Paganchicks - OT: What are you reading?

View Full Version : OT: What are you reading?

souvenirdarling
06-04-2010, 12:25 AM
Pagan or not pagan related?

I have been REALLY enjoying the "Mistborn" series by Brandon Sanderson! It's actually keeeping me away from some other things I wanted to read!

I just finished "Understanding the Thoth Tarot" by Lon Milo Duquette and really enjoyed the tone and explanations.

I've been trying to get around to finishing my Arcana Mundi (http://books.google.ca/books?id=g7EKsAdHdL4C&printsec=frontcover&dq=arcana+mundi&cd=1#v=onepage&q&f=false)as well as Comparative Mythology by Jaan Puhvel, which I've had on the backburner for a while.

Anyone else have some good recommendations for something thought provoking? (Or at least entertaining?)

lizziep
06-13-2010, 05:53 AM
i am actually also reading the Mistborn series, i'm on book two right now. after that i'm moving on to Tad Williams third book in his Shadowmarch series- sooo good i can't wait to wrap it up.

duckchick
07-30-2010, 04:33 AM
Don't laugh, but I'm finishing up the Percy Jackson series. Meh, I like young fantasy for some reason, lol!

I'm also reading The Witch's God: Lord of the Dance, by Janet and Stewart Ferrar. Very interesting insights into how the God is seen, and has been seen and understood, throughout history. I thought it might help me understand and identify more.

Er, anyone else like Harry Potter? Or maybe Drizzt Do'Urden?

Elijahs phoenix
08-03-2010, 07:29 PM
sadly nothing right now. I've been pretty busy but, I may need to check out the mistborn series

xirene
08-05-2010, 12:10 AM
Duckchick, I love Harry Potter! :)

I just finished the most recent Wheel of Time book (what is it, #12? 13? LOL) by Brandon Sanderson and Robert Jordan (RIP). I was pleasantly stunned by how good it was, cause the last 2-3 books in the series were dull and drag-gy.

criseyde
08-05-2010, 04:45 PM
I love Drizzt!

Im starting Dragonriders of Pern series now that i have some time off from school.

duckchick
08-06-2010, 02:20 AM
OOO!! Anne McAffery Rocks!!

Xirene, I've heard Wheel of Time is awesome. I think I've read book one, and that's it. And that was a loooooong time ago, lol! Last book I read was Salvatore's The Ghost King, which made me very sad at the end, but finished up a great series of books. Orc King is my favorite, still, lol!

You know, I'd do anything to have an excuse to visit Hogwarts again! A fresh visit! Hopefully soon I can visit the theme park!:D

2phatinvictoria
08-06-2010, 02:27 AM
im currently reading

the outlander series by Diana galbadon
Nightwalker by heather Graham

I have tons of books that i have waiting to be read!

Elijahs phoenix
08-08-2010, 07:39 PM
I just picked up Mists of Avalon randomly at the library. I was surprised to find It has has pagan theme.

Apeyness
08-08-2010, 08:09 PM
Just started Under the Dome, by Stephen King!

Ursula745
08-08-2010, 08:17 PM
Dresden Files by Jim Butcher.

mauvaisroux
08-11-2010, 10:45 AM
Currently reading Zombie Nation by David Wellington.

duckchick
08-12-2010, 03:59 AM
Aahh, The Mists of Avalon! A truly deep and feminine book!

Just picked up Shadow over Baker Street, a Sherlock Holmes meets Cthulu type book by various authors. I know it sounds cheesy, but it was authorized by the Conan Doyle estate, and the first story is good so far. Prolly cause it was written by Neil Gaimen.

criseyde
08-17-2010, 09:21 AM
Shadow over Baker Street -- I read this a while ago and really enjoyed it! But I forgot what the name was so I haven't been able to get a copy. Thanks! haha.

You guys have the best taste in books. :)

I'm moving onto the Odd Thomas series by Dean Koontz. Or a series my friend lent me by Jane Lindskold.

Ruslana
01-02-2011, 06:31 PM
I just recently picked up "The Goddess is in the Details" by Deborah Blake, so far I like it, and it makes me think. :)

audri8301
01-02-2011, 09:50 PM
Not a paganchick, but noticed the people reading Brandon Sanderson and got excited, hope it's okay that I posted in here. He is such a great writer, I loved Elantris and am working my way through the Mistborn books. My boyfriend and I went to see him when he was in the DC area for the release of The Way of Kings and he was great at the signing, really friendly and it was nice to get a chance to chat with him a little about his books.

justjen78
01-03-2011, 05:30 PM
Not reading anything at the moment:( Now that we're all unpacked from the move maybe I can pick up one of the several books I have yet to read LOL

mauvaisroux
01-03-2011, 06:22 PM
Audri - welcome! Love to hear from other book lovers. :)

Just finished a book called Mortal Engines by Phillip Reeve. It's a bit like Harry Potter for Steampunks - LOL! It was quite good.

CosmicGal
01-11-2011, 06:16 PM
I am reading a few things actually. I am reading Under the Dome by Stephen king. A few cozy mysteries with a paranormal twist, and a graphic novel called The corpse Deliver service.

Ruslana
02-14-2011, 10:40 AM
I needed something light and airy, so I picked up a copy of "The Enchanted Cat" by Ellen Dugan. I like it very much, its positive, good (feeling) magick.

Tea Granny
02-14-2011, 11:05 AM
I have a couple of books on the go right now :) The 13th book of the Wheel of Time, The Power of Water by Dr. M Emoto, Alex and Me by Dr. Irene Pepperberg ( I have a 19 year old African Grey), Alchemical Healing by Nicki Scully, and bits and pieces of the Book of Stones.

Recharge
02-14-2011, 07:42 PM
New here, hello everyone. :) Here's a thread I can definitely get into; I am never without a book.

Currently I have going: Good Omens, by Neil Gaiman (again); Lodge Magan's Glimpses of the LHP; Idea of the Holy, Otto; The Essential Rumi, Barks (not the best anthology, but it's hard to eff up Rumi); and a book on learning Norwegian. And textbooks, but those don't count. Hmm, I guess only one of those is strictly "pagan," but everything contributes, right?

Vilandra485
02-23-2011, 08:17 PM
I'm never without a book either. I'm addicted to Goodreads, lol. :) I'm currently reading The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan, but my all time favorite is the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich! I'll be starting book #11 soon. :)

Becky RN
03-09-2011, 12:59 AM
I just finished 'A Discovery of Witches' by Deborah Harkness. Absolutely loved it! I read it in two days because I couldn't put it down.

MichelleD
03-11-2011, 08:38 PM
Just finished The Heroes by Joe Abercrombie. One of the best fiction series I have ever read. When I picked up The Blade Itself I was in instant love. You can tell by the first page whether you'll love it or hate it.

Currently I have The Golden Bough; Masks, Transformations, and Paradox; Puck of Pook's Hill; and The Tain sitting in my to read pile. Well, reread in the case of Puck, but it's been a few years. :D