Weight Loss Support - Does being sore = water retention?

ncuneo
06-02-2010, 11:10 AM
I've heard that being sore means you are likely retaining water. I did some strength training yesterday and I'm sore today, which is kinda wierd I usually don't get sore anymore and if I do it's not the next day but two days later that I feel it. Anyway, this week is the week in my cycle that I usually see the most (if not all) weight loss (it's the week after TOM) and this morning I was up 1/2 lb. I usually fluctuate like this so I'm not concerned, but durning this week of the month I usually lose 1/2-1lb every day for about 4-5 days then I stall again for a few weeks. So is it likely just water retention?

Rebound
06-02-2010, 11:14 AM
Yeah, probably. Your muscles retain water when they are trying to repair themselves -- which they do after you tear them during a workout. You'll catch up to where you're supposed to be when your body catches up to itself!

sacha
06-02-2010, 11:23 AM
DOMS (Delayed onset muscle retention) and water retention are linked. When you experience DOMS (and muscle fibre tears), you will retain fluid when the muscles become sore and inflammed.

ennay
06-02-2010, 11:25 AM
Yup