Metabolic Research Center - June Thread

View Full Version : June Thread

wendinnc
06-01-2010, 05:17 PM
Now that the holiday weekend is over let's start this month on a fresh note. Good luck everyone. :)

jenkatt
06-01-2010, 05:19 PM
Cruddy weigh in, I was up a pound. The holiday caught up with me, even though I didn't think it was that bad.
Here's to rebooting and starting over....

wendinnc
06-01-2010, 05:21 PM
I decided to start the metaslim days 1-4 on Saturday to make sure I tried my hardest to stick to it over the holiday weekend. I went in today to w/in and lost 1.5 pounds since Friday. So far I am down 7 pounds and am thrilled!! I am hypothyroid and have always had such a difficult time losing any weight so this is a HUGE loss for me. I am sure now that the novelty is wearing off it will come off much slower, but I am determined. I have not had a morsel off program so my willpower thus far has been strong. I pray that I continue to do as well and am only taking one meal at a time..... otherwise I tend to get a little overwhelmed.
I hope you are all doing well.

GWE140
06-01-2010, 09:00 PM
16 months ago I began MRC for the 3rd and last time...I did very well for the first several months losing 60lbs...for the past 6 months it has been a struggle to get to my goal...I have basically been maintaining my loss...My daughter graduated from college three weeks ago and my dad brought me a CD of photos from my last visit to his home, that was Jan 2009 at my absolute heaviest...I had always avoided taking pictures but this time I could not run away from the camera...OMG!!!!! I never saw the pictures and am absolutely taken away at how LARGE I was and how different I looked, completely another person...I have let 10lbs slip on me the past 6 months from training and not staying completely on program...but after seeing those pictures I am NEVER going back to that...NEVER....June goal 10lbs!
Genell

mtgal1453
06-01-2010, 09:07 PM
I had my first official weigh-in today, after finishing the beige menu (Days 1-4), and I lost 4 pounds! That makes my total 8 in a week! I'm very excited about this! Thanks for letting me share!

dmscrap
06-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Yeah! finally a good weigh in! Down 4 lbs this week! Now to stay OP this next week! Good luck to all! :)

Goose
06-01-2010, 10:06 PM
16 months ago I began MRC for the 3rd and last time...I did very well for the first several months losing 60lbs...for the past 6 months it has been a struggle to get to my goal...I have basically been maintaining my loss...My daughter graduated from college three weeks ago and my dad brought me a CD of photos from my last visit to his home, that was Jan 2009 at my absolute heaviest...I had always avoided taking pictures but this time I could not run away from the camera...OMG!!!!! I never saw the pictures and am absolutely taken away at how LARGE I was and how different I looked, completely another person...I have let 10lbs slip on me the past 6 months from training and not staying completely on program...but after seeing those pictures I am NEVER going back to that...NEVER....June goal 10lbs!
Genell

Good for you, Genell! I, too, have let about 10 lbs slip back up on me and started back on green menu (hardcore...no deviations!!!) today. I even exercised and I hate to do that. My goal for the summer is to adjust my attitude toward excercise and begin to look forward to it instead of dreading it. I realize how easily 10 lbs can turn into 15 and so on...and I definitely don't want to be a "fat girl" again. We can do this!

dkmd27
06-01-2010, 11:08 PM
My goal for the summer is to adjust my attitude toward excercise and begin to look forward to it instead of dreading it. I realize how easily 10 lbs can turn into 15 and so on...and I definitely don't want to be a "fat girl" again. We can do this!

Good idea Goose --- I MUST adjust my attitude and set goals....so I think 15 pounds gone in June is my first goal. :dizzy:

snowbuni
06-02-2010, 12:01 AM
I hope everyone had a great holiday! I got to visit the Great Sand Dunes in Colorado...took plenty of H2O and HNS...Used a bar to minimize travel with food in the cooler. Hiking up the sand was a killer workout. I also discovered if I get a little extra unplanned sun to the skin, the body tends to hold onto extra water to compensate. It was worth it and the planning helped me stay on program. :beach:

namaste1969
06-02-2010, 12:38 AM
Cruddy weigh in, I was up a pound. The holiday caught up with me, even though I didn't think it was that bad.
Here's to rebooting and starting over....

Hey Jenkatt,
I know how you feel. I did not adhere to the plan this weekend and it showed at WI today. Rebooting too. Just have to keep looking forward!

GWE140
06-02-2010, 07:20 AM
Good for you, Genell! I, too, have let about 10 lbs slip back up on me and started back on green menu (hardcore...no deviations!!!) today. I even exercised and I hate to do that. My goal for the summer is to adjust my attitude toward excercise and begin to look forward to it instead of dreading it. I realize how easily 10 lbs can turn into 15 and so on...and I definitely don't want to be a "fat girl" again. We can do this!

Thank you...I know how easy it is to gain weight but SO hard to lose it!!! Running has been my lifesaver but still I can gain weight just looking at food...I am trying to learn the balance of my body requirements, and take it a day at a time, i am trying not to shock my body by a low cal/carb diet, I am trying to balance my required nutrient needs while losing weight and staying strong for running, this is a huge struggle. I know we can do it and I am determined to reach my goal this year! Back to basics for the next 3 months and I am not training for any races so it is back to 10-15 miles a week running, very doable while losing weight, I need to keep my body out of starvation mode which practically killed me last spring trying to stay on the green menu and train for a race...YES we can do this!!!

carolinagirlnc
06-02-2010, 08:34 AM
Bad weight in yesterday, up 1.5:mad: from saturday and I did not go off my menu over the holiday weekend. A little discourged but have to look ahead and loss this weight for ever.:D:D

hatethesweatpants
06-02-2010, 08:40 AM
I decided to start the metaslim days 1-4 on Saturday to make sure I tried my hardest to stick to it over the holiday weekend. I went in today to w/in and lost 1.5 pounds since Friday. So far I am down 7 pounds and am thrilled!!

Great job, Wendi! Holidays are hard and you proved that you are strong. I've found it much easier to just make a "No" rule to eating off program. It gives me a lot of freedom and makes decision making muuuuuch easier. Good for you!

hatethesweatpants
06-02-2010, 08:42 AM
I had my first official weigh-in today, after finishing the beige menu (Days 1-4), and I lost 4 pounds! That makes my total 8 in a week! I'm very excited about this! Thanks for letting me share!

:carrot::carrot:Wowza! Congrats!!! :carrot::carrot:

MEEZOOGIRL
06-02-2010, 08:51 AM
Happy June Everyone... I'm back on plan. I was pretty good over the holiday weekend.. We spent a lot of time at the beach.. Next weekend, I'll pack more veggies/fruit to snack on instead of crackers..

Yesterday I was 100% on program. That hasn't happened in a while. I even started my Enhancer/CortiTrim again. It's like having to start all over. The sweet cravings are the worst. I know if I can last til the end of the week, they will be gone, but... It's so hard not to snack at night. Here's to day 2 ON PROGRAM!!!

Mary1011
06-02-2010, 09:46 AM
I hit my 100th day yesterday and celebrated by being OP 100% with no extra snacking. Not even OP foods as a snack here and there.

rn5192008
06-02-2010, 10:01 AM
1st week of recommitment and OP lost 2lbs. I resisted Bday cake, candy and my fav butter pecan ice cream. Yeah for me

wendinnc
06-02-2010, 12:23 PM
...but after seeing those pictures I am NEVER going back to that...NEVER....June goal 10lbs!
Genell

I am with you! I never like having my picture taken and with a 4 and 5 yr old we take alot of pictures and I am NEVER in them by choice. It makes me sad that I don't have any pics of me with my boys. I am determined to get through this and enjoy my life with more zest. I want to be one of those people that can just pull anything out of my closet and not wonder if it will make me look fat!
I want to proudly display a 'skinny' picture of me with my 2 boys. :)

pbolton1
06-02-2010, 12:50 PM
What in the world happened to May?!! It feels for some reason like the summer is slipping away so quickly, and it really hasn't started yet. I think the dreary, chilly, wet, cloudy weather is getting to me here. Hubby worked night shifts for the past couple of weeks, so our body clocks got messed up pretty bad. I've enjoyed the relaxation actually (after my long trip the week before), but I'm wanting to get out and enjoy some nice weather.

I got back from my vacation and got right back OP. I was back down plus another pound on Monday. Yeah!! I think the low carbs are making me sleepy though? Not tired when I'm up, but I just can't wake up once I go to sleep. Or maybe it's just the weather? Hoping it will pass soon. I did buy some liquid B6 & B12 shots to see if that would help some. I read that your body should absorb the liquid faster.

I've been back OP for about eight days now. It is driving me crazy. I have no idea how I managed doing it for over a year originally. I know it will get easier though. Just gotta give myself some time. I am counting down the days to my next big vacation. Going to the Sturgis motorcycle rally in ND. 64 days to go.

pbolton1
06-02-2010, 12:57 PM
I am with you! I never like having my picture taken and with a 4 and 5 yr old we take alot of pictures and I am NEVER in them by choice. It makes me sad that I don't have any pics of me with my boys. I am determined to get through this and enjoy my life with more zest. I want to be one of those people that can just pull anything out of my closet and not wonder if it will make me look fat!
I want to proudly display a 'skinny' picture of me with my 2 boys. :)

I am with you on that one. It is really weird how I could look at myself in the mirror and not see how I really was, but give me a photo and I didn't know who that person was!

Hubby found a picture of me on the computer the other night and made the comment that he had always hated that picture and needed to throw it away. I need to find out which one it is.

Now I can look in the mirror and know if I've gained five pounds. Doesn't mean I do anything about it necessarily, but I know. I still get up every single morning and look at myself naked in the mirror. For the longest time, that was just because I always woke up thinking all the progress would be gone, it was just a dream or something, and I'd be back the way it is. It has just become a habit now sort of like stepping on the scales.

bethyk1980
06-02-2010, 04:04 PM
HI! I'm brand new here! Finished pre-conditioning with at loss of 4.5lbs and then from Sat. to Tues. another .5 lbs. Kindof bothered by the .5 but it's still on the correct route...down! Looking forward to a leaner June. I'm hoping to lose about 10 by my son's first birthday-looks like you all are a pretty upbeat group and that's the support I love!

melNco
06-02-2010, 08:20 PM
just checking in... still on vaca. 1 more week to go..I have been making choices not on plan so I am going to have have to kick butt when I get home.

joanie830
06-02-2010, 11:34 PM
Small victory today!! Over the course of the last two weeks, both my mother and father have had some fairly significant medical issues come up and both of them are stubborn as can be and neither of them are listening to their respective doctor. To make matters worse, I figured out today that I'm going to have put my 13-year-old kitty down tomorrow who is very much a member of our family. Today, I was at my wit's end and all I could think about was.......ice cream.....chocolate.....ANYTHING that isn't on program. My victory? I stayed away! I made it through the day and stayed on program. Emotional eating is why I'm overweight in the first place so I'm so pleased to have resisted!!!

joanie830
06-02-2010, 11:36 PM
1st week of recommitment and OP lost 2lbs. I resisted Bday cake, candy and my fav butter pecan ice cream. Yeah for me

Good job!!
:carrot:

joanie830
06-02-2010, 11:37 PM
HI! I'm brand new here! Finished pre-conditioning with at loss of 4.5lbs and then from Sat. to Tues. another .5 lbs. Kindof bothered by the .5 but it's still on the correct route...down! Looking forward to a leaner June. I'm hoping to lose about 10 by my son's first birthday-looks like you all are a pretty upbeat group and that's the support I love!

Congratulations on five pounds lost. That's wonderful!
:carrot:

Goose
06-02-2010, 11:51 PM
Small victory today!! Over the course of the last two weeks, both my mother and father have had some fairly significant medical issues come up and both of them are stubborn as can be and neither of them are listening to their respective doctor. To make matters worse, I figured out today that I'm going to have put my 13-year-old kitty down tomorrow who is very much a member of our family. Today, I was at my wit's end and all I could think about was.......ice cream.....chocolate.....ANYTHING that isn't on program. My victory? I stayed away! I made it through the day and stayed on program. Emotional eating is why I'm overweight in the first place so I'm so pleased to have resisted!!!

That's no small victory...that's a big one! I'm an emotional eater, too, so I completely understand where you're coming from. Congrats for making the right decision!

skinnysissa
06-03-2010, 12:02 AM
My June goals:
- workout 4-5 days a week
- keep up my water consuption (100 oz)
- loose more than 15lbs this month to get closer to ONEderland!!

eli87marie
06-03-2010, 12:42 AM
Hello all. I have fumbled around with the idea of actually joining this site and leaving my own comments. After I have literally spend the past 3 days reading posting from months and months ago, I decided... why not?
I started the program this past Saturday and weighed in for the first time yesterday. I lost 5 lbs over a holiday weekend! Heres to hoping I can keep this up.
I have a feeling I'm going to to need the support on here since I only weigh in once a week!

GoalAug2010
06-03-2010, 01:53 AM
Welcome Eli87marie! Feel free to post as often as you like, thats what we're all here for! Congrats on your first weigh in, that's a fantastic loss!

The good thing about weighing in only once a week if you'll see your losses all at once in one week instead of nothing on a tuesday and 2.5 on friday or something like that.

You'll be there in no time!

rn5192008
06-03-2010, 02:36 AM

That is fantastic stress can b a trigger. Huge VICTORY for u.

RonnieAdl
06-03-2010, 03:20 AM
I hit my 100th day yesterday and celebrated by being OP 100% with no extra snacking. Not even OP foods as a snack here and there.

WOW! Good for you! I wish I could say that.. You have done well.. Keep up the good work.!

Cheers
Ronnie:carrot:

hatethesweatpants
06-03-2010, 08:42 AM

AWESOME Mary! It is so hard to recondition ourselves not to "treat" ourselves with food. I am so proud of you!

hatethesweatpants
06-03-2010, 08:43 AM
So many of you are posting wonderful successes that I wanted to post 1 big CONGRATS to you all! You are awesome and inspiring! We can do this!

Mary1011
06-03-2010, 09:13 AM

That is some pretty tough stuff to handle all at once. I feel like eating anything and everything when I get down, stressed, or mad too. Great job keeping yourself together and resisting those urges!!

Mary1011
06-03-2010, 09:15 AM
Hello all. I have fumbled around with the idea of actually joining this site and leaving my own comments. After I have literally spend the past 3 days reading posting from months and months ago, I decided... why not?
I started the program this past Saturday and weighed in for the first time yesterday. I lost 5 lbs over a holiday weekend! Heres to hoping I can keep this up.
I have a feeling I'm going to to need the support on here since I only weigh in once a week!

You'll be glad you joined to post as well. It's a great site and it's comforting to know that you're not alone with pretty much anything you're feeling or going through. Welcome and great start to your weight loss!

Junie04
06-03-2010, 12:45 PM
Hello again! I have lost 5.2 pounds as of yesterday. I started pre-conditioning on May 24 and the plan on May 28. I would love to keep up that progress!

Hvnlymzic
06-03-2010, 01:11 PM
Ohhh...I am going through a mega funk...borrowing from Glee. I know i'm gonna show a gain if i go weigh in. I'm going out of town to visit a friend starting on Monday and I never stay OP while I'm with her. I don't go crazy, but it's hard when she's cooking for me. i refuse to be demanding of her...feels rude to me. Can't do it. SO now I'm trying to decide if I even wanna go weigh in before I leave or just go when I get back. Sucks. Sorry to be a downer...I'm just whiney. I'm sure I'll try to find time to go in to the center before i leave...just don't wanna *big pout* :)

Goose
06-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Ohhh...I am going through a mega funk...borrowing from Glee. I know i'm gonna show a gain if i go weigh in. I'm going out of town to visit a friend starting on Monday and I never stay OP while I'm with her. I don't go crazy, but it's hard when she's cooking for me. i refuse to be demanding of her...feels rude to me. Can't do it. SO now I'm trying to decide if I even wanna go weigh in before I leave or just go when I get back. Sucks. Sorry to be a downer...I'm just whiney. I'm sure I'll try to find time to go in to the center before i leave...just don't wanna *big pout* :)

If going to weigh in is going to make you feel worse, just skip it and go after you get back from your trip.:) Sometimes I had to skip if I knew I'd feel worse after seeing I was up. I gave myself a chance to drop back down and then went in.

ladystarrider
06-03-2010, 10:23 PM
My losses continue at about 1 to 1 and 1/2 pounds each time I go to weigh in. The last days of school (teaching fourth grade) have been tempting but not insurmountable. All the party treats and chips and sodas and cookies and cupcakes, etc. etc. I have not touched any of it, and I made sure the kids ate it all or took it all home. Tomorrow is the last day.
I confess I'm looking forward to having time to plan and cook, but at the same time, work gives structure to my day. If I don't take food with me to begin with, I don't eat it! Being home with other people presents its own challenges, especially sticking to regular meal times and avoiding the urge to skip meals when I get busy with projects. This is the start of a whole new life in uncharted territory. Glad MRC gave me a good map!:bike:

eli87marie
06-03-2010, 11:01 PM
I just want to wish everyone the best luck this week with their weigh in's and staying on plan.

Tomorrow will present its own challenges... I will be making several dozen chocolate covered strawberries and mini-cheesecakes for a baby shower. I hope I can resist!

Oh and on a totally random note... if you have not tried buffalo.... try it. It tastes so much like hamburger meat which means I can eat it more than twice a week! This is wonderful news to my non fish, burned out on chicken tastebuds!!

GoalAug2010
06-04-2010, 12:15 AM
My losses continue at about 1 to 1 and 1/2 pounds each time I go to weigh in. The last days of school (teaching fourth grade) have been tempting but not insurmountable. All the party treats and chips and sodas and cookies and cupcakes, etc. etc. I have not touched any of it, and I made sure the kids ate it all or took it all home. Tomorrow is the last day.
I confess I'm looking forward to having time to plan and cook, but at the same time, work gives structure to my day. If I don't take food with me to begin with, I don't eat it! Being home with other people presents its own challenges, especially sticking to regular meal times and avoiding the urge to skip meals when I get busy with projects. This is the start of a whole new life in uncharted territory. Glad MRC gave me a good map!:bike:
Congratulations! Sounds like you started this at just the right time so you can spend the summer getting your habits together and be strong and almost done by fall!

pbolton1
06-04-2010, 12:16 AM
I just want to wish everyone the best luck this week with their weigh in's and staying on plan.

Tomorrow will present its own challenges... I will be making several dozen chocolate covered strawberries and mini-cheesecakes for a baby shower. I hope I can resist!

Oh and on a totally random note... if you have not tried buffalo.... try it. It tastes so much like hamburger meat which means I can eat it more than twice a week! This is wonderful news to my non fish, burned out on chicken tastebuds!!

LOVE buffalo. I even ate it for breakfast for quite a while :-)

You do have to read the labels and be careful though. Some companies mix in beef with the buffalo. The stuff they sell on QVC has beef in some of it. I accidentally bought some frozen at a local grocery that I wasn't familiar with--when I saw how much fat ran out when I cooked it, I read the label.

mtgal1453
06-04-2010, 12:52 AM
I had a slip up tonight. I went to the local dinner theatre in town with the intentions of staying OP. But I didn't. I had mashed potatoes. And ice cream. I'm awful. I know I chose to so this. I just hope it doesn't effect the scale on Saturday. I hope to maintain my weight....

Ang2877
06-04-2010, 02:12 AM

Good Job!! My mom works in the schools as well so I hear about all the parties and treats! Way to resist! Keep it up! :hug:

Also I want to say Congratulations to all the ladies who are posting their success on this thread! And for us who slip up, dont forget .... get right back on program for the next meal. Dont wait till tomorrow start right back!! You can so anything you set your mind too! :hug:

wendinnc
06-04-2010, 08:43 AM
I am going today to w/i so I'll let you know what the scale has in store for me. I wish I could put away my scale at home..... I weigh myself everyday.... at least once! I am obsessed with that number going down and don't want that to be the defining factor of my mood for the day. I know that there have been some posts that suggest only weighing in at the center. I really wish that I could do that, but I really like to see how I am doing each day. Any suggestions??

Joy2MeNu
06-04-2010, 08:47 AM
I had a slip up tonight. I went to the local dinner theatre in town with the intentions of staying OP. But I didn't. I had mashed potatoes. And ice cream. I'm awful. I know I chose to so this. I just hope it doesn't effect the scale on Saturday. I hope to maintain my weight....

SUGGESTION: while you are getting started on this plan, it would really help if you AVOID these situations. for the first 4 months on plan, I just stayed away from outings where food would be at the center of the activity and I am really glad I did. Otherwise, you are gonna end up discouraged and question the plan and question yourself!

jenkatt
06-04-2010, 09:22 AM
SUGGESTION: while you are getting started on this plan, it would really help if you AVOID these situations. for the first 4 months on plan, I just stayed away from outings where food would be at the center of the activity and I am really glad I did. Otherwise, you are gonna end up discouraged and question the plan and question yourself!
I wish that was possible for me Joy2MeNU, but my job requires a fair amount of social situations as does hubbys. For those who can't avoid it, eat before him, scout menus before hand. And try as hard as you can to be strong!

Mary1011
06-04-2010, 12:11 PM
On the slip ups I agree with Ang2877 to get right back on program and don't wait until tomorrow. It seems like I had slips and I just kept doing it with the mind set that I will start over tomorrow but when you say that every day it's hard to get back on track. You just have to commit and for me it seems the longer I can go without a slip the more I don't want to ruin my streak of slip free days.

I'm with Jenkatt too it's hard to avoid some social eating situations and just make sure you're prepared because life happens so deal with it. When you go out just pick things that are more program friendly. Don't feel weird if you need to ask for things a certain way because people do that more than you'd think.

One last note is at my WI I lost 2.5 pounds! I'm sneaking up on that 50 board.

daizy hotrocks
06-04-2010, 12:30 PM
We had a restaurant class at my center and they told us so much about how to talk to the waiters and explain to them what you WANT. You are there to get service from them and they should comply. Ordering grilled or steamed makes things simple. Another suggestion is to just tell them you have a food alergy and need things cooked they way you ask.

I remember the first time I ordered this way. It was at Frudruckers. I asked the size of the buffalo burger and they told me it was 8 oz. I ordered a plain buffalo pattie (I cut it in half when it came out) and a double salad, no dressing. It was very simple and very liberating that they LISTENED to me. The first time you do it is the hardest. Their job is to make the customer happy and we are the customer.

Good Luck!!

MEEZOOGIRL
06-04-2010, 01:07 PM
Went to WI today.. Down 1lb.. Not bad after struggling to get back on the program after Vacation. I'm still having a hard time getting 100% on program. I'm doing much much better.. Part of the problem is preparing food. I need to cook things ahead of time like I used to.. Heading to the beach again this weekend.. This time I'm going to pack veggies and fruit to take.

Have a great weekend...

MEEZOOGIRL
06-04-2010, 01:11 PM

I love Glee.. I was in the same funk before my vacation. I didn't weigh in before I went. I just knew I was going to gain. I wish I had gone. Maybe it would have been a kick in the butt before the trip. I went so far off program while I was gone.. It's been REALLY hard getting back to it. Do what you feel.. I felt the same way with my friend. I thought she went to all this trouble to cook for me, I can't tell her what to cook. It would be rude.. Have fun on your trip... :hug:

wendinnc
06-04-2010, 01:16 PM
I weighed in today and was down a pound. :) Any loss makes me happy. I have really stuck to the menu and will be starting the green menu on Monday so seeing all the new choices I will have is encouraging.
Have a great weekend everyone!

Hvnlymzic
06-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Thanks Goose and Meezoo...I'll survive the trip....I have before...she's trying to watch it too...in fact she's pretty jealous of my losses, so the food won't be that bad. I'll just have to fight the cravings and buckle back down when i come back.

Wendi - I absolutely cannot weight myself at home. I fall into exactly what you said...the number changes my mood for the day. I get too worried about that and it wrecks my days. I can't do it. If you just have to weigh at home....do it only one time a day and always at the same time. Write it down if you want to and then put the scale away for the rest of that day. Try to limit it like that and then maybe you'll be able to cut back to once every other day...and then maybe further apart. Its a bad habit for me, I had to quit doing it and thats how I did it.

As far as social eating goes...here's how I have done things. I see that my weight is going to be a forever issue for me. Yes, i have to do things differently while I'm trying to lose, I get that, and thats why I'm paying MRC for their support and eating their strict plan right now. But...there will always be social events and other food situations that I'll have to manage. If I'm in control, like I'm ordering food...I try to make the best choice i can...salad, lean meats, veggies, etc. If i'm eating what someone else has prepared...I try to make the best choice possible out of what is offered. If it's something pretty "bad" I eat a very small portion and try to hang on until i get home. Planning ahead is the best thing. Eat first if you can, but sometimes thats not possible either. For example...i'm going to be staying with my friend for a week. She'll try to cater to me a little, but I"m not going to ask her to. I'll eat what she prepares for her family and will just deal with it when i get back. It's a good time for me to try out the self-control. I don't have to have two portions...and I can eat more meat and less starches. I am in control of what i put in my mouth. I have to learn balance or I'll never keep my weight off. There's my 2cents.

hatethesweatpants
06-04-2010, 02:18 PM
Hey everyone! I HIT ONEDERLAND TODAY! Woo hoo! I was bound and determined to do it by weigh-in today and squeeeeeked by...199.5. So happy!

Goose
06-04-2010, 02:20 PM
Hey everyone! I HIT ONEDERLAND TODAY! Woo hoo! I was bound and determined to do it by weigh-in today and squeeeeeked by...199.5. So happy!

What a milestone! Congratulations!:D

Mary1011
06-04-2010, 02:39 PM

That is FANTASTIC!! Great job and keep it up!

jenkatt
06-04-2010, 06:37 PM
CONGRATS!!!!!

Cherokree
06-04-2010, 09:15 PM
I have found that training for triathlons I do not lose weight. That seems so weird. Sure there is more muscle but with swimming, jogging and biking every day I'd think I'd see weight loss. Instead I am more hungry and really crave and consume extra fruit. I am down 52 lbs since November, so I am deciding, after completing 2 tri's this spring, to stop hardcore tri training and now finish my weight loss of 15 more lbs and include only about 30-45 min of exercise. See how it goes.

jenkatt
06-04-2010, 09:28 PM
I have found that training for triathlons I do not lose weight. That seems so weird. Sure there is more muscle but with swimming, jogging and biking every day I'd think I'd see weight loss. Instead I am more hungry and really crave and consume extra fruit. I am down 52 lbs since November, so I am deciding, after completing 2 tri's this spring, to stop hardcore tri training and now finish my weight loss of 15 more lbs and include only about 30-45 min of exercise. See how it goes.
You might actually be in starvation mode, burning so many calories and limiting them. I give you credit, training for a triathalon if tough, and may not be the best time to try to loose that last little bit of weight.

rcptaylor
06-04-2010, 09:56 PM
Well, to day was my food instruction. I am very happy to say I lost 4 pounds in 4 days!! I am gonna love this. I really havent been hungry which has made it a lot easier.

mtgal1453
06-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions for making going out to eat easier?? I'm 18, and it is hard to avoid situations such as this without losing my social life! So far, I've done salad when I go out to dinner. Is this my only option??

And how do you handle chocolate cravings?? I have never wanted a hershey's kiss so badly... =)

hatethesweatpants
06-05-2010, 09:05 AM
Does anyone have any suggestions for making going out to eat easier?? I'm 18, and it is hard to avoid situations such as this without losing my social life! So far, I've done salad when I go out to dinner. Is this my only option??

And how do you handle chocolate cravings?? I have never wanted a hershey's kiss so badly... =)

Hey there,
I pretty much stick to salads with oil and vinegar on the side, or grilled chicken or steak (look at the ounces on the menu, then when you get it, cut enough off to make your 6oz. Box the rest up You can have steak or salmon 2x/week). I do steamed veggies or salad on the side and bring my low carb tortillas or melba toast. I love eating out with my hubby, but have had to get over the fact that I cannot have whatever I want. Eating is just FUEL, not the main event. I'm there for the socialization.

As far as the chocolate goes, you are in the hardest part of the plan in my opinion. The first 2 weeks were really hard for me for cravings. I just kept resisting and eventually, I stopped wanting it. I drank tons of water and changed the subject on myself 10's to 100's of times per day. Fast forward 6 weeks - I just packed up some peanut M&M's for my daughter's lunch from an open bag and wasn't tempted to have even one. For me, that's huge. Unfortunately, if you give in to the cravings, your body will want more. Better just to tough it out. There's a great book called "The Beck Diet Solution" that I'm reading. You can do it with any diet, but it helps with cognitive behavior re-training. In other words, training yourself to think like a thin person about food. It's been very helpful.

Good luck!

hatethesweatpants
06-05-2010, 09:09 AM
Oh, and are you at the point where you can have creamy HNS's? I really love the creamy hot chocolate. I drink one in the afternoons. If I am really desperate, I can add 2t water and 1t oil (my oil for the day) and microwave for 30 sec. Kinda makes a brownie.

Cherokree
06-05-2010, 10:36 AM
please do yourself a favor and make the MRC chocolate pudding. It is so rich that it will satisfy your chocolate cravings like it does mine. yum!
Re restaurants - I agree with Deb in FoCoCO, eat salads, drink lots of no calories drinks, and focus on your goals. Hopefully you will reach the stage in MRC that you realize food is fuel for a great get-together or evening not the source of your satisfaction.

mtgal1453
06-05-2010, 11:42 AM
Hey everyone! After a fear of gain after eating off program, I weighed in today and lost 1.5 lbs! That makes my total 9.5--1/2 and pound from the 10 pound board! The losses make you want to keep on goin'! And another accomplishment--walked the Relay for Life in my town last night, and wasn't once tempted to eat the cookies, chex mix, or candy! Hooray! Hope everyone one has a spectacular weekend! :D

carolinagirlnc
06-05-2010, 08:30 PM
Went to weight in this morning and was a little scaried , I have gained 1.5 lbs on tuesday and loss 5.5 lbs for a total of 50 lbs.:D:D:D:D

wendinnc
06-06-2010, 09:23 AM
Went to weight in this morning and was a little scaried , I have gained 1.5 lbs on tuesday and loss 5.5 lbs for a total of 50 lbs.:D:D:D:D
WOW!! 50 pounds down!!!! Congratulations! :) That is sure something to be very proud of. Keep up the great work!

wendinnc
06-06-2010, 09:25 AM
...by the way Carolinagirl we both live in Cary.... what a small world. I guess, though, by our photos we will never really know if we run into eachother. :)

SandyKC0SWJ
06-07-2010, 12:24 AM

Congratulations on the weight loss!! :woohoo:

dkmd27
06-07-2010, 12:29 AM
WOO HOO Carolina!! 50 pounds is awesome!

Ang2877
06-07-2010, 01:23 AM

Awesome !!!!!
Great JOb! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

lookinfine09
06-07-2010, 09:07 AM
Thank you...I know how easy it is to gain weight but SO hard to lose it!!! Running has been my lifesaver but still I can gain weight just looking at food...I am trying to learn the balance of my body requirements, and take it a day at a time, i am trying not to shock my body by a low cal/carb diet, I am trying to balance my required nutrient needs while losing weight and staying strong for running, this is a huge struggle. I know we can do it and I am determined to reach my goal this year! Back to basics for the next 3 months and I am not training for any races so it is back to 10-15 miles a week running, very doable while losing weight, I need to keep my body out of starvation mode which practically killed me last spring trying to stay on the green menu and train for a race...YES we can do this!!!

GWE - I'm with you. I just completed my first 1/2 marathon in May. It is very hard to keep your body out of starvation mode and stay on program or maintenance when training for a race. Not to mention, I used the longer runs as an excuse to eat a bit off program. I took the month of May off of running, but today, I'm back on track and will run 14-18 miles per week. Best of luck to you! We can do this.

dmscrap
06-07-2010, 12:10 PM

That is great!!!! Keep up the great work!! Thanks for the inspiration! :carrot:

Junie04
06-07-2010, 12:45 PM

That is so great! Congratulations!!!

Junie04
06-07-2010, 12:51 PM

What an awesome accomplishment! Way to go!!

eli87marie
06-07-2010, 02:28 PM
Went to weigh in this morning and I gained 1 pound. I accidentally ate from the wrong protein group a couple of nights ago, and I have learned I am retaining water. My center encouraged me that these are the reasons for the gain, so I am going to try not to get discouraged. I just hate that I have eaten on plan except for the minor slip up and still gained.

With that being said, I am bound and determined to get the weight off, so despite the minor slip up I AM going to do this!!

SandyKC0SWJ
06-07-2010, 07:35 PM
I had a high school graduation reception and avoided all of the cakes, cookies, mints, etc. I made sure I ate a good lunch before I went and took an HNS with me. I identified many 'feeders' in my family and resisted the pressure from the to eat. I hope my numbers on the scale will reflect the restraint I used.

How did everyone's weekend go?

joanie830
06-07-2010, 08:33 PM
Went to weigh in this morning and I gained 1 pound. I accidentally ate from the wrong protein group a couple of nights ago, and I have learned I am retaining water. My center encouraged me that these are the reasons for the gain, so I am going to try not to get discouraged. I just hate that I have eaten on plan except for the minor slip up and still gained.

With that being said, I am bound and determined to get the weight off, so despite the minor slip up I AM going to do this!!

You will do great! Having that determination is what will get you through some of the ups and downs. Are you drinking a lot of water? That seems to be what gets me through if I have done something wrong.

ladystarrider
06-07-2010, 10:12 PM
I now have lost 19 pounds since I started on April 12. That may not be as fast as some, but it is definitely a joy to be able to shop for a pair of jeans today that is two full sizes smaller than what I had been wearing. I actually put on a belt and tucked in my shirt. I have an "apple body shape", but my hubby thinks the belt actually contributes to a balanced look at the waist for me now. At least it is no longer larger than my bustline! I tried on a lot of clothes, but in the end I only bought the jeans. My closet has lots of things I haven't worn in a long time, and it is fun to resurrect old favorites. I realize I bought those clothes because they looked good on me, and now they do again. It is a great feeling. I have a whole spare room closet to "mine" as I get smaller and smaller:cp:! My goal is to sign the 20 pound board by the end of this week!

jenkatt
06-07-2010, 10:28 PM
I'm feeling very discouraged. I see so many people doing excellent on this program and I'm at a snail's pace. I'm petrified of tomorrow's weigh in. I had one minor slip this weekend (had a Corona at a baseball game). And it seems like the scale is heading the wrong way every morning. I don't get it!

SandyKC0SWJ
06-07-2010, 10:28 PM
I now have lost 19 pounds since I started on April 12. That may not be as fast as some, but it is definitely a joy to be able to shop for a pair of jeans today that is two full sizes smaller than what I had been wearing. I actually put on a belt and tucked in my shirt. I have an "apple body shape", but my hubby thinks the belt actually contributes to a balanced look at the waist for me now. At least it is no longer larger than my bustline! I tried on a lot of clothes, but in the end I only bought the jeans. My closet has lots of things I haven't worn in a long time, and it is fun to resurrect old favorites. I realize I bought those clothes because they looked good on me, and now they do again. It is a great feeling. I have a whole spare room closet to "mine" as I get smaller and smaller:cp:! My goal is to sign the 20 pound board by the end of this week!

Congratulations, Ladystarrider!! Weight loss is not a race but a lifestyle change. Way to stick with it!

Goose
06-07-2010, 10:40 PM
I'm feeling very discouraged. I see so many people doing excellent on this program and I'm at a snail's pace. I'm petrified of tomorrow's weigh in. I had one minor slip this weekend (had a Corona at a baseball game). And it seems like the scale is heading the wrong way every morning. I don't get it!

Hang in there, jenkatt! Sometimes it is so hard, but it will be worth it in the end. How long have you been on program and how much have you lost?

eli87marie
06-07-2010, 11:14 PM
You will do great! Having that determination is what will get you through some of the ups and downs. Are you drinking a lot of water? That seems to be what gets me through if I have done something wrong.

I have been drinking at least 96 oz of water daily, usually a little more. I've never been much of a soda drinker so I don't think the water consumption is my issue. I do however think I am retaining water so I started on B6 today.

namaste1969
06-08-2010, 12:51 AM

I know what your talking about ladystarrider. I've lost 13lbs so far and this weekend I did some clothes shopping. It was nice to see the difference in how clothes fit. Especially since my weight loss has plateaued out the last 2 weeks. It gave my motivation the boost it needed!!

namaste1969
06-08-2010, 01:01 AM

Try not to get discouraged! I'm a slow loser too and it can get frustrating. Is this your first time on MRC? It's mine and it seems like I'm always learning something new from the MRC staff and this forum to help me do this program better. At my last visit the counselor told me that I should eat my entire meal and HNS within a 30 minute period of time to put myself in the right chemical balance for fat burning. I tend to get busy and find I'm eating my fruit or HNS an hour or two after I ate my lunch.
No matter what the scale says tomorrow, keep going. Remember, what is the alternative?

jenkatt
06-08-2010, 06:28 AM
Thanks y'all. I started preconditioning May 13th in earnest. Although I had my food class two weeks before that - long story, I had an unexpected business trip thrown in there. For me, part of the problem was I barely lost anything on pre-conditioning. It's just frustrating. I walk away from the bad stuff and my fat butt is still there. I'm in awe of y'all going down clothes sizes and signing boards and I haven't even signed the 10 pound board yet.
It bites.

hatethesweatpants
06-08-2010, 07:50 AM
Thanks y'all. I started preconditioning May 13th in earnest. Although I had my food class two weeks before that - long story, I had an unexpected business trip thrown in there. For me, part of the problem was I barely lost anything on pre-conditioning. It's just frustrating. I walk away from the bad stuff and my fat butt is still there. I'm in awe of y'all going down clothes sizes and signing boards and I haven't even signed the 10 pound board yet.
It bites.

:hug::hug:jenkatt:hug::hug:,
I posted something a few weeks ago about the 10 day plateau. They gave me a sheet of paper that basically said to expect a plateau and even a gain around the 10th day. It can last for a bit. After you lost all the water weight, the cells start holding onto the water like crazy to keep from collapsing. But, you're actually still burning fat. So, it's actually good news if this is what's happening. The week after this happened to me, I lost 5lbs, I think.

Other than that, I agree with namaste. Make sure you're eating everything at once and maxing out your HNS's. Also, are you weighing your food? I weigh EVERYTHING - veggies, meat, etc. It's going to happen for you - how can it not? The only way it won't happen is if you give up, which I'm sure you won't do! :-)

If you want the entire paper, let me know and I will scan and email to you.
Good luck,

GWE140
06-08-2010, 08:33 AM
GWE - I'm with you. I just completed my first 1/2 marathon in May. It is very hard to keep your body out of starvation mode and stay on program or maintenance when training for a race. Not to mention, I used the longer runs as an excuse to eat a bit off program. I took the month of May off of running, but today, I'm back on track and will run 14-18 miles per week. Best of luck to you! We can do this.

lookinfine09, Congrats on your first Half-Marathon !!! I too took off for a couple of weeks after my marathon needed the mental time off :) I only truly ate too much after my long runs 10+ miles, I just was so hungry, even my husband would comment on my appetite...I am back to running for exercise and stress relief and following the Meta-Balance menu which works best for me...good luck to you!

jenkatt
06-08-2010, 09:12 AM
I posted something a few weeks ago about the 10 day plateau. They gave me a sheet of paper that basically said to expect a plateau and even a gain around the 10th day. It can last for a bit. After you lost all the water weight, the cells start holding onto the water like crazy to keep from collapsing. But, you're actually still burning fat. So, it's actually good news if this is what's happening. The week after this happened to me, I lost 5lbs, I think.

Other than that, I agree with namaste. Make sure you're eating everything at once and maxing out your HNS's. Also, are you weighing your food? I weigh EVERYTHING - veggies, meat, etc. It's going to happen for you - how can it not? The only way it won't happen is if you give up, which I'm sure you won't do! :-)

Good luck,
Well I'm past 10 days, but I'll take any info I can get! Thanks!

Junie04
06-08-2010, 11:51 AM

Good luck to you. I hope you make your mini-goal of 20 pounds!!

eli87marie
06-08-2010, 12:39 PM

Good luck,

Thank you so much for this post. It actually makes me feel like I'm "on track" with this whole diet thing. I actually went to weigh in on my 10th day and gained 1 pound. I was a little disappointed because I made an honest mistake about my menu (I ate from group 1 protein at night instead of group 2 or 3)... I thought this was the reason I was gaining, but I'm glad to know this 10th day plateau is normal!

wendinnc
06-08-2010, 05:31 PM
I went to weigh in yesterday (my 11th day) and stayed the same.... no weight loss. I, too, got that sheet explaining plateaus around that time so was somewhat expecting it, but I was really hoping it wasn't going to happen to me. I am just crossing fingers for a better loss later this week to make up for it some. I have to say it made me really want to give in a bit and have something off plan. I had to really think my way out of it, which I did and am proud for doing so! It was a little lesson learned.... my emotional eating is certainly not gone and I need to keep tabs on it.

jenkatt
06-08-2010, 06:35 PM
I was up a half a pound. This sucks.

melNco
06-09-2010, 03:43 PM
Back from a 3 week vacation and I went in to weigh in and was up 3 pounds.. now considering I thought it would 10 (lol).. I was quite happy. Plus I was told alot of that wouold be water weight from all the driving.

Now, I need to get back on track :)

AngelaB
06-10-2010, 12:06 AM
I think I missed the last two weeks here - not sure how that happened!
Staying OP still, with the exception that I'm struggling with drinking enough water. I'm trying, I"m trying. Anyone have suggestions? I'm still losing, which is good. But I'd so wanted to be below 200 before hubby gets home. I've got 13 days left. Today I weighed at home and I was 207.8. My official weigh in will be on Friday.

Mary1011
06-10-2010, 09:35 AM
Staying OP still, with the exception that I'm struggling with drinking enough water. I'm trying, I"m trying. Anyone have suggestions? I'm still losing, which is good. But I'd so wanted to be below 200 before hubby gets home. I've got 13 days left. Today I weighed at home and I was 207.8. My official weigh in will be on Friday.

The first thing I do in the morning (on a non WI day) is fill up my glass of water. I usually get in 10 oz before breakfast and then take my glass to work with me. It seems like I get 20 oz in before my day really starts.

jenkatt
06-10-2010, 09:48 AM
I'm a Geek. I love gadgets and I LOVE my new water bottle. It's called a hydracoach. it's completely not necessary, but it's ensuring I get my water. It has a little counter on the bottle that counts how many ounces of water you drink. You can tell it how much you want to drink in a day and it will tell how how you're doing with that amount. I got mine on Amazon for around $24. (http://www.amazon.com/Sportline-Hydracoach-Intelligent-Water-Bottle-Blue/dp/B000O3Q6FG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1276177647&sr=8-1)

Junie04
06-10-2010, 10:12 AM
I'm a Geek. I love gadgets and I LOVE my new water bottle. It's called a hydracoach. it's completely not necessary, but it's ensuring I get my water. It has a little counter on the bottle that counts how many ounces of water you drink. You can tell it how much you want to drink in a day and it will tell how how you're doing with that amount. I got mine on Amazon for around $24.

That is a neat idea. I will have to check it out! I count my water with a sticky note. I just add the ounces once I drink them. It is a hassle sometimes. How does everyone else keep up with it?

MEEZOOGIRL
06-10-2010, 12:29 PM
That is a neat idea. I will have to check it out! I count my water with a sticky note. I just add the ounces once I drink them. It is a hassle sometimes. How does everyone else keep up with it?

I have a 32oz bottle, and know i need to fill it up 4 times in a day. I usually drink 2, almost 3 by lunch. I just let it sit on my desk and drink as I'm working. I fill up from our work cooler. I'd have to go to the cooler a lot more if I had a smaller bottle. LOL.. I've usually had all my water by the time I go home.

jenkatt
06-10-2010, 12:31 PM
I use to have a 32 oz mug and I did have to refill it less. But I kinda like refilling this one more. It forces me to get up and move more regularly.

Junie04
06-10-2010, 01:12 PM
OK just got back from my weigh in. I am on day 14 and had a loss of .6 (9.6 overall). I guess I could be hitting the plateau soon even though she said it was a good number since I lost 3 on Monday.

How is everyone else doing?

wendinnc
06-10-2010, 03:18 PM
OK just got back from my weigh in. I am on day 14 and had a loss of .6 (9.6 overall). I guess I could be hitting the plateau soon even though she said it was a good number since I lost 3 on Monday.

How is everyone else doing?

We must have started at the same time Junie. I am on day 14 also and went to weigh in today. I am down a total of 9.5 pounds (1.5 down today) and have lost 19 inches. I am very happy with the progress. I still get hungry this time of day.... 3pm.... and try to be satisfied with my HNS. Keep up the great work!!

guinevere75
06-10-2010, 03:27 PM
AngelaB, I've found that if I use a 16 oz glass, it's way easier for me. Everytime I fix myself an HSN, I also fix myself a 16 oz glass of water at the same time - so one for breakfast, one at midmorning, one for lunch and one at midafternoon. So by the time I have my 4th afternoon HSN, I've had 4 16 oz of water as well (there's your 8 8oz right there). Then I have 16 oz of water with dinner to get my personal goal of 80 oz in each day. Sometimes I even go overboard and drink a fiber drink and also get a 16 oz glass of water in w/that. So - basically, every single time I have something to drink, I refill my 16 oz of water to go alongside it. I've found that using the 16 oz glass just really helps me get it all in for some reason (no idea why). 4 16 oz just seems sooooo much easier than 8 8 oz. :) Hope that helps!

dkmd27
06-10-2010, 03:32 PM

I use a fat straw, I can drink a lot more with a straw.

GoalAug2010
06-11-2010, 12:01 AM
for water, i *love* my venti starbucks insulated tumber - it has a straw which is important for me and a lid so i don't spill since i've always got it wedged between my purse and my arm as i'm fumbling with keys. I do 4 a day (80 oz) 2 before lunch and 2 before bed.

Starbucks has them in stores again - they look like this (http://www.amazon.com/Starbucks-Ounce-Clear-Insulated-Tumbler/dp/B002XK66GM)

Or you can buy a non-starbucks one from the company that makes them (http://www.bottless.org/Spirit_Tumbler_24oz_Tritan_Reusable_Straw_Insulate d_s/362.htm).

dance4ever
06-11-2010, 11:29 AM
For my water I use "intak" by thermos. You can also get it on amazon.com for under $13. I actually got mine at Walmart last summer but can't remember how much it cost.

Junie04
06-11-2010, 12:26 PM
We must have started at the same time Junie. I am on day 14 also and went to weigh in today. I am down a total of 9.5 pounds (1.5 down today) and have lost 19 inches. I am very happy with the progress. I still get hungry this time of day.... 3pm.... and try to be satisfied with my HNS. Keep up the great work!!

Wendi, that is pretty cool that we started on the same day and lost the same amount of weight! 19 inches is amazing! They will be measuring me next week. I too get hungry around that time every day. I have started eating cucumbers and tomatoes to get me through until supper. Good luck and keep in touch.

bc2010
06-11-2010, 03:50 PM
anyone have problems with hair loss and having NO cycle...for months....and I mean...Months!!!??

bc2010
06-11-2010, 03:52 PM
I am a very young MRC member and have done exceptionally well on the program. I lost all my weight and then re signed a few months ago....to get to a lower number and lower fat mass number.
my goal is 110 and i was literally at 119 and then all of a sudden I started having theworst worst worst NIGHT cravings...literally...special k, turkey, peanut butter, anything....I am so good during the day...literally eat to the T and won't eat anything better and even when I am out with friends, family, and boyfriend...I NEVER go off menu and they all hate it. I always eat salads when I am out. I need to know what to do about these cravings...because My weight is back up to around 122 and I want to get to 110 so badly...Not for the number but because I felt so good at 119 and also because I am one of those people that sets a goal...and needs to accomplish it. I am a former true star athlete and never was really big but one i quit and decided not to play in college I didnt want to gain the freshy 15 so I went on MRC and did so well..
any help or ideas on what to do....these cravings have to stop...every night...and a lot of it is...the fact that I do not sleep!!

any help would be appreciated!! thanks soso much!

bc2010
06-11-2010, 03:54 PM
oh and I also started a hardcore workout with my boyfriend...lifting weights so realize I probably gained some muscle. and I will admit I am extremely hard on myself and literally never go off menu out to eat or during the day...won't even use any other dressing but red wine vinegar...
so with that....I am going to try the shake diet....meta quick..where you do shake in morning, bar for lunch and dinner....then I will do the two meal plan....

any help would be greatly appreciated it..
especially with hair loss, no cycle and the darn night snacking:( :( :(

namaste
06-11-2010, 03:57 PM
I am a very young MRC member and have done exceptionally well on the program. I lost all my weight and then re signed a few months ago....to get to a lower number and lower fat mass number.
my goal is 110 and i was literally at 119 and then all of a sudden I started having theworst worst worst NIGHT cravings...literally...special k, turkey, peanut butter, anything....I am so good during the day...literally eat to the T and won't eat anything better and even when I am out with friends, family, and boyfriend...I NEVER go off menu and they all hate it. I always eat salads when I am out. I need to know what to do about these cravings...because My weight is back up to around 122 and I want to get to 110 so badly...Not for the number but because I felt so good at 119 and also because I am one of those people that sets a goal...and needs to accomplish it. I am a former true star athlete and never was really big but one i quit and decided not to play in college I didnt want to gain the freshy 15 so I went on MRC and did so well..
any help or ideas on what to do....these cravings have to stop...every night...and a lot of it is...the fact that I do not sleep!!

any help would be appreciated!! thanks soso much!

What is your bmi and your fat%?

namaste
06-11-2010, 04:00 PM
oh and I also started a hardcore workout with my boyfriend...lifting weights so realize I probably gained some muscle. and I will admit I am extremely hard on myself and literally never go off menu out to eat or during the day...won't even use any other dressing but red wine vinegar...
so with that....I am going to try the shake diet....meta quick..where you do shake in morning, bar for lunch and dinner....then I will do the two meal plan....

any help would be greatly appreciated it..
especially with hair loss, no cycle and the darn night snacking:( :( :(

Have you done a body comp lately? I'd be interested in seeing, since you've been working out so much.... what your bmi and fat mass are, along with your lean muscle and hydration. You know you can request it? And, are you doing a hns at night?

namaste
06-11-2010, 04:04 PM
anyone have problems with hair loss and having NO cycle...for months....and I mean...Months!!!??

Ok, so are you on birth control? If not, have you recently stopped taking birth control? How many HNS are you drinking per day? Have you had your thyroid checked recently?

bc2010
06-11-2010, 04:09 PM
No birth control at all. and thyroid was checked....a while ago...when I was in the hospital for other reasons.
but I haven't been to center in a while becauase I have been so down on myself since gaining weight after hitting 119.
I know 110 is a low number...but We talked to my doctor and it is an ok weight for me...anything lower will be too low.
but Just needed some tips on how to cure this snacking and how to lose the last 13-14 pounds..I am going to have to resign soon...and I cannot believe I can't get these pounds off.I suppose running would help....I use to run everyday but haven't in so long.
I just am so down on gaining weight...it stinks..when you do so well and then do bad and can't get the goal.

and then we are pretty worried over the hair loss and no cycle thing..It has been months..

I take 4 drinks a day. breakfast,lunch, mid day and then dinner. that is what my center told me to do..

do drinks honestly help weight loss?!?

namaste
06-11-2010, 04:15 PM
No birth control at all. and thyroid was checked....a while ago...when I was in the hospital for other reasons.
but I haven't been to center in a while becauase I have been so down on myself since gaining weight after hitting 119.
I know 110 is a low number...but We talked to my doctor and it is an ok weight for me...anything lower will be too low.
but Just needed some tips on how to cure this snacking and how to lose the last 13-14 pounds..I am going to have to resign soon...and I cannot believe I can't get these pounds off.I suppose running would help....I use to run everyday but haven't in so long.
I just am so down on gaining weight...it stinks..when you do so well and then do bad and can't get the goal.

and then we are pretty worried over the hair loss and no cycle thing..It has been months..

I take 4 drinks a day. breakfast,lunch, mid day and then dinner. that is what my center told me to do..

do drinks honestly help weight loss?!?

If you're not getting enough protein, your hair will fall out... that's why I was asking about the drinks. Can you give me an idea of your normal food choices (and amounts) for the day? So, for example.... tell me what you ate yesterday. And, get into the center and do that body comp! I think you're going to see 110 is going to be too low because of your weight lifting and muscle mass. Cardio will help you lose, and not give you the muscle gain but it's more of what you want. Do you want tone? How about doing pilates? or yoga? And also, when you have your body comp done, have your inches done too. I bet you've lost inches. How are your clothes feeling? You're being really hard on yourself and the stress won't help with your hair or your period love. :hug:

Not trying to be too personal but you don't think you're possibly pregnant?

bc2010
06-11-2010, 04:23 PM
yes you sound just like my mom! Wight is a big stress on me..and you would think I would be happy but I am not...because I wanna be 110...and i also still have a little belly pouch and I hate it.
hair loss is really bad and I started taking vitamins, and NO WAY i am prego...waiting till marriage.

and I will say I have lost tons tons and tons of inches and yes my clothes feel good...but its hard because i was down to 119 and then starting eating at night when i would wake up...and i dont know why or how to fix it...or what to do .......to lose the weight.

i wont be able to workout as hard because i am getting a job so that will be hard and put more stress on me!

bc2010
06-11-2010, 04:24 PM
yesterday i ate...toast and a hard boiled egg for breakfast, turkey and apple and cucumbers for lunch and a salad with grilled chicken for dinner and toast.

natures own is the bread i eat since that is what my center suggested..

but tomorrow i am going to start the shake,bar, dinner diet...

namaste
06-11-2010, 04:35 PM
yesterday i ate...toast and a hard boiled egg for breakfast, turkey and apple and cucumbers for lunch and a salad with grilled chicken for dinner and toast.

natures own is the bread i eat since that is what my center suggested..

but tomorrow i am going to start the shake,bar, dinner diet...

Ok, I know you want to "get there" but the stress is going to plateau you. You can try the shake, bar, deal and it's fine but here's what else I would suggest either instead of or after you do that.... ok?

Wake up, then for breakfast:

Eat a lean protein.... no eggs.
Have something like the Italian Breakfast Sausage, with a little cheese and a low cal tortilla (la flavorita)

Drink your HNS mid morning (in between breakfast and lunch)

For lunch.... (I don't know if you're eating ground turkey or turkey lunch meat here; if you're eating lunch meat, stop... too much sodium) Do your lean protein; chicken, tuna, ground turkey.... and cut out the apples for a week; move over to citrus. The apples are one of the highest in the glycemic index and will 1) cause plateaus 2) cause cravings.... and your veggie is fine. Stick with a raw veggie at lunch if possible; they burn faster.

Drink your HNS mid afternoon (between lunch and dinner)

For dinner..... lean protein again; try the taco casserole recipe! (that gives you the protein and the starch) and then for your veggie; do a cooked veggie ok? Cooked veggies will burn slower so that will keep you full through the night. If you're making broccoli, cut off the stems. They have a lot of sugar in them.

Drink an HNS before bed, or have a creamy before bed (make the gooey brownie recipe).

Need any recipes?

bc2010
06-11-2010, 04:45 PM
i have the cookbook at my house!

and yes i was doing turkey from publix..low sodium publix brand lunch meat.
so citrus...as in oranges? a whole orange?

and dinner was def usually chicken, green beans or broccoli and then the toast..natures own. 40 cal

i will do shake/bar diet...and hopefully it will work .....if i stop the cravings...and with waking up and snacking...i will pretty much just have to STOP!

what about stopping working out...is that going to cause any problems...
i will try running again.
and i will do my water.

just need to get to 110 and stop the freaking gosh darn snacking

bc2010
06-11-2010, 04:51 PM
also do you think drinks(HNS) really help weight loss and pills...because i go weekends sometimes or a few days without them when i run out...and was losing weight still...

namaste
06-11-2010, 04:52 PM
i have the cookbook at my house!

and yes i was doing turkey from publix..low sodium publix brand lunch meat.
so citrus...as in oranges? a whole orange?

and dinner was def usually chicken, green beans or broccoli and then the toast..natures own. 40 cal

i will do shake/bar diet...and hopefully it will work .....if i stop the cravings...and with waking up and snacking...i will pretty much just have to STOP!

what about stopping working out...is that going to cause any problems...
i will try running again.
and i will do my water.

just need to get to 110 and stop the freaking gosh darn snacking

cool, a lot of the recipes I mentioned are not in the cookbook but they are in the recipe thread in this forum.

I would cut out the lunch meat, even if it is low sodium.... and yes, citrus would be like oranges. yes, a whole orange.

I would change to either a toning exercise like yoga or pilates or cardio like running.

namaste
06-11-2010, 04:55 PM
also do you think drinks(HNS) really help weight loss and pills...because i go weekends sometimes or a few days without them when i run out...and was losing weight still...

I don't know what pills you are taking but yes, the drinks help. You have to understand though; the reason you are drinking the HNS is for the protein. It's high in protein and low in calories. When you drink one, your body goes out looking for food to burn; when it can't find food, it burns your stored fat. You want it to burn stored fat and not your lean muscle. Because of this, the drinks help with your skin and your hair. It helps so you don't have sagging skin as you lose and so your hair won't fall out. That's the reason I asked if you were getting enough HNS.

bc2010
06-11-2010, 04:57 PM
so if no turkey....grilled chicken?

namaste
06-11-2010, 05:01 PM
so if no turkey....grilled chicken?

You can do turkey, just don't do turkey lunch meat.... grilled chicken breast is fine too. Do you have your menu plan? It lists all the lean proteins you can have on plan. Basically, you want to stay away from foods that are processed or have preservatives (like lunch meat, turkey dogs, etc)

If this making sense?

bc2010
06-11-2010, 05:03 PM
yes makes sense and I appreciate the help!!!!!
the whole hair loss and no cycle thing has been a worry
and then not getting to 110 has been a major stress..

bc2010
06-11-2010, 11:55 PM
also, what about having a cream when i want a snack....the choc pudding, or hot chocolate...or the mini crisps...
before bed or when i wake up and want something?
was told by center to have them...
but scared it will make me gain weight even though they say it wont..

namaste
06-14-2010, 10:34 AM
also, what about having a cream when i want a snack....the choc pudding, or hot chocolate...or the mini crisps...
before bed or when i wake up and want something?
was told by center to have them...
but scared it will make me gain weight even though they say it wont..

No, you can have them. I have mine at night before bed. I usually make the creamy hot cocoa into the gooey brownie recipe. So tasty!

guinevere75
06-14-2010, 09:49 PM
Hi all - maybe I should share this on the recipe board or perhaps it's already there, but I've been using the Walden Farms Russian Dressing to marinate chicken breast in (along w/some dill and Southwest Chipotle Mrs. Dash) and then grill it - and it is really good. Just using the serving size recommended - it's enough to coat both sides of a large breast and then I have 2 meals from that - truly delicious. :) Just thought I'd share!

wendinnc
06-15-2010, 07:10 AM
I went to w/i yesterday and was down 2.5 since Thursday. I needed to drop 1/2 pound to meet 10 pounds down and I surpassed that and am down a total of 12 pounds! :) I wish that I could say this has been easy, but each day I have at least a few challenges... I work my way through them and am proud of myself for doing so. The only thing that is going to get me to my goal is my dedication and perseverance.
I have been looking on the recipe forum and need to try out some new ones as my menu is looking almost the same each day. Thank you ladies for all of your posts.... I really enjoy reading them. This site is so wonderful and the support is amazing!

Junie04
06-15-2010, 12:01 PM
Wendi, that is so great. You only have 11 pounds to go? That is amazing!

Congratulations on losing 12 pounds so far.

Have you found something new in the recipes yet? I am looking for something other than chicken! LOL

brainsgirl
06-15-2010, 06:02 PM
namaste, what is the gooey brownie recipe??? :)

melNco
06-15-2010, 10:07 PM
I am really struggling! I was on vaca for three weeks and been back a week and have yet to get mu butt back on plan. what the heck am i doing??? :(

MEEZOOGIRL
06-16-2010, 08:41 AM
I am really struggling! I was on vaca for three weeks and been back a week and have yet to get mu butt back on plan. what the heck am i doing??? :(

Hi Mel.. I'm in the exact same boat. I've been back from vacation for a couple of weeks, and have had a heck of a time getting back on program. I didn't eat that bad on Vacation, and stayed the same, but so far I have not lost anything since I've been back. I started this week back on program, and so far 3 days on program. I'm struggling SOOO much at night. When I sit in front of the TV, I just want to snack. UUGGGHHH!! :hug:

hatethesweatpants
06-16-2010, 09:55 AM

Just remember those first couple of weeks when you first started. It is very tough, but eventually those cravings go away if you stick to it. Maybe shake up the routine a bit until your cravings are under control. For example, I would suggest not TV watching but doing something else if TV watching is your trigger. If you have favorite shows that you don't want to miss, you could always record them or watch them on hulu the next day. You are probably out of ketosis, so the carb monsters are trying to get more food! Once you break through that tough part, you'll be home free.

Good luck!

wendinnc
06-16-2010, 04:38 PM
Hi Mel.. I'm in the exact same boat. I've been back from vacation for a couple of weeks, and have had a heck of a time getting back on program. I didn't eat that bad on Vacation, and stayed the same, but so far I have not lost anything since I've been back. I started this week back on program, and so far 3 days on program. I'm struggling SOOO much at night. When I sit in front of the TV, I just want to snack. UUGGGHHH!! :hug:

I know how hard it can be to get into 'the groove'. I have a tough time also at night and really want to snack. I try to eat dinner a little later than usual and save my creamy for around 9pm. I really look forward to that last snack of the day and usually make a cup of tea to have with it.
You have done so well so far so you know you can do it. Getting back to the basics and drinking all of your water and planning meals ahead may help. I know that it is bathing suit season so that is a definite inspiration for me as I have a 4 yr old and a 5 yr old and they are ALL about the neighborhood pool :)
Those first few days were REALLY tough for me, but you can do it!!!!

MEEZOOGIRL
06-16-2010, 05:14 PM
I know how hard it can be to get into 'the groove'. I have a tough time also at night and really want to snack. I try to eat dinner a little later than usual and save my creamy for around 9pm. I really look forward to that last snack of the day and usually make a cup of tea to have with it.
You have done so well so far so you know you can do it. Getting back to the basics and drinking all of your water and planning meals ahead may help. I know that it is bathing suit season so that is a definite inspiration for me as I have a 4 yr old and a 5 yr old and they are ALL about the neighborhood pool :)
Those first few days were REALLY tough for me, but you can do it!!!!

Thanks for the positive words.. I have been on program all week.. I've wanted to snack at night but still haven't. I'm going to try the pudding/creamy at night tonight and see if that helps. Thanks for the great idea.. I need to plan better.. Going to the grocery store tonight to restock the house.. I think that will help a lot.

I think I can... I think I can.. I know I can...

guinevere75
06-16-2010, 05:45 PM
You've lost 51 lbs, Meezoo!! YOU'RE AMAZING GIRL!!!

jmt2323
06-16-2010, 07:26 PM
No, you can have them. I have mine at night before bed. I usually make the creamy hot cocoa into the gooey brownie recipe. So tasty!

Hello! I was trying to find a way to IM you but am new to this site and couldn't quite figure it out!!! Will you post the recipe for the brownie mix? I am on day 19 or so of being OP and have lost 14 pds. I am doing well but need a little change or I can see myself getting bored!! Thanks so much and congrats on your weight loss. That is AWESOME!! How has it been keeping the weight off? That is my worse fear.. I know I can lose the weight but worry that old habits will try to inch back in.. Thanks in advance!!

GWE140
06-17-2010, 07:29 AM

Hair loss ABSOLUTELY...as for my cycle no change. Hair finally growing back after a year And in regards to what has been said about not having enough protein a cause for hair loss...I kept my protein consumption a high as possible on program, drinking 4/5 HNS daily plus my protein with each meal and still loss hair...I believe there are several factors about low carb/low cal/high protein diets that cause hair loss in some people...

namaste
06-17-2010, 02:13 PM
Hello! I was trying to find a way to IM you but am new to this site and couldn't quite figure it out!!! Will you post the recipe for the brownie mix? I am on day 19 or so of being OP and have lost 14 pds. I am doing well but need a little change or I can see myself getting bored!! Thanks so much and congrats on your weight loss. That is AWESOME!! How has it been keeping the weight off? That is my worse fear.. I know I can lose the weight but worry that old habits will try to inch back in.. Thanks in advance!!

Sure, so I don't have it readily available so I'm just going to tell you by memory ok?

one pack of creamy hot cocoa
add water to the consistency of cookie dough (not so it's like pudding, you want it pretty dry... I just add a teaspoon or two and that's usually enough but you have to play with it until you get it how you like it.
add 1 pack of splenda
add cinnamon to taste (I sprinkle it on the top)
mix

put it in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until it's the consistency of a brownie....

DONE! woohoo!

Now the actual recipe calls for a teaspoon of olive oil but it's not necessary. If you want to try it with a teaspoon of olive oil and a teaspoon of water you can, but it's up to you!

enjoy!

Good job on your weight loss! I've been successful in keeping my weight off but it's something that I still stay focused on. I believe in living a 75/25 lifestyle.... so 75% of the time, I eat really healthy and then if I want to eat something that's not such a healthy decision, I don't feel quilty. I have to tell you though, I am a food addict and I know every day that I wake up, it's a choice for me to treat my body right and to love myself more than I love food. It's like any other addiction for me. My advice to you.... stay through maintenance. Too many people finish program and believe they have this "life" thing figured out. But that part is really the part most of us struggle with. You are going to do great!:hug:

namaste
06-17-2010, 02:14 PM
namaste, what is the gooey brownie recipe??? :)

Sorry... I just posted it for you all. I'll put it in the recipe thread too.

wendinnc
06-17-2010, 03:25 PM
Well we are going camping tomorrow for the weekend and I am trying to plan what to bring so I can go shopping tonight. I really plan to stay on program so I have to have everything planned out so I don't fail. Wish me luck.... I'll tune in Monday with how it went. :)
Have a great weekend everyone!!
(btw... lost one more pound at w/i today for a total of 13 pounds down!)

eli87marie
06-17-2010, 03:27 PM
I have been out of touch for awhile and just got caught back up on everyone progress... all I have to say is GREAT JOB! This site really helps to inspire me and keep me motivated! Its sometimes hard when the people you are around don't understand how hard this thing really is.. I feel good to know I can come vent on here and won't be judged!

I went to weigh in today and I'm down 3.5 lbs! I was estatic! Hopefully next week I'll sign the 10 lbs board!!!

Junie04
06-17-2010, 04:11 PM
Well we are going camping tomorrow for the weekend and I am trying to plan what to bring so I can go shopping tonight. I really plan to stay on program so I have to have everything planned out so I don't fail. Wish me luck.... I'll tune in Monday with how it went. :)
Have a great weekend everyone!!
(btw... lost one more pound at w/i today for a total of 13 pounds down!)

Way to go Wendi!!! I go back today to WI too, but I am not feeling too good about it. I feel super bloated right now.

Good luck on the camping trip. I know you will do great. 13 pounds is great!

Junie04
06-17-2010, 04:12 PM
I have been out of touch for awhile and just got caught back up on everyone progress... all I have to say is GREAT JOB! This site really helps to inspire me and keep me motivated! Its sometimes hard when the people you are around don't understand how hard this thing really is.. I feel good to know I can come vent on here and won't be judged!

I went to weigh in today and I'm down 3.5 lbs! I was estatic! Hopefully next week I'll sign the 10 lbs board!!!

Way to go! I hope you meet your goal!

ladystarrider
06-18-2010, 05:19 PM
I just visited with a new neurologist this morning. I have been taking a drug called Divalproex for several years ostensibly to prevent migraines. The doctor said he was surprised that I had been able to lose any weight at all while taking this medication! Needless to say, I'm now taking something entirely different. If I had known about the "weight gain" side effect, I would have sought an alternative much sooner.
It was a good day on two counts. I went to WI, and my total loss now stands at 22 pounds and 30 inches in 60 days!:D

jenkatt
06-18-2010, 08:07 PM
I just visited with a new neurologist this morning. I have been taking a drug called Divalproex for several years ostensibly to prevent migraines. The doctor said he was surprised that I had been able to lose any weight at all while taking this medication! Needless to say, I'm now taking something entirely different. If I had known about the "weight gain" side effect, I would have sought an alternative much sooner.
It was a good day on two counts. I went to WI, and my total loss now stands at 22 pounds and 30 inches in 60 days!:D
Congrats!

jenkatt
06-18-2010, 08:08 PM
I weighed in today only expecting a pound or so of loss. I was wrong. I was down another 3 pounds, for a total of 15. I'm averaging about 3.5 pounds per week. Turns out staying on plan works!

SandyKC0SWJ
06-18-2010, 09:55 PM
I weighed in today and lost 2 lbs. But more importantly I broke out of the 3's. Doing the 'happy dance'!!!!!

a82allison
06-20-2010, 07:01 PM
I'm new here. :) I did preconditioning last week and when I went in on Friday I had lost 4 pounds! YAY! I'm on the yellow menu now, and I am not hungry at all. I'm having to force myself to eat. I like not being hungry, but its a strange feeling because I don't feel like I'm eating much. Anyone know what causes that feeling?
I go back on Tuesday to weigh again and get the next menu. My scale at home keeps going down so I am in good spirits! :)

hatethesweatpants
06-20-2010, 07:34 PM
I weighed in today only expecting a pound or so of loss. I was wrong. I was down another 3 pounds, for a total of 15. I'm averaging about 3.5 pounds per week. Turns out staying on plan works!

Wonderful!!

hatethesweatpants
06-20-2010, 07:35 PM
I weighed in today and lost 2 lbs. But more importantly I broke out of the 3's. Doing the 'happy dance'!!!!!

That's fantastic! :carrot:

AngelaB
06-21-2010, 12:33 AM
Sounds like lots of you have had good losses this week! Keep up the great work everyone!!!

Junie04
06-21-2010, 12:41 PM
I'm new here. :) I did preconditioning last week and when I went in on Friday I had lost 4 pounds! YAY! I'm on the yellow menu now, and I am not hungry at all. I'm having to force myself to eat. I like not being hungry, but its a strange feeling because I don't feel like I'm eating much. Anyone know what causes that feeling?
I go back on Tuesday to weigh again and get the next menu. My scale at home keeps going down so I am in good spirits! :)

Good luck to you! It sounds like you are doing a fantastic job!

melNco
06-21-2010, 03:07 PM
ok back on track today... after being off for 3 week of vaca and a week or not feeling great. I cant believe it's been a month :( but i am feeling good, stayed on track so far today and drinking my water!!!

guinevere75
06-21-2010, 04:17 PM
Hi All - quick question - I've found myself forgetting to take my pills at lunch time, and have been taking them in the afternoon when I remember. Anyone know if this is something that will affect me poorly in the longrun? Is taking them w/food a prerequisite? Specifically, my multi, EFA, MRC6 and ETM.

mtgal1453
06-21-2010, 09:32 PM
Hey everyone! So I went to summer camp last week, scared of not being able to stay on program. Although I was not able to follow it to the T, I did better then I've done in the past which was what my consultant said my goal should be! Although at one point I ate mashed potatoes, I stayed away from all the desserts. I don't know what the scale will say tomorrow, but I feel like last week was a personal feat. This program does lead to true life changes!

GoalAug2010
06-22-2010, 12:41 AM
Congrats mtgal1453, welcome back! Sounds like you did great! The more you make the good choices the easier it gets!

Jamie68123
06-22-2010, 07:52 PM
I weighed in today and was at 201. I was so hoping to be under 200! Hopefully next weigh in!

GoalAug2010
06-23-2010, 12:29 AM
Today I signed the 40# board! I had not realized I was that close, so I was caught a bit by surprise! For some reason, it took a long time to get from 20# to 30#, but going from 30# to 40# has just flown by!

I hope this pace keeps up! I finally feel like the end is in sight!

Jamie68123
06-23-2010, 12:58 AM
Congratulations GoalAug2010, that's great!

skinnysissa
06-23-2010, 06:26 AM
Today I signed the 40# board! I had not realized I was that close, so I was caught a bit by surprise! For some reason, it took a long time to get from 20# to 30#, but going from 30# to 40# has just flown by!

I hope this pace keeps up! I finally feel like the end is in sight!

Congrats!! I also signed the 40# board yesterday too!! I usually weigh myself religiously about three times a day, but during MC I have only been weighing at the center (to prevent myself from cheating). I hope you keep up the good HARD work!

jenkatt
06-23-2010, 06:36 AM
Congrats to all the board signers!!!!

hatethesweatpants
06-23-2010, 08:40 AM
Wow, everyone, awesome! I am 2 lbs away from the 30lb board - I WANT IT by Friday!

kclewis5606
06-23-2010, 11:07 AM
I just resigned on Monday for 17 weeks. This is my second time doing metabolic. I lost 35lbs back in 2008, never went through maintenance and gained back what I had worked so hard to lose. I am even more motivated this time around and looking forward to chating with each of you help keep me motivated!! I love reading all of the posts and hearing everyones success story!!

Does anyone know anything about the "All Day Weight Loss"? My center recommended this to get me jump started (in addition to the usual MRC-6, cortitrim). Just curious as I have not heard much about it.

dmscrap
06-23-2010, 01:27 PM
I finally hit 15 lbs, I have an awful time staying on plan 100%. I feel like its going so slow for me been on it 8 weeks now. But I am happy that I am averaging 2 lbs a week! I was told that bariatric surgery avg's 2 lbs a week - so I'm really happy about that!

jenkatt
06-23-2010, 02:02 PM
I finally hit 15 lbs, I have an awful time staying on plan 100%. I feel like its going so slow for me been on it 8 weeks now. But I am happy that I am averaging 2 lbs a week! I was told that bariatric surgery avg's 2 lbs a week - so I'm really happy about that!
It took me awhile to hit 15 pounds to. Now it seems to be coming off easier. Hang in there - it's worth it!

a82allison
06-23-2010, 05:29 PM
So after Day 4 of the Yellow menu I lost 3.5 more pounds! Yay! I'm so loving this! So far after 8 days on program I've lost 7.5 pounds! :) Can you tell I'm happy? I know my loss is going to slow down, I've heard you lose fast at first and then it kinda tapers off.. I'm not looking forward to that. But right now I am ecstatic!

Hvnlymzic
06-23-2010, 10:30 PM
Hello everyone...it's been a long month. I fell off of the truck and laid there while it backed over me a couple times...but I'm done with that. No feeling sorry for myself. I just re-upped my contract for another 14 weeks, so I'm ready to jump back into it. I've got everything i need including motivation. I'm up 4lbs and I'm gonna change my ticker to reflect that. I've never put a gain back on there, but i'm gonna this time. I think it'll help me to see the weight on there, and i'll get to take it off of there when i lose it. I can't get to my ticker right this second since i'm not at my computer with the bookmark, but I'm gonna do it tonight. It's good to see you all again and my contract says i can lose 42lbs in 14weeks...I want every one of those, so i'd better start now!

RonnieAdl
06-24-2010, 01:10 AM
Glad to see you are back! I see there have been a few of us MIA.. So I am happy to see you back again. I just started the Meals Made Easy at MRC so we will see how it goes.. I should have been done and WAS on stabilization and couldn't hack it.. I have seen how quickly the weight comes back on and so now I know I can't fool around anymore..

Cheers!
Ronnie

MEEZOOGIRL
06-24-2010, 07:56 AM
Hello everyone...it's been a long month. I fell off of the truck and laid there while it backed over me a couple times...but I'm done with that. No feeling sorry for myself. I just re-upped my contract for another 14 weeks, so I'm ready to jump back into it. I've got everything i need including motivation. I'm up 4lbs and I'm gonna change my ticker to reflect that. I've never put a gain back on there, but i'm gonna this time. I think it'll help me to see the weight on there, and i'll get to take it off of there when i lose it. I can't get to my ticker right this second since i'm not at my computer with the bookmark, but I'm gonna do it tonight. It's good to see you all again and my contract says i can lose 42lbs in 14weeks...I want every one of those, so i'd better start now!

Glad to see you.. Have a good trip??? I'm still struggling.. Having a really hard time staying 100% on program. I'm trying the metaquick this week to see if that kicks my butt in gear.. Good Luck!!!

melNco
06-24-2010, 10:39 AM
Glad to see you are back! I see there have been a few of us MIA.. So I am happy to see you back again. I just started the Meals Made Easy at MRC so we will see how it goes.. I should have been done and WAS on stabilization and couldn't hack it.. I have seen how quickly the weight comes back on and so now I know I can't fool around anymore..

Cheers!
Ronnie

what are the meals made easy?

Hvnlymzic
06-24-2010, 10:55 AM
Yes, I had a great trip and came back to family drama...ugh. Thats not why I was eating off plan, but it didn't help matters any. I'm at the same weight now that i was at at the end of like April...kinda sucks. I lost like a whole month, but I wasn't ever focused in May, so I didn't lose anything anyway...and my contract expired in mid-May anyway, so technically, my off-plan weeks, were "free". I think thats funny, but maybe thats just me.

Meezo, I'm struggling to girl. I'm recommitted now and ready to get back into it. So far...perfect today. One hour at a time, I swear. I need to get on my water, but other than that...i'm doing good so far today.

Jamie68123
06-24-2010, 12:07 PM
This may not be a big deal for most people, but today I was under 200 for the first time. It's like a mini-milestone for me. I have 59.2 lb to go still, but I'm excited to be under 200!

Junie04
06-24-2010, 12:53 PM
This may not be a big deal for most people, but today I was under 200 for the first time. It's like a mini-milestone for me. I have 59.2 lb to go still, but I'm excited to be under 200!

That is so great Jamie! I can't wait to be there too! What a great day!

Jamie68123
06-24-2010, 12:58 PM
Thank you, Junie04!

dkmd27
06-24-2010, 01:12 PM

YAY ..... glad you are in ONEderland!! :carrot:

and .... it IS a big deal!!

MEEZOOGIRL
06-24-2010, 01:12 PM

That's GREAT!!! Onderland is a big accomplishment.. :bravo:

dkmd27
06-24-2010, 01:18 PM
Well, just back from a trip to to Iowa where I went crazy!! Fried onion rings, fried cheese curds, fried sweet potato fries, fried tenderloins, no HNS, no nothing ..... interesting, I turned down nothing -- ate dessert, BBQ, etc. Was up 7 pounds, which was all gone in 2 days .... which surprised me, but I'll take it. And the most surprising thing -- I didn't even feel bad about it.

Well, after much soul searching the past few days, and realizing the depth of my emotional attachment to food, I pulled out my copy of "100 Days of Weight Loss", got a spiral notebook and committed to doing the written exercise every night before bed, along with charting my weight. I feel pretty committed to that and feel good about it. The book was recommended by a consultant at the center a few years ago when I still went. I never did anything with it. So, I surprised myself last night by writing a whole page!! YIKES! Anyway, I'm committed to tackling this one day at a time, and if I struggle with that, it will be one meal or snack at a time.

We're gonna do this!!

Jamie68123
06-24-2010, 01:19 PM
OH OK DUH! So that's what Onederland means...I had no idea! LOL!

RonnieAdl
06-24-2010, 04:57 PM
what are the meals made easy?

This is a new menu plan MRC has.. You write down all the foods you like and the ones you don't and they have a dietician they send it to and using the MRC guidelines they make up your menus for you for each meal. It is kind of neat.. It is kind of like the stabilization part of the plan. They told me they have people who have lost 3-5 lbs a week. I like it.. I signed on for another 17 weeks. I also see a therapist once a week too so that should help some.. You get more stuff like dairy and starches.. So it seems to work for me.. I will weigh in tomorrow and see if I lost anything this last week. I will let you know!

Cheers!
Ronnie:carrot:

RonnieAdl
06-24-2010, 04:58 PM

Hey that is a big deal! Congratulations.. Keep up the great work.. You can do this!

Cheers!

Ronnie:)

Hvnlymzic
06-24-2010, 07:44 PM
Big congrats to you Jamie!!! Thats a great milestone.

Jamie68123
06-24-2010, 07:56 PM
Thank you!

skinnyby25
06-28-2010, 02:01 PM
down 50lbs today! i'm only 4.6 lbs away from my original mrc goal. i am going on vacation next week, so my goal is to loose 2lbs before then and not get back into the 160s. i haven't been following the mrc diet exactly, but i use it as a guide. for the summer, it was just too restrictive for me. we go out a lot and have a lot of get togethers/ dinners/ bbq and it has been too hard to follow. this month i think i am really getting that this is a lifestyle change. i'm really conscious about what i eat now and i make good decisions for the most part. i may not be following the diet exactly, but what i have been doing is working for me now so i'm going to stick with it. i'm so grateful i found mrc and this forum when i did. this forum gives me so much motivation and knowledge. the mrc program is really what works for me, low carbs and being in ketosis, this program is a great foundation for me.as long as i am in ketosis i will still lose weight. i haven't had starches in a month. so i hope everyone is having a great summer and congrats to all who have lost and stayed on plan!

dkmd27
06-28-2010, 02:54 PM
down 50lbs today! i'm only 4.6 lbs away from my original mrc goal.!

Yay!!! That is awesome, and whatever works for you is a good thing. You seem to have found a nice compromise -- congratulations!!!:carrot:

mtgal1453
06-28-2010, 03:48 PM
I weighed in today, and was down 3.5 pounds, making my total 15 pounds in 4 weeks! =)

dmscrap
06-28-2010, 09:07 PM
Weighed in today, another 2 lbs... at least I'm consistant! Down 17 lbs so far. Hopefully, slow means it sticks!

jenkatt
06-28-2010, 09:25 PM
Down another 1.5 pounds today. I'm 3 shy of 20 pounds. Hoping I can do it this week!!!

MEEZOOGIRL
06-29-2010, 08:18 AM
I've hit a major plateau the last three weeks.. I've been the same weight for 3 weeks.. I even resisted cupcakes at my daughters bday party. I know my body will catch up, it's just frustrating. I even did metaquick last week, and that didn't help.

I'm going to be 100% On Program this week, and max out my HNS and water. Hopefully that'll help. I'm trying really hard not to get discouraged.
I hit 50lbs and have stuck there.. One meal at a time..

Hvnlymzic
06-29-2010, 08:54 AM
Meezoo...try shaking your meals up a little. Eat someting different that you don't normally eat...like it you always have ******** for lunch, eat something else. Sometimes just a change in menu can help push a plateau over. Don't get discouraged...I'm with ya. May was one long plateau for me. Totally frustrating. No idea if I'm going to show a big loss or just a normal one at this weeks' weigh in. I go in tomorrow. We'll see I guess. Hang in there!! We know if we stick to it we have to lose...it'll catch us sometime.

melNco
06-29-2010, 03:05 PM
...still struggling..

Junie04
06-29-2010, 03:33 PM
Glad to see all of you who have lost weight this week! Way to go!

When do we start signing boards for weight loss? What's the first board? I lost 15.8 as of today and was just wondering. Thanks!

dkmd27
06-29-2010, 03:45 PM

When do we start signing boards for weight loss? What's the first board? I lost 15.8 as of today and was just wondering. Thanks!

Junie ... you should have signed one at 10, most centers have them in 10# increments. Ask them!

Junie04
06-29-2010, 05:15 PM
Junie ... you should have signed one at 10, most centers have them in 10# increments. Ask them!

Really? Awe, I wonder why they never mentioned it!

Thanks!

wendinnc
06-29-2010, 05:16 PM

Way to go to you too!!!!!! Great Job! You must be feeling a huge difference now in your clothes.
I signed a board when I reached 10 pounds..... I actually felt kind of silly, but it sure put a smile on my face. :)

Junie04
06-29-2010, 05:19 PM
Way to go to you too!!!!!! Great Job! You must be feeling a huge difference now in your clothes.
I signed a board when I reached 10 pounds..... I actually felt kind of silly, but it sure put a smile on my face. :)

Thanks Wendi. I haven't really been feeling too great about my weight loss. The 1.6 today seemed low. My clothes are getting baggy, but I'm not quite in the previous size. It's frustrating to be in this limbo clothing stage!

Let us know how your weigh in goes Thursday.

Mary1011
06-30-2010, 12:35 PM
I got to sign the 50 pound board today!

MEEZOOGIRL
06-30-2010, 01:11 PM

Way to go Mary.:cp:.. That's great!!!!:bravo: Congrats..

jenkatt
06-30-2010, 01:58 PM
Congrats!!!

Junie04
06-30-2010, 02:41 PM

That is so awesome! I bet you are very happy today.

dkmd27
06-30-2010, 02:59 PM

WOO HOO MARY!!!!:hug::hug:

hatethesweatpants
06-30-2010, 05:58 PM
30lb board for me. Yippee!

SandyKC0SWJ
06-30-2010, 11:30 PM
Congrats to both Mary and Debi!! Way to go!! :congrat: :cheer3:

wendinnc
07-01-2010, 08:23 AM
What accomplishments Debi and Mary!!!! :) That is certainly worth celebrating!!!

classykay
07-01-2010, 11:09 AM
Can anyone tell me what supplements they feel are worth the money other than the HNS's? I'm curious for when I go to my cooking class next Friday, thanks!

Junie04
07-01-2010, 11:45 AM

That is so great Debi! You are almost half-way there!

Hvnlymzic
07-01-2010, 11:48 AM
Well...had a near perfect week. Almost no off-plan food and went to WI and was up 2 whopping pounds. I broke down when i got back in the car...Cried and cried...which lead me to the answer...pms. :| So...i'll let that fun experience just roll on by and aim for another good week. There's no way I can eat like this and NOT lose weight...always a good reminder for me after a gain.

OH...also...tried out a new HNS flavor that my center is offering...Blue Raspberry. YUMM! I highly suggest it. It's in a new kind of packaging too. Comes in a tall box and the packets (it's a concentrate) are tall with a pour spout in the plastic...so instead of tearing it open and hoping it goes in, you only tear off the little bit over the narrow pour area and hopefully aim better :) That was an upswing to my crummy WI.

Junie04
07-01-2010, 11:52 AM
Well...had a near perfect week. Almost no off-plan food and went to WI and was up 2 whopping pounds. I broke down when i got back in the car...Cried and cried...which lead me to the answer...pms. :| So...i'll let that fun experience just roll on by and aim for another good week. There's no way I can eat like this and NOT lose weight...always a good reminder for me after a gain.

Sorry about your gain. I had one while PMSing and it sucked!! I hope you feel better about it now and can move on.

I tried the blue raspberry too. It's pretty good.

Mary1011
07-01-2010, 02:16 PM

OH...also...tried out a new HNS flavor that my center is offering...Blue Raspberry. YUMM! I highly suggest it. It's in a new kind of packaging too. Comes in a tall box and the packets (it's a concentrate) are tall with a pour spout in the plastic...so instead of tearing it open and hoping it goes in, you only tear off the little bit over the narrow pour area and hopefully aim better :) That was an upswing to my crummy WI.

Great job sticking to program well. Keep it up like you plan to and you'll get your benefits.

I got the blue raspberry too and thought it was a nice change. I want to freeze it into popsicles.

dkmd27
07-01-2010, 03:52 PM

Great job Debi!!:carrot:

dkmd27
07-01-2010, 03:53 PM
Well...had a near perfect week. Almost no off-plan food and went to WI and was up 2 whopping pounds. I broke down when i got back in the car...Cried and cried...which lead me to the answer...pms.

I'm so sorry Sam .... but you are strong and committed -- awesome! Maybe next week will be HUGE!! ;)

dmscrap
07-02-2010, 06:07 PM
Did a double weigh in this week for a total of 6.5 lbs lost!!! I think my brain is finally over something. I have stuck to the plan 100% since Sunday! I am still in shock!

dmscrap
07-02-2010, 06:08 PM
Debi and Mary - that is awesome!! Great job!!!!