Chicks up for a Challenge - W.O.W. Independence from Fat Challenge~WEEK 2

jcatron243
06-07-2010, 06:10 AM
Can you guys believe we are already into week 2?

Lets keep our bodies in motion! Keep up the good work!

NurseMichelle
06-07-2010, 06:46 AM
WOWza!!!!! I didn't even read all four pages of last week's thread, will do so after I post for this week.

And LOL @ Myself....my only goal last week was to post twice in each week, and I KNOW I posted only the once. ughhhhh. come on Michelle. get with it. :dizzy:

Softball went well yesterday! Our team had its first win! We are 1-2-1 (one tie, the first game!) I play second base and that's fun and exciting! I had a DOUBLE it was a BEAUTIFUL hit out to left field, and scored two runs. I feel so great after the games, I want to keep that momentum going!

Today is a special day for me! I graduate off probation (if you don't know, its a long story....hit a rough patch about 14 months ago, got into some trouble, went to rehab, yes, it's a crazy story) 3:45 this afternoon I will be a free woman! Sober, happy, felony-free (haha)...no more curfew, no more rules, no more daily screenings, ah God is good.

Tomorrow will ALSO be a special day for me!!!! Sooooo I had this awesome interview last week (OMG I WAS GOOD :p I killed this interview I wanted to hire myself based on that interview!) it went so amazing, the woman invited me to dress in my scrubs (which I assume will be an emotional thing for me at first, I haven't got to wear my scrubs in over a year. wow!) and shadow a nurse at the clinic for a couple hours during their busy time to see if it still looks like something I would be interested in....My girlfriend worked there for a while and put in the word for me so that helped and she said when she shadowed that day, they made the official offer after the shadowing, so fingers crossed!!!!

Anyhoooo onto the weight loss part! :carrot: I'm up at 6 am so that must be a good thing...I am excited about stuff though, about today, tomorrow, still riding the feel good from yesterday's softball game....it's all falling into place. So I knew I wanted to weigh in, come post on here, eat breakfast (oatmeal, the old fashioned kind, lots of fruits stirred in) and do some kind of workout video....my friend is doing the p90x so I'm gonna start that too. (power 90 I think I do first) So I'm dressed, eating and raring to go.

W- 3 liters
E- B: oatmeal with fruit
S: apple
L: subway with grapes or apples?
D: ughhhh what????? Failure to plan = plan to fail michelle get on it
S: popcorn? almonds maybe
E- power 90 in a few min, will be back to report how it goes
D- One day at a time. All I have is today. Make better choices today. May God's will be done. Yes, that's God's will, NOT Michelle's will. :)

Remember, motivation wanes, today I make a COMMITMENT.

mothermavis
06-07-2010, 06:53 AM
Michelle, great news!!!! Good for you, let us know how the shadowing goes!

Jeni, time flies. You are always so sunny. Thank You.

W 100
E I have a personal day today, so may go down to the Y and continue to learn my way around. I did take old dog and pup for a walk, but that is kind of not exercise. The puppy is not leash happy yet, so we don't get much speed before he sits.
E Plan
D One choice at a time

NurseMichelle
06-07-2010, 09:19 AM
PS....did the power 90 day one, feeling pretty great. Need a lot of work to keep up though. You alternate day one (mostly cardio) and day two (weights and sculpt) for six days on one day off. I prefer lifting to cardio any day. I'm not afraid of a little work, but bouncing, hopping, jogging in place doesn't come easy to me, but I'll keep trying. Day one has a big power yoga thing in the begining that I am not down with but hope to become more flexible for. Gotta start somewhere, right? My shins ache a little and my muscles feel all quivery so that must be good, right?

Oh and my official weigh in from this morning was 275. Ugh. Now I'm not gonna weigh out until the end of this challenge. Plus I have some measurements done a few weeks ago....trying not to concentrate on numbers. damn you scale! :) Loves to all. xo

MamaP
06-07-2010, 10:38 AM
Morning everyone. Michelle ~ good luck with the job opportunity. Sounds promising.

I got out this morning and did a mile walk/jog (17 minutes). Now, if I will just do it every day and add something else back in. I've been too lazy ~ letting life get in the way of exercising. I did not meet my exercise goal from last week. I've done pretty good on the diet part (even on days that I've eaten things that I really shouldn't, I've stayed within my calorie target range). I didn't lose any weight this past week - frustrating. Four weeks until the 4th ~ I don't see 12 lbs coming off by then, but I'm not giving up.

Week 1: 228.4
Week 2: 228.6

W: At least 64 ounces of water
E: Minimum of 30 minutes 5 days a week ~
E: Average calories within 1600-1700 ~ do a better job of planning and getting in some variety
D: The never ending basement/craft room organizing is still on the list. I am on the homestretch now - hopefully will be done within the next week or so. I am not dedicating enough time to it, or it would be done by now. After the basement is done then I will move on to the garage. It would be nice to have it all done before the 4th.

PopcornGal
06-07-2010, 10:38 AM
Start weight independence challenge: 168
Week 1: 169.5

Off to a bad 1st week start.
But I start my week on Saturday and was really good both days of the weekend. So I am optimistic that I can have a good week. I even got my food cut up yesterday.

Michele - I hope your shadowing goes well today. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a good outcome.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - walk 3 miles
E - 1200 - 1400 calories
D - train the dog

Wishing everyone good WEED today!

jcatron243
06-07-2010, 07:44 PM
:wave: I'll post later, Im exhausted and ready for my day off.

mtiger
06-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Look at you girls..all excited and stuff. Keep working hard, it will pay off.

I am like Jeni- I may lose my umph, but I never quit. And Lord knows I have wanted to throw in the towel. Still looking for that majig mix that starts things moving again. Still eating 1600 cals/day and keeping up with the workouts.

Week 1- 180

mothermavis
06-08-2010, 06:32 AM
W 100
E Stairs, lunch walk, crunches and raquetball after work
E OP
D Fight the good fight

PopcornGal
06-08-2010, 09:01 AM
Yesterday's WEE went okay. The D not so much. I did try to work with the dog but we had a bad training effort. I wanted to end on a positive note with him but I am not sure we did. On the positive side I forced myself to do my 3 mile walk.

MotherMavis - I am curious about the Eating part of your WEED. What is OP?

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - aerobic DVD
E - 1200 - 1400 calories
D - get a positive training session in with the dog

jcatron243
06-08-2010, 09:58 AM
Good Morning everyone.

I got a great nights sleep :) Now I have a girl to get ready for school, then go workout. Afterwards I HAVE TO scrub the walls. We are moving into our new room on Friday! Tommy is so excited to have his own room.

W 80 oz. DRINK IT ALL!!
E 50 minutes cardio/15 core/10 weights
E clean clean clean eating
D scrub scrub scrub the walls!

MamaP
06-08-2010, 10:38 AM
I got out this morning and went for a mile walk/jog. Took me about 15 minutes. Four laps around the square block I'm walking makes a mile. Today I jogged two blocks, then walked two, jogged two, walked two, etc (except one lap that I only jogged one). So I jogged nearly half a mile out of my mile today - yesterday I jogged about 1/4 of a mile. I hate it. I have never enjoyed running - even when I was young and an athlete. I took the stairs from the parking garage this morning - two flights. When I left yesterday I took the stairs from the main floor to the parking garage - three flights, and I will do so again today. I can't do all three coming up yet.

TheLindsy
06-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Ah! I'v been so busy! No time to post!
I forgot where I left off.
But I do know that I lost another pound.

W:80 oz
E: Already did 60 laps in the pool. I love to swim.
E: Keep things in moderation.
D: Relax, I gave my first speech today in class. 61/62. Killed it. :D

mtiger
06-08-2010, 09:24 PM
Not much to say because I have nothing to report. Nothing is happening for me. :(

School is out in 2.5 days though.:cool:

KimL1214
06-08-2010, 09:50 PM
Nixmom~ HAHAHA, underwear backwards… HAHAHA… sorry, got a good laugh out if it though… 4.6lbs. is awesome!

NurseMichelle~ Nice hit! Congrats on your win! How did shadowing work out?

MamaP~ Great job sticking with the walking!

mtiger~ 4.5 days for us… I can’t wait!!! 6 if you include in-service…

jcatron243~ Walls all nice and clean?

100% on today’s WEED!!! AND… Day #4 no soda!!!

6/9/10 WEED

W~ 80oz H2O
E~ Hopefully finishing yard work!
E~ Cook out for lunch tomorrow… No buns with my hot dog!
D~ Going for Day #5 of no soda and Day #2 no Evil Snacking!

Nixmom
06-09-2010, 12:56 AM
Thanks to MamaP I was directed to the week 2 thread... guess I lost my direction all those months away! Thanks Kris

Had a wild day at work. Not great on food but gonna get better. Only got a minute. Reposting my yesterday post so my WEED shows for the week.
Back to the gym tomorrow again... and Thursday I'm gonna try the ZUMBA class. Post TOM weight is creeping down a pinch, and I am going for another 8 hours sleep tonight. Will hit personals tomorrow. Hope you all have a great morning tomorrow!

FROM MONDAY
Hey Ladieeeeeeees!

How is everyone doin? I didn't get to get here this AM to post but weed for the week looks like this.

W - 64 (almost there
E - Hit new gym today. Did 45min on Tread mill and then an hr in body sculpting class! WOOT! First real exercise in MONTHS! Trainer isnt like my bootcamp girl was. I miss her.
E - On target. NO SODA! But 4 smokes... I'll get there.
D - Slow and steady wins the race!

So today I accidently wore my underwear backwards all day. Couldnt figure out why my butt kept eating them. I should have known it was just a foreshadowing of my week back at work.... couldn't keep anyone else off my tush either. Had to laugh though....

I am off to get 8 hours of sleep after a long shower. Nite Weedies!

jcatron243
06-09-2010, 05:37 AM
I wanna do personals but i overslept. sorry. maybe tonight.

W 80 oz
E not much today
E good clean eats
D 2 days left

hope4me
06-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Hi everybody, I'm behind on posting. Been really busy at work and home. I've been reading though. I went over my calories Monday by about 200 but have been doing pretty well overall.

Nixmom: :lol: That made me laugh.

Monday WEED:

W: drank all day
E: 45 min Ellipticle
E: 1705 calories
D: Took some time from chores and spent time with friends

Tuesday WEED

E: 30 min cardio video/ 20 WATP video
E: 1311 Calories
D: Cleaned den, vacuumed, laundry and dishes

emiloots
06-09-2010, 05:40 PM
Sorry I'm late...

Week 1: 168
Week 2: 166.2

I'll try to catch up on personals soon - two crazy boys raising havoc at the moment, Connor is currently baking me a pretend birthday cake (my birthday's not till January :) ) Take care ladies!

W - 64+
E - nothing tonight, raining buckets (but I did go for a long walk last night with the boys in the double stroller)
E - On plan
D - Start reading my new book (Prodigal Summer by Kingsolver), maybe take a bath after the kids are in bed

Nixmom
06-09-2010, 09:02 PM
Hi girls!

Quick post. Just got done walking my driveway up and down 3 times (300 yards uphill) with full trash cans. Sweating like a pig. Wishing I had motivation to do more, but I screwed up my sleep last night and I just wanna get to chill tonight and relax.

Count me in on the crazy life no time to post. Will be back in the morning with new life hopefully!

Have a great night.

hope4me
06-10-2010, 01:31 AM
Looks like lack of time and sleep is a major problem for all of us. I was just complaining about it on another thread. Hang in there everybody. We can do this! :hug:

E: 40 min Total Body Cardio/ 10 min standing abs

E: 1230 calories

D: I'm proud of myself for keeping within my calorie rang the last couple of days.

mothermavis
06-10-2010, 06:00 AM
Morning all, quick fly by, new puppy keeps it crazy here!

W 100
E 20 minute run, maybe raquetball tonight, walk at lunch if it stops raining
E Plan Grapenuts, yogurt, LP Chicken things w baked lays, dinner might be fish?
D One choice at a time

jcatron243
06-10-2010, 06:06 AM
:wave: good morning everyone. Im feeling a bit stressed these days. At least its my friday. I hope it goes well..

MamaP
06-10-2010, 06:36 AM
Happy "Friday" Jeni!

I jogged/walked 1 mile yesterday morning, took the 3 flights of stairs up from the parking garage yesterday morning at work, walked 1/2 mile on my lunch and last night did the Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout. It kicked my butt, but it felt good. My GWF counted 15 minutes out of the 35 as vigorous exercise. I was gonna do the workout again this morning (or day one of the 30 day shred), but my blood sugar bottomed out on me (44) and I'm still feeling the effects of that so not sure if I will do any kind of exercise before work. I'm gonna go back to bed for an hour and see how I feel.

NurseMichelle
06-10-2010, 09:08 AM
Hiyyyyo my darlins! Having a great few days this week! omg God is so so so good and I am so blessed. I sometimes forget to be grateful...and wow! When I remember.

There's your challenge....Name FIVE things today you are grateful for. Name FIVE people you are grateful to have in your life and name FIVE things you like about yourself.

1. My job. Yes its at the Waffle House for now, but I realized I was being too prideful and not humble enough about it, there were ppl who really needed jobs during a bad economy and I was lucky to find it when I did, and I am really blessed to have met certain people there.

2. Alcoholics Anonymous....just more than I can even say. I have learned a better way to live my life, and my relationships with God and others are like they have never been.

3. My family, who have supported me through ALL kinds of crap

4. My WEED girls who emailed and facebooked me even when I wasn't 'losing weight'....just loved me and kept in touch with me. And knowing you gals are here even if I'm not, gives me something to come home to!

5. bad things....I never understood until now, what it meant to be grateful for the horrible stuff we go through, the bottoms we hit, the consequences....it all makes me who I am today. OMG it does sound funny, I'm so grateful I lost everything, thought about suicide, and thought I'd never feel happy again....I am grateful I remember how bad it all was so I can appreciate how good it is today.

1. Mike my husband
2. My inlaws Jim and Dixie
3. Robert and Rachel
4. My sponsor Judy
5. Darla, my good friend

1. I am a good friend, loyal and loving but challenging and direct when I need to be.
2. I compliment others, try to encourage and build others up...used to be I was nice to others bc I expected something in return, now the 'return' is how I feel when I do things for others.
3. I am starting to think I'm kinda cute....(This one is HUGE for me!)
4. I am stronger than I give myself credit for! I amaze myself.
5. I am driven, independent, smart!, caring, and more patient than I ever have been!

I guess I got a little off track there a bit. ;) I'll bet you feel better after you do it though. Getting ready for p90 day FOUR. I have stuck with it so far! the series alternates day 1 and day 2, six on, one day off. day one is cardio and day two is sculpting. They're both about 30 min and they're really good.

W- 3 liters
E- p90 might be all I get done today
E- B: oatmeal with blueberries L: subway or grilled chick salad from mcd's (I'm on the run today) D: the subway or mcd's I don't have for lunch. I work tonight 2-9 at the waffle house and we get free food and I binge out, so if I can resist overeating, or even eating at all, at work, its a SUCCESS.
D- Affirmations above, gratitude, DONE! Feeling happier already! Get some sun and chill on the deck, take a minute for ME.

LOVE YOU ALL! Michelle

Oh and a few random things stand out....LOL Kris and her wedgie story, pretend birthday cakes have ZERO calories!~, what is involved with "standing ab work"? um 60 laps in a pool and I'd never be able to stand up to get out of the pool but WOW! and TGIYF (I say that to Mike, he is off every other friday so ever other thursday is his friday...so cute!)

The shadowing went well. It is a crazed, high paced, stressful, chaotic adrenaline rushed place. Kinda like ICU or something equally FUN (Yes, we are a masochistic lot) and exciting! Did not get a formal offer yet, but my case worker with the board of nursing said they seem really anxious to work out a contract with them to get me on board, so its looking good for me. Told me I'd know for sure by the 24th. Its in God's hands now, not mine. I have given it to Him, I'm just trying to stay out of the way. :)

NurseMichelle
06-10-2010, 09:18 AM
YAY! I fixed my picture AND IT WORKED! What do you all think!? (yes, its the same one I use on facebook) I like this pic :) I took it from up above pointed down at me, that way you don't see my extra chins/neck....LOL And I had just had my hair cut so I thought it looked good that day. I really am a redhead, but now I can see how ppl confuse me for blonde.

KimL1214
06-10-2010, 10:13 AM
Nixmom~ I love Zumba! I was taking classes in the fall and really need to get back into because I had so much FUN!!!

MamaP~ Wow! You’re doing awesome with all the walking!!!

NurseMichelle~ Glad to hear the shadowing went well!!!

Short on time! Day#5 no soda was COMPLETED!!!

6/10/10 WEED

W~ 80 oz. H20
E~ Moving stuff out…
E~ No plan for lunch, so choosing healthy for lunch!
D~ Complete Day #6 no soda!

PopcornGal
06-10-2010, 11:40 AM
Oops I missed a day. But I will try to be back on track as best I can today.

KimL - Good job on the soda. You can do it!!!!!

I am starting a new obedience class tonight with the dog. I have heard bad things about the methods these trainers employ and I tried a private with my dog before and he was fine with the trainer but hated it when I tried it at home. I felt like I was doing more damage than good so I reverted to a more positive method that is still not giving me the results but at least he isn't shutting down. The class is to prepare us for competition. There were no other options out there for us in the time frame we needed. So my goal is to attend the class and not be coerced into employing training methods I don't want to use.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - 1 mile (no time for much more)
E - 1200 - 1400 calories (this is going to be hard)
D - stick up for right to train the dog the way I want tonight

MamaP
06-10-2010, 11:49 AM
KimL - good job cutting out the soda. I know how hard it can be.

Michelle - glad to hear the shadowing went well.

PopcornGal - good luck with the obedience class.

I ended up not getting in any kind of exercise before work. I barely got out of bed at 8:00 (am supposed to leave at 8:00). A sugar that low really kicks my butt and takes me quite a while to recover from it. I did take the stairs (three flights) up from the parking garage. Tonight I will either do the Last Chance Workout or the 30 day shred day 1.

zoochick777
06-10-2010, 06:54 PM
Week 1: 174.4
Week 2: 175.4

Well, hopefully that gain is simply because I ate a bad dinner and I ate it late the night before (fried shrimp and fries). Will hopefully do better this next week since my family has decided to switch over to healthy foods!

KimL1214
06-10-2010, 09:06 PM
PopcornGal~ Thank you! Let us know how the class goes.

MamaP~ Thank you! Sorry to hear about your sugar bottoming out, are you starting to feel your energy coming back? My dad is diabetic and I know it often takes him days to recover from his sugar bottoming out, he has a wicked sweet tooth though, so we usually have to worry about the opposite.

zoochick777~ That’s great that your family has decided to switch over to healthier foods. Is this switch in recognition that you’re trying to be healthier and lose weight, because that would be really neat!

6/11/10 WEED

W~ 80oz. H2O
E~ Waitressing!
E~ No fried food or soda (1st night waitressing, will be a challenge!)
D~ Portion control! BBQ tomorrow…

emiloots
06-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Hey ladies -

Good day, sushi for lunch with a good friend, big salad with chicken for dinner, weeded the veggie garden with Connor then watched him catch fireflies well past his bedtime :) My house is a mess but I don't care!

W - 64+
E - weeding the garden
E - On Plan
D - relax, enjoy the present moment, read a little

zoochick777
06-10-2010, 11:40 PM
KimL: My mom is also overweight and has been wanting to lose weight. Since I've been trying, she thought it would be easier to do it now also.

mothermavis
06-11-2010, 07:07 AM
Be in later!

W 100
E Hmm, will do it, just not sure what
E All ready
D One choice at a time

jcatron243
06-11-2010, 09:23 AM
Yay no work today :carrot: Yesterday was horrible. I barley slept any, I woke up at midnight having a dang anxiety attack (which is never good when I get up at 215). I got out of my car and realized I had my hands so full I dropped my keys (inside the car). Locked of course and the spare was in the glove box still.

Then we had a meeting with our Plant manager (we have them every month). But I had several issues I wanted to bring up, which was lovely, but it got me all agitated (and I like the guy too). He came to follow up with some of the questions, and I threw more at him :)

Anyway I'm glad it is my day off.

Emily~I have never even seen a firefly. Conner is so lucky to have you!

Kris~my blood sugar rarely gets like that, but I am pretty much done for the day when it does.

Michelle~I so hope you get the job! Standing abs are supposed to be just like crunches~Standing tall, suck your belly button in like you are getting punched, let it out, then repeat. We do it in my cardio sculpt class!

Kim~Hurray for no soda for 5 days!!!! Keep up the good work~!

Kasey~I'm back to buying from our local veggie market to keep up stocked full of good foods. I love health foods.

MM~:wave:

W 80 oz
E painting the ceiling, shampooing the carpet in my room, swithcing the rooms (no time for the gym)
E Craving a really good salad! Thats a good sign
DGet my chores done for the day so I can drive down the Oregon coast tomorrow with my new car and my lovely family!

PopcornGal
06-11-2010, 09:29 AM
I was sooooo good over the first three days this week and then I did sooooo bad over the last three. :(

MamaP - sorry about the low sugar level. Good job with the stairs - I have been trying to do that here at work too so that at least I am doing something on the days I haven't had time to exercise.

Zoochick - fried shrimp is hard to resist - I love it. It is good that your mom is going to join you on this venture.

KimL - how did you do with the soda yesterday? This is a really positive change in your health. I gave up soda ten years ago (I was an addict when it came to the stuff) and am pretty proud of that.

Emily - messy house, scmessy house, who cares. Spend as much time as you can with Connor catching fireflies. One day you will wake up like me and they will be 22 and 25. :( My baby moves next Wednesday and I am tearing up as I write this.

Jeni - Thank goodness for days off! :)

All my worrying over class was for naught and I got my friend all worried too. We both ended up very happy with the stuff we learned. Perhaps because we are not complete rookies we were really able to zero in on some stuff to help us correct issues we have in the competition ring.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - steps at work (no time for anything else)
E - try not to overeat - two barbeques today
D - spend some FUN time with my son before his guests arrive for the barbeque & party tonight

Wishing everyone good WEED

MamaP
06-11-2010, 10:19 AM
No workout yesterday - I was just too wiped out still. This morning before work I was loading my car and packing to head to my sister's house after work for the weekend to help with a garage sale so no workout today either (and my sugar was running low again this morning). I'm still dragging. I did do the stairs this morning and last night when I left work. I like the going down much better for two reasons, one - it's easier, and two - it means my work day is done. I was up two pounds this morning (two days in a row) . . . I'm hoping it's the extra exercise I'm doing causing water retention because there's no way it's from calories.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Nixmom
06-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Morning girls!

Last nights Zumba turned out to be TurboBox because the Zumba instructor was out. I know now that I am not nearly as coordinated as I was in my younger days. Quite the bubble burster but a workout non the less.

Nchellie – really wanted to do your challenge yesterday, but I ran outta time maybe later. So glad the shadowing went well! Welcome back to the grind, girl! BTW your pic is FANTASTICO!

KimL = NO SODA DAY! Good for you! I think I am going on day 3 today. But now that I typed that, I want one J

Popcorn – Hope the dog training went well. Its frustrating when you know how much you love your pets and they don’t cooperate. Best of luck!

Zoochick= yay for a family move to healthy foods! I am going to the gym this morning for a nutrition class with hubby. Hopefully we can BOTH be convinced to change our ways too! We ate POORLY last night as well…. After the gym even. Why do we do that crap?

Emiloots = never seen a firefly, but the word just makes me smile. Good for you for taking time out for the important son moments and letting the house be!

Mavie and Mtiggie – hurry back!

Jen = Oregon coast cruise…. Good for you. I’m jealous.

Well, my baby turns 21 this weekend. Having a little get together and getting the UFC figths. Will be a Saturday full of pizza and beer. But good try to keep my wits about me and not over do it. Off to the gym….

WEED for the Day

W- 64oz… come on, just do it.
E- Going through weight machines today.
E- Portion control, eat whats at home
D- I can have 1 hour to myself to read cuz its my Friday off!

kris2008
06-11-2010, 09:14 PM
W - More water: Doing better. Been drinking iced green tea.

E - Treadmill 40 min, yoga 20 M-F: Did 4 days 1st week, 2 days this last week. Anyone ever have trouble with ball of foot, right at end of 2nd toe? Both feet?? I think it was sandels I've been wearing. Trying to get that sorted out!

E - OP on WW: 100%, A+, GOLD STAR!!

D - Am I hungry?: 100%, A+, GOLD STAR!! What a concept - eat when you are hungry!

I may exceed the 4 pounds I have left to lose for the 4th of July challenge!

KimL1214
06-11-2010, 11:31 PM
emiloots~ There are millions of fireflies in my yard right now!

zoochick777~ That’s neat that you have someone to lose weight with! My mom always talks about doing it with me, but has yet to stick with it.

jcatron243~ WOW! Crazy day yesterday, are you feeling better after your anxiety attack? I know it can take a few days to totally recover from one…

PopcornGal~ No soda yesterday or today! I’m pretty psyched!

MamaP~ Have a good weekend also!

Nixmom~ Were you able to resist that urge for a soda? Have fun this weekend!

kris2008~ Great Job!!!

Today makes a full week without any soda! I also managed to avoid all fried food at work as well, which is a huge thing for me since I have always had something fried for either a snack or meal there. The only problem I ran into today was at our BBQ for lunch. I ate too many hot dogs. No buns, but 4 hot dogs without buns is still a lot… I’m trying to put a positive twist on it by focusing on the fact that I did not have a bun with any of the hot dogs, and I also avoided eating ANY chips or have any of the soda there. I did slip and have a few small cookies as well though. But we had to buy the cheapest burger for the hamburgers, meaning the fattiest… and I also resisted the burgers. I’m trying to think of the BBQ as not a total loss…
Have a good weekend!

6/12 & 6/13 WEED

W~ 80 oz. H2O
E~ Waitressing!
E~ Get all serving of Vegetables!
D~ No fried food or soda!

hope4me
06-12-2010, 12:03 AM
Hi everybody. It's been a long day. I got off work at 10pm.

KimL, great job on the soda. I've been soda free since January. I used to drink diet coke and diet sprite all day. It started to give me a slight stomach ache for some reason which helped me quit but it was hard. I drink so much more water now, in fact that's all I drink except for coffee in the morning. It has also saved me a lot of money. I take ice water with me from home in a mug so I'm not spending anything on beverages. :) Good job at the bbq too. I don't know if you had control over the food or not but for future reference if you haven't tried them the fat free hot dogs aren't bad. I always get them and nobody knows the difference. They are only 45 calories each and you get to feel like you are eating junk food. It's great.

jcatron, how was your day off? Sounds like you could really use one.

zoochick, how is the family doing with the healthy eating? Have they started yet?

MamaP, hope tomorrow is better for you. I wouldn't worry about things till you feel better. When I get more exercise in my muscles always hold water and it shows up on the scale. I did a hard workout last week where I was sore the next day and sure enough I was up 2 lbs too.

Hope everyone is feeling better and has a relaxing, OP weekend.

E: 30 min explosive cardio video/ 30 min 10lb slimdown blast video
E: 1350 calories
D: Got several compliments today from people noticing my weight loss :)

mtiger
06-12-2010, 08:08 PM
Did my 5K this morning in atrocious humidity. The air was so thick you could cut it with a knife. Made breathing during running a bit of a challenge. i did it though, in 35:29. My best time yet. I am happy with that. Met a friend from elementary school there. It was fun seeing her after all this time.

Weight today was 179.2. Almost back down there. Let's see what tomorrow holds. Maybe I'll try out some trial memberships at gyms this summer. See how long I can milk it for.

Nix- I remember my baby turning 21 last year. Hard to believe.

Jeni- I was thinking about you today during my run. The friend I met up with wanted to get her time down to 27 min. She hit 28:20. Made me think of your runs.

It is so funny to hear how some of you have never seen fireflies. That is just a Michigan staple. NO fireflies, seriously?? My childhood, and my children's, was filled with them. Good times.

KimL1214
06-12-2010, 10:53 PM
hope4me~ Thanks for the suggestion! One of the other teachers usually gets the food, so I'll mention it to them next time. I've had them before without knowing they were fat free until someone showed me, so I bet we could totally fool the kids.

mtiger~ Great job with your 5K!!! We have millions of fireflies here! I love them outside, hate them when they find their way into my room and keep me awake with their bright behinds.

Today was a really good day! I got to sleep in, eat some good, healthy food, work and make some money, and my feet aren't killing me right now! Waitressing again tomorrow, three days left of school, then SUMMER VACATION! Granted I work at the restaurant and my parents berry farm, but summer school doesn't start until July 1st, so it will feel like a vacation as I'll be working only 30-40 hours/week, vs. 60-80!

6/12 & 6/13 WEED

W~ 80 oz. H2O
E~ Waitressing!
E~ Get all serving of Vegetables!
D~ No fried food or soda!

mothermavis
06-12-2010, 11:18 PM
Mindy, great job on the 5k!!

Have to say, thought of you all about an hour ago, was walking and there was a firefly, made me think of my 3FC friends!

jcatron243
06-13-2010, 11:20 AM
We drove down the coast yesterday. The trip down takes about 5 hours, but we stopped for breakfast and leg stretching so it did end up taking 6 hours (but it was worth it). We went to see the Oregon Coast Aquarium, which was a great time, but it is kindof small from what I remember. Then we went to a lighthouse and then we played on the beach. Ofcourse the drive time takes longer than the time we were actually there, but the kids were troopers and they loved it!

hope4me
06-13-2010, 07:47 PM
Mindy, great job on your 5k! It's humid and miserable here too, mid 90's and sticky. I can't fathom running in it.

jcatron, sounds like a really nice day.

KimL, I'm considering waitressing part-time around my full-time job. I did it for years. It's great fast money but I kinda have a love-hate relationship with it.

W: drank some, not sure how much
E: rest day, but did clean the house for about 3 hours
E: 1360 calories
D: allowed myself a rest day & 1/2 a cookie- sometimes these things freak me out and sometimes it's just a normal part of my diet/lifestyle that I work in without feeling guilty. I've leaned more toward the former lately. :dizzy: Annoying.

mothermavis
06-13-2010, 10:14 PM
Nice, but too short weekend...

W 100
E Did not get much exercise this weekend (structured) did move plenty though
EOP
D one day at a time

jcatron243
06-13-2010, 10:33 PM
Today has been a good day for me. I made it to our local fruit/veggie stand and really loaded up on some good fruits. I didn't do a real workout. (bad bad bad) but I did move plenty. I think I may get up and go do my aerobics class this week (I have to start doing early morning workouts starting the 21st. Makenna's swim practice will interupt my workout and I'm not thinking I will be missing any of her practice.

KimL1214
06-13-2010, 11:03 PM
jcatron243~ Sounds like a fun day yesterday!

hope4me~ Everyone has to splurge every now and then! Half a cookie shows great restraint! Great job!

Had a few too many BLTs tonight when I was making some salads for another BBQ tomorrow… All the waitressing has caught up to me and my feet and hips are pretty sore. Last Monday of the regular school year!

6/14/10 WEED

W~ 90 H2O
E~ 30 Min. Walk
E~ No buns at BBQ
D~ Make a yummy WW dinner from scratch

Nixmom
06-14-2010, 12:28 AM
Ah.... survived the 21st birthday. Had to take the bottle of Jack from Hubby and Son at 1am and wait for both of them to quit spinning long enough to fall asleep. Did breakfast with them this morning, and them had a mellow day picking up, reading the paper, and gearing up for a fresh start tomorrow.

Hooray for 5ks, drives down the coast, extra money (not so much for second jobs), and healthy farm food. Hope you all get some good rest tonight. I know I'm gonna go after it right now!

Be good!

jcatron243
06-14-2010, 10:08 AM
Post here for this weeks thread
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/204596-w-o-w-independence-fat-challenge-week-3-a.html#post3340100