100 lb. Club - 30 day ON PLAN thread!!!

View Full Version : 30 day ON PLAN thread!!!

cfmama
05-31-2010, 11:35 AM
This is a thread for Matt (and me) and ANYONE ELSE who is COMMITTED to staying ON PLAN for the next 30 days. I don't plan on weighing PERIOD but one can way every day and post it along with their food, drink, exercise. Thoughts about staying on plan... hardships etc.

Are ya with me?

cfmama
05-31-2010, 11:38 AM
So I weighed yesterday morning and I was 202.2. I've been riding the 200 pound edge FOR SO LONG that it does not surprise me. It was my birthday on Friday and there was a cupcake along with a pizza dinner and then roast beast with all the trimmings last night.

I'm NOT WEIGHING for this month but am going to try various things to shake up my plateau. A weekly fruit and veggie feast. Calorie shifting.

Food so far today?

extra large banana
1T peanut butter
full fat yogurt...

will update as the day goes!

GirlyGirlSebas
05-31-2010, 12:00 PM
Tammy, I'll join you and everyone else who wants to make an extra effort to be committed for the next 30 days.

As of today, I have been back on-plan for 1 week. I'm doing really well and feel fairly confident, however, this is about the point where I usually start faltering. I don't want that to happen again! Last week, I created a 1500 calorie menu that I followed for the whole week. This has made staying on-plan as easy as possible for myself as I don't have to think about what I'm going to eat. I can somewhat put myself on auto-pilot. Here is my menu:

Breakfast - Smoothie of chocolate whey protein, soy milk, banana and ground flax
Snack - Apple with natural peanut butter
Lunch - Salad of spring lettuce mix, edamame and low fat dressing
Snack - Small sweet potato with 2tsp of Smart Balance.
Dinner - Morningstar burger or chicken patty with 2 cups of either steamed veggies or sauteed veggies.
Snack - Cottage cheese with Blueberry preserves.

The only problem is that I didn't always eat everything on the menu and, therefore, did not reach my 1500 calories. I'm thinking that this might slow down my weight loss, so I need to be extra careful not to eat too little this week. BTW, I am staying with this menu for the upcoming week. My food is yummy and it works....if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Right? :D I'll be adding an hour of walking each day and drinking 64 oz of water each day.

Rock on, Friends!

oneLess
05-31-2010, 12:50 PM
I'm in! I will be back at DD's naptime to write more... but this will be great due to the 4th of July challenge also to really help. Also, I am challenging DH to a weight loss thing by the 4th too.
He chose 20 pounds and I chose 17.7 pounds and if we meet our goals we get $50 cash each.

oneLess
05-31-2010, 01:10 PM
Ok, I am back. Obviously I am still fairly new at this stuff and have LOTS to lose so I am taking it slow. I am also nursing a baby so I can't lose too fast and cut calories as much as if I wasn't nursing.
I keep my calories at 2000-2800 a day. That seems like a lot to some I am sure but Sparkpeople estimates I need 1850-2250 a day and I added on extra for nursing and so far this amt is working and keeping me from binging. I weigh in on Fridays and Sundays. I eat freely on the weekend (no counting calories) but I only allow myself to eat freely if I feel like I am in control and no eating after 6 or 7 whichever is dinner that night. If I feel out of control the next weekend I count calories too. So far I have been happy with my control on the weekends.

I have been walking now for like 9 weeks. I have been consistent and being consistent is the best thing. You see results! You don't see them in a day but when you can look back over a month and see how far you have walked or how much you lost its awesome. 2 pounds a week doesn't seem like a lot but 8 pounds after a month is cool!

FitGirlyGirl
05-31-2010, 01:20 PM
I'm in. I am trying to get into a size 9 before going home to Florida for vacation. We leave July 13. I am currently in what would be an 11.5 if such a size existed. Hubby is a major math geek and is always doing all kinds of things with my numbers and he says I need to get to 152ish to look good (in my opinion - he wants me to be clear to everyone that he does, always has, and always will think I look good) in my pink and charcoal size 9 capris that I want to arrive at my father's house in. I am 167.5 today, so I need to lose about 15.5 pounds by July 13. I'm all for anything that will help me do that.

My current plan is to eat 1650 and burn 2650. After I'm done with work for the summer (June 8), I plan to up my calories in a little and up my calories out a LOT in order to do a bootcamp type thing on myself.

My food today:
Breakfast: low carb yogurt, 1 serving eggbeater with FF cheese, 8 oz. organic vanilla soymilk, 1 cranbran vitatop - 345 cal.
Snack: Mixed veggie chips from whole foods - 135 cal.
Lunch: 4.7 oz. Pork tenderloin, 1/2 cup boiled red wheat, 1/2 cup mixed veggies (steamed), 1/2 plantain (baked) - 402 cal.
Dinner: 1 shish kebab and 1/2 a japanese sweet potato - 577 cal.
Snack: Angel Food cake and milk - 210
Cal. total: 1669

It was a great, on plan day. Day 1 down.

Rosinante
05-31-2010, 01:22 PM
OK, I've managed 8 days on plan (this time) so I will commit to 30 from scratch from today on.
Today I ate:
Breakfast: Bacon and mushrooms
Lunch: Deli meat and cheese salad
Snack: Cream cheese and ham rolls
Dinner will be: Home made burgers and veg.

I'm following Neris and India's Idiot Proof Diet, also known as Pig2Twig.
I've lost 7lbs, my skin, joints, digestion and mood have improved.

calluna
05-31-2010, 01:46 PM
My challenge is that I'm going to be on travel for 10 days of June in the Lower 48. I'm going to be in Las Vegas and Chicago - on travel it is so easy to fall off plan!

I'm going to use this thread to help keep me accountable and hopefully also get me to the Onederland whistle-stop!

Today: bike ride planned, looking for 15-18 miles, plus some abs work and stretching. Have lots of good greens for a chef salad later on, but not yet sure what I'm doing for protein.

gloo
05-31-2010, 01:46 PM
I'm with ya! Back on plan a little over 2 weeks now and took off the dreaded 7 lbs I gained when I fell off the wagon plus one more for good luck. Feeling good and like I have some forward velocity now.

I'll fess up from the get go that my 30 day plan includes 1 cocktail night on the 10th, but I'm vowing to go no higher than the upper end of my calorie range for the day and right back on the wagon the next. (It's uncharacteristic of me to drink while on plan, but it's realistic that I'm going to go out and have a couple drinks now and again when I'm at goal so I need to learn how to moderate. It'll be good for me. :))

On a separate note, happy birthday mama! :hug:

ubercast
05-31-2010, 01:47 PM
I'm up for this 30 day plan thread!

Exercise: 20 pushups, and 20 sit ups, stretching, chasing the puppy around the house for ten minutes to try and get him to eat XD.

Breakfast: A yummy piece of watermelon, and a few grapes.

exercise: jog a mile, walk two.

Lunch: a sandwich on whole wheat bread with a couple slices of chicken, tomato, lettuce, onion, and mustered.

Exercise: Go to the gym for about 40 minutes, and walking home.

Dinner: Grilled fish with fresh green beans, and a little bit of rice

Exercise: Walk for about 2-3 miles

cfmama
05-31-2010, 02:50 PM
So far lunch I had a 1T of peanut butter and 1/2 medium banana on 2 slices of sunflower flax bread (HIGH in calories... 260 for two but SO GOOD), an unsweetened applesauce cup and 1 oz mozza cheese.

Played and danced with kiddo's all morning. 1 T of tea down. Snack planned is 2 cups of watermelon and a low fat granola bar.

EveLHaelf
05-31-2010, 04:51 PM
This is a GREAT idea! Mind if I join? :)

This is just what I need because I've been struggling and going on and off plan for the entire month of May. I'm looking to make June a good month! I gained about 5 pounds in my off month so I'm up to 167. Hoping to lose that plus some more. Around 12 pounds total for June. I think I can do it, if I can stay on plan! I'm also very close to weighing less than my hubby, so that is something else to look forward to. (In 5 years I've never weighed less than him)

After struggling with calorie counting, I've decided it just isn't for me. I'm going to just follow the eat clean diet by tosca reno and wear my body bugg to make sure i'm reaching my burn each day. My half marathon is creeping up on me pretty quickly and I'm very nervous about that as well! June 19th! ACK!

cfmama
05-31-2010, 04:55 PM
Everyone is welcome of course!!!!

I kept myself busy during daycare kiddo naptime by talking on the phone, bathing my baby puppy and taking out/cleaning her ears (she's a collie and wears ear braces to help them come together and tip) I'm about to prepare snack for the littles and myself and get the girls off to ballet!

roxmysox
05-31-2010, 04:56 PM
I am definitely in! My "on plan" is not to eat anything I shouldn't (obviously haha)- but even if I do have the calories for it! I want June to be full of healthy meals for my body and not a slice of pizza and a bread stick just because I have the 400 calories left in the day. Also, I'd like to stop eating after 8pm. I work until 4am and usually find myself having a snack after I put my LO to bed at 10. No more of that!

My calorie range is 1200-1500, seems I can't lose on any higher than that.

tigerchild
05-31-2010, 05:57 PM
I'm in!

My plan: Daily exercise of at least 30 minutes.
Calories:1500-1600 daily
Fat consumption 30g or below (Next month I want 25g or less, but...this is THIS month! :D )
Abstain from all fast food except diet soda.

Rochester
05-31-2010, 06:59 PM
I'm doing a Summer Challenge that is going through September 1, so this will fit in nicely as a shorter goal. And today was the first official day of My Plan, so hopefully this will keep me motivated.

Food: Low-carb, wheat-free. Planning for 1400 - 1600 calories but I might go as high as 1800 (still tweaking that).

Exercise:
M, W, F - Toning/strength training (No More Trouble Zones DVD)
T, Th, St - Cardio (Couch to 5K)
Daily - Flexibility (Budokon DVD)

And I'm going to start reading Women Food and God as soon as it arrives in the mail.

:cheer::goodluck::cheer:

mingle
05-31-2010, 08:46 PM
I'm in! I'm going for June being completely OP. My birthday is in June & I figured what better present could I give myself!

My food plan is to eat 1600-1800 calories per day. Plenty of fresh veggies & more protein.

My exercise plan is to get at least 50 minutes of exercise per day. I alternate between the elliptical & doing cardio/toning DVDs. My goal by month end is to do 4.5 miles per 50 minutes on the elliptical (right now I'm at 4.3, so want to up my speed a bit).

PeanutsMom704
05-31-2010, 09:13 PM
I'm IN!!! I need to be at 213.2 on June 30 in order to meet my Pound for Pound Challenge pledge, but I'm having a major problem with that transition from the 220s to the 2-teens. First, I made it down to 221.8 and lost it and ended up all the way back to 228.4. Then I made it through to the teens to 219.4 but only for a day and started creeping back up from there all the way back to 223.4 yesterday. I didn't even bother to WI today since I was up a lot of the night with a sick kid and and making some poor choices on top of no sleep (and probably not much sleep tonight either) plus TOM.

But on the other hand, even though the scale hasn't been that cooperative, I've suddenly shrunk a clothing size this week! So I'm feeling really optimistic due to that, and I think seeing not so great numbers on the scale might be discouraging when really, I have every reason to feel good about where I am right now and to keep going with a full month on plan.

EveLHaelf
05-31-2010, 09:42 PM
Good luck to everyone! We are going to be smokin' by the end of June!
:cheer2::cheer3:Let's do this ladies!:cheer3::cheer2:

Rosinante
06-01-2010, 02:09 AM
#1/30 accomplished!

toobig
06-01-2010, 05:14 AM
I really need this. Today is June first and I will stay on plan for one month.

TraceyElaine
06-01-2010, 06:58 AM
Oh I am so in. Hubby and I decided this yesterday as well. So far this morning I had oatmeal, an apple, and a glass of milk. It's going to be a busy day so we'll see how it goes from here. I'll likely post in the morning about the day before.

GirlyGirlSebas
06-01-2010, 07:12 AM
Oh man! My rumpus is dragging the floor this morning. I'm definitely adding 'more sleep' into my plan for the next 30 days. I've read that lack of sleep can make you gain weight. That would be going in the wrong direction!

Have a great on-plan day, everyone.

oneLess
06-01-2010, 07:14 AM
Today will be easy for me to stay on plan because I am having oral surgery today! lol
So, I can't eat past 9 am this morning and my surgery is at 3 pm... sure I won't want to eat tonight much.... tomorrow much either.

EveLHaelf
06-01-2010, 07:27 AM
OMG I hate my alarm clock! I didn't get much sleep last night because I slept in til 11 am yesterday morning. I'm feeling it today! BAH! I'm sore as heck from doing day 1 of p90x too. I love being sore :D Having my oatmeal and egg whites, my food is packed for work and ready to go!

chicken breast salad with tons of greens and a delicious all natural dressing
luna bar
2 hard boiled eggs
an apple
protein shake

AFter work I have 5 miles to run and that's it for exercise. It would be ideal for me to do my run before work, but I'd have to get up at like 3 am and i just don't know how that would work. I'd probably be grumpo the amazing beeyatch! 5am is bad enough as it is!

Everyone have a good day and stay on plan!

FitGirlyGirl
06-01-2010, 08:25 AM
Day 2:

Breakfast: 1.5 serving rice chex, egg beaters with ff cheese, lite yogurt, 8 oz. vanilla soymilk - 395 cal.
Snack - Special K cereal bar - 90 cal.
Lunch - Shish kebab from dinner last night - 392 cal.
Snack - apple with almond butter/dark chocolate blend (YUMMY) - 269
Dinner - Chef's salad w/ salmon and sweet potato - 397 cal.
Snack: Watermelon - 97 cal.

Total Cal. - 1640

FitGirlyGirl
06-01-2010, 08:27 AM
I hope everyone has a lovely POP day!

MablesGirl
06-01-2010, 08:39 AM
Count me in! My on plan is just to eat healthier and exercise 5 days a week. I slacked off for the last 8 days due to a cold and busy work week. So here's to jumping back on the wagon.

06-01-2010, 10:45 AM
I'd love to join. :) I've been pretty good about staying within my calorie range, but haven't been so good at making the best choices within that range.

My plan is 1200-1500 calories, though lately I've been sticking closer to the 1200. I'd like to try eating closer to the 1500 and commit myself to doing the 30 Day Shred at least 3 times per week.

Other goals for the month include only one meal out per week. This is going to be tough because we typically eat out 5-10 times per week. A couple days last month I ate every last meal at a restaurant. Not. Good. I'm hoping this will allow us to bank cash for our vacation in July.

Here's to renewed dedication in June!

Hey Jude
06-01-2010, 10:50 AM
I'll join. I am really trying to get back into weight loss mode after taking a winter hiatus. One of my goals this month will be to get back into walking.

Day #1
Here is my food plan for today.

- high fiber hot cereal with 1/4 tsp olive oil, Source vanilla yogurt (sf, ff) and blueberries
- salad with pesto dressing and chicken breast
- banana
- strawberries with Source dessert yogurt
- leftover meatloaf, noodles, broccoli
- some kind of 100 calorie snack

cfmama
06-01-2010, 11:08 AM
Day 1 DONE!!!
I stayed totally on plan the entire day. No nibbles and no tasting. I am proud!

Day 2:
breakfast: extra large banana, full fat balkan yogurt cup

I bought some sandwich thins at walmart last night (170 calories for two) and a funky mango. I also found out they SELL MY TUNA STEAKS!!!!!! Cloverleaf makes the yummiest tuna steaks and my store stopped selling them... but walmart sells them now! Cheap too! 2 for $4 which makes me happy...

so today's lunch is
veggie sandwich with mustard and 1 LC wedge on a sandwich thin
tuna steak
fruit nugget pack.

Excited!

momof5k
06-01-2010, 11:19 AM
I'd love to join too! I have been battling "the last 10 pounds" for a few months now and can't seem to break this plateau (if that is what this is). I am stil losing inches but I hae been bopping around the 160 mark forever! ARGH!! I would really would like to hit my goal by the end of June so this challenge is perfect :)

Yesterday I was totally on plan:
Breakfast: 1 cup blackberries, 1 fat free yogurt (~170 cal)
Lunch: 2 cups salad (~50 cal)
Snack: 1 cup grapes (~100 cal)
Dinner: 2 cups salad, 2 WW hamburger bun, 8 ounces lean ground beef (~600 cal)
Snack: 1 cup strawberries, 1 protein bar (~170 calories)

This is just under 1100 calories and my goal is 1200-ish.

I also ran 3.5 miles yesterday which my Nike+ says burned 450 calories.

This morning, I have had 1 cup of blackberries and 100 calories worth of fat free yogurt. So far so good.

EveLHaelf
06-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Welcome to all the people who just joined in! June is going to make us all sex-ay! ;)

One day down! Yesterday was a great one!

I had a yumm-a-licious salad today for lunch, chicken breast with lots of greens, carrots, cucumbers, onions, some slivered amonds and sunflower nuts, and dried cranberries with my awesome all natural salad dressing.

Right when I got home from work I had a luna bar and hard boiled egg whites (2) Now I'm letting it settle before I go do my 5 mile run.

A big :bravo: to everyone who had an on plan day yesterday: Rosinante, cfmama, fitgirlygirl, and momof5k to name a few! :carrot:

Let's keep at it!

PeanutsMom704
06-01-2010, 04:03 PM
Today is my day one, yesterday was a lost cause before it started. But so far, so good for today. Had a terrible night but after a visit to the doctor this morning, my son is feeling a lot better (he needed a steroid treatment to help with breathing problems from croup). I'm working on getting all my stuff prepped for my breakfasts and lunches for the rest of the week and looking forward to getting back to my usual routine. Today is still a little bit off in terms of the usual food but I will definitely be in my calories even with slightly different than normal foods.

And I have pretty much decided to give the scale a rest until 6/21. I do want to see where I land for the Summer Onederland challenge - I know I won't be in Onederland by then, but I do want to see my progress.

cfmama
06-01-2010, 04:05 PM
OMG my lunch was soooo good. I've missed my tuna steaks!

My veggie sammich had large red onions, cucumbers and lettuce. LC cheese, dijon mustard. OMG so good.

I am full full full.

I got my period today but since I'm not weighing... I DON'T CARE! mwahahahaha... lol!

WarMaiden
06-01-2010, 04:20 PM
I want to join in too. I've been on plan, but I just came off a planned maintenance weekend, and now am on to my new plan for June. This new plan consists of all the behaviors I've been doing, but I'm also lowering my calories to an average of 1800 per day rather than the 2000-2100 I've been doing the last few months. So that's a pretty significant change for me. Plan is 1650 cals M-Th, 2400 cals Friday, 1800 cals Sat-Sun. Workouts are a mixture of cycling, strength training, metabolic workouts, and walking. Plus lots of NEAT (Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis).

Today...so far so good. Got up at 6 am after a pretty good night of sleep, did 45 mins strength-training, I'm at work now and food is planned out and on target for 1650 calories total today. For my fruit at lunch I had strawberry papaya and fresh organic strawberries, it was TOTAL YUM. I love summer fruit!

:cheer2: for everyone planning the work and working the plan.

cfmama
06-01-2010, 04:35 PM
warmaiden: I am so happy you are joining us AND the papaya sounds delicious! I need to pick some up for sure :)

bythenumbers
06-01-2010, 05:00 PM
I'm in! Summer = time. I want to spend that time wisely....

Today's Journal:
Breakfast= PB&J 480 calories
Exersice: Gym 30 min treadmill, 15 minutes elliptical, 3 sets of 8 reps on each biceps and triceps machines at 25 lbs. Topped off with a few minutes on the cycle.
Lunch: Banana (wasn't real hungry PB&J lasts me forever) 100 calories
Exercise: Mowed and weeded the back yard
Dinner (early, I finally got hungry) 2 fillets of Mahi Mahi and 2 servings of cauliflower puree. 400 calories

Tonight I still plan to maybe go on a short bike ride around the neighborhood when it cools down and then have some italian ice made with splenda :)

cfmama
06-01-2010, 08:29 PM
That mango I bought? Was the YUMMIEST MANGO FREAKING EVER!!!!!! That said... it and my minigo have lasted me all afternoon. I did have one cracked wheat cracker but it felt like sawdust in my mouth so I won't eat those again. I had the calories (30) for it though.

Dinner is Taco salads. So yum! Heading out tonight for tea with a fellow breastfeeding counsellor and then some birthday shopping for my littles... Phoenix is FOUR tomorrow and Olivia is 7 in two weeks!!!

mingle
06-01-2010, 09:10 PM
Day One (May 31): OP! :)

Day Two (June 1): OP! :)

Two great days in a row. My birthday is one week from today & I want to end my 31st year with a bang & start my 32nd very strong! :D

FitGirlyGirl
06-01-2010, 09:16 PM
I've discovered today that my last day for the school year will be Friday instead of Monday. My plan is to relax a little over the weekend and hopefully start bootcamping myself on Monday. My weight loss should then speed up, woohoo!

TaraLee
06-01-2010, 10:01 PM
I'm in. I'm starting tomorrow, June 2, as I was not on plan today. I'm noticing that my weight was decllining all last week by a very little bit, even though I was still eatting 2000 calories. At 290 it suprises me, and makes me wonder, how many calories was I eatting? Good gravy!
My plan for 30 days:
-Calories under 1800
-Walk daily

thinkthin7
06-02-2010, 12:32 AM
may i join you guys?? i want this month to consist of NO cheats and that includes nibbles of my kids things :) i have to admit i had an off day today, but didn't go overboard and i have a cold so i won't be working out tonight. hopefully tomorrow i will be feeling a bit better and can do my workout!! tomorrow's planned meals will be
b-veggie omelette
l-deli meat and veggies in a low carb tortilla
d-whatever meat i prepare and a cooked veg
snacks-strawberries and string cheese and possibly a sf jello?

calluna
06-02-2010, 01:56 AM
I was on plan today, in spite of an hour when I really, REALLY wanted something sweet. Not sure what happened, but I managed to contain myself.

Ate a good lunch (steamed asparagus with smoked salmon that we made last weekend) and dinner (huge salad, chicken breast filet).

and in spite of a serious case of demotivation (what was with me today?) I went out and completed a good, solid workout.

I hope that my foibles today were just a passing phase! Normally I enjoy my workouts and don't crave sweets anymore. :|

Rosinante
06-02-2010, 02:11 AM
Day #2 successfully completed, on with Day #3.

cfmama
06-02-2010, 02:24 AM
Day 2... SUCCESS!!!!!!

No bites/licks/nibbles. Just one "spoon, taste" none!!!!!

Day three already set out.

Tomorrow is my sons birthday and I'm making spaghetti and veggie pasta sauce for dinner with baby carrots (his pick) and then we are going out for ice cream. I have planned to eat a lower calorie yummy granola bar during that time.

topsy81
06-02-2010, 05:20 AM
Can i join please?

I`m getting married next year and want to look for my dress in sep.

I`m just trying to count calories and up my protein.

Hope everyone is doing ok x

TraceyElaine
06-02-2010, 07:18 AM
Day one went well. No junk at work. Worked out twice and had a loss on the scale this morning. Off to a good start.

EveLHaelf
06-02-2010, 07:40 AM
Day two complete! I totally kicked @$$ during my 5 mile run and felt like a million bucks. After my shower I had a huge salad with turkey breast and egg whites as the protein and tons of spinach. I've never enjoyed salads before! I always thought they were gross and un-filling but I realize I was doing them all wrong!

I had my on plan breakfast and have my healthy food packed for work!

Todays workout will be a 3 mile run and p90x for weight lifting. I'm always feeling stressed/overwhelmed after work, and used to make excuses for why i 'couldn't' work out. But now Im not giving myself any other options. When I first started my journey last august I would get up before work at 345am and exercise. Now I make a deal with myself that if I want to be able to sleep in (til 5am wooo) then I will do my workouts after work.

Everyone's looking good so far! Let's keep going! :carrot:

FitGirlyGirl
06-02-2010, 08:12 AM
I'm glad to see so many reports of good days yesterday. My yesterday was stressful, but still POP.

Today:
Breakfast: 1.5 servings rice chex, egg beaters with FF cheese, light yogurt, light soymilk - 385 cal.
Snack: Luna Mini bar - 80 cal.
Lunch: PBJ on a whole grain sandwich thin, baby carrots, and an apple - 456 cal.
Snack: more watermelon - yum! - 113 cal.

Planned:
Dinner: out to dinner - soft shell crab, shrimp, mixed vegetables, 1/2 serving jasmine rice, a bit of french bread, about 2 bites of hubbie's creme brulee - 842

Total cal. - 1876

I'm going to have another crazy day - end of the school year always is, but I can do it - 3 more days.

I hope everyone has a wonderfully POP day.

PeanutsMom704
06-02-2010, 08:20 AM
Day 1 wasn't fantastic but it was acceptable. Still dealing with little sleep and the sick kid but at least I was able to cook and prep so the next few days should be a little bit easier for me to be more on auto pilot. The less I have to think about, the easier it is to stay on plan!!

Sandi
06-02-2010, 08:59 AM
I'm a little late, but I'd like to join you. :D

I had been doing really well. Got very consistent about tracking my calories and then thing went to ****, and I need to get back on track. I keep "saying" that I will, but I don't. So maybe a little accountability will help me out. I am keeping my calories fairly high 2000-2500. I will lose in that range and it's the consistency that really matters right now.

Breakfast:
20 oz green tea
Slice of bread w/ 1 Tbsp peanut butter (170 cals)
Snack: Granola Bar (90 cals)

GirlyGirlSebas
06-02-2010, 09:07 AM
Doing really well with my food plan. Still not getting a good handle on the exercise and water. Today, I'll drink 64 oz of water and walk for an hour. I must do this. I need to get off some serious inches quickly!

momof5k
06-02-2010, 09:08 AM
Day two was on plan.
Lunch was a spinach salad, two eggs and a slice of rye toast
Dinner was more spinach salad and grilled chicken breast
Evening snack was strawberries and grapes and a slice of toast with peanut butter

I also did an hour of hot yoga.

My plan today is to do another hot yoga session, maybe try to get a run in too...and keep on plan.

Good work everyone!

06-02-2010, 10:01 AM
Day one was pretty good (not perfect choices, but okay) and day two is off to a good start.

Eaten
Breakfast: Low Sugar Oatmeal with diced apples

Planned
Snack: Medium orange
Lunch: 5 oz. Salsa chicken, sliced zuchinni and green peppers w/ 1/2 cup brown rice
Snack: 1/2 serving reduced fat triscuits and apple slices
Dinner: 5 oz. Grilled Chicken, zuchinni and corn on the cob
Snack: Two tablespoons frozen yogurt

Sounds like a yummy day to me! :)

Hey Jude
06-02-2010, 10:22 AM
First day went OK for me, not perfect. It is TOM, and I always want to eat more. grrr! Had a Fiber One bar that was not planned, and went to Subway for lunch instead of my planned salad.

On to Day #2
Here is my food plan for today.

- high fiber hot cereal with 1/4 tsp olive oil, Source vanilla yogurt (sf, ff) and blueberries
- salad with chicken
- banana
- strawberries with Source dessert yogurt
- leftover meatloaf, noodles, broccoli
- 100 calorie snack

oneLess
06-02-2010, 10:36 AM
You all are doing good!
My oral surgery went well yesterday and I feel pretty good today.
I have my 2000 calories planned (remember I am breastfeeding and weigh more than lots of you) and I feel optimistic that they will be good filling foods.
No exercise for a week for me though due to dentist orders. Something about not wanting too much blood flow to the area but I think Saturday and Sunday I will aim for at least 1 mile walk those days.

cfmama
06-02-2010, 11:06 AM
I am so freaking proud of us all!!!!!!

Breakfast this morning: applesauce, full fat yogurt, granola bar.

I am feeling really good about
1. not weighing
2. staying totally on plan

Have a great on plan and WONDERFUL day my friends!!!

WarMaiden
06-02-2010, 11:15 AM
:high: everyone.

Day 1 went as planned. Didn't sleep great last night, but I feel good this morning after my bike commute to work. Today's food is completely planned. I had the most delicious mango at my after-bike breakfast! Mangoes make me happy, they are so sunny and sweet. Our house is burgeoning with fresh fruit and veggies, actually; so much stuff is cheap and in season right now, it's just delightful. Tonight my son graduates from 8th grade, so the evening will be hectic, but there is already leftover steak and yam in the fridge for me to eat before we go to the ceremony, so that's all handled.

Have an awesome on-plan day!

calluna
06-02-2010, 11:20 AM
B'fast this morning was raisin bran - I used to like it, but now it seems like it is just full of sugar and overbalances any fiber benefit. Tomorrow I think it might be coddled eggs on toast or something like that.

For snacks I have apple, mozz stick, kind bar, or yogurt for options.

Lunch is salad and chicken (I made it last night at the same time as my dinner).

Planned workout is some combination of strength training (upper body) and either stationary bike or pool. I'd like to go to the pool, actually, if time permits.

topsy81
06-02-2010, 11:49 AM
My plan has gone well so far today:

Breakfast
1 egg and egg white 110
babybell cheese 40
apple 70

Lunch
Pitta bread 130
Tom and lettuce 30
2 laughing cow cheeses 40
orange 70
10 almonds 60

Tea is going to be
Turkey breast 220
brown rice 200
cherry tom, mushroom, onion, celery, 150

Going to have some natural yog and berries 150

Going to go for a walk after tea.

Think I have got my 5 a day in today!

Hope everyone else is having a good wednesday.

cfmama
06-02-2010, 03:14 PM
My breakfast this morning DID NOT hold me. I was STARVING by lunch. Tomorrow I need more protein and less sugar (in the granola bar) obviously!!!

PeanutsMom704
06-02-2010, 03:40 PM
breakfast today was 3 hardboiled egg whites and a toasted sandwich thin for 151 calories. I decided to treat myself to buying lunch today since I'm at work but exhausted from 3 nights in a row with very little sleep. I got a roast beef wrap with lots of veggies and light dressing and baked chips for about 600 (less volume but that's about the same as my normal lunch or slightly low). Supper will be homemade chicken soup with egg noodles and broccoli.

Depending on if I add in any snacks, that puts me at 1225 calories for the day.

EveLHaelf
06-02-2010, 10:13 PM
Looking good, ladies!

Day 3 complete!
Had a looong and stressful day at work today, but I made it through. Lots of yummy and good (and op) food for me today! I did my p90x workout and then went to the gym and did my planned 3 mile run. It was tough I think because I did it after my weights or just cuz I did it at the end of the day. idk I didn't break any time goals but I did it! I whipped up some more of my ultra de-lish super healthy salad dressing, that should last me for a few days. At work food is packed and ready. I'm feeling good. :D

tigerchild
06-02-2010, 10:38 PM
My day today:
1 hour of Zumba at the Y (yay!)
Breakfast: 2 slices WW low cal toast, 4t pb, 1 banana sliced on top, 8oz 2 percent milk (my favorite breakfast, I generally only eat it on Zumba days though)
Lunch: 2 slices WW low cal bread, 2 slices deli turkey, 1 slice LF cheddar, mustard, 1 large orange, 5 mini cookies
Snack: 1 cup NF plain yogurt, 1/2 cucumber sliced, 2 cloves garlic minced, pinch of dried dill - 135 cal
Dinner: 1/2 chicken breast, 1 cup cauliflower, 1/2 small potato, 1 cup green beans, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1/3rd cup curry sauce

1446 calories total, 29.5 grams of fat

I am pleased! :)

FitGirlyGirl
06-02-2010, 11:44 PM
I went over on my calories today, but I did extra exercise to work them off. Since I have always allowed myself to do that, I was still POP.

bythenumbers
06-03-2010, 12:21 AM
Day 2, second day on plan, :)
Food and workout!

momof5k
06-03-2010, 12:39 AM
I finished my day on plan...despite dinner at the Olive Garden with my teenager. It was the first time I have asked for a restaurant's nutritional guide and chose from there. Apricot chicken with steamed veggies...420 calories! Low fat/low cal salad dressing on the side :)

That and an hour of hot yoga today and I am doing well and On Plan!

girlonfire
06-03-2010, 01:19 AM
Sounds like a plan! My plan is: to eat within my Sparkpeople calorie allotment, exercise 5 days a week INCLUDING C25K, and stay within my sodium range for the day as well. I am excepting today for this "on plan" though due to a nice bout of food poisoning :-(

I just realized the horrible pun at the beginning. My apologies.

cfmama
06-03-2010, 01:58 AM
Today went fairly well. I did eat less at dinner so I could indulge in some ice cream. I didn't go over calories though so it's good.

Tomorrow night I am having sushi for my anniversary and will STAY AWAY from the popcorn at the movies. Going to take something Tammy approved to snack on!!!

MablesGirl
06-03-2010, 02:34 AM
Though technically I was not on plan today, I'm giving myself a pat on the back for the lifestyle changes I am making. Work ended up being very long and stressful - I'm talking 12.5 hours long - and there was one emergency fire, one bad media story (on the news about my company - nope, not BP), and a mini fake fire. 4 months ago, I would have given up, stressed out, and eaten everything I could get my hands on, plus my go-to "had a long bad day" after work meal of Wendy's Baconator (double), fries, and Coke. Did have a package of Zingers, but resisted the call of the chips, candy bars and White Castle cheeseburgers in the vending machine. Then came home and ate the rest of the BBQ'ed baked chicken instead of Wendy's.

So, while not on plan due to the Zingers, I'm so happy with the changes I'm making. The biggest part of maintaining any of my weight loss is learning to deal with things differently, and I'm working on it.

Rosinante
06-03-2010, 02:51 AM
Day #3 completed successfully.

I ate mock pizza, kind of, for breakfast (drop of oil in a frying pan, sliced mushrooms, thin slices of chorizo over the top, grated cheese over the top of that. yum.)
Cold chicken and salad with blue cheese dressing for lunch
Sausage, bacon and egg for dinner.

My exercise is still only about 30 mins walking a day but it's getting easier. My joints feel a lot better.

mingle
06-03-2010, 07:43 AM
Day 3 - success! I was *this* close to eating extra calories last night & then thought that I certainly didn't want to come here this morning & report that day 3 was a failure! What a great motivator & accountability tool this is! :)

PeanutsMom704
06-03-2010, 08:45 AM
I lost it a bit at the end of the day last night and ate a bunch of pretzels and an ice pop. Still w/in calories because I was on the low side, but those additional calories were not really the healthiest ones I could have chosen. I know that once my son is better and sleeping ok again, things will get better but unfortunately, that wasn't last night yet - he was up for about an hour between 1 and 2 am, coughing and restless.

I still didn't have the energy to push myself make my lunch this morning but I do have another healthy option that I can have - a local chain that makes custom bowls that I'll have with brown rice, lots of veggies and some chicken. I've been really good about bringing my lunch every day, but it's nice that I do have choices that I can easily fit into my plan when I need a break like this.

Hey Jude
06-03-2010, 10:23 AM
Doing well here also! I passed on the black forest cake we had at work yesterday. There is more in the fridge for today so I will have my yogurt instead at break-time. Go me! lol!

Food Plan for today:

- Activia yogurt, banana, berries, All Bran buds
- salad with chicken
- apple, maybe some almond butter with it
- 100 calorie snack
Not sure yet about dinner

oneLess
06-03-2010, 11:06 AM
Doing ok here. I went not completely off plan but on the highest end of my calorie allotment with a 1 slice bread, 1 tsp PB, and 1 cup nonfat milk last night.

Today will be better!

cfmama
06-03-2010, 11:11 AM
This morning I just finished a sandwich thin with 2 scrambled eggs, 1 LC wedge and some dijon mustard. I'll let you know how it holds me! i feel full full full so far.

WarMaiden
06-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Yesterday I was POP with exercise and food but completely exhausted by the end of the evening due to having to get up VERY early in order to get to work early, in order to leave early, in order to be able to make it to my older son's 8th grade graduation ceremony. So that, plus the usual having to get everything done last night to set up for today...

I overslept this morning by half an hour! I don't know why the alarm didn't go off. But in any case, despite oversleeping, I was still able to fit in 45 minutes of strength training and get to work quite on time, due to having done so much of my pre-work prep stuff last night. So today is looking fine; workout is done, food is prepped and packed, what I'm eating tonight is all planned, too.

girlonfire
06-03-2010, 01:45 PM
Here is my plan for today:

B: 1 cup Kashi go lean crunch, 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup skim milk(usually soy but we're out) and 8 oz calcium fortified OJ
L: 4 oz grilled chicken breast, 2 cups salad, 2 tbsp light dressing, 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes and persian cucumber, 1/2 cup blueberries
S: 1 tbsp peanut butter on a cracker
D: sandwich on light whole wheat bread with turkey breast, avocado, organic tomato, dijon mustard, 1 cup baby carrots
S(after workout): 1 hardboiled egg, 1 light mozzerella cheese stick

Exercise: 15 min biking, 15 min stairmaster, 30 min elliptical

momof5k
06-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Day Four Plan:

Breakfast: 1 cup grapes (done)
Lunch: 2 cups salad, 4 ounces grilled chicken (done)
Snack: 1 slice rye toast with 1/2 tablespoon peanut butter
Dinner: grilled asparagus, 6 ounces bbq pork tenderloin,
Snack: 1 cup blackberries, 1 cup raspberries, 1 FF/SF yogurt

FitGirlyGirl
06-03-2010, 05:48 PM
My day:
BF: 1.5 serving rice chex, vanilla soy milk, egg beaters with ff cheese, light yogurt - 395 cal.
L: PBJ on a sandwich thin, baby carrots, and an orange - 449 cal.
S: raw sugar snap peas - 43 cal.
D: Tamale loaf with ground turkey and salsa - 544 cal.
S: angel food cake and frozen berries - 210 cal.

Cal. Total - 1640

calluna
06-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Today:

Exercise
Lifting (upper body/abs), 40 mins
Stationary bike, 30 mins, 8.1 miles - easy ride. Real bike is getting tune-up...
running right after bike (brick! yay me!), 41 mins/3.1 mi aka 5k - 4.5 mph

Eating
raisin bran/coffee/milk
protein bar
celery w/real peanut butter
dinner - not sure yet about protein, including salad in it

EveLHaelf
06-04-2010, 07:42 AM
Still on plan and feeling good.

TOM started yesterday and I'm feeling fat, bloated, crampy, and depressed today. I got my 5 mile run in yesterday, but didn't have time for the hour of yoga x. Today is my run rest day before my 8 miles on saturday so I will do today's p90x workout (legs and back and ab ripperx) and then I will do the yoga x. I also have a hair appointment which I am excited about. I've decided to splurge and get some professional highlights and lowlights and a nice trim.

I have been starving at work! I eat my breakfast at 5am and by 8 i am soooo hungry! I have a protein shake with water and an apple and then at ten i am starving again so I have my lunch which is usually a chicken breast salad and that holds me until around 12 but i can't eat until 1230 because i work in the wonderful food service business and am waiting on customers constantly from 11 until 1230 when the next manager comes in. So I run off to the bathroom and take care of that and scarf down a luna bar and some hard boiled egg whites. I am constantly drinking water while at work too. So I'm really doing the best I can, I just hope its good enough. I really hate TOM I just feel so BLAH today! :?:

PeanutsMom704
06-04-2010, 08:00 AM
ended up eating some malted milk balls yesterday out of exhaustion leading to hunger and lack of willpower. Not tons, but it wasn't a planned treat that I fit into my day so regardless of how many calories, I cannot count it as a day on plan.

However, it seems like my son is finally on the mend and I got a full night's sleep last night for the first time this week. So this is a new day and I feel ok instead of exhausted and I'm getting right back on plan today!

GirlyGirlSebas
06-04-2010, 08:59 AM
Hi Friends. So far, so good with the food. Exercise? Not so much. I guess I need to face reality....no exercise = zero or very, very slow weight loss. I'm not sure why I'm so resistant to working out. It's just silly!

MyChoice2bfit
06-04-2010, 09:04 AM
I'd like to join this. My 30 day on plan goal measurement will be that I hit my daily calorie goal and my daily calorie burn goal with a goal of losing 4 lbs over that 4 week period. Starting today will take me to July 4th.

Hey Jude
06-04-2010, 10:22 AM
Rhonda, I am the same way. Food good, exercise not so much. This weekend I reslove to get my rear in gear and get in two good walks.

Other than that I am off to a good start. I might start counting calories again. I have kind of used an intuitive approach up to now. I have never found Fitday or the Daily Plate all that easy to use, but I might look into them again.

PeanutsMom704
06-04-2010, 10:37 AM
Brought my lunch for the first time this week! (this is only the third day this week I've been at work, but even still....)

Although I was glad to have the break from not preparing my lunch the past two days, I'm REALLY looking forward to my yummy salad.

PeanutsMom704
06-04-2010, 10:38 AM
re: exercise, I haven't been putting too much emphasis on it for a while. I was mostly off plan in April, and then May was my month to re-focus on healthy eating, which I did with just a few minor slips. So hopefully, June will be my month to start getting back into a habit of regular activity.

WarMaiden
06-04-2010, 11:06 AM
PeanutsMom, I'm glad to hear you were able to get a good night of sleep. That is just SO important to feeling good and being healthy.

Today I'm dragging. I was exhausted last night again after a POP day, which I'm sure has to do with the low calories--1650 is not a lot with my activity level. This morning's workout was difficult and I felt pretty weak and slow, but I did 35 minutes (metabolic interval workout). Today is my high food day, though, yay! For tonight's special dinner we're having shrimp scampi with French bread, plus broccoli and fresh fruit, and some wine.

About exercise--I often don't love doing it. But I have made a rock-solid commitment to myself to get up at 6 am every morning and just do it. There are mornings I really would prefer not to do it (like this morning), because I'm not a morning person and I don't perform well at that time of day; but I'm simply committed to getting it done. I know that if I try to leave exercising to the end of the day, after work, I just will not get it done. And getting it done (no matter how poorly I perform) is important to my health and my weight loss. Case in point, recent stats:

Month / Daily Avg Cals / Exercising? / Weight Lost
March / 1921 / No / 1
April / 2126 / Yes / 3
May / 2066 / Yes / 6

Of course, weight loss is not linear, but I have lots of months that back up these data. Exercise is extremely important.

Hope everyone has an awesome on-plan day!

cfmama
06-04-2010, 11:25 AM
My anniversary with my husband was LOVELY. LOTS of sashimi, very few rolls. I had a 100 calorie chocolate bar at the movies and even though I had budgeted for a whole small bar of popcorn I only ate HALF because I was stuffed from dinner! lol!!!!

I just finished a pb on 2 slices whole wheat bread and small banana for breakfast.

Lunch is tuna on LC and sour dough wasa bread with an applesauce.

I wish I could shake this cold! That would make my life easier!!!

TraceyElaine
06-04-2010, 12:07 PM
crazy busy day. wish I could elaborate more. Yesterday was OP but may have gone over a bit i had a WG toast and strawberries that i didn't plan for. I am doin of today but only got in 45 min of yoga. I would have prefered 90min but I'll make up for it tomorrow. I'm gonna be late for work.

PeanutsMom704
06-04-2010, 12:31 PM
Happy Anniversary cfmama!!

And thanks WarMaiden. I agree that sleep is crucial! I wish I could get up at 6 am and fit in a workout, but for me, it means committing to getting up between 5 and 5:30! I was doing it for a while though, so I'm hoping to get there again by the end of June.

cfmama
06-05-2010, 12:42 AM
Today was a good day... until dinner. And we went for Chinese and I intended on staying totally on plan (it's a GREAT buffet with lots of veggies.) I did eat a bowl of wonton soup that was NOT on my plan. However it only took me over by about 100 calories... so that was good. but I did eat something off plan... which is not good.

Tomorrow breakfast is a weight watchers bagel, 2 LCow wedges, small banana.

momof5k
06-05-2010, 01:14 AM
All told...not a bad day. It was my four year olds birthday today so he picked all the meals.

Breakfast: I had strawberries and ff/sf yogurt (he had fruit loops :) )
Lunch: We had a picnic so I brought myself a salad and had a few baked pretzels...then a little later I ate a protein bar
Dinner: sweet and sour ribs (his choice..so I had only a few) and a salad (I skipped the rice). Dessert was angel food cake with whipped cream and strawberries drizzled with chocolate (I had only the berries and a little bit of chocolate...like a teaspoon)
Snack was some raspberries and blackberries with ff/sf yogurt again.

I did have half of his Fibre One bar (he didn't want to finish it so I did :( ) and I had two small bites of my daughter's cake. All told, I did pretty well. After the little ones went to bed, my 12 year old and I went for a walk for almost and hour and a half so it was a pretty good day.

GirlyGirlSebas
06-05-2010, 09:18 AM
Phew! I made it past my usual self-indulgent Friday evening. So far, I'm 1 1/2 weeks on-plan and feeling just a bit stronger each day. :)

Have a great on-plan day!

Rochester
06-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Week One = OP Success. :dancer:

Food
Totally OP. I did eat dinner at McD's last night but I made "good" choices. :mcd:

Exercise
Rocked Week 1 of C25K!!!!! :running::running:
Still waiting on the DVDs I ordered so no Jillian Michaels or budokon. I picked up an ab toning DVD from the library and used that, but it was pretty lame. ;)

I feel fantastic. Amazing how much healthier I feel after just one week. :goodvibes

Tomorrow is weigh in day. :goodscale:

oneLess
06-05-2010, 01:46 PM
Yesterday was a success in my book even though I did have a hot fudge sundae. I didn't eat after 6, I drank enough water, my DH didn't eat after 6.

Today is going to be good too I just know it! So far so good.

PeanutsMom704
06-05-2010, 03:04 PM
did pretty well yesterday. I ended up picking up some steak to grill for supper. I think I'm probably anemic again since I've been craving red meat a lot lately.

Today is a little iffy, my son is doing much better but still spiked a fever yesterday afternoon so we'll be sticking pretty close to home today. Which means that there is a lot more food around that I'll have to work harder to resist. But I got in lots of good activity cleaning out the garage to make room for a handmedown fridge I'll be getting in a couple of weeks.

EveLHaelf
06-05-2010, 03:24 PM
Alright so yesterday was mostly on plan. I did great all day and then dinner became tacos. Instead of going on a week long binge like I normally would, I am right back on plan today. I did my p90x workout legs and back and am feeling pretty good. I'm not going to count yesterday since I wasn't completely 100% op so I'm back on day 5 today. I snuck a peek on the scale this morning and I am still at the same weight as 5 days ago 167. It is TOM though so I'm going to try to not let that bug me so much. That and I'm weight training too, so yeah. DH and I are going to the mall today and I'm thinking of things to pack with me so I'm not tempted by any restaurants. I'm so sick of being so controlled by food. RAR!

WarMaiden
06-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Was POP yesterday, which was my big calorie day. Got up this morning feeling lazy but did 55 mins strength training anyway. I've been working on cleaning my kitchen since having my yummy breakfast of 2 poached eggs, a big pile of stir-fried onion-broccoli-tomato-spinach, piece of toasted homemade whole wheat bread, and homemade mocha. I'm cranky though, because I wanted to have some fun with the kids today and other stuff has intervened :( Right now I'm feeling like everyone else in the family gets to go off and have summertime fun, while I work all week and then do housework on the weekend. It feels unfair.

Oh well.

FitGirlyGirl
06-05-2010, 04:22 PM
I have been crazy busy, but I am still on plan. There was a close call with some cake yesterday. I was at the counter with my debit card out. Luckily the cashier was busy and I had time to change my mind while I waited.

EveLHaelf
06-06-2010, 09:43 AM
:bravo: for not buying the cake!

Weekends are tough, but let's pull through this ladies!

PeanutsMom704
06-06-2010, 12:49 PM
slightly high on calories yesterday but higher than usual on calorie burn as well (per GWF), so I'm ok with it. Today will be back to normal - we'll be out and about for the rest of the day, so I should be fine with a decent amount of activity/burn and less immediate access to food.

PeanutsMom704
06-07-2010, 07:26 AM
Good job on plan yesterday, actually a bit low on calories since I ended up skipping lunch. Not deliberately, it just worked out that way. And back to the normal weekday routine today which is always easier.

EveLHaelf
06-07-2010, 07:42 AM
good job staying op, peanuts! The weekends are nice, but it's always good to get back into the normal weekly weightloss routine.

Hubby left yesterday. I miss him already! :( It's giving me time to clean up the house and it's sooo much easier to stay op though. I did an INSANITY workout yesterday after cleaning the kitchen to really loud music that gets me pumped up.

Starting week 2 of P90x today and I have a run as well. I need to make sure I do THIS! No talking myself out of it! GET IT DONE!

FitGirlyGirl
06-07-2010, 09:05 AM
I was POP yesterday and went hiking for about 4 hours and I'm still up .2 pounds today and that's annoying. My bootcamp starts today though, so hopefully things will head in the right direction again.

WarMaiden
06-07-2010, 10:50 AM
POP yesterday, which was a much happier day than Saturday. My husband and I resolved our fight during our early morning walk, our middle son actually made some really great progress in learning to ride his bike, and we took the kids swimming in the later part of the afternoon. Then, my husband and I cooked this completely awesome dinner of five spice chicken and cabbage salad with lemon-honey-soy-ginger dressing, plus broccoli with onions, and sweet potatoes. I had eaten fairly lightly most of the day and I was so READY to eat those mounds of veggies. Yum! I ended the day very slightly under 1800 calories, even.

It's another beautiful summer day out here. I've already biked in to work and will have my breakfast of scrambled eggs, cottage cheese, and mango shortly. Food is all planned out and movement is already happening.

Hope everyone has a wonderful on-plan day!

MyChoice2bfit
06-07-2010, 01:55 PM
I have been doing well staying on plan. I even had a milkshake on Saturday..I knew where we were going to dinner and that I would want one, so I declined the fries, had a small milkshake and planned it into my calories. Really, it wasn't that hard to plan--I think, no I KNOW, that I was just being lazy by not planning before and pretending that I would just start over the next day. I never did, because I never planned!

sarcruze
06-07-2010, 02:04 PM
Hi Everyone!!! I just barely saaw this thread, but I would like to join. I have been on plan since the first. I am trying to consume between 1300 - 1400 calories a day and exercise 5-6 days a week. So far so good. I have reached my mini goal of losing 52lbs. Woohoo!!! so I am extra motivated to stay on plan cos I am noticing results and loving it.lol

EveLHaelf
06-07-2010, 04:13 PM
Welcome sarcruze, and congrats on 52 pounds lost!

mychoice- good job on planning for that milkshake and indulging responsibly! I'm still struggling with that. I always just want to give in and just start back up tomorrow. But you did it! Congrats!

Just got home from work and had a tuna wrap and an orange. Letting that settle before I get start exercising.....

cfmama
06-07-2010, 04:17 PM
I had a weight watchers bagel this morning with 2 LC wedges and 1 cup of pineapple.

Lunch was a pack of funcheez (cheese cut into fish shapes.. lol!) 1 can of tuna mixed with mustard and lemon pepper seasoning on 3 sour dough wasa breads, and a small peach.

I'm feeling good about today. I hope to get in a walk tonight or do a WATP video. I have 2 daycare interviews to conduct in the next two days so I have to sh*tkick my house tonight big big time!!

GirlyGirlSebas
06-07-2010, 05:41 PM
Hi Friends. I had a great weekend and managed to stay on-plan. Saturday, we took my MIL out for her B-day dinner. I looked up the restaurant's nutrition information and planned my meal before we even left. Friday evenings and eating out are the two times when I've always fallen off plan. Not this time! Then, when we came back home, the family had b-day cake. I passed on that and had a fresh mango with cottage cheese instead. My mango was perfectly ripe and delicious!

WarMaiden
06-07-2010, 05:55 PM
Friday evenings and eating out are the two times when I've always fallen off plan. Not this time!

:high: Great work! Doesn't it feel awesome?

FitGirlyGirl
06-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Fava Beans: I am in love with Fava beans. Hubby decided he wanted Liver with Fava Beans and Chianti (yes, we're a little nutty). Well, it was the first time I've had fava beans. I had them again for lunch today. So far today I have eaten 1966 calories and burned 3727, so I am POP. TOM also showed up today, so I know why the scale was evil. Hopefully it will be nicer in the morning.

momof5k
06-07-2010, 11:55 PM
I had a difficult weekend with my four year olds birthday Friday and then his party Sunday. I did manage to avoid all the cake and ice cream and ate tons of fresh fruit and veggies and we bbq'd chicken for supper with rons of salads.

I did dip into to the chip bowl more than I should have but, all things considered I did pretty well. Today, I was on plan with the exception of a little mroe yogurt than planned. But at 35 calories per 100 grams, it didn't add up to too much extra.

Now if only my scale would start reflecting!

TraceyElaine
06-08-2010, 07:03 AM
Last night I had chips and gingerale. OP all this time and then after a very stressful weekend at work I caved. I also think the TOM is comming and that is usualy when it becomes difficult to keep Op. I plan to stay Op today. I always fall off but I never stop trying. I'm not giving up but am very sad that I let myself mess up my 30 days.

matt_H
06-08-2010, 07:15 AM
What a schmuck I am!

I took a break from this website for a little while and totally missed this thread. Thank you Tammy! :)

I haven't been perfect so far, but I have been relatively good. As of this morning I'm up 6 pounds from my lowest. I was up around 15 right when I first got back from San Francisco. I'm more than half way back to where I was and hope to get there before the 30 days are up.

Thank you for starting this!!! I'm back here now and will check in.

EveLHaelf
06-08-2010, 07:44 AM
Hi Matt, welcome back!

Tracey, don't get discouraged! You are doing awesome because you aren't giving up! I went off plan the other day, and i just didn't count that day for my 30 days. Don't beat yourself up about it, just keep pushing forward. :hug:

momof5k- Well done on passing up all the cake and icecream! That's awesome.

I am surprised at how little temptation there is for me to eat off plan when dh isn't around. It's crazy! I just need to get rid of the temptation when he is around and I'll be good to go!

My half marathon is just around the corner! My training plan has me starting to taper so my runs will be shorter this week (3, 3, and 2.5 and my 'long run' of 6 on saturday) so I will fit in some extra cardio, possibly insanity!

Three miles today, and a p90x workout. And I plan on going to the grocery store to pick up some necessities and continue to work on cleaning the house. I wish I was off work already! BAH!

GirlyGirlSebas
06-08-2010, 08:34 AM
Good morning, Friends.:coffee: I'm still on-plan and enjoying myself. Last evening, I actually walked/wogged on the treadmill for an hour.

:high: Great work! Doesn't it feel awesome?Yes, it really does. :) I feel amazing already. I can only dream of how good I'll feel as more weight comes off.

Fava Beans: I am in love with Fava beans. Hubby decided he wanted Liver with Fava Beans and Chianti (yes, we're a little nutty).Would your husband's name happen to be Hannibal?:D

Now if only my scale would start reflecting!Hang in there!

I always fall off but I never stop trying.This is why you will be successful!

I am surprised at how little temptation there is for me to eat off plan when dh isn't around.It's tough. My kids are home for the summer and can't understand why there isn't a ton of junk in the house for them to munch on. They don't understand that I'm looking out for everyone. The whole family is overweight.

Rock on, Friends!

FitGirlyGirl
06-08-2010, 08:47 AM
Tracey - You didn't mess up 30 days, you messed up 1 night and it happens to everyone sometimes. Just get back to it and forget about yesterday.

Matt - Welcome aboard!

GirlyGirl - It was beef, I promise! We were watching the movie during dinner though, told you - we're nutty. It was good, though I don't like chianti apparently, so I only had about 2 oz.

Well, yesterday ended with 1966 calories in and 4019 calories burned for a deficit of 2053 - definitely POP. Today is another gorgeous day and I'm about to head out there and start burning.

cfmama
06-08-2010, 11:14 AM
Yah. Last night was epic fail night. I did awesome all day and then had peanut butter and crackers... LOTS of peanut butter and crackers. And a granola bar. A slice of cheese and a hot chocolate. I fell deep and hard into bad habits ...

Today WILL BE A BETTER DAY. I've had my bagel and LC wedges. Going to eat my banana. Will get in some exercise.

I'm stressed beyond all recognition... three daycare interviews this week (holding them... I need families for september) dance recital, kids auditioning for company, placing an older dog in a pet home, really sick daycare kids etc etc etc etc etc. I cracked. it sucked. food will not fix my problems. Repeat a million times.

WarMaiden
06-08-2010, 11:18 AM
I am pretty tired today, but the day is all planned out food-wise and I've already done my workout. (Which I sucked at, but I did get it done.) The whole family is adjusting to the summertime schedule--the kids get to stay up a little later, but that means my time alone and with my husband in the evening gets really cramped. Also, my work schedule has flexed to 9 hour days M-Th and a half day on Friday for the rest of the summer...which is awesome on Fridays but pretty brutal during the week. On top of all that, being in a significant calorie deficit really affects my sleep, so I haven't slept well at all the past two nights.

So today I'm going to just kind of survive, but continue on plan.

Hope y'all have a good day on plan and are able to also weather whatever life may be throwing at you.

EveLHaelf
06-09-2010, 07:26 AM
Last night was also an epic fail for me.

I went to the gym for my run and about 2.5 miles in my stupid knee starts to hurt and it being this close to the race, i stopped right away, walked at bit but since it was still hurting i stopped. I had to go to the grocery store to get some oatmeal and more lc wedges and that was a bad idea....I was hungry and I wanted to buy EVERYTHING. I managed not to buy anything and head up to the checkout but i was grumpy and wanting to throw a hissey fit. And as usual the line I pick is the slowest moving line because the lady in front of me has 30 coupons (at the SELF checkout) and her payment card was declined 5 times before she decided to try cash. So I get my stuff, pay and leave but am sooooo aggravated, tired, emotional and as usual I ended up bingeing and going off plan, I don't even try to stop it. I think I'm afraid of my inner child that wants to scream and kick and fight when she doesn't get her way or something....I'm afraid to tell her NO. That crap needs to stop. I'm trying not to be hard on myself, but I feel like I've been so easy on myself latlely with going off plan. ARGH! The only good news is I'm right back on plan today. I'm not letting myself go on a week long binge.

Work is irritating me, me being alone while dh is gone is irritating me....I'm just irritated. Food is not COMFORT! I need to find something else!

Hope everyone else is having an easier time.

FitGirlyGirl
06-09-2010, 07:47 AM
Cfmama - sorry you are having so much stress. It is true, food will not fix it, only make it worse. Today is a new day. :hug:

WarMaiden - It’ll be Friday soon! :)

Eve - I am sorry that you are also having a hard time. I hope today goes better for you. :hug:

Yesterday I had 2060 calories in and 4107 calories burned for a deficit of 2047. I was down .8 this morning to 169.8. I’m just glad to be back under that 170 and I’m hoping to stay that way. I hate TOM! I’m not sure that I’m going to be able to get my 4,000 burn today because I have to fix my resume and see why the school board's online application system thinks I am only eligible for p-2 jobs and not p-6 which is what I should be. We’re talking about an outdated government system here. Who knows how long that will take!

Rosinante
06-09-2010, 08:22 AM
So far I've manage all 10 days of this challenge, and 17 all together. I'm hoping I'm retraining my head...

PeanutsMom704
06-09-2010, 08:22 AM
on plan yesterday including a planned sushi dinner which I hadn't had in forever and was so delicious.

Today in the other hand? I've got a 7 hour meeting and lunch is going to be provided but the odds it will be something OP are minimal. So I'll just have to do my best and be careful about portions and hope for the best.

GirlyGirlSebas
06-09-2010, 08:36 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about some of your struggles. Keep going! Each of you are so very worth the benefit of being healthy and feeling great!

Peanutsmom - I have been craving sushi! I may need to plan a sushi meal. I'm kind of nervous about deviating from planned menu. I'll have to decide if I feel strong and in control enough yet.

So far, so good. I'm still hanging in there. Maybe, just maybe...I'm creating a new lifestyle for myself. Well, it's about darn time! LOL

PeanutsMom704
06-09-2010, 10:40 AM
I went by these sites to estimate the calories. We got 4 rolls split between two people, and based on the specific ones we got, I'm estimating my dinner was about 750 calories including ginger, wasabi and soy sauce. That's a little high for me since lunch is normally my big meal for the day, but I planned around this and I think that can reasonably be planned for by most people.

http://www.lose-weight-with-us.com/calories-in-sushi.html
http://homepage3.nifty.com/maryy/eng/calorie.htm

bumbee
06-09-2010, 11:04 AM
I am back.I went off track the last couple of months.I am only drinking one day a week, I thought a bottle of wine had only440 calories but I recently learned it is 750 wow . I started at 315 pounds went down all the way to 202,now I am back up to 222,yuck.I am putting my head down and getting back to work.No more then 1200 calories a day at leased one hour cardio and 3 day with weights . TODAY IS GOING TO BE MY BEST DAY EVER

WarMaiden
06-09-2010, 11:32 AM
:hug: to everyone. It's hard, isn't it? But let's keep at it.

POP yesterday, have my plan down to be POP today. Being at this calorie deficit is so hard for me--poor sleep, muscle aches, general tiredness, and a feeling of being stressed out from the diet itself. (And if you recall, I am eating 1800 cals on average! This is why I don't go even lower, I would really be unable to function.) Thoughts of eating over my calories are creeping in, and I'm beginning to fantasize about my next maintenance break (which I think I will take sometime toward the end of July). But I'm losing VERY well for me right now, so that's helping me stay on track.

I each of y'all are able to find some sanity and peace and comfort today, while staying on plan.

matt_H
06-09-2010, 12:51 PM
My weight has been fluctuating around quite a bit. Today was the lowest its been since starting this challenge. I'm still up around 5 pounds from my absolute lowest.

cfmama
06-09-2010, 01:08 PM
I'm doing a smoothie day today... I just feel kind of bunged up so this will help. I'm currently sipping some peppermint tea and trying to feel good about today.

My daycare interview went AWESOME last night and they have already responded saying they will take the two spots. I have another interview tonight and one on Monday.

My 4 year old son made my morning by saying "mama? You're a skinny mama!!!" ... all mama's are either "fat mama's" or "skinny mama's" and it's not a rude thing... it's an observation thing. We've talked multiple times about how some people don't like that word and would prefer not to be called fat...

but it did make my morning...

girlonfire
06-09-2010, 02:34 PM
Ugh I just did all my personals and then when I went to post, I lost them! So for now, I am just going to give everyone some :hug: to keep on trucking!

I stayed mostly OP yesterday,I was still hungry after my workout and even after my planned post-workout snacks(1 stalk celery w/1 laughing cow wedge, 2 pieces dark chocolate w/1tsp pb) so I added in a light mozzerella stick to keep from eating the HUGE eclair my mom brought home with *all* my favorite flavors in it...UGH! But, I pushed through the temptation and stayed on plan! I think I said this in some other thread, but that eclair will taste *so* much better on my birthday after I've lost weight :)

sarcruze
06-09-2010, 10:34 PM
The last couple of days I've been eating a lil bit more then usual. I think its cos its that T.O.M. for me right now. I usually stay between 1300-1400 calories but the last two days its been 1600-1700. The foods I've been eating have all been healthy. I haven't stirred off plan just been eating a lil bit more. My body today felt a lil sluggish so I don't think I worked out hard enough. HOpefully tomorrow will be a better day. I just need a boost

Rosinante
06-10-2010, 05:51 AM
cfmama - what a great compliment! and so well-deserved!

matt_H
06-10-2010, 07:00 AM
Tonight I have plans to go out for dinner. I hate getting off my routine when things have been doing well. Maybe I'll try to cut back a little bit on breakfast and lunch and at least try to order the healthiest thing.

The last time I went out with this person we got Italian and that was BAD. I love the bread and butter and the portions where huge.

My rule tonight was no Italian. Hopefully we will go to a Thai place or Indian so I can at least get something relatively healthy.

I'm up about 4 pounds from my lowest.

GirlyGirlSebas
06-10-2010, 07:46 AM
I had to work late yesterday, so hubby took the kids out for a while. The kids came back with Wendy's and Hubby had Subway. He didn't call to ask if I wanted anything and they didn't offer me anything when they arrived. :cb: I think they're learning! :)

FitGirlyGirl
06-10-2010, 08:47 AM
I was POP yesterday with a calorie deficit of 2419. 1747 in and 4166 burned.

Girlygirl - That is awesome that they are learning. You're proud of them for not sharing - too cute!

PeanutsMom704
06-10-2010, 10:33 AM
yesterday did not go well. I had to do some fasting bloodwork at work and was so focused on not eating before then plus not bringing my lunch because of a work lunch that I forgot to bring breakfast! So I ended up eating the snacks that were provided after the bloodwork - low fat but low protein and high carb. Then the lunch that I had as part of a meeting was specialty sandwiches that I didn't even really like and of course, already had mayo, etc. with no real way to avoid. And plus even though I ate it, because I didn't like it, it wasn't satisfying so I ate the chips too as I was hungry.

Bleargh. I haven't even bothered to try to calculate it all, I know it was high.

I guess I'll have to just keep counting to get 30 cumulative days OP rather than consecutive ones, I already had at least one other missed day, but I'm just going to keep going. 30 days out of 32 or 35 on plan is certainly a whole lot better than doing 10 days perfectly but then giving up if I have one off plan day, which is what I would have always done before.

WarMaiden
06-10-2010, 07:35 PM
On plan yesterday, on plan today. But boy am I looking forward to the weekend, when I will bump my calories up--according to plan! My body is just very tired due to the deficit. (I suspect I may have actually been a little over-ambitious with my deficit plan this month :/ )

GirlyGirlSebas
06-11-2010, 09:26 AM
Hi Friends! :coffee: I'm still holding on. I just with the scales wood reward my good behavior. Stupid piece of scrap metal!

Rosinante
06-11-2010, 10:00 AM
still 100% on plan. what I promise is that, if I get on the scales tomorrow (it's been a Whole Week :O ) and there's no loss or a gain, I WILL still stay on plan and not jump into dietary oblivion!

matt_H
06-11-2010, 10:01 AM
Big jump overnight on the scale. Back up around 7 pounds from my very lowest. I went out last night for middle eastern and ate more than usual. Today I hope to be back on plan.

PeanutsMom704
06-11-2010, 10:22 AM
yesterday was ok but I'm working up to getting on the scale because I can tell by clothing I have not lost anything. The idea of taking a scale break was so that I could get far enough below 220 to feel comfortably in the teens and not have to keep fighting that particular psychological barrier but I have a suspicion it's backfired. So I think I'm going to keep working on my 30 days but go back to daily weigh ins and give myself that accountability and I'm going to just have to learn to deal with numbers that are significant to me like breaking (and staying below!) 220, and all the other milestones I have to look forward to.

WarMaiden
06-11-2010, 10:45 AM
Today is my short day at work. Biked in, hard ride with a headwind, but it's a beautiful day. In addition to being my short work day, today is also my BIG CALORIE DAY, woohoo! I'm actually really proud of myself for staying on plan over the low-calorie days these past two weeks, because it's very difficult for me, and there's a definite voice in my head that says, "Oh come on, fifty or a hundred extra calories won't kill your whole plan...you're -hungry-!" The big-calorie day is kind of a reward for sticking it out.

So, 100% on plan yesterday, will be 100% on plan today. Hope everyone else has an AWESOME Friday!

cfmama
06-11-2010, 10:50 AM
well today is FRIDAY and that means a weekend commitment to eating healthfully!

FitGirlyGirl
06-11-2010, 02:10 PM
Yesterday was POP. 1765 calories in, 4041 calories burned, 2276 deficit. I am taking a day off of the huge calorie burn today since I have severe cramps and a major headache. So today POP for me will mean my normal 1650 calories in and 2650 burned. So far all is well.

momof5k
06-11-2010, 11:51 PM
I am still plugging along and was rather pleasantly surprised by my scale this morning...hope it wasn't a fluke!

Less than 5 pounds to goal!!!

I going on a spa yoga retreat with some girl friends tomorrow so I know that I will be off plan then but we are also doing 2 two hour yoga sessions so it won't be all gluttony! I SO need this time away...I have been counting the hours since mid-week.

Have a lovely weekend all!

cfmama
06-12-2010, 01:03 AM
Today I was almost totally on plan. I did add butter to the pasta that I made tonight (but just 2 T TOTAL for the five of us) and I had an extra 1/2 cup of the pasta but that all told only put me at 1600 calories so I am good to go... of course those old feelings of "well you ALREADY ate more than you SHOULD HAVE you might as well just eat what you want!" cropped up and I SQUASHED THOSE BUGGERS DOWN!!!!

Tomorrow night is my daughters make your own pizza/pj movie party. I have planned to have a cup of really good idea cream. I can handle the sugars in ice cream more than I can control the candy/cupcake beast.

Have a great weekend all!

GirlyGirlSebas
06-12-2010, 10:40 AM
Good morning, Friends! :coffee: Anyone else glad to see Saturday come around. I have so much to do and not enough time during the week.

Last evening, Hubby and I went out for sushi. It was a planned outing for me. I maintained control and had a diet coke instead of a glass of the yummy plum wine. Then, we stopped to pick up the requested ice cream for the girls. I didn't guy them a big container. I bought the little ones that will be gone in a couple of servings. And, no ice cream was bought for me! :D I'm feeling stronger and stronger with each victory and very hopeful of reaching my goal this time around.

Have a great on-plan day!

WarMaiden
06-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Got up early as usual this morning, did my strength training (even though I really didn't want to, I wanted badly to go back to bed), then fixed myself my Saturday-morning mega meal which I look forward to all week long. This morning it was a stir-fried veggie medley of onions, mushrooms, grape tomatoes, broccoli, and spinach; a piece of homemade whole wheat bread, toasted; two poached eggs; and half an avocado. So delicious and sustaining. I'm about to have my homemade mocha next.

Then I will be all powered up to get some housework done!

Last night was a little hard for me, even though it was my big calorie day, I wanted to eat even more than I was eating :/ But I restrained myself and I'm glad I did.

The rest of today is mostly planned out--I'll eat my usual foods. We may take the kids to a movie this afternoon, and I'll perhaps take some dark chocolate with me to nibble there if we do. Movement for the rest of the day is going to include the housework, plus helping my son practice riding his bike, and maybe an evening walk with the family.

Hope everyone has a great, fun, productive, on-plan Saturday!

PeanutsMom704
06-12-2010, 12:09 PM
slightly high yesterday, choosing to eat some steak for supper - I definitely need to get more consistent about taking my iron!!

And I weighed in this morning - just about where I was at my last WI the end of May which I guess isn't awful because I was feeling more pudgy than that. Still have some ground to make up to get back to ticker weight but not as much as I was afraid. And as I posted in a different thread, I fit into a clothing size I would not have expected to fit into, so I'm probably more sensitive to the pudge feeling than the reality.

I'm going to start doing some strength training, I ordered another copy of Strong Women Stay Young, because mine got lost. So that will hopefully be next week once the book gets here. It's a first step, at least!

sarcruze
06-12-2010, 12:29 PM
Good Morning Ladies!!! Well, I work overnights so last night around 2am I went to Denny's and had breakfast/lunch. I had 3 scrambled eggs with cheese, hashbrowns, turkey bacon, chicken sausage patty, and wheat toast. The waiter kept trying to tempt me to buy dessert, but I said no, even though the oreo pie looked delicious.lol. I added up my breakfast and it was almost 1000 calories. HOLY MOLY!!! So in a lil bit I am definitely hitting the gym hard. I just finished eating 3 pretzel rods so I can be energized for the gym. I've been losing a lb or two almost everyday. I can't believe this is happening, especially since it is that T.O.M. for me. I just hope it continues to stay that way, cos three more lbs I will be hitting the 60lb loss mark. WOoHoo!! I hope all of u have a wonderful day and stay focused. Don't let the weekend set u off track.

bythenumbers
06-12-2010, 07:57 PM
THis morning, my weight and my ticker are the same again! YEAH!

So, how do I celebrate? I went to the Y to do the beginning step class, so I can ease myself into an exercise class instead of just the treadmill/elliptical routine I have been doing. The lady who does the beginning class wasn't there but the one who does the beginning spin class was and talked me into to trying it. Yup you ready that right. ME in a SPIN class, 30 minutes, sweat running down and dripping on the floor and bike. I thought I would have to lose at least 50lb before attempting that, but it was actually fun! Ok, not FUN fun but I felt successful and am looking forward to more. My behind on the other hand.... well, it isn't happy with me at the moment, even with the pillow seat I am on, but that's ok, because I have not been very happy with my behind for a number of years~payback :)

PeanutsMom704
06-13-2010, 10:21 AM
at some point, I need to go back and count up my days so I can keep track of how many I "owe" back to get my 30. Yesterday was good - even though we were pretty much stuck inside for the day with bad weather, I was able to keep on track.

I experimented with having a small bowl of Shredded Oats for breakfast but also having my egg whites with it and that seemed to make a difference for me. Cereal is often a trigger for me to eat too much later on but this time with the added protein, I was fine until my usual lunch. I won't be having cereal on a regular basis, but it's something I like so I'm glad I'm figuring out how I can work it into my life while still staying on plan.

The other thing that is exciting is that I'm getting my handmedown extra fridge today. That will make it easier to keep enough of my healthy foods on hand and less chance of running out of something and not being able to stay on plan as easily.

FitGirlyGirl
06-13-2010, 10:40 AM
Friday was mostly on plan. I did not burn as many calories as I intended, but my food was good. Yesterday was POP. Why is it that my reward for all this is to bounce between 167.5 and 170 for 2 weeks? grrrrrr

WarMaiden
06-13-2010, 11:44 AM
Yesterday was one of my 1800 calorie days, so after that and Friday's big calorie day (2400), I am feeling pretty rested and recovered and full of energy now. Already did 1.25 hours biking :bike2: out on the wooded creek paths in the beautiful sunshiny morning :sunny: with my husband, swung by a local bakery on our bikes and brought croissants home for the family, then ate most of a plain croissant and had a homemade mocha :coffee2: The rest of the day includes some minor housework, taking the kids to a movie :corn:, and my food is already almost completely planned out.

Hope everyone has a fabulous on-plan day, full of rest, relaxation, productivity, love, and all other sorts of good stuff! :grouphug:

PeanutsMom704
06-14-2010, 10:47 AM
good day yesterday - it's always easier when we are out of the house all day! lol!

And I'm feeling good because I've got my prep done for the next few days and can relax and enjoy my yummy, healthy foods.

WarMaiden
06-14-2010, 02:32 PM
Hey, where is everyone? We're only halfway done. But, we're HALFWAY DONE, and great work so far! :)

Yesterday I was on plan, today my plan is all planned out already. Biked to work, food is packed, yadda yadda the usual. I'm trying to figure out how I am going to handle my next big calorie day, this coming Friday; my husband and I want to try out this new Indian restaurant which has a lunch buffet, and take the kids along. I guess I'll have to do some research on what are the best choices, though I am also definitely going to include some naan in what I eat. Getting precise calorie counts won't be possible either...but again, that's my big calorie day, so it should be OK.

Hope y'all are having a good day.

cfmama
06-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Oh I'm here! Still trucking along. Took my measurements yesterday and they were pretty much the same as last month... I'm bummed about that... but HEY. I COULD be gaining so I guess maintaining is where it's at for now.

GirlyGirlSebas
06-14-2010, 02:47 PM
I'm still here and still on-plan. My weight loss has slowed down quite a bit. I need to get serious about the exercise if I really want better weekly numbers.

momof5k
06-14-2010, 06:04 PM
I was as "on plan" as I planned to be while on my girlfriends weekend getaway. More wine and snacks than really on plan would be but still made some good choices and had tons of fun!!

Now...back to the real world. :)

matt_H
06-15-2010, 06:25 AM
It will be so nice to at least get back to where I was. Right now I seem to keep gaining and then losing what I gained, but still not getting back to new territory. I'm still up 5 pounds from my lowest. I really wanted to be at goal weight by my birthday and now I'll be lucky just to get back to where I was.

Tomorrow night is going to be test for me as I have a social meetup thing that I organize at a local bar. My plan is to not drink as I don't really need the empty calories and to eat something healthy before I show up so I won't be tempted by the high calorie/ fat foods.

WarMaiden
06-15-2010, 11:19 AM
I felt surprisingly energetic and less-hungry yesterday, despite it being one of my low-calorie days. It was a gorgeous day for doing my bike commute.

Today is another beautiful day, to which I woke up at 5:30 to do 50 minutes of strength-training (which was a really great workout, I was feeling quite strong and capable), then skedaddle along to work by 7:30. Food is planned and packed and I'm feeling good.

My weight is holding pretty steady over the last week or so, so I'm hopeful and expecting a whoosh downwards soon.

Rosinante
06-15-2010, 11:37 AM
Still 100% on plan. Some days it feels natural, other days it feels like when I learned to swim: I could swim a width of the pool and no more: I could only swim as far as I could hold my breath, so had to keep going frantically til I got to the other side. Some days being on plan feels like that - a hint of desperation but, so far, I've got to the other side.

Total days on plan - 22, 10.6lbs lost.

WarMaiden
06-15-2010, 11:57 AM
Still 100% on plan. Some days it feels natural, other days it feels like when I learned to swim: I could swim a width of the pool and no more: I could only swim as far as I could hold my breath, so had to keep going frantically til I got to the other side. Some days being on plan feels like that - a hint of desperation but, so far, I've got to the other side.

Total days on plan - 22, 10.6lbs lost.

But you don't still swim like that, right? ;) You're doing fabulously well!

GirlyGirlSebas
06-16-2010, 09:35 AM
Good morning, Friends! I'm still on-plan and gradually losing. My only struggle is with making myself workout like I need to. I'm a stubborn one.

matt_H
06-16-2010, 09:46 AM
This morning I was back down to only 3 pounds up from my lowest. Near territory will hopefully be soon!

calluna
06-16-2010, 10:13 AM
Hey, all...

Back from travel in the lower 48 (two conferences back to back). I stepped on the scale this morning cringing...it's 6 lbs higher than what I think of as my current weight - hopefully more of the fluid weight will drop in the next few days and I'll see if there really was any "damage" done.

In the meantime, I'll drink lots of water and get back into my routine!

WarMaiden
06-16-2010, 11:04 AM
Morning, folks! Good to see everyone's progress.

I got up feeling great and had a good bike ride to work this morning. Food is planned and packed...I know that's so redundant, but that's how I do it every day. Everything gets packed the night before and planned out in FitDay as far as possible (sometimes my husband doesn't know what we'll be having for dinner the next day) so that I'm completely ready to go in the mornings without fussing about details.

Weight was down 0.5 lbs this morning so perhaps I am dropping again.

PeanutsMom704
06-16-2010, 11:34 AM
Monday was off plan, no particular reason other than just not following through with the plan. Yesterday was ok - not all the best possible choices but not off plan either.

I'm doing fine for breakfast and lunch, everything is planned and packed and no deviations. It's mostly that I'm more munchy at home and sometimes get carried away. I think it's probably hormonal (mid-cycle/ovulation) and hopefully, I will be less tempted in another day or two.

Dumplin
06-16-2010, 07:44 PM
I am new to this tread but would like to come here for the the next couple of weeks or so . I am going to a wedding July 4th and would like to lose a few pounds before then. If its ok with everyone I will post my today's weight 229. I would like to lose 10 lbs before the wedding. Good Luck everyone!!!

sarcruze
06-16-2010, 08:24 PM
Hey everyone!!! Well it was my T.O.M last week and during that time I had lost five lbs and got down to 236. The day after my period ended I gained 2lbs even though I had been staying on plan and only consuming 1300 calories and exercising my butt off. I was hoping it was a muscle gain.lol. Well, yesterday I consumed 1800 calories and had 2 beers. All of the food I ate was healthy except for the 2beers.lol. This morning I woke up and I was back down to 236.lol. I thought that was just plain weird. Maybe I need to up my calories a bit or something. What do u guys think?

Dumplin
06-17-2010, 07:44 AM
I guess I am in. I am so ready to get fired up today. Look out wedding. I wanna look my best !!!!

GirlyGirlSebas
06-17-2010, 10:37 AM
Hi Friends. I'm still on-plan. Last evening, I got on the treadmill for 30 minutes of walking/wogging. Hopefully, the added exercise will speed up the weight loss.

WarMaiden
06-17-2010, 10:57 AM
I was still hungry after I ate my planned dinner last night :( And I really wanted to EAT MORE! But I didn't. I just had some water, and then waited to have my pre-bedtime cup of hot cocoa. Pretty sure this is my normal monthly hormonal fluctuation hitting...I am generally extra-hungry for a day or two midway between ovulation and my period starting.

Today I'm on plan and all packed and yadda yadda. Tomorrow is my big calorie day and I am SO looking forward to it! We're going to take the family out to an Indian food buffet for lunch, nom nom nom.

Rhonda - I'm sure you'll see that the exercise helps your loss! I really can't lose consistently or at a good rate any more without daily exercise, even though I get a ton of other movement and even when I'm controlling my calories. Exercise just really pumps up my metabolism (not to mention it makes me feel wonderful).

PeanutsMom704
06-17-2010, 11:15 AM
on plan yesterday. Today, it will be borderline. I was up at 4:30 am, so I ended up having 2 breakfasts today, but my normal breakfast is very low cal so as long as I stay on plan the rest of the day, I should still be ok. Just depends on whether I can control those evening munchies. Yesterday worked out ok, and maybe today, I'll be so tired I'll just go to bed early! lol!

cfmama
06-17-2010, 11:20 AM
Up for the day. Had my morning smoothie and am ready to CUT SUGAR OUT AGAIN.

I've let it creep back in and the CRAVINGS are insane. I have to go cold turkey again. Starting this very minute. I have a feeling that the one in a while sugar treats are also contributing to my plateau. so... it's gone. I'm totally okay with it. It was more like laziness than anything else.

WarMaiden
06-17-2010, 11:42 AM
Up for the day. Had my morning smoothie and am ready to CUT SUGAR OUT AGAIN.

I've let it creep back in and the CRAVINGS are insane. I have to go cold turkey again. Starting this very minute. I have a feeling that the one in a while sugar treats are also contributing to my plateau. so... it's gone. I'm totally okay with it. It was more like laziness than anything else.

:hug: Sugar's such a demon. It's amazing how it can sneak in and take hold again. I'm sure you'll see progress again in no time!

cfmama
06-17-2010, 03:14 PM
I'm hoping so warmaiden... it is crazy how quickly it can sneak back in. and you think that you can handle it... and then you wonder why you are wanting to eat the HOUSE and why is this so hard and blah blah blah... and then it's like a light goes off... SUGAR. Right... lol!

Rosinante
06-18-2010, 03:44 AM
But you don't still swim like that, right? ;) You're doing fabulously well!

Actually, never did learn to swim any better :( . I'm just not brave enough to learn how to float, so I can swim lengths but only within finger reach of the side. Sigh.

So - I'm working hard with the weightloss to be brave enough to go out into deep water! :D

GirlyGirlSebas
06-18-2010, 09:53 AM
Hi Friends. I'm still going strong. I've been on the treadmill for the last two evenings. Hopefully, the exercise will start showing up on the scales and the measuring tape soon.

Tammy - Sugar triggers my cravings and hunger every time. I've had to learn that my body is just different. It's not a fun lesson, but one that needed to be learned. You've come too far to let the dang sugar derail you! Don't try to prove to yourself that you can control it. It's not worth the effort.

Have a great on-plan day.

cfmama
06-18-2010, 11:27 AM
Yesterday was a lovely sugar free day. Today will be even better! My original goal was to lose 200 lbs in two years... well I have 20ish to go. I'd love to do that this summer. So I am starting a 10K running program and adding heavy lifting to my resistance training. Wish me luck!!! Somethings gotta budge!!!!

WarMaiden
06-18-2010, 03:19 PM
cfmama, I bet the heavy resistance training does it for you. I think it's a miracle what it does for me!

Last night was rough for me again. I was extra-hungry due to where I am in my cycle. So I took the 300 extra calories that I will have from my average 1800 this month and ate them. It felt like such a relief!

Today...well, I got called in for jury duty. But did my morning workout and am eating on plan anyway. Tonight will be Thai food instead of the Indian lunch buffet I'd wanted to do, since it's still my high-calorie day.

calluna
06-19-2010, 12:20 PM
I'm relieved to report that my weight is back to where it should be after my travels. It hasn't stabilized - since Tuesday morning the scale has gone from 213 back to 204, and weights not even close to each other two days running.

It would be totally ironic if it took two weeks of travel and several thousand airline miles followed by some truly amazing bloat to break me out of the stall I was in and get me to Onederland.

cfmama
06-19-2010, 12:56 PM
Yesterday was a GREAT on plan day DESPITE the fact that we had dance recital last night and was surrounding but all sorts of goodies. Yah!

Today is two more performances and I have snacks and food already packed :)

sarcruze
06-19-2010, 05:20 PM
Well, I upped my calories from 1300 to 1500. I have been working out with more intenisty and resistance and I wasn't losing any weight when I was only eating 1300 calories. So, we will see if this works out for me. I am crossing my fingers that it does. I have still been eating on plan. I went to Denny's last night and had an all american slam but changed the whole dish to egg whites, turkey bacon, and a chicken sausage pattie instead of the regular items. I still ate the hash browns and toast of course but all in all I've been doing good. I hope when I wake up tonight that I will have lost a pound or two. 2 more lbs to lose and I will reach a loss of 60lbs. I'm gonna pray for a 2lb loss.lol. Everyone cross their fingers and pray for me.lol. :D

matt_H
06-20-2010, 08:46 PM
I'm such a bad 3fc'er. I haven't been here for days. Today I finally saw a weight that was into new territory. It seemed like months for that to happen. Hopefully I'll really make a push now and be within 10 pounds before the end of the month.

Rosinante
06-21-2010, 02:25 AM
Just beginning the 21st day of this challenge, and 28th day of the current WOE. About to get weighed after nature's taken its course.

All the Sugar Talk really resonates with me - apart from what every sugar might be in the natural foods I'm eating, I've not had any and not missed any - but I know that one cookie, one mars bar, and I'd be lost.

My body can't take me failing it again; in fact, some days, when I have little darknesses, I worry that I'll die of my weight before I finish getting rid of it. (There's happy for a Monday morning!)

GirlyGirlSebas
06-21-2010, 09:52 AM
I did not do well with staying on-plan this past weekend. I let the evil sugar come to play. I had a horrible headache yesterday and I believe I've learned my lesson. Today, I'm back on-plan 100%.

cfmama
06-21-2010, 10:38 AM
Totally on plan for the ENTIRE weekend! I am incredibly proud of myself!!!!!! Today is a Monday and that makes an entire week WITHOUT sugar. I feel great :)

WarMaiden
06-21-2010, 10:45 AM
I had a rough weekend (major fight with my husband) but stayed on plan with both diet and exercise, despite the emotional chaos and lack of sleep. Perversely, the scale rewarded me as it often does when I've got a drama going on. (I think the stress forces out lingering water retention, so I whoosh downward. It's weird.) The fight is fixed up now and I'm still on plan...so...

GO TEAM! Let's have a great Monday.

Rosinante...:hug:...one day at a time and you'll get there.

MyChoice2bfit
06-21-2010, 11:17 AM
I'd like to join this thread. I've been working really hard to get my head in this weight-loss game. I've started back logging my food and exercising for about 4 weeks now and have lost 3 lbs (had lost 4 and gained one back) so I think a 30 day ON PLAN challenge is good for me, so mine starts TODAY!

GirlyGirlSebas
06-24-2010, 10:33 AM
Sarah - I'm so sorry to hear about your fight with your husband. I hope all is resolved by now. Great job of staying on-plan through it all!

Hi Susie! Welcome.

So, where is everyone? I'm still here. Still plugging along. I had a rough weekend, but managed to bounce back and keep going.

WarMaiden
06-24-2010, 10:43 AM
Sarah - I'm so sorry to hear about your fight with your husband. I hope all is resolved by now. Great job of staying on-plan through it all!

Thanks, Rhonda, it all got resolved :) And it's been a pretty good week thus far, except that I was RAVENOUSLY HUNGRY last night :( So I had ate an extra 300 calories, and that helped.

But my workout was blah this morning--I just have no strength or endurance when I'm eating at this kind of deficit.

I am starting to really really really look forward to my maintenance break in July.

Hope everyone else is doing well on plan!