General chatter - Even The GREATEST Baseball Players Retire

Pages : [1] 2 3

EZMONEY
06-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Well TEAM we have been asked to start a new thread on the day one of our favorite stars retires :(

A sad day for baseball today as Ken Griffey Jr. retires...

whether or not you liked the Mariners or the Reds you had to love Junior :)

Injuries took away a lot of his potential...but did you ever hear anything bad about him?...nah....

I bet my son still has 10 never out of the box rookie cards of him :)

Not worth much because of the abundance of them but what wonderful memories for me and my son collecting his first favorite player other than a DODGER ;)

Good times....baseball...good times for dads/sons...moms/daughters....grandpas and grandmas....

and that is why we are here!

And by golly be proud :carrot:

I remember when our very first baseball thread made it all the way to the play-offs before we hit 500.....

post on TEAM.....:carrot:

EZMONEY
06-02-2010, 09:10 PM
How about that TEAM...

My DODGERS win in 14 innings...1-0....

won last night in 10 innings 1-0....

sorry AZ...

on second thought...nah....;)

BillBlueEyes
06-02-2010, 09:11 PM
Found it.

Now to see if the others find their way here.

Rex Sox Nation is on a roll of late. If we keep this up we could look like a baseball team.

Sweetcaroline
06-02-2010, 09:23 PM
So we were locked up again eh'... I like the new diggs...

Dice K on the mound tonight... so its a whirlwind game...

Day baseball tomorrow..

then Celts vs.:goldpot: Lakers...

BillBlueEyes
06-02-2010, 09:47 PM
Ortiz just got a homer - Red Sox now ahead.

Clydegirl
06-02-2010, 10:28 PM
I found it.

Playing the Reds tonight. We won't get to see Ken Griffey Jr when the Mariners come to visit.

Umpire in the news tonight blowing the call on the perfect game. No wonder Jim Leland was mad. Feel bad for the pitcher.

Sweetcaroline
06-02-2010, 10:41 PM
I found it.

Playing the Reds tonight. We won't get to see Ken Griffey Jr when the Mariners come to visit.

Umpire in the news tonight blowing the call on the perfect game. No wonder Jim Leland was mad. Feel bad for the pitcher.

Stinky call in Detroit... is right... 2 out in the ninth and you get a call like that... I always want the pitcher to get those kind of calls... I even felt bad for Andy Pettite (NYY) years ago against the Sox, he was in the ninth and we ruined it...

I'm lovin Dice K tonight...:D (sounds like a country song) LOL...

Sweetcaroline
06-02-2010, 10:43 PM
Gary... all of Fenway is yelling beat LA, beat LA... kinda cool don'tcha think ?

EZMONEY
06-02-2010, 11:07 PM
Gary... all of Fenway is yelling beat LA, beat LA... kinda cool don'tcha think ?

:) I love to hear it! Baseball ~ basketball ~ football....doesn't matter! As long as people everywhere keep saying it I know my teams are doing all right! :carrot:

Angie and I watched the last inning of the Detroit game on MLB channel...WOW!

Angie jumped out of her chair when the call was made...horrible call...he was wrong...but even if he saw it as a tie...in that situation it goes to the pitcher...

My son called about 3 minutes after to see if I saw it...he heard it...said both sports stations he was listening to coming home were livid!

EZMONEY
06-02-2010, 11:24 PM
My son called me to say the ump said it was the biggest call of his career and agreed he blew it, after seeing the replay.....he said he ruined a perfect game for the kid....

probably had a glove in his face like my nephew did on Sunday ;)

EZMONEY
06-03-2010, 12:11 AM
Back to the old thread...SHANNON....Troy played high school ball for one of our local schools...a big fan favorite around here

Slashnl
06-03-2010, 12:44 PM
Found it, too! I don't have much to say, though. I know the Rockies lost, but I didn't see any of it.

Junior College world series continued. Big drama last night when they ejected Bryce Harper. Bryce is the 17 year old phenom that they think will be the number 1 draft choice. While he did something fairly stupid, I am sorry that he was ejected. He has to be out for two games, so he's probably done for the tournament, depending on how it plays out. I guess he showed that he is only 17 last night and didn't have good judgement.

Shannon in ATL
06-03-2010, 01:30 PM
Found the new thread!

Gary - Troy got a little flak in ATL early this season, but DH was just waiting.... Said that he would be just fine once he settled in. And so he is!

Wow, that was a terrible call for that Detroit pitcher. I'm new to baseball and I could see it on that replay. The shot that showed the pitcher's face fall when he realized what was going on was pretty tragic.

Clydegirl
06-03-2010, 02:16 PM
Diane what did he do to be ejected? What position does he play?

Shannon we liked Glaus when he was here then he was on the DL most of last year. He's a good hitter when he's hot.

Day off today.

azdevils14
06-03-2010, 02:48 PM
Alright Dbacks management has called a for a press conference today at 2pm fingers crossed the are shaking up the coaching staff. To Mr. AJ Hinch you are the worst manager in baseball don't let the door hit you in the bum on the way out.
PS your a BUM.

:)
I hope everyone has a great Thursday.

Clydegirl
06-03-2010, 05:53 PM
Just watched Jim Joyce take the line-up card from Galarraga in today's game on MLB.com. Very emotional. Hard day for him as he was behind home plate in today's game.

Sweetcaroline
06-03-2010, 08:05 PM
Just watched Jim Joyce take the line-up card from Galarraga in today's game on MLB.com. Very emotional. Hard day for him as he was behind home plate in today's game.

I agree, a very emotional day for Joyce, I feel bad for 'him' now too... he 'manned' up though... that couldn't have been easy... Gosh, couldn't they assign him third base or something today...

Leland should be so proud of that pitcher, the kid is a class act and now has a red corvette...

We played 'today' and lost... oh well...

Enjoy your games :corn:

EZMONEY
06-03-2010, 08:50 PM
:carrot: OUTSTANDING :carrot: for all parties concerning the perfect game! There is hope for pro sports after all!

I don't think the call should be reversed....I wish it could be for the kid.

If we reverse that call do we go back and check all "perfect" games and take away one if a runner is called out when in fact he was safe?

What about balls and strikes? Milt Pappas lost a perfect game on 2 balls called that could have been called strikes in '72.

I am all for instant replay too...but until we review those plays on the field I say leave it alone.

I have a feeling this kid is going to get a lot more attention over the years from the perfect game he didn't pitch! :)

His reaction after not getting the correct call on the field was priceless...all smiles :)

And Joyce with his genuine tears :(

What a great day for baseball!

Sweetcaroline
06-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Gary... I agree with all of the above...

Especially the pitcher being known now for the perfect game he never pitched.. I see a movie in their future...

I just heard that Tiger fans gave Joyce a standing O' at the end of the game today... classy... classy....classy... {snif}

Slashnl
06-04-2010, 11:53 AM
Diane what did he do to be ejected? What position does he play?

After strike 3, he took his bat and drew a line near the batters box, showing the Ump where the pitch was. His coach said that he didn't say anything, but I have a feeling that there were some words exchanged. He's typically a catcher, but I read that they think he'll be used in the outfield to try to keep him healthy. His big talent is hitting, so they don't want him hurt playing catcher. :rolleyes:

I just heard that Tiger fans gave Joyce a standing O' at the end of the game today... classy... classy....classy... {snif}

I hadn't heard that. That was cool.

ennay
06-04-2010, 12:12 PM
Galaragga was so impressively classy right away. Can you imagine if that had been Clemens or (heh) John Rocker (not that rocker could have ever pitched a perfect game).

I really got from hearing a lot of the quotes from other baseball players that Joyce is an ump that is genuinely liked and respected. (unlike West who is a maroon)

Clydegirl
06-04-2010, 02:29 PM
The Brewers are in town.

Wainwright on the mound tonight. We are going to the game :)

Slashnl
06-04-2010, 05:31 PM
I was listening to Dan Patrick on the radio earlier and he suggested that Sports Illustrated choose Gallaraga and Joyce should be chosen as SI's sportsmen of the year. How cool would that be?

Sweetcaroline
06-05-2010, 12:11 AM
I was listening to Dan Patrick on the radio earlier and he suggested that Sports Illustrated choose Gallaraga and Joyce should be chosen as SI's sportsmen of the year. How cool would that be?

OH... I agree with that... very cool...

I was thinking today, I wonder if the pitcher ended up with the baseball... If I were he, I'd want it...

I'm going to try to order the scorecard... Sox sells copies of ours, maybe the Tigers do too...

EZMONEY
06-05-2010, 12:35 AM
A good article on Bryce, and other #1 picks, in this weeks Sports Illustrated D

Clydegirl
06-05-2010, 01:36 AM
Cards win 8-0.

Wainwright looked sharp tonight, pitching a complete game.

Fireworks night, lots of fun. Nothing like watching fireworks on a hot summer night, after the game. They were playing your song Caroline. Lots of good music.

2 guys sitting behind me never shut up the entire game.

EZMONEY
06-05-2010, 09:32 AM
Here is another good story on that SUPER KID...Bryce Harper....he is only 17!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/draft2010/columns/story?columnist=crasnick_jerry&id=5248377

Slashnl
06-05-2010, 12:18 PM
Good article, EZ. It's hard to feel sorry for him when you realize what is ahead of him and the millions of dollars that await, but in a way, I look at him as being one year older than my daughter and imagine the pressure he has. He needs a little maturity and if he keeps his skill, he'll be phenomenal.

Good picture of our stadium, too!! The championship was supposed to be last night, but the undefeated team lost, so we have one more tonight, since it is double elimination.

Rockies lost last night. I'm sure the DBacks enjoyed that.

Clydegirl
06-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Cards just signed Randy Winn for the league minimum.

Don't know much about the guy but he was cheap:)

EZMONEY
06-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Winn was a decent outfielder/hitter when he was with the giants...I didn't know he wasn't with them anymore.

Clydegirl
06-05-2010, 07:27 PM
We got him from the Yankees. They DFA'd him.

Our bullpen sucks today just gave up the win for our young rookie pitcher.

EZMONEY
06-06-2010, 09:34 AM
Oh my!

Went to bed last night up 2-0 in after 6....woke up to a 9-3 loss....

glad I didn't go to bed mad!!

At least we didn't lose ground....

Hope to get the series even today SHANNON!

azdevils14
06-06-2010, 10:15 AM
Ok so we have ripped off two home wins in a row. I'm still not getting my hopes up after an 0-9 road trip. Plus the end of June is going to be brutal playing on the east coast. Hope everyone is have a great weekend.

Clydegirl
06-06-2010, 06:18 PM
Our game is on ESPN tonight :fr:

Going for the sweep against the Brewers.

Sweetcaroline
06-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Poor Poor pitiful O's... (I'll prolly regret saying that) we finish the series with them tonight... I'd like to sweep em'....

Enjoy !

BillBlueEyes
06-06-2010, 06:47 PM
Poor Poor pitiful O's... (I'll prolly regret saying that) !

Ye gads woman, are you new to baseball?

<voice=STERN>Red Sox Nation respects the honorable Orioles. May the best team win.</STERN>

Sweetcaroline
06-06-2010, 06:55 PM
<voice=giggling>...Nah.... Bill Hall could pitch this game and we'd win... LOL...</giggling>

I'll be off line for the rest of the night... LOL...

Clydegirl
06-06-2010, 08:15 PM
<voice=giggling>...Nah.... Bill Hall could pitch this game and we'd win... LOL...</giggling>

I'll be off line for the rest of the night... LOL...

Oh-oh.

Did Bill Hall pitch?

Whispering Who's Bill Hall?

Wait a minute did he not play for the Brew Crew? Isn't he the one that started all the untucking of the shirts?

Sweetcaroline
06-06-2010, 08:20 PM
I know, I know, Sorry Nation, I'll take all of the blame... no more fooling around Bill !

Clydegirl ...Bill Hall is our utility outfielder who pitched last week so we could rest the bench... lol, wasn't bad either...

EZMONEY
06-06-2010, 08:40 PM
SHANNON'S Braves have come into our tee-pee and are in the process of scalping us for 3 of 4.....unless Sitting Bull or Manny saves us in extra innings....

Well it wasn't Manny but we did split with the Braves!

EZMONEY
06-06-2010, 09:26 PM
RESULTS THROUGH 6/6

I am only recording those that have been active in the thread

EZMONEY ~ DODGERS and WHITE SOX ~ 57 WINS

SWEET-C ~ RED SOX and METS ~ 63 WINS ~ 2nd Place

BIG BIRD ~ CARDINALS and MARINERS ~ 55 WINS

COLORADO D ~ ROCKIES and phillies ~ 59 WINS ~ 3rd Place

BILL ~ RED SOX ~ 33

SHANNON ~ BRAVES and RED SOX ~ 66 WINS ~ 1st Place

Clydegirl
06-07-2010, 12:51 AM
Lost in extra innings,. Still took 2 of 3 from the Brewers.

On to Los Angeles.

Hello Gary.

EZMONEY
06-07-2010, 09:14 AM
Not feeling to good about seeing you here the way we have been hitting Big Bird!

Clydegirl
06-07-2010, 11:08 AM
Hawksworth, one of our bullpen guys, is starting the game tonight. His first. He's just not that good.

2 starters on the dl not good.

We need the big bats tonight.

Sweetcaroline
06-07-2010, 08:47 PM
We're playing the Indians... gosh our DL is growing ... and our closer is out on bereavement leave.. time to bring some guys up from the minors...

Sweetcaroline
06-07-2010, 08:49 PM
RESULTS THROUGH 6/6

EZMONEY ~ DODGERS and WHITE SOX ~ 57 WINS

SWEET-C ~ RED SOX and METS ~ 63 WINS ~ 2nd Place

BIG BIRD ~ CARDINALS and MARINERS ~ 55 WINS

COLORADO D ~ ROCKIES and phillies ~ 59 WINS ~ 3rd Place

BILL ~ RED SOX ~ 33

SHANNON ~ BRAVES and RED SOX ~ 66 WINS ~ 1st Place

Thanks for keeping up with all the stats Gary... I seemed to be holding steady in 2nd...

Clydegirl
06-07-2010, 11:41 PM
Oh brother not a good start by Hawksworth.

I hate west coast games. How late will I stay up for this?

EZMONEY
06-08-2010, 12:36 AM
I am ready for bed already BIG BIRD!...and it isn't even 9 here yet!

Clydegirl
06-08-2010, 12:37 AM
How late?

I think I've seen enough.

EZMONEY
06-08-2010, 12:37 AM
Not me...wink

Clydegirl
06-08-2010, 12:38 AM
I am ready for bed already BIG BIRD!...and it isn't even 9 here yet!

Hello.

You can go to bed and be confident that you will get the win tonight.

Not me :(

Clydegirl
06-08-2010, 12:40 AM
Goodnight all.

Clydegirl
06-08-2010, 12:49 AM
:censored:

This game was over before it started.

I'm out of here.

Clydegirl
06-08-2010, 09:20 AM
So a new day.

Chris Carpenter on the mound tonight.

Slashnl
06-08-2010, 12:13 PM
Had little league last night, so I didn't watch the Rockies, but I heard they won. Yay! We're playing the Astros.

JustBeckyV
06-08-2010, 05:06 PM
I am a Mariners fan and was so sad to see Junior retire. It was great to have him back for a year though! It was really the right time with his numbers falling and the stories evolving. I would rather him leave with the positive memories! First ballot hall of famer!

Clydegirl
06-08-2010, 06:50 PM
Did you hear Strasburg is starting tonight? ;)

EZMONEY
06-08-2010, 07:41 PM
Did you hear Strasburg is starting tonight? ;)

:D Oh yeah! Hasn't everyone? ;)

Since he is a local boy...high school and college...we hear/read a lot about him around here!

Clydegirl
06-08-2010, 08:48 PM
Gary I'm feeling a lot better about tonight's game.

EZMONEY
06-08-2010, 08:56 PM
You have the better pitcher going for sure BIG BIRD!

This Strasburg kid is amazing!

Go LAKERS!

Sweetcaroline
06-08-2010, 09:46 PM
playing the Indians tonight... winning 3-1 so far, so good...

Enjoy the games....

EZMONEY
06-08-2010, 10:44 PM
WOW! That was quite a show Stephen Strasburg put on!

7 innings ~ 4 hits ~ 2 runs ~ 0 walks ~ 14 K's!....and a win...wow!

What a debut under pressure!

Even the home run that was hit was on a low pitch the batter went and got...a couple of singles...only in trouble once...then a double play...wow!

Our local papers will be ALL over that...

no matter what my LAKERS do tonight...

so far so good...

but it's early...

Clydegirl
06-08-2010, 11:04 PM
He did good.

Now let's go Carp :)

Sweetcaroline
06-08-2010, 11:53 PM
Got the win ! Go Sox !

EZMONEY
06-09-2010, 12:58 AM
Quite a battle going on between me and Big Bird.... 0-0 after 6.5...4 hits each...

but....

LAKERS WIN...LAKERS WIN!!!!!

Clydegirl
06-09-2010, 01:08 AM
Way to go Luddy. Great throw to get him at home plate.

Clydegirl
06-09-2010, 01:09 AM
Gary how is your bullpen?

EZMONEY
06-09-2010, 01:11 AM
LOL....the bullpen is like any other...could be good...could be bad...

EZMONEY
06-09-2010, 01:11 AM
Let me know what happens BIG BIRD....

I am going to bed!!!

Clydegirl
06-09-2010, 01:40 AM
You're up 1.

I hate intentional walks to load the bases.

Can we score off Broxton?

Nope. :(

EZMONEY
06-09-2010, 01:57 AM
I lied...I stayed up while Angie watched GLEE...

thank you for the win Big Bird!

Clydegirl
06-09-2010, 10:04 AM
:(

We really suck this year on the west coast.

Slashnl
06-09-2010, 05:05 PM
So, Gary, how does it feel now to be leading the division? I wouldn't know... right now we're hanging out in 4th.

Clydegirl
06-09-2010, 08:58 PM
Good pitching match-up tonight. Wainwright and Kershaw.

We need some runs tonight. Carp did great last night but you can't win if you don't score any runs.

EZMONEY
06-09-2010, 09:15 PM
So, Gary, how does it feel now to be leading the division? I wouldn't know... right now we're hanging out in 4th.

Looks like US and those giants and padres may go down to the wire again D!

Good pitching match-up tonight. Wainwright and Kershaw.

We need some runs tonight. Carp did great last night but you can't win if you don't score any runs.

Should be a good game Big Bird Manny came through last night for us :)

Sweetcaroline
06-09-2010, 10:53 PM
We are down 11-0, Indians got 8 runs in the 8th.... :(

Clydegirl
06-09-2010, 10:59 PM
We are down 11-0, Indians got 8 runs in the 8th.... :(

Ouch I feel your pain Caroline.

I don't know what's worse getting beat 1-0 or 11-0.

Clydegirl
06-10-2010, 01:24 AM
I'm off to bed Gary. Methinks you are out there somewhere.

I hope we can squeeze a win out of this.

I will be glad to get out of LA.

EZMONEY
06-10-2010, 09:13 AM
Thank-You Big Bird for the close games...and thanks you Mr. Lucky for the ground rule double in the 10th....saving the tying run..

Clydegirl
06-10-2010, 10:05 AM
You were lucky with that ground rule double.

Day off thank you.

Slashnl
06-10-2010, 04:20 PM
Rockies are playing this afternoon. I'll be checking every so often! Oh, and working too. They haven't been showing too much that's good lately, but I still want to watch.

Gary, are you ok after hearing the sanctions against USC? Wow. I hate it when the people who were directly involved aren't affected, but the ones who are there now are the ones who are punished.

EZMONEY
06-10-2010, 09:41 PM
You were lucky with that ground rule double

Oh pleeeze.....there is no luck in baseball....;)

Gary, are you ok after hearing the sanctions against USC? Wow. I hate it when the people who were directly involved aren't affected, but the ones who are there now are the ones who are punished.

To be honest D...I really feel it is extreme....but then I don't know the WHOLE story yet...maybe I will change my mind. My son has been texting and talking to me since late last night about it...he brought up a funny point...ALL THIS....so Reggie's parents could live in La Mesa....now I'm not baggin' on La Mesa...I lived there as a child for a few years and my uncle lived there for many years...but...people MOVE OUT of La Mesa...not to it ;)...more to all the story of course....but what really upsets me is #1 The corrupt people corrupting the kids and #2 The arrogance of all of them...agents...parents...kids....THEY ALL KNOW BETTER!! :mad:

Slashnl
06-11-2010, 12:28 PM
That's kind of what I thought, too, Gary.

Back to baseball... Rockies are STRUGGLING. Hate that.

EZMONEY
06-11-2010, 06:31 PM
WE are up against my ANGELS tonight...usually doesn't go my way when we play us....

Looking forward to the UCLA vs. Cal State Fullerton game tonight...

Oh..I forgot..the son of one of my very good friends was a 34th round pick of the A's...a stretch but he was on a flight to Arizona this morning and then will probably go to Vancouver (I think)...They called me from the airport this morning to thank me for all the support over the years from Little League through college...

hey...who doesn't like to go watch a good kid play baseball?...oh yeah!

Enjoy your games

Clydegirl
06-11-2010, 07:15 PM
We have 3 against the D'Backs.

Sweetcaroline
06-11-2010, 09:57 PM
We are up 12-1 in the 3rd... against phillies...

EZMONEY
06-12-2010, 11:51 AM
:( Why oh why :( can't my Dodgers ever beat my Angels?

what a killing last night...and to top it off my bil was in town....lived in Seattle for many years and is a Mariners fan...they were playing the Padres last night so I was able to see the padres win in the bottom of the 9th....

I was just soooooooooooooooooooo Happy for my son in laws team to catch up with us again...

oh so not true! :mad:

Clydegirl
06-12-2010, 12:12 PM
Well we won last night but what a messy game.

Clydegirl
06-12-2010, 12:16 PM
:( Why oh why :( can't my Dodgers ever beat my Angels?

:

Gary, Pineiro pitching last night. When he's good he's really really good and when he's bad he's awful.

Clydegirl
06-12-2010, 10:12 PM
Sorry but Ottavino should not be pitching in the major leagues.

I don't think I can watch much more of this. 2 starters on the DL. We need help and who are they looking at Jeff Suppan. The same Jeff Suppan who left here and went to the Brewers. They let him go this week. Mind you he can't be any worse.

5-0 nothing for the D'Backs :(

It doesn't help that we can't get a hit off Danny Haren.

Sweetcaroline
06-12-2010, 11:41 PM
We won... that's another win against Philly... Dice K was scratched minutes before the start and put on the DL ... and yet another outfielder on DL with fractured ribs... Beltre is a one-man wrecking crew... that's the second player he's collided with and sent to the DL... Yikes !!!

Bill, are you still talking to me ?

Good luck against Celts Gary... I'm thinking we'll be beating the Dodgers here in Boston and the Celts will be beating the Lakers in LA... interesting week ahead... who knows ?....

BillBlueEyes
06-13-2010, 06:20 AM
Bill, are you still talking to me ?

Of course.

Congrats on that first pitch grand slam homer from the just-called-up new guy, Nava. I hope you let him play again.

EZMONEY
06-13-2010, 10:33 AM
I'm dying here face down and all I see is ANGELS throwing dirt on me!

I was fortunate to see the kid from NATION hit his first pitch! How cool was that!! My nephew and I saw it...all the others here were outside playing shuffleboard or upstairs eating....when he came up again with bases loaded everyone came to watch....great memory for the kid and his dad!

Sweetcaroline
06-13-2010, 03:05 PM
Of course.

Congrats on that first pitch grand slam homer from the just-called-up new guy, Nava. I hope you let him play again.

I didn't see it 'live'... but plenty of replays... What a way to start his major league career, he's back in there today...
I was at a 60 number dance recital :dizzy:.. lol...

Clydegirl
06-13-2010, 08:29 PM
D'Backs win it with a walk-off home-run :(

This team is not playing well at the moment. Chemistry is off.

Shannon in ATL
06-13-2010, 10:07 PM
Braves finally have an off day tomorrow, after 20 days straight & the last 11 on the road. I know those are some guys who are glad to be home... Rays on Tuesday - hope Kawakami can get a win out of it.

I've been totally distracted by new car buying this weekend, we didn't even tune in until after the game was over this afternoon.

EZMONEY
06-14-2010, 12:13 AM
dang....we lost in baseball and basketball today...

at least my driver Hamiln won...

EZMONEY
06-14-2010, 12:20 AM
Results Through 6/13 :)

EZMONEY ~ DODGERS and WHITE SOX ~ 64 WINS

SWEET-C ~ RED SOX and METS ~ 72 WINS ~ 2nd Place

BIG BIRD ~ CARDINALS and MARINERS ~ 58 WINS

COLORADO D ~ ROCKIES and phillies ~ 65 WINS ~ 3rd Place

BILL ~ RED SOX ~ 37

SHANNON ~ BRAVES and RED SOX ~ 74 WINS ~ 1st Place

Slashnl
06-14-2010, 11:58 AM
Well, the Rockies had some wins finally. We really need to do some catching up now. We're off today, so we can't get a win. But we also can't add another loss!!! They've been talking about some of our injured players are getting close to coming back. I hope so!

Clydegirl
06-14-2010, 02:00 PM
We have 3 against the Mariners so I can't lose with my fantasy.

BillBlueEyes
06-14-2010, 04:02 PM
Sweetcaroline - remember, this is a thread about BASEBALL.

No other sport should be mentioned. Nor hinted at. It does not matter what a Boston team is doing to a Los Angeles team if the sport isn't BASERBALL. We would just ignore that.

But, it might be OK to say, Why yes, I did enjoy myself Sunday evening, in an OT kind of way.

[Bwaaa-hahahahahahahah.]

EZMONEY
06-14-2010, 04:11 PM
go ahead rub it in....lol

Shannon in ATL
06-14-2010, 04:27 PM
Looked to be a great game Sunday night... Better for Bill. :)

Clydegirl
06-14-2010, 11:32 PM
And that's a win. 9-3.

Tinker with the line-up. Move Holliday to the 2 hole and bat Luddy clean-up. What a difference.

EZMONEY
06-14-2010, 11:37 PM
Good for you BIG BIRD!

WE start a rough road tomorrow starting in CINCY then off to see BILL and SWEET-C...then we will see my ANGELS in their house....

wow...just noticed it's going to be all RED for 9 days!

Clydegirl
06-15-2010, 12:24 AM
Do us a favour Gary and beat the Reds. All of them if you want but especially Cincinnati.

EZMONEY
06-15-2010, 12:33 AM
I'll give the boys a call in the morning and see what I can do Big Bird.....

oh..BB...Angie and I finally saw the last few Parenthoods....looking forward to next season!

Clydegirl
06-15-2010, 12:40 AM
I'll give the boys a call in the morning and see what I can do Big Bird.....

oh..BB...Angie and I finally saw the last few Parenthoods....looking forward to next season!

That is my favourite new show.

Sweetcaroline
06-15-2010, 06:49 PM
[/SIZE]Sweetcaroline - remember, this is a thread about BASEBALL.

No other sport should be mentioned. Nor hinted at. It does not matter what a Boston team is doing to a Los Angeles team if the sport isn't BASERBALL. We would just ignore that.

But, it might be OK to say, Why yes, I did enjoy myself Sunday evening, in an OT kind of way.

[Bwaaa-hahahahahahahah.]

OT: The fat lady hasn't sung yet.. so its still scary... but Mayor Menino hasn't planned the parade so we should be fine...

Sweetcaroline
06-15-2010, 06:59 PM
We are back in inter-league... yeah ! I happen to enjoy watching the pitchers hit... and Bill and I can converse a bit more with all of you NL'ers...

Enjoy your games... :corn:

Clydegirl
06-15-2010, 08:16 PM
Well we have Jeff Suppan going tonight. He was dropped by the Brewers and we needed an arm. Dave Duncan has been working with him. Who knows what we will get tonight. As long as they keep hitting like they did last night we should be OK.

EZMONEY
06-15-2010, 08:55 PM
I'll pray for you BIG BIRD....must be tough out there since the Brewers kept our old pitcher RANDY WOLF who has an era of around 5!....I like Wolf...

azdevils14
06-15-2010, 11:31 PM
Hey everyone I'm checking back in I've been so busy the last week. My ASU Sun Devils punched their ticket back to Omaha and Rosenblatt stadium!!! I was a nervous wreck watching the super regional over the weekend. The Razorbacks gave us everything they had and made it tough on the boys. I have to get excited about college ball because my diamond backs are terrible. Last I check they were getting drilled in Fenway. Anyways I'm excited for a national title coming back to Tempe Arizona!!!

Clydegirl
06-16-2010, 12:23 AM
Well we got a win and Soup did OK.

Dave Duncan knows his stuff, have to give the man credit.

EZMONEY
06-16-2010, 09:49 AM
It was a very good night for my DODGERS and LAKERS....

AZ congrats on ASU....I watched all of the UCLA vs. Cal State Fullerton games...good ones. I was pulling for CSF but didn't lose any sleep with the UCLA win. A local boy here pitched Oklahoma to the CWS in their final game.

Sweetcaroline
06-16-2010, 05:39 PM
And the countdown to Manny begins... these games should be great ! Can't wait...

EZMONEY
06-16-2010, 11:20 PM
well that's 2 in a row against Cincy (just for you Big Bird)...warming up real nice for NATION....wink

Clydegirl
06-17-2010, 12:36 AM
Thanks Gary. We lost tonight but we're still tied for first.

Sweetcaroline
06-17-2010, 08:43 PM
They moved our start time up so the Nation can get home in time to watch that other game that's on tonight... :luck2you:

We are bringing up a pitcher named Felix Doubront from triple A to pitch first game against Dodgers Friday... I hope he's good.... Friday night baseball at Fenway....and the DODGERS... yikes.... and the Manny reunion...yikes... I'd poop my pants if I were that kid...

56% of fans say Manny will be Booed'
44%... say standing "O"...
not saying where I stand... 'yet'...

Enjoy all the games tonight ! :corn:

EZMONEY
06-17-2010, 09:06 PM
:carrot: LET'S GO LAKERS! :carrot:

NATION...MANNY was an All-Star every year in Boston...was in the top 10 of MVP voting almost every year...avg over 300 and hit a ton of HR's....

and was very important in killing the curse.....

and was never busted for steroids there...why would NATION boo him?......;)

Man did we get buzzed today....dang!

Look out NATION here we come :carrot:

Clydegirl
06-17-2010, 10:02 PM
Should be interesting to see what sort of a welcome Manny gets.

Sweetcaroline
06-17-2010, 10:45 PM
I will not be booing Manny.... I loved Manny up until the very last 'days' before his trade, it got ugly and I was happy to see him go.... but I'm over it... He always made me laugh at his antics, his MBMm... He and Big Papi together... [snif] ... They say nothing phases him, but somehow I think if he gets booed loudly it will bother him... he is human... 'I think'...

BRING IT DODGER NATION !! and don't pick on our newbie pitcher ....

EZMONEY
06-18-2010, 01:22 AM
Who can think about baseball at a time like this!!!!!!!!!!

BillBlueEyes
06-18-2010, 06:03 AM
Congratulations to the Lakers fans. Tough series.

Moving on to think about the Dodgers being Dodgers tonight.

Sweetcaroline
06-18-2010, 07:13 PM
Congrats Lakers fans... You must be psyched Gary...

and your right Bill, onto Baseball...

This is an exciting night at Fenway, I can feel it, ... Pre-game just had a shot of some Dodgers peaking into the little door in the Green Monster ... lots of firsts tonight... and could we have a Roger Clemens sighting ? apparently he has some tix..

Enjoy ! :corn:

EZMONEY
06-18-2010, 08:07 PM
WE are just about ready to watch here NATION...

OH NO!!! It's the Nationals and STRASBURG again on the MLB channel...what?

SWEET-C...usually first time pitchers do pretty good the first time around...

Well I guess I will just get up-dates on our game

Sweetcaroline
06-18-2010, 10:01 PM
Cmon' over and watch the Dodgers...its fun... geez....

EZMONEY
06-18-2010, 10:37 PM
Starting to get kinda glad the game wasn't on TV!

NATION you are lousy hosts!!

EZMONEY
06-18-2010, 10:39 PM
I sure wish I would have taped the basketball game last night...I'd go watch that again...lol

Sweetcaroline
06-18-2010, 10:50 PM
Gary, so were you saying the National game was on 'instead' of your Dodger game ? Your games aren't televised locally ?... Well, the weekend games are on ESPN and Fox...

(I'll be at an all day gymnastics show tomorrow):dizzy:

EZMONEY
06-18-2010, 11:00 PM
SWEET-C...yep I have the National game on...they keep going to Boston but only when Manny is up...

I live very close to San Diego so we have the Padres station...

I had the MLB package a few years and got ALL the games but since I get to see the Dodgers against the padres...and we get the cubs channel...plus Fox games and ESPN and the MLB channel I see them a lot....

I can afford the $$$ for the ALL game package but, seriously, I wouldn't watch all that much, except the Dodgers...and I have to go to bed before they are done here most the time on the west coast anyway....

so I watch on the computer...ESPN...gamecast and check in with MLB channel.

EZMONEY
06-18-2010, 11:03 PM
I tell ya what...I have seen all 3 games this Strasburg kid has pitched and I am loving it!

Real curious how he does the second time through the league after everyone has been able to get whack at him.

Clydegirl
06-19-2010, 01:04 AM
What, Gary you get the Cubs channel?

Clydegirl
06-19-2010, 01:06 AM
We are playing the Oakland A's this weekend.

Got the win tonight :) Gary you will be able to watch us tomorrow night seeing as you have MLB channel.

EZMONEY
06-19-2010, 09:53 AM
Yep BIG BIRD the Cubs channel, WGN, has been included in our cable package for...gosh...25 years or more. When the Braves were on TBS we got those too.

Won't be seeing the game tonight since we are camping locally with family for a couple of days.

Enjoy your games TEAM.....

MANNY isn't going to give the media anything to talk about...I wish our pitching was a little deeper right now.....but then who doesn't!

Clydegirl
06-19-2010, 10:12 AM
Yep BIG BIRD the Cubs channel, WGN, has been included in our cable package for...gosh...25 years or more. When the Braves were on TBS we got those too.

Won't be seeing the game tonight since we are camping locally with family for a couple of days.

Enjoy your games TEAM.....

MANNY isn't going to give the media anything to talk about...I wish our pitching was a little deeper right now.....but then who doesn't!

Oh that, yeah we get that too :o

Sweetcaroline
06-19-2010, 08:00 PM
Beautiful day here mid 80's dry... Sox and LAD tied at 4 in the ninth and
(Joe I never shut up Buck :blah: ) is going to make this a very long game...

Sweetcaroline
06-19-2010, 08:21 PM
I love walk off wins... :dancer:

Clydegirl
06-19-2010, 09:36 PM
What's wrong Caroline you don't like our Joe Buck? :)

BillBlueEyes
06-19-2010, 09:44 PM
I love walk off wins... :dancer:

Ooooh a walk off single. Good show.

Other than that, Sweetcaroline let's be good sports and not mention tonight's game.

Clydegirl
06-19-2010, 11:22 PM
And that's a win tonight.

Clydegirl
06-20-2010, 11:11 AM
We are going to the game today for Father's Day. It's going to be a scorcher. Temps in the 100's. Yikes.

I have plenty of water and sun-screen.

Enjoy the games guys. Happy Father's Day.

Sweetcaroline
06-20-2010, 01:59 PM
Ooooh a walk off single. Good show.

Other than that, Sweetcaroline let's be good sports and not mention tonight's game.

:tape:

Clydegirl
06-20-2010, 10:17 PM
Well we had good seats for the weather. We were in the nosebleed section behind home-plate, last row. We were in the shade the whole game and there was cool air coming from somewhere :)

Cards lost :( but the good thing is Matt Holliday has got his swing back. 2 homers today.

BillBlueEyes
06-21-2010, 05:40 AM
:tape: :tape: :tape:

Not a bad weekend.

Slashnl
06-21-2010, 02:34 PM
Come on out, Gary. It will be ok. :)

Day off today, then we'll be playing Boston. I hope you guys are done with this winning streak, Bill and Caroline. Be gentle, we're struggling!

Sweetcaroline
06-21-2010, 08:06 PM
:tape: :tape: :tape:

Not a bad weekend.

yes it was.... :tape: :tape: :tape: :D

Don't worry Diane, we will be gentle...

We are off tonight, resting up...

EZMONEY
06-21-2010, 09:21 PM
MY HATS off to you NATION!

Luckily for me I didn't have to watch the games Saturday and Sunday since we were camping with family. It was a ~ no TV ~ no radio ~ no phone ~ no internet trip...

My son did sneak me the scores though, off his phone, for all the college/baseball/soccer matches/games though ;)

Reading up on them when we got back this afternoon I see we had our chances....

doesn't look good the rest of the week either with the Angels and Yankees on this weeks menu....

I will return!

Slashnl
06-22-2010, 11:31 AM
Did I hear that the DBacks beat the Yankees yesterday? Gotta love that!

Shannon in ATL
06-22-2010, 11:51 AM
Arizona won it? Cool. They were up last time I looked.

Braves start a series with the White Sox today. Going to have to stop that hot streak the Sox have going. :)

Sweetcaroline
06-22-2010, 09:39 PM
Did I hear that the DBacks beat the Yankees yesterday? Gotta love that!

Awesome !.... thank you D'Backs !

Sweetcaroline
06-22-2010, 09:42 PM
Late start tonight for Boston in Denver 8:45pm ... { y a w n }
Coors field looks beautiful !

Enjoy your games folks :corn:

Clydegirl
06-22-2010, 09:46 PM
We are playing the Blue Jays in Toronto. Lot of empty seats up there.

EZMONEY
06-22-2010, 10:28 PM
RESULTS THROUGH 6/21

EZMONEY ~ DODGERS and WHITE SOX ~ 72 WINS ~ 3rd Place

SWEET-C ~ RED SOX and METS ~ 82 WINS ~ 2nd Place

BIG BIRD ~ CARDINALS and MARINERS ~ 66 WINS

COLORADO D ~ ROCKIES and phillies ~ 71 WINS ~

BILL ~ RED SOX ~ 43

SHANNON ~ BRAVES and RED SOX ~ 85 WINS ~ 1st Place

BillBlueEyes
06-22-2010, 10:29 PM
Day off today, then we'll be playing Boston. I hope you guys are done with this winning streak, Bill and Caroline. Be gentle, we're struggling!

After our bruising weekend, Diane, we're likely to feel relaxed and not prepared for the altitude. Just hope we don't suffer from the vapors, LOL.

Sweetcaroline - you'll have to coach this one after about the fourth inning.

EZMONEY
06-22-2010, 10:29 PM
I am going up against my Angels again...oh no!

EZMONEY
06-22-2010, 10:30 PM
A kid from my town is pitching in the college game right now for Oklahoma. Just a few years ago we watched him and others in the Little League World Series run...way cool.

Sweetcaroline
06-22-2010, 10:49 PM
We are playing the Blue Jays in Toronto. Lot of empty seats up there.

Oh I know Clydegirl, isn't it sad... they're really not a bad team either...

Bill.. I think I can handle it ;)... not sure the way its moving right now... but I did have a diet cherry Dr. Pepper an hour ago.. I should be all set..:hyper:

Diane... you are off to a good pitching start... yikes...

Gary, Dodgers/Angels is that a big rivalary ? like Mets and Yanks ...

EZMONEY
06-22-2010, 10:57 PM
Gary, Dodgers/Angels is that a big rivalary ? like Mets and Yanks ...

Not really, it is a rivalry but not nearly as intense. For many years the Angels were not very good. I used to watch them play in DODGER Stadium many years ago.

Clydegirl
06-23-2010, 12:08 AM
We won the first one. 9-4.

Slashnl
06-23-2010, 12:03 PM
:D just a little yay!

Sweetcaroline
06-23-2010, 10:24 PM
:D just a little yay!

It can be a big YAY... you guys played a good game... Congrats !

Things aren't looking great for us tonight either, but its only the 4th......

Enjoy the games :corn:

EZMONEY
06-23-2010, 10:44 PM
According to the paper this morning we have lost 22 of the last 34 against my ANGELS....

the paper also said this morning that, although the DODGERS have a much larger fan base...the ANGELS are picking up steam around L.A.

Maybe a win tonight will cheer me up...lol...

Have fun TEAM!

Clydegirl
06-23-2010, 11:08 PM
Good game. We won 1-0.

Attendance just over 14,000.

Slashnl
06-24-2010, 11:34 AM
:D Ok, a little bit bigger YAY! What a game that was last night. Ahead 4-0, fall behind 6-5, home run to tie, then walk off home run to win 8-6. I was trying to watch the college world series action, too. I went away from the TCU game when they were down 7-3. Watched the Rockies for awhile, then went back to TCU and they were ahead 11-7! Dang! Missed the good stuff!

So much baseball, so little time.

Clydegirl
06-24-2010, 01:53 PM
:D :D :D

I am going to Busch Stadium tonight to the Eagles concert. My friend bought 2 tickets and her husband can't go. So she asked me and I said yes.

Should be a great show.

Shannon in ATL
06-24-2010, 03:52 PM
Enjoy your concert Cyldegirl!

White Sox are beating the tar out of us the last two games. Sadness.

Sweetcaroline
06-24-2010, 07:20 PM
:D Ok, a little bit bigger YAY! What a game that was last night. Ahead 4-0, fall behind 6-5, home run to tie, then walk off home run to win 8-6. I was trying to watch the college world series action, too. I went away from the TCU game when they were down 7-3. Watched the Rockies for awhile, then went back to TCU and they were ahead 11-7! Dang! Missed the good stuff!

So much baseball, so little time.

Geesh...Diane, that was very hard for the Nation to watch... I'm still not sure if Papelbon (closer) has left the psychiatrist office yet.... (my twisted humor)... We'll get you tonight !...

Enjoy :corn:

Slashnl
06-24-2010, 07:23 PM
Caroline - That's why I've been keeping my "yay" to a minimum. You guys scare me. I'm going to watch my son's scrimmage and then head home to watch the Rockies. Can we hold on to the magic for one more game?? :)

Sweetcaroline
06-24-2010, 07:24 PM
:D :D :D

I am going to Busch Stadium tonight to the Eagles concert. My friend bought 2 tickets and her husband can't go. So she asked me and I said yes.

Should be a great show.

I love the Eagles... still have Hotel California on vinyl... lol...
Have fun, and no wacky tobacky...

Sweetcaroline
06-24-2010, 07:28 PM
Caroline - That's why I've been keeping my "yay" to a minimum. You guys scare me. I'm going to watch my son's scrimmage and then head home to watch the Rockies. Can we hold on to the magic for one more game?? :)

hmmmm... Okay, but only if the Yanks and Rays lose...
Our DL is growing and I can't keep track of transactions...

EZMONEY
06-24-2010, 10:30 PM
Gary, Dodgers/Angels is that a big rivalary ?

Sorry to bring this back up....but my understanding of a rivalry is BOTH teams need to win a game or two every now and then....

this is not happening :(

BIG BIRD :) I have seen the Eagles several times in concert...the last one was the When **** freezes Over Tour back in '94 I think...what the heck do they call it now? ;) Love-love them!

Clydegirl
06-25-2010, 09:10 AM
Road trip. Kansas City here we come.

We are going to see the Cards take on the Royals. Will be back Sunday night. Kauffman Stadium is supposed to be really nice. These games are 50/50, loads of Cards fans go. Should be an interesting mix.

Eagles were awesome last night.

Slashnl
06-25-2010, 12:50 PM
Well, didn't sweep the Red Sox. It was a good game, though. Back and forth! Now we head off to the Angels. Hopefully they used up everything on the Dodgers.

Sweetcaroline
06-25-2010, 06:34 PM
Road trip. Kansas City here we come.

We are going to see the Cards take on the Royals. Will be back Sunday night. Kauffman Stadium is supposed to be really nice. These games are 50/50, loads of Cards fans go. Should be an interesting mix.

Eagles were awesome last night.

Jeepers Clydegirl... are you ever home ? Enjoy the road trip...

Sweetcaroline
06-25-2010, 06:37 PM
Well, didn't sweep the Red Sox. It was a good game, though. Back and forth! Now we head off to the Angels. Hopefully they used up everything on the Dodgers.

Yes, I was told it was a good game... I can't believe I fell asleep again... I'm missing so much... Tonight the game starts at 10:15pm... BILL, this one is all yours... lol...

EZMONEY
06-25-2010, 09:34 PM
Yankees are in TOWN!

Sweetcaroline
06-25-2010, 09:54 PM
Yankees are in TOWN!

whoa... GO DODGERS...

Sweetcaroline
06-25-2010, 11:22 PM
Kind of a neat story... Daniel Nava, the rookie who hit a grand slam last week his first at bat, lives about 30 miles outside of Giant stadium where Sox are playing Giants tonight... He's got about 100 family and friends at the game... They interviewed his dad... he looked just a tiny bit proud of his boy...

So many cool stories this season...

Bill are you awake ???? I'm so upset that I missed the last few innings last night.. I just had a cup of coffee... determined to stay awake tonight..

Clydegirl
06-26-2010, 11:30 AM
I have never been so hot as what I was at that game last night.

It must have been 50/50 Cards to Royals fans. Great atmosphere. Greinke pitched a great game, had his good stuff. Cards lost :(

Nice stadium. They have a huge jumbotron in centrefield. Food is good too :D

Bullpen start today for us.

Caroline we never do much really. This is our only vacation we willl get this summer. Our hotel is full of Cards fans.

Going to get some BBQ tonight.

Enjoy the games.

Sweetcaroline
06-26-2010, 02:51 PM
I stayed awake... and we lost last night to the Giants... left the bases loaded 3x... the worst part is Dustin Pedroia injured his foot and left the game, he has a hot bat too... 3 homers in one game the other night... {crossing fingers}... maybe I'm better off falling asleep... lol

Clydegirl... I want BBQ now.. sounds like you are having a good time... especially with the Cards fan invasion... Enjoy !

Sweetcaroline
06-26-2010, 07:14 PM
Well it's been confirmed... Pedroia has a fractured foot :(
Luckily, we have had a lot of guys up from the minors who are really good...

Not to worry... everyone will be back for the WS... ;)

Yeah... a 7pm game tonight...
Enjoy your games everyone :corn:

EZMONEY
06-27-2010, 12:47 AM
Not to worry... everyone will be back for the WS... ;)

I hear they have bleacher seats right next to us! ;)

But then you never know....we beat those damn Yankees today :carrot:

Sweetcaroline
06-27-2010, 01:01 AM
Yeah Dodgers... happy to see you got to those pesky Yanks...

We beat the Giants... but our pitcher was injured running the bases and taken out in the first inning.... geesh... hoping its very minor... I'll be happy when the interleague play is over and we can put our pitchers back in their bubbles... where they are safe... lol

Clydegirl
06-27-2010, 09:49 AM
We are coming home this morning. Had a good time.

We won yesterday which was fun. It's interesting being the visiting team. Let's get a win today for the series.

We had some good eating's last night.

Back to Busch tomorrow.

Sweetcaroline
06-27-2010, 01:42 PM
Another early game for Sox and Giants ... then home for the week to face the RAYS ouch ... yay !

Clydegirl
06-27-2010, 09:19 PM
I'm glad we didn't go to that game today.

Royals win. It was bad enought listening to it on the radio on the way home.

EZMONEY
06-28-2010, 12:36 AM
RESULTS THROUGH 6/27

EZMONEY ~ DODGERS and WHITE SOX ~ 79 WINS ~

SWEET-C ~ RED SOX and METS ~ 89 WINS ~ 2nd Place

BIG BIRD ~ CARDINALS and MARINERS ~ 77 WINS

COLORADO D ~ ROCKIES and phillies ~ 79 WINS ~

BILL ~ RED SOX ~ 46

SHANNON ~ BRAVES and RED SOX ~ 90 WINS ~ 1st Place

EZMONEY
06-28-2010, 10:23 AM
Taking that 4 run lead into the 9th and losing was brutal....

those damn yankees

Shannon in ATL
06-28-2010, 10:52 AM
Bad week for the Braves... Heyward is going to miss a couple of games with his thumb, which I think is good. He has been playing on it injured for a while and needs to take some time to recover.

Slashnl
06-28-2010, 02:09 PM
Won only 1 in the series with the Angels. Now on to the Padres. Oh great. I just wish they weren't on such a roll and we weren't on such a downturn. Oh well.

Clydegirl
06-28-2010, 05:47 PM
3 against the D'Backs.

We are going tonight. It should be nice. Humidity low and in the 80's.

Sweetcaroline
06-28-2010, 07:31 PM
Okay enough with the broken bones here... Our starting catcher broke his thumb this weekend... considered 'minor' but added to the 2 guys with broken ribs, Pedroia with a broken foot... a few other players with strains and sprains, we are the walking wounded...

Clydegirl... the humitidy is gross here too... not quite 80%, but bothersome.. and I won't be sitting outside with people stuck to me... lol...

Clydegirl
06-29-2010, 01:25 AM
:carrot:

That's a win. Great 9th inning.

Busch stadium was rocking. Down 5-3 and came back to win 6-5. Some weird plays from the D-Backs.

Lovely night for baseball. Not too hot and the humidity was down Caroline.

EZMONEY
06-29-2010, 09:44 AM
Love it when we beat the giants....

so glad to be out of inter-league play...4-11

Slashnl
06-29-2010, 11:11 AM
We beat the Padres! Yay! Jimenez pitched and he's just so good. I hope our next two games can help us get a little closer in the standings!

Sweetcaroline
06-29-2010, 08:19 PM
The Rays are here for 2... they can be fiesty...
It's been absolutely gorgeous here today... 85 sunny and dry...
nice night for a game...

Are you guys voting for All Stars ?

Enjoy the games... :corn:

Clydegirl
06-29-2010, 08:53 PM
I voted already, not all Cardinals. I picked the best players I thought at each position so as we can beat the American League :)

I voted in the AL, but I don't know the players very well.

Another game against the D'Backs.

Sweetcaroline
06-29-2010, 10:51 PM
Yankees lost to Seattle and Sox are winning 8-1 in the 8th
It's a beautiful thing........ :)

Clydegirl
06-29-2010, 11:29 PM
Yankees lost to Seattle and Sox are winning 8-1 in the 8th
It's a beautiful thing........ :)

Cliff Lee pitching. I like.

Clydegirl
06-30-2010, 12:53 AM
Won 8-0.

Nice win for Waino.

Shannon in ATL
06-30-2010, 12:54 AM
I've never voted for All Star players before. Hm.

Clydegirl
06-30-2010, 09:41 AM
So many injured players at the moment, all around the league.

EZMONEY
06-30-2010, 09:44 AM
2 in a row against those giants!

looks like MANNY may be out for a while too with another possible hamstring injury running the bases last night. He was hitting so well again, .322 avg. with a little pop coming back...

Slashnl
06-30-2010, 05:13 PM
Well, we got 2 wins in a row from the Padres. It's early, but we're down 2-0 right now. Would be nice to have a sweep!!

Sweetcaroline
06-30-2010, 07:30 PM
:yes: Stay Positive Everyone :yes:Easy for me to say right now...

Pedroia was seen on the practice field today, in his cast, on his knees, catching and throwing... he's unbelievable... 6 more weeks on DL...

I have to look more carefully, but I'm not sure any of our All Star nominees would be able to play... many are on the DL... :?:

Sweetcaroline
06-30-2010, 07:31 PM
Cliff Lee pitching. I like.

Thank you Mr. Lee....
Maybe you'll be a Red Sox soon... lots of rumors here :smoking:

Sweetcaroline
06-30-2010, 07:36 PM
2 in a row against those giants!

looks like MANNY may be out for a while too with another possible hamstring injury running the bases last night. He was hitting so well again, .322 avg. with a little pop coming back...

Boston called them Manny's Handy Hamstrings...

Sweetcaroline
06-30-2010, 07:40 PM
Well, we got 2 wins in a row from the Padres. It's early, but we're down 2-0 right now. Would be nice to have a sweep!!

Ouch !

Clydegirl
06-30-2010, 09:11 PM
Thank you Mr. Lee....
Maybe you'll be a Red Sox soon... lots of rumors here :smoking:

And here too :D

You can probably afford him more than us. I'd love to see him wearing the birds on the bat.

Clydegirl
06-30-2010, 09:15 PM
What is it with this team? Can't sweep a series.

Can't win against a rookie pitcher called up from the minors pitching his first game in the majors.

We need another starter, um Cliff Lee please :)

2 starters on the DL . Ludwick and Freese injured.

Sweetcaroline
06-30-2010, 09:41 PM
B I L L, calling :coach: B I L L...

BillBlueEyes
06-30-2010, 10:52 PM
Just wandered by to see Tampa Bay score another run; D*RN - a sweep is what we need now.

Waving to all.

Clydegirl
07-01-2010, 10:03 AM
July 1st. We have some good series coming up this month including the Dodgers, Rockies, Phillies and Cubs.

We need Luddy and Freese playing again.

Who's going to get Lee??? Doubt it will be us.

Haren said this week he'd like to play here again. Don't know if that will happen.

Sweetcaroline
07-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Just wandered by to see Tampa Bay score another run; D*RN - a sweep is what we need now.

Waving to all.

Waving back....
... Dice K for Cliff Lee and an outfielder... oh ya, go for it Theo !

EZMONEY
07-01-2010, 10:07 PM
Swept those giants....

looks like we will get swept in making a deal too....dang!

This divorce of the Dodgers owners is really messing up our TEAM!

Sweetcaroline
07-01-2010, 10:47 PM
Gosh... I don't like game-less nights...

Clydegirl
07-01-2010, 11:22 PM
We are playing the Brewers 4 games.

They are up 4-1 at the moment.

Slashnl
07-02-2010, 03:00 PM
We had a win against the Giants last night. Kind of nice to be in 3rd place at least!
Gary, you're headed to the DBacks. I heard that they cleared house in management and coaching. Should be interesting to see how they react to it on the field.

EZMONEY
07-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Yep DIANE...should be interesting with an old DODGER HERO...Kirk Gibson running the show now for the moment. I love Kirk Gibson!

Sweetcaroline
07-02-2010, 09:02 PM
Baltimore Orioles are here for the weekend... Usually we are in a firecracker :bomb: of a series with the Yanks over the 4th ... but I guess you can't have everything...

We've added 2 more players to the DL :yikes:... Jason Varitek is the second catcher to be on the DL, he fractured his foot, and a reliever; Delcarmen with a bad forearm... it's getting scary :( that makes 10 guys on DL....
BILL, what position do you play ?, you might be getting a call from Theo... ;)

Ova and out from the Nation...

Enjoy your games :corn:

EZMONEY
07-02-2010, 10:10 PM
Have you considered a TEAM doctor NATION?

Sweetcaroline
07-02-2010, 10:19 PM
This divorce of the Dodgers owners is really messing up our TEAM!

I hear Bravo is looking to do a new series about you guys...The Real Fans Of LA

{again with the sick humor :D }

EZMONEY
07-02-2010, 10:21 PM
I hear Bravo is looking to do a new series about you guys...The Real Fans Of LA

{again with the sick humor :D }

Fun-E :hug:

BillBlueEyes
07-02-2010, 10:24 PM
BILL, what position do you play ?, you might be getting a call from Theo... ;)

No joy - Theo DID call, apparently they didn't want a Right Fielder with an attitude. "Been There, Done That" was all he'd say.

But do like our win tonight.

Clydegirl
07-03-2010, 01:43 AM
Nice win tonight against the Brew Crew. Garcia looked good on the mound.

The game tonight was for the troops.

EZMONEY
07-03-2010, 02:15 AM
Yep DIANE...should be interesting with an old DODGER HERO...Kirk Gibson running the show now for the moment. I love Kirk Gibson!

I HATE kirk gibson :mad:

Clydegirl
07-03-2010, 11:49 AM
We are going to the game today.

Hope to see some fireworks.

EZMONEY
07-03-2010, 11:51 AM
Just about to head out and walk in the local parade with these goldens of mine...geeky dog owners here will be all red white and blue....

then home to a bbq here....

have a great week-end TEAM!

Sweetcaroline
07-03-2010, 04:30 PM
I'm trying to look at the brighter side of this...
If we can be 0.5 game out of first place with all of these crazy injuries...
We are going to be awesome when everybody gets back...:yes:
A season of fantastic replacements how lucky we are... !

Enjoy ! :corn:

Clydegirl
07-04-2010, 12:22 AM
:censored:

What an awful game. Carp did not look good. It did not help that the defense was so bad.

The only fireworks we saw were the ones at the Arch on the way home.

Clydegirl
07-04-2010, 06:52 PM
What a difference a day makes. Amazing isn't it?

Complete game from Wainwright.

EZMONEY
07-05-2010, 01:52 PM
RESULTS THROUGH 7/4

TEAM ~ We are half way there :)

EZMONEY ~ DODGERS and WHITE SOX ~ 87 WINS ~

SWEET-C ~ RED SOX and METS ~ 95 WINS ~ 2nd Place

BIG BIRD ~ CARDINALS and MARINERS ~ 79 WINS

COLORADO D ~ ROCKIES and phillies ~ 86 WINS ~

BILL ~ RED SOX ~ 49

SHANNON ~ BRAVES and RED SOX ~ 97 WINS ~ 1st Place

EZMONEY
07-05-2010, 01:56 PM
Well we took 2 of 3 from the Snakes and their new manager Mr. Gibson.

Our 2 All-Stars did well too...Ethier and Broxton.....

As always some deserving players were left off the All-Stars and some maybe not so deserving right now were added....

Clydegirl
07-05-2010, 03:15 PM
And we're off to Denver, Colorado.

Hi Diane.

Sweetcaroline
07-05-2010, 07:13 PM
Sox in Tampa for 3 important games...
Dice K pitching tonight.. they now call him "trick or treat"... he's known to walk the bases loaded a few times in a game, and then we hold our breaths while he gets out of it...or he's lights out... crazy...

Enjoy your games... :corn:

Sweetcaroline
07-05-2010, 09:57 PM
CONGRATS ALL-STARS
:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Slashnl
07-06-2010, 11:39 AM
And we're off to Denver, Colorado.

Hi Diane.

Welcome to Denver! I hope we're not very gracious hosts!! ;)

Clydegirl
07-06-2010, 02:40 PM
Diane we have Hawksworth going tonight. He's starting because Penny and Lohse are still on the DL :(

Who knows what will happen.

Clydegirl
07-07-2010, 01:25 AM
You've got to be kidding me!!!!!!

EZMONEY
07-07-2010, 01:37 AM
Whatsa matter BIG BIRD?...9 run 9th gotcha down?

Reminds me of a game we had week ago Sunday against those yankees...

hugs to you and Diane!

Clydegirl
07-07-2010, 10:43 AM
I'm speechless.

Slashnl
07-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Clyde, I have to say that I'm speechless too. Wow. My son had baseball practice last night, so I had listened on the radio for awhile. Then, had a mad scramble trying to feed the livestock and get things done. I came in to watch the news and they said that they were tied, so I switched over really quick to see the end. Amazing. Fun for me, not so much for you, Clyde.

Sweetcaroline
07-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Boy, do we need relief pitching ! and a couple of starters wouldn't be bad.
We lost first 2 games to Tampa... now 3.5 back... we really need to win tonight...

Incredible story of that fan who fell out of the stands in Texas... glad he's ok.

EZMONEY
07-07-2010, 08:29 PM
[COLOR="Blue"]Boy, do we need relief pitching ! and a couple of starters wouldn't be bad.

Since when are YOU a DODGER FAN? ;)

Clydegirl
07-07-2010, 08:35 PM
The Randy Winn experiment should be over. I see why the Yankees got rid of him.

Sweetcaroline
07-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Since when are YOU a DODGER FAN? ;)

:D
Hey... your rocking and rolling out there huh ? ....earthquake :D

Sweetcaroline
07-07-2010, 09:58 PM
The Randy Winn experiment should be over. I see why the Yankees got rid of him.

The Randy Winn experiment :stir: ... LOL... cute...

We've got our own experiment going here... how many 'walks' can you throw, before I throw something at the TV... :(

Gotta get back to my All Star final voting...
Mass senator Kerry made a public 'plea' for everyone to vote for Youk... (the senator was trying to make up for a few Red Sox gaffes last year, like not knowing who Papi was...
Then the Swisher camp came out with their own plea... stupid people... now its a Yanks vs. Red Sox battle... :(

EZMONEY
07-07-2010, 10:20 PM
:D
Hey... your rocking and rolling out there huh ? ....earthquake :D

Just a little 5.7..or 5.9...or 5.4 depending on what station....Hardly worth the effort of moving away from the shelves ;)

Clydegirl
07-08-2010, 12:29 AM
OMG they did it again.

I wish Tony LaRussa would stop micro-managing the pitchers in the bullpen. Leave the pitchers in and let them get the job done. One pitcher one batter aagghhh.

7-7 bottom of the 8th.