100 lb. Club - What do you have for breakfast?!

View Full Version : What do you have for breakfast?!

sterbear
05-30-2010, 07:22 PM
Hello everyone! I'm sterling & new to 3FC, and the 100 lb club :hug:
I have problems with breakfast, I never know what to eat! so I was wondering what everyone in onederland has to start there day?!

Onederchic
05-30-2010, 07:25 PM
My normal breakfast is 2 whole eggs with mushrooms and onions cooked with non stick spray along with 1-2 slices (usually just 1) of whole wheat bread with butter.

sterbear
05-30-2010, 07:30 PM
mmm! thanks for sharing!

mingle
05-30-2010, 07:32 PM
Almost the same thing every day - a bowl of oatmeal & a sliced banana for 250 calories.

Sometimes on the weekend I'll have some egg whites with whatever veggies I happen to have on hand & a slice of light whole wheat toast.

Onederchic
05-30-2010, 07:34 PM
mmm! thanks for sharing!
You're welcome :D :hug:

Welcome to 3FC and good luck with your goals.

Ciao
05-30-2010, 07:35 PM
I usually have Special K.
Or wheat toast with strawberry jam. :)

sterbear
05-30-2010, 07:38 PM
thank you so much, ladies! you have no idea how much this helps! so excited to be a part of the 100 lb forum!

Shmead
05-30-2010, 07:47 PM
Cottage cheese with cinnamon, sweetener, and wheat bran.

A huge bowl of full-fat (300 grams--over half a pound) is 300 calories for the cottage cheese and another 65 for the wheat bran. It's also a bunch of protein and fiber.

GirlyGirlSebas
05-30-2010, 07:52 PM
I have a chocolate banana smoothie made with 1 cup of sugar free Silk milk, 1scoop of Jillian Michael's Chocolate Whey protein powder, 1 banana and 1 tsp of fresh ground flax seed. I'm hoping to gradually raise the amount of flax seed as it's wonderful for your cholesterol and vitamin B. In the past, my breakfast of choice has been steel cuts oats with 1 tsp of Smart Balance, a dash of Splenda and a dash of cinnamon.

PaulaM
05-30-2010, 08:16 PM
oatmeal made with skim milk and fresh fruit

WarMaiden
05-30-2010, 08:24 PM
4 oz blueberries, 4 oz plain nonfat yogurt, 0.5 oz ground flaxseed, a little bit of ground ginger. All mixed up.

Vladadog
05-30-2010, 08:34 PM
Either about 1/2 cup low-fat yogurt with almonds and craisens (and a banana if I have one) or a half turkey sandwich on whole grain bread or 2 scrambled eggs and a slice of whole grain again. Or leftovers. Pretty much anything that will give me some protein and some fat and some good carbs (but mostly protein and fat in the the morning, that's what I'm really looking for). Oh, and a cup or three of mostly decaf too.

tigerchild
05-30-2010, 08:47 PM
For whatever reason, it's easier for me to cut calories/fat during lunch and dinner rather than breakfast, so I go for 300 - 400 calorie meals at breakfast, so here is my current lineup:

1 serving very low fat/no sugar cereal (currently Wheatabix for portion control) + 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds + 1 banana + 1/2 cup 2% milk (approx 375, depending on the banana)

1/2 cup NF plain yogurt (I like the "Greek style"/thick kind) + 1 cup canned pinapple with juice + 6T grapnuts + 6 almonds slivered

2 slices WW low cal bread, 4t peanut butter, with sliced bananas on top

1 cup oatmeal with one apple chopped up and 1.5 oz (a regular sized little "snack" box, not the teeny teeny ones) raisins.

1/2 cup quinoa (leftover from dinner previous night), 1 egg (scrambled or sunny side up), 1/2 cup leftover cooked greens (spinach or kale/chard or both)

2 eggs, 1 or 2 pieces of WW low calorie toast, 1/2 cup berries or a small apple.

I used to try to skimp on breakfast, but frankly that really made the rest of the day go to pot. Now if I make sure that I make breakfast have some fat, protein and stack it with fruits and or veggies for whatever reason it seems to really control my cravings and ability to stick it out the rest of the day. I know everyone is different though!

nelie
05-30-2010, 08:47 PM
Lately, I've been having a whole wheat tortilla, almond butter and half a banana. It is soo good and filling. I got the idea from Mandalinn82 (a moderator here).

This morning, I was expecting a big lunch so I had 1/4th a canteloupe.

eclipse
05-30-2010, 08:52 PM
Usually a cup of some sort of special K and a cup of milk - around 250 calories. Sometimes I add a banana or sliced strawberries. I need a carb burst in the morning - something like cereal or oatmeal does the trick.

ubercast
05-30-2010, 08:57 PM
I mostly eat fruit. I'm not big on breakfast foods, but I usually eat an apple, banana or slice of watermelon

TJFitnessDiva
05-30-2010, 09:56 PM
My normal breakfast is a spinach & eggbeaters omelet (1/2c eggbeaters and 1c spinach) & some strawberry Greek yogurt :)

aubrylin
05-30-2010, 10:08 PM
My favorite breakfast is 1 container of WW yogurt and 1/4 C Uncle Sam Cereal.
Sometimes if I am using vanilla yogurt, I add wild frozen blueberries.

Glory87
05-30-2010, 10:53 PM
For the past 6 years, I have had one of the following breakfasts 99% of the time.

1. Fresh fruit and yogurt (my favorite - pack of blackberries and Trader Joe's non fat Greek yogurt with honey) - total 200 calories

2. 1/2 cup oatmeal (made with water) and two big spoonfuls of apple butter - total about 200 calories

3. Two piece of whole grain toast (sometimes, I use some sort of healthy waffle, like Kashi), one with natural peanut butter, one with some sort of jam (about 400 calories)

PeanutsMom704
05-30-2010, 11:05 PM
toasted Orowheat Sandwich thin and 3 hard boiled egg whites for about 150 calories. I have nothing against whole eggs, but this is an easy way for me to add in extra protein for low calories. I save my whole egg to have chopped up in my salad at lunch time.

Trazey34
05-30-2010, 11:36 PM
I'm on auto-pilot in the mornings, can't cook at that hour LOL so it's almost always a bowl of Cheerios with 1% milk & sliced banana, and then a scoop of cottage cheese. I get the 2% as it;s only a 10 calorie difference from the 1% and it tastes like butter in comparison LOL yummmmmo!!!

sterbear
05-30-2010, 11:56 PM
thanks everyone! I'm getting some great ideas (:
@glory87- oatmeal with apple butter, yummm!

cfmama
05-30-2010, 11:57 PM
normally it's one of a couple breakfasts:
1 slice whole wheat toast, 1 T pb, banana
1 weight watchers whole wheat bagel with 2 LC wedges, orange
1 whole fat yogurt cup, 1 banana, 1 T pb

gloo
05-31-2010, 02:16 AM
I have no appetite first thing in the morning, so I keep a bunch of options at work have my breakfast around 9 am after a big cup of coffee and some waking up. I piece together a 300-400 calorie breakfast depending on what I'm in the mood for, always consisting of carbs, protein and fruit.

Always on hand at the office:

lowfat cottage cheese
cold cereals/oatmeal (Fiber One, Cheerios, some type of bran flakes)
a jar of natural peanut butter
yogurt
bagel thins
fruit (bananas, nectarines, and right now I'm on a huge cherry kick)
hard boiled eggs

On much more leisurely weekend mornings it's usually 2 eggs with some fruit and toast or an English muffin and maybe some soy sausage. I heart breakfast food!

sterbear
05-31-2010, 02:23 AM
those are great things to have on hand! thanks! (mmm, cherries!)

xMeaganx
05-31-2010, 04:16 AM
My breakfast has been about the same for the last 2 months, oatmeal with lavender honey and cinnamon served with an apple. It is easy enough to make in the morning and holds me over! Experiment and you will find something you like!

ShylahEQ
05-31-2010, 08:14 AM
I cook my breakfast the night before as I have no time in the morning and it's the time I'm most apt to go off plan. 1 egg, 1-2 servings of egg beaters, ham or turkey, jalapenos. I make a scramble and pop it in the fridge. I add a teeny bit of cheese in the morning when I nuke it. Top with salsa. mmmm

Or when I don't make it ahead of time, 1 cup of cheerios w/2% milk. I don't like much milk, I barely wet the cereal ha.

sterbear
05-31-2010, 08:21 AM
love the pre-made breakfast idea! & lavender honey with oatmeal, yes please! haha. I can't wait to try all these ideas out, best yet, I have a pantry full of single serve oatmeal in all different flavors just waiting to be consumed! yay!

Quillie
05-31-2010, 08:24 AM
A mango!

sterbear
05-31-2010, 02:42 PM
oh, I love mangos!!!!

chicpanda
05-31-2010, 02:50 PM
Sometimes left overs from dinner. Usually 1 C oatmeal with .5 oz dried fruit + cinnamon or ginger. (about 300 cals)

alyssarof2012
05-31-2010, 08:21 PM
I eat 1.25 cup of special K with red berries and 1 cup of milk on the weekends. - 272 cals

On weekdays I eat 3/4 cup fruity cheerios, 0.5 cup of milk, 125 ml orange juice (thats how I track it, not sure how many ounces that was {its a juice box}), and an apple depending on if my school has an apple available that day or not. 183 cals without apple, 210 or so with apple.

katpolack
05-31-2010, 08:45 PM
My favorite meal for breakfast is just plain rice and fish... I keep it that way coz it is healthy..also with veggies... then you are way to go!

Sherrie568
06-24-2010, 07:04 PM
Quick & Easy Egg & Cheese Omelette :hungry:

Ingredients:
Egg Beaters, 1/4 cup (61g) (equivalent to 1 large egg)
Low-fat Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded, 1/4 cup(1oz)

Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 120
Calories from Fat: 50
Total Fat: 6g
Total Carbohydrate: 2g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Sugars: <1g
Protein: 14g

Pour egg beaters into non-stick pan, cook until almost done, flip over, add shredded cheese to half, fold other half over cheese side, give it a minute to melt the cheese, serve. Add a teaspoon of salsa on top if desired.

I also drink at least half a 20oz bottle of water.

synger
06-24-2010, 07:18 PM
I find that I can't have carbs in the morning, or my blood sugar spikes. Later on in the day I can eat a serving or two with other meals, but not with breakfast.

On days I'm going in to the office (6:30 am), I usually eat cottage cheese and either pecans or chia seeds. I plan for a South Beach bar around 10 on these days. The cottage cheese isn't enough to keep me going until noon.

On days I'm working at home, it's usually fried eggs, sometimes with bacon, mushrooms, onions, and other veg. Cream in my coffee. The high er calories and later breakfast allows me to be satisfied until lunch. Either way, the calories are about the same -- about 400.

On Saturdays, or holidays when I eat a brunch (late breakfast/early lunch), I make sure to eat protein and fat (usually eggs) but I can also have one fiber-full waffle, two pancakes, or one slice of fiber toast with my brunch.

lights76
06-24-2010, 08:01 PM
Every Morning - Breakfast Burrito

Egg Beaters, potatoes, low fat cheese, tapatio all in a La Tortilla Factory High Fiber tortilla

cocomama
06-24-2010, 08:11 PM
this morning... 2x weetbix with lite milk, topped with banana an yoghurt :)

S.A.S.H
06-24-2010, 08:25 PM
I prefer either quaker oatmeal square ceral, natures path pumpkin flax seed cereal, or cinnamon harvest cereal from kashi, all w/ 1/4 banana, 1/2 cup sliced strawberries and 1/4 cup blueberries and skim milk.

Or I will have 1 or 2 eggs fried w/o butter, 1 slice grain toast, mustard, pepper and maybe a slice of turkey. w/ skim milk.

I almost always go for the cereal over the eggs in the morning because I prefer to get my most of my carbs in the morning and afternoon.

Trazey34
06-24-2010, 08:37 PM
I'm on auto-pilot when I wake up, cooking is out of the question LOL My standard fare is a bowl of cereal with 1% milk (Usually Cheerios but sometimes i'll go crazy and have Kashi GoLean Crunch!) and then a big scoop of cottage cheese (separately not together ewwww) and a small piece of fruit. I grab a coffee with 1 cream on the way to work.

diesirae
06-24-2010, 08:56 PM
I usually have 1/2 cup of fibre 1 Honey cluster cereal with 1/2 cup 1% milk, topped with 1 sliced banana! I absolutely love eating this for breakfast, fills me up, and is only around 270 calories.

Cereal seems to kick start my day and give me so much more energy, and for some reason makes me want to exercise

wannabesomebody
06-24-2010, 08:58 PM
Mashed banana and rice cereal... portion? whatever the baby leaves behind :P could be a few teaspoons or a half cup... one never knoooows.

CanadianCutie
06-24-2010, 09:55 PM
I usually have one of two things. two egg omelet with spinach, onion and tomato, or some frozen veggies in place of the fresh ones, and one whole wheat tortilla. Or I'll have 1/2 a cup of fiber one with 1/4 cup of 2% milk, and 1/2 cup blueberries or strawberries, sometimes both.

Arctic Mama
06-24-2010, 09:58 PM
My breakfasts change depending on the day of the week, and I cook almost all of it from scratch for my kids and husband.

Every week I make a breakfast item (like granola, breakfast bars, cinnamon rolls, english muffins, etc etc) for him to take to work, and usually the kids and I will eat it one or two days of the week.

I also bake my bread for the week from either freshly ground kamut, spelt, or hard wheat berries, and so that and a fried egg are breakfast for one day as well.

One morning is a fast one with some cereal and soy milk.

Usually two mornings have oatmeal and eggs, and another two have cream of wheat and eggs.

Sundays my husband makes pancakes for himself and the kids, and I usually eat granola and plain yogurt.

These are all things with whole grains and usually very filling for us, without being too much of the same boring stuff.

saef
06-24-2010, 10:49 PM
More than most people here do.

Always nonfat plain yogurt on top of fruit. The fruit varies: Berries, melons. In the winter, sometimes frozen & thawed (without sugar added -- hard to find sometimes for strawberries).
And either oatmeal or 100% whole wheat bread. If the former, it has walnuts or pecans in it. If the latter, it has natural peanut butter or almond butter spread over it.
Black coffee, 2/3 high-test, 1/3 decaf, sometimes with Splenda, often not.

time2lose
06-24-2010, 11:22 PM
3 servings of eggbeaters and 1 piece of whole wheat - 160 calories

On weekends I add some veggies and a little cheese to the eggbeaters.

steph15
06-25-2010, 02:28 AM
Either 1 or 1 1/2 cup cheerios with 1 cup skim milk or a thomas's light english muffin with a tbsp of peanut butter.

kylonaa
06-25-2010, 02:35 AM
I usually have a fruit smoothie with mixed berries and a low-fat string cheese. Comes out to about 300 calories and is very filling.

Beverlyjoy
06-25-2010, 08:47 AM
Usually my breakfasts contain a combination of the following:

toast with pnb
english muffin with pnb
egg white scramble with ketchup
morningstar bacon
turkey link sausage
fruit

renstwin
06-25-2010, 09:28 AM
I make a cheese omelet with low fat cheese and egg beaters. I top it with fresh salsa (low sodium). I eat 1/2 of a medium cantaloupe with it. Tastes great and has about 350 calories.

Good luck...there are lots of great ideas here!

duckyyellowfeet
06-25-2010, 02:30 PM
I hate breakfast, so there will be coffee. With creamer. Yes, I'm dangerous.

Today, I had a banana with 1 tablespoon reduced-fat PB. Often times, I'll have a pack of flavored oatmeal and a pack of regular combined. If i'm going to school, I throw 1c cereal into a bag, normally Kashi Go Lean Crunch.

If I've gotten up early enough and feel like it, I make McMuffins, with the Orowheat sandwich thins, a whole egg and a piece of low-fat cheese melted on top. This happens MAYBE once every three months. I really hate breakfast

rakel
06-27-2010, 02:08 AM
2 eggs (most of the time soft boiled). Or a luna bar. Sometimes I'll eat some yogurt/fruit a few hours later for a snack.

I'd like to say I ate more than that but I don't. I used to be able to eat more but lately I have been pretty bad and sometimes don't eat breakfast at all... I know, terrible! I've never been that way before. It really boils down to my inability to get up early enough to prepare breakfast.

I have found though, that eggs are just right for breakfast. They are not too high in calories, but keep me full for a long time.

ccook43091
06-27-2010, 02:46 AM
Either oatmeal or cheerios! :)

Desert Agave
06-27-2010, 09:26 AM
I've had the exact same thing for breakfast every day for seven months.
--5 egg whites scrambled with 1-2 cups baby spinach and topped with green chile
-- whole wheat english muffin
-- sliced roma tomato
-- 1/2 cup raspberries
-- coffee with 1 tbl half and half

I love it. It is my favorite meal of the day.