General chatter - Her DRAWERS Are Wide Open Again!

View Full Version : Her DRAWERS Are Wide Open Again!

EZMONEY
06-05-2010, 02:54 PM
My wife is at bell choir practice at church and her drawers are wide open AGAIN!! :o

It just makes me so mad :mad:

Since my wife and I both work we have always shared in the household chores...laundry, cooking, yard work, etc.

Saturday is the day I usually vacuum while she goes to bell choir practice at church...

today..once again...she left 3 drawers half open in her dresser....it makes my so :mad:

I even had to close the silverware drawer in the kitchen...again! :mad:

I know she was in a hurry to get to practice after our Saturday morning :running: walk to :coffee2: Starbucks and her :rain: shower...

but is it asking too much :snooty: for her to keep her drawers closed so it doesn't take time from my vacuuming to close them?

I :twirly: think not :no:

And yet she re-folds EVERY piece of laundry that I fold...every time...even my own work t-shirts....she has always done that....no matter how good I fold them....:shrug:

Maybe that's why she leaves her drawers open :idea:

Because they look so good inside ;)

How 'bout you...got a pet peeve with your loved one(s)? :)

dragonwoman64
06-05-2010, 03:19 PM
he has a hard time throwing away pieces of paper he writes notes on. we live in a smallish place, doesn't take much to clutter things up. stop the madness(!)

PS great pic, gotta love Lady Liberty! (I can see her if I look down my street here in Brooklyn!)

HoneyMustard
06-05-2010, 03:31 PM
My DH will always leave the back sliding door open!!!!! Won't even close the screen door! I don't care that he will only be a few seconds outside, just close the door! I have actually taken to nagging him about it, and told him I'm going to break him of this habit even if it kills me!!!

EZMONEY
06-05-2010, 03:31 PM
That is a photo shop pic DRAGONWOMAN...Angie's ex took the picture with his camera...ended up with the Lady behind my head..he just laughed and said I'll photo shop it in...and he did!

I thought about you when we visited.

be good

dragonwoman64
06-05-2010, 03:40 PM
too funny, if you let me know next time you visit, I'll get a guess pass for you from my Y to work off the NY Pizza, bagels, and other good food that gets consumed on any visit to the Big A. heh heh

EZMONEY
06-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Thanks...if my step-d moves back here or somewhere else I doubt I'll ever go back...not that I didn't have a great time there!

If you look in my profile you can see the picture my step-d's boyfriend took with our camera....she's right between Angie and I...Miss Liberty!

wannabesomebody
06-05-2010, 05:20 PM
Took dh 10 years to train me to do this. Now we have a roommate that does it and it's driving ME nuts.. go figure... lol. He rarely says anything but for that he was like NO I just taught HER to shut the cupboards etc.. lol

EZMONEY
06-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Funny stuff!

My wife doesn't usually close the garage door coming into the house either...

which usually means one of our dogs won't go through the doggie door 'cause it's too scary when the door moves...or the cold air comes in at winter...and/or I hear the washer/dryer going...

making me get up out of my recliner...

lucky for me my beer fridge is in the garage so it isn't always a wasted trip!

lizziep
06-05-2010, 06:19 PM
for me it's the glass ow/ 1/4 inch of milk left in it - turned to cement... or cereal bowls w/ the spoon now glued to the bowl. grrr.

EZMONEY
06-05-2010, 06:42 PM
LIZZIE....is your DH in the Elmers again....did he get in trouble in school for eating glue?...

check that "milk" carton....

just cause the liquid is white....

Operator265
06-05-2010, 07:32 PM
When my X visits, he turns on every stinking light in the house and leaves them on along with the TV and computer. He's a coal miner. Last time I told him, "I know you like your job, but, does your entire "job security" have to come directly outta my wallet?"

plumeria
06-06-2010, 08:24 PM
My dh is the one who always leaves drawers and cabinet doors open. Drives me nuts. I know his brother does it as well, so I blame my MIL lol.

Aiesline
06-06-2010, 08:58 PM
I'm guilty of this I'm afraid.

tea2
06-08-2010, 02:16 AM
LOL! I leave cupboard doors open...drives my bf nuts. He is always spilling stuff on his shirts.

aliquot
06-08-2010, 02:22 AM
My bf leaves things around after he finishes something. Like he used a garden hoe to dig a mote around a new tree so we could water it and when he was done he left the hoe lying in the grass...so the next day I came out and saw it lying there and had to put it away.

Onederchic
06-08-2010, 03:00 AM
I don't have anything to add here (well, I am sure I do but I don't wanna) anywho, had to say - Gary, thanks for the laugh, not from the situation but from how you put it all :lol: :hug:

WarMaiden
06-08-2010, 12:56 PM
My husband pointed out to me a couple years ago that after I went into the kitchen, it always ooked like a poltergeist had been in there...because I left all the cabinets open :/ I had never noticed that I did that, honestly! So since then, I've tried to fix that habit, and have mostly stopped doing it. Or...actually, I still leave cabinets open while I'm doing stuff in the kitchen, BUT I close them before leaving. It's some kind of progress, anyway :)

There's a very funny theme in the recent movie "Date Night" where the husband constantly leaves drawers open that the wife then bangs into and injures herself on. I think a lot of us marrieds can relate to that!

WildKat
06-25-2010, 05:21 PM
for me it's the glass ow/ 1/4 inch of milk left in it - turned to cement... or cereal bowls w/ the spoon now glued to the bowl. grrr.

I hate it when I do dishes and I manage to get the spoon unstuck from the bowl only to find that there were cord flakes left in there that you almost need a jackhammer to get off! The worse thing is I don't even eat cornflakes and my boyfriend never rinses out the bowl or even bothers to make sure he eats them all.

WildKat
06-25-2010, 05:26 PM
My husband pointed out to me a couple years ago that after I went into the kitchen, it always ooked like a poltergeist had been in there...because I left all the cabinets open :/ I had never noticed that I did that, honestly! So since then, I've tried to fix that habit, and have mostly stopped doing it. Or...actually, I still leave cabinets open while I'm doing stuff in the kitchen, BUT I close them before leaving. It's some kind of progress, anyway :)

There's a very funny theme in the recent movie "Date Night" where the husband constantly leaves drawers open that the wife then bangs into and injures herself on. I think a lot of us marrieds can relate to that!

My boyfriend does the same thing, although after 3 1/2 yrs he's finally getting slightly better! I'm almost constantly running into open drawers, or catching the top of my head on cupboard doors! I'm blind so the kitchen has become a bit of a hazard area for me once he leave it. I've gotten into the habit of checking all the drawers and doors I can reach to make sure they are shut before I start doing anything just in case.

ghost
06-25-2010, 07:01 PM
my main complaint about my ex is that he always left everything on the counter in the kitchen. Spices, anything he took out of the fridge, garbage, dirty dishes...tools. It drove me insane because I'm mildly OCD. I was always after him. But we made a good team, he made the messes and I cleaned them up. I like to think it kept us busy.

SoonToBeHealthyHart
06-25-2010, 08:33 PM
My fiancée leaves the drawers open all the time. I'm looking forward to having kids so I can child-proof all the drawers!!!

WVUFan86
06-25-2010, 09:48 PM
My fiance will put dishes on the counter after eating with food still on them, no throwing away the leftover trash stuff or putting them in the sink. On occasion I have found a dish in the sink with half a sandwich on it or spagetti left.

The other thing that drives me crazy is he is big on eating everything in a bag, box, what have you and then putting it back. I have found bags of chips with 5 chips left. Drives me bonkers!

BCurious1
06-27-2010, 01:47 AM
Our kitchen cupboards are old and out of true, so they never stay closed. After a few years of dealing with this all the time, we bought and installed eye locks. Finally they stay closed. But my husband always forgets to do this. Every time I go into the kitchen, all the cupboards will be open - unless I locked them.

He cooks, cleans, does laundry and a thousand other things for me - so I can't complain to him. But it secretly drives me nuts

Operator265
06-27-2010, 04:15 AM
My fiance will put dishes on the counter after eating with food still on them, no throwing away the leftover trash stuff or putting them in the sink. On occasion I have found a dish in the sink with half a sandwich on it or spagetti left.

The other thing that drives me crazy is he is big on eating everything in a bag, box, what have you and then putting it back. I have found bags of chips with 5 chips left. Drives me bonkers!

Oh yeah. My X had a habit of leaving dishes and magazines in the walking paths of the house. The dishes were so I would have to pick them up and take them to the kitchen rather than him getting off his big, lazy one and doing it. The mags musta just been so he could enjoy watching me slip and twist my back out on a daily basis. Can't imagine why I divorced him, eh? :rolleyes: