100 lb. Club - what is uber wearing to the Big Apple?

ubergirl
05-27-2010, 11:19 PM
Going to NYC to give a presentation today.

Brows waxed? check
french mani/pedi? check

skin tight above the knee Calvin Klein dress in SIZE FOURTEEN? check

four inch gladiator heels? check

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

harrismm
05-27-2010, 11:21 PM
Sa-weet!!! :)

starfishkitty
05-27-2010, 11:40 PM
Rawr! Watch OUT! :)

Arctic Mama
05-28-2010, 12:10 AM
Go sexy lady! I want pictures whenever you go, talk about a power outfit!

Nikki6kidsmom
05-28-2010, 12:20 AM
You go girl , you sound HOT!! I wanna see a pic!

Loving Me
05-28-2010, 03:53 AM
Definitely need to see a pic! You are going to kill em!

CJZee
05-28-2010, 05:29 AM
Hah! I knew it! You are fierce! Size 14!!! At your height you must look awesome, just awesome. CJ

GirlyGirlSebas
05-28-2010, 07:24 AM
Ooh la la! She is woman, hear her roar! :D So happy for you!

losermom
05-28-2010, 07:51 AM
In the words of DS15, "Smexy"! Pics please! :)

Beverlyjoy
05-28-2010, 08:07 AM
Love this! Size 14...you rock. You are all 'prettied up'., too.

Hiya
05-28-2010, 08:36 AM
Where.Are.The. PICTURRRRRRRES??????????

findingfawn
05-28-2010, 09:02 AM
My oh my :)

Have a great time!

TJFitnessDiva
05-28-2010, 09:12 AM
Ooooo size 14? Awesomeness!!! I bet you are totally rocking in that outfit :D

Yeah where are the pics? lol

saef
05-28-2010, 09:40 AM
A presentation? So you're gonna be on display, talking over the PowerPoint slides? You're gonna be good, I know it.

Where exactly are you going to be, Uber? Midtown? The Flat Iron? Downtown?

I'm just about 25 minutes north on Metro North, but I'll be down there tomorrow afternoon, catching a Matthew Barney marathon at IFC, probably. Also MOMA has an Avedon exhibit that I'm wanting to visit before summer makes the city pretty much insufferable.

Take a change of shoes if you're planning to hang out afterward. We're pretty serious walkers down here. I mostly see those shoes on fashionistas who cab everywhere when they go shopping or clubbing. The rest of us go down an inch or two in heel height. It's easier to walk on the old cobbled (really Belgian block) paving downtown & to manage subway stairs.

You will kill, I know it.

ShylahEQ
05-28-2010, 09:59 AM
I need a LIKE button! :p

rockinrobin
05-28-2010, 10:12 AM
How FANTASTIC are you going to look/feel???? How much more confidence are you going to have standing up there now as opposed to 90 something pounds ago? How great will it be to stand up there and not have the added pressure of being overweight on your head?

How badly do we all want to see pics???!?!?!?!?!?!

Ciao
05-28-2010, 10:15 AM
Yes, I agree, show pics! :)

saef
05-28-2010, 10:19 AM
Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!

On Broadway. Preferably under a gigantic billboard of a half-naked guy. (Usually there's at least one good one.)

Hey Jude
05-28-2010, 10:49 AM
Nice!!!

SwimGirl
05-28-2010, 11:50 AM
I wanna see some pictures too!!! Can't wait!! I bet you looking SMOKIN' HOT!!

-Aimee

mingle
05-28-2010, 01:41 PM
AWESOME! You are going to be amazing!

I second (or tenth!) the pic request! :D

ubergirl
05-29-2010, 09:28 AM
SAEF-- boy did you nail it about the shoes....!!

I toted the gladiators and wore "sensible shoes" but apparently my barefeet in the sensible shoes did not match with NY sidewalks... I had to stop HALF-WAY between Penn Station and my destination (a few blocks away) to purchase flip-flops and band-aids. YOUCH!

Wore the gladiators anyway... (the price we pay for beauty)

But, my confidence level was THROUGH THE ROOF!!!!!!!!

And you know, back when I weighed almost 300 lbs I used to do back flips to avoid stuff like this....

Did not have time to take pix but I'll see if I have time to put the dress back on while I've still got the mani...

And boy I should have discovered brow waxing sooner-- I think I lost another few pounds off my face...

PeanutsMom704
05-29-2010, 10:19 AM
sorry about the tootsies, but sounds like you rocked it!!

(and yes, take some pictures!!)

toomuchmoxie
05-29-2010, 03:04 PM
That sounds fantastic! And um, clearly you need to go shopping in the Big Apple. I love the vintage Plus- Size store, ReDress. But you're probably... TOO SMALL!!

saef
05-30-2010, 12:17 AM
Uber, so glad that you looked wonderful & felt really good. Did the presentation go well? Did you take the red-eye back?

So sorry to hear about your poor bandaged feet. I did worry, because I see this a lot. Mostly in summer. (IMHO, absolutely the **worst** time to visit the city, but this is when people come, anyway. Maybe because it's the traditional vacation time & school is out. Go to the mountains, people. Go to the beach. Why walk on hot unshaded sidewalks that reek of dog pee or stand in sauna-like subway stations or wait in line at TKTS with the sun burning your neck & shoulders? Why?) I'll stop in midtown on weekends to buy a bottle of water from a drugstore cooler, and groups of young girls in cute strappy sandals will be limping through the line holding packages of bandaids -- usually in the Times Square area or on Fifth Avenue. They got excited & dressed up for their day in the city. They didn't realize they'd pretty much be hiking a couple miles on really hard pavement. Result: Ouch. Ouch. Ouch.

ubergirl
05-30-2010, 08:11 AM
Uber, so glad that you looked wonderful & felt really good. Did the presentation go well? Did you take the red-eye back?

So sorry to hear about your poor bandaged feet. I did worry, because I see this a lot. Mostly in summer. (IMHO, absolutely the **worst** time to visit the city, but this is when people come, anyway. Maybe because it's the traditional vacation time & school is out. Go to the mountains, people. Go to the beach. Why walk on hot unshaded sidewalks that reek of dog pee or stand in sauna-like subway stations or wait in line at TKTS with the sun burning your neck & shoulders? Why?) I'll stop in midtown on weekends to buy a bottle of water from a drugstore cooler, and groups of young girls in cute strappy sandals will be limping through the line holding packages of bandaids -- usually in the Times Square area or on Fifth Avenue. They got excited & dressed up for their day in the city. They didn't realize they'd pretty much be hiking a couple miles on really hard pavement. Result: Ouch. Ouch. Ouch.

Lol. I visit NY pretty often and even lived in Manhattan for a while, so I'm savvy to the shoe situation-- that's why I brought "comfortable" shoes... it just made me realize how LITTLE we suburban folk actually walk unless we're "taking a walk" because I've worn those shoes lots of times with no trouble... on the other hand, I always see a lot of NY-ers walking down the sidewalk with no trouble.... thought my new svelter self-would do better on the sidewalks, but no such luck.

I DO love NY though! I'd move back there in a heartbeat if I were a billionaire...