Old 06-08-2010, 07:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Default Tips for Travel?

Hello to my favorite diet coaches!

I will be traveling to Quebec City with my DH this Th-Su. What started out a long time ago as a trip to eat and drink wine has now changed! LOL! What are your favorite trips for traveling and staying on plan? I am determined to come back either stable or with a loss. I refuse to try to go through getting into ketosis again...waaaay too painful! Thankfully, I have a very supportive and so -fit-I-could-spit husband, so he is all about not making this trip about food.

Thanks in advance!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 318/219/175

Height: 5'9"

I too will be traveling a lot over the next 4 months for work and personal. I am making sure that I have everything planned for each day, including my sightseeing routes and restaurants along those routes. It takes away from the spontaneity but I have come too far to let my vacation knock me back.

Good Luck to you, Debi!
SandyKC0SWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/166/135

Height: 5'5''

i think you can still enjoy your food and drink on your trip without gaining any weight back. Both when i went to Quebec and France the French were always eating and drinking wine, but because they walk almost everywhere and have good portion control, they were all so small. I say don't limit what items you can/cannot eat in fear of weight gain, just actually savor every bite and be careful how MUCH you eat/drink.
tylerjean20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:45 PM   #4  

Take some HNS to keep enough protein in your body and because you will be doing a lot of walking, you should hold your own. I always found when I travelled to cities that I walked so much more, I could basically eat whatever I wanted and still break even or even lose a pound of two.

Good luck -- you can do it! Enjoy, it will be awesome.

I'm leaving Friday for 9 days too -- vacations are a challenge, but will be just fine!
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 232/193/158

Height: 5'5"

I am reading this with interest - we are going on our dream vacation to Disney World at the end of the month. I'd like to stay as much OP as I possibly can, but realize that I may not always be able to. Any recommendations? We're driving, and stopping to visit family/friends along the way there and back...and we are staying at WDW resort, and our cabin has full kitchen.
AngelaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 219/161/155

Height: 5'6"

I am now on "vacation." I traveled by air now knowing how long that I would be here. I brought about 40 HNS drinks in my luggage. I also brought two boxes of HNS in my luggage along with "shakes." I am staying at a place with a full kitchen. Here's how I'm handling my eating:

I started out with the shakes. I bought a Blender Bottle at GNC. It works great. I also ate the protein bars till the food came in.

As for the food, I went shopping and bought chicken lunch meat (not sure if they had a skillet here), low cal bread, salad in a bag, spray salad dressing, and strawberries. I then bought some chicken breast which were individually wrapped. Oh, and Spam and Mrs. Dash.

This is mostly what I eat. We go out to eat sometimes but not much. I do have the time to shop and cook and you'll be busy doing fun things but if you can allow a little time to plan, you should be ok.

Plus, you're activity level will be increased. You'll drink lots of water and that will help.

If you know that you really don't have the time to cook, then at least buy the Blender Bottle and use them for the shakes. I followed Meta-Quick once for three days just using the shakes and bars and had a good weight loss that week.

Above all, have fun! If you can't follow the program exactly, then don't worry. You're there to have fun!
thinknthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:00 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 219/161/155

Height: 5'6"

Duh, it's not Spam but Pam.....Sorry
thinknthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:36 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaB View Post
I am reading this with interest - we are going on our dream vacation to Disney World at the end of the month. I'd like to stay as much OP as I possibly can, but realize that I may not always be able to. Any recommendations? We're driving, and stopping to visit family/friends along the way there and back...and we are staying at WDW resort, and our cabin has full kitchen.
WDW can be challenging. We went last year right after I stared the program. I really had every intention of staying on plan. I didn't.. The food was too tempting. The bonus is that you walk A LOT.. so I ended up eating what I wanted and still maintained. I wish I had made better choices, because I would have lost. My goal was to maintain, and I did that.

Be careful of their "healthy" foods. I spoke to my councelor before I went and they said sometimes just getting a burger without the bun was better than their Salad or Wrap sandwiches. Go to Allears.net. they have a list of the menus at all lthe restaurants. You can plan ahead of time what you want to order. The HNS's were a bit harder to get in. I didn't want to carry mine around, so I ended up doubling up. I drank 2 in the morning and 1 at night. Take advantage of the full kitchen. We made breakfast and some dinners in the kitchen. It helped save a lot of money since we could freeze water bottles, take snacks and cook.

Good Luck. If you need any WDW info, let me know.. I'm obsessed... LOL.. I love disney and the mouse. We live in savannah, and go about once a year.
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 12:32 AM   #9  

I will be going to Japan in August. Does anyone know if there are any regulations that will not allow me to bring my supplements or HNS packets into the country?
Old 06-15-2010, 09:52 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Just wanted to share that I lost 1 lb on our vacation to quebec! Between the miles of walking, small portions, and choosing grilled chicken salad every time I had the opportunity, I lost! Most of all, I am so proud of how I handled myself. I said "No" to the bread basket and the shops full of desserts every single time. There were even chocolates on our pillows that I ignored. I came back feeling proud of myself, regardless of the weight result, and that paid off too.

Thanks for all of your tips! Oh, and Sandy, I didn't have any trouble getting in and out of Canada with my supplements - don't know about Japan. I checked all of the bottles and put enough loose supplements in a ziplock with a couple of HNS's in my carry on to get me to my destination. I was pulled out of line for a random check and no one said anything.

Best,
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:35 AM   #11  

Congratulations, Debi! I am proud of you. I hope I show as much strength while traveling.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:49 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

Congrats Debi.. That's awesome!!!
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:34 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/179/140

Height: 5'4

We live near WDW (hubby works there part time) - eating healthy there and on plan is very doable. They have drastically increased their fruit and veggies offerings EVERYWHERE. I'll eat breakfast before we would head to the parks (although you can get packets of cheese - usually cheddar - in the parks, just bring melba toast or what not). For lunch I would do a meal replacement bar, or a shake. If I did a bar you can get cut celery (with carrot, but I gave those to the hubby) or salads all over the place. Allears.net does have every menu and up to date. Deb Wills who runs Allears.net is a diabetic and works hard to keep the menus up to date, she also has articles on the website for eating healthier.
I can give you help on specific parks if you want. You can eat very very very healthy at WDW if you put thought into it. Have fun at the cabins, we love staying in them!
jenkatt is offline   Reply With Quote