Chicks up for a Challenge - W.O.W. Independence from Fat Challenge~WEEK 1 *JOIN US*

jcatron243
05-31-2010, 12:46 PM
This is Week 1 of our new challenge!!! Independence Day Challenge (now through July 4th). It is so Hard to stay true to a healthy diet during the summer months~BBQ's, Weddings, Camping, Vacations. . .You name it. Let's make this next Month full of the healthiest choices available.!!!!

For any newbies, the traditional copy and paste:

Women on... WHAT??

Okay, let me explain that "Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During previous challenges, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since. We use the word "WEED" as a mnemonic device to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

If you join this challenge, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.

Well here it is! Jump right in, tell us about yourselves, your goals, your home lives, your healthy plan, etc. We LOVE newbies! And we LOVE our regulars! Welcome back

jcatron243
05-31-2010, 12:52 PM
Hi I'm Jeni. I'm a wife and mother, plus I work full time outside of the home. My schedule is crazy but I try to make myself a priority at least 35 minutes a day.

W~I drink 64-100 oz of water per day. It depends on my workouts.

E~I'm a runner. My normal workout on my off days is 50 minutes of cardio~10minutes of weights~ 15 minutes Abs. On my on days I am trying to get back into 30 minutes of cardio after work and 15 minute abs. but I have a crazy schedule like I said so I am just starting to get back to it.

E I've gotten really lazy about my food lately and it has given me 5-8 extra pounds that were gone in Feb. So my goal for this challenge is to focus on foods and making the best choices.

D Normally my daily goal/affirmation is focused on housework, or making it through rough days at work. Through this next month I am going to focus on food choices.

jcatron243
06-01-2010, 06:22 AM
Yesterday started out rough. We had to run back to the car dealership to sign more papers. They were able to get us better terms on our loan :)

Today will be great! I work so food wont be to much of an issue.

W 64 oz
E 15 minutes abs, walk around the plant~15 min ~try for a run after Tommy's swim lesson
E keep it clean
D~watch my food.

mothermavis
06-01-2010, 07:15 AM
Hey all. I am Mavis, 43 (44 next week!) Mother of 2 college students, married, with 2 jobs and 2 dogs incl a brand new puppy! I was down to the high 140's last April and have fallen off the wagon since

W- I aim for 100 a day but like everything else, I've gotten lazy. One of my goals this challenge will be to refocus on all the little things.

E-I hate it, but it has to get done! I just joined the Y, aiming for 3 days a week there, with 6 days a week of exercise, hoping to run outside the other 3. Redoing C25K to up my speed. Also reviving the MMunches

E I can agree with Jeni - I've also been really lazy about my food lately so I need to plan and track my food

D I have depression issues, so my daily goal is usually just trying to get thru the day!

mothermavis
06-01-2010, 07:17 AM
W 100
E Crunching before my shower, stairs at work? gotten away from these little things that help, so perhaps...also walk at lunch and Y after work!!
E Need to see what's here
D One foot in front of the other. I can do this!

MamaP
06-01-2010, 09:41 AM
I'm Kris. 45 years old, mother of two, grandmother "Ma" of 2 (and one more coming in 2 weeks). I joined 3FC on February 25, 2010 ~ the same day I decided to take control of my life. To date I'm down 28 lbs (52 from my highest weight of a few years ago). I love these challenges (and the 5 lb challenges) as they break things down into smaller, more reasonable goals.

I am still not getting my exercise in like I should. I am active and moving and doing things, but not specifically exercising. I need to re-focus on that. I am also struggling with my food - I'm getting tired of planning and really struggling with not eating what's easy (while staying within my calorie limit ~ if not too low).

My goal for this challenge is to reach 216.5 (40 lbs. lost) by the 4th of July. I know that is an ambitious goal, but I'm gonna try. If I don't quite make it, I won't beat myself up because I know that the 4th is less than 5 weeks away.

Week 1: 228.4

W: At least 64 ounces of water
E: Minimum of 30 minutes 5 days a week ~
E: Calories within 1600-1700 ~ do a better job of planning and getting in some variety
D: ????? I finally got a bunch of work done in my craft room, so I need to continue working on organizing, cleaning and purging things in my basement/craft room so that I can start enjoying the space.

I bought myself another new dress yesterday ~ it's still a little snug (especially in the arms), but not for long. It's a size XL in Misses. Gotta love Target clearance. I also bought a couple of other dresses that will hopefully fit by the fall (one's orange and one's brown).

Momto6inOH
06-01-2010, 09:59 AM
Hello. I'm in! I had great success with the first challenge of the new year but have stayed pretty much status quo since then. Changing things up a bit this time - adding in a lot more fruits & veggies into my diet, including green smoothies. Some family members who visited over weekend inspired me to eat more raw foods. I've always loved fruits & veggies so I think this will be a great thing for me and give me a lot more energy. I'll still eat lean meats in moderation and replace the sugary sweets with mostly fruits.

That's the plan - along with doing my WEED! Jeanette

W: 64 oz.
E: 30 minutes elliptical
E: Around 1200 calories, mostly fruits & veggies
D: Finish my bedroom spring clean tonight after work

Passionista
06-01-2010, 10:27 AM
I love this idea!

W - Water intake.

80 ounces a day. All other liquids will be caffeine free teas, sparking water and the occasional soy milk, Sobe Life Water or Vitamin Water Zero.

E - Exercise.

30 minutes a day minimum. Period! I will do aqua aerobics 3 times a week minimum. I have a dance class coming up later this month that will be 1 hour and 50 minutes a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I *will* be consistent with this!

E - Eats.

Plant-based, lots of vegetables, lentils, beans, a healthy smoothie a day, high fiber, whole foods way of eating!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation.

I will focus on the positive and work with a daily goal of staying on plan and challenging myself as well as having a positive affirmation!

So, in the approximately 5 weeks from now until then, I will shoot for 10 pounds lost. I *know* that is realistic and sensible and if I lose more GREAT!!! ;)

Nixmom
06-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Hey chicks!

I'm back in. My mental health hiatus is over. I am back to work hard with ya since July 4th is my birthday. Wanna peel off at least 10lbs by then! However, I am currently on vacation in Oregon and wont be home to weigh in until Friday.

About me: 38 - married 6 months (already?), Mom to 21YO DS, Step mom to 3 (DSD 10, DSS 8, AND DSS 5). Over weight, extra happy and ready to change.

Quit smoking again yesterday, on vacation even! Looking forward to buidling up some successes.

Mavie, Jen, Mindy.... missed all you girls. I'll check in later!

NurseMichelle
06-01-2010, 02:51 PM
Hello ya'll!!!!! It feels like a WOW reunion! So happy to be back with my girls. I don't know what I weigh right this moment, but my goal will be 260 (I think its about 275 or so)

I'm Michelle. 34 year old mom to Robert (10) Rachel (6) and wife to Mike (12 years going on 13) I am a nurse in Ohio (NE) currently looking to get back into nursing after a year and a half hiatus during which I went through treatment for a substance abuse problem I'd been struggling with. I am clean and sober almost 14 months and feeling really good....on the INSIDE. Now is my time to work on the OUTSIDE.

Recovery-speak, I know I have been substituting food for my drinking and drugs of choice. Then I do crazy things (men, shopping, gambling, eating, even exercising, facebooking, texting, etc etc etc) and I am very aware that I am feeding my disease all the time. I realize that I am constantly looking to fill a void I should be filling with LOVE, for myself and with my Higher Power. I get obsessive about everything I do....currently I am obsessing about buying a Yorkie and a new car (Oooooh the new Camaros!)

Anyhoooooo.... :p

W- I am a water drinker, this is usually the easiest one for me! 64+ oz/day

E- I belong to a ladies gym, it is WALKING distance from me and I still don't go there! I love to golf, I'm on a softball team, I walk lovely nature trails in my area, and I recently bought a tennis racquet, which I've tried out once.

E- Ughhhhhh my eating is a mess. When I'm doing good, I try to count calories, low fat, high protein, high fiber, fruits, veggies, lean meats, chickens, etc. Not a big salad fan, but I do the best I can.

D- Mostly recovery affirmations, turning it over, let go and let God, one day at a time kind of speak.

So happy to be back. Will try to commit to posting at least twice a week. Oh and I told a friend I would start p90x. I have the DVD but I suck at working out at home.

~Michelle Y.

emiloots
06-01-2010, 02:52 PM
Hey ladies - I'm back!

My name is Emily, I'm 30, married with two little boys Connor (3 1/2) and Desmond (16 months). I work full time, I'm an admitted foodie, proud beer snob (we just started brewing our own) and am addicted to coffee. I love cooking (and eating of course), reading, movies, hiking, nature etc.

Did poorly last challenge, I don't feel like my diet or eating has really changed at all but somehow I'm up to 168 this morning, I must have food amnesia or something. Going to the CSA to pick up our share this afternoon, see what goodies are in store for us this week!

W - 64+
E - walking, weeding the veggie garden and abs
E - today: multigrain bagel w/ cc, sushi & miso soup, salad
D - unpack from this weekend, make a desperately needed grocery trip

PopcornGal
06-01-2010, 05:36 PM
Count me in again.

I am a 46 year old yo-yo dieter. I am married with two big boys and will soon be an empty nester as my youngest is moving to join his older brother working in California. :( We have a dog that is like our "surrogate child" now that the boys are grown. The dog is my exercise buddy when my husband is working.

This is a good group. Glad to see everybody back. I will be needing your support as my eating has been out of control.

Today's WEED -

W - 56 oz.
E - 30 minutes on the treadmill (got it in already)
E - light breakfast and lunch; going out to dinner for my mom's birthday
D - take steps to the bathroom at work

TheLindsy
06-01-2010, 07:42 PM
I'm pretty new to all this so ill go ahead and give it a go.. :)

W- I live in the desert, all I drink is water. I'm going to measure how much it really is that I'm drinking.

E- Pilates at home, muscle work for 30min.

E- Already Vegetarian, been so for six years. So I think eatting fresh, and not going over 1200 calories, I'll be fine.

D- Clean my room. It's a mess.

jcatron243
06-01-2010, 09:05 PM
Passion and Lindsey~~~ :welcome:

Everyone else :welcome: back!! glad to see everyone. Heading out to swim lessons right now.

Passionista
06-01-2010, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the WELCOME!!! ;)

W: Met my goal of 80oz!
E: Went for a walk, it's the best I could do!
E: No appetite today for some reason...stayed under calories but on plan.
D: Took care of myself, went to the doctor and got a PT referral! Health is wealth!

mothermavis
06-02-2010, 08:25 AM
Glad to see everyone!! Kris and Michelle! :carrot:

I was awesome yesterday, bit off with food, but very good

Did the crunches and the stairs and the walk and a run! Yay!!!

W 100 (got about 70 yesterday)
E Do over but with a bike not a run, crunches are done
E Just what's in my bag!!
D One choice at a time!!!!!

jcatron243
06-02-2010, 11:12 AM
Good morning everyone. So the plan for me today is got get in my workout, then do some laundry and wall scrubbing. I'm fine as long as I keep busy and I dont get overly hungry.

W 80 oz
E 50 cardio 10 strength 10 abs
E make the right choices
D get my laundry done!

zoochick777
06-02-2010, 11:19 AM
Hey everyone, I'm back. I've been doing pretty good with food lately. It seemed I wasn't getting enough calories because on days when I'd eat a few hundred more (like 500), I would lose more weight. So I've decided to give myself 2 cheat meals a week which seems to be working better. My weight would have been lower this morning, but I didn't drink nearly enough water yesterday because I fell asleep at 6!
My goal for this challenge is to lose 7 lbs, which would put me at 167.4.

Week 1: 174.4

WEED for the week:
W: 80+ oz
E: Work is my exercise, so Wed & Thurs are off days
E: 1600-1800 calories on work days, 1500-1600 on off days
D: Get all of my clothes washed

I only have 10 days until my 5-year HS reunion! I'm hoping to lose at least another 3 pounds by then.

PopcornGal
06-02-2010, 03:25 PM
Having a bad day today. Starting to get weepy about my son leaving.

Today's WEED -

W - 48 oz.
E - 1 mile
E - try not to snack too much tonight
D - try to hold it together here at work

jcatron243
06-02-2010, 03:53 PM
:hug: popcorn.

Hiya Kasey.

My workout was just as I planned it to be :) I ran a slow pace with inclines. I think I will do it again tomorrow. It was sweaty and good.

TheLindsy
06-02-2010, 06:00 PM
Thanks for the welcome! :hug:

Yesterdays WEED:
W- I live in the desert, all I drink is water. I'm going to measure how much it really is that I'm drinking.*EDIT: I drank 80oz*

E- Pilates at home, muscle work for 30min. *Did it.*

E- Already Vegetarian, been so for six years. So I think eatting fresh, and not going over 1200 calories, I'll be fine. *Did it aswell.*

D- Clean my room. It's a mess.* Failed. :(*

I have a question though, are we supposed to post a new WEED everyday, and then post the results?
Sorry, I'm a newbie. :)

mtiger
06-02-2010, 09:47 PM
First of all let me say WELCOME to the new people.

Then there is my special "WELCOME BACK" to some of my old friends. Don't leave us again...we miss you when you're gone.

My name is Mindy. I am (sshh, don't tell anyone) almost 50...June 14. I am not celelebrating this one. I have lost around 70 pounds over the last 2 1/2 years. I have been stuck around 180 for months and months. Nothing I do seems to work. I am at a totao loss. I want to blame pre-menopause..so I guess I just will.

I have 2 grown children almost 25 and 22. they are giving me fits lately. Long story. I work out at home, or at work with my friends. I think I can actually call myself a runner. I did 3 miles today...first time ever. I have a race on June 12th and my goal is to just run the whole thing. Of course I would also like to beat last years time.

Goal- HHMM!! Don't set those anymore since I can't ever seem to hit one. So my goal will be to lose something...anything.

emiloots
06-03-2010, 12:04 AM
Evening ladies - up watching the Flyers game with my DH and thought I'd check in for the day. Down to 166.4 this morning, so hoping yesterday was a temporary all time high. I definitely didn't meet my water goal today, gotta work on that tomorrow. It's almost TOM so I'm just bone tired, took a 2 hour nap after the kids went to bed at 8!

Welcome back to all the WEEDers and the newcomers as well!

WEED for tomorrow:
W - 64+
E - whatever I can get
E - whole foods, 1300-1400 cals
D - clean the kitchen, roast chicken, make stock

PopcornGal
06-03-2010, 09:40 AM
I have a question though, are we supposed to post a new WEED everyday, and then post the results?
Sorry, I'm a newbie. :)

Hey Lindsy - welcome to the group. I just joined the group six months ago.

There are no rules per se - just do what works for you.

I find it has worked for me to report how I did the day before. I usually report it in the same post that I list my WEED for today. See below.

PopcornGal
06-03-2010, 09:45 AM
I didn't do so well yesterday. I didn't bother with the exercise and didn't keep track of my water or calories. :( I know it was because I am in a funk over my son and I've already started getting weepy today. I am just going to take it a day at a time. He leaves in three weeks.

Thanks Jeni for the hug. You are always supportive.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - maybe a walk before agility lesson with the dog
E - try not to overeat
D - take the steps at work to the third floor on my bathroom breaks (there are 50 of them)

Wishing everyone good WEED today.

jcatron243
06-03-2010, 11:28 AM
Boy do I have a headache. Woke up with it at four. :(

I will start getting back to personals soon, I promise.

My body is stuck at 140. It goes up a bit, then down but I think I am going to call it good. If I can get lower when I start working out after work again, the wonderful. But, I think I am going to call it good.

W 80 oz
E 50 cardio, 10 strength, 15 core
E Make good choices
D wash the walls in the back room. I need to convert it into my bedroom this weekend. Yesterday my sister showed up and I have to watch her son so he doesnt break my big screen.

zoochick777
06-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Morning everyone! Well I measured myself today and turns out I've gotten a tad bit smaller:) I measure myself at the beginning of every month and in one month I've lost 1.5" off my waist, 0.5" off my hips, and 0.25" off my thigh. So that's good to see since the scale moves so slow. I did good with food yesterday, except that dinner was around midnight after I got home from a dance revue. I didn't drink as much water as I should have either, but will do better today.

MamaP
06-03-2010, 01:01 PM
Congrats Zoochick on the inches lost.

Jeni ~ I hope your headache goes away soon.

Popcorn Gal ~ I hope you feel better soon. Where is your son going?

I hope everyone has a great day! I have got to get myself moving again. I have been slacking so badly - if I don't get myself moving I'm never gonna hit my next goal. Food hasn't been so bad but I've not been exercising. Shame on me!

jcatron243
06-03-2010, 02:16 PM
Workout was awsome
35 minutes of random incline run up to 5%
10 minutes of weights.
I still have to do my core workout, I will soon!

On to shopping then working hard.

TheLindsy
06-03-2010, 09:18 PM
Okay, got it, thanks :D
So todays WEED:

W: 80oz-100oz.
E- Muscle toning, light pilates.
E-Stay within 1000-1200. Recently Iv been at 750 cal. no good. :(
D-Go support a friend at his guitar competition.

craftymamie
06-03-2010, 09:30 PM
This sounds great
I'm
sheila--new member. Love this idea count me in. Would like to loose 10 lbs by the fourth. I now weigh 150-4ft 11 ins. Short goal is 125.
W-60-80oz
e-walking 2-3 miles daily-aiming for 4
e- trying to eat "colors"
D-determed to DEAL with it all.
Thanks for the thread

jcatron243
06-04-2010, 06:25 AM
Sheila~:welcome:

Lindsey~750 cals a day. I used to do that a long time ago. I found that I would get hungry and binge out to 4-5000 cals after a few days. It didn't last too long after I came here and really read up on calorie counting.

Kasey~Yay on measuring. I've found that even though I am up 4 pounds since Feb, I am still 1/2 inch smaller overall.

Kris~You are still absolutely amazing! I'm glad you are getting back to the workouts.

Back to work today. I woke up at midnight so I will be very tired. but at least I will have a quick day of cleaning.

W 64 oz
E 15 minutes core 2 mile run.
E eat what I pack, make a good healthy dinner
D get in my run

KimL1214
06-04-2010, 10:09 AM
Hi! I'm a few days late in joining, but was happy to find a short, few week challenge, as I've had a hard time sticking with longer challenges... I figure if I can start by setting smaller goals with shorter challenges, I will feel more rewarded and keep moving towards my ultimate goal.

My name is Kim and I am a 26 year old paraprofessional, waitress, and after school program assistant coordinator. I work anywhere from 60-80 hours a week during the school year, and even more during the summer as I work with the summer school program, help out on my parents berry farm, and continue to waitress. Finding time for myself is always a challenge, but I am getting better at it.

One of my biggest goals for this challenge is to kick my soda and fried food habit. I have tried quitting both cold turkey and have ended up binging on both, so I'm going to try to decrease amounts of both until they are no longer a part of my daily food/drink intake. I normally consume a whole six pack of soda/day and average at least one fried meal/day as well. WAY TOO MUCH of both, so I'm going to try and cut that way down right off.

Weight Goal~ 15 lbs. by the 4th, so from 271 to 256...

Todays WEED

W~ 64 oz. H2O, max 2 sodas (1 must be diet)
E~ 20 Min. Walk (I have a 2nd degree sunburn, blisters and all right now, so exercise is limited until my skin soaks up the blisters...)
E~ Salad for lunch, fresca tacos from Taco Bell for dinner (anybody tried them? Any good?)
D~ Get at least 8 hours of sleep tonight! I will enjoy my evening out with friends tonight, WITHOUT getting out of control with food and/or soda!

MamaP
06-04-2010, 12:26 PM
Thanks Jeni! You are also so encouraging. I appreciate it.

Welcome KimL1214! Mini goals are great. You should join in on the 5 lb challenges. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/203271-5lb-challenge-113-a.html Good luck on giving up the soda, I know it's hard. I gave up Diet Coke ~ it was not easy. I haven't had a Diet Coke in nearly 3 months. I will occassionally (very rarely) have a diet root beer or diet 7-up or something but I don't have a problem with those (I LOOOOOVVVVEEEE Diet Coke).

TheLindsy
06-04-2010, 05:12 PM
Jeni- Uh oh, I don't want to go on to a binge. I go through phases where I eat a lot, an other months were I eat like a bird.

Yesterday, I did pretty good, 80oz of water, and got in a long session of muscle toning, stayed within my Calorie goal, and I went to see my friend play in the competition. He didn't win though. :(

Todays WEED:

W: 80oz-100oz.
E- Muscle toning, Walk 5 miles.
E-Stay within 1000-1200.
D-Work on my posture..

emiloots
06-04-2010, 06:25 PM
Kim - Welcome! I love VT! I lived in Burlington on Maple street for a while - DH and I want to retire there!

Feel like I'm going to turn into a salad, we eat it for lunch, dinner - we have so much lettuce in our garden every meal must include one! Going to be a godmother tomorrow (which is kind of funny b/c I'm not religious at all), but it's my best friends son.

W - 64+ (done!)
E - ummm not much
E - OP so far
D - finish up the laundry and weed the garden

jcatron243
06-04-2010, 10:40 PM
Kim :welcome: what a crazy schedule you have. You need to make sure you schedule "me" time in!!!! Give up that soda!!! You don't need it, there are plenty of alternatives!!

Kris~I hope you had a good day!

Emily~congrats on being a godmother. I'm my neices godmother too. I did turn into a salad :) well ok, but after 3 months of all salad all the time, I grew tired of it. Thats why I am having trouble getting back to my 1200 calorie diet.

Lindsey~great job on the Toning. I don't have the paitence for it. I do some resistance and weights, but I prefer running.

WEED has been great today. I even made myself go for a run afterwork. My foot hurts as a result, but It will be fine after some rest. Ok, time for dinner shower and bed!

mothermavis
06-04-2010, 11:55 PM
Well, it finally happened. My husband pointed out that I've been gaining weight.
It hurt. Alot. But maybe, it's what I need.

Back to ....
100 oz a day
Finish C25K again, move on to one hour runner this time, use the new Y membershio
Eat 1200 a day
Pull my head out of the sand and carry on

Nixmom
06-05-2010, 12:59 AM
Heya girls! Ready for a marathon post? I’ve been away too long.

Well I am back from my trip to Oregon. My niece is beautiful, my sister is amazing (as always) and my BIL kept me on my toes with his dead pan humor. It was a fantastic trip. I travelled with my dad, just he and I, and it was a good bonding experience for both of us. Laura June (my sweet niece) was the first thing in 10 years to make me forget about the stresses of life. She is perfect healing for a worn out soul. I feel rejuvenated and after a little more sleep, will be ready to tackle this challenge head on!

I did make a commitment today, and signed up for the gym again. Hubby took the plunge back to it while I was gone, and dragged my butt down there today to sign me up. I think this is going to be a fantastic thing for us!

Catch up:

Jen – New car? What kind? How exciting that is… except for the 900 pages of paperwork.

Mavie – ahhh 43… still young! And a new puppy! We need pics! I am ALWAYS begging to go the pound just to hang out with the poor little critters there. Rarely get to, but when I do I fall in love over and over and over! Glad to see you still here and ready to MMUNCH with ya!

MamaP – Nice to meet you. I’m a Kris too AND we are both spelled the RIGHTway! I love crafting and Target too! Keep on trucking girl! I look forward to learning more about ya. By the way 28 lbs in 3 months is fantastic. I’ve been here 3 years and have peeled of about 6 :} That’s about to change though!

Momof6 – Welcome back… I think I faded off the thread about the time you came into the WOW world. I would love to know how the green shakes go… my lil sis is a big fan of the raw food thing. Good luck!

Passion –welcome aboard! I think I will commit to 10lbs with ya. We can do this… positivity is key!

Nchellie – MY GIRL! Hows sobriety? I just spent 28 hours in the car with my dad who has finally been sober longer than he drank. It is such a blessing to have him, even with all of his quirks…. He, too, replaces the addition with excessive focus on other things… wood working, painting cars, piddling in the garage CONSTANTLY. Find that focus on loving yourself and mastering this weight thing will just be a result of it! (fist bump) J

Mtiggie – what can I say. Missed ya muchly and thought about you often. I hope all is going well in your world and I look forward to catching up. You’re running 3 miles now! You go woman!

Emiloots- My sister, EMILY, is just who I went to visit and we picked up her CSA share when I was there. What a fantastic program. I am going to look for one in my neighborhood. I have never had the smell of fresh produce fill my car when I buy it at the grocery store. Good for you on being part of one!

Popcorn – Where will your boys be in CA? Maybe I’ll keep an eye on ‘em for ya J Whem my oldest (only) moved out I held it together and then rented a sad movie, watched it alone and BALLED LIKE A BABY. I know its bittersweet, but how exciting for him to spread his wings. You get to brag about his success out in the world soon. You just hang tough! We’re here for ya.

Lindsy – Welcome – you are in a good place to get motivated!

Zoochick – Welcome back! Here’s to a full 3 lbs disappearing before that reunion! Congrats on the change already!

Craftymamie – welcome, welcome! Good goals!

Kim – 60 to 80 hours work a week! You have got to be a freakin energizer bunny! But when you gotta do what ya gotta do… such is life, eh? I will take the “no more soda” plunge with you if you like? We can keep each other in check! And I switched from regular to diet by doing 50% of each in a glass. I realize neither is any good for ya, but it was a quick calorie cut without feeling super deprived. Just a thought.

Okay – so I think I’m caught up. This is not my normal post (so don’t freak out new girls!) but its been so long I wanted to get back up to speed. Plus, I actually had the time to do it!

My weekend WEED to get reprogrammed is this:

W: 64 OZ tomorrow
E: Portion control even though BBQ food is inevitable
E: A walk with the kids to the park
D: Weigh, measure, and get my board together. My new motto “FIT BY 40”

The chick at the new gym looks like Jillian Michaels. I hope she has the same impact. I guess I best quit smoking.... fooey. (i did do 4 days without! - not good enough though.)

Good night weedies!

jcatron243
06-05-2010, 06:32 AM
:hug: Hi Kris. I was just thinking about you. I was wondering how your trip to oregon was. My car is a Kia Forte. Its the base model (all I was willing to pay for) but the safety features are amazing. I love it, it has 4 doors (which was why I got a new car!) My gym is doing a bootcamp this summer, but the timing is during Tommy's swim lessons (darn it)

MM~:hug: I hope you enjoy the gym. I'm sorry your hubby noticed your weight gain.

Work again for me today. I hope we are running.

W 64 oz
E 15 core 35 cardio
E keep it clean
D make it to the gym

PopcornGal
06-05-2010, 10:40 AM
Uh oh the scale is moving in the wrong direction. :(
I have really got to get this together because none of my clothes fit.

Today's WEED-

W - 64 oz.
E - walk at least 1 mile (just did 1.8)
E - 1200 - 1400 calories
D - use the stuff I have been learning in class at the agility match today

craftymamie
06-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Oh NO!!!Joined a challenge one day and went off the wagon the next. Went to a dinner with friends and had spaggati and meat sauce, I did good with measuring and weighing and stayed within my points untill they pulled out the cake!!! I had a half inc pc of pineapple cake and half inc pc pf banana cake, so that blew it. Guess I'll walk an extra mile today. I WILL GET BACK ON TRACK now, after reading everyones posts. Thanks for the encourgment.

KimL1214
06-05-2010, 10:51 PM
MamaP~ Regular Coke is definitely going to be the hardest for me to give up. I’ll check the 5 lb. Challenge out…

emiloots~ VT is definitely somewhere I plan on staying, unless I have to move for a job, but I still want to end up here in the long run if I do have to leave. I’ve been staying with my parents a lot lately and they eat salad for every lunch and dinner, so I totally understand when you say you feel like you’re going to turn into a vegi…

jcatron243~ Have you always been a runner or is it something you built up to?

Nixmom~ Congratulations! I have a new niece as of May 6 too! It’s so exciting to meet new members of the family! Having your hubby as a gym partner sounds great! I’m not quite ready to totally quit soda, but I am on to diet only now…

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! I hit everyone of my goals yesterday, except the eat. A tour bus was at the food court the same time as us, and the two places they flocked were Taco Bell and Subway, so I ended up with super evil pizza… soooooo, as much of a failure as the evening was, I was able to restrain when my family and I ordered Chinese tonight and stick with Beef and Broccoli, and only 3 Crab Rangoons… Crab Rangoons, bad, yes, but I used to eat between 8-12 of them at one sitting.
ANYWAYS… WEED for tomorrow, as I was unable to get on early enough to set one for today…

June 6
W~ 80 oz.
E~ 20 Min. Walk, at least 20 min. weeding the garden
E~ No Fried Food, chips, etc. Diet Soda only
D~ 8 Hours Min. sleep, Start tracking WW points

kris2008
06-05-2010, 11:56 PM
Count me in for July 4 challenge! I'd like to hit 7 pounds down between now and then.

W - Drink some, don't drink much now
E - 40 min treadmill & 20 minute yoga M-F am; hike with dogs on weekend
E - OP on WW
D - Am I hungry?

hope4me
06-06-2010, 12:21 AM
I'd love to join in late too!! Just found this. I will post more about myself soon but gotta get to bed so I can make it to work tomorrow. I'm in a Biggest Lose Challenge at work that will end July 4 so this is great.

W: This is all I drink besides coffee in the a.m. so I'll have to think about a goal.

E: Goal: 45 min 5x/week. Today was a rest day

E: Goal: 1200-1500 calories

D: Goal for this month is to clean out all my closets and have some positive self talk rather than beating myself up continually. Also I will journal my eating and exercising.

TheLindsy
06-06-2010, 03:51 AM
Hey yall, so I'm not sure what I did yesterday, it was all a blur. I know I ate healthy and drank water, and worked..

Today, I worked for 10 hours, on my feet, walking around for 10 hours!!!! I'm exhausted. I used my pedometer, and I ended up walking 6+ miles!

WEED for tomorrow.

W:80oz or so, Depends how much I can handle at work.
E:WORK, fast walking up and down stairs to check stock at Sears, is soo much exercise!
E: Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner. I Don't want to skip a meal.
D:Write my speech for Summer Class.

OH! And I had a dream about a huge pizza, Is this weird? Gah pizza sounds so good right about now. :(

jcatron243
06-06-2010, 06:31 AM
Shelia~It's hard to stay focused when you are with friends. Just dont make one day turn into more!

Kim~I cant say I have always been a runner, but I ran in high school and college to loose weight/maintain. I started back to running about 2 years ago and have done it ever since. I built my speed up to 3 miles in 27 minutes, but then I hurt my foot this past december and I have stuck to an 11 minute mile ever since. Great job on cutting back on the chinese.

Kris2008 and Hope~:welcome:

Lindsey~I love it when work is a workout! I work 12 hour shifts and do 8-12 miles while I am there.

No running yesterday. My foot was still sore and I was way too tired. I'm looking forward to a crazy busy day today.

W 64 oz
E 15 minutes core
E keep it clean
D get through today.

PopcornGal
06-06-2010, 10:39 AM
Yesterday's WEED was successful but at the match I got sunburned. We kept moving the dogs around under the shade of a tree as the sun moved. I thought I was covered but apparently I was not - my arms and part of my legs got fried.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - walk 3 miles
E - 1200 - 1400 calories
D - prepare some food for the week

Passionista
06-06-2010, 11:08 AM
W: Meet my goal of 80oz!
E: I'll be giving 4.5 hours of massage (trust me, it's exercise!).
E: I'm logging everything for the RD I'm seeing. Because I'm working back to back appointments, it's gonna be a higher fruit day (smoothie, Lara Bar etc.). I'll have lunch around 3 and make sure it's a healthy one!
D: Make time to work on homework this evening and stretch between clients.

mtiger
06-06-2010, 03:43 PM
I did 5 miles on Sat. Walked the begining and ran the last 1.5 miles home. Got a killer blister, but lost a few pounds today. Of course I am also post TOM so I always lose right now. I have yet to find the secret that will help me lose this last 30 pounds. If I had $$$ I would join a gym and see a trainer.

KimL1214
06-06-2010, 08:56 PM
kris2008 & hope4me~ WELCOME!!!

TheLindsy~ 10 hours walking! WOW!!!

jcatron243~ That’s awesome that you’re still running as a lot of people would use an injury as an excuse to quit!

PopcornGal~ I feel your sunburn pain… if you’re using aloe to sooth, try putting it in the fridge to chill… it hurts a little when you first put it on, but feels amazing after a few seconds.

mtiger~ Great job on Saturday!

So today’s WEED was again 75% successful, with exercise falling by the wayside as it rained all day…

I found a new Weight Watchers cook book a couple of months ago, and my mom and I finally cracked it open and made a couple amazing dishes for dinner and dessert tonight. We trimmed up a flank steak and cooked it with pea pods, garlic and chives in a teriyaki sauce, and I was amazed at how good it turned out. We also threw together a light cheesecake with strawberry jam and raspberries on top that was incredible! We tweaked both recipes as we were limited for time on the cheesecake, and my dad has a weak stomach, so we had to exclude some of the spices with the beef dish. There’s enough cheesecake for tomorrow night too!!!

6/7/10 WEED

W~ 80 OZ. H2O
E~ Weed & Mow lawn
E~ EAT BREAKFAST!!! Left-Over Chinese Food, Salmon for dinner…
D~ Track WW points ALL day!

jcatron243
06-06-2010, 10:29 PM
Popcorn~with my redhead and blondie we don't go anywhere without sunscreen. (and I mean anywhere, I always have a bottle in my car, and on my keychain).

Mindy~awsome job on the 5 miles. If you find the secret let me know.

Passion~I'd love just 15 minutes of a massage.

Kim~ The thing about me, I never quit. I may lose my motivation, but I never quit.

Today was good. Busy , but good.

hope4me
06-07-2010, 12:26 AM
Wow, burns, blisters and sore muscles. Sounds like everyone is suffering for the sake of their goals. :o I'm tired from the week of work but I'm off tomorrow.

KimL: sounds yummy! :T

W: drank plenty

E: 45 WATP video

E: 1360 Calories

D: Didn't beat myself up for eating movie popcorn. (no butter)

jcatron243
06-07-2010, 06:26 AM
Hope~What movie did you see?

Yay its my mini friday!I am so ready for a day off!

W 64 oz
E 15 core 25 run
E keep it clean
D cut back on salt.

Follow the link to week 2
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/203926-w-o-w-independence-fat-challenge-week-2-a.html#post3327967

I forgot it was monday :)

KimL1214
06-07-2010, 11:06 PM
Did okay today, with exception to my evil snacking that occurred!!! ARGH!!!

6/8/10 WEED

W~ 80 oz. H2O
E~ More weeding and mowing
E~ Breakfast!
D~ No EVIL Snacks!!! No Soda (will be Day #3!!!)

Nixmom
06-08-2010, 12:34 AM
Hey Ladieeeeeeees!

How is everyone doin? I didn't get to get here this AM to post but weed for the week looks like this.

W - 64 (almost there
E - Hit new gym today. Did 45min on Tread mill and then an hr in body sculpting class! WOOT! First real exercise in MONTHS! Trainer isnt like my bootcamp girl was. I miss her.
E - On target. NO SODA! But 4 smokes... I'll get there.
D - Slow and steady wins the race!

So today I accidently wore my underwear backwards all day. Couldnt figure out why my butt kept eating them. I should have known it was just a foreshadowing of my week back at work.... couldn't keep anyone else off my tush either. Had to laugh though....

I am off to get 8 hours of sleep after a long shower. Nite Weedies!

Nixmom
06-08-2010, 11:46 AM
Good Morning

Scale is down 4.6 from Sunday (TOM exit has got to be the majority of it), but it feels good nonetheless.

Gearing up for a hectic budget reducing work day full of meetings, whining, and fist pounding. Gonna be back later in hopes of reading "fantastic day" posts from you girls to lift my spirits.

Be good.

MamaP
06-08-2010, 01:04 PM
The week two thread is here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/203926-w-o-w-independence-fat-challenge-week-2-a.html#post3327967