Does it Work? - Special K diet? :/

View Full Version : Special K diet? :/

candy love
06-04-2010, 11:00 PM
Anyone tried it? Does it work? What were your results and would it be safe to carry on for more than the two weeks? I'm planning on trying it starting monday but I would like to know everyones opinions before I do just incase I waste all my money for no reason

MissChief
06-04-2010, 11:03 PM
I've not tried it, but it sounds like it's a starvation diet. Substitute 2 meals a day with a bowl of cereal? I would think one would have to have a will of iron to stick with that....

candy love
06-04-2010, 11:07 PM
lol it doesn't sound too bad to me... yet lol

atreyyena
06-04-2010, 11:18 PM
I would listen to what the diet says about only supposed to be for two weeks. sounds like a diet, not a way of eating. It's good because it's low fat, but a lot of nutrients will end up being lacking.

Jessica88
06-22-2010, 06:43 PM
I tried it a couple of years ago, I got results from it but then ended up gaining the weight back + more because you are suppose to have special K for breakfast and for either lunch or dinner and have another meal for one of them so if you have a low calorie/fat meal you are not going to get the amount of calories that your body needs so of course you will end up losing weight, your body is not getting the nutrients it needs. So when you go back to your normal diet, you are going to gain weight because I am sure you will be eating more calories than you would on that diet.

JustImagine
06-25-2010, 02:26 AM
It didn't work for me.

It's a waste of money as I see it.

PapayaMule
06-25-2010, 08:28 AM
Every time I see the advert for this on TV it makes me so angry! What a boring stupid way of losing weight.

What will you learn about healthy eating, nutrition, weight loss and/or maintenance from eating two stupid bowls of cereal every day?

You could be eating muesli for breakfast, salad for lunch and fruit in between and still lose weight.

What's wrong with eating REAL food????!

Okay. Rant over :dizzy:

2muchbackend
06-26-2010, 01:52 AM
I do love special k for dessert!

Autumn Gold
06-26-2010, 09:45 PM
I wouldn't do the diet if I were you - it seems like a fad.

I do love Special K for breakfast though. Honey and oats being my favourite. Yummmmm! :D