Mini-Goals - NSV: Another bikini thread!

View Full Version : NSV: Another bikini thread!

bama girl
06-08-2010, 12:21 PM
So this weekend, I'm taking the plunge and wearing a bikini on the beach. IN PUBLIC.

OMG OMG OMG.

I am terrified, but at the same time, I'm kind of excited. It's really cute! I'm also kind of excited about the fact that when I was choosing the bottoms, I was deliberating between a medium and a SMALL! I have never been a small on the bottom. :)

I came to a realization that I am not going to be the only person on the beach wearing a bathing suit who didn't have a perfect body. People aren't even going to be looking at me to find imperfections-- they are probably all just as nervous! And if they are looking that close, in the words of my sweet grandmother, "they deserve what they see." :devil:

MK2010
06-08-2010, 12:50 PM
Erm...you are considering getting into a "small" - you probably have a way better body than most on the beach.

And also..most people are more concerned with how they look!

Be proud..you can fit in a "small". You have worked hard - so show off for the people like me who would never have the confidence to do it!

Well done!!!

alexandraT
06-08-2010, 01:01 PM
congratulations!! And i know how exciting it is b/c I'll be wearing my first bikini EVERRR in 4 short weeks at the beach! I hope to lose a little bit more before then, but still, I understand the feeling of being scared / excited all at once. Let us know how it goes!!! Over the next 4 weeks I'm going to try to work on building up my confidence in mine. It's super cute, I just don't want friends to think "She lost 60 lbs adn now thinks she can wear a bikini? Who does she think she is?" Fortunately, I know my friends aren't jerks like that, but still - I totally understand where' you're coming from! Again - congrats!! I'm so excited for you!!

Onederchic
06-08-2010, 01:31 PM
Congrats!!!

Ciao
06-08-2010, 06:19 PM
Yay! :D