Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 05-26-2010, 10:32 AM   #1  
getting less fluffy

S/C/G: 255/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Please help with my makeup

Since I am feeling better about myself I thought I would put makeup on. I didn't have any so I used my daughters. My eyes watered all night.
I guess I have developed allergies to makeup now.

Does anyone that has allergies where makeup? and if so what kind. I need some ideas.

Thanks
Terre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:48 AM   #2  
Ann Marie

S/C/G: 263 (Feb of '06)/236/170

Height: 5' 5"

Try mineral makeup. It's hypo-allergenic and won't clog your pores (there's a big word for that but I don't now what it is) Now that just about every cosmetic manufaturer is making some it's not as expensive as when it first came out. I love it..it's all I can use due to having Rosacea.
brn2bthn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:48 AM   #3  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

1) Never share make up. That's a way to pass on pink eye, and other stuff. See a doc if you aren't clearing up if you think it is contact dermatitis.

2) I wear mineral make-up with no problems.

http://bareescentuals.com/
http://www.everydayminerals.com/
http://www.honeybeegardens.com/
http://www.purminerals.com/

3) There's also the Jane Iredale mineral make up line, but I've been fine with the above.

http://www.janeiredale.com/ourdiff.html

HTH!
A.

Last edited by astrophe; 05-26-2010 at 10:49 AM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

You just need to experiment ,try different makeups and see what does not cause a problem. You can go to the department store and some drug stores and they will do a trial make up for you. I do have allergies and find that CoverGirl and Avon , also MaryKay do not cause me problems. I do not like the mineral makeups but that is my personal preferance. AND as already been said, do not ever use someone elses makeup, particuularly brushes.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:09 AM   #5  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Probably a silly question, but did you put on eyeliner on the inside rim of your eyelids? That can be super-irritating. Or too much eyeshadow since it can flake off into your eyes... I usually do not have issues with Loreal products or Revlon Colorstay
BerkshireGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:46 PM   #6  

I have really bad allergies. Origins is one of the few brands that I've never had a reaction to.
FeliciaHingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:58 PM   #7  
Lorie

S/C/G: 280/ticker/160

Height: 5'7

Maybe it wasn't the make up, but what you used to remove the make up that night. Did you use a makeup remover you could have had a reaction to? Also, some other members suggested mineral makeup, and I think it is a good suggestion as well. Hope this helps!!
glenlorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:30 AM   #8  
natalie

S/C/G: 260/171.2/145

Height: 5'7"

Urg yeah anything that goes near a mucus membrane doooon't share. I learned that the hard way; got pink eye from using someone else's eyeliner.

You might want to try buying your own. I use brown eyeshadow (a good brand usually... MAC but I like coastalscents.com too) as eyeliner with a brush. My skin freaks the **** out about everything, but that combo seems to be OK. Everyday minerals is good for those with allergies/sensitive skin because if I remember correctly they don't use bismuth oxide (unlike bare minerals) in their makeup.

Always make sure you have clean brushes/hands/face when applying makeup, because bacteria can make your allergies act up too. Or clog your pores, or get in your eye and cause an infection. Dirty brushes=bad juju.

But if you try your own makeup, and it still causes allergies, I suggest everyday minerals. I have it and I like it. It's fairly inexpensive too, you just have to order online.

good luck!!!
oodlesofnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 06:22 AM   #9  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Three words....Smoky Mountain Minerals(because not all mineral makeup is created equal) The BEST mineral makeup hands down & 100% hypo-allergenic
http://www.smokymountainminerals.com/home.html

JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:07 AM   #10  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Thanks for the link! I hadn't heard of them before.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:39 AM   #11  
getting less fluffy

S/C/G: 255/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Thanks everyone..I will look at the links yall gave me. I know wearing someone elses stuff is a no no..but i did it
I use to could wear stuff all day everyday, but that was many moons ago. lol

i will buy my own and see what happens. Thanks for all the help
Terre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:04 AM   #12  

Default makeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terre View Post
Since I am feeling better about myself I thought I would put makeup on. I didn't have any so I used my daughters. My eyes watered all night.
I guess I have developed allergies to makeup now.

Does anyone that has allergies where makeup? and if so what kind. I need some ideas.

Thanks
Check out BeautiControl...I have been using it and selling it for over 25 years and have never had a customer with a reaction...worth a try! I can also suggest colors and applications if you would like, just need to know your eye color and hair color, skin color....Here is my website: www.beautipage.com/funopportunityspas

Lorene
spatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:04 AM   #13  

S/C/G: ---/---/120

Height: 5'2

If you have reactions to any makeup you should use Clinique, it's hypoallergenic, for real.

No bogus stuff. Look up a store that sells it in the mall, and have them test your skin.
JustImagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:39 AM   #14  
Sammi

S/C/G: 243.5/201.5/149

Height: 5'5''

I am going to second what everyone else said and also add this: Did you use purple/red/pink eyeshadow? The dye used to make those colors is an allergen to many people. It makes my mum's eyes water like crazy!
aliquot is offline   Reply With Quote