PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 05-30-2010, 07:02 PM   #1  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Default PCOS June 2010 Support

Starting the new month's thread a bit early.

The old May 2010 thread is here...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos...0-support.html

How is/was Memorial Day weekend for you?

Got any plans for June?

What's new in the land of PCOS People?

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:47 PM   #2  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

We spent a quiet day -- took kid to the movies.

I'm off to workout now...

A.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:00 PM   #3  
Roly-Poly Jock Girl

S/C/G: 342/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Nasty weather here--spent the holiday inside catching up around the house. Hoping June will be better!
BluCypressLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:28 PM   #4  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

BluCypressLily: Sorry about the bad weather! Hope it improves.

I'm doing ok -- allergies are bugging me but I'm doing way better emotionally. I'm off to do my workout and will check back in when that's done. I'm looking forward to it!

ETA: 25 min workout done! Yay me!

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 06-01-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/230/160

Default Howdy!!

Hi everyone!! I am new to 3FC and found it because I am starting the South Beach diet (for my diabetes) and I saw ya'lls posting for PCOS and decided to check it out. I am seeing an Endocrinologist in July because of not only the diabetes but I have been losing my hair and it is noticeable and the hairs are actually baby fine now instead of "thick" like before I had my daughter. I look forward to getting to know everyone!!

Heather
rtmomma1677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:24 PM   #6  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

rtmomma1677: Hey there! GL with the endoc in July. I see mine then too.

Today I feel strangely energetic. It is almost like "Hey, who IS this person? Do I know you?"

I don't know if it is because of my cycle day, multivitamin, food log recently, getting more exercise, sleep, or what. Wish I knew, because I feel good and for PCOS me, NOT feeling like some drowsy, cranky bear is unusual.

I'm even thinking about a second workout today!

A.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:37 AM   #7  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Happy June!

Happy June Cysters!

Hi Astrophe -- Glad your energtic. I've been the opposite lately but I still workout daily. Even with my back bothering me.

Heres the answers to your questions:

How is/was Memorial Day weekend for you? Was fine, nothing special really. We went to the drive-in movies. They were showing 3 movies - Shrek Forever After, Robinhood, and Iron Man 2 that we went to see that weekend. Pretty good deal at only $7 a person to get in!

Got any plans for June? Well as I stated below to Heather, I have an appointment with my RE tomorrow morning. I haven't started my AF yet. So he wants to see me and is going to do another Pelvic Ultrasound to check my lining on my Uterus. It wasn't too thick last time, but still thicker than he'd like since I haven't had a cycle in a while now. My plans this month are to do better with my eating. I've slipped off a bit and need to get back on plan. I do continue to workout daily though.

What's new in the land of PCOS People? Nothing new. Just need my AF to show up so I can get this TTC "show" on the road! HA!

BluCypressLily -- Sorry to hear about the nasty weather. Its been incredibly hot here and beginning yesterday we started with the storms.

Heather!! Glad you found us. I go and see my RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist) tomorrow. He gave me prometrium to start my period and that was the end of April. I stopped my last pill on May 6th, still no sign of AF (Aunt Flo a.k.a period) So he wants to see me. Anywho, I wish you well with your appointment.

I hope you are all well!

Big
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 03:33 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 224/212/160

Height: 5'6

Hi all,
I am also rather new to this site. I do not have PCOS, but have "Syndrome X" also known as Metabolic Syndrome. My big problem with that is the Insulin Resistance.

My Memorial Day eating was a bit more than it should have been, but was not horrible.
JennyGirl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 04:05 PM   #9  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Heather! Nice name.

Howdy girls! Hope June is moving along great for you! I'm totally loving the swimming weather. However, not so loving the peeling of my sunburn. lol

I went to the new doc today. It was a great appt! She listened to my concerns, did a thorough physical exam, and ordered blood work. She said that my concerns with the other doc were very justified and was very supportive of my decision of a second opinion. She also said that based on lab work, she doesn't see anything jumping out at her as problematic or anything that would keep us from conceiving, just maybe a case of stressing about it too much and poor timing?!? so, we shall see.

The plan this month is OPK and lots of BD-ing! If it doesn't work, another round of Day 3 labs next time.

Good Luck girls!
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:10 PM   #10  
~Believe~

Red face

Hi Cysters!

Well my appt with my RE this morning went really well. He checked my lining on my uterus and said it wasn't that thick. He gave me a new prescription for Provera this time (what has always worked for me in the past) so hopefully it will start me. He said to start it around the 20th of this month. He was also very happy with my blood sugars and said that next time I come in he'll do an A1C and if its under 6.5, then he'll start me on the fertility meds!

JennyGirl27!

HeatherMcG -- glad your appt went well! GL with the OPK and BD-ing! We shall be doing that very very soon as well!

Also here are couple links that may be helpful to newbies here. They are Basic Forum Abbreviations and Infertility/TTC Abbreviations.

Big
Old 06-07-2010, 07:14 AM   #11  
~Believe~

Hi Cysters!

Just a quickie to say I lost the 3 pounds I gained last week! Now lets hope it continues on the LOSING end and not the GAINING! lol.

I hope your all well!

Old 06-07-2010, 11:43 PM   #12  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Go Sassy_Chick!

I'm tired but doing great. Stuck to 2000 calories today, and got my workout done AND took my kid swimming. I'm also feeling pretty pepping. I'm on CD 3 and jotted the cheerful/energy thing in my TCOYF chart.

I swear I turn into a crazy person at certain cycle days and I'm determined to find out which ones!

A.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:56 PM   #13  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Yay -- new workout DVDs came today. Now if I could just get child to bed so I can get on to my workout...

ETA: I did it! Workout 1 on Kelly Coffey's 30 Minutes to Fitness and I loved it! I don't have 7 lb weights so I did it all with 5 lbs. I felt it challenged but was doable with room to grow as I up the weights so I'm pretty excited about starting this new rotation set.

I'm trying really hard to stay on track this week and so far so good.

Food log is averaging 2100 eaten and calories burned each day is averaging -700 so whee! Take that PCOS! I'm hoping to see a drop at my next weigh in Monday.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 06-08-2010 at 09:06 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:36 AM   #14  
Roly-Poly Jock Girl

S/C/G: 342/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Woo-hoo Sassy_Chick!

Astophe, do you use any of Kelly Coffey-Meyers other 30 minute dvds? I really want to try her kickboxing one!

As for me, had my six-month visit to the endo. My fasting insulin was an EIGHT!!! I was so excited (I usually hit an 11 or 12). Here's hoping I can hit around that number consistently and that it's not an anomoly
BluCypressLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:45 AM   #15  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

BluCypressLily: Nope, these are my first ones from her. I liked the workout from last night though. If I keep liking them I might get the kickboxing one too.

I'm def feeling a bit sore in my back and glutes!

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 06-09-2010 at 10:46 AM.