Diet Blogs and Journal FAQ and Help Forum - uploading pictures

View Full Version : uploading pictures

happykristen
06-10-2010, 10:07 PM
How can I upload photos to my blog? It seems as though you have to put in a URL...do I have to put the pics somewhere else on the internet first? I tried adding a pic from facebook, but it just shoes a red X instead of the pic. I tried the help for wordpress and am totally frustrated because it seems like you need to be a computer programmer to use this. Can anyone help?

happykristen
06-10-2010, 10:21 PM
OK, I found out what I need to do...by searching another diet blog website. It would be helpful if the information was easier to find on this site.

mizski
06-11-2010, 03:26 AM
There should be a tutorial on posting pictures on every message board IMO. :) Many people do not know that they need to get their own picture hosting site and just copy someone else's pictures/graphics using that link. That is stealing another person's bandwidth! Not good. :cool:

I've been using Photobucket for years and recently, tinypic. There are other picture hosting sites out there too (Flickr, ImageShack, etc.). Most are free and allow a fair amount of bandwidth each month.

For most message boards, copy the BBcode and insert it in your siggy or post. BBcode has the img tags already. To insert a URL (beginning with http) use the Insert Image icon (the one that looks like it has a little mountain in it).

p.s. I've never linked my FB pix; I upload everything from Photobucket. :)