Weight Loss Support - *~*June Daily Accountability Check-In Everyone Welcome*~*

Diana3271
05-31-2010, 09:44 PM
Hello Everyone! Welcome to June Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Does anyone have any special goals for the month they are working on?

I am happy to report we have some wonderful progress during the month of May. Two of our members have reached Onderland! :bravo:

:cheer2:Here's to the start of a great month! :cheer3:

patchworkpenguin
05-31-2010, 11:21 PM
Diana, Thanks for starting us off.

May 31

iced coffee 35
Tellini’s ˝ chicken Parmasean Sand 300
˝ chips 90
= 425

Banana shake du jour
Banana 200
choc protein powder ˝ scoop 90
1/4 c greek yogurt 40
˝ c coffee
= 230

Bratwust 210
bun 80
baked beans 180
corn 100
= 570

ice cream 220
caramel syrup 110
walnuts 160
= 490

Total= 1,715

Exercise,
Ped =6,050
rest day

Weight,
217.8 ~ down .4

sotypical
05-31-2010, 11:54 PM
Hello June!

CardboardCutoutCat
06-01-2010, 05:22 AM
Ahh a fresh new month :) Will be posting everyday except for this fri-next fri as I'll be away, but I'll be back..

sotypical- I use both wii fit plus and EA. To be honest, I don't think theres a huge difference between wii fit and wii fit plus, just a few more games, things like skateboard and kung fu and stuff. I really like wii fit and EA but personally exercise wise, I think EA has the edge as it's higher restistance. I'd been using wii fit for a couple months then got the EA one and after two days of that, muscles were aching that hadn't been used before. It's very different to wii fit. Whereas wii fit is kind of a fun format and feels like a game, EA is all about exercises like squats, lunges, rows, etc. I really like both to be honest but for different reasons.

I'm gona try to have a better day than yesterday. Will update later with my menu.

Thanks Diana for starting the thread! Good luck everyone :)

sacha
06-01-2010, 10:41 AM
June 1, 2010
Today, my goal is to walk my dog for a minimum of 2 hours. I experienced some false contractions last night (I'm pregnant right now) so I hope that helps get things going :) As usual during this time, I will make good food choices but no calorie counting until after the baby.

patchworkpenguin: That Banana shake du jour looks fantastic. Did you use 1/2 cup cold coffee? I feel like making one today :D

patchworkpenguin
06-01-2010, 11:16 AM
June 1, 2010
Today, my goal is to walk my dog for a minimum of 2 hours. I experienced some false contractions last night (I'm pregnant right now) so I hope that helps get things going :) As usual during this time, I will make good food choices but no calorie counting until after the baby.

patchworkpenguin: That Banana shake du jour looks fantastic. Did you use 1/2 cup cold coffee? I feel like making one today :D
Yes, I use cold coffee, what was left in the pot. I've found it thins the shake down but it adds a kick of flavor. Both coffee-drinking and shake-making are pretty new to me.

How close are you to your due date? It sounds like any day now??:D Boy or Girl? Names?

sotypical
06-01-2010, 11:53 AM
Sarah - my co-worker brought me Wii Fit Plus and EA Active today; so I get to try them both!

Penguin - I almost made a banana shake this morning after reading your posts - I was going to do frozen banana, milk and strawberry yogurt. I decided my day was going to be high enough already though so I skipped it for today.

6/1

Breakfast:
english muffin w/ fried egg and jarlsberg cheese
coffee w/ half and half

Snack:
yogurt

Lunch:
2 slices high fibre toast w/ 2 slices turkey bacon, tomato, 2 slices jarlsberg cheese
miso soup

Dinner:
going to a bbq potluck at a co-workers, I am taking veggies and hummus and my 80 calorie cookies I made last night; so there will be some decent options. I hope to eat my burger with no bun (we shall see, a bun isnt that bad usually) and green salad.

Total calories: 825 - without dinner

If I get home early enough I will do some Wii Fit Plus I think; to compare.

sacha
06-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Yes, I use cold coffee, what was left in the pot. I've found it thins the shake down but it adds a kick of flavor. Both coffee-drinking and shake-making are pretty new to me.

How close are you to your due date? It sounds like any day now??:D Boy or Girl? Names?

Thanks!! It sounds delish :) I am due in 2 days, boy, named Alex :) :D :D My ticker is my baby weight... but I'm not going to start my calorie counting until after of course :-) I figure being accountable in the last few days will help keep me busy while I wait out the days at home :p

So far today...
- 1 hour walk with dog
Breakfast:
1 small banana, 2 pieces whole grain toast, 2 tbsp low-fat margarine, 1 egg, 1/2 cup egg whites, 2 cups spinach, 1 cup 1% milk...

fashinjunkie09
06-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Hi everyone! :wave: Wow I can't believe it's June already!

This weekend was totally hectic. Our house that we had built is finally finished so we've been moving and my food choices have not been great. I'm back on track today (I feel like I've been saying that a lot lately :o) and hoping my WI goes well tomorrow. I hope you ladies are having a good week so far!

6/1/2010 Check-in:

Breakfast (315)
large cup of coffee w/ 3 tbsp ff Coffee Mate cinnamon creamer- 75
1 whole wheat English muffin toasted- 140
1 pkt strawberry cream cheese- 100

Lunch (420)
Lean Cuisine spinach and mushroom pizza- 340
light & fit blueberry yogurt- 80
H2O- 0

Snack PM (270)
1 gala apple- 80
2 tbsp peanut butter- 190
H2O- 0

Dinner (425)
1 grilled cheese and turkey sandwich (on whole grain low cal bread made w/ 2% cheese, deli turkey, and light veggie oil "butter")- 290
1 1/2 cups Heart Smart tomato soup- 135
H2O- 0

= apprx 1,430 calories

Diana3271
06-01-2010, 02:15 PM
Hi Everyone! I'm glad you found the new thread. It's hard to believe we are already in a new month!

Veil
06-01-2010, 03:44 PM
Hi everybody!! I'm back from a fantastic 8 day vacation!! whew, not sure if Im exhausted or recharged!! Memphis was fantastic, auntie and cousins spoiled us rotten. I even worked out three times and did LOTS of walking.

5-31 (wasnt really hungry.... coming down off of vacation high)

B- 1 egg

L- 1/2 cup of potato salad

D- 1/2 steak, 1/2 c potato salad, 1 hotdog, 2 cups fired veggies, 1 1/2 corn cob, few Dorito chips

exercise- a little gardening. I am so exhausted from vacation....

ped read- 4000

weight- 237. Gained 2 pounds on vacation... lots of BBQ, strawberries, whip creme & angel food cake, and ginger snaps! OY!!!

Veil
06-01-2010, 04:36 PM
Diana- thank you so much for starting up this June thread!! I thought about all of you while I was on vacation! =)

Fashinjunkie- Congrats on your new house!! We are in the process of deciding "remodel" or "sell" ...groan!!

Sacha- Alex will be here soon! How exciting!!!!

Penguin, Sotypical, CardboardCat- HI!!

What's up with this oatmeal cookie recipe, mmm!!

Diana3271
06-01-2010, 06:01 PM
Veil Welcome back! I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation.

sacha
06-01-2010, 06:28 PM
Thank you Veil

To recap my day...
- 2 hours walk with dog

Breakfast:
1 small banana, 2 pieces whole grain toast, 2 tbsp low-fat margarine, 1 egg, 1/2 cup egg whites, 2 cups spinach, 1 cup 1% milk.

Lunch:
Chicken Curry on 1 cup brown rice (1 chicken breast, 1 tsp margarine, red onion, green onion, diced cherry tomatoes, 3/4 cup half-fat cream, 1 tbsp curry powder).
+ 2 cups 1% milk

Snack:
1 whole wheat wrap with 2 tbsp peanut butter & 1 tbsp strawberry jam (sugar-free), 1 low sugar popsicle

Dinner:
4 oz salmon grilled, 1 cup brown rice, 1 cup steamed broccoli

Veil
06-01-2010, 08:25 PM
6-1

B- 1 egg

L- 3 cups greens, 1/2 c cucumber, 1 tomato, 1/2 red pepper, handful croutons, 2T asian dressing

D- 1 cup potato salad, 1/2 hamburger,

S- 2 cups watermelon

very laid back day- recovering from vacation. exercise routine starts back up tomorrow!!

Serbrider
06-01-2010, 08:52 PM
Argh... it's going to take me forever to get used to what to eat and what calories are really in what. I thought I ate over my limit today... and yet... I'm way under. urgh...

Breakfast- (this was expected, I rushed out the door and grabbed what was easiest, which was a ziplock bag filled with exactly one cup of cheerios)
1 cup of cheerios - 110

Lunch- (I was at a friend's house... and she didn't have much else available... and I was hungry... ;) )
2 Slices of Bread, White -133
One Slice of Turkey Ham -18
Shredded Cheddar Cheese - 93
Extra Cheddar Flavor Blasted Goldfish 11.0 oz - 140

Dinner- (mom prepared it...)
Roast w/carrots and potatoes - 314 (this seems a little much to me... I ate hardly any of it... by hardly any... I'm talking like... one potato (half of a small potato actually), two TINY carrot pieces, and a bit of meat that was about half the size of my palm. There wasn't much meat in the thing! It was all fat.
Iceburg Lettuce w/Tomato - 12 (wasn't a very big salad, no dressing)

Snacks-
Caramel Frappuccino Light Blended Coffee no whipped cream - Grande sized (from Starbucks) - 167

Total - 985 (according to caloriecount.com)

So yeah. I just kind of ate what was available. Probably going to go downstairs and get some fruit... except I don't think we have any. Urgh... this "cleaning out the fridge because we're about to start serious traveling" doesn't exactly help the desire for healthy eating. ;)

Well... off to go on my run as soon as my Zune is charged enough for me to go. :D

Diana3271
06-01-2010, 09:17 PM
Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1695 Calories

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 cal
Handful of spinach
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 cal
high fiber english muffin 100 cal
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch: (360 calories + swipe mayo)
EarthGrains 100% Whole Wheat Thin Buns 100 Calories
1 slice Reduced fat cheese 60
4 slices Hormel Natural Choice Cooked Ham 60 Calories
Romaine Lettuce Leaves
Swipe Kraft Horshradish Dijon Mayonaise (less calories than regular mayo)
Cape Cod 40% reduced fat chips 100 calories
apple pack 40 calories

Dinner (970 Calories)
Green Beans 100 calories
Turnip Greens 100 calories
Steamed Squash 100 calories
Cabbage 100 calories
Sliced Roast Beef 300 calories
Carrot Salad 200 calories
Snack Size Baby Ruth bar 70 calories

Exercise:
~The Firm 500 Calorie Workout

Diana3271
06-01-2010, 09:20 PM
Serbrider Hi and Welcome! :wave:

jondy
06-01-2010, 09:28 PM
Hello everyone!!!
I found you!. :hug: .hope everyone had a great weekend!..i didnt post over the weekend nor did i track :(..i weighed myself this morning and didnt lose..but i didnt gain either. :carrot: Determined to stay focused.:dizzy:

wakeup: cup warm water with lemon

treadmill 60 minutes hill work..light weights

breakfast 1 cup almond milk, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/2 cup strawberries, 1/2 scoop protein powder, 1 tsp flax, 1 tsp chia, 1 tsp nonfat plain greek yogurt.

lunch 1 ezekial roll with 2 oz chicken breast 1/2 slice alpine lace swiss 1/2 tsp low mayo..salad with cucumber, tomato, black beans (1 cup)
16oz water

dinner 2 eggs, small knish, cucumber
16oz water:hug:

MamaP
06-01-2010, 09:44 PM
6-1-10

64+ ounces water

Breakfast:
1/2 turtle brownie
cottage cheese & peaches

Snack:
Strawberries

Lunch:
Spaghetti Squash
5 ritz crackers

Snack:
Apple
Fiber One Bar

Dinner:
Hamburger (no bun)
2 hot dogs (no buns)
grilled pineapple

Approximately 1680 calories

love2b150
06-01-2010, 09:55 PM
Good Evening Everyone
6/1/2010 :

Breakfast (306)
8oz skim milk, egg substitute w/ 1/2 slice turkey bacon, 1/2 sl. cheese and a Hearty grain English muffin
16.9oz water

soon after breakfast snack (25)
1 cup peaches no sugar

mid morning snack (315)
12oz choc, right size smoothie with skim and a med banana
16.9oz water

~~~~~Barry's Boot Camp 21 minute workout

8oz prune/apple juice (150)

salad w/ 1000 island (308)
16.9 oz water

peach yogurt (90)

Dinner (560)
fillet fish lemon pepper, smart one Santa Fe rice, sl. wheat toast
32oz water

~~~~~35 minute walk

TOTAL: 1754 (((211 calories more than allowed))) oops better luck tomorrow

segras04
06-01-2010, 10:00 PM
Hi All, someone referred me here for daily food blogging (thank you!)

B: Special K with Skim Milk (2)
Orange (1)
Coffee with milk and sugar (2)

S: Apple (1)

L: 1/2 a Whole Wheat Pita (1)
(filled with veggies- cucumber, tomato, peppers, lettuce)
Balsamic Vinaigrette (1)
Baby Carrots (0)
Lite and Fit yogurt (1)

S: 1oz pretzels (2)
Celery (0)

D: 3oz Grilled Chicken (3)
2oz egg noodles (4)
Broccoli (0)

S: Popcorn (3)

Diana3271
06-01-2010, 10:01 PM
Jondy Glad you found us! I have heard of people drinking warm lemon breakfast immediately upon waking. Some people think it gets the digestion going, speeds waist elimination, and revs the metabolism. Is this the reason you are drinking it? You have have to post your results/thoughts about it.

Kris Didn't you have the zucchini spaghetti last week? If so, which did you like better the Zucchini spaghetti or the Spaghetti squash?

Diana3271
06-01-2010, 10:03 PM
segras04 Hi and Welcome! :wave: It looks like you are off to a great start. Are you doing Weight Watchers?

segras04
06-01-2010, 10:08 PM
yes I am, although contemplating just calorie counting? I also did the elliptical for 30 min and did 45 min of lifting.... just got back from Vacation as well, it is go time!

MamaP
06-01-2010, 10:14 PM
Diana ~ yes I did do the zucchini pasta last week. I got the spaghetti squash this time because my store was out of zucchini. I liked them about the same, but the zucchini was easier and faster to make. I bought some zucchini tonight. It will probably become a regular part of my diet - I can see myself eating it a few times a week (at least for now). You can really have a large serving for not very many calories at all.

patchworkpenguin
06-01-2010, 10:49 PM
June 1

iced coffee 15 {I found out I can use less creamer if its iced}
homemade club sandwich
bread 130
Miracle Whip 2 TB 80
2 slices turkey 30
2 slices roast beef 70
cheese 70
˝ c baked beans 140
= 535

Banana shake du jour
Banana 100
1/4 c greek yogurt 40
˝ c coffee
= 230
{I have no idea what I did differently but this was the thickest shake yet}

Dixie Café
roll w honey 200
cajun catfish filet 220
corn 100
mashed potatos and gravy. 130
= 650

Total= 1,415

Exercise,
Ped =4,612
60min upperbody toning
30min brushing the dog, but that only worked one arm and shoulder. :D

Weight,
218.6 ~ up .8

Welcome, Segras

Love2, Good job!

Kris, I like your idea of breakfast!

Serbrider, I've only been CC for about two months this time, it took me the first month to get the idea. I'm sure you'll catch on faster. ;)

Veil, sounds like you had a wonderful time!

Sacha, I'm sure your dog loved your walk as much as you did.

Serbrider
06-01-2010, 10:52 PM
Serbrider, I've only been CC for about two months this time, it took me the first month to get the idea. I'm sure you'll catch on faster. ;)

I hope so. :p

I think it'd be easier though if we DID have more fruits and veggies besides two tomatoes, some lettuce, and a bag of potatoes at home. But nope... fruit rots fast... (at least... REAL fruit does... ;)) and because we leave at 1 PM tomorrow... we aren't getting any more.

now... to figure out something for breakfast tomorrow. :p

It's annoying... because after lunch today... I felt POSITIVE that I had gone over... only to find that I had eaten much less. :dizzy: I'm going nuts on this!

patchworkpenguin
06-01-2010, 11:03 PM
It's annoying... because after lunch today... I felt POSITIVE that I had gone over... only to find that I had eaten much less. :dizzy: I'm going nuts on this! When I started I didn't have much of a plan. then I divided my cals into three meals and a snack aiming for a certain number for each. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were 400, and the snack about 250-300? That gave me a running total of how I was doing for the day. If one meal ran over, like lunch was 500 I would eat a smaller snack or skip it altogether, then if I was under, I could eat more for snack and dinner. Hope that helps somewhat.

Since my schedule has changed since then I decided to skip the snack and eat three meals. Actually two meals and a snack, but I think I'm going to change that tomorrow.

Serbrider
06-01-2010, 11:24 PM
Yeah... I think that not having a "plan" is messing me up... but... at the same time... I'm not overeating... but undereating. Which IS a problem as well... just not the "typical" one.

And... another good thing... I gots my ticker!! And I weigh in tomorrow morning before I leave for my last final of this school year (art class)... so... yeah. :D Good stuff. :)

(I really like the tickers because I can see more than just a bunch of numbers)

ETA: (AND IT'S AN ARMADILLO!!! :cool:)

SparklingT
06-01-2010, 11:52 PM
I think I'm going to like this site... I lost a lot of weight a few years ago and maintained for a while but have gained some back and have be trying to get back on track, so here goes.... I do best when I COUNT CALORIES so I love this part of this site. As I read in someone else's post, different things work for different people and you have to do what works for YOU.

Breakfast: Cottage cheese 100 cal
coffee with 1/2&1/2 100

lunch cottage cheese 100
cinnamon toast crunch cereal 400

dinner salad w/blue cheese dressing & olives 400
cinnamon toast crunch cereal 400
tea w/milk & sugar 60

total 1560

When I was REALLY successful I was on 800 calories or less a day and burned 700 calories on the elliptical. I lost 40 lbs in 3 months at the onset of the fitness plan. I'm working full time now and will be happy to stick to 1000 cal a day or less and burning 500 calories on the elliptical or a 3 mile walk at least 5 X per week.

I can't wait to feel like I'm sparkling again!

sotypical
06-02-2010, 01:24 AM
I am so tired, I will have to catch up tomorrow but I really need to rant. I put the Wii Fit Plus disk in to see how it was different and seriously, it pisses me off! It forces me to weight in KG. WHY CAN'T I CHANGE IT?? I guess I have to lie and say I am live in the US on the Wii itself. Stuff like this really erks me, just becuase I live in Canada - I really should have the option to pick pounds. ESP since its already built in the game and the last Wii Fit weighed in POUNDS! Okay, end rant and good night.

Diana3271
06-02-2010, 07:26 AM
When I was REALLY successful I was on 800 calories or less a day and burned 700 calories on the elliptical. I lost 40 lbs in 3 months at the onset of the fitness plan. I'm working full time now and will be happy to stick to 1000 cal a day or less and burning 500 calories on the elliptical or a 3 mile walk at least 5 X per week.

I can't wait to feel like I'm sparkling again!

Sparkling Hi and Welcome! :wave: I see that you ate 1560 calories today. I think that's a great start especially for long term weight loss goals. A person's body needs more than a 1000 calories a day to stay healthy. You don't want to lose the weight, and then go off plan and gain because it's a lifestyle change that you cannot maintain. I think the 1500-1600 calories is something you can do for the rest of your life. You might lose slowly, but hopefully it will stay off, and you won't have to work at losing again. You will be sparkling in no time. ;)

Serbrider
06-02-2010, 07:47 AM
Yeah!! I'm finally seeing the fruits of my labor. Three lbs down from my "starting" weight (technically five pounds down from my "water weight" or whatever that was).

So yeah... :)

And of course... my ticker... *pokes the armadillo*

ETA: Oh... and I'm finishing up my last school final and going to Orlando, FL today!! So yeah... should be fun. :D

terraleigh77
06-02-2010, 08:21 AM
Good Morning All! So far so good this morning. I had a pretty good breakfast, 3 dippy eggs cooked in a spritz of cooking spray, 2 pieces of wheat toast , with a table spoon of butter, and some Orange juice. All total a 500 calorie breakfast. Need to get back on track after a super bad memorial day week end. Having a cup of hot green tea, then it is off to the gym :) :carrot:

Tara

Diana3271
06-02-2010, 08:24 AM
Tara Hi and Welcome! :wave:

patchworkpenguin
06-02-2010, 08:28 AM
Welcome Tara, I saw your post in the June Weigh In thread, and we are twinkes this week. I hit my low last week and am up again this week. What is a dippy egg?

Welcome SparklingT, regaining is very fusterating isn't it? Glad you found us.

sotypical
06-02-2010, 10:03 AM
Welcome Tara!

Penguin - I think a dippy egg is a soft boiled egg that you can dip your bread into. You take the top up and cut your bread into strips; it is delicious!

Last night's BBQ wasn't that great; I over ate some pita chips and fresh guacamole - the guacamole was sooo good, omg. Least it's "healthy" calories lol.

Today is kinda, meh. I have a feeling there might be a work lunch today *sigh* - I have thrown all hope of losing weight out of the window for this week (again) - I hate how the weeks ad up and up and your six months in the year and you haven't lose any weight. Anyway... I am just in one of those moods today. I am not going to let this ruin my healthy eating today.

terraleigh77
06-02-2010, 10:51 AM
I call them dippy eggs, but I think the real term is sunny side up lol . Sotypical is correct, ya poke ya yellow part and dip your bread into it :)

Tara

patchworkpenguin
06-02-2010, 11:08 AM
Thanks guys, that was a new one on me. I have to admit I like my eggs soft also. Hubby gets grossed out, though. Of course his idea of a snack is pickled okra.

Weird fact about me: I was born/raised in the South but my parents are both from the North, so I eat mostly 'Northern' food, with a few exceptions {I was in College before I tried most traditional Southern food}. Hubby's background is more Southern/country so we don't agree on a lot of foods choices, but I do the cooking so guess who is changing faster, LOL.

sotypical
06-02-2010, 11:35 AM
OH, I was thinking of something different. This is what I thought of as a dippy egg.

http://www.the-first-time-cook.com/image-files/soft-boiled-egg.jpg

Where you hard boil it, but so the yolk doesn't go hard. Then you break the top of the shell and sit it in a little cup. My dad used to make that for me when I was little.

terraleigh77
06-02-2010, 11:38 AM
it is the same idea, but ya just cook the egg in a pan and then plate them with the toast. you crack the egg in the pan ( don't break the yoke. let the egg white cook around it, and there ya go :)

Tara

sacha
06-02-2010, 11:43 AM
I made sushi and sashimi at home! Yay. Proud :D Miso soup with extra tofu ... tuna roll ... tuna with avocado roll ... tako roll with avocado .. tuna and tako sashimi! The beer was DH's. Hehe.

sotypical
06-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Tara - I do my eggs like yours often. Love them like that!

sacha - your sushi and sashimi look awesome! I have tried to go it myself before but I have this thing about preparing my own raw fish. I couldn't eat it without gagging - I am weird, it didn't taste bad, it was all in my head.

Diana3271
06-02-2010, 12:01 PM
Sacha The sushi does look great!

jondy
06-02-2010, 12:02 PM
Hi everyone!
wont post my meals until later just checking in because i know a few women talked about the wii..i have the wii fit but i just bought a game (you just need the remote) called just dance and boy was it fun! its just a basic simple follow the dance moves but the music is a wide variety and loads of fun..amazon has reviews up if anyone is interested..i like exercising without knowing it lol..:carrot:

Diana; i originally started drinking the warm lemon water in the mornings from the fat flush plan..the warm lemon water helps the liver flush out toxins. The reason ive incorporated it now, is because last year i was diagnosed with estrogen/progesterone positive breast cancer..it was very tiny only 4mm. Thank goodness i didnt need chemo or radiation. I chose double mastectomy with reconstruction (very pleased with the outcome). With all my research i found out that estrogen is cleaned out of the body through the liver..so the warm lemon water helps the liver do its job..i also gave up my wine :( because i also found out wine or alcohol gets filtered through the liver. the liver wont be able to pull all the estrogen out if its busy cleaning the alcohol out..i do drink my wine on occasion !! lol..also estrogen stores in belly fat..so the weight i need to lose will help with that too..im learning so many interesting things..but thats why i drink the lemon water..and i really like it..its calming first thing in the morning :):^:

sacha
06-02-2010, 12:03 PM
Tara - I do my eggs like yours often. Love them like that!

sacha - your sushi and sashimi look awesome! I have tried to go it myself before but I have this thing about preparing my own raw fish. I couldn't eat it without gagging - I am weird, it didn't taste bad, it was all in my head.

Aww thank you!!

I see you are also from BC! Not sure if you are in the lower mainland or not, but I get my sashimi from H-Mart (Korean), it's really fantastic quality!! :) NOT for the faint of heart, of course :) I actually only ate the (cooked) Tako (urm, octopus? Hehe). Once the baby's out, I'm back to raw tuna :P Yes, sushi is a mental game. Have you ever thought of making your own dynamite rolls with cooked prawn and avocado?

Thanks Diana!

Diana3271
06-02-2010, 12:06 PM
I have thrown all hope of losing weight out of the window for this week (again) - I hate how the weeks ad up and up and your six months in the year and you haven't lose any weight. Anyway... I am just in one of those moods today. I am not going to let this ruin my healthy eating today.

Courtnie We all have those days. Stay strong you can get through this. Don't worry about tomorrow or the rest of the week. Just concentrate on make the best choices on your next meal.

sotypical
06-02-2010, 12:07 PM
sacha - I am on the island, but getting good quality raw fish isn't hard. I can totally eat it - at restaurants! I have tried making other rolls - they are good, but not nearly as good as what I can buy. I would rather spend $5 and pick one up from the togo sushi place, making it is still fun though! My sister and I had a blast once rolling all kinds of weird things into sushi, some of it didn't stay together well but it was good. I think we had one that was chicken and ceasar salad dressing lol.

Diana - thanks, I am going to make good choices today but I am starting to feel like I am wasting my time. Again and this is what leads me into gaining 10 pounds. I try and try and try to lose weight and I don't. I have lost about 3-4 pounds since January. So eventually I give up, gain 10 pounds, lose 10 pounds no problem and get stuck at 160 again. Give up, gain 10 pounds... you get the idea.

sacha
06-02-2010, 12:10 PM
Haha true, the act of trying to make the sushi is the real entertainment ;)

Diana3271
06-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Jondy Thanks for that information! Interesting, indeed. So your cancer was estrogen and progesterone positive? Hmm, I am familiar with the estrogen part but not progesterone part. I'm so glad your treatment has worked so well.

sotypical
06-02-2010, 12:44 PM
6/2

Breakfast:
coffee w/ half and half
banana
english muffin w/ hummus and slice of cheese

Lunch:
weight watchers pasta/cheese meal

Snack:
fibre one bar
yogurt

Dinner:
no idea, not sure when I am going to be home from the spa
something light probably

Total calories: (before dinner) 865

Exercise:
if I am home not too late, hope to spend 30 min doing something.. wii fit? walking dvd?

Not a very healthy look day! :/

nicholeg
06-02-2010, 12:46 PM
Hi Everyone,
I am on the la weigh loss diet and like it very much. I can eat whatever I want (Well not fast food)while helping me with portion controls.
Sarah: What is EA? Is it a part of the Wii system? I have a hard time getting to the gym so I would like to purchase something for home to help with my weight loss.
I am so happy that I found this site. It is so nice to know that if I am having a bad day or good, there is always support to keep me going!! Thank you everyone for helping us all reach our goals!!!

vernie822
06-02-2010, 12:47 PM
Hey girls! I'm somewhat new, but I feel as if this will help me stay motivated and also see what others are eating so I can have some ideas! :)

Breakfast-
Life cinnamon cereal w/ 1/2 c skim milk - 180
Dannon light-n-fit strawberry yogurt - 60
= 240

AM Snack
Light String Cheese - 60
Water
= 60

Lunch
1 slice of wheat bread with one slice of turkey = 120
1 cup of watermelon = 50
1/2 cup of cucumber slices = 13
green pepper slices = 50
Kraft free ranch - 2 tbsp = 50
Whole natural almonds = 160
Water = 0
= 443

Dinner
1 can of Starkist tuna = 100
1 tbsp of Hellman's light mayo = 150
Dole Mandarin oranges fruit cup = 80
1 serving of carrot sticks = 35
1/2 cup of broccoli = 28
Kraft free ranch - 2 tbsp = 50
Water = 0
= 343

PM snack
Chewy Granola Bar = 100 calories

TOTAL FOR WEDNESDAY = 1154
^ I need between 40 and 400 more calories :/
TOTAL BURNED EXERCISING = About 170.. Hopefully I can burn some more later!!

I also am headed to Starbucks with friends tonight.. I may do an unsweetened Passionfruit iced tea. Or a steamer with sugar free vanilla and skim!

What stinks about today is that I am at work from 10-6 with no way to heat up food, or to prepare food, so I'm stuck eating tuna! Not too bad though, I will survive :)

Exercise:
Did C25K Week 3 this morning, and then added on an extra 9 minutes of walking afterwards, for about 27 minutes of walking, 7 minutes of jogging. :-) I may walk a mile or two tonight as well.

Diana3271
06-02-2010, 12:55 PM
nicholeg and vernie822 Hi and Welcome! :wave:

fashinjunkie09
06-02-2010, 02:00 PM
Hi everyone! :wave: I hope you are all having a wonderful week so far!

6/2/2010 Check-in:

Breakfast (335)
2 pkts strawberries 'n cream instant oatmeal made w/ water- 260
H2O- 0

Lunch (330)
Lean Cuisine penne and grilled chicken w/ veggies and a caramel apple dessert- 330
H2O- 0

Snack PM (255)
light & fit blueberry yogurt- 80
3 oz baby carrots- 35
4 tbsp chipotle hummus- 140
H2O- 0

Dinner (500)
2 cheese hot dogs- 280
1 cup 99% ff turkey chili- 170
1 slice whole grain low cal bread- 45
chopped onion- 5
H2O- 0

= apprx 1,420 calories

jondy
06-02-2010, 05:48 PM
hello!

hot water with lemon and (baby aspirin)
exercise..dvd the bar method and wii dance

breakfast 1/2 cup nonfat greek yogurt, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 tsp flax seed and bee pollen 1 cup frozen blueberries and strawberries,1/2 scoop protein powder (6 points)

lunch 1 ezekial roll 2 slices low ham 1/2 slice alpine lace swiss, tsp of low mayo lettuce (5 points)

snack 7 walnuts and a cup of tea with 1tbsp 1/2 & 1/2 3.5 points

dinner 2 cups broccoli and shrimp (4 points)
1 glass white wine (which i so boldly said earlier i gave up except for special occasions but the men in my house went to a baseball game and im a free woman tonight and have control of the remote so special occasion it is! (sound convincing?);)
total 20.5 points

segras04
06-02-2010, 05:50 PM
hello all, todays food log?

sotypical, you sound like me, throwing a whole week out the window! my mom did the glycemix index last summer and I tried it with her recently and she made a valid point, something that had been holding me back, if you cheat that is OK but just give yourself that one cheat, maybe your lunch? I would say, oh we are going out to dinner saturday night so no point eating right all saturday, then it would be all weekend. the thing i have going for me right now is that I have nothing planned for the next few weeks, birthdays, thanksgiving christmas etc! I looked for any excuse and I am really working on that, hopefully it can help you too!

B: Special K red berries & skim milk (3)

L: 1/2 whole wheat pita (1)
stuffed with veggies, peppers, cucumber, tomato, lettuce (0)
lite and fit yogurt (1)
baby carrotts (0)
5 Saltines (1)
strawberries (0)

S: 1oz pretzels (2)
yoplait smoothie (2)

D: whole wheat pasta with balsamic vinegar and tomatoes (3)

S: popcorn ?? (3)

segras04
06-02-2010, 05:58 PM
oh ya exercise: 30 min elliptical 30 min lifting

tamifc
06-02-2010, 07:11 PM
Hey all, this is my first time posting to one of these check-in posts but here goes:
I follow WW so I will be putting my points (estimated points) values.

Wednesday 02/06/10

Snapple, 1/3 bottle: 1
Rice, 1 cup: 4
Vegetable and Chicken StirFry: 7
Chocolate Fudge Cake: 6
Snapple, 1/3 bottle: 1
Rice, 2 cups: 8
Eggplant and Shrimp in Chli Sauce: 8

TOTAL: 35
Weekly points used: 11
Remaining Weekly Points: 24

I just came back from a 1 mth vacation so I have no food in my fridge. I have to go shopping tomorrow to avoid buying takeout.

MamaP
06-02-2010, 08:03 PM
6-2-10 check in

80+ ounces water
Took the stairs to and from the parking garage today - 3 flights each way

Breakfast:
1/2 turtle brownie (ate on the way to work cause my sugar was 60)
Frosted mini wheats with almond milk (I need to get up early enough tomorrow to make a green smoothie - I haven't had one in a while)

Lunch:
Grilled chicken breast
Green beans, carrots and zucchini steamed veggies
Grilled pineapple

Snack:
Chocolate chip cookie & vanilla ice cream (I shouldn't have, but it was sooo good and I planned for it)

Dinner:
Zucchini spaghetti (again - I love it and love that it's only 130 calories - great for days when you want to save some calories for a treat)
Caramel Corn Mini Rice Cakes

Approximately 1445 calories

ParadiseFalls
06-02-2010, 08:15 PM
Happy June, everyone! And mmm dippy eggs sound good right now!

Breakfast: (Alli)
Venti light coffee frappuccino [200]
Banana [105]

Snack:
Ritz crackerful [105]

Lunch: (Alli)
Bean burrito [370]

Dinner: (Alli)
Veggie burger on slimbun [250]
SmartOnes mac and cheese [300]

Dessert:
Strawberries and banana with fat free whip and lite syrup [250]

Total: 1535

jondy
06-02-2010, 09:01 PM
Mama..ive been craving a green smoothie latley..how do you make yours..i do frozen banana, fresh spinach, almond milk, flax seed..sooo good

MamaP
06-02-2010, 09:11 PM
Jondy ~ I use fresh spinach, avocado, baby carrots, frozen banana, and then whatever other fruit I feel like adding ~ frozen peaches, mangos, pineapple, strawberries or kiwi. I put in flax seed when I remember to. I use water as my liquid but may have to try the almond milk ~ I just got some this week for the first time and really like it.

Diana3271
06-02-2010, 09:44 PM
Hi Everyone!

tamifc Hi and Welcome!

Jondy Ha Ha sometimes you have to have a glass of wine. Enjoy! ;)

Kris Do you like alfredo sauce? Do you think it would taste good on the zucchini? I think it would taste good. Add a good amount of cracked black pepper. I think I am going to try this the next time I make the family spaghetti.

Paradise Great to see you back! ;)

Total Approx 1605 Calories

spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Handful of spinach
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Romaine Lettuce Leaves
apple pack 40 calories

Dinner (880 calories)
Turkey Wrap 600 calories
Cantalope 1 cup 60 calories
Grapes 1 cup 70 calories
Chips 150 calories

Exercise:
~The Firm Cardio Inferno w/fitstix
~TJ Kickin' Core

patchworkpenguin
06-02-2010, 09:45 PM
June 2

coffee 15
Mocha Banana shake
Banana 100
1/4 c greek yogurt 40
˝ c coffee
= 230

Bratwurst 210
bun 90
mustard/relish 30
can carrots 100
= 430

fiber bar 160
milk 200
=360

taco meat 200
pita 150
refried beans 180
brownie 200
coffee 35
= 765

Total= 1,785

Exercise,
Ped =4,831
45min LB floorwork
30min walk DVD

Weight,
219.2 ~ up .6

Tamific, welcome.

MamaP
06-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Diana ~ I love alfredo sauce and think it would probably be pretty good. I think maybe next time I'm at the store I'll look and see if I can find some lower calorie/fat alfredo sauce and give it a try.

Diana3271
06-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Kris Have you tried Newman's Own? http://www.newmansown.com/product_detail.aspx?productid=108 It's 90 calories per 1/4 cup. Sometimes I thin it out some, so it's even less calories.

Veil
06-02-2010, 10:21 PM
WOW ladies, it's busy in here!! That's great!!

6-2

B- 2 eggs

L- 2 bites pizza, 1 1/2 cups fried in olive oil veggies, 1 cup potato salad, 1 nectarine

D- Olive garden... 1 bread stick, 3 triangles of app. flatbread, 2 bowls salad, 1 bowl soup- zuppa toscana?, taste of hubby's fettuccine alfredo, few sips of sons soda. and the mint.

I felt exhausted today, sickly... how the heck-a-roonie did vacation kick my BUTT??? I am frustrated... today was Running Day. but no run :(

ped read 2000

Tomorrow is a new day. I am hopeful. and I am in this for the long haul. Atleast that's what I keep telling myself...

love2b150
06-02-2010, 11:01 PM
Good Evening Everyone
6/2/2010 :

Breakfast (387)
egg substitute w/ 1/2 slice turkey bacon, 1/2 sl. cheese and a Hearty grain English muffin, 8oz plum juice
16.9oz water x2

snack (210)
33 grapes, 8oz prune/apple juice
16.9oz water

~~~~~Barry's Boot Camp 21 minute workout

right size choc smoothie (210)
32oz water

lunch (170)
whole grain flat bread, turkey ham, tsp Miracle Whip, strip of lettuce, and peaches 16.9oz water

another snack (270)
40 pretzels
1 rice cake
32oz water

late dinner (195)
garden salad with beets, 1/2 thin grilled chicken breast, ff 1000 island, coke zero

TOTAL: 1442

Serbrider
06-02-2010, 11:50 PM
Today... not the best day. Urgh... I hate traveling... especially with my money pincher parents who refuse to buy anything if it's a little more expensive... even if it's MUCH better for you and/or I'll end up enjoying a lot more. (and by a little... I'm talking about a $6.50 sandwhich vs a $5.50 sandwhich!!!). So yeah... I tried talking my mom into the slightly more expensive but MUCH healthier option. She told me either get the less expensive one... or don't eat. And... I was hungry... and there wouldn't be anything on the plane. So yeah. I gave in and got the "cheaper" thing. And then of course... the only meal available for us at the family member's home that we're staying at was: KFC Chicken and Mac & Cheese. No fruits, no vegetables... but lots of cookies (I did avoid the cookies, and had mainly chicken with a tiny amount of mac and cheese).

So yeah... here's mine:

Breakfast-
Strawberry Fiber One Yogurt (I eat it frozen) - 50
Whole Grain Toast, two slices - 100
Three Sausage patties - 250

Lunch-
Chicken Philadelphia at Charley Subs - 570 (and guess what... this was on the "healthy options" part of it... BLECH... my stomach hates me right now, and I didn't even eat all of it! So the actual calorie count for this is probably less)
Grande Caramel Frappy Light from Starbucks - 167 (I honestly thought that the sub was more around the 400 calorie mark... and this is one of my favorite snacks)

Dinner-
Macaroni and Cheese (guesstimating here, I had a really little amount of it... the size was about a fourth of my palm size) - 80
KFC Chicken Thigh - 360 (good grief!!)
KFC Chicken Wing - 130

Altogether...
1707 Calories

Urgh....

As for the sandwhich I WANTED to get... but wasn't allowed to get (I wasn't even allowed to pay for it with MY OWN MONEY!!!), it was 400 calories... and I probably would have only finished half of it. And it had actual vegetables in it... not the few grilled things that were in the sub.

I am taking so many fruits and veggies with me to Universal tomorrow... I'm so not going to be getting off track here.

I'm just annoyed at my mom. One minute she says "I love that you're trying to lose weight and beginning to achieve your goals, I want to help you in any way I can", and then when I ask for one meal over another because it is MUCH healthier (not just sorta maybe... but MUCH MUCH MUCH), she says no because it is ONE DOLLAR more expensive.

>.<

SparklingT
06-02-2010, 11:52 PM
Breakfast: coffee w/LF milk, 1 srv low fat cottage cheese=125
Break: Coffee w/half & half=100
Lunch: Nada=0
After work: cuppa w/milk & sugar=60
Dinner: 1/4 hamburger patty (250), broccoli 2/LF margarine, broiled potatoes=425
After dinner: cuppa w/milk & sugar=60

Total=770

On the downside, I didn't exercise at work at lunch or after work.... but the calorie intake was fantastique!

terraleigh77
06-03-2010, 07:18 AM
Today thus far for breakfast is gonna be
3/4 cup raisin nut bran= 180
cup of milk= 90
2 wheat bread= 110
TBS butter= 60
For a nice total of 440.
Will probably have a cup of tea . And then it is off to the gym :)

Lunch was home made pizza sandwhiches. Total calories were 460. So I am in line thus far for a good calorie day. Great work out at the gym and a good visit with the chiropractor :)
Supper was stuffed shells, baked in a cup of sauce. Total came out to about 550. So my end total for the day is around 1700 with my 2 snacks for the day added in. Having my nightly cup of green tea before bed time :)
Tara

Diana3271
06-03-2010, 07:20 AM
Veil I love the Zuppa at Olive Garden! I always order that! The rest of the family eats the salad. I have even made Zuppa Toscana. It's easier to go to Olive Garden, LOL. ;)

Diana3271
06-03-2010, 07:25 AM
Serbrider I noticed your are 5'11". I think you are very good on your calories. I wouldn't worry there. Sometimes we are in situations where we just have to make the best choice we can with the options available to us. You sound very motivated. I think you will do just fine while on your trip.

Serbrider
06-03-2010, 07:29 AM
OH... I think my calories ended up just fine. :) I'm just annoyed because my mom is always talking about how we need to choose the healthiest thing... and then when I do... she won't let me get it because it's 1 dollar more than the other. >.<

And yeah... we're heading to Universal Studios in about an hour... can't wait. :D

Diana3271
06-03-2010, 07:37 AM
And yeah... we're heading to Universal Studios in about an hour... can't wait. :D

Have fun!

L R K
06-03-2010, 11:46 AM
Helloooooo Everyone!

Welcome to June! Let's make June a super sensational month staying OP and reaching our goals! :D

Boy has it been a busy week! :spin: I can't believe it is Thursday already and I haven't posted once! But I can say I have been good food wise and staying OP :)

Here is my plan for the day 6/3/2010

B - 1 rye bagel with cream cheese + 1 banana + 1/4 of a muffin :o

L - Lauren's Homemade BLT! (2 slices WW multigrain bread + 2 slices turkey bacon + Hellmans 1/2 fat mayo + romaine lettuce + tomato) + side salad of mixed greens, cucumbers, tomato, light chedder cheese and cal.wise greek and feta dressing

S - 1 Apple

D - Not 100% sure yet - I'm thinking a Chicken stirfry with snap peas and peppers with a homemade marinade and some rice

Drinking: 1 morning coffee + 2L water throughout the day + 1 diet pepsi

Exercise: 30min brisk walk with the dog (pending the rain)

have a happy, healthy and OP day :wave:

L R K
06-03-2010, 11:50 AM
And a BIG :welcome2: to all the newbies to the thread :wave:

Diana3271
06-03-2010, 11:54 AM
Lauren Hi! :wave: I'm so glad to see you check back in. I took a peak at your weight ticker. Woo Hoo! You are doing great!

L R K
06-03-2010, 12:07 PM
Thanks Diana!

Exteremely happy to still be in Onderland after the weekend :)

blueridgegirl
06-03-2010, 02:50 PM
Can't believe the thread is up to 6 pages and I haven't posted yet.

It's TOM so not weighing right now. Had two great dance classes over the weekend, and on Tuesday and Wednesday took some folks to a water park (part of my job) for a mini-vacation which was a lot of fun. With the exception of one dinner (ate too late, let myself get too hungry, and then it was a buffet dinner God help me...) made good choices food-wise. Plus very physically active running around the water park and swimming!:swim: Glad to be back though. On plan today and planning a good workout - looks like we are in for another afternoon summer storm so it may be treadmill or gym for me.

More details from me tomorrow. Welcome new folks!

blueridgegirl
06-03-2010, 02:54 PM
oh, another thing I forgot to mention - was wearing my new size 12 bathing suit at the waterpark. And actually was willing to be in group photo shots in my swimsuit. Huge NSV to not be hiding under a big t-shirt and feel comfortable in a swimsuit all day!

Diana3271
06-03-2010, 03:01 PM
oh, another thing I forgot to mention - was wearing my new size 12 bathing suit at the waterpark. And actually was willing to be in group photo shots in my swimsuit. Huge NSV to not be hiding under a big t-shirt and feel comfortable in a swimsuit all day!

Blueridge That is a huge NSV! You are doing great!

L R K
06-03-2010, 03:14 PM
blueridge - that is a huge NSV! Well done! :cp:

sotypical
06-03-2010, 04:52 PM
blueridge - that is awesome, congrats.

I have been bad bad bad bad bad. But come dinner time I will be good! Veggies and lean meat.

jondy
06-03-2010, 06:12 PM
took a peek at my scale this morning and its going down :)..i wont put it on my tracker yet until i officially weigh in tuesday..but im feeling focused. Im soo tired from the bar method dvd, everything and i mean everything hurts! ill try to do some wii dancing in a bit.

wake up..lemon water
breakfast 2 slices ezekial toast with no sugar pb and jelly
1 cup earl grey tea with 1 tbsp 1/2 and 1/2...5 points

lunch..1 large ice coffee with almond milk
1 south beach peanut butter bar....4 pts

snack whole grain crackers by kashi..5pts

dinner 1 cup broccoli and shrimp..with salad cucumber , tomato, lettuce, 1tbsp olive oil dress homemade 4pts

segras04
06-03-2010, 07:01 PM
hey guys! so far today:

B: strawberry and banana salad (1)
coffee with milk and sugar (2)

S: lite and fit yogurt (1)

L: Hummus (1)
Veggies- cucumber, peppers, carrotts (0)
small whole wheat pita (1)
watermelon (1)

1oz baked tostitos (2)
salsa (0)

D: 3oz grilled chicken (3)
1 cup brown rice (3)
squash/zucchini (0)

S: popcorn? (1)
laughing cow? (2)

exercise 30 min elliptical 40 min lifting

tamifc
06-03-2010, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome! Excited to be here.

Thursday 03/06/10

Cereal, 1 cup: 2
Banana: 2
Skim Milk, 1/2 cup: 1

Almonds, 10: 2

Udon Noodles, 1 serving: 6
Japanese Curry Beef: 8
Chocolate Almond Milk, 3/4 cup: 1.5

Ovaltine Biscuits, 1 packet: 4
Chocolate Almond Milk, 3/4 cup: 1.5

TOTAL: 28
Weekly points used: 4
Remaining Weekly Points: 20

I also had two glasses of wheatgrass and 2 litres of water.

Diana3271
06-03-2010, 09:44 PM
Hi Everyone! The weekend is almost here! :carrot:

Total Approx 2175 Calories :o OOPS!

spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Handful of spinach
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Romaine Lettuce Leaves
apple pack 40 calories

Snack :o (350 calories)
1 slice pepperoni pizza 350 calories

Dinner (1100 calories) :o
2 lumpia w/sauce 150 calories
2 fried chicken drummetts 150 calories
egg drop soup 100 calories
Beef with broccoli 150 calories
chicken chow mein 150 calories
Pancit 150 calories
cabbage 100 calories
bacon fried rice 150 calories

Exercise:
~Cardio & Core Dance Blast w/Fitstix
~The Firm Dangerous Curves Ahead w/Fitstix

love2b150
06-03-2010, 10:26 PM
Good Evening Everyone
6/3/2010 :

Breakfast (378)
8oz skim milk, egg substitute w/ 1/2 slice turkey bacon, 1/2 sl. cheese and a Hearty grain English muffin and cup of cantaloupe balls
16.9oz water x2

mid morning snack (229)
banana, whole red grapefruit, small apple
16.9oz water x2

~~~~~rode stationary bike only 2 miles, Harder than I thought, 20oz water

Lunch (379)
whole wheat sandwich thin, 1 slice turkey ham, 1 tsp Miracle Whip, 1/2 cup veg soup, prune/apple juice

Dinner (283)
fillet fish lemon pepper, 1/2 cup yellow squash, 1/2 cup spinach, hearty English muffin w/tsp margarine
16oz water

~~~~~20 minute walk

late snack 277 :( Went to the store with my children ... a no-no
10 honey wheat pretzels (ff), 16 animal crackers (ff) and 10 cantaloupe balls

TOTAL: 1546 use a different calorie intake thingee allows me 1543 a day so I did pretty well today, hopefully the late night snacks don't hurt me too much.

ParadiseFalls
06-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Huge NSV to not be hiding under a big t-shirt and feel comfortable in a swimsuit all day!
Congrats!!!

Hit 20 pounds lost today. Hoping to get into the 270s tomorrow but don't know if that will happen.

Breakfast:
Egg and cheddar bagel [470]

Snack:
Banana [105]
Coffee [120]

Lunch:
Was out covering a story in the BLAZING Florida sun, and when I was done I was dizzy so I ate a Snickers for quick energy instead of making a good choice :( [280]

Dinner:
Veggie burger [400]

Dessert:
Strawberries and banana with FF whip and lite chocolate syrup [250]

Total: 1635

lin1235
06-03-2010, 11:54 PM
I had a perfect day yesterday!

Breakfast: high fibre cereal with fat free milk, no sugar
Snack: 6 dried prunes
Lunch: veggie curry with rice
No snack - I had an orange but it had gone bad so I didn't eat it, drank some herbal tea without sugar instead
Dinner: Fish with stir-fried veggies
Glass of milk for bedtime (fat free)

Veil
06-04-2010, 12:09 AM
6-3

B- 1/2 apple, 1 egg

L- 4 cups chicken & broccoli stir fry, 1 cup rice, 1/2 egg foo young patty, 1 diet coke

D- 1 small caesar salad, 1 cup mashed potato/gravy, 1 1/2 cups pot roast w veggies. 4 bites okra, 1 slice carrot cake, 1/2 cup ice cream

exercise- I'm back! I stretched, sit ups, push ups, leg lifts, and ran/walked

ped read- 6000

weight 233

L R K
06-04-2010, 08:50 AM
Hi All :wave:

Happy Friday! :dance:

Paradise Congrats on the 20lbs loss! That is amazing :)

Here is my 6/4/2010

B - 12 small strawberries + 1 yoghurt + 1 plain crossiant

L - Not sure yet - probably Chicken Salad on multigrain with a side salad

S - 1 apple

D - Agaiin not too sure, going out. But I will make a good food choice. Going to get a salad with some chicken or something like that.

Drinking: Starbucks Non-Fat No Whip Cafe Mocha (no sugar added) + 2L water thrughout the day + 1 diet pepsi

Have a happy, healthy and OP day :)

L R K
06-04-2010, 08:50 AM
..... And a happy, healthy and OP weekend of course :)

patchworkpenguin
06-04-2010, 09:13 AM
June 3

Mocha Banana shake
Banana 100
1/4 c greek yogurt 40
˝ c coffee
= 230

2.5 oz, grilled chicken breast 140
2 c mixed veggies 200
dressing 10
banana bread 200
= 550

2 c juice 120

homemade meatloaf 200
biscuit w honey 200
˝ c bean and veg casserole 50
new potatoes 50
2 homemade PB brownies 400
3 coffee 100 {i'm surprised I slept at all}
= 1100

Total= 2,000 {not bad for everything I had today}

Exercise,
Ped = 5,577
30min UB weights
30min walk/jog intervals
8 min abs

Weight,
218.4 ~ down .8

BlueRidge, I'm sure you looked fabulous in your swinsuit.

Paradise, Great job on that 20lbs. WTG!

Welcome , to our new members!

Diana3271
06-04-2010, 10:57 AM
Hit 20 pounds lost today.

Paradise Great job! :carrot:

sotypical
06-04-2010, 12:03 PM
Back on track today! Since my week was so bad I am hoping for a good weekend.

6/4

Breakfast:
venti non-fat misto
english muffin w/ 3 slices turkey bacon and cheese
apple

Lunch:
1 cup canned clam chowder
6 potstickers
(weird lunch, I know)

Snack:
3 sticks celery + 1tbsp hummus

Dinner:
steak (hoping to find a pre-marinated one to quickly bbq)
broccoli + onion with orange sauce

Total calories: approx 1300

Diana3271
06-04-2010, 01:42 PM
Have a great weekend everyone!

blueridgegirl
06-04-2010, 01:55 PM
thanks, everybody for the encouragement re my swimsuit NSV. :carrot:

paradise - congratulations! 20 pounds gone is awesome. :D

Here's my Thursday:

breakfast: iced decaf green tea, oatmeal, almonds, blueberries, cinnamon

no morning snack - wasn't hungry

lunch - whole wheat pasta with tomato sauce and fresh grated parmesean cheese, tomatoes and peppers and onions.

snack (pre-workout) - whole wheat bread with cheddar cheese, 8 chocolate covered almonds (my afternoon sweet tooth fix...hey, at least it had protein)

dinner - tilapia filet (only 80 calories and yummy and good protein), 1/2 serving of rice, big salad with garden lettuce, tomato, basil with a bit of fresh mozzarella and homemade vinaigrette. I love spring salads! water to drink. 1/4 cup of ice cream for dessert - just enough to have something sweet, about 110 calories.

workout: 4 mile run on treadmill - too hot and humid for outdoor running!

Felt good to be back in my routine after two days of mini-vacation. Looking forward to a good, on plan weekend - no parties or special events, so hopefully no opportunity to get off track.

Have a great, on plan weekend everybody!

tamifc
06-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Congrats on the 20lbs Paradise.

Here's today, kinda overdid it with the ice cream, I really must be stop buying tubs of temptation cause I will eat it all.

Friday 04/06/10

Eggs, 2 boiled: 4
Jasmine Green Tea, 2 cups: 0

Whole Wheat Pasta, 1 serving: 3
Shrimp, 3/4 cup: 1.5
Alfredo Sauce, 1/4 cup: 2
Mushrooms: 0
Spinach: 0
Olive Oil, 1/2 tsp: 0.5

Pommegranate Juice, 473ml: 4

Mapleton's Organic Chocolate Ice Cream: 16

TOTAL: 31
Weekly points used: 7
Remaining Weekly Points: 13

ParadiseFalls
06-04-2010, 06:55 PM
Thanks, ladies!! And happy Friday :)

As of now (doing all I can to avoid the Friday night binge urge)

Breakfast:
Iced latte [150]
Special K protein bar [180]

Snack:
Handisnack cracker/cheese thing [100]

Lunch:
Plain bagel with light cream cheese [440]

Dinner:
1 and 1/4 cups black beans [300]
1.5 slices Velveeta cheese [90]
1 low-carb tortilla [120]

Dessert:
Skinny Cow sandwich [140]
Lowfat rediwhip [25]

Total: 1515

Total:

Diana3271
06-04-2010, 10:09 PM
I'm so glad the weekend is here!

Total Approx 1705 Calories

spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Handful of spinach
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch: (320 calories + swipe mayo)
Romaine Lettuce Leaves
Sliced Apples 100 calories

Dinner (1020 calories)
2 Slices wheatberry bread 240 calories
mayo 100 calories
lettuce/tomatoes
deli ham 240 calories
deli Turkey 240 calories
swiss cheese 200 calories

Exercise
~Turbo Kick Round 32

jondy
06-04-2010, 11:47 PM
paradise congratulations on your 20 pound loss!!! your an inspiration :)

im posting soo late . my husband and i took a cooking class with friends of ours at the viking school..soo much fun. Im not going to try and calculate points because i enjoyed myself and did a lot of things right..so im happy :D

lemon water then did my bar method dvd
breakfast large ice coffee with unsweetened almond milk
2 slices ezekial toast with no sugar pb&J

lunch 1 ezekial roll with 2 oz salmon, 1tsp mayo and lettuce..cup of salad with cucumber and tomato..lots of water

here we go :)..cooking school
crabcake with chipolte sauce (i ate only half..rest on hubs plate)
grilled veal chop with wild mushroom and roasted garlic pan sauce (i took the smallest one on the plate).
arugala salad with walnut raberry vinegarette about 1 cup
double chocolate cherry cookies with a scoop of homemade expresso ice cream (now sweets are my weekness..this is where im proud of myself..i ate one cookie gave the other to my husband and took a taste of the ice cream and put my spoon down)..yay!!
i was able to enjoy the night, not feel guilty but stop when i needed to. I kept thinking i worked so hard and yesterday for the first time i saw the scale go down..i worked hard with my exercise and i didnt want to throw it all away..it felt really good! also i got my yearly blood test back today and all my cholesterol is great i was able to lower everything..total cholesterol is 193 it was 220..triglycerides are 140 they were200..my LDL is 118 and was 130....what a great day i had to share it!:carrot:

Veil
06-04-2010, 11:57 PM
6-4

B- 2 eggs, 2 bites of toast
L- 3 cups greens, 1/2 cucumber, 1 tomato, 1/2 red pepper, handful croutons, 2T Asian dressing
S- 3 apple slices
D- small chicken breast w Famous Daves spices, 1 cup stir fry (rice, chicken, carrots, bamboo shoots, brown sause)

exercise- 0, feeling run down again...

ped read- 2000

weight- 233

terraleigh77
06-05-2010, 06:40 AM
yesterday was pretty good day. I don't have my journal handy with the calorie numbers but breakfast was

dippy eggs and toast w/cup green tea

Lunch was a lean cuisine meal and a ham sandwhich on wheat bread

and friday was my what I call my "indulgence" day. I had a double quarter pounder no cheese no mustard and a small fri NO salt.

Along with my 2 snacks I came in calorie wise a little over 1900. Drank a ton of water. And my weight this morning was.. 216!!!!! Down 2 pounds from yesterday. Which I think I finnally got rid of last holiday week ends eating. :carrot::carrot: Nothing planned for this week end. So shouldnt have any worries. Have a great day all!!

Tara

Diana3271
06-05-2010, 08:51 AM
Jondy It sounds like you handled being around all that tempting food very well! Great news from the Dr, too. Great job!

Veil Are you getting enough sleep? It's always hard for me to get 7-8 hours a night. I have also found that it harder for me to lose weight if I don't get enough sleep. :(

Tara Woo Hoo! Great job on the 2 pounds! :carrot:

love2b150
06-05-2010, 09:14 AM
Good Morning,

6/4/2010 :

Breakfast (412)
8oz skim milk, egg substitute w/ 1/2 slice turkey bacon, 1/2 sl. cheese and a Hearty grain English muffin and banana
16.9oz water x2

mid morning snack (205)
banana, 14 grapes, cheese pretzel snack thing
32oz water

~~~~~attempted stationary bike :( didn't last 3 minutes)
10 pretzels just because (110)

Lunch (385)
salad, with real bacon bits, shred cheese, 3 cherry tomatoes,beets, 1/2 pc thin grilled chicken and a pc of grilled salmon, 1 tbsp reg 1000 island 24oz water

Dinner (383)
L/C spaghetti w/ meat sauce sprinkle of parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup yellow squash, 1/2 cup spinach, hearty English muffin w/tsp margarine
24oz water

~~~~~30 minute walk and I cut the grass

TOTAL: 1495

Diana3271
06-05-2010, 09:34 AM
~~~~~attempted stationary bike :( didn't last 3 minutes)

~~~~~30 minute walk and I cut the grass

You might have to work up to staying on the bike longer. It looks like you got in a walk, that's great exercise. Actually some people say it's the best exercise a person can do. :) Did you cut the grass with a push or riding mower?

patchworkpenguin
06-05-2010, 09:36 AM
June 4

Brat on Bun 320

Banana 100
2 cups Honey Nut Cheerios 240
fiber bar 160
= 500

peanuts 400+ PMS snack frenzy

grilled chicken breast 140
2 c mixed veggies 200
dressing 10
stawberry shortcake 200
= 550

Total= 1,770

Exercise,
Ped = 3,052
40min kickboxing

Weight,
218.2 ~ down .2

TXMary2
06-05-2010, 10:03 AM
Yesterday I was slightly under my calorie allowance and that is with the BBQ we went to. The bbq was a breeze - I ate my cheesburger as planned, 1 cup of the rotini pasta salad I made and some watermelon.

I did my measurements this morning after only doing them when I started on 4/22 - and I lost an inch in my waist and on my bicep, but on my chest and hips it was 3 - 3.5 inches.....not sure if that is right...it seems like a lot. However, I am now able to wear two bras very comfortably that I couldn't wear the last couple of years so maybe that is right.

Have a great weekend everyone!

patchworkpenguin
06-05-2010, 10:18 AM
Mary, great job on the weightloss and the NSVs

ParadiseFalls
06-05-2010, 01:59 PM
Congrats, Mary!

Looks like I'm going to get through this weekend on plan!!

Morning (woke up late)
1 fountain Pepsi/diet Pepsi mix [200]

Lunch
Veggie burger on flat sandwich bread [250]

Snack
Popcorn [250]

Dinner
1/2 vegetable quesadilla [240]
1 cup refried beans [210]
1/2 slice cheese melted on beans [30]

Dessert
Fruit and Skinny Cow [250]

Snack
Coffee with milk and Sweet 'n' Low [200]

Total: 1630

blueridgegirl
06-05-2010, 02:07 PM
My Friday:

breakfast: 2 slices whole wheat toast, peanut butter, teensy smear of strawberry jelly (jar was pretty much empty, just trying to coax the last bit out...), coffee with splash of milk.

no morning snack -wasn't hungry

lunch: raita (cucumber, yogurt, garlic, dill), rice, and a curry-type concoction of butternut squash, green beans, onions, and other veggies. felt the hankering for something sweet after lunch and didn't do it.

afternoon snack: 1/2 banana, fresh blueberries, yogurt with granola sprinkled on top (sort of a big snack, but it was a small lunch)

dinner: leftover cream of spinach and broccoli soup (homemade with garden veggies), a little bit of leftover stir-fry, and 1/2 wrap with black beans, avocado, sweet potato, and lettuce. lots of water.

evening snack: was still hungry cause dinner was kind of small. 1/2 cup leftover whole wheat pasta with canned tomato sauce, 5 chocolate covered almonds. I try to not eat after dinner but it was 9 pm and I was hungry and wasn't going to bed right away. Was pleased the portion was reasonable.

scale today: 200.5 Still teetering right at the onederland point. But I'll take it.

workout: 20 minute yoga standing poses video (Gaiam brand with Rodney Yee - anyone else love these?) not much of a workout, but it was what I could squeeze in on a busy day. :yoga:

so far on track for Saturday. I have a party to go to tonight and I don't think there will be much in the way of food, but probably alcohol so I'm saying here that I'm limiting myself to two glasses of wine.

love2b150
06-05-2010, 10:46 PM
You might have to work up to staying on the bike longer. It looks like you got in a walk, that's great exercise. Actually some people say it's the best exercise a person can do. :) Did you cut the grass with a push or riding mower?

Hi Diana, yes I definitely need to work on staying on the bike. :) Between my knees and my lack of energy it's really hard right now. I do love the walking and have managed to walk almost every day. Our mower is an old weed eater push mower, so I definitely burn calories there.

I'm having an issue with snacking at night which has always been a serious weakness of mine. Looking for some ideas/help to get me through the evenings.

ParadiseFalls
06-05-2010, 10:51 PM
I'm having an issue with snacking at night which has always been a serious weakness of mine. Looking for some ideas/help to get me through the evenings.

I'm having the same problem. I've just been drinking Coke Zero to fill my stomach and satisfy the sweet craving, and I also usually have a big bowl of fruit with fat-free whipped cream (about 20 calories for a cup), and that usually does the trick until/unless I get a craving for something salty.

jondy
06-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Thanks Diana!
love reading everyones posts!
lemon water
1 hour on fat burn program on treadmill 3 miles lots of hills :)
breakfast cup of tea with tbsp of 1/2/.2 slices ezekail toast with no sugar pb&j 5points

lunch..large ice coffee with unsweetened almond milk and south beach protein bar..5 points

dinner..1 small chicken breast, applesauce, small sweet potato, salad of cucumbers, tomato with olive oil lots of water 8 points

snack large water with south beach protein bar 3 points

cant wait to weigh in tuesday been a great week so far

love2b150
06-05-2010, 11:03 PM
6/5/2010 :

BIG Breakfast (503)
8oz skim milk, egg substitute w/ 1/2 slice turkey bacon, 1/2 sl. cheese and a 1 sl whole wheat toast, 10 cantaloupe balls
24oz water

snack (195)
banana, and peach low calorie yogurt

lunch (415)
Smart One broc & ched potatoes, baked lays, sunflower seeds, cranberry juice,16.9oz water x2

~~~~~NO MID DAY WORK OUT other than walking around the stores with my family

Dinner (255)
turkey ball park, soy chili, sandwich thin
baked lays
32oz water

~~~~~1/2 mile walk, cut short, our daughter fell on the track, skinned her knees pretty bad, cleaned her up and she was down for the count, she is fine :)

TOTAL: 1368 ~~ I haven't eaten this little amount yet, why do I feel so full. Let's see what my weight is in the morning.

Good Night All :)

Diana3271
06-05-2010, 11:16 PM
I'm having an issue with snacking at night which has always been a serious weakness of mine. Looking for some ideas/help to get me through the evenings.[/FONT]

I'm not sure if this will help any, but here goes. A couple months ago, I started making DH protein shakes for breakfast a couple times a week. At first I put everything in the blender. The protein shake would get all frothy and full of air. DH hated them when I put them in the blender (now I just put it in a shaker, LOL). It made him feel too full because of all that extra air, etc. Maybe you could cut your calories for dinner a little and make small protein shake. Make sure you put it in the blender so you can get that full feeling. :D If you use water as the liquid, you could probably make a small (1/2 scoop) protein shake for 65 calories.

Diana3271
06-05-2010, 11:19 PM
TOTAL: 1368 ~~ I haven't eaten this little amount yet, why do I feel so full. Let's see what my weight is in the morning.

I'm glad everything is OK with your Daughter. It looks like you ate a good amount of protein. Protein keeps me full longer than anything else.

Diana3271
06-05-2010, 11:25 PM
Total Approx 1565 Calories

spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Handful of spinach
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch (300 calories)
Grilled Chicken Snack Wrap, no sauce 250 calories
Starbucks Venti Iced Coffee, sweet 'n low, splash cream 50 calories

Dinner (900 Calories)
1 smoked sausage link 250 calories
Cabbage 200 calories
Sweet tea 100 calories
1 slice banana cream pie 350 calories

Exercise:
3 Mile Mall Walk

Veil
06-06-2010, 12:43 AM
6-5

B- 2 eggs, few bites of rice&raisin
L- 3 cups greens, 1/2 cucumber, 1/2 red pepper, handful croutons, 2T Asian dressing
S- 1 cup strawberry smoothie, 1 small coffee
D- 1 cup mixed nuts

exercise- sit ups, push ups, run/jog/walk (I went for a run on my normal path, and stumbled upon a CFF Walk... I really have a problem running when a lot of people are around! I did OK, slowed to a walk 15mins into the routine because I pushed myself too hard to get out of the main crowd, live and learn!)

ped read- 8500

Veil
06-06-2010, 12:47 AM
Diana- Aw, thanks for the concern! Yea, I am getting plenty of sleep, like 8-9 hours. But we did stay up late ALOT with vacation so I think my body is still in catch up? Thanks again!

terraleigh77
06-06-2010, 06:43 AM
not happy this morning. :( Scale said 216.8 yesterday. This morning. 218.0 on the dot.. I will admit I dont feel like I got a good nights sleep. My back is hurting a tad, so maybe thats something. Going to really watch what I eat today. I know my weight can fluxuate from day to day, but UGH :mad:

Tara

Diana3271
06-06-2010, 10:02 AM
not happy this morning. :( Scale said 216.8 yesterday. This morning. 218.0 on the dot.. I will admit I dont feel like I got a good nights sleep. My back is hurting a tad, so maybe thats something. Going to really watch what I eat today. I know my weight can fluxuate from day to day, but UGH :mad:

Tara

Tara It could very well be the sleep. I like to weigh daily, too. The fluctuations are rough sometimes. But, what if you only weighed weekly and today was your weigh in. We know you didn't really gain over a pound over night, but with a weekly weigh in you might get even more frustrated. You would have thought that you worked all week and stayed on plan, but you gained.

patchworkpenguin
06-06-2010, 10:35 AM
June 5
1c milk 100
2 c coffee

5 coconut shrimp 500
citrus mustand sauce 100
broccoli 100
brownie 200
= 1,000

Whole Hog Chicken 300
potato salad 180

peanuts 200
choc truffle 50

Total= 1,730

Exercise,
Ped = 7,214
60min LB toning

Weight,
217.8 ~ down .4

BlueRidge, Was your workout from Yee's AM Yoga For Your Week. I have that one, love the scenery, and I got some good tips on form from that one. Gaiam has done a whole series of workouts that are filmed outdoors and they are gorgeous

ParadiseFalls
06-06-2010, 04:12 PM
278.6 today. I think the 280s are officially gone :cb:

Breakfast:
2/3 cup granola with 2% milk [290]
Coffee with cream and Sweet 'n' Low [150 to be safe]

Lunch:
Veggie burger on Arnold sandwich thin with 1 slice cheese [320]

Snack:
Butter popcorn mini bag [160]
Strawberries with fat-free whip [100]

Dinner:
SmartOnes pizza [370]

Dessert:
SmartOnes cookie sundae [170]

Total: 1560

love2b150
06-06-2010, 04:51 PM
I'm glad everything is OK with your Daughter. It looks like you ate a good amount of protein. Protein keeps me full longer than anything else.

Thanks Diana, she's a trooper :)(3 boys before her).

I just read that about protein. I am still learning even though I have dieted many times. I'm really proud of my food choices so far. ... still fighting with the snacking. I need to find a way to get the complete balance out of my choices, maybe then I can forget about the snacks.

love2b150
06-06-2010, 05:16 PM
I'm not sure if this will help any, but here goes. A couple months ago, I started making DH protein shakes for breakfast a couple times a week. At first I put everything in the blender. The protein shake would get all frothy and full of air. DH hated them when I put them in the blender (now I just put it in a shaker, LOL). It made him feel too full because of all that extra air, etc. Maybe you could cut your calories for dinner a little and make small protein shake. Make sure you put it in the blender so you can get that full feeling. :D If you use water as the liquid, you could probably make a small (1/2 scoop) protein shake for 65 calories.

Hi Diana, nothing in it but the powder and water, yuck :) I'll give it a try this evening. Frying chicken for the family, I love my chicken this is gonna be so hard. I'll let you know how I did with the chicken and the shake. :)

SparklingT
06-06-2010, 05:50 PM
Breakfast: tea & lowfat yogurt 150

Lunch: lowfat cottage cheese & diet orange soda 475

afternoon tea: tea w/milk & Splenda & sugar 50

Dinner will be: 2 eggs & broccoli & diet margarine 300

Total 975

I'm having a hard time sticking to this so far. I'll have a good couple days then a bad couple of days. I've got to stick to it! I love being a loser!

Diana3271
06-06-2010, 06:20 PM
I'm having a hard time sticking to this so far. I'll have a good couple days then a bad couple of days. I've got to stick to it! I love being a loser!

Hi Sparking Sometimes it really hard staying on plan. It looks like your calories may be a little low. Your body may be telling you that you need more calories to get through the day. Our body has a way of telling us things like that.

jondy
06-06-2010, 06:52 PM
Yay paradise!!! so happy for you :)

lemon water
breakfast, tea with 1 tbsp 1/2 1/2 my usual ezekial toast with no sugar pb&J
lunch medium ice coffee with almond milk and south beach protein bar
snack 1 apple with goat cheese..lots of water

dinner chicken breast with small sweet potato and salad

light walking today is my rest day from exercise

love2b150
06-06-2010, 07:31 PM
Good Evening,

6/6/2010 :

Breakfast (389)
French vanilla slim fast and a banana (before church)
grapefruit, 15 grapes (after church)
16.9oz water

snack (142)
12 baked lays, 2 honey wheat pretzels
33oz water

~~~~~walked 4 laps around the track

Lunch (310)
chicken salad sandwich, ff mayo,onion, celery, relish,2 sl whole wheat, 8oz V8 fusion, 16oz water

another snack (138)
8 honey wheat pretzels, small apple, 33oz water

Dinner (328)
salad, with real bacon bits, shred cheese, beets, 1/2 pc thin grilled chicken and 1 tbsp reg 1000 island 24oz water, 6 baked lays, 6oz cranberry juice
32oz water

~~~~~no additional exercise yet :D

TOTAL: 1312

I made a shake but couldn't drink it. I put peaches in it and couldn't stomach the consistency of it. Didn't add any calories for the little I did drink. Next time I'll try without peaches.

ParadiseFalls
06-06-2010, 08:13 PM
Thanks, Jondy!

Veil
06-06-2010, 09:19 PM
6-6

B- 1 1/2 cups rice&raisin

L- 2 apple slices, 2 cups rice, 1t green chutney, 1/4 cup mixed nuts no peanuts, i bite of kabob chicken

D- Famous Daves BBQ salad, no cheese, dressing on the side, bite of muffin, 1/2 Oreo

S- 5 strawberries (Bought a 4 pound box because they were on sale! Yikes, I better figure out what I am doing with these!!)

exercise- stretch, sit ups, push ups, weights, 30 min run/jog/walk.

ped read- 5500

WEIGHT- 231 pounds- this is a big deal because I looked over my journal and I saw that this is the lowest I have been in long awhile!!

Diana3271
06-06-2010, 09:28 PM
Paradise Great job!

Kris How many calories did you determine was in the 1 pound of zucchini? I came up with about 80 calories, but I normally round my calories up. I put it was 100 calories. I bought a julienne tool at Walmart for $3 and change. It works but its hard to use. :(

Total approx 1320 Calories. I literally cannot eat another bite! All those veggies for dinner have done me in, LOL. :D

Breakfast (300 calories)
Coffee w/cream & sugar
High fiber English Muffin 100 calories
1 cup egg whites 120 calories
2% American cheese 50 calories
1 slice bacon 30 calories

Lunch (360 calories)
I ordered a Grilled Chicken Snack Wrap, no sauce, but they sent me a crispy snack wrap, I didn't even want to deal with them, so I ate it anyways. 310 calories
Venti Iced coffee w/sweet 'n low & splash cream 50 calories

Dinner (660 calories)
Alfredo sauce 180 calories
meatballs 4 ounces ground chuck 240 calories
broccoli, sugar snap peas, ect. 140 calories
1 pound zucchini spaghetti 100 calories

Exercise:
~The Firm Calorie Killer w/Fitstix

MamaP
06-06-2010, 10:48 PM
Diana ~ how was your zucchini with the alfredo sauce? According to my GWF website, a pound of zucchini is 73 calories.

patchworkpenguin
06-07-2010, 12:03 AM
June 6
iced coffee 100
homemade club sandwich 380
baked beans 140
corn 100
=720

choc fiber bar 120

chicken 300
pototo salad 180
peas 100
= 580

Huge homemade choc banana sundae = 400+ {PMS related}
Total= 1,820

Exercise,
Ped = 8,186

Weight,
217.4 ~ down .4

Veil, congrats on that low~

Paradise, yay on those 270's!

terraleigh77
06-07-2010, 06:45 AM
218 again this morning :( I should have known that 216 on saturday was the scale playing with me. Here's hoping my work out today will flush the rest of what ever junk my body is holding onto. Though the scale didn't change, my belly bump seems smaller this morning lol. I guess that is one good thing!

Tara

Diana3271
06-07-2010, 07:09 AM
Kris I liked the flavor and enjoyed my meal. The 1 pound plus veggies was too much food. I used 2 zucchini, the next time I will use 1. I just wish it was easier to cut up. The julienne tool was difficult to use. I might buy a spaghetti squash and try that the next time.

Tara Sometimes you don't see changes in the scale, but you do notice it in your clothes. I had that happen to me at the first of the year. The scale wasn't moving much, but my clothes were literally starting to fall off of me.

Veil Great job on a new low!

patchworkpenguin
06-07-2010, 10:40 AM
I just got back from the Dr, GP, He knows I'm trying to lose weight, and I'm frusterated because its so slow. One thing he told me was that as I'm losing weight, since I'm exercising so much, my weight won't change much as the fat is changing into muscle, which may explain why my weight hasn't changed in the past year but I'm wearing smaller sizes and feel more firm than flabby. I had this happen once before when I was doing P90x. I did the program lost only a few inches but only lost maybe 8 lbs in the three months. I was much stronger however.

MamaP
06-07-2010, 10:43 AM
Diana ~ One pound is a lot of zucchini. I've only done that once. I am using two pretty small zucchinis now. I grate mine with a cheese grater on the big hole side (like the picture). I cut each zucchini in half and then shred it. It's easy and fast - just have to watch the knuckles :)

Diana3271
06-07-2010, 11:13 AM
Kris I seriously thought that I would weigh heavier this morning because of all the food I had last night, but I didn't. Actually I am down .4. The problem is that I was still full this morning. I didn't put as much spinach in my omelet this morning. I didn't need the volume to keep me full because I was already full. Now it's getting close to lunch time and I'm still full from breakfast and dinner last night. I'm thinking that I need to skip a meal somewhere, LOL. I should have skippend breakfast. ;) Maybe I will try shredding the zucchini the next time I make it. I definitely won't be eating 1 pound of it the next time, LOL. I do want to try the spaghetti squash, though.

Ciao
06-07-2010, 11:48 AM
6-7
144.8 lbs. Hopefully that'll go
down throughout the day. :D

sotypical
06-07-2010, 12:06 PM
I totally need to get some zucchini and spaghetti squash today and some sauce. This is going to be a good week - last week was just bad, but back on track!

6/7

Breakfast: (441 calories)
coffee (7) w/ half and half (88)
206g orange (97)
106g quiche (209)
100g yogurt (40)

Lunch: (420 calories)
english muffin (120) w/laughing cow (35), 102g chicken thigh (121), bbq sauce (30), 64g cucumber (8) and 29g tomtato (6)
3 stalks celery (19) w/ 1 tbps hummus (35)
miso soup (45)

Dinner: (439 calories)
4oz pork chop (226) w/ orange sauce (30)
.75 cup brocolli (42)
6 baby carrots carrots (20)
corn on the cob (123)

Total calories: 1300

Diana3271
06-07-2010, 12:33 PM
I totally need to get some zucchini and spaghetti squash today and some sauce. This is going to be a good week - last week was just bad, but back on track!

Courtnie Just don't eat a pound of the zucchini or spaghetti squash. :o ;) Great job of thinking positive. It does make a difference.

L R K
06-07-2010, 12:48 PM
Hi Everyone :wave:

I have a very busy day so just a quick drop in for me.

Plan 6/7/2010

B - 2 slices WW multigrain bread with 1 egg and 1 slice turkey bacon + 1 banana + 1 yoghurt

L - Chicken Souvlaki (about 3oz chicken) + 1 small potato + side salad of romaine, tomato, cucumbers and cal.wise Greek dressing

S - 1 Apple

D - Homemade Fish Tacos! Yum-o! I am using Salmon :)

Exercise: 30min brisk walk with the dog

Have a happy, healthy and OP day :wave:

jondy
06-07-2010, 04:00 PM
Hello!

Diana remember we talked about counting calories and i wasnt sure which site to use? Im finally going to make the switch from points to calories. My sister told me about a great easy site to use. Your probably familiar with it..called my fitness pal..i found it easier than tracking my points. I just clicked in my food and it did all the work..

ill post foods after dinner..not sure what im going to eat yet..hmmm

Diana3271
06-07-2010, 05:07 PM
Jondy I will take a look at fitness pal. Thanks!

jondy
06-07-2010, 06:40 PM
breakfast
1 small frozen banana, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 tsp no sugar pb, 1/2 scoop jay robb protein powder

exercise..60 minutes treadmill (run/walk) using ipod app to train for 5k (lots of fun!)..16 oz water

1 container of vitacoco pure coconut water

lunch 1 ezekail toasted roll with 1 tbsp no sugar pb and j
medium ice coffee with 2 sunpackets (stevia) 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk

dinner 3 small grilled chicken fajitas with onion and pepper only and 1 tbsp sour cream 16 oz water

Totals 1,324 147 50 87
Your Daily Goal 1,579 217 52 59
Remaining 255 70 2 -28
Calories Carbs Fat Protein
*You've earned 379 extra calories from exercise to

jondy
06-07-2010, 06:50 PM
oh i forgot veil..freeze the leftover strawberries they are so good for smoothies

patch..fat doesnt turn to muscle..muscle eats fat. it burns more calories even at rest. Muscle as your building it holds water and yes you will weigh heavier on a scale but look slimmer in clothes..take your measurments..my kids do the p90x.. hard program but i hear so many fantastic things about it! I started it a few months ago but my body wasnt ready for it so even the fact your doing it is fantastic! and slow and steady wins the race...i have to keep telling myself same thing :)

ParadiseFalls
06-07-2010, 07:13 PM
Hello ladies! I hope everyone is having a lovely day.

Breakfast:
Coffee with cream and Sweet 'n' Low (ordered a medium, but they gave me a large...this time I didn't complain!) [200]
Bagel with American cheese [300]

Lunch:
Didn't have time to go out and get something, but I was feeling hungry so I grabbed a Coke from the machine :shrug: [140]

Dinner:
Veggie burger with thick tomato slices [250]
1 cup Velveeta low-fat mac 'n' cheese [330]

Dessert:
SmartOnes sundae [170]
Banana [100]

Total: 1490

Diana3271
06-07-2010, 08:36 PM
Hi Everyone! We made it through the toughest day of the week, or at least for me, Monday is the toughest.

Total Approx 1585 calories

spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Handful of spinach
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch: (320 calories + swipe mayo)
Romaine Lettuce Leaves
Sliced Apples 100 calories

Dinner (900 calories)
2 Grilled Mahi Soft Taco's 600 calories
1 slice of banana cream pie (smaller than an actual serving) 300 calories

Exercise:
~TJ Fat Blaster
~TJ 20 Minute Workout
~TJ Ab Jam

Diana3271
06-07-2010, 08:40 PM
Jondy I like the My Fitness Pal site. I think it's easier to use than Daily Plate.

MamaP
06-07-2010, 09:03 PM
6-7-10

64+ ounces water
1 mile walk/jog

Breakfast:
Green Smoothie

Lunch:
Hamburger patty
cottage cheese with peaches
Light & Fit Yogurt
Broccoli with cheese sauch

Snack:
McDonald's Ice Cream Cone

Dinner:
Grilled Roast Beef Sandwich with mozzarella cheese
Lettuce Salad

Approximately 1500 calories.

jondy
06-07-2010, 09:06 PM
I liked it too Diana..i like daily plate but i think the my pal one is easier and i like the fact that at the end of the day they tell you if you continue in 5 or 6 weeks you should be around such and such weight..some neat little features.

patchworkpenguin
06-07-2010, 10:12 PM
June 7

iced coffee 100
banana 100
= 200

Jason’s Med wrap 300
chips 140
= 440

Red Robin BBQ cheeseburger 1115
fries 435
= 1,550 {gulp, had no idea it would be that much}

Total= 2,200

Exercise,
Ped =10,467
two circuits of the dog park {one long, one short} = 3,825 steps

Weight,
219.2 ~ up 1.8

Jondy, Thanks for your encouragement. I did P90x is '06 and have been making my own rotations since. I do measure, but haven't seen any significant changes in a while.

sotypical
06-07-2010, 10:18 PM
Total for today ended up being 1185.

I am so in love with corn on the cob grilled on the bbq, so delicious! I use 1tsp olive oil over two cobs, gril and then sprinkle with salt and pepper! yum yum.

I stopped on my way home and got zuchini, spaghetti squash and sauce!

Veil
06-07-2010, 10:48 PM
6-7

B- 1 cup rice & raisin
S- 3 cups watermelon and 3 mini cookies
L- 3 cup greens, 1 tomato, 1/2 red pepper, 1/2 cucumber, handful croutons, 3T Asian dressing, steak (1/2 deck cards size)
S- 2 mini chocolates, 8 strawberries
D- 1 cup pasta, 1/2 cup sauce, 1 1/2 cup sausage, 1 cup fired squash
S- espresso shot with too much half & half

exercise- stretches, sit ups, push ups, weights, jog/walk

ped read- 6500

weight- 229. ohh yea!! but tomorrow I will pay for all the salt I had today!!

love2b150
06-07-2010, 11:17 PM
Good Evening Everyone, today was a crazy day for me. I started a new eating plan and it didn't include an early morning snack so by 11:00-11:15 I was going crazy. I decided to vacuum until lunch time, that didn't work. I vacuumed two rooms and the stairs, then ate 12 baked lays, 5 honey wheat pretzels, 20 reg pretzels, 1 rice cake and 15 grapes. It wasn't bad, but it made me feel like I had fallen off the bandwagon. I cut my lunch because of the snacking and didn't eat as much as I thought. Well my guilt got to me and I got on that stationary bike. Diana I stayed on for 25 minutes and my distance was 5.50 miles. Yay, for me. Oh and I walked a mile and a quarter this evening.:)

6/7/2010 :

Breakfast (305)
8oz skim milk, egg substitute w/ 1/2 slice turkey bacon, 1 sl. cheese, 1/2 grapefruit, 1 sl whole wheat toast, spray butter, 16.9oz water x2

mid morning snack frenzy (335)
15 grapes, 12 baked lays, 5 wheat pretzels, 20 reg pretzels, 1 rice cake
32oz water my mouth was so dry

Lunch (242)
chicken salad (hm) on 1 sl whole wheat, 1/2 cup vegetarian vegetable soup, 1/2 grapefruit, 16.9 oz water

~~~~~25 minutes on the stationary bike, 16.9oz water

Dinner (281)
3oz grilled chicken breast thin, 1/2 potato with spray butter, 1/2 cup spinach, 1 sl whole wheat toast, 1/2 cup skim milk, whole grapefruit cut up
16oz water

~~~~~walked a mile and a quarter, 16.9oz water, and 8oz green tea (zero calories)

TOTAL: 1163

terraleigh77
06-08-2010, 06:11 AM
I want to do a little jig , but on the other hand I don't want to give the scale gods another reason to pull the rug out from under me lol but the scale said 216.8 on the dot this morning lol even weighed myself 3 times in a row :P So we will see :)

Tara

Diana3271
06-08-2010, 07:11 AM
Love2b150 Great job on your exercise!

Tara Great job! I'm in the same boat as you! Maybe we can do a little jig together! I am so excited to report that I made it to the teens! But I know I am getting ready to start TTOM so I may not stay there long. But I am there, so I'm doing that little jig with you Tara. ;) :carrot:

terraleigh77
06-08-2010, 07:54 AM
Congrats! :carrot:

ParadiseFalls
06-08-2010, 09:42 AM
Congrats on your scale victories, ladies! And jondy, THANK YOU for mentioning My Fitness Pal!! I have been looking everywhere for something that would tell me how much calories, fat and carbs to eat and then track it. I looked at iPhone apps, websites, etc., and didn't find what I was looking for until you pointed out MFP! :cb:

L R K
06-08-2010, 10:43 AM
Hello :)

Here is my 6/8/2010

B - 2 slices WW multugrain bread with swipe vegemite and natural peanut butter + 1 yoghurt + 12 small strawberries + 1 individually wrapped cheese

L - 1 small can of tuna mixed with a little half the fat mayo and diced pickles + 2 light rye Ryvita + salad with romaine, baby spinach, 1 tomato, light chedder cheese and cal.wise balsmaic dressing

S - 1 Apple

D - Beef with black bean sauce + snap peas and greens beans + rice with a little egg and soy sauce

Exercise: 30 min brisk walk with the dog

sotypical
06-08-2010, 12:45 PM
6/8

Breakfast: (441 calories)
coffee (7) w/ half and half (88)
206g orange (97)
106g quiche (209)
100g yogurt (40)

Lunch: (350 calories)
265g zucchini (42), 100g shrimp (99), 1/4 cup alfredo sauce (80)
10 multigrain crackers (93) w/ laughing cow (35)

Snack: (33 calories)
10 baby carrots (33)

Dinner: (313 calories)
2 cups homemade chili (313)

Total: 1137

My calories in my chili seems low, but I figured it all out - twice - and that's what it said! I do have some extra calories if I am hungry.

patchworkpenguin
06-08-2010, 01:33 PM
SoTypical, My mom's non 'diet' chili recipe come out to only a little more than what you have posted so it seems right to me. Do you use beef or turkey?

sotypical
06-08-2010, 04:18 PM
Penguin - I used lean ground beef, lots of tomatoes, onions, beans, mushrooms and corn. It just seemed so low, 150ish for 1 cup. The store brand stuff is like 220+ - they must fill it with oil or something.

patchworkpenguin
06-08-2010, 04:29 PM
SoTypical, I tried making turkey chili but it just wasn't the same. This is Mom's recipe, LOL, not to be tampered with. The corn sounds like an interesting additon. I wonder what Hubby would say. "Honey, why is there corn in the chili??? Isn't that supposed to be in the cornbread???". He doesn't like it when I change things up on him. :D

love2b150
06-08-2010, 04:33 PM
Love2b150 Great job on your exercise!

Thank you :) I was down .6 this morning. Yay :D

jondy
06-08-2010, 05:39 PM
Yes im loving the my fitness pal myself..its soo much easier than looking up ww points and just records everything..i cant believe all the name brand things i find.

lemon water
breakfast 16oz water and a south beach protein pb bar (had to run errands)

lunch 1 ezekial roll 1 tbsp mayo lettuce 3 oz natures promise chicken breast, 1 slice alpine lace cheese, 1 slice of apple..1 medium ice coffee (split into 2 servings throughout afternoon) 2 cups almond milk (unsweetened)

dinner 2 eggs, 1ounce onion and peppers, 1tbsp garlic flavored goat cheese
1 slice ezekial toast, 1 tsp no sugar strawberry jelly 16oz water

snack (for later) 1 cup of unsweetend almond milk, 1 frozen banana 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (no sugar)

Totals 1,067 108 42 75 26
Your Daily Goal 1,200 165 40 45 24
Remaining 133 57 -2 -30 -2
Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sugar

sotypical
06-08-2010, 07:29 PM
Penguin - I love corn! I think it goes great in chili. We are not big bean fans in my house - so it makes it easy to cut down on those by adding corn. I like turkey chili too, but its just better with the beef lol.

ParadiseFalls
06-08-2010, 07:52 PM
Breakfast:
Coffee with cream and Sweet 'n' Low [200]
Medium banana [75]

Snacks:
Cascadian Farms granola bar [140]
Cheez Its 100-cal pack [100]

Lunch:
Subway veggie max, 6" on wheat [390]

Dinner:
Lean Gourmet lasagna [280]
2 slices white bread [110]
1/2 pizza crust [70]

Dessert:
Skinny cow [140]

Total: 1505

MamaP
06-08-2010, 08:27 PM
6-8-10

64+ ounces water
1 mile walk/jog, stairs to and from the parking garage at work (total of 5 flights)

Breakfast:
Green Smoothie

Lunch:
Sweet Potato
Cottage Cheese

Snack:
Apple
Mozzarella string cheese
McDonald's ice cream cone

Dinner:
Zucchini Spaghetti
SF Chocolate pudding

Approximately 1070 calories.

Diana3271
06-08-2010, 09:26 PM
Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1555 Calories

spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Handful of spinach
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Romaine Lettuce Leaves
40% Reduced fat Cape Cod Chips 100 calories
Apple pack 40 calories

Dinner (830 Calories)
Logan's Anything & Everything Salad 680 calories
Ranch dressing 150 calories (I didn't eat that much, but this will cover it)

Exercise:
The Firm Ultimate Fat Burning Workout w/fitstix

patchworkpenguin
06-08-2010, 09:38 PM
June 8

iced coffee 100

whole wheat tortilla 200 {what?! burrito sized but still!}
Chicken and Veggie stuff 150
= 350

Banana Shake
Banana 120
1/4 c greek yogurt 40
= 250

83 gm {3oz} steak 160
corn 100
sweet potato 100
= 360

ice cream 220
caramel sauce 110
walnuts 100
Reddiwhip 40
=470

Total= 1,530

Exercise,
Ped =4,500
40min cardio + abs with homemade Fitstix

Weight,
219.4 ~ up .2

Veil
06-08-2010, 11:26 PM
6-8

B- 1/2 cup rice & raisin, 1 small espresso with half & half sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg- no clue measurements

L- 3 cups greens, 1/2 tomato, 1/2 cucumber, 1/2 green pepper, handful of croutons, 3T Asian dressing, 1 sausage

S- nut thins crackers- 30? then finished my espresso from breakfast

D- buffet- salad with cucumber, egg, bacon bits and ranch, 2 pieces of fried chicken, 1 cup mashed potato and gravy, 1 small slice cinnamon pizza, 1/4 cup ice cream

exercise- rest day

ped read- 2500

weight- 230 (salt yesterday?)

Veil
06-08-2010, 11:31 PM
I need to be more social!!

Hi Everybody!
Question- Do people get mad if I don't interact? I seem to come to 3FC in the evening... when I'm getting sleepy... and then don't take the time I should in cheering on others, sorry. I need to work on that.

love2b150
06-08-2010, 11:40 PM
Good Evening Everyone

6/8/2010 :

Breakfast (294)
8oz skim milk, 1/2 grapefruit, 1 sl whole wheat toast, 1/2 sl cheese, 2 strip micro bacon, 16.9oz water, 16oz green tea

mid morning snack (160)
skinny cow ice cream sandwich

Lunch (358)
big salad with lettuce, spinach, 2 tbsp mild cheddar shredded, 1/2 sl turkey ham, 1/2 cup beets, 1/3 chopped cucumber, 1/2 tomato, 1 tbsp real bacon bits, 2 tbsp ff 1000 island, 1/2 grapefruit and 16.9oz water, 16oz green tea

~~~~~walked 25 minutes around the neighborhood

Dinner (298)
fillet fish lemon pepper, 1 cup steamed broccoli, 1/2 cup pasta, 1/2 grapefruit and a sugar free jello 16.9oz water
32oz water

~~~~~walked 1 1/2 miles around the track

TOTAL: 1107

I really want to see 190 on the scale :)

terraleigh77
06-09-2010, 05:58 AM
216.0 on the dot this morning!!! :carrot::carrot: Down .8 from yesterday! Yea I am doing my jig today lol I do not want to see that 218 again. Been staring at that number off and on for a month or more. But I'm not gonna change my ticker till I see that number tomorrow as well. That is my rule. see a new # for 3 days and take it and run ;)

Have a great day all!

Tara

Diana3271
06-09-2010, 07:39 AM
I went back to read some posts, it looks like everyone is doing great!

Veil If you have time to chat that's fine, if you don't that's fine, too. Everyone has different schedules and the amount of time they can spend online. I have problems with retaining fluid from sodium. It will be gone in a day or two. Try drinking some extra water or cranberry juice.

Love2b150 You will get to 190 in no time! :)

Tara I was so glad to hit the teens yesterday, but I am back up a little today because of TTOM symptoms. You have more patience with that ticker than I do. :D I weigh twice in the morning to confirm that morning's weight and I run with that. ;)

patchworkpenguin
06-09-2010, 09:12 AM
I need to be more social!!

Hi Everybody!
Question- Do people get mad if I don't interact? I seem to come to 3FC in the evening... when I'm getting sleepy... and then don't take the time I should in cheering on others, sorry. I need to work on that.
Not being the most social person either, especially at night, no, we don't get mad! :hug:

sotypical
06-09-2010, 09:56 AM
Veil - no need to chat if you don't want to! Planning is most important.

Yesterday ended around 1350. Not bad, I had a craving for peanut brittle so I bought a little bit in the builk section - I only ate a little bit, but man that stuff is high in calories. Thankfully after a couple bites I was done - too sweet, and bulk peanut brittle really isn't that tastey haha.

6/9

Breakfast: 285
3/4 cup froot loops (110)
1 cup skim milk (80)
coffee + half and half (95)

Snack: 209
quiche

Lunch: 305
100g broccoli (28)
3.5oz pork chop (197)
1/4 cup alfredo sauce (80)

Snack: 50
baby carrots

Dinner: 296
1.5 cups homemade chili (235)
1 slice high fibre toast (100) w/ tomato (6) and cheese (55)

Total calories: 1250

blueridgegirl
06-09-2010, 03:17 PM
Hi friends,

I've gotten away from posting as I haven't been on the computer for several days. Don't have a chance to read through all the posts but wanted to at least post my Tuesday to keep in communication.

breakfast (8:30 am): 2 slice whole wheat toast, 2 Tbsp peanut butter

was really hungry at breakfast and then felt full so didn't have a morning snack and then let myself get too hungry for lunch which was late.

lunch: (2 pm) out to eat with some friends and went to a locally owned place that has a lot of local, organic food. Had gazpacho (cold veggie soup - yum!) and a croque monsieur (grilled ham and cheese sandwich with bechamel sauce). It was at least a reasonable portion size but I'm sure high in fat. Also snagged a few of friends' potato chips even though I didn't get my own bag. Why do I let myself get too hungry like this?

afternoon snack: out with same friends and had an ice cream - picked out the one lowest in calories (250) but still higher in cals than a usual snack, and of course higher in fat and sugar. :o

dinner: quinoa and curried garden veggies (kale, cauliflower, carrots, etc). Really light dinner since I overdid it at lunch.

workout - went for a run at 8:30 at night! It was a busy day, and that was my first chance. I ran until it got too dark, about 9:15 pm.

scale today said 201 - actually not as bad as it could have been considering the sodium in my croque monsieur sandwich yesterday.

on track today! keep on keeping on! trying to just not beat myself up re yesterday's lunch and stay positive. gotta run - meeting. I'll try to catch up on past posts tomorrow.

L R K
06-09-2010, 03:19 PM
Hi All :wave:

Busy week for me! Just drops-ins :)

Here is my 6/9/2010

B - 1/3 cup oatmeal with natural peanut butter and honey + 1 boiled egg + 1 banana + 1 yoghurt

L - 1/3 cup whole wheat pasta with 1 small can tomato and onion flavoured tuna mixed in + 1 cup green beans sprinkled with a little salt

S - 1 Apple

D - Going out, probably 1/4 rotissierie chicken (white meat) + with a side salad and 1/2 baked potato

Exercise: 30 min brisk walk with the dog pending the rain

tamifc
06-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Been missing for a while but here is my food log for today:

Wednesday 09/06/10

Egg, boiled: 2
Multigrain Bread, 1 slice: 2
Sunflower Sprouts: 0

Yogurt, 1 seving: 2

White Rice, 1.5 cups: 6
Thai Chilli Eggplant w/Minced Pork: 7
Spring Roll, Fried: 4
Lemongrass Soup: 2
Salad: 0
Salad Dressing: 1

Mango: 2
Chocolate Almond Milk, 2 cups: 4

Total Daily Points: 32
Weekly Points Used: 8
Weekly Points Remaining: 27

jondy
06-09-2010, 07:07 PM
Veil dont feel bad, i do the same thing. I wait til night to post my day and im soo tired by that time. A lot of times i want to cheer someone on and by the time i get to the bottom of the page i forget who is was! ugh middle age lol..im thinking of using a pen and paper to write it down but i always forget! so to everyone on the board..i read your posts..i think your all fantatsic! im so encouraged by you and rejoice with you when your successful! now im even too darn tired to post my food..im at 1300 calories with 30 minutes of running....cheers and hugs to all!

ElanaRose
06-09-2010, 07:12 PM
Having a good day today :) Staying on plan and everything, even with the rain not allowing me to run outside: Instead I put in a half hour or so on the spin bike and a quickie mile and a tenth on the treadmill that is eighteen years old!

ParadiseFalls
06-09-2010, 08:56 PM
Creamer [200?]
String Cheese [80]
1/2 Zone Perfect bar [105]
Juice [140]
Veggie burger [250]
Cheddar cheese [130]
Smart Ones ice cream [170]
2% Velveeta shells [300]
Cheese slice [60]
Refried beans [300]
Low-carb tortilla [200]

Total: 1935 ... I had totally forgotten about the mac n cheese and juice until I started to type this up...this is my first accidentally off-plan day :(

Diana3271
06-09-2010, 09:13 PM
I had totally forgotten about the mac n cheese and juice until I started to type this up...this is my first accidentally off-plan day :(

Paradise Ha Ha Those things happen sometimes. I think we have all done it.

Diana3271
06-09-2010, 10:03 PM
Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1775 Calories

spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Handful of spinach
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Romaine Lettuce Leaves
Apple pack 40 calories

Dinner (1050 Calories)
Fried Chicken Breast 300 Calories
Pole Beans 200 calories
Mac 'n cheese 300 calories
Chocolate pudding 150 calories
Tea 100 calories

Exercise:
~TJ Cardio Party Mix 2

MamaP
06-09-2010, 10:19 PM
6-9-10

96+ ounces water
1 mile walk/jog before work; 1/2 mile walk at lunch; Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout (25 minutes, but 5 minute warm up and 5 minute cool down)

Breakfast:
Steel Cut Oats

Lunch:
Cottage Cheese
Zucchini "spaghetti" (leftovers)

Snack:
Apple
SF Chocolate Pudding
Fiber One Bar (a few hours later - low blood sugar)

Dinner:
Lettuce Salad with shredded roast beef & 10 cherry tomatoes
Dannon Light & Fit Yogurt

Approximately 1075 calories (not enough - but too late now). According to my GWF the last chance workout burned almost 300 calories. I also bought the 30 day shred.

patchworkpenguin
06-09-2010, 10:27 PM
June 9

iced coffee 100
Strawberry Banana Shake
Banana 120
strawberries 25
1/4 c greek yogurt 40
= 285

club sandwich 380
baked beans 180
= 560

PeiWei ˝ Teryaki bowl w chicken 460
3 fortune cookies 90
slice frozen pineapple pie 360
= 910

Total= 1,755

Exercise,
Ped =5,500
30min LB toning DVD
30min walking DVD

Weight,
217.2 ~ down 2.2
This is the same 2lbs I gained two days ago!

love2b150
06-09-2010, 11:34 PM
6/9/2010 :

Breakfast (305)
8oz skim milk, egg substitute w/ 1/2 cup spinach, 1/2 of a 1/3 shredded cheddar, 1 sl whole wheat toast (spray butter) 1/2 grapefruit, 16.9oz water

snack (60)
cup of grapes

Lunch (474)
1 tbsp pb, 1 tsp apple jelly, 2 sl whole wheat bread, 1 1/2 serving of baked lays, low sodium V8, 1/2 grapefruit, green tea and 16.9oz water

~~~~~15 minutes on the bike 3.5 miles

snack (250)
16 animal crackers, dry fiber one (not really sure how much I ate) just tasting it

Dinner (402) great dinner but I am quite gassy
whole wheat tortilla, 1/2 cup mashed pinto beans, 1/3 cup shredded cheddar, lettuce, tomato, 2 tbsp salsa, 1 tbsp sour cream, 1/2 grapefruit

~~~~~20 minute brisk walk around the neighborhood should have went twice, but I would have been late for church

TOTAL: 1491 a little nervous about tomorrow's weigh in. I was doing so well,

sotypical
06-09-2010, 11:48 PM
Total: 1935 ... I had totally forgotten about the mac n cheese and juice until I started to type this up...this is my first accidentally off-plan day :(

It happens! You are doing so well, I am so happy to see you losing. And honstly, 1900 in a day isn't even that high for your weight still. Even for me, a high day is 1900-2000. But I haven't been losing that well, so take what I say as a grain of salt!

terraleigh77
06-10-2010, 06:09 AM
Still sitting at a happy 216 :) Today is the last day of school. Gym work outs will move to the evenings cause the kids get bored when I take them. So plan to do either my 30 min treadmill work out or 30 min total gym in the morning. Then at night get my circuit training in. Last summer I fell off the wagon so to speak and gained back 10 pounds. Not gonna do that this summer. I plan to hang on to the wagon with all I got ;)

Tara

ElanaRose
06-10-2010, 06:35 AM
Woke up this morning at 134.8! I'm gonna wait another day or two to let it become a solid number before I move my ticker :) Or I'll just move it today so I see my own progress... :cheer2:

patchworkpenguin
06-10-2010, 08:46 AM
I forgot to post this. I bought a shirt last night. It was a 1X, and not the 2X I have been buying forever. I even have to take it in a little around the arm holes/bust because its a little droopy; its sleeveless and my bra shows though the armhole. Tacky. My pants size went down a while back but it didn't occur to me that I could try a lower sized shirt.

I also measured this morning our of curiosity and while nothing has changed recently above my waist {I'm an apple} I lost .5 at my calf and .5 at my thigh; for a total of 2" on my thigh and 1" on my calf, and 3" around my saddlebag's since Nov '09.

Diana3271
06-10-2010, 08:57 AM
I forgot to post this. I bought a shirt last night. It was a 1X, and not the 2X I have been buying forever. I even have to take it in a little around the arm holes/bust because its a little droopy; its sleeveless and my bra shows though the armhole. Tacky. My pants size went down a while back but it didn't occur to me that I could try a lower sized shirt.

I also measured this morning our of curiosity and while nothing has changed recently above my waist {I'm an apple} I lost .5 at my calf and .5 at my thigh; for a total of 2" on my thigh and 1" on my calf, and 3" around my saddlebag's since Nov '09.

Penguin Great job on the progress!

patchworkpenguin
06-10-2010, 09:01 AM
Thank you, I'm trying hard for an encore. :encore:

blueridgegirl
06-10-2010, 10:12 AM
Penguin - congrats on the smaller shirt size and the lost inches. :hug: Amazing how these bodies of ours can change their shapes. I totally know what you mean about the bra showing through the arm hole - ugh.

Elana - congrats on the loss - that's excellent! I can only dream of numbers like that...

Tara - congrats on maintaining your 216 and staying on the wagon

MamaP - have you tried the 30 day shred yet? I have it and have done it quite a few times. It's intense - a great way to get a hard workout in when you don't have a lot of time.

My Wednesday:

breakfast: 2 whole wheat waffles (180), 2 Tbsp almond butter (150), berries (40), coffee with splash of milk (20). = 390

snack: lara bar (I love these things - like granola bars but all natural ingredients like figs, dried fruits, walnuts, etc. too expensive to make an everyday thing but I'll definitely check for them on sale) = 240

lunch: stir-fried Chinese cabbage, carrots, broccoli, onion (yep, what is in the garden) over rice cooked with a few almonds. = 400 (?)

snack: 1 serving low fat triscuits with red pepper hummus = 200 (?)

dinner: 2 slices quiche with cauliflower and kale, homemade quinoa crust (an interesting experiment...I liked it). Caramel popcorn for dessert - a friend from work was sharing one of those big metal tubs with popcorn and it could have been a pretty big disaster but I put three handfuls into a bowl and ate it sitting down instead of chowing out of the tin which felt like something of a victory. :idea: I'm guessing total cals something like 550

calorie total (estimate): 1780. A good day which is something to be thankful for.

exercise: jogged to the gym (about a mile) and then worked out there (boxing, lifting, assisted pull-ups, BOSU stuff, stability ball stuff - a mix for about 40 minutes) and then walked home the long way.

scale this morning said 199.5
Always happy to have that one make an appearance again. Hoping I can stay consistently in the '1's for the rest of the week. Endocrinologist appt next Tues and I want to impress my doc!

patchworkpenguin
06-10-2010, 11:58 AM
BlueRidge, I'm sure you will impress your doc. I would love to be able to do assisted Pull-ups, but the closest I can come is kneeling on the stab ball in the doorway that has my Iron Gym. That kinda works, and the added fear of the ball rolling out from under me is fun. Not!

MamaP
06-10-2010, 12:22 PM
BlueRidge ~ I just got the 30 day shred video last night (I also got the Last Chance Workout DVD - which I did last night). I was gonna try it this morning, but my blood sugar bottomed out about 5 am this morning (was a 44) and that just totally kicked my butt. Once I got it up to a safe number I ended up back in bed for 2 more hours. By the time I got up I was 30 minutes late getting out the door for work. Tonight I'm gonna try it. I thought about waiting until Monday to try it because I'm afraid of how sore it will make me and I'm heading to my sister's house tomorrow to help with a big city-wide garage sale ~ but I don't think I'm gonna wait.

fashinjunkie09
06-10-2010, 01:42 PM
Hi everyone! :wave: I have been really busy lately and not able to post much but I've read back over everyone's posts and it looks like you are all doing great!! I've been pretty OP for the last week and lost .8 but I know I can do better. It's time to buckle down and start planning/recording again! So here's my today:

6/10/2010 Check-in:

Breakfast (288.5)
3 slices whole grain low cal bread- 135
1 1/2 tbsp light veggie oil "butter"- 75
1 1/2 tsp sugar- 22.5
1 tsp cinnamon- 6
small cup of coffee w/ 2 tbsp ff Coffee Mate cinnamon creamer- 50

Lunch (420)
1 lean grilled turkey patty- 160
1 slice 2% American cheese- 45
1 whole wheat bun- 110
2 tbsp BBQ sauce- 60
sliced red onion- 5
broccoli cheese tray for 1- 40
H2O- 0

Snack PM (170)
1.7 oz baby carrots- 20
2 tbsp chipotle hummus- 70
light & fit strawberry banana yogurt- 80
H2O- 0

Dinner (585)
smartones lasagna- 300
1/2 extra fiber English muffin toasted w/ 1/2 tbsp light veggie oil garlic "butter" and 1 tsp parm- 100
salad w/ 2 oz fresh mozzarella, 1/2 tomato, and 1/2 tbsp pesto- 185
H2O- 0

= apprx 1,463.5 calories

sotypical
06-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Late to the party today because I had a road test this morning. AND I PASSED! No more stupid Novice Driver sign on the back on my car. And finally finished the 3 year driving process. It feels so good.

Breakfast:
whole grain toast w/ fried egg
raspberries
coffee w/ half and half

Snack:
yogurt
5 baby carrots

Lunch:
6" cold cut combo sub

Snack:
1/2 cup trail mix (lots of calories, but so good)

Dinner:
1.5 cups homemade chilli

Total calories: 1430

patchworkpenguin
06-10-2010, 04:19 PM
SoTypical, Congratulations. A sign and three year process. We need that for our teens around here.

sotypical
06-10-2010, 04:57 PM
Penguin - I am sure it helps people be safer. But it's not just for teens (I am not one, lol), for everyone if they don't have a license or if you move here from another country.

Veil
06-10-2010, 07:28 PM
6-9

B- 1 1/2 pasta, 1/4c sauce, sprinkle parm cheese

L- 3c greens, 1/2 tomato, 1/2 cucumber, 1/2 green pepper, handful croutons, 1 sausage, 3T Asian dressing

S- 1 cup Kashi cold cereal, 1 cup blended strawberry 1/2 cup yogurt

D- 1 1/2 ribs, 1 sausage, 1 1/2 small potato, 2 cups green beans

S- 3 mini ginger snaps

Exercise- stretches, sit ups, push ups, ran 6 minute intervals-- YA WOO!!

ped read- 7000

ParadiseFalls
06-10-2010, 07:56 PM
sotypical, Wow everyone who moves to Canada has a 'novice driver' sign for three years?! That's intense!

Breakfast:
Atkins meal shake [160]

Snack:
Popcorn [225]

Lunch:
Coffee [160]
Fruit mix [140]

Dinner:
2 soft bean tacos [41150]
SmartOnes cookie cup [170]

Total: 1305

Serbrider
06-10-2010, 09:10 PM
Was intending to work out today (probably will do some basic crunches and pushups a little later, after food settles), but since I was at my grandparents' house from 11 AM to 6 PM... and then I was cooking dinner... and now it's 8 PM... didn't exactly have any time to do so.

But... here's my food (so far... might have a piece of fruit or something a little later...):

Breakfast
The rest of my smoothie - 250 (I calculated it all out... and this is the high average of what I had)
Total - 250 (I was running out the door... woke up late (10:30 AM))

Lunch
Meatloaf - 345
Corn on the Cob - 60
Total - 405

Dinner
Apricot Chicken - 225
Vegetable Salad (had a TON of stuff in it) - 75
Total - 300

Snacks
2 cans Diet Coke - 0 (technically)
25 Sweet Cherries - 105
Total - 105

Total for the Day - 1060

URGH... still too little. But... I feel very full. >.< Why is it that either I eat WAY too much... or I eat WAY too little?

Diana3271
06-10-2010, 09:38 PM
Hi Everyone!

Serbrider I find it interesting the times I am low on calories but I feel full and satisified. How does that happen? Maybe we ate exactly what our body needed for that day.

Total Approx 1905 Calories

I can't believe I ate those chips today. It's TTOM. I guess that messed up my thinking. The chips were DH's. They were an open bag. I don't have problems with sealed bags or little bags, but a big open bag calls my name. Does anyone want to take a guess as to how much the sodium from the chips will effect the scale tomorrow? :o

spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Handful of spinach
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Romaine Lettuce Leaves
Apple pack 40 calories

Snack - PMS That should explain everything :devil:
4 Servings Chips @150 cal per serving = 600 calories

Dinner: 580 Calories
Cracker Barrel Grilled roast beef 280 calories
Green Beans 100 calories
2 Orders Turnip Greens 200 calories

Exercise:
~The Firm Cardio Sculpt Blaster w/Fitstix
~Cardio & Core Dance Blast w/Fitstix
~Exercise TV Quick & Incredible Abs

ParadiseFalls
06-10-2010, 10:29 PM
patchworkpenguin, I've been meaning to tell you the line in your signature about typing with your beak always makes me chuckle :D

patchworkpenguin
06-10-2010, 11:08 PM
patchworkpenguin, I've been meaning to tell you the line in your signature about typing with your beak always makes me chuckle :D

I'm glad you think its funny! I got the idea from my exercise forum; someone else had 'on the internet no one knows you are a dog" which I think was a Far Side cartoon. I tend to put a penguin twist on everything. :dizzy:

patchworkpenguin
06-10-2010, 11:13 PM
June 10

iced coffee 100
Mocha Strawberry Banana Shake
Banana 120
strawberries 25
1/4 c greek yogurt 40
= 375

tortilla 200
2 slices cheese 140
taco stuffing 170
1 ˝ c carrots 105
= 615

chicken breast 250
1 c corn + 1 c peas 200
slice frozen pineapple pie 360
= 810

˝ Arby’s Sand 160
˝ fries 170
square fudge 140
= 470

Total = 2,270
I don’t know if its because Thursdays are usually my high-cal day, its TOM, or because I did so much exercise today but I was starving even after a normal dinner.

Exercise,
Ped = 5,960 {I like ending on a cute number}
35min UB + Ab toning DVD
15 min cardio DVD which I didn’t like
45min walking DVD which I did like

Weight,
217.8 ~ up .6

Diana, I'm glad I'm not the only one that overshot my cals.;)

Veil
06-11-2010, 12:22 AM
6-10

Today was a day filled with STRESS and coffee...

B- 3 eggs with a sprinkle of dill and cheddar, medium coffee, 3 cream, 3 sugar, 1t apple pie spice

L- still sippin on that coffee... 1 cooked cold leftover potato from last night-- grabbed it as I ran out the door to do errands.

S- 3 shot espresso with half and half, sugar and cin and nutmeg.... probably 500 calories easy... hey, Im lucky I didn't go binge and eat Burger Kings entire menu!! Damn this stressful day...

D- Foot long veggie sub at Subway, bag of cheetos, 1/2 a diet Coke

exercise- stretches, sit ups, push ups, yoga, weights

RAN my best ever tonight. 3, 6 minute intervals. whew, that's where my stress was released!!

ped read- 7000

weight- 229

terraleigh77
06-11-2010, 06:45 AM
217.0 this morning, but I had some thin crust pizza last night and stayed up too late only to be woke up at my normal 6 am by my lovely Lilly the wiener dog who had to potty lol. So I think it is a mix of sodium from the pizza and a not so good nights sleep.

Tara

Diana3271
06-11-2010, 07:00 AM
I don’t know if its because Thursdays are usually my high-cal day, its TOM, or because I did so much exercise today but I was starving even after a normal dinner.

Diana, I'm glad I'm not the only one that overshot my cals.;)

Penguin I'm all for blaming TTOM. ;) So, being partners in crime is a good thing? :D ;)

Diana3271
06-11-2010, 07:01 AM
Have a Great, On Plan Weekend, Everyone! :dance:

patchworkpenguin
06-11-2010, 09:01 AM
Penguin I'm all for blaming TTOM. ;) So, being partners in crime is a good thing? :D ;)

Always happy to be Twinkies with you! :hug:

Why does everything I say relate to food? :?:

blueridgegirl
06-11-2010, 09:44 AM
Serbrider - There are days when we have more and days when we have less of an appetite. I call these 'bottomless pit days' (hungry no matter what I eat) and 'just not hungry days.' It was definitely too low calorie of a day for you but one of those every once in a while probably isn't a problem. I'm guessing it will balance out over the week as you'll have other days when you'll go over by a few hundred calories. It's called calorie cycling if you do it purposefully, and I think it just reflects the reality of our bodies and our lives.

Veil - sorry to hear about your stressful day. Coffee is my 'medicine' for stress, too.:hug: And congrats on the intervals - I love running intervals, too, they make be feel like a hard-core jock :woops:

sotypical - congrats on the license

My Thursday:

breakfast: leftover quinoa, blueberries, 3 chopped up prunes, cinnamon, walnuts and a splash of milk. homemade whole grain hot cereal. mmmm.

snack: Lara bar (love it)

lunch: Chinese cabbage stuffed with broccoli greens, rice and cheese, and a salad. Heavy on the veggies - it's what is coming out of the garden.

snack: 1 piece whole wheat bread with hummus, iced coffee with milk, no sweetener.

dinner: 1 slice leftover quiche, 1 slice leftover mozzarella and basil pizza. About 8 water crackers with cheese on top and small fruit salad (apple, grapes, mango, melon) for dessert.

no exercise except for just daily movement - a planned rest day since I lifted on Wednesday night

scale today: 202 (stupid fluctuations! I know I didn't gain 3 pounds in one day)

non-scale victory: wore 'new' pants (new to me, from thrift store) that are Columbia brand size MEDIUM! A little tight in thighs and waist, but not uncomfortably so, and I wore a longer shirt. I mean, they would still work even if I lost 20 pounds, would just fit differently. Super comfy and cute - when I first bought them they left a red mark on my waist from being to tight, but didn't at all yesterday. OMG - a size medium adult women's pants. Is that even possible? :carrot:

looking ahead to the weekend - no parties or meals out or anything like that planned. Looking forward to a good, on plan weekend and wishing you all the same!

patchworkpenguin
06-11-2010, 09:49 AM
BlueRidge congratulations on those pants. WTG

fashinjunkie09
06-11-2010, 09:57 AM
Courtnie, congrats on passing your driving test!!

serbrider, well if you are feeling satisfied on few calories I'd say it's ok every once in a while. Plus, if you tend to have some high calorie days it will end up evening out anyway. ;)

Patchwork, I am always ravenous during my TOM too. And of course, I do not crave large amounts of healthy food. ;)

blue, way to go on the pants! And I must say your menu sounds fresh and delicious!

POP yesterday and planning on it today as well. We usually go eat Mexican on Friday nights, but aren't going tonight due to family issues so I'm not sure what I'll be eating yet but I know it'll be OP! I hope you are all having a great Friday! :D

6/11/2010 Check-in:

Breakfast (335)
2 pkts strawberries 'n cream instant oatmeal made w/ water- 260
H2O- 0

Lunch (370)
Lean Cuisine orange chicken w/ rice and edemame- 290
light & fit strawberry banana yogurt- 80
H2O- 0

Snack PM (175)
3 oz baby carrots- 35
4 tbsp chipotle hummus- 140
H2O- 0

Dinner (apprx 550 left)
TBD

patchworkpenguin
06-11-2010, 10:25 AM
POP yesterday and planning on it today as well. I'm drawing a blank on what POP means??

I'm not good with acronyms. :o

chnkymonkey
06-11-2010, 10:44 AM
Hi Everyone. As one of the resident newbies, this is my first post to the thread. I've made a re-affirmation this week and joined the group. I started Monday at 152lbs, As of Friday morning I'm 147. (Always love that first week woosh!)

I am not a food logger. I've tried several times over the years but it just is not my thing. My meals aren't my downfall, my snacking is. So, to lose weight the first thing I do is cut back on the snacking and eating out. This week has been successful (obviously)

I am 3 days chocolate free. That is probably my number 1 weakness for snacking at work. But so far, so good.

Exercise:
As of this morning I started working out with 2 other woman 3x per week. (M-W-F) they other 2 are trainign for a triathalon, so today was a 4 mile run plus pushups and situps. I didn't run fast. Actually kept pace with one of the women, who really needs the extra push to go harder and for me, I used it as a chance to work on pace and breathing.

Depending on how I feel tonight, I might go on the bike ride that I did M-W this week as well. Tonight would be a great night to go ride along the waterfront.

Diana3271
06-11-2010, 10:47 AM
Why does everything I say relate to food? :?:

That's why we are having to "work" on this healthy lifestyle thing, LOL. ;)

Last night DH asked me "What are we going to have for dinner tomorrow night?" I was thinking "Huh? We just ate dinner, we still have tomorrow's breakfast and lunch to go and you are already worried about tomorrow's dinner" No wonder I'm fat! :D It's all about food. I don't think other people think about food that much. :o

patchworkpenguin
06-11-2010, 11:06 AM
It's all about food. I don't think other people think about food that much. :o I used to, but I think that 'healthy lifestyle change' is helping with that. Go, Me! Progress. :D

Monkey, Welcome to the thread!

Diana3271
06-11-2010, 11:09 AM
chnkymonkey Hi and Welcome! :wave:

sotypical
06-11-2010, 11:44 AM
Yesterday morning the scale was down! woo! And then yesterday I ate way too much, 2200ish and now it's back up, LOL. I have a pretty good planned today though, minus the trip my boyfriend and I have planned to the new cupcake store in town.

6/11

Breakfast: 103
nectarine
raspberries
coffee w/ half and half

Snack: 265
coffee w/ milk
egg pie

Lunch: 251
homemade chili on top of lettuce

Snack: 310
cupcake

Dinner: 392
turkey burger (no bun)
green beans
yam

Total calories: 1300ish - not totally sure on cupcake calories, estimating 310.

fashinjunkie09
06-11-2010, 11:47 AM
Welcome chnkymonkey!!

Penguin, POP= perfectly on plan. I only use the term when I can honestly say I did not put anything in my mouth that wasn't 100% planned and accounted for (which doesn't happen often lately) :D

jendiet
06-11-2010, 02:38 PM
ok, i have been having female issues, and seems like i just stay bloated...but my weight came down. I am not even really trying..just avoiding food that is garbage. lots of fruit and veggies, and nuts. almost all carbs are complex.

went from 187.8 5/11 to 184.4 6/11. i lose weight very slowly...but i have lots more definition and look better.

blueridgegirl
06-11-2010, 02:44 PM
A colleague of mine came up to me today and said, "you look so good! you look thin! I really like your shape the way it is now." :carrot: I'm wearing a fitted skirt and a fitted shirt that does show my weight loss.

always nice when someone notices! she was genuine and friendly, and she's overweight, too, so it felt like a comfortable conversation. I said thanks and that I was trying to figure out how much more I wanted to lose. She said, "oh, not too much more - you don't want to get too skinny!"

Between this and my medium pants, my weekend is off to a good start!

jendiet
06-11-2010, 02:52 PM
6/11/10 FOOD

Breakfast shake
carton milk
10 prunes
1/4 cup fruits and nuts
2 pcs watermelon
RRL/spearmint green tea
10 pcs dark chocolate chips
10 whole wheat crackers
6 slices turkey
2 slices cheese
spinach
avocado/mayo
15 Fritos (SO totally tempted me)
mini bag popcorn
8 almonds

Diana3271
06-11-2010, 03:04 PM
Jen You are doing great! Sorry about the "female" issues. I totally understand about the bloated feeling. :(

Blueridge That was a great compliment! Enjoy your weekend! Your weekend is off to a nice start! ;)

ElanaRose
06-11-2010, 03:09 PM
I had a good day so far :) I have a friend's birthday later, so I need to be careful! I also would request from my fellow Chickies a guesstimate on the calorie amounts on my lunch, which was a salad.

1.5-2 oz. Grilled Chicken
Romaine Lettuce, probably 7 big or 10 medium leaves
Red Wine Vinegar
Parmesan cheese, but probably only two tablespoons.

My mom said about 200 calories.

love2b150
06-11-2010, 05:38 PM
Hello Everyone, I'm a day behind, yesterday was a little interesting I didn't get to eat until 8 :( and then I had to do my evening walk. I am so proud of myself though, I am still pretty much OP. But when I eat late I feel bad and if I think I'm not going to be able to do my evening walk I get a little nervous. I would love to be able to set my snack time at the same time every day. So that maybe instead of me eating a snack and it never being enough I can somehow psych myself out to think differently ... sorry not snacking is driving me crazy. Today has been interesting so far. I had 1 small apple, 1 honey wheat pretzel stick, 2 baked lays, and I just made a snack with a sandwich thin, 1 pack of equal w/cinnamon (my son ate half), then I drank a glass of green tea and water. Oh I forgot about the 100cal Klondike bar. Sorry about the rambling, thanks for listening ... OK here is what I ate yesterday

6/10/10
Breakfast (294)
8oz skim milk, egg substitute w/ 1/2 sl cheese, 2 strips micro bacon, 1 sl whole wheat toast (spray butter) 1/2 grapefruit, 16.9oz water

snack (150)
3/4 cup Kashi cereal, rice cake

Lunch (384)
L/C mac n cheese, 1/2 grapefruit, green tea and 16.9oz water

~~~~~no exercise, did have time to think about a snack either (love it)

Dinner (402)
L/C three cheese pasta, 8oz V8 fusion

~~~~~1 1/4 around the track, 16.9oz water x2, green tea

10 grapes when I got back

TOTAL: 1263

love2b150
06-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Hi again, just can back from my walk ... feeling pretty good

6/11/10

Breakfast (294)
8oz skim milk, egg substitute w/ 1/2 sl cheese, 2 strips micro bacon, 1 sl whole wheat toast (spray butter) 1/2 grapefruit, 16.9oz water

snack (160)
6 baked lays, banana

Lunch 245)
whole wheat tortilla, tbsp lt mayo, 1 pk lt tuna, lettuce, cup of grapes, 6 baby carrots

~~~~~no exercise

Snack (200)
small apple, Klondike bar, cinn/equal snack, 2 baked lays, 1 honey wheat pretzel

Dinner (337)
Michelina"s chicken Alfredo florentine, 8oz V8, 1/2 grapefruit, green tea

~~~~~1 1/4 around the track, 33.8oz fit & active water

TOTAL: 1236

Serbrider
06-11-2010, 08:30 PM
Here's today... I think I did better on the "eating enough"... so far at least.

Breakfast
8 oz of Tropicana Orange Juice - 110
5 medium strawberries - 20
1 large banana - 120
Total - 250

Lunch
Salad (mixed items) - 150
2 tbsp Lite Italian Dressing - 50
Total - 200

Dinner (I have to eat what dear momma makes... ;) )
Taco Soup - 600 (approx)
20 saltine crackers (this was both snack and part of the meal) - 240
Total - 840

Snacks
1 serving Butterscotch Jello Pudding (the sugar & fat free stuff) - 90
1 large banana - 120
Total - 210

Total for the Day - 1500

Might have my mango after I go for my run... not quite sure yet. :) I'm leaving for my run in just a few minutes... so yeah. :D

ParadiseFalls
06-11-2010, 09:00 PM
Blueridge, congrats on the pants!! :cb:

Breakfast:
Iced coffee [200]
String cheese [60]

Lunch:
Pure Protein meal bar [300]

Dinner:
Veggie burger on thin bun [300]
Velveeta 2% shells, 1.5 cups [500] (WOW...that is insane...I used to eat twice that at a meal]

Dessert:
Skinny cow and fruit with light whip [300]

Total: 1660. 130 more than my fitness pal goal. :( Back on track tomorrow.

EDIT: I broke down and had about 500 calories of beans and tortilla...oops

New total: 2160 :o

Diana3271
06-11-2010, 09:48 PM
Elana
2 ounces grilled chicken is about = 60 calories
2 tablespoons parmesan is about = 40 calories
the lettuce is about 5 cal per leaf = 50 calories

I think it was about 150 calories, no more than 200. Mom was right. :D

jendiet
06-11-2010, 09:48 PM
Calorie Check: 1730. not bad for not counting calories. I ate a bit more carbs today then normal, the crackers and the fritos.

Diana3271
06-11-2010, 09:56 PM
Hi Everyone! I hope you have a great weekend!

Total Approx 1700 Calories

spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Handful of spinach
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch (340 calories)
Chick-fil-a Chargrilled chicken sandwich 300 calories
Apple snack pack 40 calories

Dinner (995 calories)
Grilled chicken breast 400 calories
Swiss cheese 220 calories
Smoked Ham 100 calories
Broccoli 100 calories
1/2 salad w/honey mustard 175 calories

Exercise:
~Turbo Kick Round 32

patchworkpenguin
06-11-2010, 10:56 PM
June 11

iced coffee 100
Banana 120
=220

beef quesodilla appetizer 300
˝ slice foccocia w smear of butter 120
= 420

30 Danish Wedding cookies 990

2 slices turkey 30
1 slice cheese 70

Total = 1,730

Exercise,
Ped =4,600
40min ballet/pilates/yoga fusion DVD

Weight,
217.6 ~ down .2

I've been thinking about my cookie binge. My parents took me out to lunch today as they do each week, so we can catch up and I can get out of the house. I knew where we were going and while not my favorite resturant I was looking forward to going; I looked up the menu online and had some idea of what to order, but when we got there my chosen items weren't on the menu, so I ordered the quesodillas. I was very disappointed in them, they had very little filling and while they had a good taste it was like eating two tortillas with a smear of filling in the middle. So I've been thinking that since I was disappointed with my meal, if felt unsatisfied so binged on the cookies. Either that or it was TOM! Either way I wasn't happy with myself after it was all over, but I decided to get right back OP, and move on. I skipped dinner since I wasn't hungry but exercised around 8pm and ate my turkey and cheese afterwards.

Elana, Mom's usually are right.

BlueRidge, always nice to have out accomplishments acknowlaged. :D

Fashin, thanks for the clarification.

jendiet
06-11-2010, 11:03 PM
woohoo! Did a dance/kickboxing stretching routine---and I am covered in sweat...forgot HOW GOOD that felt!

1 hr.

for those who don't know. I have a rebounder with a perfect pull up bar above it...makes for fun moves.

Veil
06-12-2010, 12:27 AM
Hi everybody!

6-11

on the road

B- 3 eggs (whites) coffee

L- 1 tomato, 1 oz feta cheese, fresh basil, fresh parsley, 1/2 potato, few bites green beans

S- 1/4 cup pineapple juice, 4 handfuls almonds, 1 handful dried cranberries

D- 1 black bean burger, 1/4 cup slaw, bites of sweet potato fries, potato fries, and onion fries

S- half a brownie with 1/4 cup ice cream

no exercise

pants didnt have pockets, so no ped read today

jendiet
06-12-2010, 08:58 PM
breakfast shake:
6 whole wheat crackers
2 pcs cheese
4 pcs turkey
RRL tea
8 almonds
2 tbsp shredded coconut
10 pcs dark chocolate
1/4 cup watermelon
1 orange
1 cup low sodium v8
1 Great Value single serve pizzza 390cs.
8 prunes
3 dried apricots

Diana3271
06-12-2010, 10:16 PM
Hi Everyone! I hope you are having a great weekend!

Total Approx 2065 Calories (It seems like I guestimated some of my calories, too high, but I don't know.) I need to work on getting my calories back down.

spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Handful of spinach
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch (250 calories)
Grilled Steak soft taco 250 calories

Dinner (1450 calories)
Salad w/dressing 300 calories (this seems high)
Rotisserie Chicken 1/2 breast 300 calories (this seems high)
Uncle Bens Long Grain and Wild Rice 250 calories
Steamed veggies 200 calories
Pepperidge Farm Petite Cake slice 300 calories
Sweet tea 100 calories

Exercise:
3 Mile Mall Walk

Serbrider
06-12-2010, 10:27 PM
Had an awesome day... despite having an ACT in the morning. ;) I went and bought some shoes... running shoes... and some Sketchers Shape Ups knock-offs. And..... I love them. :D

So yeah... here's my daily count (might have my mango later... might not... depends on whether or not I watch a movie with my lil' bro):

Breakfast
1 Banana - 120
1 Serving of Jello Butterscotch Pudding - 90
McDonalds Iced Caramel Latte Medium - 180
Total - 390

Lunch
Owens Sausage and Whole Wheat Bread Toast Sandwhich - 370
6 Strawberries - 24
Total - 384

Dinner
Chicken Fajita Meat & Peppers (1 serving total, calculated exact amounts) - 130
Ranch Style Beans - 105
Total - 235

Snacks
1 Honeydew Ham thingiemabober - 10
3 Cheddar Cheese Cubes - 60
Chocolate Truffle Thingies - 210
Fruit Arrangement - 20 (approx)
Carrot Muffin - 130
6 Whoppers Malted Milk Balls - 62
Total - 492

Total for the Day - 1501

I think I'm starting to get it. Even if the things I had for my snacks weren't the best. ;)

Veil
06-12-2010, 10:59 PM
6-12

B- scrambled eggs, bacon, oatmeal, brown sugar, raisins, walnuts, coffee, half & half, sugar

L- Maki Rolls: spicy tuna, crunchy shrimp, salmon. diet coke, edamame

S- Three mini chocolates, 1/2 cup raspberries, tea

D- Bowl salad, 1 slice pizza, 1/4 veg lasagna, 2 diet cokes, 1/3 of a brownie /ice cream dessert

ped read- 12,000 YAA WOO!!!

exercise- walked/ran in the morning on the treadmill at the hotel, stretches, sit ups, push ups

I wish I knew my weight.... some hotels have a scale in their exercise room, some don't.... would I even trust it if I had one here? lol

maryea
06-12-2010, 11:17 PM
Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum and late in the month but hope it's ok to jump in here. I like the idea of being accountable for my eating and exercise. I am trying to stay to no more than 1500 calories and prefer to stay to no more than 1400.

06/12/10
Breakfast
2 slices bacon
1 egg scrambled
1 yogurt (sm) with 1 T granola
1/4 cup cubed cantaloupe

AM Snack
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/2 pear
1 T. slivered almonds

Lunch
Salad made with 2 1/2 cups lettuce, 5 oz canned chicken, 1 T. feta cheese and 2 T. light ranch dressing.

PM Snack
1/2 cup cantaloupe
2 oz canned chicken

Dinner
1/2 serving of chicken broccoli stir-fry (didn't like)
1/3 cup brown rice
1 serving mocha beverage (made with sugar-free Carnation Inst. breakfast and soy milk)

Eve Snack
1 cup FF milk

Total calories 1299

ETA: only did a few minutes of exercise
ETA (again) my dh tempted me with 3 little pieces of chocolate which put me up to 1419 calories. Still good.