Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-06-2010, 09:04 PM   #1  
One day at a time :)

S/C/G: 157/134/122

Height: 5'3"

Unhappy Awh, Dammit! Not again!

I JUST hit my pre-summer goal of 135 yesterday. But I just kind of mini-binged. I'd break it down a little something like this...

Today's total: 765

Additions:

5 homemade oatmeal cookies: 700
Hershey's Kisses: 350-450
GNU Bar: 130
Almonds: 200
3 Mini-snickers bars: 156

I also ran about 3 and a half miles today. How severe do you think the damage is. I hate, hate, hate when this happens. It happens every other week, usually, on Sunday. I want to break this curse, because it usually puts me back up like half a pound.... and I don't want to go back! I've come too far to screw up now! On a scale of one to ten, how bad do you think the damage is??? Be honest, please.
ElanaRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

What is the trigger that starts this behavior? If it consistently happens on Sunday - what is it about Sundays. Are you bored, do you need a better routine, do you weigh yourself and feel entitled? Do you eat something off plan/sugary that makes you want more/more/more?

I treat Sundays (and the weekends) like any regular, planned day. They aren't special. I also avoid foods like oatmeal cookies because just ONE makes me want TWENTY. I'd rather just not have it, then to have to fight the more more more feelings.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:16 PM   #3  

I think it's me going a teensy bit off plan with just a few almonds... Then I think it's all downhill from there. Maybe I should just cut myself off on sundays. Or maybe it was the fact that the calzone my dad was eating smelled SO good, but I couldn't have any. Maybe that was what I really wanted all along, but couldn't have.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:22 PM   #4  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Why not have the calzone? Nothing triggers a bad binge like trying NOT to eat food you really want and replacing it with food you dont. 450 calories of calzone or 1600 calories of NOT calzone. Is Sunday a danger time because of other food being brought into the picture?

As for how much damage, its done. Move on. Does it make a difference in tomorrows behavior if the damage is a little or a lot?

Strategize. What causes the binge? Try different strategies to combat it.

Maybe every other sunday should be "maintenance day" and you plan a zero deficit day calorie wise and try that.

Maybe every other sunday you need to plan extra carefully.

Maybe every other sunday you need to allow one thing you really want and ALLOW it so you dont eat a bunch of other things out of guilt.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 174/167/145

Height: 5'8

Make every other Sunday a cheat day and eat at maitenance, like what's already been said, these days are good for your mental health, but they also kick start your metabolism to make you lose weight even faster later on in the week

Don't worry too much about today, what;s done is done, and you can't do anything about it,
Maybe eat lighter tomorrow to make up for it?
MeganTheMushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:48 PM   #6  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

Yep, there is definitely soemthing about Sunday that's triggering you, or else it wouldn't be such a discernable pattern.

I echo what's already been said. You can zigzag, and make sunday your high day for the week. If it's later in the day you can go for high volume high fiber low cal earlier in the day, to be better able to indulge later.

I'm also with Glory- cookies, donuts, frosting, eclairs. I cannot have just one- they would so trigger a binge for me. Perhaps there are also a few foods for you (sugar based? chocolatey foods?) that can be hard to control yourself around? Its so much easier to abstain from these foods than mentally struggle with them. I still can buy sugary foods- but not the foods that really, really call to me. I could eat 6 donuts in a sitting, a package of licorice, a box of eclairs. It would be mental torment having them here.

We do have chocolate chip cookies here (I only like soft ones), ice cream, kettle corn, etc. Not a problem. Everyone has their own triggers

Good luck! You can do it!
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 06:31 AM   #7  

Okay; so I woke up this morning feeling a little bloated, but I kind of expected that. But I don't feel as horrible as I think I could have, if that makes sense. Like I don't FEEL like the damage was so horrible. I think the bloating is just the extra carbs and stuff lingering, so I'm not going to weight in until tomorrow or Wednesday to give it time to leave my system. In the meantime, I'm getting right back on plan -- Running everyday, eating my normal amount.