Weight Loss Support - Mid-Summer BALONEY Snow Cones

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Mid-Summer BALONEY Snow Cones

EZMONEY
05-25-2010, 08:03 PM
That's right TEAM it's time to get ready for those :sunny: mid-summer :sunny:snow cones :woohoo:

We have had a lot of these bologna/baloney threads...from fried to stacked in the last 2 years...:yes:

but guess what?....it was all blah :blah: blah:blah: blah:blah:

We even had the 5 Pound Guarantee Loss Pill threads....:dizzy:

I am still paying off :judge: court fees on that one...who would have thunk my :stir: concoction was nothing more than another diet scam :shrug:

I know nothing! :snooty:....talk to my lawyers!

Circumstances beyond our control :yikes: have brought us to a standstill...

we have lost focus....:(

Are you :yikes: scared?....are you :hyper: anxious?....are you :fr: freaked out about :sunny: summer coming?

Can't wear those jackets to hide the baloney we failed to drop over winter....that we drug along into :flow1: spring?

Well fear not! The :angel:baloney angels:angel: are with us!

They will carry us to :sunny:mid summer where we can :running: walk with pride through those county fairs :cheer:

Some of us may not reach our goals by mid-summer :(...but some of us just might :broc:

The best part about this baloney is there is no pressure to get to our goal before summer :no:...

we simply extend it just a wee bit...

This baloney is not another one of my :crazy: kraaazeee :crazy: ideas :idea: TEAM

This is the real deal :woohoo:

You can feel it can't you?

That mid-summer:drool: delicious county fair :drool: snow cone waiting for you :drool:

dripping down that new clean white T-shirt....

I like to call it redneck tie dye ;)

or :running: running down your arm so it looks like one of those do it yourself tattoos where you :p licked yourself way too looong....:rofl:

So here we go TEAM...we are shooting for mid-summer...

we can do this :cheer3:

Any and all welcome to join our TEAM...

renstwin
05-25-2010, 08:40 PM
Well, it is impossible for me to reach my goal by Midsummer, but I would love to join the team.

I have been at it since January, but have been trouble focusing completely since my vacation earlier this month.

EZMONEY
05-26-2010, 09:07 AM
WELCOME RENSTWIN :)

Don't worry about reaching your goal by mid-summer...not important!

What we focus on here is losing 5 pounds...1 pound at a time..

"We only focus on one pound at a time why class?"

:dunno:

"Knock it off smart alecs...WHY! :mad:"

"Because it's DOABLE!"

"Good answer class...extra helpings of bologna for all of you" :)

EZMONEY
05-26-2010, 09:09 AM
Checked in at 184.2 for the second day in a row....way-way better than last Thursday's 188!

Word on the streets is our very own mrsaugie will be checking in soon with a little weight loss of her own.

toobig
05-26-2010, 09:35 AM
Still 227 this morning, that is so much better than the 260 I was when I started this adventure. 226 or less by the end of the week is my next goal.

MonteCristo
05-26-2010, 10:28 AM
I need some baloney angels! I'm at 177 as of Monday morning.

blondebritbrat17
05-26-2010, 12:00 PM
I still am 205.8 whew.. I was a bit hungry yesterday all day not where it was uncomfortable but just annoying and ended up snacking a bit more. I am considering going back to the store today and stocking up on some more fruits and veggies for snacks. I have some other errands I need to run as well in town. I walked for 30 minutes yesterday even though I REALLY did not want to. Have a great day everyone!
EZMONEY-way to go on the lower weight! I'll be keeping Ms.Augie in my thoughts.

EZMONEY
05-26-2010, 04:44 PM
Well TEAM I got a walk in wioth the mutts this morning...a slow 3 miles, had a lot of stops to chat with neighbors that were out. Ran into an old friend that saw me and turned around, caught up on gossip ;)

Had a can of Campbell's split pea soup and toast for breakfast and just finished a big salad for lunch....

making better choices than those breakfast nachos!

TOOBIG pushing you to 226-! :carrot:

MONTECRISTO those angels are here to help :)

BRAT you will do much better by planning!...outstanding :carrot:

C-YA :)

mtiger
05-26-2010, 08:01 PM
I did 50 min walk/jog today. I did no workout last night. My Gruve didn't even hit blue, let alone green. That's okay. My goal is getting a little too high. I have been sticking to at least 1600 cals for over a week now. I am determined to stick with it for a month and see what happens.

Gary- Who's the hottie you're standing with...the green one. Just kidding. A bologna snow cone you say??? Sounds pretty gross.

EZMONEY
05-26-2010, 09:15 PM
Gary- Who's the hottie you're standing with...the green one. Just kidding. A bologna snow cone you say??? Sounds pretty gross.

Well the hottie in purple is my girlfriend ;) and the one in green is a photo shop Statue Of Liberty :D

Angie's ex took the picture Saturday as we went from Staten Island to New York City...after he took it he said....oops! The lady is behind Gary's head...then he says I'll photo shop it in and send it to ya....hilarious!

In my profile there is one my step-d's boyfriend took with his camera.

One at a time TEAM...one at a time :)

Be Good :)

EZMONEY
05-27-2010, 10:22 AM
:mad: I am up a little this morning to 185...I ate decent yesterday...or so I thought...

really need to get down for the BBQ'ing this week-end...

this could get ugly.....

One at a time TEAM....Be Good :hug:

blondebritbrat17
05-27-2010, 11:19 AM
I walked for thirty minutes yesterday. I think I will up my exercise today to an hour and see what kind of results I get. I didn't really feel like I had gotten a work out yesterday. I went to the store yesterday to get more veggies and fruits to snack on so hopefully today will be better. I forgot to weigh in this morning and have already started eating for the day so tomorrow I'll weigh in. Have a great day!

SCraver
05-27-2010, 02:47 PM
216.8 this morning... down from 217.2 yesterday. ~phew!~ I am up from 213.8. Boo! Oh well, I was only up 4 lbs and am getting right back on track... rather than gaining 20 before getting back on track!! LOL! And, really, 3 - 4 lbs... that is like one good poop and it is gone. It shouldn't even count!

I did a little "walking contest" with the gym today... however, that was after an iced cafe mocha... which was probably a good 200 calories. But darn it, it was worth every darn one. In fact, I would give up lunch right now just to get another one. But I won't!

sotypical
05-27-2010, 02:53 PM
LMAO you threads always make me giggle. So creative.

EZMONEY
05-27-2010, 05:14 PM
BRAT great job on the walking! Frits, nuts...planning...puuuurfect!

SCraver lol....I'm always one good #2 from a few pound loss! You are on the right track! Knowledge is a wonderful thing....around here knowledge is straight up baloney! We can do this....watch those fancy coffee drinks!

Thank you Courtney....hugs....

jendiet
05-27-2010, 06:14 PM
omg, Gary you went to my home town--Staten Island.
I am feeling TOM blues...but not going to let it get me down.

overwhelmed with school this semester, but think i'm still in shock.

eating clean is the name of my game--trying to avoid balogna at all costs.

so is Mrs. Augie's weight a boy or a girl? CONGRATS Mrs. Augie!!!

EZMONEY
05-27-2010, 06:29 PM
Hang in there Jen ~ Yep my step-d went to college on the island ~ it was a girl...precious little thing!

Prayers for good study habits!!

jendiet
05-27-2010, 06:37 PM
awesome!! Congrats on your baby girl!!!! Mrs. Augie. Wow, Staten Island has a college!!! nah, i'm just kidding. I should know that one...left when I was 11 yrs old.

EZMONEY
05-27-2010, 06:40 PM
Actually I saw 2 of them there!

jendiet
05-27-2010, 11:20 PM
wow, I was always told Staten Island was most famous for it's dump! heh. i CAN say that I was born and raised there. I am from the Port Richmond area of Staten Island. Castleton Ave to be exact.

EZMONEY
05-28-2010, 12:02 AM
No clue where that is since it was my first and probably only trip there...but I know our hotel was on Lois Lane!

jendiet
05-28-2010, 09:05 AM
lol...oh yeah..was that next to Clark Kent Blvd. Wow..

EZMONEY
05-28-2010, 09:17 AM
lol...oh yeah..was that next to Clark Kent Blvd. Wow..

Ok KIDDO...I don't know if you are messing with me or not :D I didn't see a Clark Kent road...but swear my hotel was on Lois Lane....

the only major road I remember being on was Clove :)

blondebritbrat17
05-28-2010, 12:28 PM
MsAugie-CONGRATULATIONS!

I am a bit sore today. I didn't make it to 60 minutes walking yesterday but made it to 55 minutes. That is up from 30 minutes in a week. So I am proud of myself still. I just need to work on speed now. My legs keep cramping up pretty good and I keep having to stop to stretch etc so my work out is taking a bit longer than a hour due to me stopping so much and getting off the treadmill. My weight did go up a bit due to those heavy calorie snacks I ate earlier this week when I ran out of my healthy stuff before I went back to the store and got more fruits and veggies. My weight jumped from 205.8 to 211.4 yesterday due to the heavy calorie snacks I ate for a day and half. Shows a big difference wow..But I am now back down to 208.2 already as of this morning. So that proves I will be needing to make two trips to the grocery store most likely. One main shopping trip like we usually do on Saturdays or Sundays then Wednesday run back in for more veggies and fruits only since I am running out by Wednesday usually. Just better planning is needed! :-) Dinner was a disaster last night. My pan broke in the oven and the oven caught fire from the oil that was in the pan that dripped out and smoked up the kitchen pretty good. Then my meat I was cooking had to go in the toaster oven instead and came out raw so I had to stick it back in there twice. I had never used my toaster oven to cook meat. I have to clean my oven today before cooking brownies. I have been invited to go eat dinner at a friend's house and said I'd bring brownies. She is making grilled fajitas for us four tonight. I am excited. I will fit in my walk before going to her house. Have a great day!

toobig
05-29-2010, 09:03 AM
MsAugie-CONGRATULATIONS!

STILL AT 227

blondebritbrat17
05-29-2010, 11:29 AM
Still am at 208.2 and I could fit in my new-ish jeans pretty comfortably last night that I've had for about 5 months and only wore a couple of times because they were too tight. My old pair of jeans were so worn that even my husband said to throw them away. Dinner last night was good and we had a lot of fun with our friends. Have a great weekend everyone!

EZMONEY
05-29-2010, 12:53 PM
Checked in a little up this morning...what's new?...nutin'

Could be from the extra beers I had when the kids invited Angie and I down to the local sports bar for happy hour....

went to Fuddruckers for dinner and got my first ever buffalo burger...not too bad. I will get it again.

Just finished a 4 mile walk to Starbucks with Angie and the mutts...had a ham sandwich for breakfast when I got home.

Going to try to be sensible for the week-end bbq....

really!...swear...I really am...I mean it...truth...no fingers crossed...honest...beiev it or not...I can do it...I can....

have a great Memorial Day week-end everyone!

THANK YOU TROOPS!

Be good

jendiet
05-29-2010, 04:35 PM
hey everyone! well, TOM is on it's way out...i totally am not hungry, just tired..i got in a good workout 2 days ago...and feeling a bit sore still from it. I can tell my waist is smaller....i weighed and am a a lb down...but i LOOK alot better since i started clean eating...

well, i ate a hot dog last night...but it was so salty...i ditched the bun...and filled up on fruits and veggies. i did have some baked tater tots though.

EZMONEY
05-29-2010, 05:23 PM
Way to make better choices JEN!

toobig
05-30-2010, 08:41 AM
At my goal of 226 this morning, hope thet number sticks around until monday morning which is my regular weigh day.

EZMONEY
05-30-2010, 01:04 PM
Still a bit up this morning :mad:

Not a good thing considering the bbq here today...dang!

Angie and I did get a nice walk in at the beach this morning, 4 miles...then hit the cafe for breakfast....

but...

waitress comes outside to tell me I can't have hash browns with my mushroom/swiss omelette because the fridge with the hash browns lost power and they were concerned about spoilage....

offered me fruit or bacon...

I made the wrong choice and took bacon....dang...

and then to top it off she brought me bacon and sausage!

double dang....

burgers and bratwurst today for the bbq...

could get ugly around here come scale time kids....

be good :)

jendiet
05-30-2010, 01:20 PM
Gary lol, i bet you will bloat with water weight.

I hope everyone else is having a good day.

Still feeling TOM blahs...but thankful it came on a weekend...i have alot of organizing to do, and my garden looks pretty terrible...i need to work on it some too.

my neighbor's garden looks so pretty but he always starts a good 2-3 weeks earlier than us...i just didn't have the time....we will have a late garden...but it's worth it!

i have to put the cucumber's up on runners. i need some energy! i think i will do it early tomorrow..it's so muggy right now.

scale is not my friend...weight is up...but I need to take more measurements.

mtiger
05-30-2010, 07:45 PM
Still hitting at least 1600 calories/day. Gonna stick with it for a month...even after seeing 183.6 on the scale yesterday. WTH???? Back to 181.4 today though. Go figure. TOM should be arriving anytime now.

My darn Gruve has bumped me up yet again. Now I need to burn something like 806 calories/day. If I make goal 8 out of 14 days, it will bump me up. Maybe I should start cheating and take it off sometimes.

My 5k race is in 2 weeks so I really have to work hard so I can run the whole thing. I am going to try and do 3 miles tomorrow as practice. The furthest I've gone so far is 2.6.

mtiger
05-30-2010, 07:50 PM
Mrsauggie- Congrats on the baby girl. Hope to see some pics soon.

toobig
05-31-2010, 09:09 AM
Congrats on the baby girl!!!

225 this morning. Yipee!!!!

It is weird but I am so happy to be 1/3 of the way to goal.

EZMONEY
05-31-2010, 10:43 AM
Jen ~ Growing stuff is way cool....Angie and I planted some more tomatoes yesterday.

MINDY ~ Good luck in your training.

TOOBIG ~ :carrot: on the 1/3 :carrot:

BRAT ~ Great job on the new found pants!

Well it wasn't pretty :(

But to be expected for me ;) I had a fully loaded burger on a bun....one bratwurst w/o bun loaded with sauerkraut and 2 hot dogs w/o buns....macaroni and potato salad and plenty of beer :)

A very fun party :carrot:

25 friends and family :)

Lost in the first round of shuffleboard AND bean bag toss :(

:mad: I banked the basketball off the backboard ...off the rim and into the neighbors backyard right after I got on the boys/men for losing the balls over the fence :D

I did have a fun game of "short toss" catch with Angie...warming her up for the teacher/student softball game this week...

Up another pound this morning but it was worth it...

Now to get to work on those 5...one at a time...

I can do this...I can...

Have A Great Day TEAM :hug:

mrsaugie
05-31-2010, 01:11 PM
Well good morning every Yup I had my little girl last week on monday her name is Virginia Robin 8lbs 4oz. I will hopefully have better pics soon but these are what I have http://www.ministryhealth.org/MinistryHealth/Services/OnlineNursery/SCHWeston.nws

ok they are what the hospital put up. I do have better ones still on my camera and just need to get them off yet.

jendiet
05-31-2010, 01:31 PM
omg, she is sooo beautiful!!!!! squeeeeeeeeee! Coooooo! She is just PRECIOUS!!!!! SEEE 8 LBS 4oz of that weight was baby girl!!! I am so happy for you !! i bet you already lost 16 lbs!

blondebritbrat17
05-31-2010, 05:08 PM
MsAugie- CONGRATS! She is adorable.

I am up a bit weight is up to 210. I've not worked out in a couple of days since Friday and it wasn't a very good work out since I had to do a very short one but a short work out is better than no work out. So I'll be back on the food plan tomorrow after the holiday is done. I will be resuming working out today though. Have a great day!

toobig
05-31-2010, 10:03 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhh congrats again!!!

blondebritbrat17
06-01-2010, 12:46 PM
I am very excited. We spent all afternoon and evening yesterday moving boxes and going through more of my mom's things. I now have my two guest bedrooms back under control and only three more boxes to go through! It feels like my house is MY house again and not a storage unit. It feels extremely good to say the least. I hated going into the two guest bedrooms. I do however have to go to Goodwill today and empty out my car. :-) My month of June is filling up quickly with small weekend trips to go see friends and family. That will be good for me and I am very excited. I do however have to get a swimsuit. So I will be swimsuit hunting this week. That will be some motivation for sure. Have a great week!

EZMONEY
06-01-2010, 09:32 PM
Down a pound this morning....

Memorial Day BBQ .....over do... slowly becoming history....

Back to work after a couple of weeks off for R/R....so that should help me lose a pound or two this week!

Be Good

mtiger
06-02-2010, 09:34 PM
I am still eating 1600 cal/day...even though I am up to 182.6 today. I feel like a fat, bloated whale today. TOM finally started today, so maybe that will help. I actually ran 3 miles straight today. I might not be losing weight, but I can run.

toobig
06-03-2010, 05:58 AM
3 miles!!! WOW!!!

terraleigh77
06-03-2010, 07:58 AM
Yesterday's weigh in left me kind of down, I jumped up to 220 from 217. But I kinda figured it was the holiday eating that was finnally showing. Stayed in my calorie range yesterday and worked out pretty good. Woke up this morning and the scale settled on 218. Pretty happy with that. But I do not regret what I ate over the holiday week end. I didn't severly over do, but what I did eat was pretty sodium heavy. But it was soo good lol

Tara

blondebritbrat17
06-03-2010, 02:21 PM
I am down to 208.4. I worked out yesterday for 50 minutes walking on the treadmill. I will be doing it again today and trying to increase speed. I have a party to go to this late afternoon. I'm not really sure what's going to be offered there and if it's a dinner party or etc. Have a great day!

EZMONEY
06-03-2010, 07:52 PM
TARA I too had to join the over ate this Memorial Week-End club!

I forgot to weigh myself this morning...yesterday was not a pretty picture gals...oh my!

BRAT great job on the treadmill!

Be good TEAM!

MonteCristo
06-04-2010, 09:44 AM
Weighed in today at 175.5, so a drop of 1.5lbs! :woohoo:

blondebritbrat17
06-04-2010, 11:54 AM
I forgot to weigh in this morning. I walked yesterday for 40 minutes before the party. Went to that party and the place it was at turned out to be a restaurant and an expensive one at that! So I got an appetizer and it wasn't a very healthy one. Got chips salsa and queso lol. It's been awhile since I've had some and it did hit the spot. Back on the wagon today. I'm meeting a friend for lunch and then we are going to see a movie. She is trying to lose weight as well so I know we will make good choices together. Have a great day!

EZMONEY
06-04-2010, 11:54 PM
Angie and I went for Mexican food...

disaster!

It was happy hour...2 for 1 on my Budweiser and chips ahoy mate!

I will scale the bad news in the morning...dang

terraleigh77
06-05-2010, 07:42 AM
My morning started off great. My scale lovingly sang 216 to me this morning. This week end is a lazy one. So I am gonna let my body recup and just relax :)

tara

toobig
06-05-2010, 09:03 AM
Hope everyone has a great weekend

EZMONEY
06-05-2010, 09:49 AM
Gravity has corrupted my scale....:tantrum:

and it's not my fault.....:snooty:

that's my baloney and I'm stickin' to it! :nose:

EZMONEY
06-05-2010, 12:32 PM
Just finished 4 miles with the wife and mutts...

that's a start!

toobig
06-06-2010, 09:00 AM
Off to the in laws for a bbq :( M mil and sil are REALLY good cooks! :(

EZMONEY
06-06-2010, 09:29 AM
The scale is starting to move ever so slowly down again...187.4 this morning.

Hope to lose a few extra calories cheering my daughter on at her marathon today.

Have a great day TEAM

blondebritbrat17
06-06-2010, 02:00 PM
I am at 208.4 still. My friend that I went to lunch with on Friday gave me some really good tips about walking and how to step it up. My friend is meeting with a personal trainer so she is passing on the tips that the personal trainer gives her. So hopefully this helps. But TOM is on its way so hopefully I can get through it without too much damage. I got a swimsuit and it fit thank goodness and didn't break the bank. It's not the best or prettiest swimsuit but oh well. Have a great day!

mtiger
06-06-2010, 03:40 PM
I did 5 miles on Sat. Walked the begining and ran the last 1.5 miles home. Got a killer blister, but lost a few pounds today. Of course I am also post TOM so I always lose right now. I have yet to find the secret that will help me lose this last 30 pounds. If I had $$$ I would join a gym and see a trainer.

Gary- Sounds like a bunch of bologna to me. ;)

LisaRagan
06-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Hi, I am Lisa. I would like to join you all and lose some more weight. I try to exercise daily, but sometimes life happens and I don't get to.

I will weigh myself in the morning.

Lisa

terraleigh77
06-06-2010, 07:06 PM
218.0 this morning :( And I didnt go over 1900 cals yesterday. But for some reason I had a very restless night sleep. Other than that I do not know why my scale would jump from 216.8 Saturday to 218.0 today. Making sure I'm getting enough water today. Weigh in day is tomorrow. And I really dont want to see that 218 again :(

Tara

EZMONEY
06-07-2010, 09:16 AM
Welcome LISA..

I will catch up after work today

Have a great day TEAM

LisaRagan
06-07-2010, 01:36 PM
I weighted myself this morning and I am at 209.9. I exercised for 120 minutes yesterday and plan on just as much today. I don't count calories due to having the lapband and I don't eat much anyways.

blondebritbrat17
06-07-2010, 07:35 PM
I still am at 208.4. I started summer school today so I will be a bit busier finally. I will be walking later today. I'm feeling a bit blah and I suspect Aunt Flo will be here soon.

Lisa-Welcome!

EZMONEY
06-08-2010, 12:40 AM
I lied...worked late...too tired to post

ElanaRose
06-08-2010, 07:29 AM
Hey everyone, I'm Elana! I woke up today at 136, and I'm pretty sad because I didn't break plan at ALL yesterday! :(

toobig
06-08-2010, 08:33 AM
Hello new people!

Up to 227 today. Baby nephew died yesterday and it seems like the world is coming apart.

MonteCristo
06-08-2010, 09:00 AM
Hello new people!

Up to 227 today. Baby nephew died yesterday and it seems like the world is coming apart.

I'm so sorry. :hug: I'll be praying for your family.

blondebritbrat17
06-08-2010, 12:09 PM
Toobig- I am so sorry about your nephew and your family's loss. I'll be praying.

I am still at 208.4. I am a bit tired since I am trying to get back on a schedule due to summer school. Have a good day everyone.

mtiger
06-08-2010, 10:21 PM
Toobig- So sorry to hear that. you are certainly in my thoughts.

Nothing to report here. No losses, no progress, no idea what to do.

Good news....2.5 more days left of school.

EZMONEY
06-08-2010, 10:39 PM
Prayers TOOBIG!

How sad....

EZMONEY
06-08-2010, 11:36 PM
TEAM ~

I really have to get back on tract...

started out good today...

4 pieces of bacon and a bagel for breakfast

turkey sandwich and chicken vegetable soup for lunch with a small bag of chips

then I hit the chip bag hard for a snack since Angie was late for dinner at yoga....aaarrrggghhhhh

dinner was fine...rice...salad....orange chicken from Trader Joes...not too many...

now..if the games goes my way I won't have too many beers...wink

Go LAKERS/DODGERS

be good

toobig
06-09-2010, 10:14 AM
We have my niece and nephew here, siblings of baby that passed. What a nightmare. Services in the morning and I have no idea how to get a 7 & 9 year old through this.

Plus the scale is up 5 pounds in three days. What a joke :(

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers everyone. It is great to have a place where I can go and admit I am clueless. Mostly I am just walking around pretending I have my sh** together. Poor kids, dh and I are the best they have right now.

mrsaugie
06-09-2010, 11:04 AM
well I'm am going to say that I am starting at 215. My first big order of business is to get back into the habit of exercising since that has kinda of fallen by the wayside over the last few months. So back at it.

blondebritbrat17
06-09-2010, 12:11 PM
Toobig-It's alright to be clueless. It's a hard situation you are in. HUGS

I walked for twenty minutes yesterday to warm up. Then I popped in Jillian's 30 day shred work out video. I didn't even last 10 minutes doing it. I do feel very stiff today. So I am going to keep at it. I have my first test today in Physics already on only Day 3. yikes.. have a great day!

LisaRagan
06-09-2010, 09:11 PM
TooBig- you and your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

I've exercised everyday this week so far.

EZMONEY
06-09-2010, 10:46 PM
Continued prayers for all...

I was at 186 this morning but that may go up tonight as I had chili dogs...

Angie had her monthly BUNKO so I usually eat something she doesn't really care for but I like!

Tonight it was chili dogs...very good but not so good for sodium and calories...oh my...dang...

at least i got a full day in taping drywall and walking the dogs for 3 miles...

be good!

blondebritbrat17
06-10-2010, 12:01 PM
I am up to 210.6 due to Aunt Flo making her appearance yesterday. I didn't work out yesterday either since I felt so blah by the time I got home from class. I'll try to at least walk today since my pants are pretty tight. I got a very good grade on my first lab assignment so I am feeling better about this science class. Have a great day!

toobig
06-10-2010, 06:48 PM
Services are over. I think dh and I are going to end up with kids for a while. Wonder how that will effect my weight loss?

MonteCristo
06-11-2010, 09:27 AM
toobig - Still praying for you and the family. :hug:

I'm down another 1lb this week. :woohoo:

blondebritbrat17
06-11-2010, 11:41 AM
Still am at 210.6. I am going to Oklahoma to visit one of my best friends for the weekend for some good old fashioned girly fun. I also got my acceptance letter to the university of my choice yesterday and I start there in August! So I am very excited. Have a great weekend everyone!

jendiet
06-11-2010, 03:40 PM
yay, still been eating clean food for the most part. Trying to stick with 5 items or less in the ingredients--that makes it simple.

down to 184.4 this morning...i've been eating alot of dried fruit and nuts...and veggies!

EZMONEY
06-11-2010, 06:22 PM
Hey TEAM ~

Well those chili dogs took me up a pound and I have managed to maintain it :mad:

Could have trouble this week-end too as we have family spending the night...off to the mud run tomorrow morning...then another BBQ tomorrow afternoon here.

No date night tonight as Angie is teaching a class at the yoga studio on Friday nights for the summer...bummer for me....so not sure what dinner is yet as I don't know if the company is coming for dinner or later...

make no mistake...I will eat ;)

TOOBIG ~ Continued prayers as your family goes through this stressful and sad time :hug:

BRAT ~ :carrot: Yipee for the college acceptance and have a great time with your friend!

MONTECRISTO ~ :carrot: One pound down never to return!

JEN ~ Great job on the clean eating! How's school?

LISA ~ TERRA ~ ELANA ~ Hi :)

MRSAUGIE ~ Good to have you back...give the kiddo a hug for me :hug:

MINDY ~ School over yet? Angie is out next week.

Have a great week-end TEAM

jendiet
06-11-2010, 10:05 PM
EZ, i'm sure those chili dogs will come off in no time.

CONGRATS!!! Brat! That is awesome! I hope you have fun in Oklahoma, that is where my family lives now.

toobig, i am sorry for your loss! i pray for peace and comfort.

montechristo! good job.

Mrs. Augie...kiss that baby!!!!

School is horrible. I hate summer school. I lack the motivation to study and am making B's. Blah!

jendiet
06-12-2010, 12:05 AM
woohoo! can you say ENDORPHINS!!! i just danced/kickboxed/stretched with my whole rebounder, perfect pull up bar routine...and i did it for an hour...i feel great covered in sweat!

ElanaRose
06-12-2010, 08:07 AM
I had a really bad night last night at a friends birthday party. I don't even want to mention what I ate, but it was bad. I want to kick myself for messing up, and I just want to do my run and then curl up in bed and cry and not eat anything all day. I felt like crap when I woke up. I'm going to run five miles before my dance recital to see if I can attempt to tap into my glycogen reserves before I eat anything and MAYBE burn off some of the stuff from last night. Otherwise, it's salads, water, and fiber cereal all day. I feel so defeated, and I hate it because it's all my fault. I don't even think I should get on the scale because I'll probably be up three pounds (2 water, one real), but I want to SEE what my poor choices did. Consider it me kicking myself in the butt for doing this. AND I have my dance recital later and my babysitter just took in my costume. I don't even want to think about that...
:cry:

ElanaRose
06-12-2010, 08:31 AM
Update: Wellllll the weigh in wasn't AS bad as I'd anticipated. I'm still up two pounds, but I'm giving at least half a pound of that to salt from some of the foods that I ate. I'm pretty sure I ate what the typical athlete SHOULD be eating, but a lot of this is bloat from the extra carbs/salt that my body isn't used to. So I'm going to go do a nice long run to clear my head before I take the stage later. I'm not going to update my tickers for a few days, just to give some of this a chance to get out of my system.

toobig
06-12-2010, 09:03 AM
I think things are going to settle down here for a while. About to get a routine going, I think that is important for the little ones. Hope to get them into a summer program at the y next week.

EZMONEY
06-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Good Morning TEAM :)

Angie and I just got back from our walk this morning. My mil is here....sil/bil 2 nieces and a boyfriend just left for the mud run so we will take ma out to breakfast since it is her birthday today.

Angie, my daughter and daughter will do the mud run next week before we go camping.

Not great weigh in this morning...stoill 188...but it was pizza last night...good but not so good for the weight and sodium! I did behave with the beer though ;)

TOOBIG ~ A routine is very important for the kids right now....anything they can "count" on to help them through this tough time is great...good job on caring for them :hug:

ELANA ~ Kiddo it was just one night :hug: Way to rebound :carrot: Have a great dance!

JEN ~ now that is a nice way to start the week-end :carrot:

Have a great day TEAM

EZMONEY
06-12-2010, 02:00 PM
Well we took mom out to breakfast for her birthday and I had the San Francisco scramble...probably a bit high in calorie and I took the home fries instead of the fruit....it was a balance though 'cause Angie took the fruit ;)

Luckily for me the scramble won't be with me long....:D

me and eggs don't stay friends long.....;)

ElanaRose
06-12-2010, 04:06 PM
Good day so far :) Got out and ran 4.3 miles with my mom. For breakfast I had some Fiber One with milk, as per usual, but for lunch just now I toasted 1/2 of a flatbread roll up that I like and mashed up some avocado and put a little lemon juice in it. It tasted just as good as chips and guacamole! That plus some watermelon on the side; dee-lish! Hope everyone's having a great day!

mtiger
06-12-2010, 09:01 PM
Did my 5K this morning in atrocious humidity. The air was so thick you could cut it with a knife. Made breathing during running a bit of a challenge. i did it though, in 35:29. My best time yet. I am happy with that. Met a friend from elementary school there. It was fun seeing her after all this time.

Weight today was 179.2. Almost back down there. Let's see what tomorrow holds. Maybe I'll try out some trial memberships at gyms this summer. See how long I can milk it for.

Gary- Tell Angie to hang in there. The last day of school was one of the craziest I have had all year. YUCK!!!

jendiet
06-12-2010, 09:51 PM
good job on the runs ladies. I don't do running on pavement. I run on my rebounder...which i find very enjoyable!

well, i ate something pretty unhealthy today--one of those single serve microwave pizza's...but i'm still hungry...trying to ignore that...and drink water or tea.

just ovulated, so i know it's the hormones building for tom...

ElanaRose
06-13-2010, 04:39 PM
Down a pound on the scale this morning -- probably a lot of the sodium leaving my system. Going out for dinner again tonight with the family. Last night I did really well -- no bread (it's kind of my trigger), some fish (light protein), and some spinach. Plus I was able to come home and have a Skinny Cow fudge bar and some watermelon :)

Recipe for anyone who likes chips and guacamole:

2 oz. avocado + lemon juice = 70 calories
1/2 of a 2 oz. Damascus Bakery Flatbread Roll-Up = 55 calories for Flax or Whole Wheat, 60 for plain.

Either cut up the flat-bread or just pop it in the toaster. While it crisps up, mash the avocado and lemon juice to a pasty consistency. You don't even need to oil spray it to get it crispy! Spread and enjoy :)

toobig
06-14-2010, 09:24 AM
Good morning everyone

MonteCristo
06-14-2010, 10:54 AM
Dropped another 2.5lbs since Friday....I'm on a roll!! :D I haven't exercised in over a week...maybe I should give up exercise and just remodel all the time! ;)

blondebritbrat17
06-14-2010, 12:20 PM
Good morning guys! I'm back home from Oklahoma. I had a great time! I didn't do too bad eating while I was gone. I even lost a pound of the water weight I've gained from TOM so I am down to 209.4. TOM is still here. I tried sushi there and we went to a raw foods restaurant for brunch/lunch and I tried hummus and several other things. I liked everything I tried to eat but the sushi. Sushi is just not my thing! Anyways have a great day!

EZMONEY
06-14-2010, 12:33 PM
HI TEAM :)

Well the week-end of company~pizza~bbq is over and I didn't gain :carrot: from Thursday's high off 188 somethin'-somethin'...but I didn't lose either :(

Not that I expected to of course ;)

At least we won't be partying again until next week-end ;)

That will be camping...no problem for me staying away from the smores...but all that lawn chair sitting and beer I am going to take will not help anything....

maybe it won't be so bad....my adult children/spouses and nephews have big plans for baseball-football-bean bag toss etc....Angie has big plans for hiking...maybe...just maybe I will burn a few calories ;)

The menu won't be too bad either....brother/sister and their spouses/families are doing ribs one night...Angie and I are on duty for all 20+ for lunch one day...probably hot dogs and salads....then my kids/spouse/nephew are on for carne asada for our last dinner....breakfasts we are all on our own.

Got 6 miles in over the week-end and a quick 3 this morning with the mutts before kids hit the streets for school....dogs have their fleas junk on them for this coming week-end of camping and I didn't wan't the kids petting them and not cleaning their hands.

My goldens get a lot of attention...stinky or not :D

MONTECRISTO ~ :carrot: keep on losing!!

ELANAROSE ~ :) Now that sounds like an awesome snack! We love chips and guac around here!

TOOBIG ~ Keep up the good work with those kids :hug:

JEN ~ Pizza kidnapped me too over the week-end ;)

MINDY ~ :carrot: Great job on the run! The fastest I ever did one...about 10 years ago at 46...was 28 min and change....I just walk them now...usually 45 min to an hour depending on if we are visiting, dogs are with us or competing :)

BRAT ~ MRSAUGIE ~ LISA ~ TERRA ~ MIA's ~ I hope all is well!

be good to yourselves TEAM :hug:

EZMONEY
06-14-2010, 12:35 PM
BRAT ~ I was typing when you posted...so glad you had a great time! I am not one for sushi either but my son/dil ~ daughter/sil ~ nephew and step-d just love it! They go often....

be good....

EZMONEY
06-14-2010, 11:57 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MINDY!!!!

ElanaRose
06-15-2010, 08:25 AM
Morning, All! After a brief chocolate attack last night where I was able to cut myself off (ACCOMPLISHMENT!), the scale stayed stationary at 135.2 this morning. Whoohoo!

mtiger
06-15-2010, 02:29 PM
Gary- My friend did it in 28:20. I was quite proud of her. Of course this skinny little 17 year old girl did it in 19 min. Brat!!! I will be happy to get close to 30:00 at some point.

SInce it was my birthday I ate out...twice. YIKES!!! I am up about 1.5 today. Not too bad..considering. Back to the grind today though.

EZMONEY
06-15-2010, 06:35 PM
HI TEAM ~

Holding steady with zero loss...bummer

I guess the good thing is I am not doing a lot of bad stufff....but then I am not doing a lot of extra good stuff either...

I really need to find that second gear!

Great job on the chocolate ELANAROSE!

LOL MINDY....some of the youth running clubs here enter the 5K's...some of the kids run with their dads.....a crack up watching these 7-8- 9-10 yr. olds blowing by grown men!...

Aiesline
06-15-2010, 07:49 PM
Is it too late to jump in here? I hope not cause I'm gonna anyhow :)

I was at 173.2 this am. I'm hopeing to be 169.x by july 2nd. Wish me luck :)

EZMONEY
06-15-2010, 08:52 PM
OK..GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!! X a bazillion!!!!!!

WELCOME! AIESLINE it is never too late to join us...we go year round!

toobig
06-16-2010, 08:35 AM
Hey, finally getting a routine going with these kids. Things are starting to level out. And my dad is being oved to a skilled nursing center. At least we are a big family, lots of people to share responsibilities. Last year when my fil broke both hips my sil and I spent 12 hour shifts at the hospitol.

Good work and good luck everyone.

ElanaRose
06-16-2010, 08:51 AM
Back down to 134.4, just in time for my annual doctor's appointment. Mwahahhaha, I can't wait for her to see me later!!! :lol:

EZMONEY
06-16-2010, 10:18 AM
TOOBIG that is wonderful. We have a large extended family here too...and for the most part we all get along just fine...all of us and all the in-laws...it sure helps in difficult times. Now lets focus on you for a change!

ELANAROSE Keep it up girl and she won't need to see you later!

TEAM ~Why does 3/4 of a large pepperoni pizza eaten over the course of dinner one night...lunch the next day and then a 1 piece snack...turn into a 2 pound gain that lasts all week and then some?

ElanaRose
06-16-2010, 10:24 AM
If you're not used to a lot of carbs after cutting them out for a while (Like I am), if you have some, they blow up like Macy's Thanksgiving Day balloons!!! Also, even being from the pizza capital of the USA, I know for a fact that pizza is LOADED with salt and some with oil. Also, the pepperoni is cured. They cure it with salt!!! If I were you, I'd try to find a good old Italian-style brick oven pizza place. The old, family owned ones are typically the best.

blondebritbrat17
06-16-2010, 10:44 AM
OK I've gained almost two pounds since yesterday.. No idea why.. I made some chocolate chip cookies but I only had three small ones. My husband hid the rest and took them to work today per my request. The cookies shouldn't be enough to make me gain almost 2 pounds in one day. Or is that it? Hmm.. I watched Losing it with Jillian last night and I sure could identify with that family last night. Funny every time I've watched it so far I have cried. I've not been feeling too hot these past two days. Neither has my husband. We're not sure if it's something in the air or if it's just the heat. Been taking some airborne and I feel a bit better today just tired.

Mtiger-WTG on the 5k!

Have a great day!

ElanaRose
06-16-2010, 11:14 AM
If you haven't had carbs in a while, it could be the fact that the carbs expand and your body is now like "Wait, what do I do with this???" It could also just be normal fluctuation.

mrsaugie
06-16-2010, 12:34 PM
Hi everyone. Just stopping by to say that I am still working on figureing out a new routine to get the exercise in. I think the next time to try is in the morning since I am up and awake early anyway.

Aiesline
06-16-2010, 04:52 PM
the pizza mystery is an annoying one. Pasta and rice do the same thing to me. I think I might just be carb sensitive. Maybe you are too?

as far as the cookies go.. that has to be just water.

As for me... 172.2 this morning. It's too big of a drop for me to really believe. We shall see in the morning :)

EZMONEY
06-17-2010, 12:15 AM
Oh I am sensitive to carbs all right...

like a magnet!

Can't seem to keep my hands outta the chip bag!

But Angie made fish tacos tonight and will be cooking all summer...

I have hope!

As long as she can hide my beer real good!

toobig
06-17-2010, 11:06 AM
oh man !!!! Chipps, pizza, beer!!!

I am getting hungry reading this LOL

mtiger
06-17-2010, 11:11 AM
Let's just face it. Pizza is always going to cause a gain. Man, that sucks. I love my pizza too.

back down to 178.4 today. I have been here a million times. Can't seem to get any lower. What the hay???

Aiesline
06-17-2010, 12:03 PM
I knew it was too good to be true. 172.4 this am. That seems more reasonable. Maybe I'll see 171 by Saturday. That would ROCK. Hope everyone has a good day!

ElanaRose
06-18-2010, 08:19 AM
Morning, all! Going into the math regents at 134.0!!! Whoohooo!!! I might even see 133 come next weekend when I leave for camp! Oh, and I forgot to tell you all, I grew half an inch from last year!!! Hellooooo, 5'3"!

toobig
06-18-2010, 12:09 PM
Guess who had pizza last night.... is there any way I can blame this on our fearless leader?

blondebritbrat17
06-18-2010, 12:34 PM
Toobig-LOL. I'm afraid not.. Hope you enjoyed the pizza.

ElanaRose-Congrats on the half inch!

I'm a bit frazzled this week. Both of my dogs are sick with a parasite bug and it turns out my house is infested with some kind of parasitic bug. It cost me over $250 just to get one dog treated since we had to run tests and rule other things out first. The other dog is at the vet right now as we speak being treated as well. Hopefully he won't cost as much now that we know what it is. So cleaning my house from top to bottom and bug bombing it will be at the top of the chores today and this weekend. It's been a frustrating week. I had two major tests, two quizzes and on top of that I had 5 labs to do for my science class in 4 days. I went to Target yesterday and got bug bombs and while I was there just went ahead and grocery shopped. I was very proud of myself and what I got. I even bought greek yogurt. I have never tried it but I am going to. Since my girl's trip to Oklahoma City, I have been trying new things food wise. I even joined sparkpeople.com. They have a eating plan and it is eye opening to what I should be eating and buying at the store. It has been very helpful! Have a great day.

EZMONEY
06-18-2010, 10:33 PM
Guess who had pizza last night.... is there any way I can blame this on our fearless leader?

Some leader I am.....:(

Angie is teaching yoga tonight so I was on my own for dinner since she will be home late.

As she left she said what are you doing for dinner...I said I think I'll make a roast beef sandwich....she said she was just going to eat some fruit and some salad she made for this week-ends camping...

next thing I know the doorbell rings and a kid is standing there with a large pepperoni pizza...

Have no idea who called him.....baloney.....

What is wrong with me? :mad:

At least I ate only 1/2 and tossed it in the freezer for another time.

Worst part is we NEVER get pizza from a chain ...since we have a great mom and pop 1/2 mile away...they don't deliver and I already had 2 beers so no driving for me...I should have at least walked the dogs down there and back...

get with the program GARY....ahhhrrrgghhh

Aiesline
06-19-2010, 02:39 AM
uggg I looked at a fattening meal and a glass of wine and gained 2 pounds. No 171 for me this week.

Hope everyone else is doing better. I'm gonna go climb into bed.

ElanaRose
06-19-2010, 09:43 AM
Woke up this morning.... :goodvibes: 133.6!!!!!! I'm so excited!! Plus we're going to my cheerleader/aunt's house today for a little poolside relaxation. 4th of July 130, here I (hope to) come!! :D

toobig
06-19-2010, 09:46 AM
Kiddos went back to their mom last night. Think I will spend the day in the hot tub.

EZMONEY
06-19-2010, 10:28 AM
HI TEAM ~

Well that 1/2 pizza showed up big time this morning on my scale...dang...

my fingers are so swollen I can't get my wedding ring off...

reminds me of when Angie used to feed me tons of saltines and chips the day before I would go out of town for work...

What's up with that?

Spending this afternoon, tomorrow and Monday morning camping with family locally.....about 15 of us....should be fun....

Not going to worry about the menu but come Tuesday morning...I think I will really try to get this journey back in the right direction!

I really am pleased you all come and visit here...we can get this done with TEAM WORK!

One pound at a time....be good!

ElanaRose
06-20-2010, 08:02 AM
:woohoo: I did my town's Relay for Life last night in addition to running 4 and a half miles earlier yesterday. Without any extraneous eating at the relay, which was a major victory on my part, I'm down again :D Woohoo, indeed!

Aiesline
06-20-2010, 05:22 PM
ElanaRose~ Thats WONDERFUL!! It's always a good feeling to have the scale be nice :) WTG on the Relay for life! The only way you can get me to run is have someone chase me with bodily harm in mind!

TooBig~ Hottubbing sounds nice! Wish I had one to jump in :)

EZmoney~ Don't feel too bad I'm up 3.2 pounds today from where I was on Wednesday. :( Even my feet are puffy :(

As for me like I said I'm up 3.2 pounds from my Wednesday weight. I've been off plan and with today being Fathers day it doesn't seem like I can get back on plan until Monday. My hands and feel have that tight itchy feeling you get when they are swollen. I don't think I'll see my 169 for July 4th :(

mrsaugie
06-20-2010, 07:18 PM
well I am back up to 220 :( . well as of july 1st I'm going to officially start getting rid of the baby weight. I know I could start now and should start now but I am going to only WI on the first of the month that way I will not be dependant of the scale and get frustrated when it goes up.

blondebritbrat17
06-20-2010, 07:27 PM
Well.. you'd think I'd lose some weight with all this sweating I am doing... It is pretty hot here in Texas. It's going to be a hot summer here is all I can say. We had to bug bomb our house last night and stay out of the house for 4 hours and we slept out in the backyard with the dogs in a tent. That was interesting. It's been a LONG time since I've slept in a tent. Hubby got some good news at work yesterday. He got his raise early and a extra dollar on top of it since his new job is so happy with him. We went and walked around the mall today after we got lunch. I got a nice shirt from a store that is very hard for me to fit into and I rarely go in there due to that so that was some motivation! Anyways have a nice Father's day and Jillian Michaels here I come again..

ElanaRose
06-21-2010, 10:11 AM
I got on the scale this morning after pigging out on dessert after a family BBQ last night. I'm talking like 2 slices of my aunt's cake (CHOCOLATE FILLING, FONDANT FROSTING, the works!), 4 cinnamon kugel, 5 star cookies, and a rainbow cookie. Plus melon and stuff. And I'm down to 132.0. WTH??? I'm confusedly joyful. I'm off to run another 4.5 loop with my mama :D

mtiger
06-21-2010, 09:28 PM
I went and got a free week trial at a gym. I was nervous going in there today. Some KID helped me. Said warm up with a light jog. Done. Showed me 8 machines to try. DONE!! Then end with 20 min. of intervals on the treadmill. DONE!! Wondering if I will be a bit sore tomorrow.

EZMONEY
06-21-2010, 09:35 PM
HI TEAM ~

Got home this afternoon from a week-end away with 17 family members camping.

No phone ~ internet ~ radio ~ TV ~ newspapers :)

We had ribs Saturday night ~ bacon/potatoes/eggs Sun. morning ~ hot dogs/chips lunch ~ Carne asada dinner ~ Breakfast burritos today

A lot of snacks all around me and fruit...pretty much was good on those...totally stayed away from the smores....

hit too many beers of course!

We did get several walks in...2 5K's (we did my son's old cross country course from high school) and a few other shorter walks....

looking to be the same when I weigh in tomorrow as when I left...

I will catch up real soon!

ElanaRose
06-22-2010, 09:19 AM
Gah. TOM approaching equates to snacking >_< I'm up 1.8 lbs today, but I doubt that it's all snackage. I even tabulated the extra calories -- trust me, it's not. I bet it's like .5 lbs legitimate, 1.3 lb water/other stuff. I'm going to go run 5 miles to try and offset it.

toobig
06-23-2010, 12:27 PM
Hi team

blondebritbrat17
06-23-2010, 12:40 PM
Hey team! I'm not doing so good. Up to 212 again. Been indulging a bit too much I guess.. and been eating more at night again since I've been staying up late. Also I've been waking up too late and not exercising before going to class. Once again this is a reminder of that a consistent schedule is a must have for me. I went to the grocery store and got a bunch of fruit and some yogurts and stocked up on healthy things again. So hopefully that helps me get back on track. My husband came home last night wanting to take me out to a dinner date and I had already eaten so I suggested we do a activity date instead since that's healthier. So we are going bowling tonight so I am looking forward to it. Have a great day!

Aiesline
06-23-2010, 03:29 PM
Hey Guys!! Sorry some folks are dealing with the horrid Bloat too.. EZmoney I hope your way in is good..

Me? I'm still trying to get the bloat monster to go away. I'm now only up 1.2 pounds from my ticker weight and hope to see it go away buy EOW and maybe lose a bit. Good luck folks!

mtiger
06-23-2010, 09:43 PM
HHMM!!! I can top the whole bloat thing. Thought I was a having a bit of mid cycle fun. Guess again!!! Full blown TOM...11 days early. What's up with that???

Just did 3 miles of intervals. Feel like I have been in a sauna. I beat the thunderstorm though. I could hear it coming though.

EZMONEY
06-23-2010, 10:40 PM
HEY TEAM :)

Well I managed to hit 189 on the scale for the 6th weigh in in a row according to my log.....I imagine I was there while camping.

Good news I didn't gain those few days but I really thought back to work would take a pound down...

I am busting my butt so bad it has a crack in it.

Went to the dentist today for a cleaning....swallowed enough water on a gag reflex I am sure to be up tomorrow....not like me...I am a pretty good patient but my hygienist just overloaded me with a power wash at the end :mad:

squeaky clean....

go back Monday to have a teeny-tiny cavity (big price I'm sure as it is cruise season for my dentist) ;)

Angie made black bean tacos with a splash of hamburger tonight...very good :) daughter in law called while I was half-way through my dinner....

had to start over....Angie not :) happy about that ;)

Pretty full now!

I promised myself to NOT DO THAT ANYMORE! :mad:

dang tacos....

Be good :hug:

ElanaRose
06-24-2010, 07:59 AM
Down a sniggley bit to 133.6. Grrrr. I want to be down to 130 in like two weeks. It's gonna be a push, but I think I can do it! :D

mrsaugie
06-24-2010, 12:01 PM
finally a day without rain. maybe i can get outside and do something before it comes back tomorrow and for the weekend and once it drys out a little more.

Aiesline
06-24-2010, 12:02 PM
Mtiger~ YIKES Early tom is the worst.. better than late though (unless you are trying), I wish I was better about doing exercize. Would prolly make this whole diet thing easier.

ezmoney~ Cavities suck. But yay for clean teeth! Holding steady on the weight is better than gaining right?

Elanarose~ Any loss is a good loss. I'll be happy with 171.9 this week. That will put me .3 down from last weeks low weight.

As for me, at least my ticker is right again even if I'm still up .4 from this time last week. Hopefully that will be gone in the morning + a little.

Good Look guys!

blondebritbrat17
06-24-2010, 12:40 PM
Hey team! I'm a bit sore today! Last night me and my husband went on our "activity date" and went bowling. Wow.. I thought just my arm would be sore. Noo.. my whole body is feeling it this morning. We had a lot of fun. We want to start doing more dates like that instead of just going out to eat. I'm having a strawberry smoothie for breakfast. My husband has lost some weight close to 15 pounds about I'm guessing. He stepped on the scale last night and is down to 190. I was happy for him but it's not a good feeling knowing you're about 22 pounds heavier than your husband. Some more motivation that's been provided for me I guess!

EZMONEY-How do you make fish tacos? Do you grill the fish or?

Mtiger-Wow.. that's early!

Have a great day everyone!

toobig
06-24-2010, 02:36 PM
I weigh everyday and I was down four pounds this morning. What the heck??
Crazy body

jendiet
06-24-2010, 05:39 PM
well, had lovely TOM TOO, scale boasted 191 at the height of PMS, and this morning a lovely 185.8. yeah! Don't you just love it.

Sorry i've been MIA, alot going on. SO and I having MAJOR issues. I'm not going to let it get me down, or stall my weight loss. He was moving out. But maybe not now? Don't know.

I got a 15 X 4Ft pool. I aim to swim and relax in it in my own backyard. SO doesn't like the idea...but I will be the one taking care of it. Clinicals and Classes have been running me ragged. But this is my toughest week. The house went to pot, and it is extremely hard to relax in my room with SOs stuff half packed and stuff lining the wall of the room!

I had 3 clinicals, and 1 exam this week! Next week I have two exams and 1 clinical! heh.

The garden is booming, I have to weed, and that alone is going to be killer. I will have to wake my butt up early to escape the heat, i figured i could also swim for a little while, garden , then swim some more to cool down, then garden some more...sounds like a plan huh??? so friggin hot!

too big , nice woosh.

Brat, i'm heavier than SO...i understand the feeling. The whole he's supposed to be able to pick you up and carry you (sweep you off your feet--thing) bothers me.

tiger, it sounds like your hormones are going wacky on you. at least it is over. I hope you get a respite from the hag.

Aes, i'm with you on the exercise, i do it, and it feels great, but then i forget how good it makes me feel, and neglect it...again. I am hoping the pool motivates me even more. I know i'll lose some weight putting it up. weight loss really is 80% diet though. I refuse to count calories again---makes me nutso. I'm a penny pincher always looking for the best bargain, and with CC I'm like a little fiend trying to fit in all the food i want to eat to amount to my calorie allotment.

Simplicity is best for me: So i moved to the exchange system.

Mrs. augie, you got any pics besides the hospital pic of your darling baby? Oh send some rain to me...we need it. Bermuda HIgh is about to kill us with drought.

elana, you are doing awesome, you are my inspiration!

Ez, by starting over--do you mean ate a double helping...or restarted dinner. I HATE when people call during dinner. I want to sever the phone line when it happens.

ok, peeps, i am done...i have a few min, before i got to go clean tonight...i have clinicals at 6 am in the morning!

ElanaRose
06-24-2010, 07:49 PM
Hey everyone! Ran my 4.9 today with mom again :( Sad I have to lose my partner in crime in a few days when I go to camp; we have quite the banter when we run :) Going out for dinner tonight; going to have a lot of veggies and some shrimp! This one particular place makes these burnt string beans that are to die for!

EZMONEY
06-24-2010, 10:14 PM
HI GALS :)

Love the activity here.....we need to keep it alive and well as ELANA ROSE heads off to camp! :) Knowing we are here supporting her while she is gone will go a long way :carrot:

Well was still at 189 this morning but changes have been made...I promise!

ELANAROSE ~ We will miss you at camp...you are doing so well. Cool your mom runs with you :carrot: Do you run cross-country for high school? My son did and in college continued his track. Steve Scott was his college coach...you may have heard of him ;)...if not...google him by golly :D I love shrimp!

JEN ~ I am so sorry for your SO troubles...been there done that way more than once ;) Sometimes it is amazing how it all works out. Stay focused on what YOU need! Yep...:D I was going to eat just 3 tacos...Angie made me 3 shells....I did 2 and my dil called...after talking to her I went back to my last one then added nachos on top...ka-razy! Ka-razzzy stupid!

TOOBIG ~ Great news...how are the kids adjusting back home? Prayers!

BRAT ~ Cool on bowling. I used to bowl a lot many years ago...haven't really for about 18 years. My brother in law is an awesome bowler...he has over 25 300 games! He has almost as many 298-299 games! God's honest truth! His avg. is usually 225 or higher in any league he bowls in. Here is Angie's fish taco recipe ~ She uses a white fish like tilapia or mahi...sometimes she uses salmon ~ grills it on the bbq ~ fries the tortillas in olive oil or warms them on the skillet with pam ~ tomatoes ~ shredded cabbage ~ onions ~ with a sauce made with 1/2 cup of mayo....1-2 TBL spoons of rice wine vinegar...1-2 TBL spoons of Pace salsa...then thins with water if needed.

AIESLINE ~ We really appreciate you sticking around! My cavity is actually a filling that broke off on a front tooth...no big deal...thanks! Let's double that .4 in the next couple of days :hug:

MRSAUGIE ~ Sorry for all that rain :hug: Here is a quick prayer hoping it dries out and you can start summer with that new kiddo and have a wonderful 4th of July week-end :carrot:

Well TEAM Angie is at church teaching yoga...better throw something on the stove to feed us when she gets home...

Be good!

ElanaRose
06-25-2010, 08:04 AM
You guys are all amazing! Today's weigh in is Null-and-Voided due to salt at dinner last night (my mom and I know that they always add ;) ) so my final one will be tomorrow. Going grocery shopping to get some apples to keep in the camp dining hall. I can't wait to see the look on the girls' faces when I get on the bus tomorrow! No braces, and 24 pounds lighter since they last saw me!

blondebritbrat17
06-25-2010, 01:02 PM
ElanaRose-I'm sure you will get lots of reactions! Congrats..

Jendiet-Whoa sounds like you have a lot going on.. Sorry about that.. Just take care of yourself too.

EZMONEY-Bowling was so much fun.. thanks for the recipe of fish tacos.. I had some yummy ones a couple of years ago someplace but they were FRIED so I've not attempted to make them since I've pretty much given up frying foods at home.

I am down almost one pound. In the past two days I have really been a LOT more mindful of what I have been eating again and eating breakfast again and not eating at night out of boredom. I can tell the difference only after two nights. It's so easy to slip back into bad habits! Have a great day!

jendiet
06-25-2010, 04:06 PM
ok, so....my plan was to finish smoothing the area for the pool, laying the sand out...and evening up the terrain. I worked on it from 7 pm -9:45. At about 9:45, i was scraping up some grass with the shovel, when I felt the most God awful stinging pain in my leg...then it hit my other leg...thinking i had stepped into a fire ant nest...i screamed "RUN, FIRE ANTS" and the two boys with me followed me....i tore off my socks and shoes...and went running in the house as fast as I could with it being dark and all.

wasn't ants, it was YELLOW JACKETS. One followed my son, and stung him on the hand. I was IN EXCRUCIATING pain, and my throat started to irritate me a little. I think cause i was crying so much...NOTHING made the burn go away...finally SO got home, and I whined so much he went and got me benadryl. Throat felt better, stings felt better after 30 min...I was loopy with the benadryl though....I had to get up at 5 am for clinicals.i crawled in bed at about 11:25 pm... I woke up at 1 am in THROBBING pain again, and downed tylenol and ibuprofen...fell back asleep. I woke up to the sites itching but the redness and swelling had gone down.

How I made it through clinicals is AMAZING. Thank you God and Jesus!i was still a little loopy from the benadryl. I alerted my teacher to this. I even started an IV for the first time. I also dressed his wound in which his tendon was sticking clean out of his skin with a greenish-black crust on it. My patient was very needy today, and problems abounded. We worked as a team though...and we got done only a little off schedule.

The boys found the nest right by the shovel i was using, last night... the entry and exit hole..they covered the hole on one side and sprayed it with wasp/bee killer. So i might squeeze enough juice out of me to go work on putting the pool up again!

mtiger
06-25-2010, 09:37 PM
Went to the gym yesterday. Did the same basic workout. Had a funeral today, so most of the day was taken up with that. Got home and did a 5 mile walk, with some jogging intervals thrown in. My 2nd TOM of the month is over, so I'm curious what will happen with weight now.

Family went out for pizza last night for my daughters birthday. Pizza always makes me gain...and it did. Darn!!! I have been on track today so hopefully I will be back down tomorrow.

Jen- I had a super bad reaction to a bite once. Sent me to the hospital for 3 shots. I could have died. It never happened again. Not fun!!! Be careful.

Brat- I used to bowl all tthe time. I miss it and should go sometime.

Elana- Have fun!!!

Gary- Too bad your wife is such a good cook. Life would be easier if the food tasted crappy, right??

ElanaRose
06-26-2010, 06:59 AM
Good (very early) morning everyone :) My bus to camp pulls away at 10:00, but before I went, I wanted to tell you all to KEEP GOING, even if I'm not going to be around for the next 8 weeks to tell you so. You all have been so amazing! I'm going into this at 133.0, and I want to come home the same or lower. I've got my FiberOne in baggies in my duffel bag and my popcorn bags in the side pocket (Super Senior microwave privileges!). See you guys in a little while :)

-Elana

toobig
06-26-2010, 07:43 AM
ElenaRose- Hope you have a great time at camp!!

Jen- Yikes!!! i hate yellow jackets!!! And now we have bees in our front yard that will not go away!!

Gary- The kids seem to be doing ok, it is their mother I am worried about. Her mother called me yesterday and was really worried. I don't know what to do. And on top of that my dad is really going down hill.
On another note... I am finding baked lays and really hot picante sauce is fixing some of my mexican food cravings.

Mtiger- I feel you on the two TOMs. Doctor has me on hormones now so it is just one TOM but still two pms.

Brat- How are you liking the new place

jendiet
06-26-2010, 12:29 PM
well, the scale was +2 today. I ate better and ignored my cravings...so I bet it is the gain from my muscles being sore.

Feeling a little blue because of SO and I growing apart....I wonder if he is talking to other ladies as if we aren't together. That makes me feel bad.

Ok, so SO SAYS that yellow jacket nest is done for...so I am probably going to go back out there and try to put the pool up.

blondebritbrat17
06-26-2010, 12:45 PM
I am a bit frustrated this morning.. I'm up about 2 and half pounds back up to 213.6. I don't get it lately. One day I'm down one pound then the very next I'm up several pounds. I threw out some salty snacks that were about half way eaten and we'll see if that helps. I'm getting aggravated. I had to buy a formal dress for a wedding and it wasn't fun at all due to trying to find something that wasn't grandma-ish in my size and for a 26 year old that doesn't want to look frumpy. I bought some more work out dvds since I need more dvds that push me to a higher level of intensity I think. So hopefully that helps. I have a bridal shower today to go to and hopefully there's some healthy options but I plan on eating something before going so I don't oink out. Have a nice day everyone!

toobig
06-27-2010, 06:39 AM
Good luck at the bridal shower, maybe there will be fruit.

I am down again this morning. I can't wait for my Monday morning weigh in so I can move my ticker!!

Hope everone is having a good weekend.

crimsons
06-27-2010, 08:09 AM
Completely confused about this thread. Is it literal? Sounds revolting -- a good impetus for weight loss. Is that it?

EZMONEY
06-27-2010, 10:58 AM
Completely confused about this thread. Is it literal? Sounds revolting -- a good impetus for weight loss. Is that it?

Interesting question CRIMSONS....Our TEAM is a bit confused :?: but then you pretty much have to be to be a TEAM MEMBER of one of my threads ;)

Simply put...this is the latest in a long line...2 years worth...of Baloney/Bologna Threads....

Our goal is to lose 5 pounds...1 pound at a time....then progress from there to the next 5.....1 at a time....

something very doable....

unless we feed ourselves too much baloney/bologna (our excuses ;)) along the way.

We welcome EVERYONE to our TEAM :)

EZMONEY
06-27-2010, 11:11 AM

Well I am still kicking that 189 around :( Can't seem to shake it. I had pretty decent choices most of the week but the last couple of days have been...

well...maybe not so good.

Friday night Angie taught a yoga class so she picked up Chinese on the way home. I did skip the won-ton soup that I usually get...had shrimp egg foo young and egg fried rice. I split that between dinner and then lunch yesterday.

We went to church last night instead of this morning as planned, the yoga studio asked her if she could sub this morning....knowing I might ;) be a little :mad: mad if she did Angie said she needed to talk to me first...

well...I was set up! :mad:.....;)

Went like this when I got home from an errand....

"Babe, the studio called and wanted to know if I could sub in the morning...I know we were planning to go to 8am service...buuuutttt.....I was thinking if we went tonight....then we could go to Narciso's (my :carrot: fav Mexican joint) after church.....then after my class we could take the dogs to the beach and get breakfast at the cafe"......

How could I resist the set-up?

I did split my carne asada tacos and cheese enchilada meal in 1/2 before I ate...leaving me lunch for today.

Maybe not great choices but before my journey started I would have killed the egg foo young and Mexican food last night in one sitting...

so a little yea for me....;)

Plus I have enough sodium in me right now I am well preserved for the rest of the week-end.....:)

Be good TEAM :hug:

EZMONEY
06-27-2010, 11:24 AM
ELANAROSE ~ You may not see this until you return but know that we are all pulling for you to have a great time at camp :hug:

BRAT ~ A lot of restaurants around here do fry the fish for fish tacos but here at home Angie always grills it...very good too and much better for us. I hope the bridal shower was fun. Don't give up kiddo! Keep trying and if you aren't losing as you wish...really look at what you are putting in your body and where your calories are being spent. It takes 3,500 calories to lose a pound...it takes effort...but WE can do this one pound at a time...WE CAN! :hug:

TOOBIG ~Sorry to hear things are not great for your family members...continued prayers. Great choice on the chips and salsa...should have had that last night at our Mexican joint instead of the ones that kept jumping into my hand ;)

JEN ~ So glad the yellow jacket saga is over...scary! Sorry about the SO/you situation....prayers all will work out for your good in the relationship :hug:

MINDY ~Sounds like you are getting your work-outs in already this summer...good for you. Yep, Angie is a pretty good cook...but I'm not too bad myself...I just find a way to get cheese into everything ;)

MRSAUGIE ~ AIESLINE ~ and all MIA's....I hope all is well :)

blondebritbrat17
06-27-2010, 04:51 PM
EZMONEY-Thanks for the words of advice! I so appreciate it. I won't give up, don't worry! I agree with you that I probably need to take a step back and REALLY look at my eating and my calories and start a log journal and measuring my food again. I threw out some snacks that were super high in sodium a couple of days ago. I need to start looking at the WHOLE nutritional chart on the back of stuff and not just the calories and fat calories. The bridal shower yesterday was fun and relatively healthy with tons of fruit and veggies that I tried out. They didn't even offer cake! I was impressed. Have a great Sunday.

mtiger
06-27-2010, 06:51 PM
Gary- I LOVE cheese. i just use 2% milkfat cheese. Doesn't melt quite as well, but it's all good. I am working out this summer. I have to since I am not up and working everyday. Getting ready for a workout when I finish here. Hope the rain holds out.

I am reading a Jillian book and trying to calorie cycle with the amount she says I should be eating. It seems high, but I am giving it a shot. Gotta do something. Also trying for some longer workouts. Nothing less than 45 min, but shooting for 60.

Aiesline
06-28-2010, 01:27 AM
All is well. I had an impromptu trip back to my home town for the weekend. Net is limited to my ability to tether my phone. I've NO idea where I am weight wise. Before this detour I'd made it back down to 172.6. I've been really bad and completely off plan all weekend though so I know it won't be there when I can get on the scale Tuesday morning.

I'm almost scared to get on the scale.

jendiet
06-28-2010, 09:42 AM
hello all! Well, I woke up to 183.6! a 2 lb drop from yesterday. Ok, I did manage to get the pool up. VERY HARD WORK. DS and I worked from 12pm-3pm...just trying to level the area...then from 3pm-7pm putting it up. That was on Saturday. Not much else got done that day. It is up...it still has a tad bit of a lean...*which aggravates the pee out of my OCD*. but, It is so refreshing.

SO told me when he got home, he wish i waited for him. I didn't want to explain to him, how hard we worked on it, and the fact that he thinks he could have done it perfect--hurt my feelings...so i bit my tongue. Plus, the amount of work it took. HE'S a worse perfectionist than me, when it comes to things...and he gives up too easily. PLUSSSS-he didn't want the pool to begin with.

so anywho...got the pool up. Then I decided to really take the bull by the horns with this weight thing. I figured the only way it is coming off is if I sweat my @rse off and just KEEP moving.

So yesterday, I braced myself for the ick, and we shoveled and laid mulch around the pool for 2 hrs...I think I lost a lb from sweating. I got to swim for 1 hr, but had to relax cause I was shoveling more mulch when SO got back.

I watered the garden, and picked the greenbeans and spinach..then after all that...i still cooked dinner and semi cleaned up afterwards...EXHAUSTED.

Ok, Brat, maybe don't just focus on the weight. take measurements, and try clothes on you haven't in a while. That's what I do. weight will fluctuate by 2 lbs normally. look at the trend. Yay for the no CAKE temptation.

Aies. just think of it that you were on maintenance for a week.

tiger, that's where I am. It's nice that 20-30 min of moderate activity makes a diff. cardiovascularly...but i want my butt to stop jiggling when I do my exercise...if you kwim!

EZ, you did really good AVOIDING disaster. Knowing how guys normally eat, i appreciate your effort. I am really bad with going out to eat...I want to eat everything because of the money spent....but i am learning---just take the rest home. just remember take out is LOADED with sodium. especially chinese and Mexican. and you will bloat up a good 5 lbs just from that. I think you will be preserved for a week maybe...oh yeah, SO found another nest, they didn't really bother us yesterday, but today might be a different story. Thanks for the prayers. SO and I cuddled a little last night while we watched Full Metal Jacket.

Hello Crimsons yeah-it is pretty repugnant, but it is a fun, lighthearted thread.

HELLO TO ALL THE OTHERS I HAVEN'T HEARD FROM !!!

blondebritbrat17
06-28-2010, 11:16 PM
I'm a little hungry right now so I am trying to distract myself by coming here and posting! I joined a calorie tracking website a couple of days ago and wow.. it sure is keeping me honest and is helping opening my eyes. I came within 2 calories of my calorie limit total for the day today so I'm pretty pleased with myself and it feels good. My husband got called to active guard duty last night due to the hurricane off the Gulf of Mexico possibly hitting the Texas coast. So he is gone and I am by myself. We're not sure when he is coming home which is the sucky part. I'm just praying this hurricane isn't too bad. Have a nice night!

toobig
06-29-2010, 09:16 AM
Hi everyone

Brat- hope the hurricane blows out quick. I had planned to go to Galveston this weekend to hang out with Dad.

EZMONEY
06-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Did pretty good yesterday on the eating and only 2 beers in the evening.

I did grab a small bowl of bagel chips for a snack before bed...rare that I snack after dinner.

Still at 189 but at least it's on the .2 of that and off the .8!

Have a great day TEAM...will try to get back after work.

blondebritbrat17
06-29-2010, 12:25 PM
Wow.. only after two days of tracking and logging my calories I am down 1.4 pounds to 212 on the nose. I was really hungry last night though. It was a bit tough. It is rainy here so I guess that means the hurricane is closer now to the coast of Texas. Have a nice day guys!

EZMONEY
06-30-2010, 09:53 AM
188.8...not great but not 189 either!

That could change with bbq's this holiday week-end...I better be careful.

We did fast food last night...KFC....we do this once/twice a year...no more than that.

Sometimes a guy just needs his extra crispy and coleslaw fix and a girl just needs her mashed potatoes and gravy fix.

Worst part for me...Angie doesn't eat the skin...guess where it goes...

stupid-stupid me.

be good

blondebritbrat17
06-30-2010, 12:15 PM
Well I didn't gain! But I didn't lose so still at 212 on the nose. I went over my calories yesterday by about 300 calories according to mydailyplate.com. But by eating a bit more I did feel a lot better yesterday. So I am considering being a bit more flexible since eating only 1600 calories have been hard and I've seriously been hungry to the point of not feeling well. I'm guessing I was eating a lot more calories than what I thought and cutting down to 1600 has been a bit of a shock. Plus I've had absolutely no sweets or sugar. So I almost feel like I'm in sugar withdrawal if there is such a thing. I got a coke yesterday and I felt instantly better after having the FIRST SIP. Kinda scary and eye opening. I usually have only diet coke at home but got a regular coke when I was out and about going to class. It was interesting logging that coke in my dailyplate.com. Eye opening to see all the sugar and all the nutrition facts about it. I did go out and buy a ton of fruits and veggies yesterday so that should help fill me up for very little calories. Have a great day!

jendiet
06-30-2010, 12:27 PM
brat, it sounds like you need to keep your blood sugar up. Don't go too long between meals. veggies...also are a low cal option. Good job on the logging. I can't do calories anymore--i go nutso.

i just started the exchange system--and I'm seeing progress.

Gary, watch out for the FF derailment. I fell off plan because of a TACO BOWL salad from Hardees. The grilled chicken has 950 calories!

We ended up having Papa Johns last night. Thin crust spinach alfredo. YUM. at 230 cs a slice too!

scale was good: 183.4 today! yeah..heading back down. Can't believe I just saw 191 during last months PMs.

mrsaugie
06-30-2010, 12:54 PM
I'm here and have nothing new to report at this time. other then the rain has finally stopped here and I can get outside and do things.

blondebritbrat17
06-30-2010, 10:34 PM
Jendiet-Thanks so much for the kind words.. I really need to log my food right now. Maybe later I can not be so rigorous about it like I am right now. Some days I eat nonstop since I'm a bit lonely right now since hubby is gone alot and I miss my mom so much. And I think half of it is definitely emotional eating even though I AM hungry most of the time when I eat. I also have been making a lot high calorie choices like eating a brownie for a snack that are "comforting" instead of an apple or yogurt etc.

Today has been a MUCH better day again due to the new groceries in the house from yesterday's grocery trip. I actually even came in under my calories for today and I've already eaten dinner. Big change from when by the time dinner time came around I was already at least 500 calories OVER my limit and still had yet to eat dinner. So I could have a snack tonight if I wanted to. But we'll see if I get hungry. If not then I'm not going to have a snack. I got my hair done today and it always amazes me how much nicer and prettier I feel about myself when I go and do that but yet I don't do that regularly. Have a great night!

Aiesline
06-30-2010, 11:20 PM
i'm up 4 pounds. yuck.

toobig
07-01-2010, 06:44 AM
Goodmorning team!!

mtiger
07-01-2010, 11:38 AM
Haven't made it here in a while. Been busy with many things. My mom had genetic testing done. BRCA gene is messed up so we are at high risk of breast and ovarian cancer. Need to be tested myself to see if my gene is messed up. My dad had knee replacement surgery yesterday. I have been trying to deal with children's issues, help my son find a job, etc, etc. CRAZY!!!

Well after having my second TOM the scale is being kind. I am 177.4 today, almost my lowest. Now if I could just keep it going I would be really happy. No idea what this body is going to do next though. Guess I can only keep doing what I'm doing and hope for the best.

I am glad that eating too much is not my problem. I have to remember to eat and many days I have not eaten enough. I am calorie cycling right now so I am trying to hit my numbers. We shall see.

jendiet
07-01-2010, 12:40 PM
well, scale was 184.4 today. a little up from yesterday, but not too bad. I am still on plan though!

EZMONEY
07-01-2010, 10:03 PM
HEY TEAM ~

Short on time right now...I am on cooking duty while Angie teaches yoga at church....

Started July at 189....dang!

I will catch up tomorrow......

Promise!

blondebritbrat17
07-01-2010, 10:57 PM
Whew.. I just got off the treadmill after walking an hour on it and got 2 miles in YEAH!! First time in about two weeks that I have worked out since I've been trying to focus on diet and school. Got word also that my hubby will be home tomorrow night from the coast so I am excited and very glad he's coming home in time for July 4th celebrations. I am so tired. Did good today on food.

EZMONEY-I will be waiting for you to check in! Love getting your updates.

Jendiet-Awesome

Mtiger-You do need to get tested for sure! You sure sound busy! Take care

Good night team!

toobig
07-02-2010, 08:43 AM
For sure heading to Galveston this weekend, praying for safe travel. Not sure how the food choices will work out this weekend.

mrsaugie
07-02-2010, 01:39 PM
starting July at 219.

EZMONEY
07-02-2010, 10:48 PM
HEY TEAM ~

I will follow this post with another...I am seriously thinking of GETTING THE JOB DONE! again....

BRAT ~ Have a great time with DH on the 4th of July week-end! You are gonna get this done girl!

TOOBIG ~ Prayers for a safe and FUN trip to Galveston....prayers for all in hurricanes way!

MRSAUGIE ~ Glad to see you starting July...can't wait to see you lower the score...hugs

MINDY ~ Cancer sucks! Many have passed in my family from it including my father, grandfather and cousins. As you know my sis is recovering from breast cancer. Keep testing!

AISELINE ~ 4 pounds is doable...We...er...I guarantee a 5 pound loss here!...wink!...it'e true!!

JEN ~ Hope you and SO get things figured out and can find a way to enjoy the holiday week-end...hugs.

EZMONEY
07-02-2010, 11:13 PM

I am really screwing up the success I achieved in July 2008 :mad:

You see I started this journey in 2007 when I hit 201...first time I was ever 200 in my life...a real :yikes: shocker....you see I spent most of my life being skinny.

Anyway, I started my journey of better choices at the end of July 2007...here is my story....

July 23, 2007 ~ 201 :(

July 23, 2008 ~ 170 :carrot:

July 23, 2009 ~ 184 :mad:

July 2, 2010 ~ 189 :mad::mad: :( :mad: :mad:

Now as you can see I haven't gone up "much" this year...but it is up! Along the way I have been down to 180 maybe even hit the high 170's...not important...because today I am at 189 and it is what it IS!

So...as you can see I have about 20 days to reach at least last year's weight...not a wonderful number but better than 189...

and of course this is a big BBQ week-end here....dang! ;)

So help me out TEAM...I may not be a great leader but I'm ALL you got....;)

And THAT is a lot of baloney....:hug:

EDIT ~ I want to get back to this day...2 years ago...heck, I'd settle for close! :) http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal/147114-ez-keeps-up-all-year.html

toobig
07-03-2010, 07:07 AM
About to leave town but I wanted to check in....
Hey fearless leader, eat grilled chicken breast and leave the beer alone!!! Can you believe I bought more triskets???? What was I thinking??

mtiger
07-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Gary- you can do it. Just eat sensibly. I hate to say it but.....no chips and cheese....and hold back on the beers. You can do it.

I was 175.8 today. you all know how stuck I have been. This is a new low for me. I have no idea why...maybe it is just because it is summer. No school, less stress, I eat differently...who knows. I will take it though. Hopefully I can continue on this downward trend.

blondebritbrat17
07-04-2010, 08:04 PM
EZMONEY- You can do it again.

MTiger-WOW congrats on the new low.

I joined a gym again this weekend. Found a good deal and couldn't pass it up. So I will be a gym rat again hooray. They have some classes available that I am really looking forward to at the gym. I worked out with my friend yesterday at her house and I just do better working out with a buddy or a group. I find that I don't push myself alone and need to have some fun too. Before my mom passed away I was going to a gym and starting to do really well and was below 200. So I figure that's what I need to do again. My fiend has been working out with a former personal trainer for about a month now for free since they are family friends and I am starting to tell the difference with her. She showed me a lot of modifications to a lot of work out moves so it was really helpful for me to go work out with my friend yesterday. I'm up to 214 but that's because TOM is here. I am really trying to be rigorous about logging my food since I know I usually indulge BIG time during this time of month. I'm about 21 calories under my limit today. I hope everyone has a good 4th of July!

toobig
07-05-2010, 08:37 AM
Back from seeing dad. Not good.

Food choices were ok, I did have a burger from sonic at one point. But since that was the worst of it I feel ok.

blondebritbrat17
07-05-2010, 12:28 PM
Down to 212.8 today from 214 yesterday.. We're allowed to use fireworks where I live and we got some small ones last night and had a bit of fun. It was a lot more fun than I expected. I don't have class today due to the holiday. Have a great day!

EZMONEY
07-05-2010, 02:16 PM
:mad::mad: DISASTER! :mad::mad:

Well TEAM I had a great 4th Of July :carrot: Angie and I walked in the local parade with our dogs, we met up with the San Diego Golden Retriever meet and greet group....the dogs were very popular in the parade :)

Didn't win the family trophy for the shuffleboard tournament :( oh well...maybe next time...my son and daughter in law successfully defended their win from the last tournament a month or so ago. We had over 20 people here and 10 teams going. Had a blast :)

So that was the good news :)

:mad: Bad news....I went from 189 on Friday to 193 WHAT??? this morning on the scale.

I am really hoping some of that is sodium will go quickly. We had hot dogs....Dodger Dogs and Nathans, both high in calorie and carne asada....with sides of macaroni, potato and plenty of bbq and refried beans and rice.

Now I think I did fair with eating as far as portions but I guess 3 days of killin' the extra hot dogs, carne asada and potato salad is taking it's toll....then there was the tortilla chips and guacamole....the cheese...

and then way too many beers on Saturday at the party...a big zero for yesterday though...stuck to one soda and plenty of water.

Got a 3 mile walk in this morning with Angie and the girls...so that is a plus...

I really ....REALLY! plan to make some big changes this coming week...

why am I afraid to throw out the extra cheeses and hot dogs?

Be good TEAM :)

EZMONEY
07-05-2010, 02:19 PM
MINDY ~ :carrot: for that new low....finally!

BRAT ~ Awesome on joining the gum and having a buddy! You can do this!! :hug:

TOOBIG ~ Sorry the trip to see your dad didn't go super well :hug:

ALL THE REST OF THE TEAM ~ I hope all had a great 4th and week-end :hug:

jendiet
07-05-2010, 06:07 PM
Gary, you are going to have to watch those portions AFTER the big event too. But i'm proud of you because I know what GUYS REALLY want to eat. Yes, you got a lot of water retention going on.

Mindy, woohoo! I haven't hit a personal low since dieting--but i hit a new low since going back at it. I have to thank being sick as a dog from alcohol though.

3 shots of tequla, 1 bud light lime, and something in a cup i was chasing the tequila with--did me in!!! I barfed from 11pm to 7 pm. Couldn't eat really till 11 pm the next night. Should have know better...but God it was awful. i can't tolerate alcohol very well.

i did manage to eat on plan before the attack of my biliary system though. I ate 1 hot dog, a few slices of watermelon, and some yummy salad with my home made ranch.

I am 5 lbs down. since I find anything motivating i changed my ticker...although as I get my water back it should go back up. Didn't know you could throw up stuff when you didn't eat all day, but I sure did. got a great ab workout too! heh.

brat, we always have a blast with artillery shells and smaller fireworks on the 4th.

too big, i'm sorry the trip went sour. I hope you are feeling better. I think your dad loves you but he isn't good at showing at.

EZMONEY
07-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Not a good way to lose JEN!

Hugs and glad you don't go there often!

toobig
07-06-2010, 06:39 AM
Good morning team, hope everyone has a geat week!

Jen- I think you are right about my dad. Its just sad because he is not going to live through the summer. His liver is the size of my fist.

EZMONEY
07-06-2010, 09:46 AM
Not sure how I went from 193 yesterday morning to 189.8 this morning but I'll take it!

I drank nothing but water yesterday...maybe flushing out all that sodium from the food I ate over the long week-end was the dealio....

Glad to get going in the right direction...

Be good

mtiger
07-06-2010, 10:19 AM
Went back down a little today 177.2. It is a higher calorie day, so that should be fun. Working out outside is getting trickier. It is really hot. I walk/jogged last night but waited until almost 8:00. Time to get another free week trial at a gym...with air.

Gary- See!! You didn't actually gain that weight, just sucked up the ole bloat. Now you know what mid-cycle gain feels like. Not fun, huh?? Good for taking it back off.

Jen- I didn't drink for years. Then last year started going out with friends from work. Hate to say it but I can now tolerate a good quantity of lquor. Good thing I don't do it often.

jendiet
07-06-2010, 11:38 AM
Tiger, you are really blasting it.

Too big, omg, that is so sad. I pray that you and your dad make peace and feel some love before he passes.

Gary, YAY!!! You figured out you needed the water to flush the sodium. I think i need water, because I am pretty sure my body just is sucking up whatever liquid i give it...and HOldING on. I gained 4 lbs from yesterday...yikes!

I am going to keep a steady flow of water today...I still feel a bit weak...stomach is still touchy.

I am up and moving around alot more though.

Don't worry Gary I don't drink much at all! I never drink hard stuff if I do drink more than 1x week it is a bud light lime or a glass of wine. I am so repulsed by alcohol right now---i don't think i will be touching it again soon.

EZMONEY
07-07-2010, 10:37 AM
Off to work but checking in with a 188.4 this morning....

gee....staying a way from beer for 3 days seems to help....lol....

Be good

jendiet
07-07-2010, 11:07 AM
have a good day team. Still on my break, but things need to be done.

I really want to swim in our pool, but I double shocked it, and now it has high chlorine. :mad: :(

my goal is 20 min 3x week--for traditional exercise--i was going to swim!

Great job Gary on the lb down! yeah, i bet staying away from the beer helps.--maybe you are allergic??? :D

blondebritbrat17
07-07-2010, 06:09 PM
It has been a hectic week for me with no signs of it slowing down. But I've done not too bad but not perfect either and always have had my exercise and eating plan in the back of my mind. I'm still waiting on my pass for the gym. I'm thinking about just going up there instead tomorrow. Have a great day team!

jendiet
07-07-2010, 06:42 PM
blonde, i hope it isn't too terrible. Great job staying on plan!

EZMONEY
07-07-2010, 08:41 PM
JEN ~ That pool is becoming quite the "experience" this summer for you :hug:

BRAT ~ Good luck with the gym pass :hug:

MINDY ~ What is bloating? ;)

TOOBIG ~Prayers peace with your father comes soon :hug:

AIESLINE ~ MRSAUGIE ~ :)

ELANAROSE ~ I know you are at camp but we have not forgotten you! :hug:

jendiet
07-07-2010, 08:49 PM
i got to swim today..it was fun but short lived. I basically cooled myself way down so we could work on reorganizing the shed. It felt good after my 20 min run on the rebounder though. Did 3.398 miles according to the wii. so woot!

toobig
07-08-2010, 06:38 AM
Good morning team

jendiet
07-08-2010, 12:58 PM
good morning, i had a frustrating one so far! i'm feeling a little better about it. Got to pay bills though. blah.

EZMONEY
07-09-2010, 10:17 AM
Hey TEAM :)

well after 2 days of getting that scale heading back down at 188 I raised the bar to 190 again :(

No secret why.....last night Angie was teaching yoga at church and I was on dinner duty. I had not really planned for it and worked a longer day than I thought....sooooo....

I went out and did the dumb thing....

I pulled out some bratwurst, rolls, macaroni salad and baked beans leftover from the 4th, out of the freezer and fridge. Now, mind you before my "journey" started a few years back I could take down 3 bratwurst no problem...

Last night I washed 1.5 down with 3 beers...THEN...I looked at the package for the bratwurst...240 calories..200 fat calories.....:o throw in the mac salad and beers and WA-LA.....:(

Hope today gets off better than yesterday did for you JEN

Hello TEAM :)

blondebritbrat17
07-09-2010, 12:03 PM
I am 214 on the nose today. Aunt Flo is making her disappearance slowly thank goodness. It's been a rough one for me this month. I got a C in my physics class. I was less than a point and half away from having a B. Made me a little disappointed but I'm still proud and happy of my grade since I worked hard for it. Monday I start College Algebra. I tried to register for fall classes this week at my new university and couldn't due to problems with my student records. So I will be making some phone calls today and seeing what the problem is. Hopefully it will be resolved soon since classes are already filling up yikes.

EZMONEY-My hubby loves bratwurst too. But I don't get that often from the store due to the fat calories being so high.

Jen-have a better day today!

mtiger
07-09-2010, 05:32 PM
Let me say...turkey cheddar brats. Really good and only 120 cals. Think I'll have that tonight.

Well for me life is stressful. Nobody is working, or not enough, and all of this falls on my shoulders ultimately. It is getting to be too much to bear. My son applies for a job almost everyday and is calling daily trying to get the ones's he has applied for. Nothing is happening. My ex (currently on unemployment) isn't doing much of anything. My daughter works part-time and isn't getting anywhere near enough hours. AAHH!!!

Weight is just holding around 178. Not bad, not great. I was hoping to join a gym for $20.00 a month. There is no way I can do that now. I will just have to keep doing what I've been doing at home. Hopefully it will be enough.

Did a 3 mile walk/jog with sprint intervals last night. It's funny how quickly 3 miles goes by these days. It used to seem so long. Tonight I think I need a good long 5 miler, just to have time to clear my head.

jendiet
07-09-2010, 08:15 PM
Ez, i am sure alot of that is the weight of that stuff sitting in your gut plus the weight of the water cuz that stuff is salty. I love a good brat with some sour kraut. I don't really like pork products, but those are pretty good. I do give you kudos--because obviously that stuff is trigger food for you. Try to get in some healthy nutritious eating...and a little less beer maybe. 2 instead of 3.

tiger, has the right idea. I bought some chicken and pesto brats before..and they are so much better for you calories/fat wise...and they still tasted really good with sour kraut!

Well today, i got to see 180.4 on my scale. I hope i can break the 180s again. I got up and ran 20 min on my rebounder again. I did 4.020 miles i did intervals and really pushed it at the end cause I wanted to break 4.0 miles this time. Then instead of hitting the shower right away, i jumped in my pool..so relaxing. I love just laying on the bottom of the pool....or just floating midway in the water...

i really worked out my abs yesterday, and they are still sore today...so I might go up due to the soreness, but I expect it. I can bounce 3 lbs in a day. Still it will suck to move away from 180 again!

i know what you mean tiger about running clearing your head. I think you could find somewhere to get 20.00/month in. I know it seems hard, but a cut back somewhere. even if it is $5/week on groceries--should get you there. I manage a very tight budget too. If not, get your own weights..and make your own routine. I think you are more motivated if you have stuff at home, but that's me.

well, i am determined not to work anything today, rest abs, and arms...tomorrow I'm going to work my legs.

EZMONEY
07-09-2010, 09:24 PM
HI TEAM ~

Well Angie and I went for a 3.5 Starbucks walk this morning with the mutts since I had the day off....

calories down!

Came home and had a nice bacon/turkey/lettuce/tomato/swiss sandwich on sourdough...

calories...ummm...ok (great sandwich! :carrot:)

still a little hungry so I found some macaroni salad from the 4th in the fridge and low and behold some kettle chips in the cupboard...

used the chips to scoop the mac salad....

checked the calories AFTER I ate on the mac salad...

380 calories :yikes: 210 fat calories :censored:

for a 2/3 cup...

now who in the world can eat just 2/3 cup of macaroni salad?

I'm toast.....:faint:

EZMONEY
07-09-2010, 09:44 PM
BRAT ~My kids are high academic achievers (as you can probably tell I am not!) anyway...my wife, their step-mom, always teased them, especially my son (he is so competitive)...saying "C's get degrees!"....she's right....keep on getting those classes knocked out...no matter what the grade...keep on moving forward and upward!

MINDY I am so sorry that you are feeling the hardships of this new economy! I am so thankful my kids are grown, gone and have good jobs that ...for now...are still in demand. Here in my house now it's just Angie and I and these two mutts...I have missed some work this last year with hernia surgery and slow times....and to be honest we can live on Angie's income...but! I have noticed a drastic change on what we can afford to buy now...tough times are still ahead for all of us I am afraid...hang in there and hugs!

JEN I have a lot of trigger foods...ALL THE ONES I LIKE!...I have the knowledge...I am just lacking the desire to do it EVERY MEAL...EVERY DAY...
need to up the good attitude from 70/30 to more of a 90/10...and then I will be OK.

Be good

jendiet
07-09-2010, 11:55 PM
well, i am glad you understand the equation you explained in my "hype" post. Yeah. I got to eat some yummy PAPA JOHN'S Spinach Alfredo. That stuff tastes like NY pizza. Which i absolutely crave. SC's pizza is wayyyy too dry and too bland! like eating burgers or something. New York pizza is just different! there's a lot of pesto, basil, and garlic involved.

I am SOOO glad I have such a high cucumber turn out in my garden. I love them. And they are great and filling. I eat a couple of cucumbers with some garlic pepper/seasalt spices before tackling the foods i love. I ate a whole cucumber and then I ate some pizza! good trick!

I usually can eat like 5 or 6 slices of pizza. But tonight I was done at 1 1/2 slices w/out CRUST. I actually had the gonads to cut the crust off. Me who loves crust with garlic powder--did it!

EZMONEY
07-10-2010, 01:02 AM
Didn't eat the pizza bone?...oh my...isn't that against the law?...wink

jendiet
07-10-2010, 02:24 AM
lol, never heard it called the "bone" but yeah. I think that is against the pizza law...oh my it's late...i think i'm finally tired. g'night all!

EZMONEY
07-10-2010, 10:46 AM
lol, never heard it called the "bone" but yeah. I think that is against the pizza law...oh my it's late...i think i'm finally tired. g'night all!

LOL! I never had either until I started dating Angie...her family has always called the end crust the pizza bone....last week I saw this Family Circus cartoon in the paper :)

EZMONEY
07-10-2010, 10:49 AM
Well I was 188.8 this morning...

last night we went for Mexican food after Angie's yoga class....

I ordered the chicken/cheese/beef enchilada plate and added a taco...a lot of food...

but I had a plan I stuck too...

brought home 2 enchiladas and 1/2 rice and beans....

still high calorie but I will probably eat it for "brunch"...

killing two belly birds with one stone...

be good

jendiet
07-10-2010, 12:15 PM
hey there everyone.
Gary i love Family Circus! that is so cute. Cool, now i will just call the crust the bone, and I DON'T eat bones. lol.

well scale was 181.6 today. I know that will happen so it doesn't phase me. I am going to do my LEGS today. find a good routine and just work them sore.

Gary, you are alot closer to your goal then i am. But, I did something yesterday that was enlightening. I am still 35 lbs from goal, and I backslid for almost a year. heh. but i posted about how the effort i put into just losing 16 lbs stuck with me. And I took a pic to prove it! That is so motivating. So what the scale doesn't just drop the numbers like crazy. You are still owning your hard work. 188 for a 6' guy is still good!

My dad was 165 lbs at 6'1 and he was really wiry--muscular but wiry, and when he gained weight he developed just a bit of a gut. He lifted furniture for a living. I even witnessed him carrying a recliner on his back, with one of those back straps...

have you tried lifting weights? Not hard core, but just toning. I love weights. I am not a huge lifter, i just use free weights. i wonder if your body just wants to tone now...those last 10 pounds are always the hardest!

EZMONEY
07-10-2010, 02:01 PM

have you tried lifting weights? Not hard core, but just toning. I love weights. I am not a huge lifter, i just use free weights. i wonder if your body just wants to tone now...those last 10 pounds are always the hardest!

:D I have a great weight machine in the gym/built in the garage...haven't used it in years! My son will end up with it one of these days when I am ready to take a wall out and move it...

I know...I know....;)

I did get 3.5 slow miles in today :)

jendiet
07-10-2010, 02:12 PM
woohoo. good job on the miles! my mom had a whole bunch of weights and she bench pressed around 150-200. heh. she scared the neighborhood bullies off. i remember in our house in new york--she had the weights in the carpeted dining room. we ate in the kitchen anyways.

we used to build forts by tying blankets around her weight benches and stretching them around the room. heh. they anchored them pretty good.

then in Florida and OK, she had weight sets in the garage. not as much fun to mess with although i would work out with her occasionally.

blondebritbrat17
07-11-2010, 12:42 AM
Never heard the crust called the "bone" either! Today's been a long day. I went to a cousin's birthday party and wound up in the ER with my grandfather after his lips turned purple and blue on us and he couldn't get his breath. He's had three surgeries in the past three weeks and has a possible infection from one of them. So he is being hospitalized. I've never seen him look so feeble so it was a rough day. Missed my girl's night out but being with family was more important. Food was completely shot today due to my plans being thrown out of whack due to the party and impromptu ER visit. I've got a funeral to attend as well tomorrow. I still haven't gone and gotten my gym pass since it's gotten crazy around here all of a sudden. Have a good night!

jendiet
07-11-2010, 02:21 AM
omg, brat. I pray things calm down. I hope your grandpa is alright and that it is not Sepsis. That sounds pretty scary, it is good he was surrounded by loved ones.

Try to maintain while you are going through so much hectic stuff. You are doing such a good job. Don't let it derail you. Stress puts alot of STRESS on your body in every way.

EZMONEY
07-11-2010, 10:21 AM
Prayers for your family and grandpa BRAT Hoping your "crazy" week slows down and you can rest and refocus...hugs

Love the "weight" story JEN

Well I am up to 191 today...no one to blame but me...

I ended up eating my leftover enchiladas too early for brunch...then killed off the 2 left-over bratwurst for a snack before dinner...

dinner was ravioli and salad....

then...rare for me...I had a small bowl of chips after a dinner

4 beers on the day....

What else would I expect but a "raise!"

Have a great Sunday

mtiger
07-11-2010, 10:42 AM
The ex and i went to my parents yesterday to cut down a tree. My job was hauling the "branches" away. Okay some were small trees and others were logs, but it was work. They took us to dinner...chicken quesadilla. I ate 3/4 peices. I was impressed with how far I could toss some of those branches.Today the scale said 177. Not bad.

Pizza with no crust?? that is just wrong.

Still hoping I can do the gym thing. I do like all the machines there. My weights at home are just not the same. I did find one that is $20/month. My ex"s unemployment leaves us short about $200/month. If my son gets one of these jobs he's hoping for it might be okay.

jendiet
07-11-2010, 11:23 AM
Oh Tiger i hope he gets a job then, if it will be helpful, what a small price for your well being.

Gary, do you weigh yourself right after you eat? heh. Just kidding. I know you are smarter than that. Well, you will go back down. Got to make those good choices...and maybe pick up a weight or two to build more fat burning muscle! oh and remember what happened when you drank water?

brat, i hope you have a good day!

afm: 179.8 on the scale today! woot. I broke the evil 180 again. I know it will be shortlived, tomorrow it will probably bounce up a lb or 2 but i'm not going to get discouraged.

I think i will swim for 20 minutes today. I am hungry right now, so i will eat an egg...then go swim. i'm still pretty sore from the workouts, especially the abs!

blondebritbrat17
07-11-2010, 12:22 PM
I also forgot to add to my post last night since I was so tired that I also got pulled over for the first time on my way home for speeding from the hospital. I had just entered a construction zone and was already slowing down but that didn't seem to matter. Still my fault completely. He WAS going to let me go with a warning but then noticed my inspection was up so I got a ticket for that! Funny thing is as soon as I left and got back on the road the cop was already pulling someone else over. One good thing about me hanging around the hospital is that I got to visit with family which was fun considering the circumstances and one of them told me about a job opening nearby where I live that I might have a good shot at so I applied to it last night! So I have some hope now! I should be back on plan today. I do have a funeral to go to later today. Have a great Sunday guys!

jendiet
07-11-2010, 11:25 PM
omg, brat, I hope the ticket is a small price to pay for the favor of being in the right place to get a possible job! I am praying and hoping you get it.

well, i am bushed.

today, was kind of aggravating. it was like pulling teeth to get the time for me to swim....and finally i got the chance, and was doing laps...and it started thundering...

but you know what? PRAISE GOD. I didn't care, we haven't had rain in like 2 weeks. and we got some!

EZMONEY
07-12-2010, 10:55 AM
Nothing good to say here this morning....dang!

My daughter's 27th birthday yesterday was burgers/cheese/avocado....salads with tons of goodies....potato salad...washed down with beer....

try-try again

mtiger
07-12-2010, 11:56 AM
Not much to tell. Still working out at home. I put in a lot of miles during a week. I either walk, walk/jog, or do intervals. I really can't afford a gym right now, wish i could. Weight is hovering around 177. Hopefully after TOM (in about a week) it will go down a bit more.

We have had a few weird storms just pop up out of nowhere. it is staying pretty warm and muggy though.

jendiet
07-13-2010, 12:25 AM
yay for wierd pop up storms tiger! We got rain! 3 x today. We also had a quick shower yesterday. YAY! PRAISE GOD.

You know today A HUGE LIMB, and I do mean huge broke off the tree in the back yard..and omg, you just have to see it to believe it. The limb is probably 7 ft, and the width where the branches are is about 4 ft. The branch itself was probably 30 inches in diameter! And it fell within a TINY and I do mean tiny area of about 2 ft! between my pool and our stacked wood. It did not hit the pool, somehow it just landed wedged in that space FROM WAY up in the tree. NO BRANCHES were even going that way! i THANK THE LORD.

Also somehow it had hit the power lines without causing any damage either. My SO was dumbfounded.

Also, i have been busy, busy, busy. I logged 31, 345 steps on my pedometer. Basically cleaned everything i could. The house was such a mess, and so much needed to be done. Well at one point after the rain, i had to go outside to check on the building...and I hit the back porch--and skidded right off the edge...as soon as I knew I wasn't stopping I grabbed the railings with both hands.kind of in a backwards flailing motion...and held on as tight as I could to stop myself from falling completely back and hitting my head or back on the steps...I hit my arm pretty hard and the side of my back, but not the middle of my back--which would have been alot worse! I did slide completely off ALL 4 steps...holding myself up as I went as best as I could. i GOT UP praising God. But shaken really badly.

I just thank God I wasn't seriously hurt, because I was so scared and shaken up. I have never flown completely off a porch like that--lol. it might have been funny if someone saw a video---heh.

Oh Gary happy Birthday to your daughter. Well, tomorrow is another day to do make better choices. I love guacamole though--it's a huge temptation for me.

EZMONEY
07-13-2010, 10:28 AM
Good day TEAM ~

Well the scale hasn't budged from the 190 but then, here again, I negate the good stuff I do with something not so good.....dang!

jendiet
07-13-2010, 02:07 PM
hmmm. Gary, sounding a little like Paul there.

i am on a quick break, just want to say hi. I got to show you guys a pic of that limb...i'm going to put up one a little later. Hope everyone is doing a-ok! or at least B-ok.

oh yeah Gary, i ate 2 more pcs of chicken than usual yesterday and gained up to 183.6 today. lol...the chicken was heavy.

sometimes it is not the food.

blondebritbrat17
07-13-2010, 11:30 PM
Ugh team.. I'm just really struggling here with my hormones and emotions this month and it is not helping my eating or cravings. Going to the OB gyn on Friday and getting back on birth control will help hopefully. My hormones just seem to be going nuts. I'm actually having hot flashes at night and I'm freezing my husband at night lol.. On a better note, I went and finally got my gym pass today. I ran some errands and have more to do tomorrow but things are better. I've really been resisting eating all sorts of bad things. Right now I just have the urge to eat all day long and eat such incredibly bad things for me and I'm resisting most of them. People keep asking me such personal questions about my life that are a bit depressing like about my "job hunt" etc.. and it's just really getting me down. I'd just like to be left alone if you can't be positive. I am doing the best I can by going to college and pursuing and improving my skills. The economy just sucks and not many are hiring right now and no one wants to hire someone that's been fired and who is sick all the time. Good night.

jendiet
07-14-2010, 12:43 AM
aww brat, i always do better before ovulation, then after. pms makes me crazy about food. I am trying to stick to chocolate and/or whipped cream as the lesser evils. I get Giardelli dark chocolate chips. And real creamy whipped cream. satisfies alot of the cravings i might have for little debbies snacks and such.

EZMONEY
07-14-2010, 01:00 AM
HI KIDS ~ been busy on FB tonight...and watching the All-Star game....

BRAT you are not alone in this economy business...a lot of my guys are really hurting and they are working...just not as much and the pay/perks are less...I am able to give some of my work to them since Angie works...the kids are all grown up and doing well....our bills are manageable...but I tell ya...a few years ago it would have been rough...real-real rough...prayers for you and remember this...GOD knows...He is watching!

JEN I have been to the Ghiradelli Square in San Francisco a couple of times...amazingly good! And I am not a chocolate lover!!!!

jendiet
07-14-2010, 05:21 PM
ok, everyone I have pics of all the stuff i have been doing in my yard since spring. And a couple of other fun pics.

I really really hope the message about the tree limb is a testimony to God's faithfulness.
I had no idea when it happened or how it happened.

but here goes:

Ok here's some other pics!

here is the garden. Thank You God for Blessing Us!

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/jensfotobucket/beforepicsJuly2010020.jpg

On the right is some vining Malabar spinach. Yum. To the left is alot of our peppers.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/jensfotobucket/beforepicsJuly2010023.jpg

up front is squash/zucchini, to the left is the beans, then further down a ways is the melon patch.
You can see the pool, it leans a bit in the back, but it is harmless.
It was so hard to level the land--without alot of equipment.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/jensfotobucket/beforepicsJuly2010022.jpg

James is sitting with some blooming squash, behind him are some bush cucumbers,
and then behind that are the beans again.
you can see the melon patch in the distance behind James.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/jensfotobucket/beforepicsJuly2010021-1.jpg

Here are some pics of my flower beds:

Here is the azalea beds with the coblestone path i put in front.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/jensfotobucket/beforepicsJuly2010040.jpg

Here is the magnolia tree, and my very redneck backyard
complete with firepit and benches facing the window--
so you can watch the race on the living room tv from the backyard.
We laid mulch around there because the grass refused to grow.

btw that is the back porch i slid completely off!

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/jensfotobucket/beforepicsJuly2010039.jpg

Here is the lawn center piece. It is looking a little bare,
because i haven't put in summer flowers yet,
I had pansies around the border,
they died out. in the front of it to the right,
is the hibiscus, and some baby salvia.
There is also a straggly redhot poker.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/jensfotobucket/beforepicsJuly2010038.jpg

here is the front flower bed, faces the street. I designed it,
and I think it looks very pretty,
i wish the things would bloom simultaneously, maybe next year.
That is abby in the window,
next to Dale Earnhardt's number 3 symbol.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/jensfotobucket/beforepicsJuly2010037.jpg

This is the canna lilly bed. The mulch is rock. I really like this bed,
it is usually HUGE by the end of the summer.
At least 5 ft tall.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/jensfotobucket/beforepicsJuly2010036.jpg

Here is another pic of the front of the house.
I will have to take another pic in the spring,
to show how pretty the azaleas make it.
I have to balance my seasonal plants better.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/jensfotobucket/beforepicsJuly2010035.jpg

Here is the flower bed beneath the trees to the right of my house.
The mums are left over from the spring flowers,
there are some elephant ears and giant grass--
that are new growth.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/jensfotobucket/beforepicsJuly2010034.jpg

I truly love elephant ears!

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/jensfotobucket/beforepicsJuly2010033.jpg

This is my PET PROJECT. I love Rose Bushes.
I have a Rose Bed, that is pretty young but
it has been putting off lovely roses.
I got the roses at a discount because
they were sickly, i am nursing them back to health..
.and it takes a lot of work, but they are worth it.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/jensfotobucket/poolpicsamazingbranch003.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/jensfotobucket/poolpicsamazingbranch002.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/jensfotobucket/poolpicsamazingbranch001.jpg

Here is the HUGE branch. See how big it is, and how nicely it
fits between the pool ladder and the woodstack.
Only God could have done that.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/jensfotobucket/beforepicsJuly2010016.jpg

Here's a different angle

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/jensfotobucket/beforepicsJuly2010018.jpg

closer up. It fits so perfectly in that space.
We didn't touch it. it's cloudy because the lens
kept fogging up due to the humid air after the storm.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/jensfotobucket/beforepicsJuly2010019.jpg

Here is what happened!

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/jensfotobucket/poolpicsamazingbranch012-1.gif

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/jensfotobucket/poolpicsamazingbranch008-1.jpg

Good thing the clean up crew arrived. I think he'll have it removed in about 30 min.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/jensfotobucket/beforepicsJuly2010024.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/jensfotobucket/beforepicsJuly2010032.jpg

THE BONUS HERE IS I DON'T HAVE TO PAY HIM!

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/jensfotobucket/beforepicsJuly2010025.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/jensfotobucket/beforepicsJuly2010026.jpg

ok, here are some more fun pics to share with you. I hope you are enjoying them as much as I enjoyed them!

"Do I really have to do this again???"
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/jensfotobucket/beforepicsJuly2010030.jpg

"This is such hard work. Am I done yet?"

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/jensfotobucket/beforepicsJuly2010031.jpg

My little helper Gardens too!

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/jensfotobucket/JAMESGARDEN003-2.jpg

Naomi says "Hey you now that you have that camera,
i'm too cute to not take a pic.
Oh yeah Abby did that to the blinds, not me"

(Abby was sitting in the front window with the # 3 symbol remember?)
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/jensfotobucket/beforepicsJuly2010041.jpg

EZMONEY
07-14-2010, 11:27 PM
Great pictures JEN! Love the garden....you have earned every bit of aching bone in your body!!

be good

jendiet
07-14-2010, 11:31 PM
Heh at least it is not aching today, i am just tired. I am trying to study have a big test tomorrow! Boy am i a slacker!

EZMONEY
07-15-2010, 09:37 AM
Oh man this is getting out of hand!

Back up to 191 again....

got a 4 mile walk in yesterday....

veggie omelette/hash browns and toast at the cafe.....small plate of nachos, honey dew melon for lunch.....Angie and I split 3/4 of a large spinach/bacon THIN crust pizza and salad after seeing Despicable Me...4 or 5 beers....

I guess that is a lot of calories for the day when all I did after the walk was watch Judge Judy ~ Facebook and 3FC.....

time to move it-move it-move it!!!!

Get the treadmill smokin'

jendiet
07-15-2010, 01:55 PM
well, scale is up to 181.8.

I had kind of late night eating going on. Couldn't resiste the strawberries, blueberries and whipped cream. Then had to finish that with a glass of milk. I am DOWN from yesterday though. heh.

Oh Gary. Try eating an only whole foods approach, and see what happens. That would be veggies, nuts, eggs, milk, NO BEER, fruit, beans, whole wheat.

maybe that would kick you into ability to eat a little better. For me junk food, makes me crave junk food.

Hugs, you will go back down. I know it.

where is the rest of the team? Hey all!

jendiet
07-15-2010, 03:09 PM
i'm sad, i made my lowest grade on a test so far. I can't believe i did so wrong, when i studied more than usual. Oh well. I guess you win some, and lose some.

blondebritbrat17
07-15-2010, 04:41 PM
Jendiet-Love your pictures.

EZMONEY- I know I'm not alone at all! :-) I still consider myself and my husband more fortunate. We are doing just fine right now financially with just his job with a lot of adjustments to our budget. It's just other people seem to be imposing on me what they think I should be doing or trying to at least. They don't seem to understand that we are fine financially for now.

I think either the heat is getting to me here since it's been 100 degrees or hotter than that lately around here. Or I might be coming down with something. I'm not sure. I slept for twelve hours last night and feel a bit better. I am going to try to just walk today on my treadmill after I run my errands since I still feel so blah. Have a nice day!

mtiger
07-15-2010, 08:05 PM
am experiencing the same ole, same ole blues. One day just runs into the next and they are all pretty dull and boring. My ONE big change for the day was...I got up and did my workout early this morning..7:30. During the summer, that is a record. I knew it was getting hot today and it did. 4 miles..run/walk.

I went to try a different gym on Tues. Arms and legs are still a bit sore. TOM is approaching. 178 today!!!

Jen- Nice pics. you have some great plants. Looks like you have been working hard.

jendiet
07-15-2010, 09:08 PM
Thanks Tiger. One thing i love about TOM, is the whoosh afterwards. I am hoping to whoosh at least 5 lbs. That would be great. I am building up to my highest weight before TOM, so as long as I see the scale where I was before ovulation...that makes me happy....I should be below that after TOM.

blondebritbrat17
07-16-2010, 02:36 PM
Well I finally had a nice gift today given to me on the scale. I am down 1.2 pounds to 213. I was VERY happy this morning. I am going to a new class at my gym tonight and it is a cardio dance party class so hopefully I will enjoy it. I think I will enjoy it. It is an hour long class and I just hope I can keep up and keep moving for an hour. My husband is down another pound to 189. That makes about 23 pounds lost for him in two months. I can really see the changes now for him. I am very happy for him but sad for me if that makes sense. I just hope I start catching up. :-) I go to the doctor today to get a prescription for birth control and hopefully I'll start feeling better. I can really tell the difference not being on it this month. Have a great day!

jendiet
07-16-2010, 03:19 PM
blonde, i hope you start feeling better. I attended a zumba class. Also when I was younger I went to MANY aerobics classes with my momma, we were the most unfit people there...and when they would do the routine...if we got tired we just marched in place and then jumped back in when we got better.

I told my mom when i was older a little bit, that interval training was better anyways--she asked what it was....after the routine the instructor came back to talk to us...and she told me what I did about just marching or playing with the ball when i got tired was the RIGHT thing to do, rather than just stop. She said interval training is alot better for you.

well, i am still feeling kind of WORN OUT. I don't know what it is-i feel fluish without having the flu, and at random times my fingers go numb when i am doing things like typing or talking on the phone..and then stop being numb.

i took a huge nap from 10:00 am to 2 pm. I feel a little better tired wise, but not motivation wise. I am going to try to drink a shake and take a green tea pill and get in there and clean my kitchen.

One good thing! The green tea pill may pep me enough to work out a little.

oh yeah, Praise God. We just got a rainshower. We really need the rain. I was laying in bed feeling miserable thinking I needed to water my plants, and that I felt too weak, and then it rained!

EZMONEY
07-16-2010, 09:08 PM
HI TEAM ~ :)

A quick check in and catch up since Angie just headed off to teach her Friday night yoga class at the studio.

well I am stuck at 191 but maybe tomorrow it will be down :dizzy:

JEN ~ I hope you are feeling better. we had one of those summer rain showers with thunder storms yesterday afternoon...very rare for here. I just love the work you have done in your yard this summer...way cool :cool:

BRAT ~ :D now-now...be happy for your husband ;) Enjoy that class! :carrot:

MINDY ~ Have you tried to switch it up a bit in your routine to shake those blues? Angie and I get bored with our walks with the dogs so we change the routes....sometimes in the 'hood ~ drive to the beach and go out from there, then have breakfast....we have several routes and cafes to do that too ~ sometimes we walk at the duck pond ~ our Starbucks trip that we did today. Same miles but different locations to "spice" it up. Start at a Dairy Queen do your miles and come back and treat yourself to a mini-cone ;)...or a coffee shop and get a nice cool ice tea....you get the idea :hug:

Well TEAM I will check in tomorrow...:hug:

jendiet
07-16-2010, 09:34 PM
Thanks Gary,it is rewarding. I hope the scale starts inching back down. Yeah you do live in Southern California and we have a saying "it never rains in southern california!" I am glad you got a storm too.

Well, the myofusion shake and fiber and the Alive mutivitamin supplement, really perked me up! I didn't need the green tea pill this time either...i was becoming dependent on it...

i even cleaned the house too!

EZMONEY
07-17-2010, 10:28 AM
Garage sale here this morning...hot already...

hoping to lose a pound haggling over prices....

just try to talk me down on that $2 TV...just try!

as you may have guessed...no good news on that scale...

be good TEAM...be good

blondebritbrat17
07-17-2010, 11:28 AM
Whew.. I am SORE. I went to that cardio dance party class at my gym last night but had so much fun. My goodness. I was pouring sweat within 10 minutes. I may need to purchase some light and airy work out clothes that wick away sweat or something and more sports bras. I have only ONE good sports bra and I sure was bouncing a lot last night and eventually just had to stop bouncing haha. I just usually wear my house clothes to the gym and that may not work. This morning is a Zumba class and I am debating going. I think I will go just to try it and work out some of this soreness. I do need to eat a snack before I go to these classes as I discovered. Last night I came home and pigged out on pizza since I was SO HUNGRY after class. It's been a long time since I've been that hungry and felt like that. Lesson learned. Scale is up to 215.2 today. Later this afternoon I have a bridal shower party to go to. Then a birthday party to go to tonight and then possibly going out out of town for the day tomorrow to visit my grandfather who is back in the hospital. Poor man can't seem to get a break. In between all of this I have to somehow squeeze in studying for two tests and homework. Have a great weekend!

jendiet
07-17-2010, 09:37 PM
brat, it sounds like you had fun. yeah, i would definitely get a better sports bra and some more comfortable clothes. i have to study too so i feel you on that one.

mrsaugie
07-18-2010, 06:56 PM
Just stopping by to say that everything is going good for me right now.

jendiet
07-18-2010, 09:49 PM
yay Mrs. Augie, glad it is going well with you!

blondebritbrat17
07-19-2010, 10:54 AM
Ugh the scale was NOT kind to me this morning.. I'm up to 217. I do feel like I am retaining water and feeling like I've got the beginnings of a bladder/UTI infection. So that may be why. I hope not though since for me those infections get pretty painful. If so I'll be going to the doctor I guess soon. I started back on my regiment of vitamins last week and added cranberry supplements this weekend as well. I have my first algebra test this morning wish me luck and keep your fingers crossed I don't have to go to the doctor please! have a great day!