Weight Loss Support - What is wrong with the people...

View Full Version : What is wrong with the people...

Rebound
05-27-2010, 08:47 PM
...who put a Chinese restaurant next to the Snap Fitness center where I work out?!?! All I smell on my way in and out of that place is the ridiculous temptation of delicious Chinese food. I was tired and hungry and it made me cranky and STARVING!

But I drove my butt home and had what I had planned -- Fiber Gourmet pasta and a ton of steamed broccoli covered with low cal pasta sauce, and a "side dish" of tuna mixed with light mayo and dill relish. I'm cleaning out my cupboards right now and the tuna was the only protein I had on hand. Don't judge me! :dizzy::dizzy:

My snack coming up? A banana and some skinny cow ice cream :):) Delicious!

Coondocks
05-27-2010, 08:56 PM
Wow . . . . GOOD FOR YOU! You should be incredibly proud of yourself for walking right on by that temptation! Kudos :)

EZMONEY
05-27-2010, 08:58 PM
Good luck with that!

If it was me I'd have to rub some limburger cheese on my moustache to take the Chinese food smell away or it would be egg fried rice every night!

Scorpio1986
05-27-2010, 08:59 PM
Doesn't it make you feel great when you go without though, and stay OP? I can't tell you how many times I pass a McDonald's and say mmm I want a frappe! and then I realize "hey, no i don't!" and drive home or to work and eat OP! Its a great feeling!

MaddiesMom
05-27-2010, 09:23 PM
Congrats on not giving in to temptation! If you think about it, it's actually pretty smart for the Chinese restaurant, but not good for us.

By my gym, there's a Chinese buffet AND a Baker's Square! Double whammy. I'm proud to say I've never gone to either one. :)

Ciao
05-27-2010, 09:53 PM
Good job resisting! :D

DhaniCauldwell
05-27-2010, 09:57 PM
There's a Baskin Robbins right next to the 24 Hour Fitness in my town. I see people walk from the gym after their workout over to the BR all the time!

:queen: Dhani :queen:

vertigoskyy
05-27-2010, 10:20 PM
Oh my gosh, I would have to find a new gym! I can't resist crab rangoons!

ORSewmama
05-27-2010, 10:57 PM
Good job resisting!

Cglasscock1
05-28-2010, 12:30 AM
Good job!

TeslaGirl
05-28-2010, 01:39 AM
That reminds me of the Sex and the City episode with the Weight Watchers that was next to the Krispee Kreme (of all places). There was an Italian restaurant next to the gym I used to go to.. That wasn't really my problem, though. It was the 20 fast food joints I passed on my way home. :dizzy:

SCraver
05-28-2010, 08:46 AM
Every Friday, when I am driving home with my windows open, I pass Manchester, CT where the mall and all the resturants are. I am going to sound really weird... but I ENJOY it. I love all those yummy smells. I just take a moment to enjoy the smell and then move on.

Food like that always smells better than it tastes anyways.

Though I do love me a good Crab Rangoon (60 - 70 calories a PIECE and I can put down 12 - 24). Sometimes I make baked crab rangoons. Yum.

stella1609
05-28-2010, 09:41 AM
There was a Jenny Craig next to Marble Slab Creamery (fancy ice cream place, like Coldstone) in my hometown. The Jenny Craig closed after a few years . . .