Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-01-2010, 12:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/189.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Default c25k podcast

For those of you who are/have done the c25k program, did you use a podcast or not? If so who's did you use? Can you include a link? I'm looking for one, but I really don't want vulgar language and prefer christian....I've been looking but not having much luck.
lots2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:17 PM   #2  
Roly-Poly Jock Girl

S/C/G: 342/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I just started using podrunner intervals and I really like it so far. It's mostly instrumental (no language worries there) with a consistent beat for the running and walking intervals.
I especially liked that the intervals were marked with a chime--one other program that I tried before had the intervals marked with some guy telling me it was time to run...I like the chime much better.
I'm a techno-weanie and don't know how to add a link, but here's where I found them:

djsteveboy.com/intervals.

Good luck!
BluCypressLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:56 PM   #3  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

If you have an iPod/iPhone (and there might be other podcasts out there that do the same thing) -

I used a Couch to 5K app, I don't remember what it cost but definitely less than $5. It does its thing in the background, marking the intervals, and you play your own music. I love it since I have one particular album that I have run to for *years* and for some reason I am still motivated by that particular music.

I would say the down-sides are:
1. Someone is telling you to run! Which I don't mind, I need some
2. If your music beat doesn't match up with the segment - e.g. really fast music when you're supposed to be walking or a pause between songs when you are running - it can be distracting.

But overall I really liked that it let me use my own music. One of the main reasons I bought an iPod last summer was so I could use this program.
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 05:10 PM   #4  

Height: 5'11

I am currently using runningintoshape.com, and kissmyblackass.org

I really like both of those podcasts.
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 05:18 PM   #5  
The girl who can

S/C/G: 240/207.8/165

Height: 5'6"

I did Day One today and I'm thinking a podcast would make it much easier. I tried using my cell phone - the stopwatch to time the intervals and the alarm so I'd know when the 20 minutes were up. It was definitely too complicated when you're focused on trying not to DIE.

I found this Christian podcast for C25k: http://www.buriedtalentsband.com/C25K/ (I don't know if it's any good or if the download works or anything...I'm still debating before choosing.)
Rochester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:35 PM   #6  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

There is a Christian podcast. I personally can't remember where I got my two... but I have two different ones I use depending on my mood. I'm the kind of person who HAS to have music... otherwise I have no incentive. So yeah...

(I'm currently on W2D2... and feeling great!)
Serbrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 415/350/245

Height: 6'3

google Ullrey
Not really christian but it doesn't have vulgar and its free.
azdevils14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:10 AM   #8  
Working My Way Back Down

I have used ullrey's, and it's free of vulgarity but does have kind of techno music, some of which annoys me. He made it for the C25K as written, so he tells you when to run, when to walk, and has a few encourging statements in each session. Plus if's free.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:01 PM   #9  
The girl who can

S/C/G: 240/207.8/165

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochester View Post
I found this Christian podcast for C25k: http://www.buriedtalentsband.com/C25K/ (I don't know if it's any good or if the download works or anything...I'm still debating before choosing.)
Ok, I don't recommend this one. I downloaded it this evening and listened to it. The musicians are very amateur and the music is a much slower tempo than I would like.
Rochester is offline   Reply With Quote