Old 06-08-2010, 02:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 138/135/119

Height: 5'5

Default Binge Question!! Need opinions !! Please!

Ok so I did a typical carb binge like I tend to do. Go figure. BUT at the end of the day I didnt go tooooo much over my calorie limit. Ill be at 1600 calories (I am aiming for 1200-1300 a day). And I did the binge after a good 30 minute cardio workout. I heard thats better? Can I still lose weight having binges like these but keeping my calories lower than normal?! Im obviously not planning on binging everyday but I want to make sure the weight loss process is still going on inside my body lol Thanks in advance!!
Dianne042425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:57 PM   #2  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Honey, first give yourself a break A binge is a huge consumption of calories in one sitting. 1000s of calories.

1600 is still a good calorie range or someone active, so I think you'll be ine or today But i do think we have to understand why we binge and stop it rom happening, because binge behavior is a symptom to a problem which makes us gain weight. I don't think we'll ever be able to keep our weight off if we often binge.

What is it that makes you binge? Did you not plan your meals right? Hungry ater workout? Thirsty, but eating instead? Do you not eat enough protein? (I hear its very important to get some after a workout). maybe you elt lacking in energy ater the workout, and that's why your body desired carbs?
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'9

Well, if you're eating less calories than it takes to maintain your current weight, and exercising, I can't see why you shouldn't continue to lose. That said, it's probably not the healthiest way to go.

Do you binge and then not eat for the rest of the day? I've read that the best way to lose is to keep your metabolism going by eating many small meals. Is there anyway you might limit your binges to something healthier than carbs if you have to binge? Maybe binge on veg, and then eat properly portioned meals the rest of the day?

Either way, I think you should probably continue to lose. It just may not be as quickly as you would otherwise.

You can beat this, don't give up!
Scatterheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:02 PM   #4  

I think you are absolutley correct when you say we need to figure out why we binge. I think I binge for two reasons. 1. Mentally I know I am getting a lot fewer calories and carbs than I normally do so I crave it much more. 2. I have a really bad addiction to carbs so when I dont eat carbs with every meal, I start to feel deprived. For example, I eat 5 meals a day. My snack today between breakfast and lunch was just an egg, 2 egg whites and a handful of blueberries. I think becuase I didint have many carbs with that small "meal", I binged at lunch. I wish there were healthy breads and healthy crackers that I could eat with every meal! But I guess the reality is there isnt

OH! And I get enough protein. By the end of the day, I will have a total of 104 g of protein!

Thanks for your response!!
Old 06-08-2010, 03:05 PM   #5  

Scatter, I dont binge becuase I feel deprived of food, I binge on carbs becuase I feel deprived of them! I am a huge carb addict so cutting my calories by 1000, naturally lowers my carb count by a lot. My body is smart and knows it! Sad thing is, this is only day 2 of my diet plan!! ahh smart body!!
Old 06-08-2010, 03:53 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianne042425 View Post
Scatter, I dont binge becuase I feel deprived of food, I binge on carbs becuase I feel deprived of them! I am a huge carb addict so cutting my calories by 1000, naturally lowers my carb count by a lot. My body is smart and knows it! Sad thing is, this is only day 2 of my diet plan!! ahh smart body!!
You may not want to hear this, but the best way to beat a carb addiction is to cut them out for a couple weeks. A few weeks of lowered carbs should help a lot. It always works for me!
ValentineNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:13 PM   #7  

Thanks for the suggestion Nicole but unfortunatley that didnt work for me. I went 5 weeks without carbs, lost the weight, then went crazy on carbs when I got off. So I decided slow and steady babysteps might be what I need to do..