General chatter - What way would guarantee you weight loss?

milliondollarbbw
06-05-2010, 01:10 AM
We all know calories in versus calories out, and that it isn't always as simple as it sounds (eating 1200 high carb calories will leave some of us constantly hungry, while 1200 calories in a more balanced diet may help to keep us feeling full and satiated).

But, deep down, have you ever felt that you knew a way that would guarantee you weightloss, but for whatever reason, you just aren't able to accomplish it?

For me, I feel that if I could seclude myself for a month, and just eat a certain type of premade food, in an area where I can just get out my feelings and not be stressed, I think I would not only lose weight, but also probably look a lot more refreshed and happy. I often dream about being able to go to one of those weightloss camps where my food is prepared and I don't have to mentally struggle with what I am going to eat, etc. I really do wish I could do that----or have enough money where I could pay a chef to make very specific food that would make me feel so happy and energetic, and help me to lose weight at the same time.

How would you almost be willing to guarantee your success at weightloss if you could have your own way?

grrrkgrrrl
06-05-2010, 02:10 AM
i think for me it would be to have enough money to switch to organic EVERYTHING. at the moment i am having as much organic as i can afford, and i am not doing bad...but i wish i had enough money for groceries that every single piece of food i would have would be organic.

milliondollarbbw
06-05-2010, 02:15 AM
i think for me it would be to have enough money to switch to organic EVERYTHING. at the moment i am having as much organic as i can afford, and i am not doing bad...but i wish i had enough money for groceries that every single piece of food i would have would be organic.

I agree.

Mikan
06-05-2010, 03:42 AM
I feel like if I had a personal trainer and nutritionist that I would lose weight successfully. and Organics don't seem like a bad option either.

therex
06-05-2010, 05:00 AM
How would you almost be willing to guarantee your success at weightloss if you could have your own way?

I suppose reverting back to my anorexic tendencies. it's easier than counting calories and working out at the gym and there's something very comforting in knowing the scale will be lower everyday. but i don't do it because while i do want to lose weight, i'd rather not die in the process.

Ciao
06-05-2010, 09:31 AM
I'd definitely exercise more.
I need to exercise more.

VirgoChic
06-05-2010, 01:48 PM
I've always thought to myself that if I had the money to constantly keep the fridge stocked with food and lived in my dream condo building that has its own gym, I would absolutely lose weight. But alas, I currently only work weekends and only graduated college 2 weeks ago so I'm still looking for my first nursing job. Hopefully the groceries situation will resolve as soon as I'm once again working full-time with a decent income.

ennay
06-05-2010, 02:25 PM
I've often thought that if I didnt have a family it would be easier. If it was just me. Not only having food in the house that I shouldnt but also, the smaller dinner. Dinner is a big deal with a family. Its the only meal we have together and it is definitely the biggest meal of the day.

Even if I cut my own stuff it would be easier to cook say a fancy lunch and then just eat leftovers for dinner if I was on my own.

Of course if I was on my own, I probalby would have all sorts of other issues that I dont have now.

Rochester
06-05-2010, 04:37 PM
1. My own personal gym with every possible kind of equipment, a pool, a fabulous stereo system with an unending supply of workout music, and a wide screen TV with an unending supply of fitness DVDs.

2. A personal library filled with books on nutrition, fitness, physiology, psychology, anatomy, etc. And cookbooks.

I don't know if these things would guarantee weight loss and good health, but they would certainly be a ginormous help!

lizziep
06-05-2010, 06:22 PM
a chef- my problem is definitely food. cooking after work just.. ugh. if someone made all my meals for me and they were healthy and tasty- i think i'd be ok. as it is- i just finished my lean cuisine and i swear if i saw someone eating anything right now i'd punch 'em and steal it. haha.

MissKelly
06-05-2010, 11:14 PM
My own way.....well, in a perfect world...win the lotto, schedule an appt with a plastic surgeon to just get it all taken care of & get sculpted exactly the way I dream of. After, get a personal chef & trainer on staff. The end. Now I'm depressed lol......

milliondollarbbw
06-05-2010, 11:32 PM
a chef- my problem is definitely food. cooking after work just.. ugh. if someone made all my meals for me and they were healthy and tasty- i think i'd be ok. as it is- i just finished my lean cuisine and i swear if i saw someone eating anything right now i'd punch 'em and steal it. haha.

Ha! I do agree that having my own personal chef would help me to almost guarantee weightloss---mainly because I know there are healthier foods that I would eat everyday if I could afford to---but other people make them using tons of skills that I am clueless about.

milliondollarbbw
06-05-2010, 11:34 PM
My own way.....well, in a perfect world...win the lotto, schedule an appt with a plastic surgeon to just get it all taken care of & get sculpted exactly the way I dream of. After, get a personal chef & trainer on staff. The end. Now I'm depressed lol......

Don't let it depress you---maybe think of how it can be done on a more scaled down way? I try to think of that myself---how can I recreate eating certain types of food, even though they aren't 100% organic, etc.

Halfhazard
06-06-2010, 01:08 AM
Get dropped off in the middle of nowhere and left to hunt for my own food. That's probably the only way for me. Seriously, I just have no willpower/motivation sometimes.

MissKelly
06-06-2010, 02:42 AM
Don't let it depress you---maybe think of how it can be done on a more scaled down way? I try to think of that myself---how can I recreate eating certain types of food, even though they aren't 100% organic, etc.

I'm not depressed about the weight loss or food at all. I've scaled down as much as I can by once again eating as a vegetarian. It was the LOTTO part that did it, lol!! ;)

Get dropped off in the middle of nowhere and left to hunt for my own food.

Omg. That is really SO funny! :lol:

Glory87
06-06-2010, 11:18 AM
Even Oprah, with all her money (the finest foods, the best trainers, personal chefs) struggles with her weight.

I think the secret of weight loss is in the mind, not in having a perfect life or the most money to make everything "just so."

CanadianCutie
06-06-2010, 09:21 PM
The best way for me to guarantee weight loss is to continue on the path I am on. I am eating meatless two nights a week (sometimes more). I didn't eat meat for several years from grade 11 til I was 21, but I wasn't healthy about it. I don't think I could go without meat completely now. I just eat it in moderation. Plus would be kind of odd, my boyfriend is a butcher. Also I am trying to get in 60 minutes of exercise a week for now, and will pump that up as I need to.
There is no magic solution. I love to cook. I love veggies. I love my wii and swimming. I'm good to go.

milliondollarbbw
06-06-2010, 10:53 PM
I feel like Oprah probably just isnt changing her mind or her habits. She has all the money in the world, and could probably hire the best chefs in the world who make super yummy and super low-calorie food, but, coupled with her thyroid issues and the slowing down of her metabolism, she still struggles with it.

If I had money like her?---ha! the weight would be gone in under a year----I would pay the money for the very healthy food, seclude myself a way for a lil while to just focus on my thoughts and what I want to do, and just become super invigorated.

Heck, if I had a couple hundred dollars more a month, I could vastly improve my home diet, for the unique and specific types of foods I need to eat in order to lose weight. :)

astrophe
06-06-2010, 11:05 PM
If we're going to fantasize, I'd just fantasize not to have this weight problem at all! Goodbye PCOS/IR & hypothyroid!

But if I have to stay the same shape and only fantasize about making the solution easier ...

I would welcome a chef. I actually enjoy cooking and grocery shopping but grow weary of having to be in charge of everyone's food all the time every day out of the year. I end up trying to put my main energy into dinner and breakfast and lunch get short changed.

A.

goodforme
06-07-2010, 02:24 PM
If I had unlimited funds at the grocery, farmer's market, and butcher, I could buy all the best foods in the quantities to guarantee I wouldn't run short of "good" stuff before payday rolls around again. However, I still wouldn't have unlimited time in my life to plan and prepare all these wonderfully nutritious meals, pack them into containers, and actually REMEMBER to take them with me when I leave the house.

In a perfect world I would have enough will power/motivation/stick-to-it-ness to get it done. . . And a personal trainer and home gym wouldn't hurt either!:)

2b7again
06-12-2010, 11:56 PM
I've thought, many times, if I could have an amazing personal chef things would be so much easier!

Hamoco350
06-13-2010, 05:55 AM
I would also like to be isolated - away from my family and friends, that is. Being on the journey from fat to thin can a beautiful thing at times, but when people applaud me so much and I haven't reached my goal yet, it actually bothers me. I might be bad at taking compliments, I don't know. Something about people praising me when I am still obese makes me feel ill. I feel like I don't deserve that until I have reached whatever my final goal will be - silly, I know; but it's just how I feel about things. I have a dire need to not be distracted.

GonnaTurnHeads
06-13-2010, 06:44 AM
If I didn't have to work, didn't have to worry about money and had no responsibilities to tend to.... I would have a personal trainer to work with everyday for a few hours, I would take unlimited trips for back packing and mountain biking. I would have a personal chef in the house to cook all of my meals and bring them to me on a schedule. I would also have an in home lap pool ... and a massage therapist in the home as well!
I'd surely lose weight then!! :):)

srmb60
06-13-2010, 07:05 AM
We're pretty close here. There's organic beef in the freezer. I can get nice local fruits, vegetables, meats and eggs. We have nice health benefits. I have a good elliptical and good running shoes. While there are always financial issues they're much better than they were when the kids were little. Most of the time there's only me and DH and he'll eat whatever I do.
The kids are doing well and I don't worry about them much ;)

Hmmm ... maybe a four day work week and a housekeeper??? Still no guarantee but I'd like to try it.

dragonwoman64
06-13-2010, 04:17 PM
I think the secret of weight loss is in the mind, not in having a perfect life or the most money to make everything "just so."

too true, but it sure is fun to fantasize!

I'd like a spa like setting, I'd have my own cabin on a lake front. there'd be communal dining with other fun people, or I'd get my own personal chef, Sven, for the days when I felt like eating alone. heh heh.

I'd get up in the morning, have a healthy breakfast at the patio table under the pines (wow, I can smell the pine...), maybe see a deer, listen to the birds. put on my bathing suit, go to the lap pool. Take a shower, go to lunch. Have a work out at the state of the art gym. Go to a healthy cooking class. Maybe take a walk in the woods before dinner, or just chill with a book in a lounge chair by the water.

have a nice dinner. go see a movie at the spa cinema (huge comfy chairs, and tea and coffee served) or else chill in my big bed back at the cabin watching NCIS or reading a book.

there's be NO stress, NO money worries, no work, no rushing, all the meals and food would taste fantastic. and I'd have a small staff whose job it would be to boost my ego and encourage me (hey, it's my fantasy, might as well take it all the way!)

BreathingSpace
06-13-2010, 05:19 PM
I LOVE this topic/post!!!

Let's see. I would be living in a house on the beach, preferably somewhere international. I wouldn't have to work.

so basically my day would consist of someone cooking me homemade vegetarian meals combined with a raw diet.

I would eat less because it would be hot and not having to go to work.

I would get to do yoga every day and have coffee with friends and read and enjoy my life.

I bet after all of that I would be happy and settle into the weight that I am meant to be.

I think most of my problem is this tight feeling of stress and unhappiness in my heart that comes with living my life which causes me to rush around, not cook properly, eat more than I should, etc.

I know it sounds weird, but I went back to eating meat (was vegetarian for SO LONG) because it filled me up for a longer period of time, which in turn makes me eat less during the day, and that's basically the only reason I eat it.

~BreathingSpace~

tomorrowsme
06-15-2010, 11:05 AM
If I had a full-time job that kept me engaged and not thinking about food, but was flexible enough for me to find time to go to the gym every day and was well paid enough for me to not have to worry about paying for high-quality food, a gym membership, and the plastic surgery I'll almost certainly wish I could afford at the end of this process, I'd lose the weight.

At least, that's what my life was like when I lost weight the first time. Maybe not the "enough money for plastic surgery part", but the rest of it.

motivated chickie
06-15-2010, 11:33 AM
For the most part, I am completely satisfied with my eating and exercise.

However, my eating disorder is acting up again. So, my wish would be that the Renfrew Center had a treatment group closer to where I live.

Also, I'd love it if I could hit a panic button whenever I was walking to buy binge food and the overeating police would come by, pick me up, and drive me home.