Exercise Equipment Does it work? Share your experiences with exercise equipment here.

Old 06-05-2010, 06:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/161/145

Height: 5'7"

Default Pedometer recommendations anyone?

I would like to get a good pedometer, I don't mind investing and spending a little extra. I am looking for a pedometer that will as accurately as possible indicate how many calories I am burning. I would of course like for it to be comfortable and possibly even discreet.

Anyone have any good/bad experiences with pedometers you would be willing to share with me?

Thanks!
jenlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 07:10 PM   #2  
I'M WORKING ON IT

S/C/G: 205/ticker/127

Height: 5'3"

I've been using the Sportline GOWalking pedometer for a while now and I find it quite useful! It has three modes; steps/distance(km or miles)/calories.
You can enter your weight/height in before you use it so that it calculates your calorie burn rate more accurately.
It's small and thin, about the size of a car remote starter but about 1/4 inch thick. It easily fits in that tiny pocket most jeans have at the hip, or any pocket for that matter, and because it's so thin it's not at all bulky. It also fits entirely in the palm of your hand so if you want to check it without anyone knowing that works great.

It wasn't that expensive either, about $20, and it runs on a watch battery. I don't know much about pedometers but I know this one rocks!
RienQueNny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 07:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/161/145

Height: 5'7"

Wahooo!! Thanks so much for the information and response!
jenlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 07:15 PM   #4  
I'M WORKING ON IT

S/C/G: 205/ticker/127

Height: 5'3"

No problem!
Also I realized that it's actually called the ShrinQ, in case you want to google it.

Happy walking!
RienQueNny is offline   Reply With Quote