Weight Loss Support - 4 Week Challenge! Come on Challenge Yourself!

Gennel
09-22-2002, 12:56 PM
First let me say that EVERYONE is welcomed to join these challenges. Since deciding to finally take over my weight problem this Feb 2002, I have decided that small 4 week challenges was the best formula for me to slowly lose the weight without putting so much pressure on myself to lose 64 lbs which was my weight loss goal. I eat sensibly and also have those forbidden menu items that we all love. But I limit this to 1-2 meals out of the week.
Also exercise as much as I hate it ,I can say it's becoming one of my best friends now helping me maintain the weight off. There is no special program ,no special diet. You will just find support here. We can relate to every story of ups and downs on this journey. You are NOT alone. Think of the worst situation like, laying on your bed to try and zip those pants only to realize that once you stand up the middle of the zipper rips open,buying only stretch clothes and covering with a baggy t-shirt,stuffing your face late at night,not wanting to go anywhere where everyone is"thin",not letting your mate see you naked? lol , having like 3-5 rolls around your waste and not wanting your mate to wrap his arm around your waist? Having one of your children's schoolmatessay " Your mom is fat! " ouch that one hurts and yes its all happened to me before. But you know what? I'm 6 lbs away from my goal weight . This past week one of the little friends mydaughter had last year in her class saw me and he says"Are (Blank's) mom ? " I said yes its me ... he replies as he's looking at me up and down" hmm you look so different now?" lol
I'm the laziest to exercise . But you gotta just do it. No excuses here. I have heard just about every excuse in the book,hey I think I wrote that book lol . The fact is you can lie to anyone you want about why you havent finally decided to do something about your weight but you cant lie to yourself. " I have no willpower" was my favorite one.
Anyway back to this challenge :) I'm starting the challenge today 9/22/ through 10/22/02 . Just send me a message or post here how many pounds you'd like to lose in 4 weeks. Every saturday weigh in and let me know if you lost anything,maintained or gained. My personal goal for this 4wk challenge is to try lose 3 lbs.

Gen..Goal 3 lbs...

Grizzlyshick..Goal..10 lbs

Kina..Goal..10 lbs

Laney1733..Goal 6 lbs

Yoyomom.Goal 2 lbs..

Appleblossom..Goal 4 lbs..

Gen
194/136/130
"IF YOU WANT YOUR DREAMS TO COME TRUE,WAKE UP"

laney1733
09-22-2002, 02:15 PM
I'd like to enter this challenge, my first. Six pounds sounds reasonable for me. I haven't posted much, so a short introduction is in order. I am 28, married, three kids ages 7, 5 and 7 months. My exercise of choice is walking, 2-5 miles a day. I've been at it for a little over a month now. I've lost 14 pounds so far and can wear my pre-baby clothes again. When I got pg, I had just lost thirty some pounds. This has been a very long delay in my goals! But well worth it of course.;) I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

laney1733
09-22-2002, 02:20 PM
Oh, and my 10 year high school reunion is coming up in Nov, YIKES!! I think I was about a sz 14-16 at graduation, I'm an 18 now. I'd love to just be the same weight as I was then, yk? How's that for pressure!!?? I am still married to my high school sweetheart though, so there's some points.:smug: he he he;)

grizzlyschick
09-22-2002, 06:47 PM
:D Thank you Manatees, Gennel and Kina for the encouragement and the congrats on hitting my big goal! I did my Pilates tape today. I'm not doing the gym on weekends, because I know I'd get sick of it:p Anyway, the Pilates is really relaxing, it's helping me release stress. I had thought about yoga, but think I'll stick with this. I'm thinking of trying to get a couple of the short workouts in during the week. It has 3 short workouts. I figure that way it will give me a little extra punch to help get the rest off! Manatees I can't wait to hear how teaching your class goes! I know you'll do great:) Kina- way to go with that elliptical machine. I stay as far away from it as I can! Hopefully one day I'll have the love for it you and Gennel do. Gennel- As always thanks for the push to go the extra mile and for these challenges that keep me motivated. Hope we all have a great challenge. Hello to everyone I didn't mention:) Take care. Di

Gennel
09-22-2002, 10:08 PM
Welcome Serina . I am entering you in this 4 week challenge . Post as often as you like ,it helps keep you motivated :)
Your 6 lb goal sounds reasonable. If you reach it in 4 weeks that would be wonderful but if you dont , remind yourself its not a race. The first few challenges I did great ,then as I reached near my goal my weight loss really slowed down and I was upset with myself. I can still remember the first week when that I didnt lose any weight. After pushing myself so hard every day tow alk 4-5 miles for 6 days. Then only to weigh myself and see I had lost 0 lbs.I wanted to scream ,fight and cry . But it was a learning process and I dont sweat it anymore.Now I'm just happy to maintain my current weight. Maintaining is just as hard but you get to the point that its not a chore anymore and you just automatically make the right food choices :tomato: :apple: :cherry: :chicken: :cb:

Gen
194/136/130

Yoyo Mom
09-24-2002, 07:11 AM
Hi Folks,

I disappeared this weekend because I got a task from work dumped on me on Friday and due this morning and I just finished it. Normally my arrangement with work is great... I work half-time and most of those hours from home but once in a while I'm the one that needs to be flexible.

At any rate, I was up a half pound for the week at my weigh-in (not surprising, I was putting back on a little of the extra weight loss I had when I was sick). So, that puts me down 2 pounds for the previous challenge. It also puts me under 150!!! Woohoo!

I'm going to stick to a 2 pound challenge this go-round. It seems to be the right rate of weight loss for me.

Gennel
09-24-2002, 09:04 AM
I just put you down for 2 lb goal for this challenge. The 2 lb goal sounds reasonable to me. Remember try not to necessarily lower your calories but do add more exercise to your day. I know that "E" word is so dreadful sometimes ,ok most of the times for me! lol But I havent had to lower my calorie intake anymore and am actually eating more then 2 months ago. Now instead of doing 45 min on the "monster" elliptical machine I do 55-60 minutes on it 5 days a week. I dont know how I've been able to stay on that machine so long lately but I think it might be due to all the stress I'm going through with this Construction loan for a house. It sure does help me relieve some of the stress! lol

Well I better get going ! I'm expecting a visit from my sis coming from up north today!

have a great day!

Gen
194/136/130

Sahvara
09-24-2002, 10:15 AM
Hi,

I would like to join the four week challenge. Could you put me down for 6. I'll shoot for that. I hope to get to know you all better.

A little about me: I'm a 3rd year college student whose been fat since the age of 7. So I guess that means most of my life. I want to do this for me. For the person I never got to see. The me that was under all this weight. If I can get to my goal weight, it will be the biggest accomplishment of my life!

~Sahvara

Apple Blossom
09-25-2002, 03:20 AM
HI,
I'm expecting TOM again, so guess who has the munchies???
(No, I did not just eat 5 fig newtons....)
I never weighed in at the end of the last challenge, mostly because, as ususal, no change. BUT... I'm sticking to the no drinking. My husband was home for a whole 4 days, so I did have a couple of beers and a margarita but at least they were social, with dinner drinks and not binge-stress drinks. So he's gone again for 10 days and aside from TOM I'm sure to loose!
By the way, put me down for 4 this month. Good luck everyone!!!

Yoyo Mom
09-26-2002, 01:52 PM
Welcome, Sahvara,

College is a great time to make big changes in your life. I was also heavy as a kid and I lost a lot of weight in college. I was on the thin side after I lost the weight.

I'm afraid I've lived up to my 3fc name and I haven't stayed thin.
I've been up and down a few times. It's funny, but just knowing that I *can* lose the weight, even though I've gained it back makes me feel better about myself.

My current excess weight came on with my pregnancy five years ago and I am just getting around to trying hard to lose it. I gained about 60(!) lbs with my pregnancy and I only lost about 10 of that! I've now lost another 10 or so and I don't really want to lose it all (I was thin at the start) but I'd like to lose another 20 lbs.

A problem I've had is that I seem to be allergic to exercise. Well, not really. I know it is the best way to lose weight and certainly the best way to improve health, but I just don't do it. I have been walking a bit more lately and I hope that helps. At any rate, it is very hard to lose weight without increased exercise, but it is what I know how to do. But it comes off very slowly which is why I set small goals for myself.

Good luck to you whatever approach you take.

Manatees
09-27-2002, 10:09 PM
Hi Everyone:)

I have had a great exercise week. I have gone and worked out 4 times this week and did some crunches and weights at home. I'm planning on going to the club tomorrow. I have added some weights to may cardio at the gym. I'm begining to think we (me and exercise) are becoming friends. We have some motivational promotions coming up at the club that I'm looking forward to. Well tomorrow is weigh in I believe.

Gennel please put me down for 8 pounds this challenge.

Thanks

Heidi

Kina
09-28-2002, 01:35 AM
I have been snacking badly. The other day out of the blue I fainted. No reasoning behind it. So unfortunately I have not been able to get much quality time with my elliptical machine. As most of you know I had been drinking my Slim Fast to help me in losing some of my weight. Well I went to see the DR and he said that it would be best that I let of Slim Fast for a while. He thinks that the sugar caused my fainting spell. Becuase it works just like a soda pop or candy bar it picks me and then drops me down. So he suggested that I try a different approach in losing weight along with exercise. We got to talking about my husband's weight loss and he totally supported the all protein no carbs diet. So it is something I am considering. We'll see.

Other than that I am hoping to see a loss this weekend but I truly doubt it. I might have a gain if anything else sad to say.

I am off to bed. You will hear from me in the morning.Bye
Kina

grizzlyschick
09-28-2002, 05:27 AM
:strong: Way to go with the exercise Manatees! I busted my behind this week at the gym. With my increase in speed and time on the bike I can really tell a difference in my thighs just in the last two weeks. The bad thing is that again my body is revolting. I've hit another plateau. Weight went up and down all week and this morning I was back at my start. So no loss for me this week. Yet instead of whining like I usually do I'm just going to accept it and keep trying until it starts coming off again. Kina- passing out must have scared you. I've tried the all protein, no carb thing and it was successful for me once before. But I didn't have the energy level that I've had this time. I found that I need at least a little carbs- especially with working out. Hope you find what will work for you.:) Well I must run mandatory overtime today. I hate mandatory Saturdays!!!:mad: Di

Gennel
09-28-2002, 11:53 AM
Well today is the WI day again! I know it hasnt been a full 7 days since we started this challenge :) I stayed the same so I have nothing to be jumping up and down for and nothing to be complaining over either.
So here goes :) Grizzly I wasnt able to get your PM cause my mailbox was full ,sorry :( . If anyone had a loss ,gain or just maintained just let me know please.

Gen..Goal 3 lbs...( Maintained)

Grizzlyshick..Goal..10 lbs

Kina..Goal..10 lbs

Laney1733..Goal 6 lbs

Yoyomom.Goal 2 lbs..

Manatees..Goal 8 lbs...

Sahvara..Goal 6 lbs..Loss 3 lbs

Marlana..Goal 10 lbs ...
Gen
194/136/130
" IF YOU WANT YOUR DREAMS TO COME TRUE,WAKE UP"

Kina
09-28-2002, 04:46 PM
I am keeping this short and sweet...maintain for the week. I plan to work extra hard this coming week.

Until next time. I am crossing my fingers for all you losers.
Kina

Marlana
09-29-2002, 11:32 AM
I'm always a day late and a dollar short. I want to challenge myself to lose 10 pounds in the next 3 weeks. I would say it's going to be tough because I'm going on vacation in a couple of weeks. But I'm not going to say it. What you say you'll get, so I'll just say this. I can do this and I am going to do this.
10 pounds in 3 weeks!

laney1733
09-30-2002, 10:21 AM
Sorry, I missed weigh in day. I was at 192 on the 28th. Down two plounds from the 194 I was when I started the challenge. This week is going great! So far I've lost three pounds in five days. Of course I stayed exactly the same for a week and a half before that!:( Hang in there everyone! I'm plugging away, just wish this wasn't such a slow process!! I'm off to walk now. Have a great week all!!:D

Manatees
09-30-2002, 10:54 AM
Hi All

I forgot to weigh in sat and Sunday we left early for a football game. So I'm happy to say I'm down 1 pound. Can't believe after all the tail gateing I still lost a pound. It must have been the long walk to level 3 of the stadium. lol

Yoyo Mom
09-30-2002, 01:14 PM
Well, I didn't forget to weigh-in, but I sure didn't feel like posting it. I was UP 3.5 lbs!!! Luckily, it was TOM the next day. I had lost track of when it was due but I was sure hoping that was the explanation. I haven't tried re-weighing yet. It was a very tough weekend eating-wise... party Fri night, eat out Sat night, party Sun night. Plus I was discouraged by the scale reading. So, we'll see where I am at the next weigh-in. I hope that the gain evaporates even if I don't show net progress.

Took an hour-long walk in the woods today, which was very enjoyable and even counts as exercise to boot.

Sahvara
09-30-2002, 01:42 PM
Well, event though I'm not listed, I signed up for 6lbs. I'm down about 5 so far. I did a huge overhaul of my eating/exercise patters. I only have 1lb to go. Laterz!

~Sahvara

chubbybunny
09-30-2002, 02:37 PM
Hi everyone, i'm new to this, but a challenge sounds like a good place to start. I've been to the gym a few times and put 200 miles on my bike in the past 2 months, but is all i'm doing is maintaining where i'm at. I guess that's all good and well, but i would like to see a few lbs go away. I don't want to loose them, because i seem to find them again later on. I want to just get rid of them. I'm going to try to get ride of 2lbs a week, 8 in a month. I'm going to need some support for this one. chubbybunny

Yoyo Mom
10-01-2002, 04:03 AM
Sahvara, what a great start! I found that this challenge was really what I needed to get my diet in gear as well. Five pounds is a great big step towards goal!

CBunny, you may want to sign up for 6 pounds for this challenge because we are one week into the challenge already. That's still way more than I'm shooting for but you are going about it the right way by focusing on exercise.

My eating yesterday wasn't out of control but it wasn't OP either. Too many "just one bites". I have three half-eaten cakes as well as bags of open snacks (chips, Jax, etc) and assorted grill meats hanging around from the parties.

I have decided how to avoid eating any more of the snacks... I shall designate them as belonging to my daughter's school snacks. Once I think of a food as belonging to her I don't have too much trouble with it.

The cakes now belong to my husband and he really is a cake fiend. Except the carrot cake (which he doesn't like but I do). I will have to find a way to come to terms with that carrot cake.

On the plus side, I went out for a second, even longer walk with DH and DD + dog last evening.

Yoyo Mom
10-02-2002, 05:15 AM
Well, I seem to have vanquished the party ghosts. I haven't touched the snacks since I designated them as being my daughter's. I also foisted off two of the cake remainders (including the carrot cake) on a friend. Hubby finished off the third (and was a little tiffed that the triple chocolate truffle cake had vanished in his absense).

I knew I was going to have to crate the dog for longer than usual yesterday, so I took her out for a nice long fast walk in the woods prior and also a more leisurely one afterwards. I do like walking... it is such a time sink but I need to do it for myself... and the dog. The dog hadn't been getting any high-quality walks... just down our driveway and back twice a day (though our "driveway" is 1/3 mile long, so it's not nothing). Now I am trying to incrporate more "real" walks for her (and me, and hopefully DH and/or DD too).

No time like the present. I'm gonna grab a flashlight and go for an early morning walk now!

Gennel
10-02-2002, 04:11 PM
Hi Marlana, I just put you on the challenge list.
Chubbybunny, were you interested in joining the challenge? Just let me know and I'll put you down for a few lbs.
Well I havent been on much. My sister came to visit me and spent the week with her shopping. This past week my mom was cooking like everyday! Fattening foods too! She made pigfeet, yes you heard right,pigfeet. Codfish in tons of olive oil with yellow rice.Then we took my sis to eat at a famous Rib place called Tony Romas. Well I had the half slab of ribs,baked potato and 1/2 cup coleslaw serving,margarita and spinach dip too! The point is not to have 3 fattening meals a day. I had very light meals and made sure I went to the gym at least 1 hour on that elliptical monster lol . After all this I still managed to maintain my weight so I'm starting to feel comfortable on how I can maintain my current weight without having to journal everything down anymore. I do think journaling is very important when you still have a long way to go.
Well if anyone else wants to join the challenge please PM me :)

ttyl!
Gen
194/136/130

Apple Blossom
10-02-2002, 04:52 PM
Hi, I haven't posted in a while because I thought I was pregnant! I was a WHOLE WEEK LATE!!! We have not decided if we are going to have another baby (there are 2 cuties already) so we are not especially careful if you know what I mean. But I'm getting sick of the stress that comes every month and that's also the most likely reason why I was so late.... It's decision time I think. Anyway, I of course wasn't dieting for the last week or so. I was pigging out, as I do when I am stressed. I haven't stepped on the scale, but I'm guessing a gain.....:(
I'm sticking to 4 pounds this month. I am determined to weigh 145 six months from now...unless of course, the baby is approved:bb: So lets see, that's less than 4 pounds a month!!! Peice of cake!:yes:
Hope everyone else is doing well, keep sticking to it!!:cb:

grizzlyschick
10-05-2002, 09:37 AM
Hi everyone- well I lost 2 pounds this week. I'm surprised because the losses came on the days that I had more calories. I'm wondering if maybe I need to up my calories. I've more or less stuck to 1200- 1400 calories since I started but I'm wondering if with working out if maybe that's just not enough for my body. Any ideas? Let me know. Anyway I'm grateful for the two pounds after the couple weeks of nothing. Take care. Di
:)

Gennel
10-05-2002, 12:21 PM
I've been having problems with my computer lately,hubby is running scan disk and its been running since yesterday! Already found 2 viruses :headache:

This week has been the same for me so no losses here. I know I could push myself and be a little more strict. The truth is I'm sort of comfortable at this weight so I dont have that powerful determination that I MUST do this. However! ....I havent given up on my goal weight if 130 lbs! Its only 6 freakin lbs away!!!! lol

My Private message box is full and I cant access it now. So PLEASE post here if you had any losses this week ...

Gen..Goal 3 lbs...( Maintained)

Grizzlyshick..Goal..10 lbs..Loss 2lbs

Kina..Goal..10 lbs..Loss 0.5 lbs

Laney1733..Goal 6 lbs..Loss 3 lbs

Yoyomom.Goal 2 lbs..

Manatees..Goal 8 lbs...

Marlana..Goal 10 lbs ...

Appleblossom..Goal 4 lbs..Loss 2 lbs

Gen 194/136/130

Kina
10-05-2002, 01:00 PM
Woohoo! I finally see a loss. It may not be extreme but it is a move in the right direction and that is enough to get me happy. Gennel put me down for a loss of -.5 lb ! Thanks.

Sorry I don't have much time to chit chat. I have so much homework and then my friend is having a "FUN" party that she wants me to be at. If I don't get my work done I won't go. So I have to get busy. Talk with all of you later.

Bye. Kina:)

laney1733
10-05-2002, 02:22 PM
I've lost 3 lbs this week! From 192 to 189. I'm elated! I usually walk 3-4 miles a day but I missed THREE days this week. I was helping my sister move those days though so I guess that counts for some exercise. I ate poorly those days too. I don't know what's going on, maybe my body needed those extra calories?? I donno, but I'm happy about it. It sounds like everyone else is doing very well too! Congratulations everyone!!!

Apple Blossom
10-05-2002, 09:02 PM
:D Hurray! I don't know how it happened, but I lost 2 pounds last week! After a week of total stress and pigging out. I mean, LOTS & LOTS of cookies.
:cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:
By the way, Gennel, I noticed I'm not even on your list for this one, I'm shooting for 4 pounds this month.
My spirits are up and I'm hoping I'm finally on my way to 139.
In my last post, I mentioned that I wanted to weigh 145 in 6 months, forgetting that my ultimate goal is 139. So scratch the 145, I'm going for it! And my math skills are rusty, that would be only 2 1/2 #s per month. Whoa, that makes it sound so easy. Ha!
Hope everyone is having a great week-end!

Manatees
10-05-2002, 11:00 PM
Hi all

I lost a half a pound this week. So that makes my loss for the challenge so far 1 1/2 pounds. Great job everyone. TOM is just around the corner so that means the chocolate cravings will be in full force. I haven't made it to the club in 3 days and I'm going nuts. I can't wait to get there tomorrow morning.

suebear
10-06-2002, 09:01 PM
hi, I,d like to join the 4 week challange . I am going to go for 8 lbs . i am married 25 years. no children. and work full time at a local hotel as an executve housekeeper.
I like to read, walk and get enough of it at work daily. When I am not at work I try to walk 3 to 4 miles aday. I would like to lose at least 70 lbs. this just what I need to help me get started

Gennel
10-07-2002, 10:08 AM
I haven't been able to get into my private messages folder until today!!!! I'm so sorry if anyone has tried to send me a message and was unable to send it.

Appleblossom I just edited the chart and I put your awesome loss for this week:cp:

Kina I imagine how you feel to finally see a loss! :flow1:

I hope everyone is doing well and keeps it up. Remember once you get to your destinations it's not over. When I had 50 lbs to go I just couldn't wait to get to the 130's . I'm here now and I still have to make wise food choices and exercise. I didn't go to the Gym Friday . Saturday I skipped the Gym as well but I was outside mowing the front and back yard. TRUST me I burned a lot calories!!! The whole thing is to keep active.
This year I've decided to dress up for Halloween :wizard:
Since hubby's birthday is so close to Halloween we decided to celebrate it by dressing up and going to a club that night. Hubby will be dressed as a doctor with his stethoscope and all and Iwill be Nurse Gen lol . I'll be taking pics and probably posting them here later on :)
Have a great monday!

Gen
194/136/130

Yoyo Mom
10-09-2002, 06:39 AM
Well, here's my belated checkin. I did lose part of the 3.5 I had gained but not all. I lost two pounds last week (yes I did weigh on Saturday) but since I had been up 3.5 that means I am still net up 1.5. I haven't weighed myself since Saturday and I hope the remaining extra vanishes by the next weigh-in. I'm pretty much back on track but I sure do get punished when I make a little slip.

BTW, I dyed my hair last night for the first time in 5 years. I had been dying it prior to getting pregnant with DD to get rid of the gray. Since then it's proliferated and I never felt like getting back into the commitment of banishing the gray. But I did it and I'm very happy with the result. It goes well with a thinner body! ;).

Dips'n'twists
10-09-2002, 10:30 AM
Hello Ladies,

I have to admit. When I lost 17 lbs, I got dilussional and thought I could magically maintain my new figure while going back to my old eating habits. The 5 lbs I gained jolted me back to reality. So I am joining this challenge and rebuilding the motivation I tossed aside in my time of success.

If I may take this time to vent, I can't stand my boyfriend right now. While I work my butt off at the gym, he sits back and eat's cheetoes, pizza, and chips ahoy cookies all day. Then the other day he says to me, "I think you've inspired me, I think I'm gonna start eating right....naaaww". HE DOESN'T GAIN AN OUNCE UHHHH!

Just when I thought I'd come to terms with the fact that I'm not one of the "lucky ones"....oh well, Keep up the good work, Ladies!!

-Dips-

CW: 135 lbs
Goal: 120 lbs

Gennel
10-10-2002, 12:33 PM
Dipsn Twists, I know how you feel. That was the mistake I made the last time I lost weight. I went back to eating to my old ways and slowly gained it all back and some. You are on the right track since you nipped it right when You gained 5 lbs. I just kept on gaining and felt I didnt know how to start again.My entire family is fat and right now I'm the thinnest one at 136 lbs. I've been able to maintain 58 lbs off only because I go to the gym and dont go overboard with food. I'm only human though! lol I do eat Mcd fries, or ribs or that occasional slice of pizza. But maybe once a week. My neighbor's friend is in her 40's has 3 kids. This woman eats anything and everything.I mean she'll eat one of those long bakery breads with coffee,thena big lunch etc.... And she weighs like 95 lbs! She's tried everything to gain weight and nothing works for her. However many thin people end up with major heart problems,cholesterol,blood pressure or diabetes ,because of their eating habits. So even though I have to work harder to maintain a healthy weight ,I know I'm healthy on the inside as well. But I hear ya! It ticks me off sometimes to see a super thin person eating 3 slices of pizza lol.
I almost forgot to ask! Dips n Twists: How many lbs did you want to challenge yourself to lose by Oct 23 ? Thats when our challenge ends I beleive. Let me know so I can enter you .Just weigh yourself on saturday and send me a private message with pounds you lost ,gained or maintained.
Yoyomom, I love getting my hair dyed ! I dont know how old you are but I'm 32 and full of grey hairs. Of course I only get to see about 1 inch of them before I dye my hair again lol.I'm glad to read that you're back on track , those last few lbs will come off soon.
I might not be around until LATE,late Saturday night to read the posts or my messages so dont think I forgot any of you please! My hubby and I will be having a booth for Cotton Candy and Popcorn, Bouncehouse for a Puerto Rican Festival and its the entire weekend starting tomorrow.

Gen(hoping for some kind of loss this week!)

194/136/130

Kina
10-10-2002, 05:11 PM
I don't know what it is but my weight keeps going up and down. It doesn't know where it wants to be I just know I hope that this Saturday will show a loss or a maintain instead of a gain.

Talk again.
Kina

angieME
10-10-2002, 06:45 PM
I am a 30 year old married mom to 3 kids,ages 10(almost 11)and twin 9 year olds.I used to weigh 265.5 and I lost it all and was at 130 pounds BUT... I lost track and I now weigh 206.5 pounds AAAHHH!!!!This time I intend to lose it for good.Hopefully all of you can help with support. I will try to lose at least 8 pounds this month(knock on wood).

By the way I have a wholesale bakery at my house so I may need a few kicks in the butt!!!!!*grin* If I slip kick me hard...I won't get mad:s:

Dips'n'twists
10-11-2002, 04:05 AM
Gennel,

I'm going to aim for 5 lbs. I'll be on the scale tomorrow to see if any of the 135 lbs I saw last week are gone this week. Thank you for your support.

Yoyomom, way to go, girl! I wish I could dye my hair but I'm in the army and they have strict regulations about appearance and hair is at the top of the list. Wear it well!

Kina, I know at times this whole process can be frustrating, we all do but don't loose focus. Your gonna do it, girl!

angieMe, welcome. I hope you find all the support you need here. Remember to stay on track because we all want to hear good news at the end of each week.

Later girls!

-Dips-

grizzlyschick
10-12-2002, 04:15 PM
Hi everyone- I'm down 3 pounds. Unfortunately, TOM has begun, I'm miserable, bloated and knowing I'm really going to have to work hard next week to see any kind of loss. Take care and hope everyone has a good weekend. Di:)

Kina
10-12-2002, 07:15 PM
Jot me down for a maintain Gennel. Okay on my way out for the evening with the family.

Talk again.
Kina

laney1733
10-12-2002, 08:17 PM
One pound this week. It's been a dozy of aweek here. Hoping for better next week. BUT, that one pound put me at te -20 mark! Waahoo. Cangrats all on yor hard wok!:D

Gennel
10-13-2002, 12:18 AM
I just got home, took a long hot shower! I was working in a Puerto Rican Festival from 12 pm - 11 pm ...I am totally exhausted!!!!!!!!1:faint: Selling cotton candy,popcorn and bouncehouse rides ahhhhh!!!!

Well I finally managed to lose a pound! Weighing 135 now. Tomorrow is our last day selling at the festival ..Thank GOD! My legs cant take anymore pain lol. Congrats to all the losers this week.If I made a mistake on the chart please let me know. I'm super sleepy right now but I just had to stop by and say hi :)

Gen..Goal 3 lbs... Loss 1 lb

Grizzlyshick..Goal..10 lbs..Loss 5 lbs

Kina..Goal..10 lbs..Loss 0.5 lbs (maintained)

Laney1733..Goal 6 lbs..Loss 4 lbs

Yoyomom.Goal 2 lbs..

Manatees..Goal 8 lbs...

Marlana..Goal 10 lbs ...

Kempyd..Goal.. 2.5 lbs

Dipsntwists..Goal..5 lbs

Ge
194/135/130

Apple Blossom
10-13-2002, 02:07 PM
I maintained my weight this week.
Next week is going to be tough because my nephews were visiting yesterday and now I have 3 different kinds of ice cream in my freezer, not to mention leftovers that I can't possibly eat if I'm hoping to drop a few more #s to meet my goal. Exercise will be my focus this week!
Welcome to Dips, angieme & suebear!:wave: We can do it!

angieME
10-14-2002, 10:03 AM
Hi everyone,
I made it through my weekend of breadmaking with mom and I didn't screw up!!!!YEAH, I made it through my first weekend so now I know I can get what I have gained back off for good.I will weigh in on Wednesdays.I'm gonna try really hard for an 8 pound weight loss this month

angieME
10-16-2002, 08:19 AM
I just weighed in. I was not expecting to lose too much since it took me 3 days of dieting to actually get up the courage to weigh myself so I was assuming most of the bloat had left.Well, today I jumped on the scales and I have lost 6 pounds this week!!!!YEAH!!!I am feeling good.

starting weight 206.5
current weight 200.5:^: :^:

Gennel
10-16-2002, 09:02 AM
Wow Angie!!!!
I dont even have to imagine how you must have felt! I know that feeling and its a great feeling!!! Wow 6 lbs!!!
When I had a good loss in a week that really made me even more motivated to keep going. I know some people see a loss and they go celebrate with food! :nono:
Keep it going ,you can do this girl .

I hope everyone is doing well and not quitting on themselves. I've heard sooooo many times" I just need motivation" Isnt being unhappy with how you look and feel enough motivation?
I was listening to some interview the other day. This actress that is in the show ER ,I think. Lost 120 lbs! They asked her how she didnt give up,what kept her motivated. She said " Something just clicked, Iwanted this and that kept me focused" Thats how I felt. Finally the "click" happened and I didnt want to go back to the way I was ever again. The other day I was cleaning out my nighttable drawer and found an old letter dated Feb 2,2002. I could not believe it was me writing like this. Iwas journaling about my weight and how I felt. I wrote that I would just feel so much better with at least 40 lbs off. Well I've passed that by now.
I'm slowly building up my wardrobe again, my closet was empty. Now I'm addicted to shopping.I have to buy at least one thing every week! I hated shopping with my husband but now he goes with me and picks out the clothes for me ... I can be in the dressing room and shout to him" honey I need this in a size 6! or 7! That sounds so good to say it and mean it!
In my closet I still have 2 pair of size 16/18 shorts hanging there. That is my constant reminder that if I dont take care of myself ...
Well I'm off to the gym.
ttyl
Gen
194/135/130
" If you want your dreams to come true,wake up"

Kempyd
10-18-2002, 11:35 AM
I think this might be working! My big test is when my hubby goes out of town. I get very lazy and don't want to cook the right foods. I usually end up eating cookies or pizza for dinner. I feel like if he isn't home there is no reason for me to even care. This week I tried my hardest to stay away from the bad stuff. I did yoga when I got home and made sure that I ate a salad with dinner. I weighted in a week early but I have lost 2.5 lbs. Thatis what my goal was for this challenge. Now that it is off, for the last week of the challenge I will need to keep it off. That is the goal that I want right know. Baby steps.

angieME
10-18-2002, 01:28 PM
Congrats on yopur 2.5 pound loss Kempyd!!!You can do it while your husband is away.Do you like Uncle Ben's rice bowls? They are quick and for 1 person and quite filling.I also make mini pizzas on english muffins.As you can see I like quick foods. Good Luck

Gennel
10-18-2002, 02:05 PM
:dizzy: :D :spin: :cb: :cp: :hat: :flow1: :cloud9: :cloud9:

Ok now that I've done the happy dance for at least 5 hours! I dont know how but I have a clue exactly this happened this week!!! I've been very busy these past two weeks and have only been to the gym about 3 times a week at most. Starting this past monday I headed to the gym and stayed my hour and pedaled that Elliptical machine faster than usual so I was burning around 740 calories each time I used it, I ate very healthy this week. This morning I got on the scale and I wanted to get back in bed cause I thought I was dreaming. I called my husband to come weigh me cause I needed a witness!!! I'm at 130 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That was my goal ,my dream goal was 125 but 130 seems more realistic for me. If I ever get to 125 then I'll get there. But I am sooooooooo happy to reach my goal. My Main goal now is to keep doing the challenges just to personally maintain.
I have to celebrate I just dont know how. I think I already got a little gift for myself yesterday so that should count lol. I walked into Victoria's Secret (something I would never do) Bought myself a white garter belt,those sheer silky thigh stockings,lace /satin bras and a white matching thong. lol
Ladies, this can be done. You can do this and you will all get there. Remember why you want this so bad and never forget it.
My journey began Feb of this year and I reached my destination Oct 18. It wasnt all easy but it didnt kill me either lol. I dont have to be terrified of eating out or going to a BBQ. One or two/three ribs wont kill me. But you wont see eating a rack of ribs anymore.
Tomorrow is weigh in Day but the Final Weigh in is the 23rd( I think) So anyone that wants to wait until Wednesday to give me their final weigh in for this challenge can do so.

Gen
194/130/130 AT GOAL!:cloud9:

Gennel
10-18-2002, 02:08 PM
Good going Kempyd!!!

You should be sooooooo proud of yourself girl!!!! Especially for eating so well while hubby was gone. It's great you will focus on maintaining fo rthe remainder time we got on the challenge.:cp:

Gen
194/130/130 (At Goal!!!)

angieME
10-18-2002, 03:40 PM
Wow Gen congratulations to you!!!!I know how great it feels to be at 130 and I cant wait to get there again and stay there this time for good.Do you notice now that people look at you instead of past you? It felt so wierd when I was there to actually have men look AT me and you do get treated differently.OH YOU HAVE ME SO MOTIVATED NOW!!!!GOOD FOR YOU!!!!

Gennel
10-18-2002, 04:09 PM
Yes Angie ,
Ive noticed the same things. I get the looks from men looking me up and down. But the only one that matters looking at me now is my hubby. Who's loved me through thick & thin,literally! I'm surprised at how much help Iget in the stores now,how many guys want to help carry my bags.But I used to have a little grudge because before I was invisible and now I'm visible. I let that grudge go and I'm enjoying myself now.
Angie , dont let go of motivation and determiniation! You can and will do this if you want it bad enough.

ttyl,
Gen
194/130/130(at Goal!)

Kina
10-18-2002, 04:39 PM
I am so happy for you Gennel. I can only dream of being 130 right now...because that is too far for me that it would only get my head to think of wanting tomorrow. When tomorrow comes and I don't have it that will be my downslide. But I enjoy hearing all of you alls successes. Because if somebody did it then I know it wasn't a paid advertisement and I can do it also.

Actually I have a bit of good news as well. As of Monday I have been able to maintian 192. So that means 4.5 lbs gone for the challenge. BUT you said we have till the 23rd which is even better perhaps I can get another pound off.

One more bit of excitement to add. Well you all kow that when you lose weight you're closet also needs a makeover. Well I had some smaller size jeans on layaway at Wal Mart and finally got them out when I realized ZI was only 2 lbs away from my goal. THEY FIT!!!!!! I am officially out of the plus size jeans. Now the trick is to get myself to adjust comfortably into the regular size shirts. But then I went to Wal Mart today to return an outfit I wasn't too crazy after looking at myself in it...it looked like a pajama, anyway I kind of felt my size 18 jeans were a bit too comfortable and I wanted to see how a 16 would fit....IT FIT!!!! So instead of buying the size 16 jeans I went and bought myself some sexy undergarments. Something DH has been asking me to do for a while now. I'm not too crazy about the idea but I figured it may get me motivated.

I am on my way to do some errands. I will talk to all of you again. Gennel don't jot my loss down just yet...I hope to have another pound gone by the 23rd. Thank you for your support and way to go on your great accomplishment. I can only dream of your excitement. I bet you want to climb up on a microphone and just scream your lungs out. Way to go! That is so great. KUDOS to you. Okay talk to you all later.
Kina

grizzlyschick
10-19-2002, 11:36 AM
:jig: :hat: Gennel- Way to go! So how does 130 feel? Is it heavenly? I'm so proud of you. You too Kina- you guys are doing so great! Well I had a wonderful week! I lost 6 pounds! Yes 6! I am in shock. I realized what was wrong with my workouts. Since I've been losing I've been doing a little bit longer distance but the calories burned was getting lower as my weight lowered. I'm so stupid I never noticed that- Anyway I adjusted the time and speed until I burned the same calories as I did at the higher weight and the pounds flew off. I don't know how long the pounds will keep coming off with this routine, or if I can keep the energy up to keep at the pace it takes now to burn those calories, but the motivation you all are giving by your losses is going to keep pushing me to do it. So Gennel put me down for a 6 pound loss. So that's 111 off and 59 to go. I want to lose at least 20 more by Jan 1st, then I'll finally be below 200. Congrats to all the people who have lost and welcome to all the new members I haven't said hello to. Take care all- Di:D

laney1733
10-19-2002, 08:06 PM
I'm only down a pound this week. I've been doingawful. Low motivation, high stress, no time. Anyway, hubby talked about getting a treadmill tonight. That would be a tremendous help! I'm very excited at the possibility.:D Congrats to all you!! Six pounds in a week!! I would be floating on a high, high cloud!!! Enjoy,

grizzlyschick
10-20-2002, 08:02 AM
Hi Serina- Did you get the treadmill?:) The treadmill is what I use at the gym everyday, and I absolutely love it! The strength and endurance I've built up using it is unbelievable. I've found that doing the intervals. One 5 minute session at a lower speed and then 5 at a higher speed and alternating for the whole workout is what works for me. I read that interval training kicks in your metabolism- something I needed a lot of help with:lol: Anyway hope you get one! I'm crossing my fingers for you! Take care-
Di

laney1733
10-20-2002, 10:16 PM
I haven't bought one yet. Hoping to this week though. I went out looking at them today after doin a little research but it is overwhelming. I don't know what to buy!! I want to keep it under $1000. But my dh weighs 265 so we need a powerful one. Ack, I'm so confused!! I will get one though, I know I've been slacking with my walking because it is soo cold. I have to take the baby with me when I walk and I don't like having her out in the cold so long. With a treadmill I can walk while she naps, no more excuses!! Thank you for the kind words.:) Does anyone have any advice on buying one? Which one do you have? Do you like it? Help!

Gennel
10-20-2002, 10:39 PM
Congrats Grizzly and Laney onyour losses this week!
Wednesday is the last day and let me know so I can post the final chart for this challenge. I will do another challenge soon ! I want to maintain ,maintain,maintain! For this month so that's my goal.

night ladies!
Gen
194/130/130 (At Goal!)

angieME
10-21-2002, 08:58 AM
hi Laney,
I actually used to weigh 265 pounds myself and I bought a Sears Lifestyler treadmill from the store for about 350.00 5 years ago. It has worked great and I have used it to death. When I lost my weight 2 years ago I walked on it for at least 1 hour every day of the week but most of the time it was 1 1/2 hours a day.I haven't had any trouble with it yet. Good Luck finding one.

Kina
10-21-2002, 09:44 AM
I have been able to maintain my 192 over the weekend. Weekends are killer for me. I didn't get on my elliptical machine all this weekend however I did clean house all day Sunday. Today the kids have dentist appts and today is also my son's 9th birthday. Of course we will celebrate and then we throw a party this weekend for both our boys. They were born a year and a week apart.

Okay well i best be going I have to get dressed already. It's so funny remember the mention that the kids have a dentist appt? Well ironically the cartoon DOUG is showing and it is about him having to go to the dentist and how nervous he is. That is so curiously planned.

Bye. Kina

laney1733
10-21-2002, 12:29 PM
Thank you! I will go look at them today!:)

Psych
10-21-2002, 01:06 PM
Hello everyone, my nickname is Psych, because that's what I hope to be one day, NO NOT a psycho, a psychologist that is...
In short, I have lost 45 pounds in 4 months 2 years ago and as you all probably know that the faster you lose it the faster you gain it, I have gained all this weight back plus unfornatunely more. I have decided to join the forum because I need motivation to lose 70 pounds. I'm now 210lbs and I would like to be 140 lbs. So I'll do it 10 pounds at a time. So I want to join you in the four weeks challenge to lose 10 pounds...
I need your support to start eating healthy and excersing...how do you gals do it?
Hope to hear your replies soon...

Talk to you later
Psych:dizzy:

Psych
10-21-2002, 02:38 PM
Hello everyone, I just realized that tomorrow is the last day of the 4 weeks challenge, oh well, I guess I will start anyways, and then join another challenge once another one comes up...
Congrats to all of you who reached their goal, keep going you are my insipration...

PsYcH

angieME
10-21-2002, 03:46 PM
Hi Psych,
You sound just like me. I lost 135 pounds and I have gained 75 of it back. I just lost 6 so I still have a long ways to go. But since I have lost it once I KNOW I can do it again.I think they are going to do another one of these for November. Am I right girls? Please lets do another one.

wykyd
10-21-2002, 05:06 PM
A great idea! Four weeks is probably my maximum to stay continuously committed. I'm sorry I missed this one, but I'm up for the next challenge if one starts. My goal would be 6-8lbs, I started at 231 a couple of weeks ago and I'm now 228 (lost two , put on two, you know the drill...)so I seem to lose a pound every 3-4 days or so, at least at the moment. I agree with Kina that weekends are the killer- friends and family dropping by, going out places, its hard to stick to the water and healthy food routine.

:devil:

laney1733
10-21-2002, 10:12 PM
Well, I did it! I went to Sears and bought a treadmill. They didn't have a single Lifestyler. Maybe they changed the name or else stopped selling them at Sears?? I ended up buying a Pro Form. It was on sale, $200 off and we got no interest till March. So, it wasn't too bad. I was very glad to hear that someone did have a very good experience with a less expensive treadmill. Everything that I read kept saying that you couldn't get a decent running one for less then $1000-$1500. I'm relieved to hear that that is not everyone's experience. So, know I have this beautiful piece of machinery in my livingroom. I'm so excited! It seems to work me harder than my walks at the park. I usually walk 3-4 miles at about 3-3.2 miles per hour at the park. It does have little rolling hills too. I can do this easy, no heavy breathing or sweating involved. I got on the treadmill and did 1&1/4 miles at 3% incline, 3mph and I was really working. Not huffing and panting but I could definately feel it. My question is, wouldn't the two be pretty equal as far as dificulty? Does anyone else find it more challenging on a treadmill?? Maybe I'm crazy....Anyway, thanks for listening to me babble, everyone have a great evening!!:)

angieME
10-22-2002, 07:31 AM
Lifestyler and pro form are the same thing. I think mine actually has both on it. Yeah I think I take more of a beating on the treadmill than just walking outdoors.LOL I seem to always get blisters on my feet when I use the treadmill but I can walk twice as far outside and not get one.It will help you out tremendously especially with winter coming.I hope you enjoy it. Oh yeah, did you get the extended service plan? just in case?

angieME
10-22-2002, 07:34 AM
I almost forgot...I guess now that it is freezing up here I am going to have to haul mine out of the closet and switch off and on with my bike huh? Serena if you are ever looking for more equipment to buy, I have a recumbent bike that I bought from K Mart for 100.00 that I have used for 2 years too and it has held up well. You may enjoy one of those too. I usually use that at night when I am watching tv because it is quiet so I can hear the tv but I am still moving.I have one piece of equipment that I want but I cant find one cheap enough. A row machine like the ones at the gym. I love those.
Talk to ya later
Angie:strong:

PS: tomorrow is my daughters birthday but I have a plan so I won't screw up. Since I have a bakery I make little cakes(single serve) so I am going to make them each one of those and than buy the Friendlys cups for their ice cream that way there is nothing left over for me to get into)

laney1733
10-22-2002, 12:11 PM
I love your birthday plan!:) Very creative! I'll have to keep that one in mind, ice cream is a personal favorite of mine.;) I did get the extended warranty. I usually never buy those plans; like with tvs and such. But everything I read said it was a good idea to get it. I did another 45 mins on it this morning, my legs have a gentle ach going on now. It's funny you should mention the bike because I was really torn over whether to get a treadmill or a bike. Actually, biking is my sport of choice but I couldn't this year because the baby isn't ready to ride in the infant seat yet. That's the only reason I've been walking this year. I almost changed my mind at the last minute and got the bike. I was riding it in the store and I loved it. And they're so much cheaper! So, I told dh that if I walk on it regularly this winter, I want a bike next year! He kind of ignored me, but I'm a pretty determined person.;) Final weigh in is tomorrow and I have one pound to go to reach my 6 pound goal. Actually, I think only 1/2 a pound because the scale was tetering between 187-186 this morning. I guess we'll see tomorrow. I do hope we do this again!!:^:
Angie, you own your own bakery? That is so neat!! I'd love to visit! It seems like there are so few small family bakeries left (at least around here). All the huge grocery stores have bakeries but their stuff is just never as good!!:?: How on earth can you diet in a bakery? I would just cry every morning I think. You must have the will power of a goddess.:)
Everyone take care and best wishes for weigh in tomorrow!!!:grouphug:

angieME
10-22-2002, 01:43 PM
My bakery is just out of a building I had built in my back yard. We make donuts and pastries and deliver to all of the convenience stores in our area and neighboring towns. I like it better that way than by having a store front that I have to run.This way we cook,deliver and we are done. Someone else has to stand around all day and sell it. I don't have a problem with my baked goods because i look at them as money made so I am not tempted to eat them but my passion is Chinese takeout or any take out for that matter. LOL. Now when i bake cookies or cakes in the House those I have to eat. I think I am a little weird.* grin*

I cant wait to weigh in tomorrow. I hope I did well but if not at least I don't feel bloated and lazy anymore.

Gennel
10-22-2002, 11:48 PM
Hi everyone. I popped in here tonight very late ...sorry:shrug:
Tomorrow is final weigh in. Everyone is doing great! I promise to start another challenge Starting Thursday. I will post a link on this thread . These challenges help me keep going and maintaining. I will be posting pics of me and the hubby dressed up for Halloween next week promise! I actually bought a size 6 mini skirt and it fits! It totally depends on namebrands when it comes to sizes.I'm now a size 6-8. I'm hooked buying these high heeled sandals now which I was NEVEr able to wear for more than 30 min! I'm giving my hubby a birthday party and no diet food will be served that night! Terryaki meatballs( umm made of ground turkey lol) crab/macaroni salad, and yellow rice & beans.

Have a good day!

Gen
194/130/130 (at goal!)

angieME
10-23-2002, 07:25 AM
Today is Final weigh day for the challenge. I lost 3 pounds this week!!!!Put me down for a total of 9 pounds lost this month.Pretty good since I was only expecting 8.I am so happy!!!I am surprised i stuck to it with all the stress. Remember that I am trying to help my mom get into the bread business well $1000.00 of my money and 3 weeks later she has decided it is not for her and she is done so I am left holding the bag.AAAHHH!!!!

SW206.5/CW197.5/GW130.0

Gennel
10-23-2002, 08:33 AM
How's everyone today?/
I'm here a bit early today :wave:
Angie ,let me know what your goal was again for this challenge we just did? You did great losing 9 lbs this month girl!!!!!
I'm at the same weight . Remember everybody that I will start another challenge tomorrow!.

Has anyone seen that scary movie called " THE RING" I thought I was pretty brave for scary movies. I remember when I was a teenager seeing every scary movie that came out. Well I saw this one! :fr: The ending is what totally freaked me out . I was fine until I went to turn off my bedroom light lol. I kept staring at my TV and wanted to disconnect it lol.
Well I'm waiting to digest my breakfast so I can go to theGym . I still havent found this "love" for the gym! But boy do I feel guilty if I skip a day! Its a stupid weird feeling like" Oh my God
I probably gained like 8 lbs! " lol

Gen..Goal 3 lbs... Loss 6 lbs

Grizzlyshick..Goal..10 lbs..Loss 11 lbs

Kina..Goal..10 lbs..Loss 0.5 lbs (maintained)

Laney1733..Goal 6 lbs..Loss 5 lbs

Yoyomom.Goal 2 lbs..

Manatees..Goal 8 lbs...

Marlana..Goal 10 lbs ...

Kempyd..Goal.. 2.5 lbs

Dipsntwists..Goal..5 lbs

AngieME..Goal 8 lbs ? Loss 9 lbs

Kempyd
10-23-2002, 10:18 AM
I wanted to maintain this week but I actually dropped one more pound. I don't know how that happened since I should be carrying some water weight right now. PMS has set in. I got up this morning and went to the gym first thing. I weighted in and had to get off the scale three times to make sure it was right and that it was zeroed out. So that makes 3.5 lbs for this challenge. I still can not get over how much this place helps me.

Great job Angie! I am sure that you worked hard and it has paid of f for you. Keep up the good work.

Dips'n'twists
10-23-2002, 11:24 AM
Hello Ladies,

I probably have the oddest success story ever! I've been eating right and working out over the last month just to be stuck at 135. I was soooooo irritated. I'm looking at all your success stories (good job Gals!!) and I'm like, Dammit! what is wrong with me. The this past weekend I said screw it and went straight for the doritoes, cheese nips, and (god help me) a Jr Whopper combo at Burger King. Feeling a load of guilt on monday, I avoided the scale like the plague, On tuesday I knew I would have to face you all so I got on the scale and prepared for the worst. Imagine my shock to read 132 on my scale. You know I had to get off, wait 2 minutes and get on again, but sure enough 132 it is. Is it success or an evil force trying to drive me crazy? Oh well, didn't reach my goal to loose 5 pounds but 3 isn't bad considering my "bad weekend" I'm gonna move forward and see what happens. Way to go girls, you all rock!!

laney1733
10-23-2002, 01:24 PM
First I want to say congratulations to everyone on your losses. And to those of you maintaining. Is it easier to maintain? Does it get easier? I am really struggling here. I had pizza or dinner last night. I'm sick so dh goe pizza from my favorite place. I hadn't had it in at least 3 months so I don't feel too guilty. But I know these things are not helping my quest!:mad: So, my final wiegh in results are -5 pounds, not the six I was aiming for. I'm trying to convince myself that -5 is better than -0 or even +3! Take care everone..TTFN

Kina
10-23-2002, 07:10 PM
Okay just as I suspected I did gain a pound of my loss. So I have a total of -3 lbs for this challenge. Not as well as I wish but I lost and that is good enough for me. Maybe next time. Becuase I am not giving up that easily.

Bring it on Gennel.

Today's weigh in 193.5! Pretty good.
Way to go to all you losers! bye. See you all on the next thread.
Kina

Gennel
10-24-2002, 12:31 PM
Here's the new challenge link.! This one starts today and ends Nov 24! Yikes just before Thanksgiving!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=277340#post277340

ttyl!
Gen