we can keep each other motivated. Thanks for taking a look at my blog!

graycyn - That is so interesting to hear!!! I need to add some interval training to my days and see how my burn looks on those days. How long do you notice the increase in metabolism? And how intense are your intervals? Do they need to be I-can't-continue-any-longer kinds of things? Or just something a bit more intense than regular exercising?

tytbody
12-28-2010, 11:32 AM
Hi Kasia, nice to meet you. woman. Lol

Id like a gadget also . But darn it ,, I got to watch where I spend the bucks now until I get into my massage careers .

augeremt
12-29-2010, 03:30 AM
tytbody - It's definitely worth the investment. It took me a couple months to finally convince myself that it's the worth the money, which it totally is. So I hope you get it soon!

tytbody
12-29-2010, 03:04 PM
Thumbs Up:)

graycyn
12-29-2010, 08:57 PM
graycyn - That is so interesting to hear!!! I need to add some interval training to my days and see how my burn looks on those days. How long do you notice the increase in metabolism? And how intense are your intervals? Do they need to be I-can't-continue-any-longer kinds of things? Or just something a bit more intense than regular exercising?

I had the increase through the rest of the day after I did the intervals and also through that night. That's all though, but it was great to see!

I was doing my intervals on a stationary bike, level 3, and I only did four intervals that day over a period of 15 minutes. They were fairly intense for me, but whether that would be intense for someone else I don't know. I probably could've gone on a little longer on each, but certainly not by much.

Prism21
12-29-2010, 11:21 PM
Just checking in and welcoming the new comers!

I got through the holidays ok. The trick for me was to let someone else host for once so that I wouldn't be dealing with the food all day long.

graycyn
12-30-2010, 07:13 PM
Just checking in and welcoming the new comers!

I got through the holidays ok. The trick for me was to let someone else host for once so that I wouldn't be dealing with the food all day long.

Good for you! 'Fraid I did some stress eating. I was fairly active, but not much gym activity, more around the house, tree decorating, present wrapping, cooking sort of thing. It does burn some extra calories though, I met my burn n' step goals pretty well overall.

iamkaren
01-02-2011, 11:45 AM
Hi Everyone! Happy New Year! I just wanted to check-in now that I've had my BM for several weeks.

Let's just say when my BM arrived I wasn't mentally prepared to make any changes. It was right before the holidays and we were hosting a Christmas party and traveling among other things. I've been on a weight gain trend since labor day, having GAINED about 15 pounds! :(

Anyway - I decided to just wear the BM but not make any changes right away to sort of gauge my current levels. It's taught me a lot. I realized that I sit at the computer far too many hours and the calorie burn is just a tad bit more than sleeping (1-1.5 calories per minute)! I started volunteering at an animal shelter and found that burns about 3-5 calories per minute! Even socializing at a party, walking around and taking photos burns a lot more calories than sitting. So, I've really gained appreciation for the importance of non-exercise movement throughout the day.

As of the new year I've started tracking my calories and I'm very hopeful that the BM can give me the information and motivation to help me lose weight. In addition to some structured exercise (I'm going to do p90X again), I'm going to volunteer at the shelter once or twice per week and walk the dog everyday - things like that. Maybe I'll even clean the house more often now that I know it's almost as good as exercising!

Good luck to everyone and thanks for the support!

tytbody
01-02-2011, 12:05 PM
Everyone! Happy New Year! I just wanted to check-in now that I've had my BM for several weeks.

So sorry to hear you had so much BM. It's better then not having a BM. Lol

Just joking.

I love the positive feedback about it.

I'm working on tempting myself with how disgusting it is t see how heavy fat really is.

That's keeping me from grabbing a cookie on my kitchen counter now. :D

Sasil
01-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Hey all! It has been a while since I have been around...I fell off the wagon back in the spring...quit posting here and started gaining a lot. I am at my all time highest weight now...but I am ready to turn around and start again...not giving up this time. I am back to wearing my go wear fit and doing well..it's only been about a week now.

I skimmed through some of the posts here...what is up with an upgrade? Is the new one I see on the front page of the bodymedia website better than the one I got a year ago?

Hope to get back in touch with many of you....

graycyn
01-08-2011, 05:26 PM
You know, this has happened to more than one of us. Back in the late 1990s, I hit a high weight of 200, then lost 35 pounds. Then injured myself and boomed all the way up to 262 pounds. Then lost 62 pounds in a year, then my mom died unexpectedly and I gained it all back. Hit my high weight of 262 again in 2006. But since then, I've lost some, not as much as I should, but some and KEPT IT OFF. So you can do that! Just believe it is possible. I'm not giving up this time either. And now I have the device to help me.

On the BodyMedia, I think the new one works with smartphones (some of them, not necessarily all, you can find out which through the website) via wireless bluetooth connection. It's kind of a choice, the new version works with smartphone only... you cannot sync a display watch with it. The old one works with the display watch. Just depends on what you like, I don't think one is "better" than the other in terms of data, they both track the same stuff.

I have the old, because I don't own a smart phone anyway and because I'm cheap and bought used, LOL! I really like it though and it is motivating me to move more!

graycyn
01-08-2011, 05:38 PM
I hit over 9000 steps yesterday! That's a new personal best for me! I usually can't be on my feet that much and they are sore today. It's getting a bit easier as I lose though.

LeslieWendy
01-08-2011, 09:29 PM
The new upgrade for the BodyMedia arm band is not any different than the one you have now other than it can sync directly to your phone and you don't need to have the display watch or check the computer.

I have had the armband since November and love it, I like being able to see what I burn and consume. This is the only way that I am logging what I eat. I have never been able to keep a food journal before, hated having to carry it with me. I have lost 15lbs since I have started wearing it.:D

mulder1921
01-09-2011, 01:33 PM
Well, back to using my GWF after having a horrible end of 2010. First week, own 4.3#!- so, yay me!

Just checking in. Hope you all have a good 2nd week of January!

Sasil
01-11-2011, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the info on the GWF upgrade. I don't have a smart phone either... I do have the watch display and I like it a lot...

It is interesting how we can remember certain times of our lives and our top weights...and how things happened or didn't happen which caused more gaining.

I was 180 the start of high school back in 1990
I lost some weight through not so healthy ways got to 150
170 when I got married
180 when I got pregnant with my first baby 1997
220 when my baby was about a year old
280 when I went on a "diet" decided I didn't want to hit 300
255 when I lost some weight
300 for a long time..just quit trying I guess
320 said no way got to lose some weight in 2006
270 lost some in 2007
325 back up in 2008
290 back down in 2009 told myself I would never hit 300 again (didn't last long)
337 back up in 2010
315 lost some in 2010
now at 356 in 2011

Had some more babies in there...a lot of up and down in my weight..I'm tired of this...ugh....so tired of this vicious circle of losing and gaining weight.

graycyn
01-12-2011, 02:13 PM
I really love how you can look back on your week... see what you did well at, where you need to improve. I use that feature every week and post the chart on my blog to stay real and accountable. I lost weight last week, but it was clear that my deficit wasn't that good, so I think I was still losing water weight from the holidays.