Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc - Wonderslim Part 3 (Fri June 4th)

Pages : [1] 2 3

View Full Version : Wonderslim Part 3 (Fri June 4th)

spaghetticat
06-04-2010, 02:33 PM
Since we are at like 499 posts in the other thread, figured we needed a new one :)

Kristikins
06-04-2010, 02:56 PM
YAY!! I found it...Thanks for the info on mystery shopping..I've often wondered about that - and how come if these cashiers know their next person could be a mystery shopper why in the world wouldn't they treat them like royalty!!??!! I get sooo irritated at cashiers/waiters etc who act like you are totally invading their space and interrupting their conversation with the cashier next to them..UGH!!! That's another story for another day!!

So you sell adult "novelties"?? That's a fun party for sure! I've had a few of them myself - talk about laughing till your face hurts!!

Jyoyo - I will look up minute to win it games to see what I can find and how it works!! Thanks for the idea! Don't sweat the 1 lb gain!! TOM is suppose to hit me on Sunday and I've been gnashing on everything I can find - ate one of those cupcakes I made for tonight, that didn't hit the spot so I had a granola bar, yogurt and a s/f pudding....I should'a popped a piece of gum but noooo....so I have no idea what the scale will tell me - luckily my WI is next friday so I have 7 days to be good! Gosh..why is it so dang hard?? I do like your idea of a Monday WI though..that'd motivate me (for a little bit anyway!!)

Keep those retreat activities/games coming..I've got till July to get my stuff lined up!

kiwicakes
06-04-2010, 05:05 PM
Hi Laides!

I read some of the posts regarding wonderslim on this forum, it seems like quite a few of you have had great results using this product. What I want to know is, what's the longest time has any of you ladies been using wonderslim? A month or 2, half a year? Does any major grocery store/health food store carry this stuff or do I have to buy from diet direct? Any negative reactions to the diet when you start?

Thanks a bunch! All you ladies have been an inspiration!

spaghetticat
06-04-2010, 06:56 PM
YAY!! I found it...Thanks for the info on mystery shopping..I've often wondered about that - and how come if these cashiers know their next person could be a mystery shopper why in the world wouldn't they treat them like royalty!!??!! I get sooo irritated at cashiers/waiters etc who act like you are totally invading their space and interrupting their conversation with the cashier next to them..UGH!!! That's another story for another day!!

So you sell adult "novelties"?? That's a fun party for sure! I've had a few of them myself - talk about laughing till your face hurts!!

Jyoyo - I will look up minute to win it games to see what I can find and how it works!! Thanks for the idea! Don't sweat the 1 lb gain!! TOM is suppose to hit me on Sunday and I've been gnashing on everything I can find - ate one of those cupcakes I made for tonight, that didn't hit the spot so I had a granola bar, yogurt and a s/f pudding....I should'a popped a piece of gum but noooo....so I have no idea what the scale will tell me - luckily my WI is next friday so I have 7 days to be good! Gosh..why is it so dang hard?? I do like your idea of a Monday WI though..that'd motivate me (for a little bit anyway!!)

Keep those retreat activities/games coming..I've got till July to get my stuff lined up!

yeah i switched from a smaller company to a bigger company with tons of products from like spa to lots of "unmentionables" I have a total blast doing the parties and learning stuff so it is all good!

Yeah i never understood that either. I will quit a job if I dont like it. I feel like if you have an attitude that you are doing the boss a favor by showing up, you probably need a different job.
Man i HATE the weight fluctuations around TOM!
Anyways I will be back shortly have to get ready for my shop..., hubby is hungry lol! Monday would be okay for me except I dont really go out or do things over the weekend other than hang out with my husband so I think I will stick with wed for now. If that changes or I feel like the weekend is a risk I will use this awesome idea!

spaghetticat
06-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Hi Laides!

I read some of the posts regarding wonderslim on this forum, it seems like quite a few of you have had great results using this product. What I want to know is, what's the longest time has any of you ladies been using wonderslim? A month or 2, half a year? Does any major grocery store/health food store carry this stuff or do I have to buy from diet direct? Any negative reactions to the diet when you start?

I have been on medifast and wonderslim since march, but wonderslim products only 2 weeks. Same thing but MUCH more delicious!
I think you can only buy online. Diet direct is super reasonable in price and have amazing customer service!

If you follow the plan (depending on plan) and get into one that keeps you below 100g of carbs you will have about 3-6 days of **** getting into Ketosis. For me (dont be mad!) it was NOTHING other than fatigue. Other people it is the worst time of their life, but then it passes. Once you are in ketosis its pretty decent :) Only TOM is hard, our bodies are wanting more more more!

So far I am down a fair amount in my 11 weeks :)

ssflbelle
06-04-2010, 09:39 PM
Hi all! I started Wonder Slim last Saturday and was disappointed to see that the place that I ordered from didn't have a message board. I remembered 3 Fat Chicks from when I was on Weight Watchers and Nutrisystem. So I figured I would look here and sure enough there is a group of you on the plan. HURRAY! I now have support as I live alone and have only a brother living in another state.
Tomorrow is my weigh in day and I am hoping to see good results for the first week. Tonight I just placed another order. I ordered from the Protein Shop subsidiary of Diet Direct. Who do you all order from? How long have you all been on the plan and how much weight have you lost? I want to lose about 100 pounds and was wondering how long it would take?
I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

amy1974
06-04-2010, 10:03 PM
Welcome Amanda and Kewicakes!
I started the plan a little over six weeks ago. I don't always get it all perfect, but thankfully it is working well for me. I love the structure, and not having to think about what and when I'm going to eat-it's just so simple.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Amy

spaghetticat
06-04-2010, 10:46 PM
ssflbelle Welcome! Hope you have a great weigh day tomorrow! I have been on wonderslim and medifast since March and have lost about 27 pounds so far. I started at 205 after losing about 10 pounds from various things :)

jyoyo78
06-05-2010, 01:29 AM
I've been on WS for about two weeks....have lost about 7 lbs, but I made some slips. Have some friends who have done really well. One lost 10 lbs in a week. I'm just not that diligent!! lol

I buy mine at diet direct. But, if I'm running low or want to try something new I found a place here in my town that sells it. Granted, it's not the WS brand, but it's the same stuff that DD sells...like the bariwise brand and stuff. I found it at a weight loss clinic here in my home town. So...maybe if you look in the yellow pages for some sort of weight loss clinic...or bariatric place, you might be able to find one that sells the stuff...just a thought. :)

kiwicakes
06-05-2010, 04:55 AM
Thanks Amy!
And thanks for everyones input on WS. :)

jyoyo78, thanks and grats on the weight loss. That's a good idea, I might try to call a few of them tomorrow. I looked at the DD site again, they happen to be having a sale this weekend for the starter kit, I'm tempted to just get that.

spaghetticat, wow, 27 is a LOT!. Ketosis sounds kind of scary tho... I googled and read up on it a little bit... so what happens to your body when you stop taking meal placement/start eating normal amount of carbs again? I'm afraid I will just gain back all the weight, plus would Ketosis mess up the hormones in your body?
Thanks again ladies, sorry I have so many questions haha.

LizR
06-05-2010, 09:05 AM
Hi Laides!

I've been on WS since Dec 8 of last year so I am coming up on my 6 months anniversary! None of the grocery stores near me carry WS but I am in a small town. Starting was hard for me because I had been way overeating and I felt pretty hungry at first and I was not used to having will power about what I choose to eat. After the initial period it became MUCH easier.

Good luck and welcome to the group! :welcome:

LizR
06-05-2010, 09:21 AM
Hi all! I started Wonder Slim last Saturday and was disappointed to see that the place that I ordered from didn't have a message board. I remembered 3 Fat Chicks from when I was on Weight Watchers and Nutrisystem. So I figured I would look here and sure enough there is a group of you on the plan. HURRAY! I now have support as I live alone and have only a brother living in another state.
Tomorrow is my weigh in day and I am hoping to see good results for the first week. Tonight I just placed another order. I ordered from the Protein Shop subsidiary of Diet Direct. Who do you all order from? How long have you all been on the plan and how much weight have you lost? I want to lose about 100 pounds and was wondering how long it would take?
I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

Welcome Amanda. :welcome: We are a very supportive group.

I order from dietdirect too. I think they are the least expensive source for WS products. I've been on WS about 6 months and lost 75lbs. I haven't been perfect the whole time though. Weight loss rates seem to vary a lot from person to person but if you stick with it you will lose 100lb.

spaghetticat
06-05-2010, 10:09 AM
[QUOTE=kiwicakes;3325139]Thanks Amy!

jyoyo78, thanks and grats on the weight loss. That's a good idea, I might try to call a few of them tomorrow. I looked at the DD site again, they happen to be having a sale this weekend for the starter kit, I'm tempted to just get that.

spaghetticat, wow, 27 is a LOT!. Ketosis sounds kind of scary tho... I googled and read up on it a little bit... so what happens to your body when you stop taking meal placement/start eating normal amount of carbs again? I'm afraid I will just gain back all the weight, plus would Ketosis mess up the hormones in your body?

I TOTALLY thought the same thing, so i have good answers for you! Okay because on this diet (medifast/wonderslim/NLD whatever) eat around 80-95 carbs a day our body is only in a very mild dietary state of ketosis. I would read the information provided on the medifast site about it.

In regards to switching back over to carbs once you have reached goals- transition and maintenance are key! As you start to incorporate more healthy fruits and grains into your diet at goal you need to do so slowly- as your body will go out of ketosis and back into its regular state of using carbs as fuel instead of fat. Depending on how much weight you have lost you should take additional time for transition. (expect to spend like 12 weeks in transition if you are losing more than like 50 pounds)

Then once you have incorporated new healthy yummy foods- ie more veggies and fruits and healthy grains and whatever else you are in maintenance. You will need to eat at the appropriate caloric level for your weight and physical activity level for the rest of your life to maintain. The more you move the more you can eat but you may find you are satisfied with less!

Also some people choose to keep up similar percentages of protein or include protein very often in their day or continue to eat 6 small meals a day. Its finding what YOU can stick with. Also most people will want to exercise like 3-5 times a week a moderate amount just for health and maintenance of the body (not even just weight). This will keep you on the right path.

As for hormones- no. I have hypothyroidism, I think my brain surgery caused it but thats a whole other topic. The one issue you should be aware of is that most of these products are soy or whey protein based. For me I take synthroid and I need to take my pill 3 hours after eating or 1 hour before eating, however soy can block the absorption of my synthetic hormones so I get checked regularly... Well i got checked at week 2 and go back middle of this month :P

As long as you are eating a min. of 80-100g of protein could be more or less depending on your body size you will not lose muscle, just fat.

Hope this helps!

spaghetticat
06-05-2010, 10:10 AM
PS HAPPY Saturday! My friend is going to be flying in and arriving in 13 hours! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! Hope you guys have a WONDERFUL day!!

dranaeli
06-05-2010, 01:51 PM
Hi Everyone i would like to say that i just orderd my WS intro package
I have been battling my weight since i had my first child my all time high was 230 but now that i am done having children i want to be at a happy weight
for me

I have managed to do several diets but at this point i feel i need something strict and i need to have most of my meals ready without to much planning because i am always on the go and also have my four lovely children to care for

So after reading through the post and getting information i decided that I would order it and start asap

ssflbelle
06-05-2010, 02:57 PM
Thanks everyone for the welcome. The first week weight loss was fantastic 11 pounds gone. :carrot: Not as much as the first week on NS but I am very pleased and feel great about continuing on with this plan.

jyoyo78
06-05-2010, 03:33 PM
Thanks Amy!

I like that with the starter kit you can customize what you want in it. So if there are things you know you don't like...you don't have to get them...or if there are things you want to try, then you can swap something out. Pretty cool. Also, DD is the cheapest I've found to buy the stuff...especially considering you the volume discount and free shipping for not having to spend all that much. Anyhow....good luck and keep us posted on your progress....struggles....goals....etc :)

jyoyo78
06-05-2010, 03:36 PM
Thanks everyone for the welcome. The first week weight loss was fantastic 11 pounds gone. :carrot: Not as much as the first week on NS but I am very pleased and feel great about continuing on with this plan.

Dang!! You go girl!! :D

jyoyo78
06-05-2010, 03:37 PM
I have been battling my weight since i had my first child my all time high was 230 but now that i am done having children i want to be at a happy weight
for me

I have managed to do several diets but at this point i feel i need something strict and i need to have most of my meals ready without to much planning because i am always on the go and also have my four lovely children to care for

So after reading through the post and getting information i decided that I would order it and start asap

Welcome!!! So glad you found us...can't wait to hear about your progress :)

spaghetticat
06-05-2010, 04:15 PM
for me

Welcome Dranaeli!!

spaghetticat
06-05-2010, 04:16 PM

Congrats on the loss!!!:carrot: weigh to go!!

Addie K
06-05-2010, 05:47 PM
Hallo everyone!

I just finished my fifth week of Wonderslim and I have to say that compared to both Medifast and Optifast, which I've tried in the past, Wonderslim products taste a lot better and that makes the plan a lot easier for me to stick with.

Since I started, however, I've been determined not to eat the meal that goes along with the diet. I know that it's incredibly dumb maybe, but I have a real problem with food and I thought that by eliminating the need to eat regular food that I would be much better off. I've eaten the two fruits recommended to keep good digestive health, but other than that I just eat the bar, supplement and four meal replacements. I have been 100% dedicated to the diet and not deviating, but the weight loss seems to be going down. At my weight (which you can see over to the left - I hate even saying it), I only lost 2.2 lbs this week. I lost 2.6 lbs last week. I'm very happy and pleased to lose weight, but my weight loss seems to be going slow for someone of my weight. I'm very scared that it will slow down all together and I have so much to lose that it's disheartening.

I take a multi-vitamin, drink 8-10 glasses of water a day, and haven't slipped up once. I switched from Weight Watchers to this plan because I was losing very minimal weight on that plan as well, but with the amount of food I had to consume in points for my weight, I wasn't surprised.

Do you think I should add the "healthy meal" to the program? I wonder if I would lose more weight with it or without it at this point..

Any comments are helpful, thank you so much!

Addie

jyoyo78
06-05-2010, 06:44 PM
Addie...first of all...kudos on being able to NOT deviate!! I totally admire that!! I just haven't been able to find that will power yet :o) There are a few of us that are going the "all liquid" route. I believe it was LizR who originally told us about it...and I think she got the "plan" from a website that sells products similar to WS, but with a different name. I can NOT remember the name for the life of me right now!

Anyway, the plan is to eat 9 "meals" a day. I've been doing 5 shakes, 2 or 3 bars and a meal packet like the veggie joe...or chili...or whatever suits my fancy. Feel pretty good doing that, but have only been doing it for a few days though. I believe Liz has been doing that plan longer, I'm sure she'll chime in later.

Another thought is that for your weight maybe you aren't getting enough calories and your body is doing the whole starvation mode plan. I know it sounds odd...but so many people that hit plateaus will add more calories into their diet and boom...the pounds start falling off again. Anyhow, I am a doctor by NO means!!! These are just ideas for you :) Keep up the good work...and PLEASE....pass on some of your determination to ME!!!

spaghetticat
06-05-2010, 07:38 PM
You can follow the Liz plan and have 8-9 replacements a day. Your body needs a minimum amount of protein and calories to function, so if you feel that you can not eat "real" food due to whatever reasons, you should at least have more supplements! and welcome! I am on day two of doing 9 supplements/day but it was just so i could avoid going grocery shopping until my girlfriend got here! (She is coming to visit).

Otherwise you should add a healthy meal.
Liz reccomends 5 shakes and 2-3 bars and a supplement. Just make sure you are under 100 carbs (if youw ant to be in ketosis), over 90g protein(should be easy) and around 1200 if that is your plan :) Hope this helps somewhat!

spaghetticat
06-05-2010, 07:40 PM
The other plan was new lifestyle diet. If you go to the second wonderslim thread its like in the last 3 pages where we talked about it if you want :)

mollymai
06-05-2010, 08:33 PM
Addie...first of all...kudos on being able to NOT deviate!! I totally admire that!! I just haven't been able to find that will power yet :o) There are a few of us that are going the "all liquid" route. I believe it was LizR who originally told us about it...and I think she got the "plan" from a website that sells products similar to WS, but with a different name. I can NOT remember the name for the life of me right now!

Anyway, the plan is to eat 9 "meals" a day. I've been doing 5 shakes, 2 or 3 bars and a meal packet like the veggie joe...or chili...or whatever suits my fancy. Feel pretty good doing that, but have only been doing it for a few days though. I believe Liz has been doing that plan longer, I'm sure she'll chime in later.

Another thought is that for your weight maybe you aren't getting enough calories and your body is doing the whole starvation mode plan. I know it sounds odd...but so many people that hit plateaus will add more calories into their diet and boom...the pounds start falling off again. Anyhow, I am a doctor by NO means!!! These are just ideas for you :) Keep up the good work...and PLEASE....pass on some of your determination to ME!!!

I don't want to toot my own horn lmao but I think I was the one that mentioned the full fast system from New lifestyle Diet website. I will post it again for those who need to see how to do it according to their website:

Can I do the diet with shakes only (full fast)? (back to top)

Yes, you can absolutely follow the program as a full fast, but if you are doing this, please replace the healthy meal with an additional 2 shakes, puddings, hot soups, or drinks each day. As a result, you should be having at least 9 shakes each day.
If I’m doing the diet as a full fast, how many shakes can I have? (back to top)

As part of the full fast, you should be having at least 9 shakes, puddings, hot drinks, or soups each day.
Can I customize the Men's and Women's Programs with only shakes, puddings, soups, and hot drinks (Full Fast)? (back to top)

Yes, you can customize the Men's and Women's Programs to only include shakes, puddings, soups, and hot drinks (full fast). (This is done by simply clicking on the Customize button when ordering online, then click on the “Shakes, Soups, and Drinks Only” button at the top of the customization page.)

These are the foods they suggest you consume:

/Soups/Drinks ONLY (28 Boxes) Total Boxes: Required: 28 ... Selected: 24

Shakes/Puddings
Berry Blast Drink Berry Smoothie Caramel Pudding
Cheesecake Pudding Chocolate Marshmallow Pudding Chocolate Shake/Pudding
CocoMint Shake/Pudding Dark Chocolate Pudding Lemon Pudding
Mocha Shake/Pudding Strawberry Shake/Pudding Strawberry Smoothie
Tangy Lemonade Toffee Creme Pudding Tropical Blend Shake
Vanilla Shake/Pudding

Hot Soups/Cereals
Berries 'n Chocolate Crunch Cereal Cheesesteak Pasta Chicken Soup
Cinnamon Crunch Cereal Tomato Soup Vegetable Bean Soup (Minestrone)
Vegetable Cheese Omelet Vegetarian Sloppy Joe

Hot Drinks
Creamy Hot Cappuccino Creamy Hot Chocolate Creamy Mint Hot Chocolate
Creamy Raspberry Hot Chocolate

mollymai
06-05-2010, 08:34 PM
Also welcome to all newbies.

spaghetticat
06-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Yay! Sorry Molly Didn't know, its the Molliz diet hahah :)

PS I had one of bariwise (i think) Peanut butter jelly protein 15 bars? and now i cant get that

ITS PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME PEANU TBUTTER JELLY TIME song out of my head! And the dancing carrot does not help haha!

LizR
06-05-2010, 09:00 PM
Addie - Welcome :welcome: Congratulations on your loss and dedication so far. 2lbs a week is an awesome pace but I can see where you would expect more in your situation. I've heard of people losing slowly due to hypothyroidism, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothyroidism. I've also heard of people losing more weight by eating a little more so, oddly enough, adding some WS meals may help you lose. Either way, keep up the great work and you will get there.

mollymai - You were the original poster of the full fast system! I was having stomach problems from the fresh vegetables and fruit on WS. When I read your post it seemed like a great solution. Then I started ravings about how I wasn't hungry on the plan and managed to break through my plateau and several other people started to try it. I'm in favor of changing the name to the molli plan too! :lol:

spaghetticat
06-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Damn hypothyroidism :(
BUT 2 pounds a week is my average so I am not going to complain :P

mollymai
06-05-2010, 09:17 PM
Yay! Sorry Molly Didn't know, its the Molliz diet hahah :)

PS I had one of bariwise (i think) Peanut butter jelly protein 15 bars? and now i cant get that

ITS PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME PEANU TBUTTER JELLY TIME song out of my head! And the dancing carrot does not help haha!

ROFLMAO

Kristikins
06-05-2010, 11:44 PM
Goodness gracious...have I missed a ton of posts!!! First of all - WELCOME Amanda, Kiwicakes, Dranaeli and Addie!!! It's great to have you on with us and you will find (or probably have found) that we are an awesome group of loosers!! :-)

Spaghetticat...I hope you have a wonderful time with your friend!

whew...our Relay for life event was last night - so I was working all day, then there till 4:30AM, finally got in bed at 5AM -for some reason I was awake at 11:30AM...that's only 6 1/2 hours sleep...that's NOT enough for me....so I've kind of sat around and zoned in/out all day...have done pretty good staying OP today!!

Gotta go get my teeth brushed so I can catch some zzzz's tonight...nighty night girlies!!

dranaeli
06-06-2010, 12:19 PM
Thank you for all the welcomes I have recieved i am looking forward to keeping you guys updated and getting feedback and support

kiwicakes
06-06-2010, 01:22 PM
Thank you ladies for all the support and answering all my questions :) I'm gonna order a 1 week starter kit and try it out, will update on progress!

Lyn2007
06-06-2010, 04:12 PM
Hey spaghetticat!! I am glad you're doing so great!

I would love to hear more about the difference between Medifast and Wonderslim. Same plan, different packets? Or what? Are the WS products really tasty?? Now I am curious :)

I do love Medifast... 33 lbs since March.

MutableParadox
06-06-2010, 04:36 PM
I just ordered a 1 pack starter kit. I was on Nutrisystem before and I despised the food it was horrible. I love shakes and stuff though so I am excited! I am hoping it gets here so I can start next week! I did the free shipping option so I don't know how long that will take.

So Hi everyone!

spaghetticat
06-06-2010, 04:43 PM
Hey spaghetticat!! I am glad you're doing so great!

I would love to hear more about the difference between Medifast and Wonderslim. Same plan, different packets? Or what? Are the WS products really tasty?? Now I am curious :)

I do love Medifast... 33 lbs since March.

Hey Lyn! Thank you, I am glad too! Its basically a copycat of Medifast other than you have to add a vitamin, and you have one protein bar a day ( like the MF maintenance bars- I never ordered any but same idea), and you have 4 powders (shakes or whatever you want) and then depending on your calorie level and goals you can also incorporate fruit and starches.

From their actual meal plan this is what it is:

WonderSlim® 1000/1200 Calorie Meal Plans
5 WonderSlim® Meal Replacements; 1 WonderSlim® Bar; 1 Lean Meal
1000 CALORIES
Women – Weight Loss Up to 30 Lbs. OR Low to Moderate Activity Level
Breakfast WonderSlim® Meal Replacement*; 1 fruit
Morning Snack WonderSlim® Meal Replacement*
Lunch WonderSlim® Meal Replacement*
WonderSlim® Bar
Afternoon Snack WonderSlim® Meal Replacement*
Dinner 1 starch serving; 4 oz. very lean meat OR 3 oz. lean meat;
2 vegetable servings; 1 optional
Evening Snack WonderSlim® Protein Supplement*

1200 CALORIES
Women – Weight Loss Over 30 Lbs. OR Moderate to High Activity Level
Breakfast WonderSlim® Meal Replacement*; 1 fruit; 1 starch; 1 optional
Morning Snack WonderSlim® Meal Replacement*
Lunch WonderSlim® Meal Replacement*
WonderSlim® Protein Bar; 1 fruit
Afternoon Snack WonderSlim® Meal Replacement*
Dinner 1 starch; 6 oz. very lean meat OR 4 oz. lean meat;
2 vegetables; 1 optional
Evening Snack WonderSlim® Protein Supplement*.

A lot of these low carb high protein prepackaged items are similar, I just really like that I can have fruit everyday or every other day! You can also use the NewLifestyle diet to fit the 1200 program if you want to do all packets no lean and green on occasion.

I find they taste a LOT better. The shakes only have 7g of carbs and 15g of protein and I really like them all! Im surprised how thick and creamy the strawberry one is! They have sone other brands like Protidiet and bariwise. I mix all them up for more variety.

They have this amazing oatmeal:
Protidiet - Oatmeal - Maple-Brown Sugar, 1 pouch 90cals 6carbs 1fat 1fiber 15protein 100 potassium. You have to mix it a lot but it tastes more like regular oatmeal, though I didn't mind the Medifast stuff made with extra water.

I guess to me its more flexibility which could be a good or a bad thing depending on the day :o but yes, I think the products are better tasting. There are some I don't care for- I don't like regular protein bars, but I like lots of the crispy ones. It is a lot cheaper for me then Medifast but I am still forever thankful I found your blog and you started doing Medifast because otherwise I would probably still be sitting at 209 or worse!

If you have any specific questions let me know! I really love the whole low carb high protein until I can get comfortable and switch to a more "whole foods" type of eating :) Just glad these products are less expensive and there is more variety and deliciousness. I do caution some people in using the products because they can taste good to the point of provoking a binge. They have not for me, I have not binged since before I started Medifast but others have.

spaghetticat
06-06-2010, 04:44 PM
I just ordered a 1 pack starter kit. I was on Nutrisystem before and I despised the food it was horrible. I love shakes and stuff though so I am excited! I am hoping it gets here so I can start next week! I did the free shipping option so I don't know how long that will take.

So Hi everyone!

Welcome! They ship pretty fast for me, I got my products in I think 3-5 business days everytime. They ship out of NC so the further away you live the longer it will take but they are pretty quick to get it in the mail. Can't wait to read your posts:carrot:

ETA I live near you so it should be similar :) You will get an email with a tracking number before fedex has actually gotten your order- They usually send you one when they print the label for pick up.

Lyn2007
06-06-2010, 05:01 PM
Awesome, spaghetticat! I am so pleased for you. Thank you for all the information! I agree, going LOW CARB and high protein is the key for me (and you too!) I never would have thought it :)

LizR
06-06-2010, 05:31 PM

So Hi everyone!

I get mine the very next day with free shipping but I am only a few miles from the headquarters in beautiful NC! I tried Nutrisystem too and did not like the food or find it as filling as the WS options. I love the taste of the shakes and bars but the "entrees" are hit and miss for me. I'm sure you will find options that you like. If you try something and hate it you can ship it back for a refund. Click on the "Guarantee" tab on the DD site for more info.

spaghetticat
06-06-2010, 05:57 PM
Awesome, spaghetticat! I am so pleased for you. Thank you for all the information! I agree, going LOW CARB and high protein is the key for me (and you too!) I never would have thought it :)

Me either, what a world of difference!:carrot:

spaghetticat
06-06-2010, 05:58 PM
I get mine the very next day with free shipping but I am only a few miles from the headquarters in beautiful NC! I tried Nutrisystem too and did not like the food or find it as filling as the WS options. I love the taste of the shakes and bars but the "entrees" are hit and miss for me. I'm sure you will find options that you like. If you try something and hate it you can ship it back for a refund. Click on the "Guarantee" tab on the DD site for more info.

Yes this is true! I sent a bunch of things I didn't love back, in exchange for things I do really enjoy! Welcome again.

Ps Hi liz!!:D

Kristikins
06-06-2010, 06:33 PM
Hello and welcome Newbies!!! Great to have you in our group!

So I've noticed that the WS plan says "Meal Replacement" and "Protien Supplement"...what's the difference?

spaghetticat
06-06-2010, 06:42 PM
Oh I know the answer yay! Now bear in mind this is for the 1000-1200 calorie program that includes starch, meat fruit and salad veggies.
BTW If you dont get a starter kit, if when you place an order you ask for the wonderslim diet program they will send you the big binder for free XD This stuff i emailed them and asked for, I just like the hard copy!

* PROTEIN MEAL REPLACEMENTS: (Consume 5 per day)
100 Calories, 15 Grams of Protein, and 23 Vitamins & Minerals. Meal Replacements include WonderSlim® Pudding/Shakes (Chocolate Cream, Vanilla Cream, Mocha Cream, Strawberry Cream, Coco Mint), Smoothies (Berry Yogurt, Strawberry Yogurt), Berry Blast Drink, Tomato Soup, Chicken Soup, Chik’n in Tomato Sauce, Tex Mex Veggie with Chik’n, Beefy Vegetable Pasta

PROTEIN SUPPLEMENTS: (If desired, you may substitute for a Protein Meal Replacement, up to 1-2 times per day)
60-130 Calories, 10-12 Grams of Protein. WonderSlim® Shakes (Chocolate, Tropical Blend) Fruit Drinks (all flavors except Berry Blast) Hot Drinks (Hot Chocolate, Mint Hot Chocolate, Raspberry Hot Chocolate, Cappuccino) Soups (all flavors except Chicken and Tomato), Puddings (Dark Chocolate, Lemon, Chocolate Chip with Marshmallows, Toffee Creme, Caramel.) Oatmeal with Apple ‘n Cinnamon, Vegetarian Joe, Zesty Vegetable Chili w/Beans, Spicy Cheese’n Pasta, Cheese Steak Macaroni, Pretzel Bows, Milk Chocolate Crunchies, Barbeque and Sour Cream & Onion Snack Bites, Cheddar and Golden Dijon Chips.

PROTEIN BARS: (Limit 1 per day)
150-160 Calories, 10-15 Grams of Protein.
** Take 1 Multivitamin and drink at least 8 cups of water or non-caloric beverages daily.
Instructions:
1. Foods may be rearranged within one day to meet your schedule or personal preferences. (ex: use a serving of fruit as a snack).
2. Use Food Selection List to plan your meal(s) and create a shopping list.
3. Consume ALL Meal Replacements as directed for optimum nutritional intake for support of lean muscle and to curb hunger.
4. Eat Protein Meal Replacements, Protein Supplements and Lean Meal at regular intervals, every 3 hours.
Drink at least 8 cups of water daily.
Consult a doctor before beginning a diet or exercise program.

Waterwoman64
06-07-2010, 12:00 AM
Hey all! am back from vacationing.....1st week weighed in the same and was able to maintain by having ws shake breakfast everyday, a protein bar then vaca./family food. This last week, back in State, but traveling and eating not near as well.......will be weighing in tomorrow and am not real confident. Oh well, am determined to get back with the program and persevere! One great thing is to have gotten my weight tracking thingie...yay!!! Good to get back to 3 Fat Chicks and this thread and to see the newbies and the oldies but goodies still doing well and hanging in there.

spaghetticat
06-07-2010, 12:05 AM
Welcome back!!

Kristikins
06-07-2010, 09:40 AM
Hey Waterwoman!! Hope you had a great vacation!! Sounds like you did very good with your eating! Just keep hangin in there...today is a new day!! Bet you were surprised to see all of our newbies huh!! We've had several since you've been gone!

Spaghetticat - thanks for that info! I printed it off - but will request the hard copy diet plan when I order! I've only got about another month with my doc plan - so then I can order WS!!

It's TOM for me...so feeling kinda gross today - am hoping to see a lighter week - since I had that surgery in March...fingers crossed!!! The end of last week was a doosey on my eating tho...batton down the hatches...thank goodness it only lasted a few days!!

spaghetticat
06-07-2010, 10:59 AM
Hey Waterwoman!! Hope you had a great vacation!! Sounds like you did very good with your eating! Just keep hangin in there...today is a new day!! Bet you were surprised to see all of our newbies huh!! We've had several since you've been gone!

Spaghetticat - thanks for that info! I printed it off - but will request the hard copy diet plan when I order! I've only got about another month with my doc plan - so then I can order WS!!

It's TOM for me...so feeling kinda gross today - am hoping to see a lighter week - since I had that surgery in March...fingers crossed!!! The end of last week was a doosey on my eating tho...batton down the hatches...thank goodness it only lasted a few days!!

Ugh I am on back to back period deal. It sucks!! My cycle has been ridiculous since I had surgery last year. Like literally ridiculous. Yuck. Anyways if you want I can email you all the stuff they sent to me it was like 5 or 6 pdfs.

Kristikins
06-07-2010, 02:59 PM
Ugh I am on back to back period deal. It sucks!! My cycle has been ridiculous since I had surgery last year. Like literally ridiculous. Yuck. Anyways if you want I can email you all the stuff they sent to me it was like 5 or 6 pdfs.

thanks!! I'll just wait till I can order from them - next month and will get the binder with my order ;) thanks again!!

Did you have the ablation surgery too??

jyoyo78
06-07-2010, 05:39 PM
Okay spaghett, I know you've posted this more than once, and now I can't find it....so I'll just ask. What are the daily allowances you try not to go over for carbs, proteins, calories, sugars, etc?

spaghetticat
06-07-2010, 07:09 PM
I am not sure what abalation surgery is. I had brain surgery a year ago :)

Um Basically the most important is not to go over 100 carbs. I never let myself go over 93 though just in case. I tend to go from 1000-1200ish calories but I never ever go over on carbs. I believe this keeps me in super mild ketosis but I could be wrong.

I try to stay under 35g of fat a day but over 20g (for gall stone health) and make sure i get at least 85g of protein a day (usually its over 100). At least 15g of fiber. If I don't get that I have either stool softners or flax seed for its health benefits (just dont be bad like me, get the milled and expect it to be seeds. I need to buy some seeds since i dont like powders lol.

If you use a powder sugar free supplement like benefiber be aware they have around 4g a packet and are VERY sweet if you make as directed.

I also pop a daily vitamin and on occasion when I remember take a calcium/vit D supplement because I am lactose intolerant and have hypothyroidism I can have lower levels in those- but I am bad at taking them. I take a handfull of pills already as it is so its hard to force myself :P

Waterwoman64
06-07-2010, 10:51 PM
Today was weigh in for me.......l lb.up. Sure could have been worse considering all of the restaurant food of the last week, am sure all of the extra exercise that went on helped it not be worse. But was back on plan all day and am happy for it too. Yes, lots of new people have joined and am sure they will all like coming here as much as I have........what a great bunch of people!
Still need to get another shake in within the next 20 minutes....Hey Spaghett - how much flax seed do you use a day and do you throw it in a shake or what? I have some in my frige that is about a year old......could it be too old do you think? I used to put it in my oatmeal when I could remember to and actually liked the taste of it. Think the Benefiber sounds too sweet for me.

MutableParadox
06-07-2010, 10:54 PM
Got my confirmation on the shipment should be here by Wednesday! I am excited! Hope everyone had a decent monday! I can't wait to be posting updates. This is the first plan that sounds like something I can do. Loving the positive energy from this thread too!

harvester
06-07-2010, 11:16 PM
thanks!! I'll just wait till I can order from them - next month and will get the binder with my order ;) thanks again!!

Did you have the ablation surgery too??

Had an ablation back in December. Best thing I ever did! TOM is so much lighter and bearable now. I do still get cravings the week before though.

As for how I did last week. I think I did pretty well even with the weekend camping trip. I haven't done an official weigh in yet. I had to go back to the doctor this morning to find out I do indeed have strep throat. That kept me from eating too much over the weekend. LOL!
Tomorrow I'm going to Six Flags, so I'll have to make sure I don't give in to all the goodies. Sore throat may help with that.
I'll do an official albeit late weigh in when things settle down.

dranaeli
06-07-2010, 11:30 PM
I also just got my conformation and i live in north carolina so I am hoping to recieve it tuesday or wednesday but i am so excited about starting

spaghetticat
06-08-2010, 12:16 AM
Today was weigh in for me.......l lb.up. Sure could have been worse considering all of the restaurant food of the last week, am sure all of the extra exercise that went on helped it not be worse. But was back on plan all day and am happy for it too. Yes, lots of new people have joined and am sure they will all like coming here as much as I have........what a great bunch of people!
Still need to get another shake in within the next 20 minutes....Hey Spaghett - how much flax seed do you use a day and do you throw it in a shake or what? I have some in my frige that is about a year old......could it be too old do you think? I used to put it in my oatmeal when I could remember to and actually liked the taste of it. Think the Benefiber sounds too sweet for me.

Yay back on track! - Yes you can throw it into a shake- I have a vitamix (which now i can honestly say I am getting my moneys worth lol) and it blends everything to shreds lol. I am not sure about expiration. Personally I wouldn't but I'm weird about that. If i don't get enough fiber I usually use 1-2tbsp though I think for best health benefits they say 2tbsp. its just a LOT to me.

Here is an idea of the different kinds available, just on amazon- buy locally for cheaper/more variation in most places:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=flax+seed&x=0&y=0

The seeds if you like some crunch on your salads its pretty good like that. Personally i dont like the milled stuff but that is what you can toss into smoothies and stuff :)

spaghetticat
06-08-2010, 12:18 AM
Got my confirmation on the shipment should be here by Wednesday! I am excited! Hope everyone had a decent monday! I can't wait to be posting updates. This is the first plan that sounds like something I can do. Loving the positive energy from this thread too!

Yay how exciting!:carrot:
I had a good Monday. Have a job interview tomorrow :carrot:

I had NO IDEA how much easier low carb high protein was for me. In my honest pure opinion WAIT for a bit before adding anything that could be a trigger food, but you will notice if you stay under 100 carbs you aren't starving after about 3 days and have more energy and such, its great.

Who knew?? Wish I did before! Can't wait to see you post to goal with us!:carrot:

spaghetticat
06-08-2010, 12:19 AM
Had an ablation back in December. Best thing I ever did! TOM is so much lighter and bearable now. I do still get cravings the week before though.

As for how I did last week. I think I did pretty well even with the weekend camping trip. I haven't done an official weigh in yet. I had to go back to the doctor this morning to find out I do indeed have strep throat. That kept me from eating too much over the weekend. LOL!
Tomorrow I'm going to Six Flags, so I'll have to make sure I don't give in to all the goodies. Sore throat may help with that.
I'll do an official albeit late weigh in when things settle down.

You can do it!!

spaghetticat
06-08-2010, 09:55 AM
I made a post about it on my blog:
http://spaghetticatsjourney.blogspot.com/
But WOW scale sock... This morning it said.... 174.4 then 174.8 (the third time...) Official weigh in is tomorrow, but WOW!!!

Kristikins
06-08-2010, 10:13 AM
Cat - Brain surgery??? No wonder you're TOM is all messed up!!! Ablation is where the doc goes in and "cooks" the lining of your uterus - in hopes for a lighter/possibly no TOM!! Good luck on your interview!!

Harvester - Seems like my TOM is a bit lighter - did it take you a few cycles to see a difference?? (sorry if TMI - just wondering!)

:-) have stamp club tonight!! Will have to pack my food to take with me so I'll stay away from the artery cloggin, fat producing, thick and creamy goodness they always fix for us!!

Kristikins
06-08-2010, 10:14 AM
Cat - that's a GREAT "un"official wl!!! Weigh to go!!!

spaghetticat
06-08-2010, 10:37 AM
Cat - Brain surgery??? No wonder you're TOM is all messed up!!! Ablation is where the doc goes in and "cooks" the lining of your uterus - in hopes for a lighter/possibly no TOM!! Good luck on your interview!!

Harvester - Seems like my TOM is a bit lighter - did it take you a few cycles to see a difference?? (sorry if TMI - just wondering!)

:-) have stamp club tonight!! Will have to pack my food to take with me so I'll stay away from the artery cloggin, fat producing, thick and creamy goodness they always fix for us!!

Lol, it was a year ago. I think it is what gave my hypothyroidism but IDK.. I always avoided the drs lol. Yay stamp club! I have a partylite part this saturday after my birthday :) Have fun!!

dranaeli
06-08-2010, 01:26 PM
I am excited to anounce that i just recieved my package of wonderslim and i will be starting tomorrow on my new journey. I have lost 2 lbs on my own in the last week so i am a little worried that i might not have the big intial weight drop but non the less i am super excited

Kristikins
06-08-2010, 01:48 PM
dranaeli - don't worry about the "initial" loss...I think you'll see a whopper loss anyway!! Congrats on the loss and the WS shippment!! YAY!!

spaghetticat
06-08-2010, 02:17 PM
dranaeli YAY!!! Congrats on the 2 pound loss! yay so excited for you!!

dranaeli
06-08-2010, 06:39 PM
:carrot: I am supper excited and thank you to all for your encouragement tomorrow will be my official weigh in for starting wonder slim

spaghetticat
06-08-2010, 08:26 PM
Yay!!! Hey we have similar goals!!
But you already have a ticker Q_Q :P

I think my interview went really good! I am a bit nervous to work its been a couple years since I had a "real job" eeek!

LizR
06-08-2010, 08:52 PM
dranaeli - Congrats on losing 2lb already. Good luck on the WS program. I think you will LOVE it.

spaghetticat - Congrats on the great weigh in! Glad the interview went well.

For the troubled TOM club - I had really bad problems and my ob/gyn put me on the Yaz birth control pill and after about 3 months things got much better.

LizR
06-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Today is the 6 month anniversary of my starting WS! Down over 76lbs and went from a size XXL to size M. WOOT. :dance: I did not increase my food budget at all!! WS is so awesome.

spaghetticat
06-08-2010, 09:01 PM
Yay Liz! I am actually on YAZ at the moment, we were TTC but decided to put it off for a bit.
Congrats on your anniversary and loss, you ROCK girl!!

jyoyo78
06-09-2010, 02:52 AM
Today is the 6 month anniversary of my starting WS! Down over 76lbs and went from a size XXL to size M. WOOT. :dance: I did not increase my food budget at all!! WS is so awesome.

My oh my....you are such an inspiration!! WEIGH TO GO!!!!!

Kristikins
06-09-2010, 09:39 AM
WOW Liz...that is an AWESOME testimony to how WS can really show results - of course not forgetting that it also takes commitment and determination from us as well!!! Congrats and happy anniversary!! As for the TOM issue - hubby took care of the BC issue about 10 years ago - so really no need for the side effects/possible issues pills create...however it sure was nice when I was on them to only have a light TOM for just a few days!!

Cat...Glad your interview went well - that can be the most nerve racking event in the world huh!! 2 years ago I began working fulltime after being part time while our son was in Elementary/middle school - talk about a shock to the system!!! I love my job, but don't love working full time!!! I have found out really quickly that I have NO time for anything - no time to clean house (except the weekend and who wants to do it then UGH), no time to craft (my only outlet of therapy and I have the most awesome room to craft in and never get to use it) and no time for ME - hair appts have to be late in the evening, pedi's and mani's come on whims these days...UGH...the money is good and so are the bene's but I still haven't decided if it's worth it :-) I know, I know wha wha wha right...

It's storming here today...should be an interesting view out of my window!!

spaghetticat
06-09-2010, 10:25 AM
Eh I told them I only wanted to work part time, its only been 3 years, but at the same time, they have been 3 crazy years :P

This morning scale says 175. Down 3 pounds. :)

LisaElevated
06-09-2010, 10:39 AM
HOLY CROW!!!

You ladies have been spot on rolling with the losses!!
I have missed so much being on vacation! Lots of new members, WELCOME!!!

I weigh in tomorrow and have to say I am terrified! I was terrible all week long on vacation... as in not a single WS meal! I forgot my bag of meals on the chair next to the front door.
I still managed to get in a total of 5 walk/jog miles while away from home, so hopefully that will keep a big gain at arms length!
Also, today being my first day home, I am doing the Molly/Liz plan! I need a nice steady liquid fast today to get out all that crap I ate! The meals were fairly healthy, as my family are all thin and health conscious, but we did visit Palmer's Candy, which is like the Willy Wonka of Iowa, so there was the bag of yogurt raisins and the Twin Bings that I purchased! :devil:

I am so proud of all you diva's!! Sounds like everyone did great or is on their way to great! It's good to be back!

Oh and one last thing... when I was reading through to catch up on posts, there was someone who asked about eating too much protein, I am sorry I cannot remember who, but here is what I have read on the subject:

There is always the possibility of too much of even a good thing, but when it comes to protein, the biggest worry is the hardship it puts on our kidneys. It depends on body type etc, but my recommended "max" is 120g a day. So when I eat over that, I compensate with extra water, to take some pressure off of my kidneys. So basically, if you eat more than that, drink LOTS more water.

Woot! Now here's to a great OP week!:carrot:

spaghetticat
06-09-2010, 10:50 AM
thanks Lisa, it was me :P Welcome back... and yeah 3 pounds with 3 days of all meal replacements? oh yeah!

LisaElevated
06-09-2010, 01:15 PM
WOO!
I got my signature and tracker!

LizR
06-09-2010, 01:19 PM
Congrats Lisa. I love the hedgehog. My husband had a hedgehog for a pet when we first got married.

spaghetticat
06-09-2010, 01:25 PM
WOO!
I got my signature and tracker!

Congrats! I am a bit jealous, but its almost my time too :P

jyoyo78
06-09-2010, 01:32 PM
Congrats! I am a bit jealous, but its almost my time too :P

Hard to believe that with all your posts they won't just give you one....lol :o)

dranaeli
06-09-2010, 02:07 PM
spaghetticat congrats on the three pounds down
yeah we do have similar goals and even almost at the same weight right now

so mt official start weight is 174.4

Kristikins
06-09-2010, 02:41 PM
Welcome back Lisa!! Glad you had a good time on your vacation!! I'm SO ready for my vacation...is a month too early to start counting down?? Good luck on your M/L plan!!

spaghetticat
06-09-2010, 03:04 PM
Hard to believe that with all your posts they won't just give you one....lol :o)

I know right :P I feel like I have been around for ages... Maybe I just "talk" a lot :P I think I am at like 18 days though.

spaghetticat
06-09-2010, 03:06 PM
spaghetticat congrats on the three pounds down
yeah we do have similar goals and even almost at the same weight right now

so mt official start weight is 174.4

:cheer2: :cheer3:

Yay super extra motivation! Congrats on the loss so far! You can do it!!

:cheer2: :cheer3:

spaghetticat
06-09-2010, 03:07 PM
Welcome back Lisa!! Glad you had a good time on your vacation!! I'm SO ready for my vacation...is a month too early to start counting down?? Good luck on your M/L plan!!

No, start counting down imo!

PS YAY im going for a massage on Saturday!!:carrot:

MutableParadox
06-09-2010, 04:22 PM
Got my order in today! Everything looks good. I read through week 1 and PLANNED what I am going to eat for a whole week! I have to do some light grocery shopping tomorrow but other than that I am ready and will be starting tomorrow morning! =D I can't wait! I'll definitely tell you how I like everything! =D

AND if I can stay on plan for the whole week (which I have NEVER been able to do) I am going to get a manicure and pedicure! ^_^ So the 10-16 is what I have food for (did the 1 week starter) and will order more if I like it which I hope I will!

LizR
06-09-2010, 04:51 PM
Good luck getting started Kelly! :goodluck:

spaghetticat
06-09-2010, 05:40 PM
Got my order in today! Everything looks good. I read through week 1 and PLANNED what I am going to eat for a whole week! I have to do some light grocery shopping tomorrow but other than that I am ready and will be starting tomorrow morning! =D I can't wait! I'll definitely tell you how I like everything! =D

AND if I can stay on plan for the whole week (which I have NEVER been able to do) I am going to get a manicure and pedicure! ^_^ So the 10-16 is what I have food for (did the 1 week starter) and will order more if I like it which I hope I will!

The first few days are the hardest, Hang in there, it is worth it! We are here for you if you need to talk!

Kristikins
06-09-2010, 05:49 PM
YAY Kelly!!! Get goin girl!! You and I weigh about the same!! Good luck to you in your new adventure!!

Cat - counting down to Vaca!!! 23 days!!! Will I be ready for a bikini in 23 days??? (HA!! JK)!!!

amy1974
06-09-2010, 06:18 PM
I haven't been on in a few days -- been super busy, but you guys are on fire. Everyone's losses have been great!! Liz I hope in six months I can be where you are at - that is so great.

I have to slow down for a few days-okay I'm actually lying in bed per the chiro. orders. Our puppy (who weighs 50+lbs) hasn't gotten used to her size and literally knocked my legs out from under me the other day. I landed flat on my back. I was a bit sore, but thought I was okay. I cleaned out our goat pens (back breaking work!!) carried in some 50lb bags of food and then last night bent over to pick up something and my back went out. Sooooo now I have to lay in bed flat for the next couple of days. Seems like it is always one step forward two steps back. I'm having trouble drinking all my water because I really dont want to get up to go the bathroom!! Oh well I'll be up and around in a few days. For now I may be lurking on the boards quite a bit :D
Oh have to add I'll be going on vacation in 16 days!! I won't be bikini ready, but I will be able to fit into a size sixteen suit!

forgot to add-that I can't weigh in today because the scale is upstairs and there is no way I am conquering the stairs for that--funny way to break the daily scale habit!!

harvester
06-09-2010, 06:48 PM

There was a marked difference right away. I think after a few cycles it may be a bit lighter than in the beginning.

spaghetticat
06-09-2010, 11:43 PM
YAY Kelly!!! Get goin girl!! You and I weigh about the same!! Good luck to you in your new adventure!!

Cat - counting down to Vaca!!! 23 days!!! Will I be ready for a bikini in 23 days??? (HA!! JK)!!!

YAY Vacation!!

spaghetticat
06-09-2010, 11:43 PM
I haven't been on in a few days -- been super busy, but you guys are on fire. Everyone's losses have been great!! Liz I hope in six months I can be where you are at - that is so great.

I have to slow down for a few days-okay I'm actually lying in bed per the chiro. orders. Our puppy (who weighs 50+lbs) hasn't gotten used to her size and literally knocked my legs out from under me the other day. I landed flat on my back. I was a bit sore, but thought I was okay. I cleaned out our goat pens (back breaking work!!) carried in some 50lb bags of food and then last night bent over to pick up something and my back went out. Sooooo now I have to lay in bed flat for the next couple of days. Seems like it is always one step forward two steps back. I'm having trouble drinking all my water because I really dont want to get up to go the bathroom!! Oh well I'll be up and around in a few days. For now I may be lurking on the boards quite a bit :D
Oh have to add I'll be going on vacation in 16 days!! I won't be bikini ready, but I will be able to fit into a size sixteen suit!

forgot to add-that I can't weigh in today because the scale is upstairs and there is no way I am conquering the stairs for that--funny way to break the daily scale habit!!

Oh gosh hope you get to feeling better soon !!

LizR
06-10-2010, 07:08 AM
I have to slow down for a few days-okay I'm actually lying in bed per the chiro. orders.

Oh no. Get better soon. :hug: I hope you have a great vacation. You will look great and feel great!

LisaElevated
06-10-2010, 09:12 AM
WEIGH IN DAY!

LW: 190.2
CW: 189.4
Loss: 0.8

Well, considering my monthly visitor and my visit to see family in South Dakota and basically being completely off plan for 5 days.... I feel ok about that!
But I am home now, and back OP, and I fully expect to see 2lbs next week! If it's the last thing I do!! lol!:devil:

MutableParadox
06-10-2010, 09:34 AM
Had my first shake this morning. Wonderslim Chocolate. It was good! I love that I just put it in the cup with water and was shaking it out the door on my way to work! Easiest breakfast EVER! Loving it. So far not hungry, but I am usually not hungry this early. =)

Hope everyone has a good day! I'm sure I will check in as I taste the other products.

LisaElevated
06-10-2010, 09:40 AM
Yay Kelly! I am glad you like it so far!
In the mornings I typically have a Mocha Chocolate shake with a tsp. of instant coffee, a tsp of benefiber, ice cubes and blend it in my smoothie maker. Tastes like a McFrappe! Then the rest of the day I use my blender bottle at work with just water.

spaghetticat
06-10-2010, 10:12 AM
WEIGH IN DAY!

LW: 190.2
CW: 189.4
Loss: 0.8

Well, considering my monthly visitor and my visit to see family in South Dakota and basically being completely off plan for 5 days.... I feel ok about that!
But I am home now, and back OP, and I fully expect to see 2lbs next week! If it's the last thing I do!! lol!:devil:

Congrats on the loss!!:carrot:

spaghetticat
06-10-2010, 10:13 AM
Had my first shake this morning. Wonderslim Chocolate. It was good! I love that I just put it in the cup with water and was shaking it out the door on my way to work! Easiest breakfast EVER! Loving it. So far not hungry, but I am usually not hungry this early. =)

Hope everyone has a good day! I'm sure I will check in as I taste the other products.

Glad you like it! Sometimes I make "ice cream" but usually I just blend it with water and ice omnomnom!

LizR
06-10-2010, 10:15 AM
Lisa - Congrats on having a loss despite obstacles. You will have an even larger loss next week!

Kelly - Welcome to the WS club. Like Lisa, I do a Mocha shake with instant coffee in the morning. YUM.

LizR
06-10-2010, 10:17 AM
I am up 4lb's in 1 day!!! I think most of it is because I accidentally missed a bc pill sometime this week and have serious water retention and some breakthrough bleeding right now. Hopefully I will be back down in a few days!

spaghetticat
06-10-2010, 10:23 AM
I am up 4lb's in 1 day!!! I think most of it is because I accidentally missed a bc pill sometime this week and have serious water retention and some breakthrough bleeding right now. Hopefully I will be back down in a few days!

Im sure it has to be some water because 4 pounds isn't really possible in one day :P

amy1974
06-10-2010, 10:38 AM
Nice job with a loss despite it all Lisa.

Kelly I love how easy it is too-sometimes I will add a tsp of instant coffee as well and shake it up! Or blend it with ice in a blender and make an iced coffee -sometimes I use cold coffee sometimes I use water and instant coffee.

Liz I'm sure that 4lbs will be off just as quick, since it does sound like water weight.

Good morning everyone! Thanks for the well wishes I'm still just laying here in bed. I really did a number on my back it still really hurts! I'm still thinking positive thoughts that despite it all when i step on the scale I will have a loss :D

Amu

MutableParadox
06-10-2010, 11:18 AM
I am not a coffee drinker unfortunately, trust me there are times I wish I was. I don't really like the taste. I am unsure of how I will like the Mocha but I decided I will try it anyway knowing I can return it if necessary.

I'm working on the berry smoothie and I did not like the beginning texture so I put about 4 extra ounces of water and some ice to keep it cold. I like thinner textures when drinking. This seems to work! I like the taste though! Yay again!

Sorry if I am posting too much. I always have some extra time at work. ^_~

spaghetticat
06-10-2010, 11:35 AM
The smoothies went back lol.

dranaeli
06-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Yay I made through my first day and everything was good except i did not like vanilla

I have a question i recieved entrees with my starter kit and i am not quite sure what they count as?

So far today it has been a good day i have a slight headach but nothing to bad

Have a good day everbody

spaghetticat
06-10-2010, 12:28 PM
Dran it should say in your starter kit what different entrees count as- I know it is different depending on what entree it is. I think it is in the FAQ part of the plan, hth!

Kristikins
06-10-2010, 12:37 PM
Morning girlies!!

Amy - sorry to hear about your back..OUCH!! Just take it easy like the doc says and you'll be ready to enjoy your vaca!!

Harvester - Thanks for the info...mine is lighter but lasts the same number of days - UGH...I'm hoping that next month (when I'm on vacation) it'll be LOTS lighter and shorter in duration!!! My doc said "we should know in a few months if it worked"...so I just had #3, I think it worked - just hope it continues to diminish!! I'd have all that junk ripped out if it was up to me - I'm done with it - so why have it??!!

Lisa - Congrats on your loss!!

Kelly - glad you're liking your shakes! I'm not much into coffee either - but I do like cold frappe's - so I've been adding inst. coffee (decaf of course) to my shakes - both choc and vanilla and adding some caramel or vanilla s/f Torani syrup to it - YUMMY!!! I blend mine with ice - I love how frothy it is like that and the volume really increases too!!

Liz - no way 4 pounds in one day...gotta be water...hang in there!

Dranaeli - glad you had a good first day!

Keep it up girls....we are doing GREAT!! Tomorrow is official WI for me...hoping for a good loss!!!

MutableParadox
06-10-2010, 02:19 PM
Just got through lunch. The vanilla was iffy. I think it will be fine as long as I don't have too much of it. It reminds me of the French Vanilla Slimfast, hah. I also had the Chocomint bar and that was delicious!

I am used to only eating one meal a day maybe 2. I am actually really full.

I can't really say how I feel bc I unfortunately only got 5 hours of sleep last night. I am unsure of whether my headache and tiredness is anything but that.

Dranaeli - Grats on day 1! This is my day 1 too! =D

spaghetticat
06-10-2010, 02:41 PM
I LOVE the vanilla lol. I know many people don't care for it but I think its sooo yummy! omnomnom!

losingitbaby
06-10-2010, 03:16 PM
Hi everyone :) I'm anxious and excited to join this great, supportive thread! I'm waiting for my shipment to come in and then I'll be ready to go! (Diet Direct's customer service was just as amazing as everyone said!)

I don't get a lot of support from friends/fam for doing the low carb thing and especially not the liquid diet thing, so I'm excited to have a great resource in this thread. I've done most diets and just eating the way I do naturally has brought me to my highest weight @ 290's. I've lost about 30 pounds doing low carb casually since December, but cooking everything (cause nothing prepackaged is low carb :P) and too much slack is making it much harder on myself. I feel like I'm putting in 110% of effort 90% of the time and that 10% is counteracting everything. I'm ready to dive in with a more restrictive program (and food that will always be in hand, no more excuses!) and stop letting myself fall off and lose sight of my goals.

LisaElevated
06-10-2010, 03:34 PM
Kelly,
No such thing as posting too much! I love that this thread is so active! And I am the same way about thinner drinks, it goes down faster than if I don't add extra water. I don't care for the vanilla either, but I love the smoothies, when I add a splash of almond milk, it doesn't have that chalky taste.

Losingit: Well, we have your support right here!! Unfortunately a lot of people are not supportive of liquid/low carb because they think we aren't "learning", well fooey to them. Almost ALL dieters gain weight back regardless of what they learned, it is all about will power and determination, and we will still be here for you even in maintenance! (speaking for others, of course!)

Woo Amy! That stinks! Take it easy and drink your water, darn it! lol! It will keep you from retaining during your invalid enclosure!

Thanks for the high fives on my tiny loss! I am all geared up for next week! If it hits below 80 degrees tonight, I might even give a little jogging a try instead of just walking!

MutableParadox
06-10-2010, 04:15 PM
Alright done my last shake of the day. I saved Mocha for last because I was positive I wouldn't like it. I'm actually impressed that I won't be sending it back! Now I just have dinner and evening snack to tackle. This was an incredibly good day and I'm excited!

Thanks to everyone for such a warm welcome and all the support. =)

annieann77
06-10-2010, 04:18 PM
I had my weigh in today and after not loosing anything last week and not being at the gym for a few weeks I'm kinda happy to say that I'm down -1.8lbs! :D I know it's not much but we have been really busy trying to get things ready for my sons 2nd bday party this weekend so next week I will be back at the gym and hopefully see a bigger number next weigh in!

spaghetticat
06-10-2010, 04:20 PM
Alright done my last shake of the day. I saved Mocha for last because I was positive I wouldn't like it. I'm actually impressed that I won't be sending it back! Now I just have dinner and evening snack to tackle. This was an incredibly good day and I'm excited!

Thanks to everyone for such a warm welcome and all the support. =)

I totally thought the same thing because I am not a coffee drinker and was pleasantly surprised :)

spaghetticat
06-10-2010, 04:25 PM
I had my weigh in today and after not loosing anything last week and not being at the gym for a few weeks I'm kinda happy to say that I'm down -1.8lbs! :D I know it's not much but we have been really busy trying to get things ready for my sons 2nd bday party this weekend so next week I will be back at the gym and hopefully see a bigger number next weigh in!

Weigh to go XD

spaghetticat
06-10-2010, 04:48 PM
Hi everyone :) I'm anxious and excited to join this great, supportive thread! I'm waiting for my shipment to come in and then I'll be ready to go! (Diet Direct's customer service was just as amazing as everyone said!)

I don't get a lot of support from friends/fam for doing the low carb thing and especially not the liquid diet thing, so I'm excited to have a great resource in this thread. I've done most diets and just eating the way I do naturally has brought me to my highest weight @ 290's. I've lost about 30 pounds doing low carb casually since December, but cooking everything (cause nothing prepackaged is low carb :P) and too much slack is making it much harder on myself. I feel like I'm putting in 110% of effort 90% of the time and that 10% is counteracting everything. I'm ready to dive in with a more restrictive program (and food that will always be in hand, no more excuses!) and stop letting myself fall off and lose sight of my goals.

We will be here to cheer you on!!

Kristikins
06-10-2010, 06:35 PM
Loosing it - WELCOME!! We are your support - like a good bra or spanks - we'll be here for you!!

Annie - YAY for you!!! Woot WOOT!! Any loss is a step in the right direction!! Rome wasn't built in a day!

Kelly - congrats on your day 1!! Yum Yum...

spaghetticat
06-10-2010, 06:58 PM
La lA la La lA!

MutableParadox
06-10-2010, 08:56 PM
Well, as far as totals. I was at 1,355 calories - 133g carbs - 118g protein

I think that is more protein than I have ever had. The calories are fine for me even though I am eating the 1200 plan. I am a little disappointed with going over 100g carbs but all in all I ate healthily and the one thing that pushed the carbs up was fruit so I'm okay with that as well. This is tons better than what I was eating and I am sure I will get a routine going! Thanks for the support everyone! Have a good night!

LizR
06-10-2010, 09:23 PM
Well, as far as totals. I was at 1,355 calories - 133g carbs - 118g protein

I think that is more protein than I have ever had. The calories are fine for me even though I am eating the 1200 plan. I am a little disappointed with going over 100g carbs but all in all I ate healthily and the one thing that pushed the carbs up was fruit so I'm okay with that as well. This is tons better than what I was eating and I am sure I will get a routine going! Thanks for the support everyone! Have a good night!

Kelly - WOOT on your first day. :dance: Don't worry about the carbs. 133g is a very low number. Going under 100 carbs will be easier when you're more used to the program. All the protein in WS is great! I think it is what keeps us full! Keep up the great work. :carrot:

LizR
06-10-2010, 09:23 PM

WOOT. 1.8lbs is fabulous. :dance:

mollymai
06-10-2010, 10:16 PM
You all are doing good. Welcome to new comers.

spaghetticat
06-10-2010, 10:31 PM
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Kristikins
06-11-2010, 09:21 AM
HAPPY FRIDAY!!! YAY!! I didn't think Friday would ever get here! I have WI at 11:15....so I'm hoping to see a good loss!!

Yesterday was such a long day! I had back to back meetings after work and finally got home at 9:45...UGH...Tonight should be fun tho - we have a free concert series in our town every Friday night, beginning tonight and going thru July...not sure if we're gonna go to tonights or if we are going to the movies, but either way - it'll be 100% better than last night!!

I am sooo tired!!!

MutableParadox
06-11-2010, 10:06 AM
@Kristikins: Happy Friday, indeed! I have to work ½ a day tomorrow but I am still excited for it to be Friday. Sorry to hear yesterday was long for you that sucks! Have fun with whatever you choose to do tonight!

So far so good for me today ^_^

LisaElevated
06-11-2010, 10:14 AM
Woo! Friday!!
Last night was such a nice night out, I went for a walk.... and I JOGGED! Granted, it was only for about 45 seconds! :^: But at least my body is up to the challenge. Even just 12lbs ago, this never would have happened.
I really think the WS is giving me much more energy. Not to mention I just feel good knowing that I am doing something good for me!

I was a little bad yesterday though! I had 2 slices of veggie pizza for lunch. Oops. Good thing I went for that walked and burned off one slice! When I weighed this morning, I was still where I was yesterday, so thank goodness!

I need a swift kick in the arse to stop eating carb heavy foods! I don't do it every day, but about once a week I just lose all willpower and eat something carby with my fiance. He's thin as a rail and loves carbs, so he has pizza or pasta w/ garlic bread at least twice a week! Last night he has pasta and bread, but I made a shrimp stir-fry that was delish! I just need to remember that I have an equally as tasty option waiting for me!

spaghetticat
06-11-2010, 11:00 AM
For pizza I just eat the toppings lol :) then its not carbs and mostly I just like the toppings.. maybe that can help?

Today is my birthday. I think we are going to the aquarium and chipotle. I plan to be at aquarium for a while so i am trying to figure out how to eat while I am out. I don't really care if its on or off plan as long as I am under 95 carbs for the day ( as bad as that sounds, i did start the day off with some of the protidiet oatmeal) trying to figure out what I have that is portable.
I ate my last bar that is portable because i knew my shipment is coming today.. forgot they come in the evening and I cant eat protein bars all day lol

LisaElevated
06-11-2010, 11:11 AM
happy Birthday Spaghetticat!!:bday2you:

If you have a trader joes near by, stop in and pick up their think thin protein bars. Low carb and tasty! Or just bring a baggie of low carb cut up veggies or a bottle of water and a packet. Sucks not having the blender bottle always, but where there is a will, there is a way!

spaghetticat
06-11-2010, 11:22 AM
I have a vita mix but it does not travel well, but it has 3 horse power.

LisaElevated
06-11-2010, 11:26 AM
Oooh! Vita mix!!
I have an $8 hamilton smoothie mixer from wal-mart that is on it's way out! It barely chops my ice anymore. It would probably be more cost effective for me to look up a vita mix on ebay than order a new blade for my hamilton!

LisaElevated
06-11-2010, 11:27 AM
Holy crow. I take that back, I just looked vita mix on ebay and they are WAY more expensive than I thought! Wowsers.

spaghetticat
06-11-2010, 11:37 AM
Yeah they are insane but I use it like 5 times a day..... Also 7 year warrenty,and i break things so it works well for me :P
Was last years birthday present.

ITS MY BIRTHDAY I AM SO HAPPY. to be old hahaha XD

Actually i was just complaining to DH i need a smaller pitcher thingie so its easier to get stuff out like when I make pudding shakes and stuff lol. Not sure if its worth it to find a smaller one from vitamix or to just get a cheap one, but i might break a cheap one because im used to just tossing handfulls of ice and whatever else and forcing it to make me things, or like frozen bananna chunks and forcing it into ice cream lol

MutableParadox
06-11-2010, 12:12 PM
@spaghetticat: Happy Birthday!!!! =D

I ordered 2 more weeks of Wonderslim. I am so happy I like this!

spaghetticat
06-11-2010, 12:16 PM
Yay so glad you like it too!

Okay so I have a plan!
Mid Morning
Wonderslim - Chocolate Cream Pudding/Shake Mix, 1 packet 100 7 2 1 15 190
Add Food | Remember Meal 100 7 2 1 15 190
Lunch
Wonderslim - Milk Chocolate Crunchies, 1 packet 120 12 4 0 12 0
Add Food | Remember Meal 120 12 4 0 12 0
Afternoon
Bariwise - Peanut Butter 15 Gram Protein Bar, 1 bar 160 12 6 0 15 0
Add Food | Remember Meal 160 12 6 0 15 0
Dinner
Chipotle - Romaine Lettuce (Salad Bowl), 2.5 oz 10 2 0 1 1 0
Chipotle - Fajita Vegetables (Sauteed Green Bell Peppers & Red Onions), 2.5 oz 20 4 1 1 1 0
Chipotle - Chicken Only, 4 oz 190 1 7 0 32 0
Chipotle - Cheese, 1.2 oz 120 1 10 0 10 0
Add Food | Remember Meal 340 8 18 2 44 0
Evening
Add Food

Totals 841 52 31 4 101 290

its not all my food for the day, but I am going to have the pudding (shake) here shortly , I already had the oatmeal this morning, I am bringing the peanut butter 15g protein bar and the milk chocolate crunhies with me. as well we are eating chipotle so that is 6-9 hours of food I think I will be good, especially because the husband isnt even home yet and it closes at 8 lol.

So When i get home I can just add some more wonderslim products, or since I am already at 100g protein maybe some sliced strawberries and whipped cream :)

Yay birfday!!

hope you ladies have a great day and Kelly I am so glad you are liking this!!

dranaeli
06-11-2010, 12:18 PM
Spaghetticat happy birthday hope you have a good day

This is day three on WS and so far so good I do notice that by the time i get home I am little hunger but other then that I am enjoying the diet

spaghetticat
06-11-2010, 12:29 PM
Yay glad you are doing well..

BTW I think the chocolate pudding shake mix tastes WAY better as a shake then as pudding lol. Though I do add a capful of caramel sugar free syrup many times when making the shake, might be over kill with the less water though hmmmmmm

Yay go team go!

ssflbelle
06-11-2010, 12:38 PM
Wow what a talkative group we have here. I haven't been on line for almost a week I think. There were pages and pages of reading to catch up on. You are all doing so great with the program. HI to the Newbies.
Sorry I can't remember who it was but Congratulations on the 76 pound loss in 6 month. I have a convention for work I need to go to and it is in 6 months. I know that if I weighed less it would make the trip so much easier. I sure would be nice if I was down 76 pounds by that time.

I would love to say the second week was good but I had a friend staying with me for a few days and didn't stay on program. Unfortunately I didn't stay on plan for my dinner as we ate out, but I didn't eat as badly as I would have previously. Yet I was still up 5 pounds, which is scary. We did get to swim which is something I can only do with a friend as I can't get out of the pool on my own. While she was here we took photos of each other. So hopefully I can look back as a meet certain goals and see the progress.

My second order came yesterday so as of today I am back on and hope to see those added pounds gone real soon. I do know that the protein helps to keep the hunger away. I usually weigh on Saturday so I guess I will still be a few pounds up, but next Saturday I am sure they will be gone and more.

Ok I am off to Physical Theraphy, take care all.

LizR
06-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Welcome back Amanda. Don't worry about the 5lb. They are mostly water and will be gone pretty quickly. Glad you got to swim. :swim:

:dust:

spaghetticat
06-11-2010, 12:54 PM
Wow what a talkative group we have here. I haven't been on line for almost a week I think. There were pages and pages of reading to catch up on. You are all doing so great with the program. HI to the Newbies.
Sorry I can't remember who it was but Congratulations on the 76 pound loss in 6 month. I have a convention for work I need to go to and it is in 6 months. I know that if I weighed less it would make the trip so much easier. I sure would be nice if I was down 76 pounds by that time.

I would love to say the second week was good but I had a friend staying with me for a few days and didn't stay on program. Unfortunately I didn't stay on plan for my dinner as we ate out, but I didn't eat as badly as I would have previously. Yet I was still up 5 pounds, which is scary. We did get to swim which is something I can only do with a friend as I can't get out of the pool on my own. While she was here we took photos of each other. So hopefully I can look back as a meet certain goals and see the progress.

My second order came yesterday so as of today I am back on and hope to see those added pounds gone real soon. I do know that the protein helps to keep the hunger away. I usually weigh on Saturday so I guess I will still be a few pounds up, but next Saturday I am sure they will be gone and more.

Ok I am off to Physical Theraphy, take care all.

Sorry to hear about your gain, but you seem to have the right attitude- getting back on your plan, and working this program to work for you! Its not about being perfect all the time, its not that these mistakes, one time, a day, a week even, are going to throw this away. The biggest point is you don't throw in the towel and give up.
You get back in there and keep fighting to get healthy. I think you will amaze yourself getting back on plan (for me on plan is not their plan its mine, so that I can make it long term) Whatever on plan means for you, making it work and sticking around for the long term! We are here for the ups and the downs!:)

Kristikins
06-11-2010, 02:00 PM
Well ladies....I weighed in and had a good doc visit...oh..did I forget to tell yall...I'm down 4.5 for the two weeks...bringing my new loss to 21 POUNDS!!! YAY!!! I'm SO excited and have already set a pedi appt as my reward for hitting 20!! I've also set my 50 pound loss treat as an IPOD touch!! So I'm working for a new toy I guess!! I was soooo excited when I looked at the scale! YAY!! 21 pounds!!! WOO HOO!!!

Cat - Happy Happy Birthday to you!! Enjoy your day; you are only as old as you feel, and true somedays we feel older than others, but tonight you are but a wee teen so live it up!!

Kelly - so glad this is going well for you!! Keep up the good work!!

Dran - Have you tried to space your shakes out to where you can have them later, so maybe you won't feel the hunger in the late afternoon?? I always have a hunger issue in the afternoons too...so I've been trying to eat my fruit later and then a shake a couple hours later - usually that will get me to dinner!!

Amanda - welcome back - yes we are all chatty in here!! We have lots to talk about ;-) Glad you had a good visit with your friend and Liz is right, your gain is probably water - so don't sweat it!! Swimming huh...you are a brave lady!! I've not had a swim suit on in years!! Maybe next summer I'll be geared up for that!!

LizR
06-11-2010, 02:38 PM
Well ladies....I weighed in and had a good doc visit...oh..did I forget to tell yall...I'm down 4.5 for the two weeks...bringing my new loss to 21 POUNDS!!! YAY!!! I'm SO excited and have already set a pedi appt as my reward for hitting 20!! I've also set my 50 pound loss treat as an IPOD touch!! So I'm working for a new toy I guess!! I was soooo excited when I looked at the scale! YAY!! 21 pounds!!! WOO HOO!!!

:woohoo: Awesome loss!

dranaeli
06-11-2010, 03:23 PM
Kristikins congratulations on your weight loss

Thank you i will try that and see today i ate breakfast late so i just ate my lunch and a fruit and i am super full but i will still be at work until 715pm

spaghetticat
06-11-2010, 11:04 PM

Cat - Happy Happy Birthday to you!! Enjoy your day; you are only as old as you feel, and true somedays we feel older than others, but tonight you are but a wee teen so live it up!!

Kelly - so glad this is going well for you!! Keep up the good work!!

Dran - Have you tried to space your shakes out to where you can have them later, so maybe you won't feel the hunger in the late afternoon?? I always have a hunger issue in the afternoons too...so I've been trying to eat my fruit later and then a shake a couple hours later - usually that will get me to dinner!!

Amanda - welcome back - yes we are all chatty in here!! We have lots to talk about ;-) Glad you had a good visit with your friend and Liz is right, your gain is probably water - so don't sweat it!! Swimming huh...you are a brave lady!! I've not had a swim suit on in years!! Maybe next summer I'll be geared up for that!!

Yay!!:carrot: congrats on the loss! I don't really feel that old, I just turned a quarter of a century so I guess its older but I won't cry til its 30 :P

spaghetticat
06-12-2010, 12:54 AM
ATTENTION! I have a siggy. Yay!

amy1974
06-12-2010, 09:33 AM
Happy Birthday Cat-hope it was a good one. I hated turning 30-Now I'm half way through my 30s and it doesn't seem so bad-prob. because 40 will be coming before I know it.

Everyone have a great weekend.

MutableParadox
06-12-2010, 10:30 AM
@spaghetticat Yay siggy! ^_^

@amy1974 Hope your weekend is good too!

So far I messed up a bit of my calories yesterday with going out to dinner that I was unaware of and ordered something that I would figure be low in carbs but turned out to be high in calories. Live in learn I am not upset by it. I'm just plugging along. I weigh in tomorrow morning I don't know if I will see too much of a difference since it's only been 3 days so no rushing it! I got confirmation that my second order will be arriving Monday so yay!

Have a great weekend everyone.

spaghetticat
06-12-2010, 11:20 AM
Great attitude Kelly! Just keep swimming!! :)

losingitbaby
06-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Super excited I got my package today! I went to lunch with my mom and sis and they are on board with helping me keep on plan :) I'm going to walmart/target to look for a Magic Bullet, get groceries for my lean & green, and get organized and ready to go!

What are everyone's non-scale related goals?

It's so easy to get obsessed with the number on the scale so I'm trying to make smaller, attainable goals.

(Right now my goal is to just get through the first week :P)

maryea
06-12-2010, 06:22 PM
Just checked the site. sounds expensive to me! What is the difference between this and Slim-Fast?

Waterwoman64
06-12-2010, 11:30 PM
Hey everybody! and big congrats to Kristi for your 21lbs!!! Dranaele, I would get hungry at the beginning in the late afternoon, but knowing that there was a 'real food' lean and green for dinner always helps alot! That's what I like so much about the ws program, that you really can make it fit for your needs. LisaE, I have the MagicBullet and love it! It is just the perfect size for one serving and you can drink right from the cup you mix it in. When I was visiting my daughter, she has a mini-cuisinart chopper that also worked very well, was not at all noisy, but still needed to put the shake into a glass or cup after blending......so again, the MagicBullet is sooooo cool! Just love that frappe feel of the shake or a smoothie on the fruit ones with the frozen strawberries in the vanilla shake!

Waterwoman64
06-12-2010, 11:38 PM
Just checked the site. sounds expensive to me! What is the difference between this and Slim-Fast?

maryea, believe this is much cheaper than the slim-fast....has been a long time since I've seen the price on that. There are many more products with the WS such as the bars and meal replacement packets too. Our grocery bill is way lower now! This is just a great forum and have been on this plan for about a month now and really do like it.

spaghetticat
06-13-2010, 01:07 AM
Okie confession time. I went to a partylite party.. For the first time in 12 weeks, I went over 100carbs.

I ended the day at eeeeeek...145g carbs. Tomorrow I am back OP. I might just have eggs in the morning to help me ease back into it.

Im surprised I am not in the whole I am going to give up mentality (oy does my stomach EVER hate me right now) and that I am not as pissed at myself as I feel I should be. Well tomorrow is a brand new day. 12 weeks without going over was pretty good. here is to another 12 starting tomorrow :)

MutableParadox
06-13-2010, 08:05 AM
@spaghetticat Let your stomach be your reminder of why it's not good! Although I do hope you are feeling better. It'll be fine! =)

I am down 3lbs today! ^_^ I'm going to Philly Wizard World/Comic Con (yes I'm one of those...lol) so I am hoping to stay on plan! Have a good Sunday!

spaghetticat
06-13-2010, 10:20 AM
Congrats kelly! hey I am a geek too so yay :P

OMG carb hang over. I see there was a reason I stayed in ketosis for 12 weeks.. UUUUGGGHHH I am dragging today.

Eggs for breakfast and tons of water gotta flush this mess OUT!

LizR
06-13-2010, 10:26 AM
Okie confession time. I went to a partylite party.. For the first time in 12 weeks, I went over 100carbs.

I ended the day at eeeeeek...145g carbs. Tomorrow I am back OP. I might just have eggs in the morning to help me ease back into it.

Im surprised I am not in the whole I am going to give up mentality (oy does my stomach EVER hate me right now) and that I am not as pissed at myself as I feel I should be. Well tomorrow is a brand new day. 12 weeks without going over was pretty good. here is to another 12 starting tomorrow :)

Hope you feel better soon. Great attitude. Don't get angry at yourself just keep going! :cheer:

LizR
06-13-2010, 10:27 AM
I am down 3lbs today! ^_^ I'm going to Philly Wizard World/Comic Con (yes I'm one of those...lol) so I am hoping to stay on plan! Have a good Sunday!

WOOT! :dance: Awesome loss. Have fun at your comic con.

LizR
06-13-2010, 10:32 AM

Biggest difference is carbs. Wonderslim is low carb and high protein. Slim-Fast is somewhat lower in protein and has a lot more carbs. I've done WS without raising my food budget by being very careful and buying in bulk from diet direct. If you are interested I'd recommend trying a small order and then a bulk order if you think the diet is for you.

BTW: Costco has a generic brand of Slim-Fast like shakes that are about half as much. They are in the pharmacy section with other diet products.

spaghetticat
06-13-2010, 02:27 PM
OMG i have no idea how any of you are able to go "off plan" for the weekend if your plan puts you in ketosis. My body literally wants to kill itself. I have bubble gut and feel like I am going to puke or pass out. Like the worst hang over ever+ runs ugggh. wow.

Yes, i so deserve this but OMG uggh

Kristikins
06-13-2010, 03:33 PM
Cat - Congrats on your ticker!! YAY!! Now, as for the confession...your body is reminding you how nasty food takes it's toil on our functions!!! Hang in there girl...just keep flushing out, you'll feel better tomorrow and now you know what consequences you have to deal with after a splurge of that size!!

Losingit - My non-scale goal is to go to curves at least 3 times a week and I want to get to the point where I also ride my stationary bike 5 days a week...

Kelly - Sometimes we are faced with tough decisions to make ie: eating out unexpectedly; all we can do is make the best choice we can at that time and move on! Sometimes it is quite shocking how many calories are in a dish that at first glance looks like a good choice...oh and btw...CONGRATS on your loss! 3 pounds is AWESOME!!! WOOHOO!!!

My friend is on her way over to scrapbook for a little bit...so yall enjoy your Sunday afternoon!!

ssflbelle
06-13-2010, 04:46 PM
Thanks LizR, spaghetticat, Kristikins for the support and encouragement. I was not happy to see the 5 pounds up on Friday. But I guess it must have been water as today-Sunday I am down the 5 plus 1 more pound. So for 2 weeks I am down 12 pounds. I'll take that any day. :carrot:
CAt - Happy Be-lated Birthday! Hope it was a good one. Sorry to hear you aren't feeling to well from all those carbs.

Kristikins - Congratulations on the 4.5 pounds down and 21 to date. Keep on trucking. As for the swimming, I wouldn't let the way you look in a swim suit stop you from swimming. If you enjoy it get out there and DO IT!! I am 100 pounds more than you and the thing that stops me is not how I look but the inability to get out of the pool on my own. I have batwings, sagging boobs and belly and huge legs. If they don't like the way I look- they need to look the other way. Of course I do live in a 55+ community and no one else really has the looks of a model any more, so no one says a word to me. In fact, Wednesday when I did go swimming with my girlfriend another lady came over to help us. My wish is that my friend lived closer to me and we could swim every day.

MutableParadox - I messed up too and a few days later it was off. Just get back on your program and you will see new results.

losingitbaby - Glad to hear you got your package and your family is on board with you. I personally thought the first week was easier than my second week. This is my 3rd week and I hope to see some good results. My friend is coming back down on the 22nd and 23rd and I am going to have to be more carefully about the dinner meal I eat when she is here.

MutableParadox
06-13-2010, 06:57 PM
Wizard World was awesome! I got to meet Brent Spiner (Data from Star Trek The Next Generation) got his autograph! Also got front seats to a Q&A with Patrick Stewart! <3

Also I was full of energy took my shakes and bars with me and stayed on plan! This is awesome! My friends even went to Checkers which is my favorite fast food place and I said NO! First time ever and it felt great and I wasn't even tempted. Thanks for being here for me!

spaghetticat
06-13-2010, 07:31 PM
Way to go Amanda, and awesome job Kelly!

nurse2be
06-14-2010, 12:32 AM
I hope to join you ladies in about a month! I need to get through my Medifast products I already have (going to start in two days, my dd's b-day is tomorrow is the excuse there). I had done Medifast for about 3 1/2 weeks, broke my leg, was is in the hospital (actually stayed OP there). When I came home I couldn't hang....I'm still in a wheelchair but know recovery would be easier/faster if I was lighter. I can see myself getting REALLY bored w/just Medifast so hopefully Wonderslim will help me stay on track!

Addie K
06-14-2010, 06:57 AM
Thank you guys for all of the great advice! I used last week to switch from full liquid without adding anything to having one healthy meal. I expected to gain weight due to the switch, but still ended up losing .8 lbs, which I was happy with.

Something I noticed in using Fitday today (something I haven't always done).. it looks like when adding my fruit, I might be getting way too many carbs. On the 1200 calorie diet, it seems like I got 1279 calories, 23.7 fat, 120.7 protein and a whopping 155.8 grams of carbs! My fitday information is in my profile. Anyone care to help me figure out what I could do in this situation? Have smaller portions of fruit? Perhaps a half banana for each fruit serving and cutting out the extra breakfast carb of pretzels? I had no idea I was consuming so many carbs this week! I am definitely not in ketosis with this :(

Addie K
06-14-2010, 07:31 AM
I see someone mentioned buying in bulk from DietDirect - I couldn't have made a better choice because in the long run, I think I'm spending less money in food compared to what I would have spent just shopping at the grocery store normally. Also, when I made my order I talked to one of the reps over the phone.. second time I had spoken with someone from there.. so nice! I was pleasantly surprised.

LizR
06-14-2010, 08:02 AM
I hope to join you ladies in about a month! I need to get through my Medifast products I already have (going to start in two days, my dd's b-day is tomorrow is the excuse there). I had done Medifast for about 3 1/2 weeks, broke my leg, was is in the hospital (actually stayed OP there). When I came home I couldn't hang....I'm still in a wheelchair but know recovery would be easier/faster if I was lighter. I can see myself getting REALLY bored w/just Medifast so hopefully Wonderslim will help me stay on track!

Welcome! :welcome:

I'm so sorry to hear about your leg. Sounds awful. :(

We are all really happy with WS. I do think boredom is a bit of a problem but you can try to get around that by varying your add-ins and WS products!

LizR
06-14-2010, 08:10 AM
Thank you guys for all of the great advice! I used last week to switch from full liquid without adding anything to having one healthy meal. I expected to gain weight due to the switch, but still ended up losing .8 lbs, which I was happy with.

Something I noticed in using Fitday today (something I haven't always done).. it looks like when adding my fruit, I might be getting way too many carbs. On the 1200 calorie diet, it seems like I got 1279 calories, 23.7 fat, 120.7 protein and a whopping 155.8 grams of carbs! My fitday information is in my profile. Anyone care to help me figure out what I could do in this situation? Have smaller portions of fruit? Perhaps a half banana for each fruit serving and cutting out the extra breakfast carb of pretzels? I had no idea I was consuming so many carbs this week! I am definitely not in ketosis with this :(

Congrats on the loss!

I don't know at what carb level you go into ketosis. It probably varies from person to person. Here is a list of lower carb fruits.

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/whattoeat/a/whatfruit.htm

If you stick with berries, melons or other lower carb fruit it may reduce your overall carb intake. I love to make the pancakes and then use sugar free syrup microwaved with some frozen berries.

I'd replace the pretzels also. Here are some lower carb bread options.

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/whattoeat/a/substitutes.htm

I love the low carb tortillas. They are large, low in calories and taste good!

Good luck! :goodluck:

LizR
06-14-2010, 08:40 AM
I was TERRIBLE this weekend. Really, really terrible. Completely 100% off plan. I won't go through each and every little thing I ate but it was bad. I am up 3lbs this morning. Sadly, I am a lifetime yo-yo dieter and it feels like I am giving up and going the wrong direction now. I refuse to gain all the weight back this time so I am going to an emergency plan. My mom is visiting in 2 weeks and we are all going to the beach. For the next 2 weeks I am going to stick 100% to the 9 shakes a day plan. Just shakes, no bars or meals. My weight isn't as important now as turning this around! I will keep posting my progress so you chicks can keep me accountable!

losingitbaby
06-14-2010, 10:11 AM
Hello everyone :)

I did my beginning weigh-in last night and it was 268.

Thankfully this past month and a half I have only gained 7.3lbs eating everything in sight after doing low carb and dropping down from 286ish.

Right now I'm wearing size 18/20 top and not sure what size bottoms exactly because I had a bunch taken in so I didn't have to buy new ones :P I'll just assume size 24 cause I definitely have a booty lol.

My long-term goal right now is to focus on just looking and feeling amazing for my 25th birthday in less than 4 months. I was perusing in Target and saw a really cute size 14/16 size dress that would be perfect for a club outing. I just couldn't leave it in the store so I decided to snatch it off the rack :D It's the perfect kind of eye candy to look at everyday and remind me of my goals.

I still need to take my measurements tonight, but I'm going to look up the standard sizing chart and try to make size 14/16 measurements my goal!

I'm on shake number 2 of the day and I'm finding they are a bit too thick and not blending well for me. I have huge clumps of powder clogging up my water bottle lol. Any mixing tips? I know to make them thinner to add more water (duh :P) but any idea how to make them smoother?

MutableParadox
06-14-2010, 10:43 AM
I use a blender bottle which works pretty good for me. I add the water in first and then the powder and it sticks less.

Here is the blender bottle http://www.dietdirect.com/blender-bottle-regular-28-oz.html

Kristikins
06-14-2010, 11:27 AM
Monday - yekh...hate mondays!!!

Amanda - thanks for the encouragement on swimming, actually I don't know how to swim - well...I can do well enough to save my own life but it's not "fun" for me to swim. I feel like I beat against the water, it's not fluid and graceful - I look like a drowning otter...I like the idea of being in the water, playing, just not "swimming"...I will think on your words maybe by the end of summer I'll be ready to jump in there! Since you know in advance that your friend is coming, take this time to plan your menu's for when she's in! That way you can be sure that it's healthy and you won't be un-doing what you've done...CONGRAT's btw!! AWESOME loss!!! We told ya it was just water!!

Kelly - YAY for making a good decision to not go FF! I know it was hard to do, there'll be plenty of time to eat out once you get a better handle on your new plan and you'll be better equipped to make good choices from that menu!!

Nurse2be - Welcome to our group! Sorry to hear about your leg! Hang in there!!

Liz - girl you are quite a woman!! An all liq decision is a hard one to make, but you've done this plan and you know it inside and out! You can make it work for you...be strong. You're doing fabulous and you are an awesome encouragement to us all!!

Katie - pretty bold statement to buy a 14/16 dress - here's to you!!! I'm not that gutsy, but you are so right - what a motivator, to see that little dress hanging in your closet day after day...a great goal to work toward! We wanna see pics when you're in that for your birthday!!

I caved again yesterday - Sunday's are horrible for me!! But back OP today!! Hubby and I went out Friday night (to Huddle House!) love it!! SO not good for you food - but I did get egg substitue and raisin toast (along with cheese covered hash browns UGH) then we went to the movies..the new Karate Kid is GREAT! Jaden Smith is a fantastic actor at his young age, but look at who is mom and dad are!! He really has no choice but to be a great actor!! Highly recommend seeing that movie!!

Kristikins
06-14-2010, 11:29 AM
Katie - sorry, forgot to mention that I use my blender (I have the Hamilton Beach single serving one from Walmart at work and the Magic Bullet at home) these give the shakes a much smoother texture and I usually add in a couple ice cubes which really froths them up!! YUM! Also, not sure if you saw in previous posts, but check out the flavored Torani sugar free syrups too - you can toss in a bit of those for a real yummy treat!!

spaghetticat
06-14-2010, 11:31 AM
Fruit, bananas especially can be really high in carbs! I made a banana ice cream and ended up only having 60 or 70g of it (not much, but it was pure, frozen blended bananas, yum). It does vary from individual to individual but I have found that 95 and under is fine for me. 100+ is no beuno for me lol.

BTW everyone I am BACK on plan. because of my minor scale freak out last week I have not weighed and will not until Wednessday. i guess by then we will see what Saturday did to me lol.

Some advice for trying to stay lower in carbs- pick your goal. For me my goal is 90 or less carbs, under 1200ish calories (if i go over no biggie) limit the fat. I think it is supposed to be under 35g but I don't freak if it goes over due to eggs, however I am switching to egg whites blahblah sorry... And I try to make sure I am getting at least 90+g of protein. Generally I get over 110 but it differs by the day.

anyways choose your goals and then enter all your food for the next day to see if it fits. if it does, you are good. I set out my packets and stuff and actually leave everything logged in there then on a seperate notebook write what i eat and when. If i add or subtract anything I write it down as precisely as possible!

Hope this helps a little bit! I am rambling on like 0 sleep so, sorry about that :P

BetsyAnn
06-14-2010, 01:26 PM
I am back...I was here months ago so you all dont know me I am sure. I never really posted regularly, but I have got to get this weight off once and for all! I need to change my stats but I would like to lose 120lbs in 3-40lb increments....that makes it seem like less of a dawnting task!

dranaeli
06-14-2010, 02:32 PM
I had a pretty good weekend for the exception that i might have had to much air popped popcorn but hopefully that wont affect me to much my first week weigh in will be on wednesday I am doing good otherwise and I cant complain this diet is simple for me

spaghetticat
06-14-2010, 02:44 PM
Glad you had a good weekend!

Kristikins
06-14-2010, 05:48 PM
Welcome back BetsyAnn!! Seems like I remember you from a long ago post I was reading before I jumped in!! Please keep coming back - and try to make a small goal to post once a day; at least that way we can try to keep you going and you can keep us going!!

Cat - I've always been a pretty good planner...for years and years on WW I would pre-plan my daily food the night before, pack it all up and be ready to go..and even still I pre-plan our evening menu's a week in advance so I'll know whats needed from the grocery...speaking of...tonight is grocery shopping night - YUK!! Oh - and DH goes with me too - and he called to see if I could pick him up from work, poor fella, locked his keys in the truck...but YAY for me, cause that means instead of him driving behind me from the store to home, he'll be with me...I just love him!!! LOVE spending time with him!!

LizR
06-14-2010, 06:36 PM
I am back...I was here months ago so you all dont know me I am sure. I never really posted regularly, but I have got to get this weight off once and for all! I need to change my stats but I would like to lose 120lbs in 3-40lb increments....that makes it seem like less of a dawnting task!

Welcome back. :welcome:

Post a lot this time. We love to hear from you and we are all here for support if you need it.

spaghetticat
06-14-2010, 06:44 PM

Welcome back!! I agree, post a TON, I need to talk on here or I eat bad things:devil:

spaghetticat
06-14-2010, 06:45 PM
Welcome back BetsyAnn!! Seems like I remember you from a long ago post I was reading before I jumped in!! Please keep coming back - and try to make a small goal to post once a day; at least that way we can try to keep you going and you can keep us going!!

Cat - I've always been a pretty good planner...for years and years on WW I would pre-plan my daily food the night before, pack it all up and be ready to go..and even still I pre-plan our evening menu's a week in advance so I'll know whats needed from the grocery...speaking of...tonight is grocery shopping night - YUK!! Oh - and DH goes with me too - and he called to see if I could pick him up from work, poor fella, locked his keys in the truck...but YAY for me, cause that means instead of him driving behind me from the store to home, he'll be with me...I just love him!!! LOVE spending time with him!!

Those skills are coming in handy I bet! Sorry to hear about him locking his keys in his truck but YAY for together time!1

losingitbaby
06-14-2010, 09:25 PM
Thanks ladies. I definitely forgot my shake shaker today, so that's probably why everything didn't mix well. My evening pudding also didn't mix but I didn't mind drink it down (the toffee was yummy!). However, I found it really hard to finish the shakes today. I think I'm used to the runny consistency of my regular protein powder and the thickness (plus lumps lol) threw me off. I can definitely do this again tomorrow though! I might bring a chicken breast for lunch though. Adding in the "real food" helps me mentally :P

Has anyone ever pre-blended their shakes using the magic bullet (no ice, just water) to drink later?

*edit* top of the 13th page...does that mean good luck or bad luck haha :rollpin:

and i'm already having major headaches tonight after just one day. i've been carb-loading so much lately that my body is already feeling it haha.

Kristikins
06-14-2010, 09:50 PM
Katie...13 is a very good number!! ALWAYS!! I haven't premixed shakes before for a long period of time, but I have made one and got busy and didn't drink it for several minutes...it got thicker...would have been better remixed with more ice I think!

losingitbaby
06-14-2010, 10:19 PM
Thanks Kristi :)

I'll try it tomorrow. I'll def add more ice and shake it back up but I think the pre-mixing with a blender will help make the texture smoother.

spaghetticat
06-14-2010, 10:23 PM
I have never preblended, my guess is it would just be fairly thick?

LizR
06-14-2010, 10:28 PM
Thanks Kristi :)

I'll try it tomorrow. I'll def add more ice and shake it back up but I think the pre-mixing with a blender will help make the texture smoother.

Katie - Let us know how it works for you.

spaghetticat
06-14-2010, 10:46 PM
Okay ladies what do you take on the go? I was looking at the think thin bars and they are HIGH in carbs?

spaghetticat
06-14-2010, 11:49 PM
I have so far compiled a list!
higher in carbs and fat would limit these but not too bad
BariWise Protein Diet Bars (7 Servings/Box)
Flavor : Caramel Nut
high in fat low in carbs
ProtiDiet Sugar Free Chocolate Dream Protein Bar (7 Servings/Box)
average:
ProtiDiet Crunchy Cereal Protein Bars (7 Servings/Box)
Flavor : Caramel
average: WonderSlim Protein Diet Milk Chocolate Crunchies (7 Servings/Box)

ideal for travel:
WonderSlim Protein Diet Pretzel Bows (1 Serving/Bag)
ProtiDiet Honey Nut Flavored Cereals (7 Servings/Box)
Isopure Plus RTD Protein Drink (8 oz. Bottle)
Oh Yeah! Protein Wafers (1.3 oz/2 Wafer Sticks)
Flavor : Vanilla Creme

probably more that is just what I came up with tonight on days I have to substitue out shakes.

BetsyAnn
06-15-2010, 07:38 AM
Thanks for all the "welcome backs"! I made it thru day 1...if they were all that easy!:D
I have lots to do today so that should make day 2 smoother. Idle time seems to be one of my biggest downfalls!
No headache yet but I had drastically cut sugar in the week before I restarted, so (knock on wood) maybe I wont get a detox headache this time around!
I am scheduled for full knee replacement on my right knee on July 15. We, (dr and I), had planned on trying to hold off on surgery for another year at least and I really wanted to be at goal before having surgery but sometimes things dont happen the way we plan. At this point, I figure whatever I can lose before surgery is just that much less I will have to haul around while I heal!

Kristikins
06-15-2010, 09:35 AM
Cat - for on the go I usually pack shakes, waters and bars in my little Tupperware cooler lunch bag - now, when we head to DC in a few weeks I will really have to plan out the traveling, cause I'm looking at a 10+ car ride with lots of snackers! I like the list you've compiled, will have to be sure to order some of those chip/pretzel snacks - just so they don't melt along the way!!

BetsyAnn - So glad your 1st day went well - we all are super motivated on day 1 of anything...job, diet, vaca...so just keep pluggin along - you have a little time to get some good losses before your surgery; and you are right, the more you loose now, the less you have to drag around afterward! I'd say go ahead and get to walking as much as you can too, cause you know once you get that surgery done the doc will be making you so you'll already have your lungs conditioned for the task at hand!!

UGH...is it Friday yet???

spaghetticat
06-15-2010, 10:18 AM
Ah Thanks kat! I am really hesitant about the shakes with flying (super picky about how they are prepared lol) BUT i will be gone for like 2 weeks so I am sure sometimes I will be at someones house with a blender!

Thanks Kri. Sorry you are having one of those days :(

LizR
06-15-2010, 10:29 AM
BetsyAnn - Great job on day 1. I'm sure the weight you lose before surgery will help. Keep posting and letting us know how you are doing.

Cat - Let us know how your travel WS options work. I am going on a trip to the beach in a couple of weeks and flying to visit family in TX next months. I'll need portable WS options.

Kristikins - Sadly it is only Tue. I wish it were Friday too. ;)

Just finished my first all liquid day yesterday. I feel great. I feel completely back on track. I really think any carbs over the minimum are bad news for me. They make me feel terrible and I always eat more and more once I start.

LisaElevated
06-15-2010, 10:37 AM
ADDIEK:
I don't know if anyone has touched on this, since I have been behind on posts.. but HALF a banana IS ONE SERVING!
Fruit and serving sizes can be confusing. But technically, a half a banana is a full serving. And bananas happen to be one of the carb heaviest. My doc told me to stick to berries. More bang for calorie and card buck!

harvester
06-15-2010, 10:42 AM
I've been really busy so I haven't had time to catch up with everyone. I didn't have time to post my weigh in yesterday, so I'm posting it now.
After 2 weeks (didn't weigh last week due to holiday, being sick, traveling) I'm down to 165.2 lbs. That's a loss of 2.8 lbs in 2 weeks. I weighed this morning and I'm actually down another half a pound, but I'll wait until Monday for my official weigh in.
It's been hard with all the traveling and events we've had to attend that always involve food that's not on my plan, but I've been learning to work around that.
This week is getting close to TOM and I'm ravenously hungry. Hopefully I can stave off some of that hunger with an extra shake or something.

LisaElevated
06-15-2010, 10:45 AM
So yesterday I was all kinds of bad. I only had like 2 shakes and had chinese for dinner and the day before I went way over my carbs too. Ugh.

Why do I do that to myself! I do so good and feel really proud and then completely blow it. Last time I did this I waited until I had lost about 20lbs. This time I did it after only 12, but the difference is, I am not going to let it continue!
I have had a heard time ever since I got back from visiting my family. My dedication has been lacking. I need a swift kick to the bum! I am sure that is exactly what I will get when I weigh in on Thursday!

On a positive note though, I have been kicking arse on my workouts! I started the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred (day 1 is free on comcast ondemand right now). So at least I have been putting my carbs to good use! I tried the 30 day shred once when I first started losing weight. It's nuts the difference 12lbs makes! The first time I did it I literally thought I was going to die. Like heaving breaths, sweating bullets and turning beat red. I could barely stand the next day.
This time though, it was still super hard for me, and I sweated and heaved but it was... different. I didn't feel like I was going to die, I just felt like I got a super intense workout. Sure, I walked in place sometimes if it was just too much, and I am still sore from doing it Sunday, but I have decided that I will do it every 3 days until I don't need a break anymore or walk in place, then maybe I will actually buy the DVD!

Now if I can just get that kind of seriousness back with my food! Every day is a new day! So I think it's about time for my second shake!

spaghetticat
06-15-2010, 11:01 AM
You can do it Lisa, just start tomorrow, even if its just for one day.
Something I read it was like..

Just for today I can do something that would overwhelm me if I had to do it for a lifetime!

LisaElevated
06-15-2010, 11:21 AM
Thanks spaghetticat.
I am doing my best to start today! I planned out my menu for the day, and I am still at 120 carbs, but I'm ok with that for today. I don't know much about ketosis, but maybe I will look it up and try to skimp a few more carbs off! My main concern has been getting over 100g of protein and I am doing good so far with that! (even when I am bad!)

jyoyo78
06-15-2010, 11:48 AM
Oh Lisa....we are in the same boat right now. I'm having a hard time keeping my eyes on the prize. Maybe I need to do what someone else did and buy myself a cute little dress to hang up somewhere where I'll see it EVERYDAY!! (sorry, there's a ton of newbies and I haven't had a chance to get everyone straight).

I had a totally off weekend, was camping away from home and really close to lots of bad food!!! lol So, yesterday I did really well until I got home, then for dinner I made a plate of nachos...hello!!! Get with it girl!! Ugh! Why do we do it to ourselves when we know how it makes us feel...not only physically, but emotionally as well? I just will never understand it I guess. It's complete sabotage!

Okay...new day...new outlook....get this fat off of me!!!

I started the Couch to 5k program, so far so good, really looking forward to signing up for some 5k's in the not so distant future :o) And since I HAVE the Jillian 30-day shred, I'm thinking I need to get it out again and start doing that too...it's only a 20 minutes workout...it ain't gonna kill me! :o)

MutableParadox
06-15-2010, 11:59 AM
I'm still doing okay. Today is a very stressful day at work but I did get the new shipment in! I tried one of the Bariwise bars and it was delicious.

Someone wake me when it's friday. x_x

Have a good day!

Edit: I never thought I was an emotional eater. I was proven wrong today. Today is one of the more stressful days for me and I was craving fast food. I was driving on my way there when I realized that I would be causing a setback in something that is really important for me. I have not been out of the 260s in over a year. I am only a pound away. I turned around and drank a shake. I feel better now, but I never realized how much of what I ate was because I was stressed. =X Also, I didn't want to have come back here and tell you I messed up.

Porkchop69
06-15-2010, 03:04 PM
Hi this is my first post. I have been reading all of the post the past week, waiting for my WS shipment. It came this morning, so I just started today. Not sure how to make posts but I will figure it out. I also started a fitday account to help me keep track of my foods.

spaghetticat
06-15-2010, 03:28 PM
Welcome Porkchop :)

Kristikins
06-15-2010, 03:40 PM
Liz - YAY on your first all liquid success!! I think that'd be hard to do - I LOVE to chew...like a big ole cow in the field!! But you are very determined, so hang in there!!

Harvester - CONGRATS on your loss girl!!! It's sooo nice to see the numbers fall huh!! YAY!!

Lisa - Way to go on the workout..it's hard to stay motivated at times, but soooo worth it in the long run!

Cat - LOVE the quote!! So true..I can do anything for one day...and then tomorrow I'll do it for another one day!!

Jyoyo - I'd think camping would be the hardest vaca to stay true to a diet...it's sooo hot and gooey outside - sounds like Ice cream to me!!

Kelly - I'm with you on the Friday thing!! I too am an emotional eater, and a boredom eater, and well heck I just like to eat!! I'm doing better tho and learning some new habits and ways to get around those harder times! Keep hangin...it's almost quittin' time!!

Porkchop - WELCOME to our group! So glad you have joined us! You did a great job of posting - CONGRATS!! We are here for each other - thru good times and bad, thick and thin!! :-) no puns there!! Looking forward to seeing you here!

jyoyo78
06-15-2010, 04:13 PM
Welcome aboard Porkchop! You'll love it here and you'll have it figured out in no time.

Paradox....oh my word, HUGE kudos to you!! I've caught myself doing that a few times...been hungry, stressed, whatever and going to the drive thru...only, there are many times when I haven't been able to turn around. Weigh to go!!! I'm gonna remember you next time I feel like I need a 99 cent heart attack!! :D

LizR
06-15-2010, 05:04 PM
Kelly - AWESOME!! Not having fast food today will pay off big time in your weight and it will give you more will power next time you feel stressed.

Porkchop - Welcome. :welcome: WS is great. We all love it. Post often and let us know how you are doing!

gracey
06-15-2010, 07:31 PM
Hi everyone - I am new and thinking about doing WS. I can't find ingredients for any of the foods and I was wondering if they use a lot of artificial sweeteners. I have done MF but can stomach all that soy. Is there a lot of soy in WS? Thanks, in advance.
Grace

losingitbaby
06-15-2010, 07:34 PM
I never thought I was an emotional eater. I was proven wrong today. Today is one of the more stressful days for me and I was craving fast food. I was driving on my way there when I realized that I would be causing a setback in something that is really important for me. I have not been out of the 260s in over a year. I am only a pound away. I turned around and drank a shake. I feel better now, but I never realized how much of what I ate was because I was stressed. =X Also, I didn't want to have come back here and tell you I messed up.

Yay! :hug: This feels like me sooo much. I need to remind myself that yeah, instant gratification of something big and greasy would be amazing for the moment, but it only lasts that moment. All the effort I've put in until now is worth so much more. Being healthy and slimming down is way more important than any food I can think of.

(the hardest part of emotional eating is that we don't think we're worth our goals or that we're strong enough to make it because we're feeling weak in that moment. but that's the moment that counts the most- more than any work-out or perfect day of counting calories, carbs, etc. it's that moment that proves just how strong and amazing you really are!)

I can still remember all the times when I would leave my apt @ 11 o'clock at night, fully aware and conscious that I was going to buy a dozen pack of krispy kremes that I would then eat as quickly as possible because if I didn't finish them then I couldn't get back on plan. Ugh. The mental battle really is the hardest part in any of this. Thankfully I have this great group to help lighten the load!

Porkchop69
06-15-2010, 07:59 PM
OK, so I have made it through most of the day. I am doing the 1200 cal plan. I have one question. I have been taking note of some of the tips you guys use. I have noticed that there a couple of numbers being thrown around. Carb under 100 and protein over 85 what about fat? I used the Fitday to calculate my day including my upcoming dinner. this is what I have Cals= 1206 fat= 37 Carbs= 93 protien 130. Is there anything I need to change for tomorrow?

spaghetticat
06-15-2010, 10:09 PM
Your stats look good- are you getting in enough water? its a lot of protein so you NEED to be getting like 64 ounces of water MINIMUM!

Also is anyone doing J.M 30 day shred? I just ordered this, figured I could kick my butt a bit into shape before I go "back home" for a visit. (lol in 2 weeks haha)
Also, I would love your input- Do you guys think i should continue to stay on plan or switch to a low fat or low calorie diet when I go home?? Opinions, advice ??Experiences?

Porkchop69
06-16-2010, 12:04 AM
Spaghetticat, I am drinking 8 glasses of water. I did the shred last year it is a great work out and doesn't take long.

LizR
06-16-2010, 08:24 AM
OK, so I have made it through most of the day. I am doing the 1200 cal plan. I have one question. I have been taking note of some of the tips you guys use. I have noticed that there a couple of numbers being thrown around. Carb under 100 and protein over 85 what about fat? I used the Fitday to calculate my day including my upcoming dinner. this is what I have Cals= 1206 fat= 37 Carbs= 93 protien 130. Is there anything I need to change for tomorrow?

Some people think that low fat is better and some people think that high fat is better! :dizzy: If your total fat gets extremely low you can have GI problems. Otherwise I think either way is OK depending on your personal tastes.

You look like you are doing great. :dance:

spaghetticat
06-16-2010, 08:27 AM
Official weigh in.. down a pound even after my crazy day! 174! yeehaw!
yeah i just said yeehaw :P

jyoyo78
06-16-2010, 09:39 AM

Yeehaw!!! There I said it too ;)

I love the JM 30-day Shred....it kicks your butt! And it's only 20 minutes, so it's perfect :o) I haven't done it in a few months, but it seems like I remember there being a "difficult" version on the same DVD. Yeah, I never even made it to that point cause I was still having a good time with the easy version...lol You'll love it, Cat!

Kristikins
06-16-2010, 09:57 AM
Morning girls!

Grace - WELCOME to our group!! I think there is a nutrition info tab on the diet direct site and I believe it gives ingredients..I think WS is whey based - am I right ladies???

Katie - You are SO right, WE ARE WORTH IT!!! If we are willing to do the work to get to it!! (and as easy peasy as this is - there's no excuses!!) I am with you on the buying a dozen KK's and eating them all like within a day so I can get "back op" the next day...I am a total closet eater too - so if I'm home, alone, look out cabinets...that is turning around for me some now..some days is still hard, but over all I think I'm getting a good handle on it!

Cat - I've not seen or heard of JM 30 day shred, but I'm gonna hunt it down for sure. If yoyo says it's great I believe her!! Don't know how much time I'll have to do it but surely I can squeeze in 20 mins a couple times a week and since I have a laptop now I'll be able to do it in my scrappin room (where there won't be an audience!!). Let us know how you like it!!

Yesterday at work was pure stress, that's all, nothing less! I'm hoping today is smoother! I'm lookin good today, so maybe that'll help ;-) white capri's, brown sparkly shoes and a brown sparkly top...oh yeah, I'm feelin 21 pounds lighter! {yeeehaw cat!!}

spaghetticat
06-16-2010, 10:18 AM
:cheer2:

dranaeli
06-16-2010, 10:34 AM

congratulations :carrot:
today is my first week weigh in and happy to say that i am down about 3 pounds i do have to say that i was not counting the carbs until two days ago i am pretty sure i went way over 100 the other days but so far so good

i have a question i think i have read about getting fiber in my only thing is that most fiber also have carbs so which one are u guys drinking if any and does it have carbs?

spaghetticat
06-16-2010, 10:37 AM
I get fiber from my vegetables if I am taking them. If not flax seeds or sugar free benefiber. Yes they both have carbs but to me it is worth it. I am also working around adding in more egg whites for added protein with low fat and low cal, so I can have my numbers where I want them :) Congrats on the 3 pound loss! Im going to have to play catch up :P

MutableParadox
06-16-2010, 11:46 AM
I have 30 Day Shred. I tried it once and it kicked my butt but it was great! I need to get back on exercise plan. I have been slacking but focusing on eating right which is good for me. I was going to ask about fiber too and I think I'm gonna pick up the benefiber or something like that.

@spaghetticat & @Dranaeli Grats to both of you on your WL! That is great!

@Kristikins I feel you on the stress yesterday I was buggin! I took a personal day today hah. I hope your day is far less stressful! That outfit sounds cute! =D

I hope everyone enjoys their day! I am going to be cleaning today and that for me is a workout in itself! =X

makemeover28
06-16-2010, 11:59 AM
Hi Ladies:

I hope you don't mind me joining you on this journey. I started WS on 06/07/10. So far so good, if only I can stay motivated and stick to the program. I'm actually trying to follow the NLS plan. I just figured because it was more restricted I could lose more weight. I have good days and bad, mostly good. Even on the bad days I still eat healthy. I just don't stick to the shakes. That's why I am so happy I found this forum. You ladies are so supportive of one another and give great advice. Looking forward to all of our success. Can somebody explain how to get your body in ketosis on this plan? My plan is currently 5 shakes and 1 lean green meal. Some fruit when I'm really hungry. Any tips or advice welcome.

Thank you

WE CAN DO THIS

spaghetticat
06-16-2010, 12:05 PM
Welcome Makemeover! From what I understand you need to stay under 100g of carbs to get into ketosis, (that is what I was taught on Medifast) Be careful with fruit because it can have way higher carbs then you expected, but its def. beneficial for the body so try to incorporate it anyways!

Basically my best advice is no matter what stay under 100g of carbs lol, drink AT LEAST 70 ounces of water (more if you can) and I reccomend getting the train your brain to think like a thin person by Dr Beck, great book :)

Porkchop69
06-16-2010, 01:26 PM
WOW, what a headache! I made it through day one. Thanks for all the help. I had a slight headache yest. afternoon and because of all the water I was drinking I was up and down lastnight and the headache never ended. This morning I broke down and took something for it and it is gone. I also made my first shake with coffee (I skipped my coffee yest. so that may have been the cause of the headache.) YUM! I was wondering if anyone ever does 2 shakes at once to be able to fit them all in? Or is that the point, to have something going in every couple of hours or so? Oh and I weighed in yest. to get a base line 219 lbs oh that hurt but what was worse my friends scale (I am going over to her house to weigh because if I have a scale in my house I will be on it all the time) has a percentage of fat as well and I was 46% fat OUCH!

spaghetticat
06-16-2010, 02:17 PM
Porkchop do whatever works for you- the idea though is to keep your metabolism going and your blood sugars even all day. I think that protein lasts in the body for 4-6 hours so if you are doubling up try to have them every 4 hours or so if you need to :) Otherwise enjoy them seperatley, but basically do what will make this work for you long term!
You will probably notice when you get into Ketosis, you start to feel annoyed that you still have more food to eat. I know maybe it sounds crazy, I thought it sounded crazy, and then i was the one force feeding my food down (other than when monthly visitor comes, I am Starving then!)

Yay so glad you had a good day one! Dont feel worried to take tylonol or whatever you need to get through the first few days, your brain is switching its fuel source so it can be rather painful, especially if you generally eat a lot of carbs :)

jyoyo78
06-16-2010, 02:34 PM
Welcome Makemeover! You're def in the right place for some support here!

Porkchop, you're so funny...I don't even want to know what my body fat % is! Ugh!! I started at 215!! So, you're not that far off from me...but I agree...double ugh on that too. That's heavier than when I was 9 months pregnant!!

We can do this ladies...mind over matter!

LisaElevated
06-16-2010, 03:14 PM
Spaghetticat & Dranaeli::bravo:
Good for you guys!

Jyoyo: seriously, you are like my dieting "other"! I just started the c25k as well!
I am trying to alternate that with the 30day shred. I just can't do the 30day shred everyday, I think I would get injured. I thought I already was after the first time on Sunday! Even Tuesday I was still really sore and stiff. I am trying again tonight!
I am only on week 1 of c25k... for the second week in a row. I am just not comfortable moving on until I OWN it!

As for my food, I am doing much much better after sort of "resetting" my mind! I gave myself a nice, hard mental b*tch slap and told myself to stop wasting money on these shakes if I am not going to be serious about it. I had to tell myself to stop thinking short-term and for vanity sakes. I had to remind myself that diabetes runs in the family, that my fiance is gorgeous and I am sure there is some little girl dying to get her claws into him, that my gorgeous fiance wants to have babies, and I am high-risk at this weight and most importantly, that I am cheating myself out of so many things that I let my weight hinder me from doing.
So, mission accomplished and feeling re-dedicated!

And Wow! Holy newbies batman! So glad to have all of you new WS divas!
I better stop slacking on my posts!

spaghetticat
06-16-2010, 03:45 PM
LOL that is funny I almost started C25K but my friend hasnt updated anything for her annual 5k so ??

LisaElevated
06-16-2010, 03:51 PM
There aren't actually any 5k's locally, I am just doing it to teach myself how to run, since running is pretty my only idea for aiding myself when I reach maintenance!

Kristikins
06-16-2010, 04:04 PM
Dranaeli - CONGRATS on your 3 pound loss!! As for Fiber - my doc told me a long time ago that a healthy colon is far more important than smarts or riches - Metamucil EVERYDAY! So I began that and have done it ever since! I did try Benefiber, but it's a different kind of fiber so it didn't work as well for me. Metamucil is psyllium husk (whatever that is) but sure does help things slide on thru (kwim)!! I like the berry kind - it's the best!! I only have one glass a day and it really does the trick!

Kelly - you Lucky Duck, taking a PD today...I'm on vaca in 16 days (but who's counting) so I'm trying to save all my extra time for after that - Lord know's I'll be needing some days off in the fall/winter!! Good luck on your cleaning tyrade today...if I give you my address will you come do my house too??? :dizzy:

MakeMe - Welcome!! We do have a wonderful group don't we!!! GL to you as you begin your journey!! It sure is a funner journey with all these gals to help you along!

Cat - I think you're an enabler ;)...after you talked about the JM 30 day shred I went to Amazon and got it and now here you are talking about this book...now I'll have to go back in there and check it out too!! (really thanks tho - these are great tips!!)

Porkchop - Don't even think about the 46% body fat...it will be dropping right off of you!! When I began my plan in mid April I was at 49.1% (hhmm so half of me was FAT??)..now I'm at 47.3%...so see, it's not as bad as you think - and just think, you have possibly just stopped a future heart attack by beginning this new program!! SO YAY!!

Kristikins
06-16-2010, 04:20 PM
Lisa - you crack me up...about the little chippy wanting to get her claws in your fella...I have those thoughts from time to time too - even tho hubby tells me all the time that I'm nuts for thinking it (we've been married for 13 years!), but I think it does help to keep me focused on the task at hand!! I love the mental b** slap...we ALL need that sometimes!! Congrats on rededicating to the plan! It's all good!

LisaElevated
06-16-2010, 04:37 PM
I always have this one woman in mind when I need to tell myself that I cannot take his love and devotion for granted! Even though I KNOW he would never go for this woman, it still helps to keep me in line! lol, a little healthy jealousy is good for relationships I have read...
This woman was crazy about my fiance. I mean she tried HARD! making him cd's, random reasons to go to his apartment that he shared with a few other guys, just anything to get close to him. This was right before he and I started dating and a bit during.
This girl is a tramp! I am not saying it out of spite, I mean she is a straight up hussy! She was dating one of my fiance's friends for about 4 years and cheated on him with THREE of his friends. Some friends! This girl is the community door knob, every has had a turn (lol, always loved that one!)... or another fave: more miles on her than Route 80!.
Anyway... She's thin, nice body and knows it. Flaunts it to the point of indecent. Like a black, off the shoulder mini dress to a friends fathers funeral. These are the reasons I know Dustin would never go for it, but here is the kicker... this woman thinks she is so much better than me purely due to weight! :mad:

She actually pulled my fiance aside once, about a month into his dating me and said: "you know she doesn't hold a candle to me", while gyrating her hips into his side and generally making a fool of herself whilst trying to seduce my man!
So this is what I think of sometimes when I need motivation... I already know that size doesn't matter to my man and what I possess inside is why he chose me, but that doesn't mean I am without fault.. spitefullness being one of them! I want to saunter past that woman (who has now started dating a new friend in our group.. funny how she keeps finding her way in) and know that she doesn't hold a candle to ME! Because deep down, I am a good person, and now I will just have the package to go with it.

Sorry about the crazy chick-rant, but we have had that superficial reason at one time or another!

jyoyo78
06-16-2010, 06:38 PM
OMG Lisa...we are twins in MORE ways than one!

You have me bustin' up over here! We talk the same, too. Ha! PS...love the doorknob reference...has always been one of my favs...along with town hussy..not me of course ;)

Also...I'm on week 2 of the first week of the C25k, lol...mostly because I get REALLY bad shin splints and I want to really ease myself into the whole running thing. We have OODLES of 5ks around here. I pretty much figured if those folks on Biggest Loser can run a marathon, I have ABSOLUTELY NO excuse not to be running a 5k. I always tell people, my body wasn't built to be a runner...duh, whose was!?! For real?! Wonder what other excuses I can come up with....

K...now I"m movtivated to go running after work today :D

spaghetticat
06-16-2010, 07:25 PM
Ewwwwwww, I guess women don't realize SKANK is not pretty in any shape or size lol..... Not everyone wants gonnahyposyphoaids lol.

I am only a good enabler. Shopping is good for the soul :P I am *def. not* looking at a gowear fit online >.>

<.< lol

MutableParadox
06-16-2010, 09:11 PM
I was thinking about starting the C25K there are also a lot around where I am at. I was researching it today. I'm a little nervous about it but I think I will try it. I am used to the elliptical and can do 2 miles continuous on that, but it is far different than solid ground.

nurse2be
06-16-2010, 09:47 PM
Hi ladies, just checking in today....on my second day and again cheated. I did weigh in @ 175 this morning so 2 lbs down in a day...I'm thinking I should stick to a date and only weigh weekly though because I'm sure tomorrow morning will show me something I don't want to see. It's so hard w/the kids out of school...made them some popcorn and literally only had 1/2 a handful and one piece of beef jerky..my Mother sent me garbanzo beans in soup form and I had a bowl of that so I'm hoping to hold out on anything else for the night.

losingitbaby
06-16-2010, 10:08 PM
Woo. Made it through another day :P I can totally see why I can never stick to a diet- there's food everywhere! If I can't resist the temptation of all the fast food places while I drive, then I have to smell all the food heated up in my office, and then my office mate and other friends asking me if I want to go out to eat, or then when I go fill up my water bottle in the break room there's brownies on the counter or other snackable/sneakable foods. Gah. But I totally kept in mind the whole instant gratification versus getting to shop in average sized stores or getting under 200 for the first time since...wait, was I ever under 200 lol? I just gotta keep my eye on the prize! Even though my friends are being supportive, they are so cute and always accidentally waving their deep fried french fries or fresh baked something under my nose and then freaking out cause they forgot haha. I just keep looking back and seeing all those times I did give in and just take one bite and then it was all downhill from there. I don't want to make all of this effort worth nothing as I've done so, so many times in the past. I remember this time last year I had fully committed myself to WW with friends from work and at the end of the 16 weeks I was only -2lbs are losing and gaining it back. Gah. But WW just doesn't work for me. Too much flexibility makes me feel like I'm not in control and all the effort may not pay off cause I did one thing wrong, or I didn't count my points accurately, etc. So this time, I'm throwing it all to the wind and letting wonderslim lead the way :P

mrsqt
06-16-2010, 10:59 PM
I just wanted to say thank you :) before I started my WS program. I have been reading for the past few days and you guys are very supportive. Its so funny that you can find support from someone you don't know than someone you have known all your life. I am new to the program and I just got my order today and would like to start on Monday, I just need some advice. I did not buy the kit because I was not sure if this program would work for me so I bought a few packs of shakes. I plan on doing 5 shakes a day and dinner along with tons of water and fruits. Is this a good idea or am I doing it wrong or what? I did not receive any information with my packs like you would with the starter kit so I don't know about how much carbs I should get or fat etc. I know I am talking a lot but I want this to work. I am 25 years old and can't remember the last time I was below 200lbs. I give everyone credit on here because I haven't even started yet and you guys put a smile on my face. I finally have hope so like I said in the beginning thank you :) before I even start.

spaghetticat
06-16-2010, 11:30 PM
Hi ladies, just checking in today....on my second day and again cheated. I did weigh in @ 175 this morning so 2 lbs down in a day...I'm thinking I should stick to a date and only weigh weekly though because I'm sure tomorrow morning will show me something I don't want to see. It's so hard w/the kids out of school...made them some popcorn and literally only had 1/2 a handful and one piece of beef jerky..my Mother sent me garbanzo beans in soup form and I had a bowl of that so I'm hoping to hold out on anything else for the night.

I agree with weighing only once a week if it helps you. By the way- we all have different ideas of what unplanned eating (or "cheating") is. Honestly? If you want popcorn? search for the lowest carb choice, plan to have it (Hey I have low carb ice cream bars once a week lol) and make it within your carbs (for me under 100) and calorie range. The best thing with any kind of diet is making it work for you. You have to be careful, eating carby things can send you into binge mode super fast and we all have different triggers, but I think it is SUPER important to "budget" in some of your favorite foods unless they are huge triggers- in which case find an alternative that fills that want and fits in your plan and doesn't trigger.
Beef Jerky is actually high in protein and would be great except for the sodium and nitrates.

Play around with the timing of your food- the first few days are the hardest, but you are SO worth it! Hang in there :hug::carrot:

spaghetticat
06-16-2010, 11:33 PM
Woo. Made it through another day :P I can totally see why I can never stick to a diet- there's food everywhere! If I can't resist the temptation of all the fast food places while I drive, then I have to smell all the food heated up in my office, and then my office mate and other friends asking me if I want to go out to eat, or then when I go fill up my water bottle in the break room there's brownies on the counter or other snackable/sneakable foods. Gah. But I totally kept in mind the whole instant gratification versus getting to shop in average sized stores or getting under 200 for the first time since...wait, was I ever under 200 lol? I just gotta keep my eye on the prize! Even though my friends are being supportive, they are so cute and always accidentally waving their deep fried french fries or fresh baked something under my nose and then freaking out cause they forgot haha. I just keep looking back and seeing all those times I did give in and just take one bite and then it was all downhill from there. I don't want to make all of this effort worth nothing as I've done so, so many times in the past. I remember this time last year I had fully committed myself to WW with friends from work and at the end of the 16 weeks I was only -2lbs are losing and gaining it back. Gah. But WW just doesn't work for me. Too much flexibility makes me feel like I'm not in control and all the effort may not pay off cause I did one thing wrong, or I didn't count my points accurately, etc. So this time, I'm throwing it all to the wind and letting wonderslim lead the way :P

Wonderful attitude! If following WS plan to a T works for you, DO IT UP girl! you so deserve to see onderland! hang in there- it can be surprising how often you are around food and you didn't realize it! Great job identifying things. Maybe you can avoid the water cool area with snacks by getting one of those 32 ounce water bottles and only have to go there once to refill?? Hang in there!

spaghetticat
06-16-2010, 11:37 PM
I just wanted to say thank you :) before I started my WS program. I have been reading for the past few days and you guys are very supportive. Its so funny that you can find support from someone you don't know than someone you have known all your life. I am new to the program and I just got my order today and would like to start on Monday, I just need some advice. I did not buy the kit because I was not sure if this program would work for me so I bought a few packs of shakes. I plan on doing 5 shakes a day and dinner along with tons of water and fruits. Is this a good idea or am I doing it wrong or what? I did not receive any information with my packs like you would with the starter kit so I don't know about how much carbs I should get or fat etc. I know I am talking a lot but I want this to work. I am 25 years old and can't remember the last time I was below 200lbs. I give everyone credit on here because I haven't even started yet and you guys put a smile on my face. I finally have hope so like I said in the beginning thank you :) before I even start.

Heya! This plan is a low carb diet- and fruit tends to be super high in carbs, so you might do better not eating a ton of fruit, and limiting it. You can actually request the diet info via email, or have them send you the booklet with your next order- I just wrote in my 2nd order comments, could you please include wonderslim diet materials, and they sent the binder(too much effort for me to change the entire pack to things I wanted lol)

It is up in the air about how many carbs you should have. I switched to WS from Medifast and follow their guidelines of under 100g carbs (i set my daily max goal to 92), 100g protein, 64+ ounces of water, 15g fiber, fat I don't really monitor like I should but if you are on the 1,000 plan probably keeping it under 40g a day is ideal. You do not want to go low carb and low fat- this can cause gall bladder issues- make sure you are getting at least 20g of fat.

The regular plan is 5 shakes+1 bar+1 lean and green and option fruit/starch. The amount varies depending on how many calories you want to do. I am currently reading up as much as I can (and not getting too far yet) about having higher amounts of fat on a low carb diet, but it seems like it is okay as long as its not all "bad fats".

Anyways welcome and I look forward to talking to you!

jyoyo78
06-16-2010, 11:48 PM

Welcome!! So glad you found us! Can't wait to help and support each other. Don't worry about not getting a starter kit. If you email them at dietdirect, they'll e-mail you all the stuff they send in the starter kit. And they're really quick about responding. Can't wait to hear about your progress!

Porkchop69
06-17-2010, 12:52 AM
OK day two and I made it except I have to do two shakes now. I am having a hard time fitting in five shakes in the day. I ate the same lean and green to keep it simple stupid. I have not had a headache since this morning so that is much better. I think I will do 2 shakes first thing in the morning and see it that makes it easier fitting in all the shakes.

Porkchop69
06-17-2010, 01:07 AM
One other thing. I thought I would tell you guys that the main reason I am wanting to lose the extra weight is that we are thinking about having another baby. I was in the hospital with my 10 year old for 2 month before having him due to preeclamsia. So, I want to give myself a better chance by starting out pregnant without all the extra. I think because I want this I will have a better chance at sticking to the diet. It seems like so much food (I am really bad about not eating until dinner) I hope it really works. I have excercised and not been able to move the scale. I am keeping my fingers crossed until I weigh in next week.

MutableParadox
06-17-2010, 09:28 AM
Ok. Does anyone think the fruit drinks taste funny? I tried the Lemon one and Cran-Grape which had great reviews, but there is something *off* about them. Is it just me? lol

Kristikins
06-17-2010, 09:50 AM
:carrot: WOOHOO Friday is around the corner!! YAY!! Good morning all!

Lisa - What a real skankapotamus!! YUK...Like Cat said - thin isn't sexy if you're a ho!! I have NO doubt that not only inside, but outside you're WAY better than her! Classy has it's own hottness factor you know!! I never heard of the doorknob thing, but that's hilarious!! There is a chik I know who I feel makes advances toward my hubby; but he thinks I'm nuts..ummm she told me about a dream she had where I was cheating on him and he was upset and she was so surprised that I would do that to him...mmmhhhmmmm probably the story went "he was so upset and I was there to comfort him"...really..why would you tell someone, a "friend", that you dreamed about her hubby...she's yuky and hubby has assured me that to him she looks like a man, not even pretty and that he loves me and girls, I can for sure tell that size doesn't matter to him either...good grief :o Keep up what you're doing Lisa - you'll be prancin by her in your wedding gown with HIM on your arm!! She can eat her heart out!!

Cat - really...gowear fit too...ugh...you're killing me :dizzy: jk

Kelly - whats C25k??

Nurse - today is a new day girl...give yourself a quick kick in the rear and have a good day!! We all have our moments - what's important is that we know how to get back OP and that we DO get back OP!!

Katie - WEIGH TO GO!! WW wasn't for me either. I found I was eating crap with all my points and still not loosing (imagine that!) I think I lost the same 10-15 pounds a hundred times!! I'm w/ Cat - get a bigger water bottle so you don't have to refill it very often! (plus thats a good excuse to check out those Kleen Kanteen's!!)

mrsqt - Welcome!

Porkchop - good luck to you in your endeavor to loose for an easier pregnancy!! I notice your son is 10...yep...he's not hit the teen years yet...so if you're gonna have another, you better get to it, cause when that teen attitude creeps up you may change your mind on having another :D my son is 17 (and a HS senior now - UGH)...it was rough for a couple years and even still sometimes I wonder what planet he's from...he IS a good kid, really I couldn't ask for a better one - he doesn't lie, steal or sneak off; but sometimes that attitude really gets me! He wants to be treated like an adult but acts like a 5 year old...oh the irony!! Seriously, hang in there, you have a major reason to drop some pounds and sometimes it gets hard to stick to the plan, but just keep in my why you are doing it. That should help!!

Have a good day girls...I'll check in if I get a chance!

MutableParadox
06-17-2010, 09:57 AM
Kelly - whats C25k??

Couch to 5K - http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

It is supposed to gear up beginner runners. I want to run/walk/do a 5K in October. ^_^

Porkchop69
06-17-2010, 11:05 AM
@Kristikins- I have a 19 year old boy too! So, I know what you mean by the irony of teen boys. Haha... here is to day three. Can someone tell me why I had to have TOM the day I started the program?

spaghetticat
06-17-2010, 11:10 AM
Alright I have tons of bars but like... 55 shakes,so time to order again. For some reason I was thinking 55 shakes= 5 days but its actually 11 and I just noticed now lol. Don't shop when you are tired :P

Kristikins
06-17-2010, 12:08 PM
Porkchop - WOW a 19 year old too!!! You are a brave brave woman for sure!! TOM just pops up whenever its most INCONVENIENT for you!! For examplet - I'll be on when I'm in DC on vaca in a few weeks...UGH...

Kelly - thanks for the link! As you saw yesterday I just ordered JM 30 day shred, so while I'm waiting on that to be delivered I'll chekc out that C25K thing...I don't know if I can run or not...never tried (for fear of causing the earth to shake!!)...the bones in my feet aren't set right (from birth - and just found out a couple months ago) so I have a lot of foot pain when I do high impact..I'm hoping as the pounds come off that will get better!!

Kristikins
06-17-2010, 12:10 PM
Oh..forgot to tell yall - I got the go ahead from my sweet hubby to order the 12 week kit!! I have a few weeks left with the doc plan and then will be switching to WS!!YAY!! So I will be official! I am thinking of ordering before my trip so I can take some of the meals along for just in case...and will for sure order some of those chips/snacks to have on the trip too!! That way I'll stay away from the snacks at the gas stations!

LisaElevated
06-17-2010, 12:10 PM
Congrats Nurse2be!

Welcome Mrsqt!! I didn't get the info packet either, but SpaghettiCat is our in house info expert! You've gotten lots of great advice so far, so all I can say is just listen to your body, feel good about what you are doing for yourself and if you have an "off" day, just keep on going with the plan, no need to make a fuss, just pick yourself right back up! I tend to do more harm than good to myself when I make a big deal about slipping up, because then I self-pity and slide for a whole week! lol! Like last week....

Which is why when I weighed in today...
189.4. Exactly the same.
Better than a gain, but still pretty crappy since I basically paid $50 worth of shakes just to maintain!
However, I just went about my good routine today and will see results next week!

kristikins: If you have an iphone or a ipod touch there is an awesome c25k application that let's you listed to your own music and tells you exactly when to run or walk, it's great. Otherwise there are also podcasts for regular ipods that do this too, but with pre-recorded music. It made a huge difference to not have to use a stopwatch for when I needed to walk or run.
ps: skankapotamus... hilarious!!! Sounds like you have your own little trampzilla to deal with!

Porkchop: good for you!! The baby makins a big motivator for me as well, though this will be our first. Good luck!

And on a fitness note.. Level 1, Day 2 of 30day Shred... DONE! And I don't feel as stiff as the first day. I can't believe I pysched myself out so bad about the first day that I gave up the program (last year). If I would've have just tried it again, I I would have known it wasn't that bad!

So, how are all you ladies doing today?!

spaghetticat
06-17-2010, 12:25 PM
Porkchop - WOW a 19 year old too!!! You are a brave brave woman for sure!! TOM just pops up whenever its most INCONVENIENT for you!! For examplet - I'll be on when I'm in DC on vaca in a few weeks...UGH...

Kelly - thanks for the link! As you saw yesterday I just ordered JM 30 day shred, so while I'm waiting on that to be delivered I'll chekc out that C25K thing...I don't know if I can run or not...never tried (for fear of causing the earth to shake!!)...the bones in my feet aren't set right (from birth - and just found out a couple months ago) so I have a lot of foot pain when I do high impact..I'm hoping as the pounds come off that will get better!!

Hey... We are so shredding together! Do you plan to do the shred everyday or like 3x a week ?? I did the C25K last summer but had to stop cos it hurt my knees after a few weeks. I think maybe it will be easier now, I guess I will find out when I am in Canada... XD

spaghetticat
06-17-2010, 12:30 PM
Oh..forgot to tell yall - I got the go ahead from my sweet hubby to order the 12 week kit!! I have a few weeks left with the doc plan and then will be switching to WS!!YAY!! So I will be official! I am thinking of ordering before my trip so I can take some of the meals along for just in case...and will for sure order some of those chips/snacks to have on the trip too!! That way I'll stay away from the snacks at the gas stations!

Awww Yay! My husband was like go ahead and order the go wear fit, and your WS and I am like woah I just bought the plane tickets. Of course I had to buy my food and what not but but I think I will wait til i am back from Vacation lol.

I totally think its a great plan to have some of their to go meals. I might have to suck up my princess act because I need the higher protein in the shakes with lower cals and carbs but I ordered some other things like the cereal that looks like honey nut cheerios, and pretzels I think.

If you go inside gas station remember: Water (if you didnt pack a reusable bottle and bring a jug you can fill it from), diet soda, sugar free gum. pretty much avoid everything else.
I was reading on either here or someones blog how gas stations are insanely tempting. I basically never go in so I don't have a problem though :P Yay so excited !!:carrot:

Porkchop69
06-17-2010, 12:31 PM
@Lisa (my name is Lisa too!) I did the 30 day shred for 60 days last year. I remember I thought I was going to die the first few days of each level... just stick with it don't skip any days (it is not worth it) and it just keeps getting easier... hmmm maybe I will get mine out again.
Where are the pod casts for Ipods for the C25K? I would love that!