LA Weight Loss - Friends and Losers June 1-15

View Full Version : Friends and Losers June 1-15

Hoochie
06-02-2010, 12:14 PM
Just saying good morning! It was an awesome weekend. My son graduated from high school and I was a proud Mom.
I didnt lose the ten pounds I wanted to but I am on my way there. Last night I was at boot camp again. Today I can hardly move my legs. We did lots of running and squats. It really hurts but it also feels so good!
I am proud of myself for continuing to go to my boot camp, its been quite an experience.Now that I have my exericse routine going, I need to concentrate on my meal plan.
I know I am going to look great by July, thats my goal!!!

Joan

Hoochie
06-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Oh ya, I put a picture of my son on my profile picture from his grad. It's a Mom thing!!!! What can I say.
Isnt he handsome!

Mama Nicole
06-03-2010, 12:39 PM
Joan.....your son is adorable........I would be bragging about him too. And, congrats on keeping him alive this long. It is a real Mom accomplishment :)

Wow, what has our little group of losers become? Maybe we have all moved on to new social networks, who knows........but this was/is my first love. I have always loved the unconditional support that flows through this forum, so I will continue to check back every now and then and see if it is hopping again :)

Life is pretty smooth for me right now. My oldest DD is living in Wisconsin now, and we have the baby......who is not really a baby anymore......she just turned two in May. I really need to potty train her (she is ready), but I just don't feel like it. The kids are all out of school, and so far that has been going really well. My DH is working lots, so that is good. My family is healthy, including my Dad, who gave us a real scare earlier this year. So, all in all, life is good. Now, if I would just allow myself to take better care of myself, life would be more complete.

I have made a good effort to do so. I went for bloodwork I was supposed to go for in January last week, I colored my hair yesterday, and I have a doc appointment tomorrow to make sure I am in good health. My plan is to begin a nice, simple eating and exercising plan no later than Monday, but most likely before. I am feeling the vibes, and I am worth it. How about you?
XOXO

juliemarie
06-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Joan-your son is a cutie-love a guy that can wear pink!

yeah-so haven't been around here much-not sure I really fit in the the LAWL group anymore since I'm not following the diet. It's strange-whenever i have a diet that worked for me once (but then regained)-I'm not successful at doing it again. Can't seem to find the motivation.

Did any of you see the Grey's Anatomy with the extremely obese man? I pretty much cried throughout that entire episode. I'm so afraid that I'm going to end up like that.

I have a (almost) 4 yr old that needs me to be more active and not exhausted at the end of the day. I'm so heavy I can't even exercise much-if I go on a walk-I hurt for days. My knee is killing me, my feet, the BONES in my legs ache.

So-I'm going to a seminar next week to get more info regarding baratric surgery. The success rate for keeping weight off from diet and exercise after a few years is like 5%. While you can regain weight after surgery-the success rate is about 75%. I had hoped I could be that 5% but I've regained and lost the same 50-75 lbs over and over. I don't mean to discourage anyone (I'm morbidly obese. BMI>50) but my situation is getting life-threatening. And while the idea of surgery scares the bejeesus out of me and I feel like such a failure to even consider it-it may be my only choice. And it's not an easy way out-you have to follow a diet plan and exercise-I'm hoping that it's going to give me the boost I need to be successful.

Anyway-that's why I've been quiet. I've lurked a bit on the WLS forum but I've been wanting to talk about it but am afraid to tell people IRL (except my mom) because I'm just not sure how they will react.

JLem311
06-03-2010, 02:03 PM
hello everyone. just popping in here to say hi. i posted a new pic in my profile as well..it's before my DH left. things are well with me. still plugging along with my workouts (consistently 4-5 days/week for a YEAR!!) and doing good with my eating. i'm almost back to my pre-pregnancy weight and my girl just turned a year at the end of april, so not too bad. ;) other than that, i'm just taking it all day by day and trying to make something of this whole "single, but married" life since i've got a whole year of it ahead of me.

hope everyone is doing well and remembering to take good care of themselves.

Mama Nicole
06-04-2010, 07:42 PM
JM........I think your plan to go to the seminar is fantastic. You will always fit in here, so don't even think of going away. Let us know what you learn. You are super smart, and well educated (not many have both), so getting informed on this will help you make the best decision for you. Whatever you do......don't give up on your health :) I know you won't.......just felt like I had to say that :)
XOXO

Mama Nicole
06-04-2010, 07:45 PM
P.S. I have reached an all time high WI .....I am now officially 100 pounds overweight. I am not celebrating.

JLem311
06-04-2010, 09:59 PM
P.S. I have reached an all time high WI .....I am now officially 100 pounds overweight. I am not celebrating.

yeeeeaaaahhhhh Nicole! :carrot: oh wait, i mean :ink: ooops, not that i mean, :kickbutt:...with lots of :hug: and :drill: i'll be on you to get yourself back in gear!

and JM, i agree with Nicole! let us know how things are going and please stay around here!

Mama Nicole
06-04-2010, 10:07 PM
Love you, GI Jillian :) xoxo

JLem311
06-04-2010, 10:11 PM
thanks! i try! i'm all about the tough love!

juliemarie
06-05-2010, 01:08 AM
Thanks guys. I really appreciate the support. I told a couple of friends tonight that I've only known the last 2 years who have no clue of my dieting history and they were also so supportive about whatever I decide to do.. I know I'll meet resistance at some point (likely from family members) but it's soooo nice
to know who my true friends are. Funny since we've never met huh?

BTW-did you watch Jillian's show this week? It had a family who at least 2 members had bypass surgery and the father gained back all his weight. I got really frustrated with Jillian at first when they went to the gym and pushed them to do things i KNOW I couldn't do without passing out! I actually really respect Jillian but shows like this and the Biggest Loser aren't always very realistic. Who can work out for hours a day? It's just not practical.

However-she did seem to make a difference in the family-and I guess that makes it worth it. I hope they can keep it up!

mj2007
06-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Hi Ladies

I haven't had much chance to post lately.Life is just crazy busy wrapping up my research thesis, working part-time and trying to live healthy.

Joan- Your son looks adorable in pink :))....you must be a proud mom.

Nicole- You are so worth it!I guess it is impractical to think that every day of our lives would be the same.What matters is not to give up and fighting your way back to where you wanna be.

Jillian- you two look so cute together :). The year would pass in a blink.

JM- You go girl!Not many people would have the guts to take that step.You know your own body better than the others and what is best for you.

TBL is in a way impractical as every other reality show.Most of us don't have the luxury to just focus on losing weight for months.However, I have seen that picking an activity that you love and adding variety to your diet helps a lot.

Anyone watched "Losing it with Jillian" on NBC Jun 1st ? I missed that episode.I am also looking forward to Jillian Talk show next year.

Joni135
06-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Hi everyone. With the exception of MJ, I was shocked to see so many "old" regulars posting. Julie - I feel the same way as you do...I try something once and then move on (except WW which I have probably attempted 20 times in my lifetime!).
I guess I'm most proud of Joan and Jillian who continue to do so well in both the exercise and eating categories...keep it up ladies...know that you are an inspiration.
I'm doing fine....hovering at 172 and need to lose 30 lbs to consider myself somewhat healthy. Aging is not my friend and I truly believe I need to exercise hard six days a week to see progress...and, of course, turn away from a lot of food addictions I seem to have lately.
Yes, Nicole, I'm more of a facebooker and emailer these days....but glad I took the time to check things out today. I actually came to the 3FC site to find some encouraging words for a friend who started a program, but her biggest concern is she cannot drink for 4 months (she's very social and that involves drinking for her). Anything you've read or seen that I can send her way, please share!

Mama Nicole
06-07-2010, 04:06 PM
JONI...........as I was logging in, I was thinking, wow...it would be really nice to see Joni's face here....and tada!!!! :) Aging is bull$hit..........no doubt about it, but you, my friend, are young at heart, and will never grow truly old :)

I am proud to report that I practiced great self control over the weekend. We did tons of yard work and opened the pool, so I got plenty of activity also :) Yay me! I am mostly counting calories via fitday.com. I am trying to keep it all balanced too....but I have been somewwhat veggie deficient lateyl. I will try to get more in this week. Oh, man, baby girl needs me....it is way past her naptime. I will check back soon. Keep fighting, ladies :)
XOXO

JLem311
06-08-2010, 01:06 PM
just thought i'd check in and say hello...my day is crazy already and i figured i'd say hi really quick. :)
keep up the motivation and keep investing in yourself!

Joni135
06-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Nicole - thanks for the kind words..... Too bad kind words don't equate to weight loss...you'd be a very skinny girl indeed!! I was pretty good yesterday foodwise, but need to step it up with the exercise.....going to search around the 3FC site for motivation....there is so much out here to read and it truly is my "go to" site for all things diet/getting healthy related!

BarbaraB
06-09-2010, 10:20 PM
JM, I've considered that lap band surgery myself. So there are several options out there and it only makes sense to look them all over and make an informed choice. It really is a reasonable course of action to take, given that you are 15 times more likely to succeed with it than without it. Still its a scary step to take, so if you decide not to go through with it, that's understandable too. You have to do what feels right to you.
Joan, what a cutie your son is! You should be proud. Of him and your boot camp dedication.

Nicole, You are brave for getting on a scale. I've implemented the don't ask don't tell policy between my scale and me... and I don't think that is exactly the most healthiest thing ever.

Joni, I'm contemplating WW. Somehow in all my years of dieting I've never really done that one. Perhaps online. I think the idea of the public weigh in caused me to not go. Heck I can't even handle private ones!

JerseyMadchen
06-09-2010, 10:39 PM
HEY guys!!!

Just wanted to stop in and say hello on a whim! I see a lot of you on Facebook, but wanted to stop in!

I've lost 15lbs with WW, and it's stayed off so far, no gains! Am working out like a fiend! Zumba 2 days a week, spinning 2 days, C25K and walking the other 1-2 days. Fun! Oh, and tennis is starting up!

And even better?? I'm going back to school full time in the fall! I'll be leaving dh a few days of the week to stay with my mom in NJ, but I'll be back in school! Holla!! I am so excited. I'm brokenhearted at the thought of missing dh, but he's supportive and I can see him when I want, just drive 4.5 hours!

Anyways, gotta run! DH and I are going to VA Beach this weekend for a weekend away by ourselves and I am SO excited!

Be good to yourselves girls!

Mama Nicole
06-09-2010, 11:35 PM
Barbara.....I had the same policy with my sclae.......and then I braved it.......and I think it died laughing.....literally. The next time I tried it, it quit on me. I went to Target and got a new one, and so far we have a pretty good friendship starting. Ha ha ha.

I don't know what exactly it is that makes us stop and/or start taking care of ourselves, but Jillian and I had great discussion about this just today. I just know that Jillian has consistently practiced and practiced, and has truly made the, "lifestyle," change. I mean, dang....check out her ticker!!!!

Anyway.......must get a healthy snack and get the end of this day in sight :)
XOXO

juliemarie
06-10-2010, 02:13 AM
Well I went to the seminar and I'm going to go ahead and start the process and see how it goes! I have a lot of lab work and some appts to do-including a sleep study. I know I have sleep apnea but haven't bothered being diagnosed since i don't think I'd be able to wear the mask. However-due to the apnea and my subsequent sleep disorders I've developed since then (sleeping with a light on, etc), i doubt I've had a decent nite's sleep in over 2 years. I wake up like every hour. That alone wreaks havoc on your body and makes you gain weight. I am always sleep deprived-I fall asleep at my desk, at red lights, while driving (!!!). So-I know it will likely be a good thing to get done. Plus-you have to wear a mask during the surgery and post-op or they won't do it. Makes sense-if you're under anesthesia and stop breathing you might not "wake up" like normal.

Anyway-it's a 3-6 mo process. Have to lose some weight before surgery to lessen as much abdominal fat as possible (safer for the surgery) and to get you ready for your new diet post-op. I may not need to feel out of place her after all-it's very much a low carb, low fat, high protein diet.

The worst part? No more diet coke. Ever. I told my mom this-and she's all-but what about rum and cokes? nope. Actually you can have soda if it doesn't make your stomach hurt-but it will stretch the pouch. So you can, but you SHOULDN'T. No carbonated beverages.

The only other kinda hard thing-no drinking with within 30 min of a meal or during the meal. But you need 64 oz of water a day-basically no more than 1 oz at a time. Talk about being attached to a water bottle!

I'm looking at bypass and not lapband. It's what the surgeon recommends for best success.

I'm so proud of you guys for hanging in there and I'm looking forward to losing weight so that i can maybe start exercising regularly-a new gym opened up down the road that looks promising. Just need my knees to start cooperating.

So far I've gotten support from everyone I've told save one of my best friends. She started asking me what types of exercise routines I've tried. It really pissed me off-I KNOW how to exercise. I KNOW what to do to lose fat and build muscle. I've done it. I don't really LIKE to exercise-but I used to do it when I had a life . . . anyway-kinda made me mad. She's known me for a long time-through several ups and downs. I thought she's understand. But then-folks who have no issues with food and have always incorporated exercise into their life don't understand food addictions and people who prefer to be couch potatoes (not that I think that's okay). She also doesn't stress eat. *****! ;)

Mama Nicole
06-10-2010, 10:39 AM
I fricken love JM. You just never have to guess how she feels. I admire that in a person :)

Girl......it sucks that you are not getting the support you need from a bestie. Unfortunately, you just can't always make some people understand. And you are right..........if she has never experienced addiction.........she will never get it. I think my DH is predisposed to feel that way (long line of simple thinkers), but is educated and experienced enough to broaden his horizons. It is hard for him though, I can tell. Addicition runs strong in our family....food, alcohol, drugs, and I'll tell you...............had DH not met and fell in love with my family, he's probably still be of the mindset that if someone wants it bad enough, they'll just quit.

Hopefully, you will be that person in her life that broadens her horizons, but don't hold your breath. I hope, for your sake, as well as hers, that she learns about all of this and the experience of being your friend helps her become a better person. If not, slap the hoe!

Well, in other news, I am happy to report, that I have 6 days under my belt of eating healthy. It is the honeymoon phase, and I am well aware of that..........but I am taking this one day at a time, and building myself some great new habits. You all know the 21 day habit theory.......and I am about 1/3 of the way to that....so that's cool. Baby steps, baby steps....:)
XOXO

mj2007
06-10-2010, 12:05 PM
JM...I truly admire you and wish you very best in whatever you do.

Food addiction...Nicole, funny that you mention that it runs in certain families.But you can develop food addiction over time as well.I was a stick thin child always...because I hated food. My mother started giving me all the food that i could tolerate to get me to eat...you guessed it....potatoes....ice cream...fried stuff....junk! I was a teenager and metabolized it all....but the trouble started when I hit mid twenties and got diagnosed with PCOS.

Anyways...today i am free from that addiction thing.I can say that for sure that I do not spend my days thinking about my next meal.I am so busy that I simply don't have the time.I keep home cooked or healthy food in the fridge and just take out whatever I feel like at that time.

I do "taste" everything. Like I added a scoop of frozen yogurt to my morning smoothie as I write this.I had a hotdog this Saturday...not soy dog or veggie dog....the real thing with 17 gm of fat.I savor a piece of dark chocolate with my coffee in the evenings.
And yes...I am still losing weight. "Moderation" is the key...whether food or exercise.I have finally learnt when to say no...therefore I have recovered from my addiction and i am proud of that.

JM- I am sure you can sip diet soda now and then...and nothing tastes as good as the first few sips or bites. I learnt this trick from " French women don't get fat" and have been following ever since. It is working for me.

Take care all and have a good weekend!

juliemarie
06-10-2010, 01:37 PM
Ha! Yes-I guess I don't mince words, huh? (: It's true that you pretty much can just look at me to know how I feel about something. Josie's funny though-she's always feeling me out. "Mama? Are you happy?" She usually asks me this when I start to get frustrated with her. I'm kind of like the Hulk-"don't make my angry. You won't like me when i'm angry!"

Again-thanks for the support-you have no idea how much I appreciate it. And I'm very inspired by all of you and what you've accomplished!

MJ-even if I can drink soda-I think I'll be too worried about stretching the pouch. I would be that soda is one of the reasons some people gain back their weight. That and milkshakes or any other high-calorie liquid.

I'll shut up about all this for awhile! It's been a little all-consuming of my brain lately.

So-this weekend is Josie's birthday (4!) and I'm so happy that it's finally going to start to look like summer around here starting tomorrow! We've had over 8 in of rain since may 1st. We topped our ave June rainfall on like the 3rd day of June and now have more than doubled it. Crazy. But her party's at a park with a fountain and it looks like it will be sunny and in the 80s! yay!

MomOfThreeTeens
06-10-2010, 10:16 PM
Man this place is hard to find now! I'm gonna bookmark it! Just wanted to drop in and say hi! GI Jillian, I need a huge butt kick to get back in gear! :-) I know that its unrealistic to think that just because you lose weight once that you'll never have to do it again. Its going to be a life long struggle for me, but man does it ever piss me off! LOL I've got a whole closet full of cute size 10's that I would love to get back in! I dont even care what the final number on the scale is (never did) I just want to be able to fit into my favorite jeans again! I'm out of school for the summer so no excuses for not taking care of myself! I promise to check in more often! Good to "see" some familiar faces!
Julie Marie- Good luck sweetie! I have a friend that had the surgery and I walked past her at the mall and didnt recognize her! She's been overweight our whole lives. I'm glad she found something that worked for her!
OHHH one more thing- I've got to get my tushie back in shape, gotta have the energy to chase a grandbaby!! I'm gonna be a grandmother in August! My oldest son and his wife are expecting a baby girl!!! :cb:

JLem311
06-11-2010, 09:57 AM
GI Jillian to the rescue for you KIM!!!
as it's been said before, it doesn't have to be a life long struggle for you. if you make small changes everyday and stick with them, they'll become habits and you'll eventually make it a part of your daily life. that's what i did with the exercise and i've been working out consistently 4-5 day a week for a whole year...and i'm never going to stop either. the same for the way i eat too. i know that i need to be at my best for myself and my family and at this point in my life i can say that i'm doing everything in my power possible and i'm at the best Jillian that i've ever been in my 28yrs of life. i've invested in the most important thing that i could put all of my energy into: MYSELF. i feel that when you don't do good things for yourself, it's like disrespecting your body and devaluing yourself. you wouldn't want anyone else to do that to you, so why do it to yourself, ya know?

ok, i'm stepping off of my soapbox now..and going to stop rambling. i don't know if that even made any sense.

BarbaraB
06-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Jillian, that made perfect sense. Good that you don't see it as a struggle, but it is something you will need to be vigilant about for the rest of your life. For me I know I've made many lifestyle changes, but still my weight has crept back up. It is easy to let yourself enjoy life a bit more than you should, since I have my "margarita moments" and times when dang it, I want some cake too. Mostly I'm good to myself though. Menopause sneaking up on me is making it so much harder though. The last month or so I started using some progesterone cream and I'm feeling a lot better. I had a few hot flashes (horrible things!) before I started and I was really feeling like I was falling apart and in a fog, but that is gone now. I do think your hormones out of whack can make those prone towards bad eating habits fall off the edge a bit.

Kim, congrats on the grandbaby. How exciting! I too would just be happy to get back to a size 10. I don't really care what the scale says... that is a good goal. Just one size down for me.

JM, Diet Coke is poison anyway, you don't need it. It is a small thing to give up to get your health back. I had a former brother in law (father to my nephew) that had sleep apnea and was obese. He died at 42 of heart failure when no one knew he had any heart problems. He just didn't wake up one morning, and really how awful was that for his wife, widowed at age 35. Anyway, the point is that now is the time to do something.

Mama Nicole
06-14-2010, 10:48 AM
Good morning everyone :)

I am just checking in quickly before I begin my week of craziness. I have dentist and doctor appointments for 4 kids, and myself this week....yuck. I figured I might as well get them all over with in one week as to not disrupt the entire summer. The timing is kind of not so great, as my friend TOM decided to pop in for a visit. It's not a big deal, but he tends to get on my nerves a bit and I sometimes feel a bit edgy and impatient....which does not work out so great with taking kids out in public, but we'll deal. :)

I am still standing strong with my calorie counting. Thank goodness for fitday.com. It is going better than I thought it would, and I am happy. I hope you are all doing well, and if you have been having a rough time....there is no better time than right this second to turn it around. You are worth it :)
XOXO

Kimphin
06-14-2010, 04:10 PM
I fricken love JM. You just never have to guess how she feels. I admire that in a person :) I love JM too!!!

Unfortunately, you just can't always make some people understand. And you are right..........if she has never experienced addiction.........she will never get it. I think my DH is predisposed to feel that way (long line of simple thinkers), but is educated and experienced enough to broaden his horizons. It is hard for him though, I can tell. Addicition runs strong in our family....food, alcohol, drugs, and I'll tell you...............had DH not met and fell in love with my family, he's probably still be of the mindset that if someone wants it bad enough, they'll just quit.

Nicole - it must be the engineer in him, my DH thinks the same way. I have contemplated WLS too, and a friend of ours just had it done, which brought the subject up again. He seems to think that I just haven't worked out hard enough.... After I was done slapping the cr@p out of him, I reminded him that I worked out 5 days a week from January - April, and lost.... 8 lbs. I don't mean to make him out to be a total moron, beause he did ultimately say that if I truly chose WLS he would support the decision.

JM - I am so happy for you, and you know that we all support you no matter what. As for not following LAWL anymore - well, I don't think that many of us are. I keep coming back here because I truly believe that all of you are wonderful, supportive people. and I do not want to head out to another forum to make different 3FC friends, cuz I have the best ones right here (or on FB, but this is still our little world here, right?)

JLem311
06-14-2010, 05:16 PM
just thought i'd stop in and say hi to everyone!

JLem311
06-15-2010, 11:33 AM
morning all..just thought i'd check in now, while my dolly is napping and before my day gets crazy.
so does anyone have any great plans for the summer? i'd love to live vicariously through someone since i'm on "baby arrest" until DH comes home.
btw, he's doing well, made it to his final destination yesterday (or whatever day it was there) they're 9.5hrs ahead of central time, so it's weird for me to think that if he calls in the morning, it's nighttime there for him.
i've sent him a package last week and he just got it today, so that was quicker than i thought. :)
anyway, the weight-loss and exercise are still working for me and i'm only a few pounds away from my pre-pregnancy goal. i'll move my goal down once i make this one. not sure where i really want to end up, but as one of the Kim's said, it's not really about the numbers, just the clothes (i have so many pre-preg jeans that i could wear!!!) and feeling overall healthy and great...which i already do.

oh and Kim---congrats on the grandchild! any names picked out yet? my brother and his wife are expecting their 2nd child already..their first baby will turn 1yr old next month and then they're due in early november. they've certainly got their work cut out for themselves.

well, i think i've written a book by now. hope everyone is doing well and keeping up on here. and if you're LURKING..jump in and post. at the very least, to just say hi, even if you don't have anything to contribute. :)

sure do miss some faces around here.

mj2007
06-15-2010, 01:12 PM
hey all

sorry i havent posted much lately...life is crazy as usual. I have to finish my research report this month and I am working this 20 hrs part time job which is nuts...lol. Money is good and it is a customer service position but it is a big retail chain where summer is a big event...therefore I get weekend shifts too which sucks! Especially when it is so bright and sunny outside :(

Well...that is motivation enough to get my degree soonest possible so that I can start a full time engineering job.However, this job made me appreciate the people working long hours in retail stores while many of us firing up our grill with friends and family.

see u later

BarbaraB
06-15-2010, 09:48 PM
Hi Jillian! Sorry you are on "baby arrest". I'm glad you are hearing frequently from your DH. That has to make a hard situation easier to bear. I'm going on an Alaska cruise here soon.

MJ, Hope your research paper is coming along. A month can zip by when you have such a large project to finish up. Wow, you are 6 pounds under goal! That's fabulous. I know, when my DD was working at the local burger chain, suddenly she was motivated to attend college. Not everyone treats employees waiting on them with respect.

Kim, I do think a lot of guys have not really sat down and thought through how difficult it would be to lose weight if they burned a lot less calories. Really when it comes down to it, that is why it is so much harder for women.

mj2007
06-16-2010, 10:53 AM
Thanks Barbara. I have 1 1/2 chapters left to write :) then I submit first draft.I am looking for opportunities but there aren't many in digital logic design in our city. I'll give it a few months then we might move to someplace else if it doesn't work out so well for me.

Hope everyone having a good week!

Kimphin
06-16-2010, 12:14 PM
Baby Arrest, LOL.

So, we moved our offices due to construction, and my hard drive committed suicide after the move. 2 days at work with no computer = me not getting ANYTHING done, because apparently 100% of my work is computer-driven. Sooo frustrating. Back in business now, though, but I have to spend some time re-creating my internet favorites and setting up my desktop to look the way I want. The good news is that I am fairly militaristic about saving things to our network drive, so I didn't lose anything important.

Jillian - if you want to live vicariously through me, we are going to the Outer Banks, NC for the last 2 weeks in July. Making the final payment on the rental house tomorrow! Yay. We go with DH's 2 sisters and their families, so there is 9 of us in a huuuuge house (6BR, 5.5 baths). It is our 6th year going here, and we love it because we don't have to DO anything but go to the beach, go to the pool, and hang out doing puzzles or playing pool.
http://www.twiddy.com/rns/unitimages.twd/b170-pool_380x285.jpghttp://www.twiddy.com/rns/unitimages.twd/b170-exterior_100x70.jpg

LoisKent
06-16-2010, 03:01 PM
Hi everyone I am back for one more shot at this starting in the morning. Cause I really don't think the key lime pie I had for lunch counts as a fruit!!
I am so glad to see some familiar faces . I was afraid everyone else had hit thier goals and left the gang behind. Anyway I am going to hit the goal this time even if it makes every sweet tooth in my head fall out and every fat cell on this butt of mine run to the toothpick thin next door neighbor :)!!!
Does anyone know any really low impact excerciseI can do for a little while? I shattered my ankle during the winter and now have 3 screws and 2 metal plates in there. So that adds another lb to my wieght that I can never lose and attracts every magnetic item within 3 foot (just kidding). I just got all the braces and such taken off last week so I have to take it very easy for a bit but still want to do something to stay moving.
Well off to clean house and go get some fresh vegies for tomorrow !! Take care until we talk again.
Lois

Mama Nicole
06-16-2010, 04:53 PM
Hi friends :)

So nice to see some more familiar faces :) I remember you, Lois....it is good you have come back.

I am almost two weeks in to staying OP, and I am pretty darn excited about it. I am not going to update my ticker until Friday afternoon. I have a doc appt then, and I WI there on the 4th.

Kim.....funny how men of logic struggle, isn't it? And what makes it worse, is my DH can gain say, 20 lbs over a years time, and then low carb for a few months, and he is back to his normal weight........or worse, like now, when he gets on the sclae and says, oh, ****, I guess I better start eating more, I am at 188 (his happy weight is about 200-205). Yeah, there was a smack down to follow.
XOXO

JLem311
06-17-2010, 09:35 AM
kim, that picture really makes me miss living in NC (minus the stifling heat!)--enjoy your time there, but know that i secretly hate you! (hahaha! :) j/k!)

anyways, life is life here with me. still trying to get used to this single mom (with no help!) thing and it's going ok.
i'm still going down and down on the scale. working out super hard and eating well and tracking everything i eat. and lots of water!

Kimphin
06-17-2010, 10:18 AM
worse, like now, when he gets on the sclae and says, oh, ****, I guess I better start eating more, I am at 188 (his happy weight is about 200-205). Yeah, there was a smack down to follow.
XOXO

Oh ****, I may smack him for that one.