Old 06-01-2010, 08:38 AM   #1  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Wink 30 Somethings June Chat

How was everyone's Memorial Day?

Ours was fabulously uneventful. No swimming, no cookouts, no fighting traffic...just stayed home and watched Sci-Fi! We took a walk as a family (well all but our 12yo son) in the afternoon. It was very relaxing!

Anyone thought about June goals?

I would like to up my daily run to 4 miles from 3. I have a daycare client gone for the summer - and she's my early drop off - so I think I can squeeze in that extra mile since I won't have to be ready by 7 for a while. I would also like to loose 5lbs.

I also wanted to say THANK YOU for all the wonderful words of encouragement on our BL thread. I am so encouraged by all of you and it just helps me SO much to hear you say congrats when I reach a mile stone!

Here's to you my Besties!!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:03 AM   #2  
Wannabe Loser

S/C/G: 184/138/120

Height: Almost 5'2"

Congrats on getting under 180 mp!!

I'm going to try to keep up with chat this month, it is really hard for me though. I get so sidetracked, especially when I start to do badly. So maybe if I keep up in here I won't do badly?! Anyway lol

We went camping for Memorial Day with my daughter's kindergarten class and had a blast! I don't think I did too much damage though as the scale only moved up a tiny bit.

My goals for this month are to lose 6 pounds, and to get back onto my running training schedule as best I can. I skipped 3 weeks, not a good idea. I was sick all last week and am finally feeling better so I have no excuses!
Bigknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:43 AM   #3  
Fiercely Determined Chick

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

Hey everyone!

Back from vacation...spent 8 days in Disneyworld, so am EXHAUSTED, but the kids are happy. I ate sorta badly, but walked alot so am only up 1 pound (182). I need to get my butt in gear this month to fit into that #*%$$% bridemaid's dress next month. My fantasy goal is to lose 20 pounds by July 11th...My realistic one is to lose 12 .

Memorial day was spent recovering from the vacation. We cleaned out our trailer...we camped at Ft Wilderness at Disney...then grocery shopped and took the kids swimming. (I swam some laps while they played.)

One awesome NSV...I voluntarily had a photo taken in a water park in a 2-piece bathing suit! And....drum roll please....I looked pretty good! (Not model material..yet ...but good!) I'll post it once we get the photo disk. What a difference a year and 35 pounds makes!
AFChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:48 AM   #4  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Height: 5'6"

I had a WONDERFUL weekend, but the scale is NOT being my friend -- at least timing-wise! I weigh every day, but my Tuesday morning weight is my "official" weight. I've seen numbers in the 203's for a few days in a row, but my body just doesn't seem to be cooperating on Tuesday mornings! I know I'll catch it one of these weeks, but it is annoying! I like my 10-day running average graph MUCH better than may weekly weight graph!!

1/2 marathon training is going well, I think. I'm starting the first "official" training week which means the run is 12 weeks away. I've used the last 3 weeks to build up a base and I can now run 3 miles without a ton of trouble. Slowly, and hills still kill me, but I know I can get it done. This week I have runs of 3 miles, 2 miles, 3 miles, and 4 miles. I'm actually kind of excited to get the 4 miler under my belt. I'll feel like I'm really progressing then!

I'll try and keep up on this thread this month, too. I'd like to see a loss of 6-8 pounds this month. I've got a visit home to deal with in the middle of the month, but I'm hoping not to get derailed! And I turn 30 this month (sorry I snuck in the forum a bit early -- but I have more in common with you guys than with the 20's.)

Happy June, ladies!
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:27 PM   #5  
Absent Minded

S/C/G: See ticker for details. :D

Height: 5'4"

Weigh-in for me is this coming Saturday... I'm hoping it's gone down, even by a tiny little bit. I've been walking as often as possible... But not as much as I'd like. The darn weather just wouldn't cooperate!

I am a sun seeker. I MUST have the sun around me if I'm going to do well. If I can't see or feel it then I get gloomy and don't want to do anything. Today is marginally better, because I can at least partially see the sun, but not as good as I'd like.

Doesn't help that I've been fighting an uphill battle with my computer all May... Freaking motherboard decided to take a nosedive! I am SICK AND BLOODY TIRED of having to cuss at my computer to make it work right!

Anyway... That's my rant for today. Hope you ladies have a wonderful day and I'm prayin' the sun comes out for good.
MisfitRycher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:34 PM   #6  
Because I Can

I think that I have unwillingly planted a weird, creepy seed in Mollz and Jenn's minds. lol

Hey, AF, I thought of you yesterday. I'm glad you're back. That wedding sure came up quick!

Pixie!!!! You did it?!? I haven't been on the BL thread. I'm REALLY happy for you. The 180's were tough for you, but you kept on. WTG!!!

Nothin' new for me to report.
MelO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Hi Ladies!

MelO You just haven't fallen under Dr. Reids spell yet!

MollzBTW that compound for three with Reid...Florida is too hot and humid, I'm thinking something were we can enjoy all the seasons. Cozy winters, brisk chilly Falls....

My June goal is to lose 5 stinkin pounds. I'm playing around with what I need to do after the 30DS. Maybe 4 days cardio, 3 day upper body weight training split.

Anyhoo...
the Memorial day weekend was quiet for me. Just relaxed a whole lot cause I've been exhausted. I did get wild and crazy and did level 1 30DS, 25min Kettlebell dvd and a 30 JM Cardio Kick boxing dvd on Sat. Then on Sunday I did level 1 30DS followed by JM Maximize Full Frontal. Monday...my achin muscles needed a rest!

The interview today I thought went well. I got there and the other canidate was just leaving. It was the "friend" I was telling you about who wanted all my contacts. I was dressed to kill in a black pant suit she was wearing a nice pair of pants, nice top and a non suit jacket that was not buttoned. Great for a work day, but a no-no for an interview. I walked in to the building as she was leaving, but she was chatting to the A/P Manager about her(that "friend") son. I felt that was not the time nor the place for that nor was it for a reunion chat for us. The recruiter told me they were looking for someone who could put their head down and do the work. Chatting like that at the end of the interview, to me, say's to chatty. There were alot of similarities between myself and the manager so hopefully good news comes soon! I also mentioned that I'm the quiet one not anti-social, get things done, water cooler chat before work, but not chatting and giggling all day. I mentioned that I like to be busy, about wanting to continue my education at the nearby University and about my violin playing (I thought it showed great well roundedness and ambition with both of those), a big proponent of being a teamplayer, blah blah...

But in the end, I don't think that I could have done anything else different. They are moving to a financials program I worked with before, so I played that up. Time will tell.
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:27 PM   #8  
Fiercely Determined Chick

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

Jenn: Fingers crossed for you!
AFChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:18 PM   #9  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Good luck, Jenn!!
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:18 PM   #10  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

Okay Ladies! 'Tis June and a new month! Let's get some new goals out there!

Goal 1: Lose a pound a week this month. I'm on my way already.
Goal 2: Keep up with the gym-going at 7am. It's hard, but I'm doin' it!
Goal 3: Have fun.

Jenn: I can deal with cold winters as long as the house is warm. And I'm snuggled up with someone. Yeah, we'll get this Dr Reid thing sorted soon. I hope he doesn't think we're some crazy stalker girls. Good luck with getting the job. They'd be crazy not to give it to you over your "friend".

MP: Go girl! I'm so proud of you! Now to get those pesky Rebels.

AFChick: Oh wow... I love Disney World! You sure won't catch me in a bathing suit!! Happy to see that you felt good in one.

MisfitRycher: It'll get better. The sun makes me feel good. Too many cloudy and rainy days get me depressed.

Rebound: Good on you for the half-marathon! I've got a running program that says it'll increase my distance in 6 weeks from 3.5 miles to 7. If you'd like it, I'll send it to you.

As for me, I'm doing some work this week, hopefully it'll continue for the rest of the week. So far, only 5 hours in the last 2 days, but it's better than a kick in the teeth!

Running is going alright. I was supposed to do it yesterday, but I bombed out because of low sugar. I did my fartlek run today. I didn't realise I could run for 2 minutes at a 10.5k!! My heart was pounding afterwards, but HOLY ****, I did it!

One of the teachers today remarked on how much weight I had lost. I don't talk to her very often, though she's a really nice person. It felt good to have someone tell me.

I've got the nuisance class for 5th period today- the naughty kids that no one likes. There's 2 or 3 that are a real pain in the ***. 2 or 3 that are power kids (and I can usually get them on my side) and the other 6 are just going through class being as small as possible so as to attract the least amount of attention to themselves. I like some of the power kids; they've got real interesting personalities, but just can't seem to sit still. One of them is a major tomboy and would look so good as a girly girl. She's not ugly like some of the other kids think she is.

Anyway, time to get back to studying. Two exams- one on 10 June, the other on 14 June. Need to get crackin'!!
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:19 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/165

Height: 5"10"

Wow, great job everyone! MP, I'm very proud of you! That is so exciting to get down into the 170s. Jenn, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you....hope it all goes how you hope. Those of you just back from vacation/camping/etc. nice job trying to stay on track during your holiday breaks! It is SO hard for me to stay focused during vacations--I usually just blow it and eat anything that I want, then spend the next month feeling guilty about it.

I am working hard on my running, trying to make 3 miles a regular thing. My knee has been bothering me lately, but I'm still carefully running. I'm really trying to lift regularly, so hopefully that will crank my metabolism. I spent all day yesterday outside with my family, doing lots of hardcore yardwork and gardening (think: digging new flower beds, manually tilling the veggie garden, etc.). Hopefully that counts as a workout, because I didn't do anything else....

My goals this month:

Lose 6 pounds this month

Run 3 miles without too much difficulty

Go up on my weight for triceps and shoulders

Have a great week, everyone!

R
RunningToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:39 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Hi everyone!

My goals for this month are to lose 6 pounds and to get in more runs than I've been doing. With my husband's school year ending, he'll be home earlier (he still works in the summer, but he does something with the school's computers).

My Memorial Day was ok, but I was kind of angry by the end of it. We went to a birthday party for our little nephew on my husband's side -- he was turning one. We've only seen the child once, at Christmas. We never EVER see most of his side of the family, even though they all live about half an hour from us. My mom drives 6 hours to see my little boy every chance she gets, and he knows my side of the family much better than my husband's side even though they all live that far away. The reason I was angry, though, is that my husband's little sister, who's 21, completely ignored my son the entire time. She did it at Christmas too, which was the last time we saw her. She has always been weird around him, even though she loves kids and is very loving toward her other nieces and nephews. My son is shy and doesn't just jump into people's arms, especially when to him they're complete strangers (he doesn't know this chick he sees twice a year is his aunt -- he's not even 2 yet!) And I think this bugs her. I HATE when people have ridiculous expectations of babies and toddlers and think that they're put on earth to entertain adults! Ugh!!

Sorry, vent over!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:46 AM   #13  
Wannabe Loser

S/C/G: 184/138/120

Height: Almost 5'2"

So I stayed on plan all day today, a big accomplishment for me since I haven't done that in 3 weeks. I always feel so great after I eat great and do my workout for the day, it makes me wonder why I want to go back to the feeling of being run down and tired after eating junk and drinking beer. It seems obvious which is the choice I should make and what makes my body feel best, yet I keep making the wrong choice! Well one day is down and that will make tomorrow so much easier

I went to karate tonight after a week of being gone, I will be testing for my next belt rank on the 19th and I feel sooo unprepared! I need to get my butt back in gear and start doing some more practicing at home so that I will be ready.
Bigknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:32 AM   #14  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Hi

I am not a newbie but have been on and off 3FC for a few years now. I hope you don't mind me jumping in on here. My latest motivation to lose the weight is for our wedding in April 2011. I have just 11 months to lose the weight - ideally around 40-50kg.

Its a daunting task but I hope to drop most of the weight over winter (I'm in the southern hemisphere) so in spring I can begin looking at dresses and ultimately be around a size 12 for the wedding (I'm a size 20 now).

Looking forward to getting to know you all and helping each other out
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:50 AM   #15  
Because I Can

Welcome, Daisy, the chick on your pic has a great butt and legs. One day...

Mollz, Jenn, thanks for making my point about being weird and creepy. lol I will admit that Reid has nice lips. Morgan is just F-I-N-E all the way around tho. Have you seen Diary of a Mad Black Woman? I think it's impossible NOT to love him after that.

Jenn, you will get the job that you are supposed to get. I will be praying that you get the one you want.

I don't want to do any more goals. I keep failing them. My calendar says I should be @ 168. I'm still fluctuating in the 180's. Stupid calendar. I WOULD like to lose 25#s by the end of August when we go on vacation. That's kind of a goal. NSV..I can see my pecs when I flex. Off to bed. It's 3:45 am.

PS I forget who asked about coupons...I use a web site that inputs the weekly coupons and ads then matches them for me. We went from barely getting enough to last 2 weeks on generic food for $150 a week to having piles of name brand reserves in my garage for $100 a week.
MelO is offline   Reply With Quote