WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters for June Heat

View Full Version : Thursday Chatters for June Heat

Tina
06-01-2010, 11:02 AM
Hello all,
This is the place to come chat. At some time, we have all weighed on Thursdays and have followed WW.
Even if you don't, you are welcome here. We give support, have fun, overall just try to solve all the problems of the world. :D

Diane, I'm going to Target right now to walk.
That will be one of my days of exercise.
Elyn, what are you serving tonight?
Susan, vacation, vacation, vacation!
Tammy, please take care and relax.
Dori, are you out of school?
Jeanne, how was the parade?
Marion, any tests this week?
Maureen, thanks for the birth date. I'm so glad you had a good visit with everyone.
Yooper and Clint how was your weekend?
Zan, being young, do you like to cook or just get take-out? My son would rather nuke things or have fast food.

Everyone have a fantastic day.

Tina
:flow1:

zanheltangia
06-01-2010, 12:12 PM
Well, Tina. My mom taught her kids to cook, ;), and unfortunately I have learned far too well (note starting weight of almost 260lbs :D).

I'm an oddball in that way, Fast Food was fine every once in a long while, but I didn't like the taste of most of it and would rather throw something together myself.

I am working on relearning how to cook healthier.
Previously I was mostly a dessert maker, as the leftovers tend to disappear quicker than anything else. My brother told me that I make a mean Sheppard's Pie as well :o, but now I basically stopped cooking since moving away from my parents' house and starting WW. So now I focus on raw fruits, veggies, single serving jello/pudding cups, and smartones between my rare cooking experiments.

I'd be cooking more now, but since there's only me to feed (and a strong aversion to leftovers), I think I'll focus on produce for now. Plus that is similar to the quick food option your son takes, it's also easier to eat while playing computer games! :lol:

[If you had my mom's leftover casserole you'd understand, :p. But it makes sense to me now looking back, sometimes you had to stretch out your pennies to make it to the next paycheck and four kids could do that to a set of parents]

nikkic718
06-01-2010, 01:39 PM
Happy Tues everyone!!!

Welcome all the newcomers!!!! U have found the best support system ever!!!!

Hope everyone had a great memorial day weekend!!! I have to make a confession and say that I definatley DID NOT stay on point :( Im ashamed lol.....ill hopefully make up for it this week. Although I did do lots of yard work and swimming and I was pouring sweat!!! So maybe that helped burn calories??!! lol Im tryin to justify.......

As for this week its a short one!!! What could be better...........well I can think of alot but hey ....Ill take it!!!!

I finally got some sun!!!!! whoo hooo I no longer am translucent lol

For all the newbies, Im nikki Im 26 from Ohio. I just got back on track after being pregnant unfortunatly I was only pregnant for 4 mths. I came back to find my lovely ladies still here to help me through this long journey!!! they are all fantastic!!! So Im on a mission now to loose about 90 more lbs!!!!!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!!! Ill chat more in a bit!!!
<3 Nikki

Tina
06-01-2010, 01:51 PM
Nikki, You definitely burned calories with all the yardwork and swimming! I'm jealous because I don't have a pool to use.
You can do it and you will!!

Guess what--today I am journaling and getting in all my calcium. I expect to see that scale move this week. ;)

nikkic718
06-01-2010, 02:12 PM
whooo hoooo tina!!!!:carrot:

auntie
06-01-2010, 08:37 PM
3 more days!!!!!!!!! and counting down!!!!! We get a check off list and I've started doing the stuff on it. I also have my room almost completely packed. It will be tomorrow. Well, actually on Friday.

Tina, Thanks for starting us off!!!

Nikki, you got plenty of exercise! Your body has been through alot so just be gentle with yourself!

Oh it's tomato time!!!! I just harvested and ate some!!! YUM!!!!! If you were all closer in a few weeks, I'd be giving them to you.

MotorCityGal
06-01-2010, 10:21 PM
Tina and Niki - great job on the exercise. :carrot:
Zan-When you learn how to cook health you can teach me.
Auntie-Tomato time is the best.
I did walk 2 miles today but I did not write down my points. I will Wednesday.
Have a great week everyone! :D

jar1965
06-02-2010, 04:22 PM
Good afternoon everyone! Woooosh, theres a storm brewing here........they are calling for heavy winds and hail! :o
Tonight is Zumba......I NEED TO ZUMBA!!!! I can't get enough to eat today! And....I definately went over in points, I'm negative 6! Yikes and that includes my zumba activity swapped points! Ahhhhh! Someone kick my behind! :club:

Diane - good job on the walk!

Susan - YAY!!! Don't cha' love summer break? *hugs to ya girlfriend!

Tina - Good job journaling! I heard that the temps were OUTRAGOUSLY Hot where you are?!?!?!?:flame:

Nikki - you definately burned calories this w/e! Good for you!

Zan - good for you on knowing how to cook and saying no to fastfood!

Tammy, Dori, Maureen and Clint........hey folks! Hope you're all drinking your water and shaking those bootys!!!

Tina
06-02-2010, 04:59 PM
Zumba
I need Zumba, too.
Last night, we went to a cafeteria. I counted my points. Then , Larry and I shared a piece of cake with delicious icing. So, I counted in all of my 35 flex points for that. :lol: :o
Jeanne, :kickbutt: consider yourself kicked. :)

Everyone have a great evening.

mum2three
06-02-2010, 07:18 PM
Hello everyone ,
My name is Dana, I am at 38 yr old mother to three girls. I am new to all of this so it might take me awhile to get the hang of it ... I have been doing WW for two weeks now and feeling pretty good. I have have a few difficult moments but am learning to cope :) I have really loved reading the posts here and for the first time don't feel so alone , I also feel that losing the weight and living healthier is really possible . So many failed attempts in the past have made me feel like I was destined to live like this forever... I am looking forward to getting to know everyone and supporting each other in this journey . Hope everyone has a fabulous day !!:carrot:

auntie
06-02-2010, 07:38 PM
Welcome to the group Dana! Glad you joined us!!

2 days and counting!!! (Like I'm taking off or something!)

Zumba is something I don't think I can do. I have NO coordination!!!! It sounds fun. If I was doing with ya'll now that would be a blast!!!

Jeanne, good for you for doing Zumba! You'll get it under control tomorrow!

Tina, do you like your new place? Does it have a gym?

Diane, how are you doing?

Maureen, how's work?

Zan, I'm a horrible cook and so is my Mom! We loved it when my Daddy would cook!

Mimi, way to go on walking! I need to look for my dvd.

Once school is out, It's back to the gym for me. I hear the pool calling my name!!!

Tina
06-02-2010, 08:21 PM
Welcome Dana!!!!! :dance: You will love it here.

Susan, no we don't have anything but a townhouse. :lol: They are going to build more townhouses behind us soon. We were talking with our neighbor and wishing they'd just put in a pool. I'm afraid the builder wouldn't like that idea----it's money, money, money.

maureen kempster
06-02-2010, 08:38 PM
Hi everyone
welcome aboard Dana-you most certainly are not alone in this journey-we're all here-
Susan, lucky you for being off for the summer-do you actually enjoy yourself and take the summer off-or do you have to take courses or anything?
as for work-I really wish I was anywhere else but there-I don't mind the work-I don't mind being busy-but I'd really rather have my old job back in edmonton.

you know if we all got webcams( and could figure out how to use them lol) we could all do zumba together !!! that would be a blast

Tina-that would be great having a pool-is there one close by to your complex at least?
I hope everyone else is doing fantastic and let's try to stay close to program anyway-good grief we can't be perfect we're human

take care
maureen

MotorCityGal
06-02-2010, 09:04 PM
Welcome Dana :cp:
You will love it here!
Went to baseball-no excercise today but I did journal. Scared to weight in on Thursday, but not going to sweat it.
Auntie 2 days and counting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zanheltangia
06-02-2010, 09:37 PM
:welcome: DANA!!! :hug:

Yeah, but stick Congri in front of me, Jar, and watch out! ;) (Congri = Cuban Black beans and Rice with a little meat and green peppers) *drools* Oh! Excuse me *dabs at face with napkin*

Motor, I've knocked down the amount of baking/cooking ingredients that I can have in the house at any one moment in time, just for that reason alone! It is so hard not to cook something dangerous, :lol:

Yeah, Auntie, it got to the point where us kids wouldn't eat anything Mom cooked (leftover casserole *shudder*) even though she is a good adult-food-cook. So Dad took over and Mom has sworn off cooking ever since and is very happy about that! (She found a way out of the kitchen, Go mom! *cheer*)

Though Dad's chilli is deadly good as well.... Glad I just ate or I'd make myself hungry talking about this. Maybe we should have a "***FOOD SPOILER***" alert just as if we were chatting about a new movie or something. That way we know not to read on if we were hungry, haha!

Sorry for the Babbling, this girl needs to crash! Way past my bedtime, ;)

jar1965
06-03-2010, 07:33 AM
:welcome2:Dana!!!!!!!

Mimi4fun
06-03-2010, 08:59 AM
Welcome Dana, good for you for working to improve your health. You Are doing it.
Its been a hot,hot week here, but finally a little cooler today so a walk is in order.
Dan and I are off to the symphony tonight to hear music from "Star Trek"
Are y'all humming it in your heads right now.:dizzy:

Ladies one way I make my walks easier is to listen to talking books while I walk.
I can download them and put them on a little stamp sized mp3 player and "read" while I walk. I listen to everything from pulitzer prize novels to sappy love stories.

Zan I think the food spoiler alert is a good idea, but that black bean dish does sound delicious. My mom's cooking wasn't the greatest either, but you are right about not having much for groceries and trying to make it go a long way. She just never got out of that penny saving mode. Now that my boys are grown up they have become a lot more adventurous with food. Kitchener was mostly german heritage and when we first moved here there were hardly any places to eat something different. Now there is a lot of choice, and I love the places that have something that I can't cook at home. I love going out for curry (okra, and cauliflower with potato) and my new favourite restaurant is Lebanese. It was opened up by a local muslim family and the dad used to work with my boys at RIM (making blackberries). No cuban restaurants yet, but maybe someday.
Have a great weekend everyone.

nikkic718
06-03-2010, 10:29 AM
Welcome Dana!!!:hug: u will love love love these ladies!!!

Auntie~ Im w ya on the no coordination lol I envy people w rythem :carrot: .....*sigh* lol

Mimi~ OMG that is such a good idea about listening to books!!! ok I'll admit it Im a huge Twilight Saga Fan........Team Edward.......:^:......lol ahhhhhh if i listented to those books I think I'd walk myself thin..........WAIT maybe thats the answer ive been looking for lol they key to my weight loss is the twilight saga on "tape"..........omg Im pathetic lol :D

Zan~ hahahaha you make me laugh with your side comments bc I can just imagine lol

Anyone have any exciting plans this weekend??? I think Ray and I might go see a Tom Petty tribute band tomorrow downtown........O ya I also have a drs appt in the morning to see if they can change my BP med and my "sugar" meds to something a little safer for when I become pregnant again (hopefully January) so Id rather them play w my meds now rather than then, ya know what I mean Jelly Beans...............o my im def in rare form today! lol.

Hope you ladies have a WONDERFUL day!!!!!

Tammy
06-03-2010, 01:59 PM
Zan, relearning to cook healthier is a great idea. I've tried to do that over the past 5-10 years. Now I rarely cook much since it's just me. I just grab something. for lunch I ate 2 tortillas with lowfat cheese and vegies. Pretty tough, right? lol

Nikki, I know that yard work and swimming worked off some calories!!!

Tina, journaling and calium are two very good goals. I journal most of the time. You ate cake, well last night Lauren brought me a strawberry shake. I counted it, and I ended up with 0 calories left over for the day, and that's ok.

Susan, I want some of those tomatoes!!!!

Diane, good for you for walking those 2 miles. I walked tuesday night for the training for the breast cancer 5k run/walk next month. We have training again tonight.

Jeanne, I miss zumba! I need to get to some classes.

Dana, welcome to the group!!!! A VERY supportive group.

Maureen, too bad about wishing you still were at the other job. I love the idea of the Zumba webcam!!!

Mimi, enjoy the symphony! Yes, I'm humming! I should listen to books when I walk.

I'm taking off on Sat. morning to meet some friends over on the other side of Ohio. We are going to a winery that has a mini-music festival I guess, also some shopping, and just girl time. We are having a slumber party that night. lol Should be fn.

nikkic718
06-03-2010, 02:09 PM
TAMMY~ what winery??? come visit me!!!! lol

Tammy
06-03-2010, 02:16 PM
nikki, breitenbach near Sugarcreek. Are you near there?

Forgot to tell you all this:

Well, let me tell you what my new thing to do is. You know that I have served on many Emmaus teams over the past few years. I received a call the end of April asking me to be the Lay Director on the Women's Emmaus Walk in November! I was nervous about taking it on, but I prayed, and I called the head guy back and said that I will do it. I will be serving along with a pastor that I know who will be the Spiritual Director. She and I are in charge! I have already been getting things together to prepare for it. The team selection committee meeting is on June 15. After that I can start making phone calls to put my team together.

My scripture reference for the walk is Ecclesiastes 3:1 - "To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under Heaven." That verse has always been special to me and even more so during Bob's illness and death. Since I chose that, I have heard the song "Turn, turn, turn" by the Byrds from the 60's that is based on that verse, I have run across the verse in 2 different books that I've read since then, and it was in a movie I watched the other night. I think it was the right verse to choose.

zanheltangia
06-03-2010, 03:30 PM
Ughhhh... Is it bad that I think that getting smacked in the back with a baseball bat would feel better than my back feels at this moment??? Owww.

Actually that veggie'n'cheese tortilla wrap sounds good to me. Maybe add a bit of mustard, mmm.

Tina
06-03-2010, 05:15 PM
I can't find my Points Finder. Help!!!!
Someone please tell me how many points.
Calories 100
Fat 5
Fiber 3
I just found some Sugar Free Oreos. They are sooooooo good!

Zan, Ouch! I'm so sorry about your back pain. My mother was an excellent cook. I miss her Sunday dinners.

Tammy, I love that scripture, too. I hope you have a wonderful group.

Susan, Yea!!!!! No More School!

Mimi, I need to get my Zen out and download a book. I could listen while on the treadmill.

Maureen, there's no pool near me, except at David's new apartment complex. He said that they would frown on me staying in the pool all day. :o

Nikki, I love, love, love Tom Petty. I wish I could come hear.

Diane, I walked around and around in a store today. It was pouring rain outside so inside it was.

I hope everyone else is doing good.

This weekend----I'm not sure what we'll be doing. I'm searching for a 9x12 rug for the dining room. Wish me luck!

Mimi4fun
06-03-2010, 05:54 PM
2 points

nikkic718
06-03-2010, 05:56 PM
tina~ the answer is 3 pts i believe!

tammy~ im about 30 min away

nikkic718
06-03-2010, 05:57 PM
oops mimis right

Tina
06-03-2010, 06:14 PM
Mimi and Nikki, thank y'all so much!
Wow, that's 1 pt. per cookie. I've got to stay away from these things.
Thanks again.

Mimi4fun
06-03-2010, 06:29 PM
I find most of those special diet or low sugar products are NOT worth it.
Sometimes there will be less sugar but more fat or vice versa.
I have to stay away from cookies, they are definitely a trigger food for me.

auntie
06-03-2010, 08:19 PM
Ok tomorrow is the last day!! Thank goodness!!!!

Let me tell you about today.... I got punched in the nose 3 yes 3 times and hard!!! My girl was having a hard day! She went home about 11. It was going to be her or me going home. I don't think it's broken but it sure hurts! I had to call the risk management department. Oh well, Pat said I need hazard pay. It's one of the things about working with deaf multiple handicapped kids, they have issues and can't always express themselves.

Tammy, that's great about coordinating the Emmanus walk! I want to go to the winery!!!

Nikki, good idea getting your meds in check.

Oh well, off to do a few things....
Did I mention the puppy that we saw about 2 weeks ago that's up for adoption? He was so cute. Anyways I keep telling Pat that I want him. He is part Terrier and Daushand. He is about 11 or 12 weeks old. He said we will discuss it next Thursday! That's the day he is not working!!!! So I'm not sure if he is joking or not. It's hard to tell sometimes. He wants him too. I have a funny feeling we will be picking him up! I'll keep you posted!

jar1965
06-04-2010, 07:28 AM
Oh so girls........I have a Tom Petty story and why "we" love him here.......;)

Some of you know, some of you don't.......In July of 2006 my daughters, then 19 & 14 were in a horrible awful life threatening car wreck. My oldest daughter was driving. The car was totaled, Jessica had to have a new knee and rods put in her right leg along with many bruises and scrapes. KAITLIN however was a different story. She had severe brain trauma, broken hip and elbow and severe facial lacerations. She was life fllighted from the scene and we were told she would not survive the night (gasping for air here because I haven't said that in a long time)....well she did....but we had many close calls over the following 7 weeks that she was in childrens hospital. They said that with constant work and PT 3 days a week for probably "ever" she may regain the stregnth and mental ability of an 8 year old! Well....let me tell you.....we worked and prayed and prayed and worked......she by the time she was 16 was back in her class full time with a B average, dancing, and DRIVING!!!! She was a very very very very typical or "normal" if you will, 16 year old! She then became a success story for a cold pack treatment experiment that Childrens did and a "poster" child story. There is much much more to the story but I was trying to keep it short. hahah! Anyway.....when she first came too whe kept singing Free Falling (Tom Petty) and all the nurses and doctors would sing with her. hahah! They would even get the other parents that were there with thier very ill children to sing along. Well later, we found out that my daughter driving was turning up the volume to the cd player and the girls were screaming at the top of their lungs to Free Falling when the wreck happened!

Well theres a little unrelated weight loss story......
Gotta run.....I used up all my time and I have to leave for work asap! Yikes!

Have a great day!

zanheltangia
06-04-2010, 09:40 AM
It's amazing how kids can bounce back! :hug: I am happy to hear that your girls are doing okay, Jar! My brother got hit by a car while riding our sister's bike. At the scene he could only remember the answers to half of the usual questions, and he ended up with rods in his leg and arm, and skin grafts. Before surgery mom felt sorry for him since he was hungry and gave the boy some cookies, so they had to push back surgery and she ended up being known as 'cookie mom' to all the nurses and his doctor. It's tough, but it is also nice that there is certain memories you can hold onto from that time that allow you to think positive instead of worrying about letting the boy out of the house on his own! :lol: Rob had been biking to the store for school supplies and ended up missing the beginning of the school year, that dork! (said lovingly;))

And Auntie, ow! Hazard pay is right! It's tough not being able to communicate clearly, your kid must have been so very frustrated, but that doesn't mean she can take it out on your nose! :(

Yeah, the points can be a shocker, Tina! I grabbed the wrong pudding cups at the store and now instead of a 1 pt snack, they're 3pts!!! That's crazy since I usually have two a day (instead of an easy 2 pts, I lose 6!!!).

Well, it's the twin's birthday today and my back is still aching. Looks like Kayaking is out! Though we are having dinner Sat at 8pm, so I better save my WPA 'cause I never eat that late.

I so wanted to go kayaking too, :(

Tina
06-04-2010, 10:35 AM
Facebook---did anyone start a message on there? All I saw was a place to make a reply. ???????

Can't write now. Will post later.

zanheltangia
06-04-2010, 11:32 AM
Huh? :?: Tina, you have me confused.

3fc does have a facebook page, I believe.

Are you asking if we have facebook profiles?

redfish53
06-04-2010, 11:47 AM
We ended up fishing again all weekend, with another weekend at the beach planned for this upcoming weekend. I have had a GREAT time using the WW IPhone App! Counting my points and staying within my numbers has been a complete breeze.

I haven't been drinking any water though :-( Do I need to do that? How much? Are their any tips and tricks that you use to get your water?

zanheltangia
06-04-2010, 02:38 PM
To meet the daily guidelines, I believe it is 6 - 8 oz of liquids. Whether water, milk, or juice.

I usually drink a bit more or a little less, but I try to get 6 glasses of water a day.

On the beach it should be easy to get that down, if it is nice and hot and you are active. You might manage a bit more, who knows, :D.

I like to keep a jug or full glass of water around as a reminder. One look at that and I can tell whether or not I need to throw back some chugs or not, haha!

Tina
06-04-2010, 04:01 PM
Hi Clint--
Ditto what Zan said about the water.

That's something about a WW IPhone app! I wonder if the same app is on an IPad???

Susan, you poor thing! I'm glad you're out of school now so your nose can heal.

Mimi4fun
06-04-2010, 06:11 PM
Clint; try to get those fluids in, not only do they help fill you up a bit your liver needs fluid to convert fat back into usable energy for your body.
Jeanne; Thats a great story ever try writing the whole thing down for real? It would be very inspirational to others. I'm thinking one of those chicken soup books or maybe something like readers digest???
Tina; I'll check up on facebook, its prob just gliching
Susan; TGIF for real for you, have a great summer holiday. That pup sounds like he would be a great addition to the family. There isn't a day go by I don't miss my "Peppy"
Zan; what did you do to your back??
Tammy;is this your get away weekend?

Sidenote: buying nursing scrubs when you are a fat woman is no fun. I spent 4 hours today driving around town before I finally put a set together.
When I shorten the pants I'll get D to photo me and I'll post it

MotorCityGal
06-04-2010, 08:51 PM
Jeanne I just read the story of your girls and the hair on the back of my neck is standing up. Thank god they are ok. I too love Tom Petty and will think of your children everytime I hear that song.

MotorCityGal
06-04-2010, 08:52 PM
Mimi sorry can't wait to see the picture :)

Tammy
06-05-2010, 01:47 PM
Susan, I agree about that hazard pay!! I think a puppy is a great idea! lol Of course since that one is part dachshund, I would say that, right??

Jeanne, I just read about the car accident. It's amazing how prayers can help you through things, isn't it?

Zan, and your brother's story too! I need to start filling a jug with water and drinking it during the day. I used to do that. Have no idea why I stopped.

Mimi, I was supposed to leave this morning, but a headache got the best of me. It's a 3 hour drive to where I was supposed to meet everyone, and just the thought of driving with a headache made it worse. I'm just hanging out at home now.

Tina, I don't know about the FB thing.

Tina
06-05-2010, 02:47 PM
Hi all,
I got one day of my exercising done today. I worked outside. I repotted and planted. Even in the shade, it was so hot!

Tammy, I'm so sorry about your headache. You were looking forward to that wine. :lol: :D Really, I hope you are feeling better by now.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Maureen, have you rested from your vacation? :)

jar1965
06-05-2010, 06:36 PM
Hi everyone~

Tammy - I'm sorry about your headache! :hug:

Thanks everyone for the kind words about my kids. I am so blessed! I truly would lay on Kaits hospital bed and beg God to let her live~ I knew in my soul that she wasn't ready to go and that she would bounce back if he gave her the chance! Woooosh, *sigh*, ok now, before I start crying I better move along.

Hope you're all having a good w/e! staying op and drinking lots of water????

Susan - you've been on my mind...:hug:

Tina - Good job getting some exercise in! I got 2.2 mile powerwalk with weights and Leslie Sansone this morning.

I had 11 extra activity points this week and was still -5 points! yikes!!!! Say a prayer for me that I at least stayed the same this week. Tomorrow is WI for me!

Gotta scoot Bob and I are playing some cards tonight before we watch a movie! I hope to NOT SNACK tonight! No kids tonight. It's very very quiet here!

auntie
06-05-2010, 10:23 PM
Hi everyone,

School is done!!!! Glad it's over for a while.... I love my job and my kids!!!! Just ready for a break! I have a workshop on Monday and the one on Friday was canceled. I'm not heart broken about that. :)

Today, we went to a farmers market and bought nothing. We came home did a few chores. Pat had practice and then band tonight. I stayed home. I took an hour and half nap! Then went to Walmart. Trying to do some chores tonight because my nephew is coming tomorrow. I'm excited about that.

Oh, one of my guinea pigs died. It was the momma one. The other one is lonely, I think. I feel sorry for it.

Jeanne, You are too sweet!!! I loved your pictures on FB. Now I need to start walking.

Tina, are you still sore?

Tammy, how is your head? You poor thing.

Mimi, I know Walmart has scrubs. I want to see pictures :)

Clint, did you catch a lot? I love water but it's nice to put oranges and lemons slices for a change.

The dryer stopped so quess I better get the clothes out.

Tina
06-06-2010, 10:06 AM
Happy Sunday :carrot:

Susan, I am so happy for you. You have time to let your nose heal :lol:
Enjoy your summer!

Mimi, Still waiting for pictures.

Maureen, soon, I'll send at least one photo of the townhouse---probably from the outside. :lol:

Jeanne, you had a fantastic weigh-in.

Dori, you are a quiet one. You too, Stephanie!
Nikki, how was the Tom Petty concert?
Tammy, is your headache better or gone?
Diane, how much exercise is on for the day?
Clint, drink that water!!!

Elyn and Yooper, let us hear from you two.

We're taking it easy today. After church, we'll go out for a bite and then home to read the paper. Exciting, huh? :dizzy:

Mimi4fun
06-06-2010, 01:15 PM
Tada

jar1965
06-06-2010, 02:09 PM
You look wonderful in your scrubs marion!!!!:carrot:

Tina
06-06-2010, 02:44 PM
Mimi---
I love the photo. Wow, you look so official. :)

girlieyorkie
06-06-2010, 03:19 PM
Sorry, I haven't posted in this new thread, and oh so many posts already, I don't know where to start!
Jeanne~ thanks for sharing such a private event, I'm speechless..... I wish you didn't have to go through such a horrible experience, but I'm really happy for you that your daughters are fine.
Congrats on the weight loss, you are so brave to work with chocolates, I would just explode!
Tina~ every single activity counts.
Susan~ sorry about the guinea pig, by the way, did you get the puppy?
Nikki~ sorry to hear about the baby.
Clint~ the WW iPhone app is wonderful, especially if you are doing WW online.
Mimi~ you look good in those scrubs. Are dark colors allowed now? In the good old days- we could only wear pastel colors.
Zan~ hope your back feels better.
Dana~ welcome, I'm pretty new in this group as well, still trying to get to know everybody.

Weigh in day for me~ I'm down 2 pounds.:) Then the program ask me to answer the questionaire so as to adjust the points :?: I told myself that it can't be true that I can go any lower than 18 points, well I did not! Still at 18 points daily. But I'm consuming a lot more than 18 points. I used all my daily, weekly, and activity points last week, and it seems to be OK if I can still lose 2 pounds.

Mimi4fun
06-06-2010, 03:45 PM
Hey Elyn; 18 is the lowest allowed on WW and 44 is the highest

Thanks everyone

MotorCityGal
06-06-2010, 06:02 PM
Mimi looking good!!!!

Ladybug2680
06-06-2010, 07:46 PM
Mimi - You look great.

Great to see so many new faces.

I haven't been on that much mainly because I haven't been OP. This last month of school was very stressful and I turned to eating instead of other things. I will be starting back just haven't decided when.

Friday was the last day for students and everything seemsed to be going well. Saturday around 12:30 pm I received news that two of my former students were killed in a four wheeler accident. I taught them two years ago when they were 6th graders and I saw them numerous times this year because they were 8th graders. Justin (DH) was very close to them as well. It's been an emotionally draining weekend. I'm trying to be positive, but it's a bit hard. I will try to post more often and keep updated on everyone.

redfish53
06-06-2010, 10:53 PM
Had a great weekend! Looking forward to a good trip to the scale. Lots of fish and a fun softball tourney with my daughter today.

maureen kempster
06-07-2010, 05:49 AM
Is it ever great to see so many new people here-
Marion you look fantastic in your scrubs
Susan, you must me feeling great-officially off today for the summer-
Jeanne thanks for sharing your story about your daughters-just wonderful that they're both fine now-there is a God
Tina, how have you been feeling
Tammy, are you feeling better after the weekend? your supposed to have the headache after the wine not before!!
I have to get back on the treadmill-since my holidays I haven't done anything.
Today I've journaled what I'm planning on eating
I always start the week with such great intentions and it goes downhill from there. Is there anyone else who does that?

well let's have a great day

maureen

jar1965
06-07-2010, 06:51 AM
Oh Dori......thats awful.......friends of ours friends just lost their 16 yr. old son Saturday night in a 4 wheeler accident. He missed a turn and hit a tree. We don't know them personally, but it sure is hard to stomach!

I'm sorry for the loss of your students!:hug:

auntie
06-07-2010, 07:47 AM
Mimi,
You can be my nurse anytime!!! What a cutie. Love the scrubs!!

Off to a workshop my first day off, my nephew us sleeping and said he would rather stay here. Go figure!!!!

nikkic718
06-07-2010, 10:30 AM
Happy Monday all......

jeanne~ you are truely blessed and thank you so much for sharing your story! it moved me.

Clint~ I went fishin to this weekend all though I am not very good at it lol

Elyn~ Thank you for your sympathy. Our time will come when we will be blessed again. :)

Tina~ We didnt go see the tom petty tribute band bc it was storming all weekend :( didnt wanna get soaked..........it was a disappointment

Mimi~ you look wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!! p.s cute scrubs!!!!

All in all we had a good weekend. didnt really do much but thats the best! lol
hope you all had a great weeekend!

nikkic718
06-07-2010, 10:32 AM
is it just on my computer that i cant see the tickers or is it everyone??

zanheltangia
06-07-2010, 01:32 PM
Hm. I can see the tickers just fine, has it changed for you, Nikki?

Well, my back is a bit better. I'm wary of letting the chiropractor near me this week, :lol: But I believe that he has helped to clear up the pain in my lower back (this was before I started even thinking of losing weight), so I think I'll continue to visit him to clear up the issues in my upper back (for now). I'd like to see if I can cut the visits down to three times a month instead of once a week though.

That's my update, other than hooking my brother and sister up with new shoes for their birthday, plus pants for the boy and a 'miraculous' bra for the girl. ;)
I wish I was gifted with her 'B's rather than the 'DD' curse, :lol: I think I know where part of the back pain originated!

girlieyorkie
06-07-2010, 07:36 PM
Hey Elyn; 18 is the lowest allowed on WW and 44 is the highest

Thanks everyone

Thanks for the info~ I hope that I would have learned how to manage with 18 daily points when (IF) I reach my goal!

redfish53
06-08-2010, 10:06 AM
Mark Twain: Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.

nikkic718
06-08-2010, 02:46 PM
Hello all my lovelies!!!

Hope you are all having a wonderful Tuesday afternoon!

I wanted to share the news that I dropped a pant size!!!!! whoooo hoooo. it was def a wonderful feeling!

Congrats to all that lost this week!!!

Im nervous to weight this week bc I got my first menstrual since we lost the baby so not only have i gained water weight Im eating more bc its depressing bc IM NOT PREGNANT anymore :(. Im not eating bad just alot lol like yesterday I ate a lot of strawberries and have not been exercising enough.

Soooooooooooo anywho........has anyone seen the movie Precious??? I watched it w my mom and my sister last night and was highly disturbed and disgusted. I dont think it was a movie for me to watch after what we just went through due to the high amount of child abuse in every way possible. im still highly disturbed and disgusted. feel free to give me your opinions if youve seen it.

ok well i guess i gotta get back to work. Talk to you all later!!! :)

Tina
06-08-2010, 04:17 PM
I just wrote a very, very long post and it's not here!!!!!

I'll try to remember what I said.

jar1965
06-08-2010, 09:12 PM
Nikki - I saw it.................and.........I didn't like it!:(

maureen kempster
06-08-2010, 09:26 PM
:bday2you:Happy Birthday Tina
All The Best And Enjoy The Day

jar1965
06-09-2010, 08:17 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TINA!!!!:celebrate::hb:

auntie
06-09-2010, 08:25 AM
Happy birthday Tina!!!!! Hope you have a terrific day!!!

redfish53
06-09-2010, 08:50 AM
Happy Birthday Tina!!!

zanheltangia
06-09-2010, 09:14 AM
Yay, Tina! Happy Birthday! :carrot:

Tina
06-09-2010, 09:28 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you
I plan on having a ball all day!!!!!

:carrot:

girlieyorkie
06-09-2010, 10:25 AM
Happy Birthday Tina.:bday2you::hb::hat:

Nikki~ WTG on going down a pant size. you rock!

MotorCityGal
06-09-2010, 06:14 PM
Happy Birthday Tina:woo:

Ladybug2680
06-09-2010, 06:51 PM
:carrot:Happy Birthday Tina:carrot: Hope you have a fabulous day.

jar1965
06-11-2010, 08:15 AM
Hi everyone! Wow...TGIF!!! I had a rough rough week! I was in a wreck (fairly bad) on Weds. Had to miss work yesterday. And my baby girl graduates tonight from high school! These are always bitter sweet occasions, and my ex always has to have an issue! I will continue that tomorrow when I have more time!

Have a good day! Stay OP and I have to get back on track!!!!!!

Tina
06-11-2010, 09:17 AM
thank you for all the well wishes for my birthday. It was a good one!!!

Oh my, Jeanne, what on earth happened????? Are you okay?????
Please tell us all about it.
It's wonderful that your "baby" is graduating. Forget the EX and enjoy tonight.

Gotta run for now.

girlieyorkie
06-11-2010, 03:55 PM
Jeanne~ Sorry to hear about the wreck, I hope you're OK.
Enjoy your baby girl's graduation.

nikkic718
06-12-2010, 07:51 AM
:celebrate::balloons::woo::hb: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TINA!!!![/SIZE]

Jeanne- OMG I hope your ok!!! Enjoy your daughters graduation!!!!! Congrats to her!!!

I dont have anything really to talk about lol my life has been pretty boring!!!!! lol I think were going fishing today.......im thrilled * sense the sarcasm* lol hopr you all have a wonderful weekend and ill post when i have more time.......

p.s im not weighing this week due to a horrific "that time of the month" the first one since everything happened last month. so needless to say im not feeling to good.

jar1965
06-12-2010, 12:13 PM
Hey everyone! Hope you are all having a great weekend!

Last night was Kaitlins graduation! Urgh...sigh....boooo! She is growing up so fast! I posted pictures for those of you that have facebook and wanna take a look! :D Cause like I'm not a proud mama!!!! haha!

Soooooooo, the wreck.......It was a biggie.....we are still waiting to see if they total the car or not. I hope not, but Bob says they are never the same after an impact like that! But.....if they do.....I already have my new one picked out! hahah! Shame on me!

Well, I better get some stuff done around the house. 2 graduation parties today. One neighbor girl and one of Kaits classmates, 2 different towns of course!

Have a great day and remember to drink your water, stay OP and muscles in motion!!!!!

Tina
06-12-2010, 03:12 PM
Jeanne, you didn't tell us what happened with the wreck. Please tell us!!!!!

Tina
06-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Hi everyone,
Today is our anniversary. Larry came in this morning with a beautiful gift. Hopefully, the photo will get on here all right.
Tonight, we're going out for seafood. I don't think this restaurant buys its seafood from around here so it will be safe to eat.

Everyone have a great rest of the weekend.
Nikki, did you go fishing. :D

maureen kempster
06-12-2010, 04:01 PM
beautiful flowers Tina-how many years?

maureen

Mimi4fun
06-12-2010, 07:39 PM
Beautiful Tina, congratulations.
Jeanne I'm glad everyone is ok, Happy car shopping!

jar1965
06-12-2010, 09:02 PM
Tina - I was slowing down as was the car in front of me, so that a truck could turn right. The car behind me never slowed down or even touched her breaks and plowed into me. They say she was going 55+ mph at impact........she pushed me after impact for a longggggg ways. ( I don't know the exact feet). The speed limit alone there is 45. fortunately I was able to avoid any poles, but got lots of other stuff.........including the rear corner of the car infront of me, a church sign and a white reflective pole, and the curb to the church parking lot......My car is trashed. The rear end is in the backseat. The lady driving was 7 or 8 months pregnant and had a toddler in the back seat. She admitted that she was distracted and that she didn't even have time to hit the breaks. she is ok. Police said we were lucky. Both of my wrists and legs are giving me some troubles. Terrible achey throb. But nothing is broken. I knew she was going to hit me and I braced myself which is why my wrists are so sore. Lucky not to have broken them! Well thats my story!

Hope you had a great night out! Happy Anniversary!:hug:

jar1965
06-12-2010, 09:03 PM
Oh and we were both in medium size SUV's!

Tina
06-12-2010, 11:11 PM
Jeanne, I'm so thankful you are okay.
Yes, I've always heard NOT to brace yourself. That's silly because that's the natural thing to do.
:hug:

girlieyorkie
06-13-2010, 06:04 AM
Tina~ happy anniversary. Congratulations. The flowers are beautiful.

Jeanne~ that's awful, I'm really happy for you that you're OK.

Mimi4fun
06-13-2010, 11:25 AM
Jeanne it sounds like it could have been so much worse. Thank God you are ok.
Sometimes I cringe when I am driving and see cars whiz by with obviously distracted drivers. I wonder if she was on her cell phone. Just the other day D and I saw a car race through a red light, the driver didn't even slow down, and its a crossing walk for kids from school, fortunately the people had already crossed.

MotorCityGal
06-13-2010, 02:05 PM
Jeanne I am glad to hear you are ok after your car wreck.
Tina-Happy Anniversary! Love the flowers!!

Tina
06-13-2010, 11:12 PM
How is everyone doing?
Strange, my last post is not here. ????? Strange!
I hope we've all had a good weekend. I really blew it! But, tomorrow is a new day/week.

Ladybug2680
06-14-2010, 06:35 AM
Jeanne - Glad that things are not as bad as they could have been. Whew!
Tina - Happy Anniversary. The flowers are absolutely gorgeous. :cheer:

I hope everyone had a good weekend. I start working with the special needs Pre-K group today for Summer School and I'm very excited about it. I love teaching the little ones and haven't done so since my first year of teaching. Plus I'm sharing a room with an amazing colleague. I'll have 6 little ones to work with for 13 days. After summer school finishes, we'll be headed out to Ohio. Can't wait to get away for a little bit to visit family and I'm hoping to meet up with Jeanne and Tammy. Ladies, I'll be in Ohio from July 1st - July 15th and we'll be in the Canton area.

Well I suppose I should run for now. I have to be at the school in a little less than an hour. Remember to stay hydrated and keep those booties moving. :dance:

Tammy
06-14-2010, 08:02 AM
Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary Tina! Beautiful flowers!!!!!

Jeanne, congrats on the graduation!

Dori, I was just in Canton over the weekend!! It would be great to meet up!

Headed to the Y soon. I missed the classes last week because of other things going on. I'm sure that I'll regret it when I get there.

nikkic718
06-14-2010, 10:27 AM
Dori~ I love about 10 min north of canton!!! maybe we could meet up!!!!

So we went fishing this weekend for a couple hrs and caught a few good size bass........Ray made me hold one and take one off the hook, it was traumatizing lol jk but really i didnt like it. lol I tried to stay on point this weekend however i think i went over. :(

Jeanne~ what kind of car areyou going to get?? my mom just got a 11 Sonata its super nice!!!

I finally got my meds changed so thats a worry behind me. i didnt really do much this weekend felt like we were continuously on the go but really didnt get much accomplished lol

We are still house hunting and let me tell you its super HARD everything i like he doesnt lol he wants a little house on a lot of land for X amount well around the part of Ohio I live its waaaaaaaaay more expensive for land than what we can afford, everything we can afford is in the city w basically no land at all. soooooo needless to say i feel like we are never going to have a house or a family. ok im done complaining lol hope everyone has a great monday!

redfish53
06-14-2010, 11:36 AM
"So we went fishing this weekend for a couple hrs and caught a few good size bass........Ray made me hold one and take one off the hook, it was traumatizing lol jk but really i didnt like it. lol"

Sounds like fun!

auntie
06-14-2010, 11:51 AM
Hi Everyone,

Oh my I feel like this is the first week off, actually it was last week. My nephew was here and entertained him. He is 22 and was a lot of fun. Pat was off Thursday and Friday. Today, he starts his new job.

YES, I SAID NEW JOB!!!!! :carrot::D I just hope he is happy there!

Today, is my first day alone!! ;) A friend wants me to go to the Oklahoma border to a Casino up there. His son turns 18 today. On the Indian Reservation, you can gamble at 18. I think I'm going to pass.

I have a meeting tomorrow for that curriculum I'm writing this summer. Then I need to get to San Antonio! They ask me everyday when I'm coming! I need to get down there and do some things for mom. I also want to be back by next weekend. I need to find someone to take me to the airport on Wednesday. It's not close but since Pat is starting a new job almost to the airport, I might see if he could take me early that morning and then go to work. I'll find out when he gets home.

Tammy, I need to get back to the gym myself.

Tina, how many years? The flowers were beautiful. We celebrated our 25th the week I was home with Daddy. It was worth being apart.

Nikki, you will find the right house. You'll be surprised when you find the right one.

Clint, glad you got to go fishing.

Dori, young ones for summer school. How much fun!!!

Mimi, how's school?

Maureen, what's new with you? How is the new kitty?

Diane, we didn't get the puppy. I guess if I had begged for it, we would have. We have an old dog that is probably not going to be around much longer, I'm talking a week at the most.

Oh I'm down 19 pounds!!! Yea!!!

Tina
06-14-2010, 12:58 PM
Wow, everyone is really busy around here.

Zan, what's up with you?
Diane, I don't know about me getting specific exercise this week but I will be cleaning the house and walking around the stores. :lol:

Dori, you have your hands full with the little ones. Have fun meeting everyone. Please take photos and post them for us, okay!

Tammy, be careful with your exercising.

Susan, you are sooooo busy. Is Pat doing the same kind of work? I hope he left the other place on his own. :)

Maureen, how is work? How's your condo?

Mimi, any more tests recently? Is Dan still doing good?

Nikki and Clint--y'all can keep the fishing. That's not my thing. I DO like eating them, though. :D

Jeanne, what's new with your car? Did they say it was totalled?
Elyn, do you have any favorite recipes to share?

Okay, I'm off to the kitchen to fix some 0 pt. soup.

auntie
06-14-2010, 01:21 PM
Tina, not really that busy, it all just comes at one time :) Pat had been talking to this company for a while. They really wanted him to come work for them. It is pretty much doing the same thing but with a much smaller company. He has to make sure he is doing the right thing. So needless to say, he decided to make the change. The company he worked for said if you go there and decide that you want to come back, please do! I thought that was nice.

I personally think I'm going to lay low today. I had a headache for 2 days and just want to do nothing today.

jar1965
06-14-2010, 04:59 PM
Hi everybody!!!!!

Susan!!!!!!!! 19#!!!!!!!!:carrot: You rock girl! Keep it up!

Nikki, Dori & Tammy - I'm soooo in! Let me know if we are going to meet! I would LOVE it! I can do the leg work and figure out a meeting place if you would like..........I'm about 2 hours from Canton so maybe Tammy knows of a happy medium! Either way, I'm in!:D

The car collison place hasn't called yet to tell us that they got to our car. So we don't know if it is totaled or not yet. If it is, I think we will get a Toyota Camry or Nissian Altima. Right now we have a beautifully loaded Toyota Rav.......Urgh! I hope in one breath they fix it and in the next they don't! We will just have to wait and see.

Well have a great day! Muscles in motion!!!!

auntie
06-14-2010, 06:49 PM
Ok OK OK, NOT FAIR!!!! I want to come too!!!! Wonder how I can pull that one off. I know Tina would too :) If it was only that easy!!! One of these days, we will have to schedule that trip and meet!!

Pat enjoyed his first day of work at the new place. I didn't even leave the house today. I did a few chores but that's about it!

Thank Jeanne!! You are my inspiration!!! You go girl!!! I've already decided on my next car and went aren't even thinking about getting one. I want one of the Toyota Prius. Both of our cars are paid off so we won't be buying one for a while. I'm pretty sure your's will be totaled. I can't believe they wouldn't!

Well, guess I'll go watch some of the news. Not sure why .... it's always bad stuff in it.

jar1965
06-14-2010, 07:59 PM
Susan & Tina............THAT WOULD BE THE BEST!
Maureen & Marion.........I've been to Niagra Falls many many times.....how close would that be from you gals?

Bob and I went car window shopping tonight. I think I want (watch mine not even be totaled and I'm out shopping, ha) a Kia Sorrento! Ahhhhh, it was soooo nice. Big for Bob (as in head room for my 6'3 hubby) and leather and 3rd row seating and......breathe.... hahah! Hyundai is the "parent" company for Kia incase ya didn't know that!

Ok.....well I gotta scoot. Trying to catch up on some laundry. With my ankles hurting sooo bad over the weekend, I didn't get anything done!

Talk later!

nikkic718
06-15-2010, 01:37 PM
hey everyone!!!!

LOL Fishing is SOOOOO not my thing either lol i dont even like to eat em :)

So I think we are going to plan a camping trip the weekend of my bday (which is July 18th) and im sooo not a camper either but it will be fun.
We all def should meet up! how fun would that be!

I think I found a house its almost way to perfect though lol so once again fingers and toes crossed!!!! lol

So this may be TMI but......... this morning I noticed that my "side boobs" ya know the roll under your armpit that attaches to your boob lol......well its going away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whooooo hoooooo

Mimi4fun
06-15-2010, 03:48 PM
Jeanne; I can drive to the falls in about 2 hours, but figure its more like an 8-10 hour trip for Maureen.
Nikki; good luck with the house and thumbs up to losing side boobs.
Susan; you are doing so well congratulations. Did you say you were doing low GI foods?. Thats great about Bob's job too its good to get a change.

Well I am off to the office tomorrow to get set up for going back to work. They are already giving me a hard time. Wish I was further in my program and could tell them to stuff it.

maureen kempster
06-15-2010, 09:05 PM
Hi everyone
Jeanne I saw the pictures of your van on facebook-boy you sure were lucky-
Mimi, I checked google maps & you're pretty close-I should be able to get to Niagara Falls in about 6.5 to 7 hrs. from where I am-
Susan you sure are doing great with the weight loss-what are you doing to lose?
I just got back from holidays and I can't wait for my next one(sept) I really don't like working where I do. I'm seriously thinking of selling my condo & moving back to edm-my old boss insists that i can have my old job back-they want me to come back-lots to think about i'm giving myself 2 weeks to make up my mind. Help!!!!!!!!! i feel so crazy-why can i never feel at home!

talk to you all later

maureen

auntie
06-15-2010, 09:20 PM
Hi All,

I saw Jeanne's pictures too. That was horrible!

Maureen and Mimi, I am cutting out anything processed or that is sugar. I do eat a little processed stuff but notice that it slows down my weight loss. I am also not eating artifical sugar either. The reason I'm doing it because the last time I went to the doctor, my trigcleryides were sky high. She wanted me to try this first before medicine. I'm sure I'll end up on meds but something is working. There is a familiy history of high trigcylerides so guess I'll know after I go to the dr on the 28th.

Maureen, if your heart says "move back", then move back! It would be nice not to have to hunt for a job.:)

Nikki, you crack me up!!!! I know EXACTLY what you are talking about!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed about the house.

Tina
06-15-2010, 09:57 PM
Evening,
Jeanne, you are so lucky. :hug: :hug:

Susan, I'm glad you're feeling better now. I think the longer you're away from school, the better you'll feel. :)

Maureen, I'm sorry you're having second thoughts. You were so happy about your move and your new surroundings. It's very enticing to go back when your old boss says nice things. Do you think that 2 weeks is enough time to think about it?

I'm not "settled" in this townhouse yet. I miss my yard and garden and HOUSE! We moved in here and the next week I had surgery. I am just now feeling like finishing all the unpacking. I have nothing on the floors or walls. We need a ceiling fan in the living room because it's getting very hot in there in the afternoons. With heat index of 102+, we weren't ready for this.
Okay, I'm rambling.

Nikki, my fingers and toes are crossed for you.
Mimi, good luck going back to work.

Tammy
06-16-2010, 01:22 AM
Nikki, I forgot you live that close to Canton! lol to side boobs.

Susan, wow to Pat and a new job!!!

Tina, I"m with you on the fishing. Used to go with my dad. I'd sit and read a book while he fished. had to giggle about not being settled yet. I just said a similar thing about this place, ane I've been here 4 years. Just some changes I want to make.

Jeanne, I've traveled twice to Canton recently, so I'd be willing to go there. It's 3 1/2 hours. I have some friends near there so I could meet up with them also.

Mimi, I'd be right there with you to tell them to stuff it!

Maureen, if you were happier before, just do it! Life is too short to be unhappy.

Clint, hello! I don't know if I've ever met you.

It has been storming here about every day for a week. Lots of flooding in the area. Maurice doesn't like storms.

nikkic718
06-16-2010, 10:43 AM
happy wednesday everyone!!!

so i cheated and weighed myself early since i didnt weigh last fri and lost 2 lbs. i guess thats good considering i didnt stay on point. lol

i miss my facebook i had to divorce it bc it was consuming my life lol.

any bigs plans this weekend???

Clint~ your awefully quiet!!!

Tina
06-16-2010, 08:14 PM
Hi, I had a pretty good OP day.
Nikki, congratulations on that loss!!! :carrot: :dance:

This weekend----If I could, I'd sleep in until at least 9 a.m. and do absolutely nothing the rest of the weekend. :lol:

auntie
06-16-2010, 09:10 PM
My big plans are to go visit my mom and spend time with her! I have all kind of chores to do while I'm there. We are hoping to get new carpet put in the living room. I'll also take her to the cemetery because no one else thinks to do it. I know that she will want to go but won't ask anyone. I'll be with her on Father's day and my birthday! Lucky me!!! Honestly, how lucky I am!!!

Yesterday, I told my sister that I was really missing Daddy. So I looked at pictures of him and thought.... how lucky I am to have such a wonder Daddy that taught me what was important in life. I'm glad my son looked like him!!! Now they are playing together.

Mom and I will have fun. My sister has to work on Mon- Wed. but is off the other days. We'll find something to get into!!!

jar1965
06-17-2010, 06:27 AM
Morning everyone! I need a KICK.....A BIG KICK!!!! Urgh....2 weeks in a row that I scarfed up all my extra and activity points. I've been lazy and eating everything in site! I just can't seem to get back into things! Wahhhhh!

Susan - :hug:

Everyone: have a great day! Stay OP and remember Muscles in Motion!!!!!

nikkic718
06-17-2010, 10:15 AM
Morning All!

Susan~ :hug: sending hugs your way!

Jeanne~:rollpin::frypan::kickbutt: lmao theres a little kick for ya lol :D

So im having a rough day last night I came across the fathers day present I was going to give to ray on sunday, i had bought right when we found out i was pregnant. It threw me back into the depression that I thought I was out of. I dont know whether or not to still give it to him or give him a card or just put it away. I mean he still is a daddy only our child has wings and sleeps on clouds. i dunno what to do.

sorry to be a debbie downer lol

weight loss wishes to you all!

Tina
06-17-2010, 11:04 AM
Good morning!!!!! :dance:

Does everyone eat yogurt?
Clint, do you eat it? My husband does but only because he used to have GERD and was told to eat one container each day. (He doesn't eat it that often anymore.)
Well, I decided to try the plain Greek yogurt. :fr: It was not good to me.
What kinds and flavors do y'all eat??????

Susan, you will have a wonderful time with your mom.

Nikki, that's a tough call. You might wait until Sunday and see how Ray is feeling. Like you said, he is a father of an angel.

Jeanne, you have been kicked! Stay far, far away from yummy food. :)
Maureen, have you decided what you're doing about moving back? I know you'll make the best decision. :hug:

Mimi, have you gone back to work this week? I can't remember. (You know I just had a birthday. Duh! )

Tammy, what are you going to do to your house? How are Tim and Lauren?

Dori, you can do this!!!

Zan you have been way too quet. I hope things are okay.
Diane, Stephanie, Elyn, Yooper are you doing okay OP?

Today I'll go clothes shopping. Yea With this extra hot weather, I need some sleeveless tops. My arms need shaping up for the summer but I can't wait for that to happen. :lol:

nikkic718
06-17-2010, 11:11 AM
tina I eat dannon light and fit strawberry yougurt
OR ill it the yoplait light in strawberry cheesecake or strawberry shortcake
lol i only like strawberry flavored yougurts lol

jar1965
06-17-2010, 12:01 PM
I LOVE yogurt!!!!!

My favorite is Weight Watchers Brand.....1 Point....but I only buy it when I have a coupon! Otherwise it's Dannon for me!

Oh....WW vanilla yogurt with fresh red raspberries.....I LOVE!!!!!

maureen kempster
06-17-2010, 06:15 PM
Tina
I like plain no fat yogurt-i mix it with frozen fruit(i'll microwave the fruit about 1 min)-I also like coffee flavoured unfortunately it's not low fat or no fat-
I'm still on the fence re: moving back-it's a big decision
later

maureen

girlieyorkie
06-18-2010, 08:27 AM
Hey everyone:wave:

Tina~ I don't think I have a good recipe to share that anyone here would like.
I don't think I have mentioned it before, I'm a (fat) vegetarian, although I occasionally eat non vegetarian~ when I'm at a party. I never demand/expect that a vegetarian dish be prepared for my sake.
The Greek plain yoghurt is mainly used for salads or mix with some greek dish, does not taste good otherwise.
I'm afraid I'm not staying OP this week, well I'm like at -8.5 weekly.:o However, I'm so low on my daily points (18), so I'm not getting worried about it.

I'm glad that there's a possibility that some of you may get together. Have a nice time.

auntie
06-18-2010, 10:14 AM
I'm in the don't really like it at all group on yogurt. However, I do like it if it's been put in the freezer and gets icy. HMMMM!!! Now that's pretty yummy. I like Dannon lite. I haven't tried WW's yet but will have to try.

I'm off to meet about the curriculum I'm writing. Then get my hair colored. Many even a pedicure if the girl isn't busy and is there. Then home to pack quickly. I leave in the morning at 9. I'm excited to see Momma!!! I can promise you we will stay busy.

I'm fluctuating on 1-2 pounds. I want it to stay down!!!!! but it keeps creeping back up. I know what I need to do but it's just isn't happening. I have to be very and I mean VERY careful when I go home. We like to eat alot when I'm there, well actually anytime we are together.

Off and running.

Tina
06-18-2010, 10:39 AM
Wow, it's so interesting hearing about all the yogurt preferences. :)

The greek yogurt--I heard that it was very good to just eat because it helps keep all the healthy bacteria growing in our mouths. Now, isn't that gross sounding! :p

Susan, have a wonderful trip and time with your family. Eat a salad at Barn Door for Tina. :)

Next week, we are gonig to the beach for a little respite. I can't wait. I'm washing and drying today. That sounds silly since everything will get sandy. :lol:

Nikki, have you found that house?

Everyone have a fantastic day.

auntie
06-18-2010, 02:10 PM
Tina,
Have fun at the beach!!! I will certainly try to get to the Barn Door. Daddy loved that place as much as I did. I could always get him to go.

I'm off to do a quick cleaning and then get my hair done. So much to do, and all I want to do is read my book. I'm reading smut book and it's so good. Really, I'm trying to finish it so I can give it to mom since she is reading so fast.

Ladybug2680
06-19-2010, 08:00 AM
I love yogurt and will usually eat almost any kind. I tend to stick to Yoplait Light, YoPlus and Fiber One though. They are delicious.

Not much planned for this weekend. Samuel's birthday was Thursday and he wants to go to Flying Frogs to celebrate so we're headed to Savannah today. It will be a small family get together, but fun nonetheless.

I'm still having difficulties staying OP and trying to figure out why I'm having such trouble. I was talking to Justin and I was telling him that I constantly say I need to do something about my weight, but instead of just saying it I need to actually do it. I know I can do it because I've done it before. I guess I just need to put my big girl panties on it do it. Well I must run for now. I'll check in later.

jar1965
06-19-2010, 09:32 AM
Morning everyone! I wanna go to the beachhhhhh! Wahhh!

Welp, up and house cleaned, plants watered and bedclothes all washed, dryed and put back on the bed! Now.....I'm headed into work. It's fathers day weekend so we will be pretty busy! Not like Mothers day tho! But....after today, I'm on vacation again! Yay! Once again.....no big plans. Kaitlins' graduation party is next sunday so I have some things to do for that! We are having it at the Carousel at the park! I am having the food made by a local caterer. However it is not being catered. My MIL is making a big fruit salad and my girlfriends are all helping. I ordered Rigatoni, Chicken and Macaroni Salad. The rest we will make. Wish ya'all could be here!

Well, I better get moving......work is calling!

Have a great weekend and remember to drink your water, and move those bodies!

I'll WI and post tomorrow. I know already that I am up a little over 1#. We'll see if I can drink that away by WI!

:dust::dust:

Tina
06-19-2010, 09:52 AM
Good morning, :dance: It's a beautiful day!!!!

Dori, you can do this. Just try doing one different thing a week. (I sound like a broken record.) Maybe that won't seem so overwhelming.

Jeanne, that party sounds so lovely. I wish I could come. :(
Take it easy at work. Oh, I can't remember----was your car a total wreck? I'd be surprised if it wasn't. My little Neon was considered a total wreck after Hurricane Ike. It has so many dings and dents and scratches in it. I still love it, though. :lol: (I can't afford a new one.)

Y'all take it easy this weekend. That's an order.

auntie
06-19-2010, 11:54 PM
Hi Everyone,

Well I made to San Antonio. I flew like normal. Pat dropped me off at the airport. He was going home to take our Big Red, who is our dog, to the vet to put him to sleep. He is extremely old, and can hardly walk. We knew it was coming but now is the time. I asked if he wanted me there and he said "No, I would rather you go see your mom." He knows it will be hard on me and I know it will be on him. So Seamus has one more of his animals to play with along with Daddy. He is a lucky little boy!

Jeanne, you are one busy lady! The party does sound nice. What time shall we arrive ;)

Tina, I hope you enjoy the beach. I want to go too!

Hope everyone had a wonderful day. Mom has gone to bed so I figured I would do a few things on the computer. I'll play around in Daddy's office. :hug: Sure wishing he was here to chat with! I know he is watching over us.

Hugs!!!

redfish53
06-20-2010, 06:23 AM
I bought some yogurt but I haven't eaten it

jar1965
06-20-2010, 07:32 AM
Good Morning everyone!:coffee:

Well last night I made a decision.......I have been doing ww online and have lost almost 40# and ya all know I've been in a rut so I transferred my online subscription to a monthly pass for $20.00 more a month giving me unlimited meetings too!! One of my gf's is joining Tuesday and I thought maybe the buddy system there would help both of us!

Well have a great day.....................

Happy Fathers Day Clint.............:cool:

jar1965
06-20-2010, 09:14 AM
Almost forgot to tell ya:

I've been waiting a long time for the No Pudge Fudge Brownies to surface in our area. Well I finally found them at Giant Eagle.

They really are good. 3 Points and you can make the whole box with 1 cup ff vanilla yogurt or a single serve! I tried the Raspberry ones!

Just thought I'd share! ;)

jar1965
06-21-2010, 09:33 AM
Good Morning everyone! Hope ya all had a great w/e! I did! Howeverrrrrr........I did not stay OP! Too too many temptations!

We went to the local putt putt park where they also have go-carts and bumper boats! We did everything. (I sat out the bumper boats). Then to an italian restaurant and to the movies. We saw Killers. It was funny & cute!

What did you guys do?

I am starting WW meetings tomorrow. I will be changing my WI day to Tuesdays!

Have a great day! Enjoy the weather!

jar1965
06-22-2010, 02:10 PM
Is everyone on vacation? I'm lonely here...........................

maureen kempster
06-22-2010, 06:32 PM
I'm not, won't be until Sept-just have lots to think about-don't have a clue what I'm going to do-going to a job that I don't like-feeling like a complete failure because I just can't seem to be able to stick to program-other than that all's well-
did you start your tuesday meetings yet Jeanne?

got to shake my head and get on with it

later
maureen

Tina
06-22-2010, 06:32 PM
Greetings from Grand Cayman Island
we decided to come here. I wish I could have everyone with us.
I.m writing this on Larry.s IPad!

I.m not on program! :o. but I.m drinking all my water.
everyone have a good week.

auntie
06-23-2010, 12:47 AM
Hi All,

I'm in San Antonio visiting Mom. Oh my gosh, we have gotten so much done!!! Ordered new carpet, hopefully it will be here on Friday. She is SOOOO excited. :D She knew exactly what she wanted. We went grocery shopping today. She was so excited she didn't sleep last night. Tonight, I gave her tylenol pm. She keeps doing stuff and is wearing me out. ;) I love it! Tomorrow, we are going to run a few errands and then to the cemetery.

Tina, Oh lucky lucky duck!!!

Jeanne, I would love to have a buddy to go to meetings with. I'm trying to be good but it's hard down here!

Well, off to work on my curriculum some. Then to bed. Have a good tomorrow!

jar1965
06-23-2010, 09:09 AM
Good Morning!

Maureen - I'm sorry about the job thing! :hug:

Susan - Sounds like fun! Enjoy her!

Tina - Wow! Grand Cayman Island! Ahhhhhhh, lucky girl!

Tammy - thinking of you! You should come to Kaits party Sunday!:dizzy: My brother can stop and pick you up.....he's coming from Ravennna!

Went to WW meeting last night! Enjoyed myself and the company I was with!
After the meeting she asked that the new girls stay. We were all talking and she brought up WW online and I shared my story! She was sooo pumped for me. Maybe just what the dr. ordered!

EVERYONE else.......hope you're well! Thinking of you!

nikkic718
06-23-2010, 01:13 PM
HI ALL!!!!!!

Jeanne~ I live like 15-20 min from ravenna!!!

The whole house thing im giving up on!!! ray doesnt like anything i pick out so im done lol he can do it all by himself!!!!

im really tryin to eat healthy this week but its not working in my favor due to me not going to the grocery store this weekend ugghhh

nothing much going on here kinda lame lol

hope you all have a wonderful wednesday!!!!!:D

jar1965
06-23-2010, 06:04 PM
Marion & Maureen......heard about the earthquake in Ottawa today! Hope everything is ok with you!:hug:

Ok Nikki....I'll have my brother pick you up!

nikkic718
06-23-2010, 06:14 PM
the earthquake hit ohio too.......i was shaking...lol i wonder if it burned any calories....lol......

maureen kempster
06-23-2010, 06:38 PM
every thing is okay here-when the earthquake happened I thought a truck had hit our building-all the government buildings were evacuated-so the bus ride home was great-traffic was at a minimum-i rejoined richard simmons on line-hopefully it'll give me some incentive-i don't know where my head's at these days.

talk to you all later

maureen
m

talk

auntie
06-24-2010, 12:03 AM
Glad everyone is ok!

Maureen, let me know how you like Richard Simmons program.

jar1965
06-25-2010, 08:59 AM
"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."

jar1965
06-25-2010, 08:28 PM
So day 3 since I joined WW meetings! Things are going pretty good. My friend gave me her old IPod! Sooooo, today I got it out and it really pumped up my walk! Love it! Can't believe I didn't have one before this. I did use a few of my bonus points already because I met a friend at Panera at the last minute. I had a LF Mango Smoothie, 16 oz. only 4 PTS. Mmmm, it was really good too!
I was trying to "save" my 35 points for Kaits graduation party sunday. We have a sheet cake coming from Barkus and I LOVE THEIR CAKE!!!!! Ahhhhhh.

I can't believe it's friday already. My vacation is almost over. It was soooooo relaxing and I really enjoyed being at home. Tho, I did wake up thursday with an earache and sore throat. Been home doctoring that yesteday and today!

Worked on jessica's house this week too! She is moving in July 1st. It is pretty much ready!

Hope everyone is doing good and staying OP! Have a great night!

Tina
06-26-2010, 05:16 PM
Hi
Here I sit in a wifi cafe with chickens walking around outside!!!
WOW, I.ve missed a lot!
However, we are on the skirts of Tropical Storm Alex. We had heavy rain last night and today. It is home tomorrow. Please pray that we have a safe plane trip home.

auntie
06-26-2010, 08:05 PM
Hi I'm home. I cried almost the whole way home:( some lady next to me asked if I had lost my dad recently. She over heard my conversation with my sister before take off. Emotional home coming! Pat must have seen it on my face when he picked me up. I held out my Daddy's pocket watch and tears started flowing. Just like now!

Tina, you made me smile with the thought of chickens walking around :) have a safe flght home!!!

Jeanne, have fun at the party !!! I'd be there if I was closer!!

Pat plays tonight so I'm going with him. It will be a late night but fun.

Have a safe night!!!

Tina
06-28-2010, 11:26 AM
Hi all, I'm home to my own laptop computer. Yea!!!!
Susan, I'm glad you're home, too. It's so nice you have your dad's pocket watch. That lady on the plane was so nice to you.
We made it home safely. The pilot said he would go very, very high to miss most of the turbulance and he did. We only had a little....of course, while we were eating. :lol:
I've missed y'all. I must read all the posts.
Hope everyone has a good Monday.
Love ya'll lots.
:hug:

Tina
06-30-2010, 01:56 PM
Hi all,
It's the last day of June and it's quiet around this place. :(:(:o:(
Where is everyone?????

It's rainy around here because of that Hurricane Alex. It's way down away from us but we are on the "wet side" so we get the rain bands.

Okay, I am back OP. Thinking ahead to the July 4th meal, I bought everything to make the WW key lime pie. Has everyone made it? It uses sf lime Jell-O, Cool Whip and key lime yogurt (light) and some water. You put it in a fat free/low fat graham cracker crust. No one can tell it's healthy. :lol:

Everyone have a good day.

auntie
06-30-2010, 04:22 PM
Tina, Welcome back!!! Yum to the pie!!! Let me know how it turns out.

Hi All, I'm working on some curriculum. Need to get REAL busy. We are heading back to SA for the weekend since Pat has off Monday and 1/2 day Friday. It will be nice to have a long weekend. Then we'll come back home on Monday out of the traffic.

Nothing new here! Can't believe that it's almost July!!!

jar1965
06-30-2010, 05:21 PM
Hi everyone! Can't believe tomorrow is July! Wow!!!! Jessica is moving to her new little house on Friday!:( And we are going to her house for our 4th of July picnic. From where we both live we can watch fireworks from the city without leaving home, so, we are going to watch from her house this year! My inlaws got her a grill and surprised her with it last night! She was so excited she cried! haha!

WEnt to WW last night. Down 3.5# Yay! Sooooooo happy. All that power walking is paying off! I have really stayed OP and been drinking my water too!

Well gotta go make dinner! Have a great night everyone!

maureen kempster
06-30-2010, 06:38 PM
Good to see people back here-it's been really quiet-I thought everyone was on holidays-glad you had a good trip Tina-Susan-sounds good to get away for the weekend-we're off tomorrow-YEAH!!! CANADA DAY

I wish I'd taken friday off too-but it would just mean I'd have to do my friday work on monday.

way to go Jeanne on the loss

I've been sticking to program the last week so hopefully i'll see some results
I've decided to stay put and keep my place - i have to just learn to like myself and where I am-i have to stop running
well i hope we all have a great few days
'til later

maureen

jar1965
07-01-2010, 07:42 AM
******STOP******* HEAD ON OVER TO THE JULY THREADS!