100 lb. Club - JUNE NSV's

View Full Version : JUNE NSV's

Sandi
06-01-2010, 12:22 PM
For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the actual number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, resisting temptation, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. So let's start filling it up!

Lyn2007
06-01-2010, 12:32 PM
My favorite bras, that always fit just right, are saggy and the straps are falling off my shoulders! I measured and omg, I am no longer a C, I am a B! I haven't been a B since I was a teenager!! (Yes I am actually excited about this, lol).

WarMaiden
06-01-2010, 03:50 PM
*thumbs up* Lyn! Go get some new bras ASAP, because wearing bras that don't fit right will make you feel still-fat, but new bras will make you feel HOT and AWESOME like you are :)

This is an NSV from the weekend, but I was lazy about posting. On Saturday my husband and I went rollerskating. This is the third or fourth time we've been in the past few months--and I've been really intent on my strength-training recently specifically because I wanted my legs and knees to be strong enough that I wasn't shaky and freaked out on the skates. And, success! I was able to really finally GET IN THE GROOVE of skating again (I used to skate as a tween and loved it). I had about half an hour of sheer, endorphin-blissed-out joy once I found that groove, where I felt graceful and strong and fast enough. It was amazing and so FUN.

GirlyGirlSebas
06-05-2010, 10:22 AM
Last evening, I went to a meeting where there was a bowl of pecans and a plate of cookies sitting right in front of me on the table. I stuck to my plan and didn't eat one bite! Then, I went grocery shopping and stood in torture alley while waiting to check out. Honestly, it was about 8 feet of candy, chips, sodas, etc, etc, leading up to the register....on both sides of me! But, I did not purchase my usual regular Pepsi and Snickers bar! :D

Also, it could just be my imagination, but I think my jeans are just a tad looser.:D

This used to be one of the most active and inspiring threads on 100lb club. What happened?

CanadianCutie
06-05-2010, 03:03 PM
Twice in the past 7 days I have worn a dress out. I have not worn a dress (without shorts in years). I feel sexy, pretty and great.

Lyn2007
06-05-2010, 03:11 PM
I tossed FIVE more pairs of pants in the Fat Clothes box to be gotten rid of this morning, and when I tried on the new jeans that did not fit or even button last month, they are PERFECT and even a tiny bit loose!

ubergirl
06-05-2010, 10:45 PM
Someone at work today told me I look like a teenager!!!

mizb1978
06-06-2010, 12:50 AM
I guess this could be considered an NSV.
More ongoing than anything. I have not gone to the vending machine at work for over 5 weeks. Before my commitment to weight loss I would go at least once, if not twice a day. I don't even want to think of the calories I spent, let alone the money!!

Lyn2007
06-06-2010, 11:58 AM
Last night I was lying on my side and felt a BONE in my leg! Freaky :)

Mellington
06-06-2010, 12:16 PM
I was told that you could see the Movement in my body .. Not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing I am taking it as a good thing :D

sarcruze
06-06-2010, 12:37 PM
Quite a few people at work have told me that I am looking really good but that I need to buy new clothes cos they r getting too baggy on me.lol

time2lose
06-06-2010, 05:38 PM
Lately it seems that I have an NSV every day.

- I can do so much more than I used to. Energy, energy, energy - didn't know that I could feel this good
- Compliments - My weight loss has really slowed down but I seem smaller and can fit into smaller clothes. I think it is the exercise. I got several compliments yesterday and today.
- I can fit into the "skinny" person spot at our table. The place where we used to always stick my youngest son.
- This morning I decided to try the exercise DVD that I gave up on a few months ago. It was easy today!

Lyn2007
06-06-2010, 07:59 PM
I have another one today! I am teaching my child to ride a bike. We were walking down a little hill and she got going a bit fast and I had to RUN to stay with her!!!!!!! I did it, I ran (well, sort of jogged) for a short distance (maybe 10 seconds both times). I know that sounds lame but I am very lower-half heavy AND have knees that are shot, and I have not moved that fast since, oh, maybe 1996!!!!!

GonnaTurnHeads
06-07-2010, 04:39 AM
oh my goodness I can see a defined thigh muscle!

chicpanda
06-07-2010, 09:40 AM
My abdominal hernia has healed. I can lean over w/o pain and do housework much faster. More exercise for me!

Coondocks
06-07-2010, 10:25 AM
I bought size 14 pants at Rickis . . . my work towards size . . . . and they are now my actual size :) :) :)
I even have some give room in a medium shirt . . . YAY!

WarMaiden
06-07-2010, 12:15 PM
Had to start wearing my bra band on the next-smaller hook because my straps had suddenly started falling down all the time. It's amusing how surprising it is to see the actual proof that I'm getting smaller!

lookin2lose
06-07-2010, 01:25 PM
I bought a swimsuit after the season was over last year...because it was crazy cheap. Put in on at the lake this weekend, and what do you know it's way too big. I had to wear shorts with it because the bottoms looks like bloomers! I loved every minute of it...it was a constant reminder of what I'm working towards.

mingle
06-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Today marked my 40th day of exercise in a row!! :D And I feel great! It is amazing what I can do now that I couldn't do 40 days ago!

MamaP
06-07-2010, 03:10 PM
I am wearing a dress today and don't feel awkward or self-conscious about it . . . In the past six weeks I have purchased 6 new dresses that are above the knee in length - very feminine looking. I rarely wear dresses/skirts and they are always maxi-length. I am truly a jeans and t-shirt kind of person. Two of the new dresses I bought don't fit yet, but hopefully by the fall.

WarMaiden
06-07-2010, 03:22 PM
A very sweet co-worker just called me "skinny minnie" (she doesn't see me very often, I've lost perhaps 5 to 10 pounds since the last time). Teehee!

GonnaTurnHeads
06-07-2010, 07:22 PM
When I first started this journey, I was only able to do 10 minutes of cardio - and that made me feel like I was going to pass out. Today, I did 2hrs and 55 minutes STRAIGHT of cardio at goal heart rate!

Sheena41
06-07-2010, 07:31 PM
Size 12 petite capris!!

girlonfire
06-09-2010, 02:28 AM
Hehe, in posting my NSV I am bumping this thread up! So today basically my mom brought home one of my *FAVORITE* foods, an eclair. In my head I was basically battling with myself "no you're eating healthier" or "it won't matter this one time", but then I decided "it DOES matter this time". So, I told my parents no thanks, said they could eat my portion of the eclair, and ate my planned two squares of organic dark chocolate with a teaspoon of peanut butter. There will be plenty of other opportunities for me to eat an eclair in my life, when I plan it ahead. It will be so much better on my birthday, when I will(crossing fingers) be in onederland!

Yeesh ladies, sorry for such a long post! I have a tendency to over-post :o

Loving Me
06-09-2010, 04:29 AM
I've bought three new pairs of summer shoes in the last few weeks, all different styles. ALL three pair are comfy to wear, even the one pair with heels!
For so many years it took forever to find a pair of shoes that fit and didn't cripple me, and they cost a fortune. I spent so little on these cute shoes and the heels I wore all day the other day when we were out for the day, and although my feet were tired, they didn't hurt from the shoes!

ubergirl
06-09-2010, 10:47 AM
When I first started this journey, I was only able to do 10 minutes of cardio - and that made me feel like I was going to pass out. Today, I did 2hrs and 55 minutes STRAIGHT of cardio at goal heart rate!

Awesome!!!!!! That is just terrific!!! Cardio used to make me want to pass out too, but NO MORE! But almost 3 hours of cardio is nothing short of amazing.:carrot::carrot::carrot:

ubergirl
06-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Decided to try on clothes yesterday....

It's official-- I can wear a NORMAL size 14-- though it's tightish at the waist band....

Shmead
06-09-2010, 11:20 AM
This is a scale victory, really, but I weighed 179.2 this morning, which makes me "overweight", not obese for the first time in well over ten years. Also, it marks a 40% loss of body weight. I'm pretty pleased.

MamaP
06-09-2010, 11:41 AM
Congrats Schmead - that's quite an accomplishment. Congrats Ubergirl on the size 14 - that's my next clothing goal. And congratulations to everyone on their NSV's. Keep up the good work.

graciegoose13
06-09-2010, 11:48 AM
I just ran my first 5k!

Terre
06-09-2010, 03:05 PM
I can see the toliet seat while sitting on it. I know, kinda stupid but my belly was so big I couldnt see it. Now its there :)

My electric bill will be a little lower. Cause I set the air at 80 cause I freeze now.

GonnaTurnHeads
06-10-2010, 08:30 PM
I lost 10 inches over the course of 15 days! :)

ubergirl
06-10-2010, 09:47 PM
I wore a cute little suit, had about ten interviews, and felt comfortable!

WarMaiden
06-17-2010, 12:59 PM
This morning after my workout, I was in the bathroom getting ready for work, and as I lifted my hands to work on my hair I noticed this indentation in my shoulder muscle. I don't know quite how to describe it; my muscles have been pretty obvious and defined since I started working them a few months ago, but this was a clear advance in definition. It was exciting! I made my husband admire it, too :)

kendra
06-17-2010, 11:43 PM
I took this as a NSV-not sure if it is or not

I was at work and at 2 different times and 2 different days, I had other co-workers tell me "wow, you have really big eyes. I've never noticed them before." I took it to mean that I've lost in my face, but I didn't say i was losing weight, figure I would let them figure it out first. ;)

ubergirl
06-18-2010, 12:04 AM
I shopped in the regular department. I'm officially a 14!! And one thing that fit was a 12.

GonnaTurnHeads
06-19-2010, 09:23 PM
I got hit on last night at the bar! --- A few times!!!

ubergirl
06-19-2010, 10:22 PM
yesterday my mom wanted to take me shopping for new size 14 shorts, but I would have missed my run so I skipped shopping and went for a run.

time2lose
07-01-2010, 02:19 PM
OK, I know that this is July now, but I wouldn't have this NSV if I hadn't earned it in June. :)

Today my size 16 pants are loose and my recently re-sized rings are loose and sliding on my fingers. Clothing feeling loose is usually a precursor to a big whoosh!