Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 07:40 AM   #31  
The girl who can

S/C/G: 240/207.8/165

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Sha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachykeen62 View Post
I just finished W1D1 today. I didn't realize how thoroughly it would kick my butt! I even stopped once...I feel so ashamed I couldn't go all the way through. Oh well, here's to going through on Wednesday!
You rock peachykeen!

My first two days my intervals got shorter and shorter and I only did 15 minutes instead of 20. I'm repeating Week 1 this week, because I didn't feel like I'd accomplished what I needed to last week. I did Day 1 for the second time this morning and it was EASY. I kid you not!

How is that possible? I mean, two weeks ago I got tired walking to from my front door to my car, and now I'm saying that running is easy?

Have a beautiful healthy day, all!

Last edited by Rochester; 06-08-2010 at 07:41 AM.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:41 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/164

Height: 5'8"

Well I got through w1d1 just fine, it was actually pretty easy. (reminder though I did this a few weeks back and repeated week 1 once) So after my warm up/run walk intervals and cool down I increased the incline and walked for another 20 min. I have to build up my endurance though to run more.

Last time when I stopped it was because I actually hurt my knee doing yard work. I stopped running and started walking on an incline at a much slower pace to give my knee some time to heal. Plus I used to smoke for many, many years and I feel like I can't get past the walk2/run2. I think it is more of a mental block then a physical one. My knee didn't hurt today while running so I am happy about that.

grneyedmustang- I'll check out that Eminem song too that Emus suggested. I have a awesome playlist I use for my workouts.. Linken Park, Korn, Disturbed just to name a few really get my butt in gear.

The sports bra topic- The only thing I have found that works for me is I usually wear a cheap one I brought from bob's with my regular bra underneath. I am a 38DDD, for now. Hoping they go down as I lose more weight. Even before I gained weight I was always large up top.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 06-08-2010, 09:48 AM   #33  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hi

I started the C25K in April, but then I broke a toe and that really hampered my progress. Still in May I was at an event and running around and up and down hills (being chased, of course) and I realized I loved the endurance I gained from just a few weeks of the C25K.

So now that my injuries are under control again, I am back to it. I just started Week 2, and I would love to join this support group.

For most of my life I have held the belief that one should only run when being chased, but lately I have discovered that following that philosophy, just means that when you are being chased all you get is tired. So a'training I will go....

Last edited by knobhdy; 06-08-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:13 AM   #34  
ugggg.....

My name is Julie and today is Day 1, I am so out of shape but I did the first day. I live in the woods and I have some walking trails that I haven't put to good use till now. It is mostly up and down but there are a few flats, I was able to time the "running" more like jogging to the flater spots. I ran, walked, biked, skated danced years ago and I have leftover baby weight from my almost 23 year old daughter.

PS: My dogs were hilarious when I took off jogging...they were like waht the heck are you trying to do....
Old 06-08-2010, 02:07 PM   #35  
Diana Kay

S/C/G: 275/SeeTicker/200

Height: 5'11"

A big happy welcome to the both of you! Always happy to have more runners in our little family!

Sha - Glad to hear you had an easy time back into it!

PeachyKeen - Don't be hard on yourself! Just get out there and go for day 2, then day 3... And you can repeat the week, if you feel so inclined(like Rochester is doing!). This is about getting you comfortable with running, so you just do what you need to do and don't worry about anything else!

I'm supposed to be going out for W2D1 today... I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little afraid. I don't know how well I can do on those 90 second runs that are supposed to happen... But I gess I get 2 minute walks for a reason! Just kind of a scary thought to me right now... Who knows, I may end up deciding to redo week 1 after doing this! Or not. We'll see. Keep up the good work everyone! I'm really enjoying checking back on all of us and seeing the progress happen.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:16 PM   #36  
Next mini-goal 184

S/C/G: 204/189/155

Height: 5' 7"

Hi I want to join your group too. I can easily run 5 to 6 miles, have been a runner for a long time. I just wasn't happy with my speed & still felt clumsy sometimes when I ran. First part of this year I started the c25k and went all the way through the 4th week & started getting knee pains. I quit for a while to let it heal, went to a running shop & got analyzed & got proper shoes for me. I know I could have just continued from where I was but I decided to start over with the program again & I use the program to actually increase my speed with the intervals. I am on W4, I do the program 3 times a week & up my speed a little each day, I also work out in the gym 3 days a week & on the other day of the week I just go for a run, on my run day I don't worry about speed & run anywhere from 3 to 6 miles.

Good luck everyone!

Dee

Last edited by Im On A Boat; 06-08-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:59 PM   #37  
Diana Kay

Welcome Dee! It'll be great to have a seasoned runner, if you will, join our midsts!

I just got back from W2D1 and I have to say... That was BRUTAL! For real! I realize everything only increased by 30 seconds, but I have to say that 2 minutes of walking between 90 second running intervals goes by waaaay too fast for my liking. By the end of it I was actually talking/yelling at myself. "This is going to be the last run, don't you DARE give up now!" "Only 20 more seconds, come on!!!" etc!

One question! Anyone know a good stretch for like... The outside of your calf down around the ankle? That's what was bugging me today. I didn't even notice until I was done and had a second to think that I had absolutely NO pain or discomfort in my hips! Hooray!
Old 06-08-2010, 05:15 PM   #38  
The girl who can

S/C/G: 240/207.8/165

Height: 5'6"

Hello new peeps!

@Im On A Boat - 5 or 6 miles?!? I'm in awe!

@Diana - Wow, you sure make Week 2 sound like something to look forward to! I'm sure you'll adjust to the increase and be fine!

Are you referring to the soleus or the achilles? Look at this picture of the muscles. Once you know which it is, you can google and find exercises for it.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:30 PM   #39  
Diana Kay

Don't be afraid, Rochester! Repeating week one might make the transition easy for you... I'm just stupidly stubborn and HAD to move right along! Hahaha, I'm sure I'll adjust. I hope.

Thanks for the picture, I think it's actually kind of both. Well, actually, mostly the Soleus. It's weird though, I wake up in the mornings and my achille's is usually sore. Blech. I'll have to look into it.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:02 PM   #40  
Next mini-goal 184

S/C/G: 204/189/155

Height: 5' 7"

Diana - the two best stretches for that area in my opinion are; find a small step, I like to use the curb because it isn't as high as a regular stair stip, stand with as much of your heels hanging of the curb or step as you can & then try to lower your heels down some, helps to hold a road sign or whatever to you can do it without falling off the curb or losing your balance - the other one that stretches real good is if your able sit cross-legged (indian style if possible concentrate on firmly pressing your feet on the floor & bring your knees up & together in front of your chest (stretches amazingly well for such a simple stretch). Hope those help.

Dee

Last edited by Im On A Boat; 06-08-2010 at 07:03 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:08 PM   #41  
Diana Kay

Thank you Dee! I'll be sure to remember that! Awesome.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:34 PM   #42  
ugggg.....

week 1 day 1 down...my "run" was more of a jog and my dogs didn't know what to think when I took off each time....
Old 06-08-2010, 11:35 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 195/168/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules1216 View Post
week 1 day 1 down...my "run" was more of a jog and my dogs didn't know what to think when I took off each time....
hahahahaha!!!! That's soooo cute!!!! I have a pomeranian who couldn't finish the 3 mile jog with me. He literally just stopped and laid down at mile 2.5. haha.. So I had to pick him up and finish it.

And also.. I think the "run" is supposed to be a jog.. especially the first week.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:41 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 195/168/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sha25 View Post
grneyedmustang- I'll check out that Eminem song too that Emus suggested. I have a awesome playlist I use for my workouts.. Linken Park, Korn, Disturbed just to name a few really get my butt in gear.
I have a very similar playlist. You need good music to keep it going. Also.. I like music where I can run to the rhythm. Haha. But the reason I like that Eminem song so much is because A. you can run to the beat and B. I like to pretend he's talking about running, even though he's not. For some reason hearing "'til my legs give out" gives me that little extra motivation I need.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:26 AM   #45  
Diana Kay

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules1216 View Post
I'm gonna be house sitting in a week or two, and I'll be watching their dog as well... Wonder how she'd react if I took her out on one of my days? (I just looked... Apparently I'm supposed to start tomorrow! I'm so good at keeping track of stuff... )

My running is also a jog. I'm perfectly okay with that, though! Even jogging is better than my usual alternative of nothing! Just do what's comfortable, right??
Closed Thread