Hiya everyone,

new week - new thread

Here is the link to last weeks thread:

IP Chat Week of May 31 - June 6
Old 06-07-2010, 10:06 AM   #2  
Ideal Protein beginner

S/C/G: 268/257.5/190

Height: 5'6

I've Been Off Ip For A Week And Gain 2lbs But Thats Ok Because Ive Been Back At It Starting Yesterday. I Went To The Er For Abdominal Pain And Found Out I Have A Bladder Infection So Im Taking Antibiotics As Well. I Feel So Ugh Taking So Much Pills But I Know I Have To Take Them. Ive Been Feeling Soooo Unmotivated. Please Sendsome Encouraing Words To Keep Me Moivated!
Old 06-07-2010, 10:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

Natural Girl: I did try the egg, and I didn't love the taste. I REALLY like the taste of my soy protein (GNC), and I miss it tons. It is comparable to the IP packets (actually more protein) but I'm trying to give the IP packets a whirl. I don't watch soy as much as I used to since I don't have a thyroid, it doesn't affect it anymore
Old 06-07-2010, 10:15 AM   #4  
Started IP Aug 4/09

S/C/G: 235/146/130 Healthy BMI=140

Height: 5' 3"

Hi everyone! My home computer died and I won't be able to review this weekend posts and may not have as much time to monitor the new threads... Will be reading the 10-lbs challenge so if anything rises-up, please PM me!

Phase 2 is going well, still loosing!! Starting phase 3 friday morning and worried a little...
Old 06-07-2010, 10:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeseebaby22 View Post
I've Been Off Ip For A Week And Gain 2lbs But Thats Ok Because Ive Been Back At It Starting Yesterday. I Went To The Er For Abdominal Pain And Found Out I Have A Bladder Infection So Im Taking Antibiotics As Well. I Feel So Ugh Taking So Much Pills But I Know I Have To Take Them. Ive Been Feeling Soooo Unmotivated. Please Sendsome Encouraing Words To Keep Me Moivated!
Hi, neesee, Good job getting back on. Sorry you have an infection. Be sure to drink plenty of water to flush it out of your system and keep it from coming back. Take some probiotics, but not at the same time you take your antibiotics. A couple of hours before or after you take the antibiotic. If you take them at the same time, the antibiotics will kill the good bacteria along with the bad stuff you want to kill. That'll help you not get a yeast infection too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthia View Post
Natural Girl: I did try the egg, and I didn't love the taste. I REALLY like the taste of my soy protein (GNC), and I miss it tons. It is comparable to the IP packets (actually more protein) but I'm trying to give the IP packets a whirl. I don't watch soy as much as I used to since I don't have a thyroid, it doesn't affect it anymore
If you really prefer your soy protein, Dr. Tran says you can have a "measure of protein" instead of the packet if you want. Check out his site if you haven't already: www.trantiendiet.com.

Last edited by BevS; 06-07-2010 at 10:23 AM.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/170/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthia View Post
Oh no, that's what I worry about. Do you know what brand i was? Definitely can't do soy. I have a thyroid but soy just scares me. You should be careful that any soy you eat is organic it is one of the highest GMO crops in the US.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:52 AM   #7  
Ideal Protein beginner

S/C/G: 268/257.5/190

Height: 5'6

To Bevs:
Oh Noooooo! How Far Apart Should I Take Them? I Took My Antibiotic At 7:30 This Morning. Havent Been Pooping Either (sorry Tmi) Do You Know Anything I Can Take For That As Well?<<<thanx For The Info>>>

Also, Are There Anyone On Here From Fort Lauderdale, Fl? I Need A Walking Buddy

Last edited by neeseebaby22; 06-07-2010 at 10:53 AM.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:00 AM   #8  

Height: 5'8"

got on my scale at my mother's house this morning when i dropped the kiddos off, said 170 and was thrilled-got to work 174, what the heck! i think i like my mom's scales better
Old 06-07-2010, 11:06 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 245/220/140

Height: 5'6"

I haven't lost anything over the weekend. I like to see weekend loss because I struggle the most with my new lifestyle then. I hadn't had enough water, so maybe that's the problem.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:34 PM   #10  
Persian Queen

Height: 5'4''

Hi guys,
Bad news. I weighed in today and lost only 0.9 lbs for the second week. Maybe I should go back to daily weigh ins, so I know why the loss is small.
As I said I bought the Costco protein but would not recommend it. I liked the taste of the powder muscle milk so much better. Premier Protein has that mediciny after taste (multivitamin taste?) but I'll finish what I got and go back to powder. I have only had one of the cans, so 35 to go!

Lindora bars do not get to you in the best of shape. It is probabely due to Houston hellish climate. My son who is doing a semi-Atkins opened one and I saw that it doesn't look vey good. The husband had all other 6 thinking he was doing himself a favor! he is the one who eats and eats and has a normal weight.

Rather than these, I am pretty depressed with a loss less than a pound for a week. No dark keto-sticks either but I thought I wouldn't care about that since I had lost weight the first week. My body does ok with any diet for a week or two and then I stop losing weight. It is discouraging and I want to eat a peanut butter sandwich so badly (I won't, don't worry, not today any way). I'll wait one more week and see what happens. I haven't gotten the stuff I ordered from healthcoop but am taking mag and potassium and calcium and multivitamins of my own for now. Does anyone see a trend with people who go IP vs. those of us who do the alternative IP as far as weight loss? Help!!!
Old 06-07-2010, 12:40 PM   #11  

To TXRealtor So sorry you don't like the Premier Protein tetra paks. I look forward to one each day! Compared to a lot of pre-packaged protein drinks, I think they are pretty tasty!
Old 06-07-2010, 12:55 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 250/217/165

Height: 5.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRealtor View Post
Hi guys,
Bad news. I weighed in today and lost only 0.9 lbs for the second week. Maybe I should go back to daily weigh ins, so I know why the loss is small.
As I said I bought the Costco protein but would not recommend it. I liked the taste of the powder muscle milk so much better. Premier Protein has that mediciny after taste (multivitamin taste?) but I'll finish what I got and go back to powder. I have only had one of the cans, so 35 to go!

Lindora bars do not get to you in the best of shape. It is probabely due to Houston hellish climate. My son who is doing a semi-Atkins opened one and I saw that it doesn't look vey good. The husband had all other 6 thinking he was doing himself a favor! he is the one who eats and eats and has a normal weight.

Rather than these, I am pretty depressed with a loss less than a pound for a week. No dark keto-sticks either but I thought I wouldn't care about that since I had lost weight the first week. My body does ok with any diet for a week or two and then I stop losing weight. It is discouraging and I want to eat a peanut butter sandwich so badly (I won't, don't worry, not today any way). I'll wait one more week and see what happens. I haven't gotten the stuff I ordered from healthcoop but am taking mag and potassium and calcium and multivitamins of my own for now. Does anyone see a trend with people who go IP vs. those of us who do the alternative IP as far as weight loss? Help!!!
hang in there, next week you could see a huge loss i certainly hope that the weightloss is not slower with alternative products,

Last edited by proudmommy09; 06-07-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:05 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeseebaby22 View Post
To Bevs:
Oh Noooooo! How Far Apart Should I Take Them? I Took My Antibiotic At 7:30 This Morning. Havent Been Pooping Either (sorry Tmi) Do You Know Anything I Can Take For That As Well?<<<thanx For The Info>>>
Hi, neesee, take a probiotic at least 2 hours after you take your antibiotic, and don't take another antibiotic until it has been at least 2 hours since your probiotic dose. I haven't needed any laxatives, but I was given the following information in my quick-start package:

"If you are not having a bowel movement every day, increase water and vegetables intake in addition to unlimited green salads. If constipation persists for 2 days, try doubling up on the calcium/magnesium supplement. Please note however,... extra calcium can be constipating for some dieters. In these cases, keep the recommended 4 cal/mag tablets per day but add one tablespoon of citrate of magnesia twice a day until relieved. A maintenance dose of one teaspoon once or twice a day may be used to maintain regularity. This product can be found in any grocery store or pharmacy in the laxative section. It is very inexpensive and very effective. If the client notes that they are prone to constipation, you may be well advised to take a 'pre-emptive measure' and recommend they add a couple of teaspoons of Citrate of Magnesia per day."

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRealtor View Post
Does anyone see a trend with people who go IP vs. those of us who do the alternative IP as far as weight loss? Help!!!
Hi, TX, I don't know about everyone else, but I didn't have a problem losing with alternatives. Other people have lost as well. Some people have also had problems with IP. Re-read your materials or Dr. Tran's site and make sure you're following everything the way you should. Try to relax. Give things a good try before giving up.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:30 PM   #14  

I just wanted to thank all of you for all your advice, suggestions, support, etc. It's great to have such an invaluable resource at our fingertips and to hear "real" stories from "real" people going through the same things that I am...whether they involve success or struggle. This forum has been an awesome source of motivation and inspiration!

I have my 5th weigh in coming up tonight and I'm feeling really good about it. So far 3 work colleagues have complimented me on my weight loss this morning...what a great way to start the week! Best wishes to all!
Old 06-07-2010, 01:32 PM   #15  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

So I find myself getting pretty lax on the program. I'm not cheating but I am not fulfulling all of the requirements either. The odds of me getting my oil, sea salt and 4 cups of veggies in everyday are not good at all. I'm hoping now that school is out and I'm off for 2 months that I will have more time to prepare my food and focus a little more. I am pretty close to my goal. I am excited to try Phase 3 and see if I still lose. I think 150 is looking pretty good now, so I might change my goal weight by 10 more lbs. I find that I am still not craving anything bad, but with summer here I sure would like some fruit.
I miss fruit the most!!
Closed Thread